PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

Posh Hibby
16-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Can someone tell me if he is injured again or just not getting on the bench?

Heard a lot of good things about him and was hoping for him to get some game time this season.

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Highly thought of but feel like a bit of an enigma as never near to the first team to stake a claim. Manager is one who like to promote youth so hopefully will work for him

Billy Whizz
16-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Highly thought of but feel like a bit of an enigma as never near to the first team to stake a claim. Manager is one who like to promote youth so hopefully will work for him

Just getting match fitness after being out for so long
His time will come

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Just getting match fitness after being out for so long
His time will come

Yeah billy I don’t mean this to come across as negative or in relation to his ability as I know he’s a very talented player. Maybe a victim of Ryan’s progress and his injuries. Hope he does the damage

Billy Whizz
16-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Yeah billy I don’t mean this to come across as negative or in relation to his ability as I know he’s a very talented player. Maybe a victim of Ryan’s progress and his injuries. Hope he does the damage

I didn’t take it that way, FM really needs to get some game time I. His legs, I’m sure once he’s played a few more games for the Reserves, he’ll be close to the 1st team squad

B.H.F.C
16-02-2019, 07:35 PM
When I first saw him I thought he had a real chance.

Hard to see him getting much game time in the remainder of the season, unless we end up in the bottom six.

Turns 20 before the end of the season so the summer is make or break for him at Hibs IMO.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2019, 07:39 PM
When I first saw him I thought he had a real chance.

Hard to see him getting much game time in the remainder of the season, unless we end up in the bottom six.

Turns 20 before the end of the season so the summer is make or break for him at Hibs IMO.

I don’t think I do, under contract until 2023, plenty ot Tim e on his side had a year of injuries which curtailed his progress

The_Horde
16-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Can someone tell me if he is injured again or just not getting on the bench?

Heard a lot of good things about him and was hoping for him to get some game time this season.

Drive past me about kick off time today on Easter Road in a white Golf.

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Sat in the stand with his HIBS gear on today beside his colleagues

B.H.F.C
16-02-2019, 08:09 PM
I don’t think I do, under contract until 2023, plenty ot Tim e on his side had a year of injuries which curtailed his progress

If he’s not playing first team football by the time he’s 20 he’ll end up miles behind in terms of development.

There has been plenty players who have been given long term contracts in their late teens and never went on to be regular first team players.

I think he has ability but he needs to be making an impact soon or someone from the next age group will be catching him up.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2019, 08:13 PM
If he’s not playing first team football by the time he’s 20 he’ll end up miles behind in terms of development.

There has been plenty players who have been given long term contracts in their late teens and never went on to be regular first team players.

I think he has ability but he needs to be making an impact soon or someone from the next age group will be catching him up.

He can hardly make an impact if he’s had a long term injury
He’s over it now, let’s judge him on the remainder of the season please

B.H.F.C
16-02-2019, 08:16 PM

He broke through two years ago, not sure how long he was out injured for. As I say, I thought he looked a real player when I first saw him, I just struggle to see him getting much in the way of minutes in the remainder of the season.

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Hopefully not far away, a real chance of making it. Tidy player

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Hopefully not far away, a real chance of making it. Tidy player
Maybe when we are stabilised either in the top six or bottom six he will get game time. I am sure Heck will see Fraser Murray as a player who can go on become a great player.

calumhibee1
17-02-2019, 08:39 AM
He broke through two years ago, not sure how long he was out injured for. As I say, I thought he looked a real player when I first saw him, I just struggle to see him getting much in the way of minutes in the remainder of the season.

Likewise. I thought he looked a cracking player when he broke through. I can’t see him starting many games this season though.

Maybe somebody could take him on an emergency loan for a month or so.

EVENTUALLY
17-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Fraser will make it.
No question about it.
He is a great talent who has not enjoyed the best of luck with injury.
When he gets a starting place and a run of a few games he will push on.

My_Wife_Camille
17-02-2019, 10:09 AM
It’s 18 months since he last kicked a ball for us in a league match and in that time he’s played only 20 minutes of first team football (sub against Elgin)

I don’t doubt he’s had some niggles and injuries to deal with but he’s been playing consistently for the 19’s/development squad and Scotland in that time so I don’t think they’ve been as big a factor as is being made out.

He’s clearly got something about him but I can’t help but feel it’s not going to happen for him here.

The Modfather
17-02-2019, 10:31 AM
It’s 18 months since he last kicked a ball for us in a league match and in that time he’s played only 20 minutes of first team football (sub against Elgin)

I don’t doubt he’s had some niggles and injuries to deal with but he’s been playing consistently for the 19’s/development squad and Scotland in that time so I don’t think they’ve been as big a factor as is being made out.

