PDA

View Full Version : Big Daz

Mango Man
16-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Thought he had a solid game today, an absolute rock, Hanlon showed improvement too.

Hope we can get another season out of him.

Forza Fred
16-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Thought he had a solid game today, an absolute rock, Hanlon showed improvement too.

Unluckily booked when a bad ball meant he really had no option other than to take one for the team...must be close to a suspension now.

Wigson13
16-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Thought he was excellent today! Had to take the booking because of David Gray's mistake which was a pity because he never put a foot wrong all game.

Mr Grieves
16-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Daz was solid. We just need to worry about keeping him fit.

GlesgaeHibby
16-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Thought he was excellent today! Had to take the booking because of David Gray's mistake which was a pity because he never put a foot wrong all game.

Was a shocker of a pass from Slivka (who deserved his MOTM today). Daz and Milligan played very well today.

Hibi
16-02-2019, 06:03 PM

It was Slivkas poor pass not grays

hibeerealist
16-02-2019, 06:05 PM

it was Vicky that gave him the poor pass, not SDG, that led to his booking

matty_f
16-02-2019, 06:09 PM
He was good today, absolutely solid at times. :agree:

H18 SFR
16-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Unluckily booked when a bad ball meant he really had no option other than to take one for the team...must be close to a suspension now.

That was an exceptional tactical foul. Ramos'esque.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Daz has always been solid, never shirks out of a challenge. Puts his head were it hurts but.......I do question his footballing ability at times. Him and Hanlon are panic merchants at times with very little composure. They were both decent today I’ll admit but Hanlon has been really poor since his return from injury. We need better if we are ever to compete for top four. Controversial opinion I know considering both are cup legends but that’s my honest opinion.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2019, 01:18 AM
Daz has always been solid, never shirks out of a challenge. Puts his head were it hurts but.......I do question his footballing ability at times. Him and Hanlon are panic merchants at times with very little composure. They were both decent today I’ll admit but Hanlon has been really poor since his return from injury. We need better if we are ever to compete for top four. Controversial opinion I know considering both are cup legends but that’s my honest opinion.

Some slight praise, but, some over exaggeration, some context, get rid, ambition, cup winners blah. “At times.”

Controversial really?

hibbysam
17-02-2019, 03:15 AM

Bookings got reset after 19 games. So only bookings from the hearts home game count towards his 6.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 06:30 AM

Think it was Milligan that sold him short, though in saying that now thinking it might have been slivka, :greengrin in any case it wasnt SDG.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Hanlon has loads of composure, thought they both played well and defensively we looked much better. Hopefully that continues as they are both excellent players and provide a good balance.

Onion
17-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Great to see Darren back to his best. Was outstanding yesterday, against some tricky opponents.

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Think it was Milligan that sold him short, though in saying that now thinking it might have been slivka, :greengrin in any case it wasnt SDG.
It was SDG that lost the ball up the park Slivka retrieved it then sold McGregor short.Mcgregor was in a similar position later on in the game but realised he had been booked earlier had to pull out of the tackle.Good thinking on his part.

Hibee Mac
17-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Daz is an absolute rock, sometimes he needs to stop hoofing it up the park so much but he's class at defending which is what he's on the park to do.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 08:05 AM

They both played every week as we finished top 4 so how do we need better to finish top 4?

Hanlon is very composed, always has been. Played some lovely passes yesterday.

Brightside
17-02-2019, 08:08 AM

Away and take your head for a shiyte.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Some slight praise, but, some over exaggeration, some context, get rid, ambition, cup winners blah. “At times.”

Controversial really?

Obviously you don’t agree, that’s ok. I get that some like to take the party line for fear of ridicule but I pay my moneys and I like to say what I see. Both McGregor & Hanlon have been great for us but nobody can deny that over a good period of time this season both players haven’t been anywhere near their best. There’s no room for sentiment in football. Both these guys need to up their game or they could well find themselves heading for the exit.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 08:38 AM

:greengrin :aok:

Vault Boy
17-02-2019, 08:39 AM
I think it's taken him a while to get up to match sharpness (understandable when considering his age and injury history).

He's playing much more like himself now, absolute unit.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 08:40 AM
They both played every week as we finished top 4 so how do we need better to finish top 4?

Its been talked about on this forum, both haven’t been at their best this season. That’s why. Maybe it’s time for a change?

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Its been talked about on this forum, both haven’t been at their best this season. That’s why. Maybe it’s time for a change?

The problem is that we only have one back up CH in Milligan, who is playing well in midfield, so what change could be made?

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 09:55 AM
I thought McGregor was McGregor yesterday. Battled away and was the more commanding of the two centre halves IMO. He always battles away but we are weak defensively at the moment IMO, the stronger teams will hurt us. Definitely an area that needs addressed in the summer.

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 10:07 AM
I thought McGregor was McGregor yesterday. Battled away and was the more commanding of the two centre halves IMO. He always battles away but we are weak defensively at the moment IMO, the stronger teams will hurt us. Definitely an area that needs addressed in the summer.

I think we only have Hanlon and Porteous under contract for next season, so we have two vacancies and need at least one signing. The other CH could be a signing, a youth if ready or extending McGregor for a year.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 05:01 PM

I couldn’t agree more. I totally get why some don’t like this type of talk because both have been good solid defenders for as long as I can remember but I think the new manager will see weaknesses in both Hanlon & McGregors game. It would however be great if they hit a bit of form and proved some of us doubters wrong.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2019, 05:14 PM
I think we only have Hanlon and Porteous under contract for next season, so we have two vacancies and need at least one signing. The other CH could be a signing, a youth if ready or extending McGregor for a year.

I think we need to sign someone that is going to come in and really improve us, a first name on the team sheet. Worth remembering we lost our best centre half in January.

With the emergence of Porteous, Hanlon really needs to find some form in the remainder of this season or his place will be seriously under threat next year IMO.

Smartie
18-02-2019, 12:09 AM
I thought Hanlon and McGregor were much more like their old selves on Saturday.

They're both good players who have struggled for form, for whatever reason.

Accies didn't pose a huge threat but there were still a few situations that the CH's and GK did very well with - the kind of situations that have led to us losing goals earlier this season.

I think the new manager will have been very happy with what he saw there.

DetroitHibs
18-02-2019, 05:36 AM

So you don't agree with a members opinion, no need to be an absolute cocksocket about it :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2019, 06:01 AM

They haven't been at their best because they've both been injured. As has the entire back 4 at some stage.

You're either at the wind up or haven't watched these two over the last few years. Panic merchants?

I'm sure the new manager will have his views moving forward, but your analysis is poor.

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2019, 09:58 AM

Or maybe it's time to trust them and help them find form again? No wonder players don't stick around here with opinions like yours.

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Both have had their injuries which has no doubt led to their dip in form. I’m sure Hanlon will get back to the performances we know he can produce but I do have my doubts over McGregor, he will be 34 in the summer and think his injuries have caught up with him.

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 01:38 PM
I read on some forum that Hecky is interested in bringing in Paudie O'Connor from Leeds but perhaps that's only because PH gave him his shot in the first team.

I would personally give Daz another year.

H18 SFR
18-02-2019, 06:00 PM
I read on some forum that Hecky is interested in bringing in Paudie O'Connor from Leeds but perhaps that's only because PH gave him his shot in the first team.

I would personally give Daz another year.

Is that the boy out with a double leg break at the min?

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Is that the boy out with a double leg break at the min?

He has just went on loan to brentford(I think)

jacomo
18-02-2019, 10:11 PM

:agree:

However, it’s true that PH does have alarming dips in form at times and Daz isn’t getting any younger. We absolutely need both to be on their A game now though.

I hope Daz proves himself for another seasons contract.