He’s clearly got something about him but I can’t help but feel it’s not going to happen for him here.

Got to agree. At nearly 20 can’t but help feel he would have made it or been well on the road to making it e.g. Shaw and Porteous, by now if it was going to happen for him.

Think he will be the next Alex Harris and Sam Stanton, showed a brief glimpse of his potential but never progressed enough to make it at Hibs.

EVENTUALLY
18-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Got to agree. At nearly 20 can’t but help feel he would have made it or been well on the road to making it e.g. Shaw and Porteous, by now if it was going to happen for him.

Think he will be the next Alex Harris and Sam Stanton, showed a brief glimpse of his potential but never progressed enough to make it at Hibs.

We'll see. It would have been difficult for any youngster to knock SJM, Allan and McGeough out of the team when they were being heralded as the best midfield in Scotland.
A first half hat trick today won't have done him any harm. A sustained run while scoring goals for the Devs/Res will see him in contention for a starting place in the first team and it will be up to him to take it. I believe he will be a fixture in the first team next season and will be an exciting player for Hibs.

CapitalGreen
18-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Fraser Murray has made more appearances and scored more goals for Hibs than Derek Riordan had at the same age.

Tarrahib
18-02-2019, 06:16 PM
We'll see. It would have been difficult for any youngster to knock SJM, Allan and McGeough out of the team when they were being heralded as the best midfield in Scotland.
A first half hat trick today won't have done him any harm. A sustained run while scoring goals for the Devs/Res will see him in contention for a starting place in the first team and it will be up to him to take it. I believe he will be a fixture in the first team next season and will be an exciting player for Hibs.
As I have said in another post Fraser Murray Flo and Sparky in the forward line on Friday night.:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

My_Wife_Camille
18-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Fraser Murray has made more appearances and scored more goals for Hibs than Derek Riordan had at the same age.
Derek Riordan had 175 minutes of top flight experience compared to Murray’s 20 minutes at the same age.

Stats eh?:cb

I do take your point to be fair - it is possible that he’ll force his way into the team and become an important player but imo the fact that we need to go back almost 20 years to find our last ‘late bloomer’ only strengthens the argument that it’s unlikely to happen for him here.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Derek Riordan had 175 minutes of top flight experience compared to Murray’s 20 minutes at the same age.

Stats eh?:cb

I do take your point to be fair - it is possible that he’ll force his way into the team and become an important player but imo the fact that we need to go back almost 20 years to find our last ‘late bloomer’ only strengthens the argument that it’s unlikely to happen for him here.

Mental to think it's been that long since Riordan broke through

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Did Fraser Murray not score a hatrick along with Jamie G for the Development Team yesterday versus Dundee?

Cannae make any sense of the Development Team thread :greengrin

Billy Whizz please help! :confused:

timewilltell
19-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Did Fraser Murray not score a hatrick along with Jamie G for the Development Team yesterday versus Dundee?

Correct. Hibs won 8-1

calumhibee1
19-02-2019, 08:14 AM

3 for Murray, 3 for Gullane and 2 for Shaw. 8-1 victory :agree:

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys!

There you go Fraser Murray scored a hatrick yesterday

Witnessed by PH Fraser Murray and Jamie G must have pressing claims for a place on the bench on Friday

J-C
19-02-2019, 08:30 AM

Billy, where would you see Fraser's best position, an attacking mid or is he capable of playing across the pitch in any of the forward areas.

Billy Whizz
19-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Billy, where would you see Fraser's best position, an attacking mid or is he capable of playing across the pitch in any of the forward areas.

Like to see him play in the last 3rd, for me wide left or right at this stage of his career, but maybe attacking midfielder as he gets older

Bostonhibby
19-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Good to see the lad back from injury, as an avid reader of the development game threads and from the odd bit of info picked up I've long had high hopes for Shaw, Gullan, Mackie, Murray and Porteous. Murray is in the right place now and hopefully gets his chance and grabs it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
19-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys!

There you go Fraser Murray scored a hatrick yesterday

Witnessed by PH Fraser Murray and Jamie G must have pressing claims for a place on the bench on Friday

Gullane has to be ahead of Lewis Allan in the pecking order soon.

Without wanting to sound too harsh Lewis Allan is even less threatening than Danny Handling as a striker.

J-C
19-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Like to see him play in the last 3rd, for me wide left or right at this stage of his career, but maybe attacking midfielder as he gets older

:aok:

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-02-2019, 05:37 PM
In light of what was said about Hastie at Motherwell progressing so well after being on loan, could Murray go out?

Regular football in a good league one side would surely bring him on. Same could be said for Gullan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro