PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

04Sauzee
16-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Going to be honest I have been one of his biggest critics. Thought that was the best performance I have seen from him in a Hibs shirt. Absolutely fantastic and very much deserved his MOTM award.

CapitalGreen
16-02-2019, 05:07 PM
He’s been our best, most consistent player of 2019 so far.

bingo70
16-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Was like a different player today.

Thought him and Milligan were both excellent,

MB62
16-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Going to be honest I have been one of his biggest critics. Thought that was the best performance I have seen from him in a Hibs shirt. Absolutely fantastic and very much deserved his MOTM award.

Very similar thoughts to my own.

Forza Fred
16-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Was like a different player today.

Thought him and Milligan were both excellent,

Agree with this, and think a bit consistency in selection has contributed to it...rather than one week in, one week out.

Players benefit by a run of games together….

SRHibs
16-02-2019, 05:10 PM
Boss.

Allant1981
16-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Played well today again, glad to see him get a run of games and actually show us what he is like as a player, him and Milligan in the middle seems to suit us

Hibee Mac
16-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Has fantastic technical ability, I think the only thing he's missing is that little bit more physicality and getting his body in between the ball and the player, sometimes he's pushed off the ball a little too easy.

Played very well today looking forward to seeing him push on under the Heck

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Been our best player for 3 months.

Crab apple
16-02-2019, 05:18 PM
He played very well today.

HibbyAndy
16-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Outstanding

Onion
16-02-2019, 05:21 PM

:agree: Best game for Hibs and deservedly MOTM.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2019, 05:22 PM
:agree: Best game for Hibs and deservedly MOTM.

Honestly, not even in his top 5 best games for Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
16-02-2019, 05:24 PM
I feel Slivka, like many of our players, is tough to judge over the medium term due to either being played out of position or playing in a team that lacked either confidence, an obvious shape that worked or both. We had a midfield that picked itself in the 2017 season and struggled to replace it (most managers/clubs would have tbf)

I actually think we have some really decent players right now and the job for PH is to find a selection and shape that works for the remainder of this season and identify what needs to be added to make the players we currently have that he wants to keep into a team competing at the business end of the table (something I suspect that will make his life easier is the equivalent of a new signing with Boyle being back).

Eyrie
16-02-2019, 05:24 PM
He's shown patches of good play in the past but this was the first game where I thought he was consistently good, showing for the ball, making passes and working hard in defence.

Jim44
16-02-2019, 05:25 PM
No apologies for copying and pasting my post from another thread, but I think this guy is coming into his own, now.

“I’m really chuffed for Slivka. From the day he came to us, I’ve always thought he showed great promise but has blown a bit hot and cold, maybe because of not being an automatic selection. I don’t think he has ever been as weak as some folk make out but he has rarely won everybody over. Maybe his time has come.”

weecounty hibby
16-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Keep playing him in the middle and play him consistently and I think we will keep seeing him improve. Played very well today

hibee_girl
16-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Didn’t think he showed anything today that he hasn’t been showing for the last few weeks tbh.

He’s a great player and we’re lucky to have him imo.

Golden Bear
16-02-2019, 05:50 PM
He kept it going for 90mins today. Very impressed.

Brightside
16-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Boys a proper player. Said it from day 1

Musselbound
16-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Played well today again, glad to see him get a run of games and actually show us what he is like as a player, him and Milligan in the middle seems to suit us

I thought the two of them bossed the game last weekend as well.

Feed McGraw
16-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Has fantastic technical ability, I think the only thing he's missing is that little bit more physicality and getting his body in between the ball and the player, sometimes he's pushed off the ball a little too easy.

Played very well today looking forward to seeing him push on under the Heck Said exactly the same at the match ( the physicality) big improvement recently though and was very good today.

RoslinInstHibby
16-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Thought he was brilliant today, very calming influence on the side. Never hides

Hibeesmad
16-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Different class

Dunfyhibee
16-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Top notch today, starting to show what he’s really got. Really neat and tidy in the ball with a lot of forward passes. Unsure if the central two of himself and Milligan will have the legs in the bigger games but suspect the manager will know this.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 06:21 PM
He's benefiting from a run in the team, he's a good player and was well deserving of the man of the match award today.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Ye he had a decent game today I suppose but seriously I still think we need better quality than him. I wouldn’t trust him in a tight derby against them at Tynie. He’d probably go AWOL. Now is his time, he’s getting an opportunity to play regular. He’d better put in some consistent performances or I think he could well be shown the door along with a few others I reckon. That was a really pish poor Hamilton side we made heavy work of today. We should have taken at least four of them today.?Still it’s three points but I wouldn’t be raving about any single performance, not against that lot.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Ye he had a decent game today I suppose but seriously I still think we need better quality than him. I wouldn’t trust him in a tight derby against them at Tynie. He’d probably go AWOL. Now is his time, he’s getting an opportunity to play regular. He’d better put in some consistent performances or I think he could well be shown the door along with a few others I reckon. That was a really pish poor Hamilton side we made heavy work of today. We should have taken at least four of them today.?Still it’s three points but I wouldn’t be raving about any single performance, not against that lot.

:aok: cool.

Dazzjw1875
16-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Thought Slivka was excellent! Milligan also had a very good game

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Milligan sat a bit deeper in the second half. Slivka is a talented player and he has a bit of physicality about him. What he has lacked is being given a consistent position and role to play.

StirlingHibee
16-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Always liked him - excellent performance today.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Milligan sat a bit deeper in the second half. Slivka is a talented player and he has a bit of physicality about him. What he has lacked is being given a consistent position and role to play.

You can clearly see Milligan has been a player in his day. Very composed on the ball, I really like what I see. Down side is a serious lack of pace though.

HappyAsHellas
16-02-2019, 06:32 PM

If it was the Hamilton team we took 6 off then I might agree with you, but Rice has relegated the hammer throwers like Imrie to the bench and has them trying to play football which makes them an entirely different opposition. Slivka was excellent today and the exact type of quality we need to go forward. Here's hoping Heck keeps playing him in his proper role, unlike the last guy.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 06:35 PM
If it was the Hamilton team we took 6 off then I might agree with you, but Rice has relegated the hammer throwers like Imrie to the bench and has them trying to play football which makes them an entirely different opposition. Slivka was excellent today and the exact type of quality we need to go forward. Here's hoping Heck keeps playing him in his proper role, unlike the last guy.

Thet were rotten today, especially in the first half. Much better in the second but we had good opportunities to hit them on the counter and made heavy work of those opportunities. I’m delighted we got the three points but you can clearly see we’re still a way off were we need to be.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 06:37 PM
:aok: cool.

Glad you agree :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
16-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Thet were rotten today, especially in the first half. Much better in the second but we had good opportunities to hit them on the counter and made heavy work of those opportunities. I’m delighted we got the three points but you can clearly see we’re still a way off were we need to be.

I think it was two teams in transition - I can't recall the last time I saw poor man's Hearts without all the niggly fouls, hoofball and dark arts. We still have a ways to go and Slivka will be a very important part of that.

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Some of the stick he got after the Aberdeen game on here was the most baffling I’ve ever seen ... and that’s saying something. Our best player in the game, same against Raith and same today.

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Thet were rotten today, especially in the first half. Much better in the second but we had good opportunities to hit them on the counter and made heavy work of those opportunities. I’m delighted we got the three points but you can clearly see we’re still a way off were we need to be.They weren't rotten at all...vastly improved from our previous 2 meetings this season and were very decent in 2nd half. They beat ST Johnstone last week under rice so have clearly improved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Different class he was good, glad he got motm well deserved. It’s no magic recipe play players in their proper position which he is and has shown why we signed him after seeing him in that role

Ozyhibby
16-02-2019, 07:15 PM
I thought Slivka played well today. He played a lot deeper, almost alongside Milligan and I think that role suits him a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
16-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Tremendous game for him and MM bar the pass that got Greegs booked. Thought we controlled the middle of the pitch fantastically today and Hamilton shouldn’t be discredited as they are improving. Slivka has got it, definitely.

Hibee Mac
16-02-2019, 08:22 PM
First time in ages where we can honestly say our midfield had control of the game.

Like the look of Slivka and Milligan in the centre.

SRHibs
16-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Vicky?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFrmapGCuhs

:^)

Tyler Durden
16-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Played well today and the flat 4 suited him.

Milligan for me is too slow and still takes too many touches on the ball. Wasn’t a problem today but I think he’ll cost us against the better teams.

Great chance for both of them to really cement their places in the team if they continue to play well in the next 2 games, which will be much tougher.

The_Horde
16-02-2019, 09:03 PM
The more direct approach to our play definitely suits his game. He's very good at gliding past players in the middle and getting himself between the lines.

I think he'll push on from here til the end of this season and then get a decent pre season in him and watch him go next season.

Smartie
16-02-2019, 09:06 PM

Milligan for me is too slow and still takes too many touches on the ball. Wasn’t a problem today but I think he’ll cost us against the better teams.

Great chance for both of them to really cement their places in the team if they continue to play well in the next 2 games, which will be much tougher.

I think Milligan would release it earlier but most of the times when he takes too many touches (and I agree he does this a lot) it's normally because he's very few options and doesn't want to just hoof it up the park.

Weegreenman
16-02-2019, 09:29 PM
They weren't rotten at all...vastly improved from our previous 2 meetings this season and were very decent in 2nd half. They beat ST Johnstone last week under rice so have clearly improved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seriously mate, they are a very poor outfit and will most likely be relegated.

hibeejoy
16-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Best man for me today.

Vault Boy
16-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Sometimes he makes things look very simple, he's got great feet and is a very silky player. I still think there's more to come from him, he's got an ability to waltz past players at times and I would like to see him gain even more confidence in doing so.

Onwards and upwards, we've got some real talent in this team.

J-C
16-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Good performance by Slivka, very good quick feet and brain and hardly seems to get flustered when in a tight spot, Milligan is similar, deserved MOM today.

The 90+2
16-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Best man for me today.

Milligan had a fantastic second half.

Smartie
16-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Sometimes he makes things look very simple, he's got great feet and is a very silky player. I still think there's more to come from him, he's got an ability to waltz past players at times and I would like to see him gain even more confidence in doing so.

Onwards and upwards, we've got some real talent in this team.

As a team we've struggled when pressed this season. Slivka is probably our best player at keeping it together under pressure - good touch, good wee burst of acceleration and a good use of the ball at the end of it. He'll be very important for us going forward.

This imo is Mallan's biggest weakness - he normally goes to pieces under pressure, although I did notice that he did very well once or twice today in tight situations. I still think his lack of having that necessary burst of pace will ultimately stop him from being a player who is more than a bottom 6 of the Scottish Premiership player.

monktonharp
16-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Slivka and Mulligan were a perfect match today. Sliv had a great game and deserved MoM in my opinion.

monktonharp
16-02-2019, 10:29 PM

Great chance for both of them to really cement their places in the team if they continue to play well in the next 2 games, which will be much tougher.really Tyler/ Milligan had a stormer today, naw? he looked the biz. we all know he is nae young chicken but he had a good game. maybe it's horses for courses when you refer to "better teams" though.:confused:

16-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Zidanesque. Class

tonyrougier123
17-02-2019, 12:46 AM
Glad to see so many positive comments on slivka.really like him.he seems to be really starting to get to grips with the scottish game.strides past players with ease sometimes.

LaMotta
17-02-2019, 12:56 AM

Agree with this.

We were poor in the final third which needs addressed.

Skivka def had his best game for us today, hope it continues.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Seriously mate, they are a very poor outfit and will most likely be relegated.

Better team than St Mirren and looked to me like they played more football under Rice. Also beat St Johnstone which very few have.

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Glad to see so many positive comments on slivka.really like him.he seems to be really starting to get to grips with the scottish game.strides past players with ease sometimes.
When he is in a tight corner surrounded by a few players he just seems to ghost past them.I thought he has been good lately but not his best performance yesterday. Everybody sees his performance differently . I am not knocking him but l look forward to see him when he produces his best form all the time.

Leith Green
17-02-2019, 08:01 AM
As a team we've struggled when pressed this season. Slivka is probably our best player at keeping it together under pressure - good touch, good wee burst of acceleration and a good use of the ball at the end of it. He'll be very important for us going forward.

This imo is Mallan's biggest weakness - he normally goes to pieces under pressure, although I did notice that he did very well once or twice today in tight situations. I still think his lack of having that necessary burst of pace will ultimately stop him from being a player who is more than a bottom 6 of the Scottish Premiership player.

Mallan reminds me of Liam Craig at times

HAZ2000
17-02-2019, 08:54 AM

100%

JohnM1875
17-02-2019, 08:57 AM

Yup! So glad he's showing it now! Rated him since he signed. Him and Milligan work really well together.

Souter96Mac
17-02-2019, 09:03 AM
I'm glad our team has got a bit of consistency to it at the moment. Seems ages since we had the same team start consecutive games. It's a huge if, as it seems like he's forever injured, but if Agyepong can get fit, having the likes of him and Omeonga as options off the bench will be great.

j'adorehibs
17-02-2019, 10:32 AM

Played very well today looking forward to seeing him push on under the Heck

I'd agree with this , im always wanting him to press the opposition and try win the ball a bit more, he tends to jockey from a distance...he has been good last few games though

hibsdaft
17-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Glad he's starting to deliver on his obvious ability and promise. I'd given up on him after the last derby.

The true test will be against the better sides though, in tougher midfield battles.

basehibby
17-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Excellent performance from Slivka and thoroughly deserved MOM.

It's taken a long time but we are finally getting to see - consistently - the kind of form which earned him a move to Juve.

Now surely one of the first names on the teamsheet and long may it last :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speedway
17-02-2019, 12:20 PM
To quote my original analysis when I first saw him at Hibs:

‘Slivka’s a player’

Delighted he’s making it happen for himself now.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Glad he's starting to deliver on his obvious ability and promise. I'd given up on him after the last derby.

The true test will be against the better sides though, in tougher midfield battles.
He was excellent for 6 weeks before the Derby and was far from our worst that night.

17-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Did anyone else notice he got a note from Heck in the second half.

HAZ2000
17-02-2019, 02:14 PM
First name on the teamsheet atm for me and has been for a while

nellio
17-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Been saying for a while that when he's played in the centre he's great. Why Lennon kept playing him wide was mystifying.

Unseen work
17-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Just finished watching the game back now and thought he had a good game, not quite as brilliant as the majority on here seem to think though I appreciate its different watching it live.

Last 30 minutes he particularly upped it imo and overall dominated the middle of the park with Milligan - who for me was MOTM.

A lot of positive individual performances out there today which should give us hope.

McNulty - Got a lot more to his game than I expected and brilliant work rate
Omeonga - What you want from a sub, lots of energy, got involved and made chances
Milligan - Bossed the midfield. One the ball back constantly and was very good on the ball.
Kamberi - A lot better than recent weeks and signs that the goals are going to return to his game.
Horgan - Bet his man at ease and some fantastic balls in the box.

Hecks I’m sure will be happy but still A lot of areas we can improve on.

Onto Dundee.

Ozyhibby
17-02-2019, 06:01 PM
If he is played as a defensive mid as he was yesterday then I think he might win me over but I don’t think he is a box to box mid because he is too slow and passive when chasing back. I liked him in the role he had yesterday. Whether we need him and Milligan playing that role together is another question.

Allant1981
17-02-2019, 06:38 PM
If he is played as a defensive mid as he was yesterday then I think he might win me over but I don’t think he is a box to box mid because he is too slow and passive when chasing back. I liked him in the role he had yesterday. Whether we need him and Milligan playing that role together is another question.

Well it's been working the last few games so we obviously do need them playing that role together

Ozyhibby
17-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Well it's been working the last few games so we obviously do need them playing that role together

I missed Raith game, did he play as deep in that game?

Tyler Durden
17-02-2019, 07:14 PM
I missed Raith game, did he play as deep in that game?

No - we played a diamond in the Raith game. At times the 4 players were nowhere near compact enough and we looked disjointed IMO.

Playing the conventional 4 yesterday was much better. I thought Mallan was the only disappointment but if anything he was maybe trying a bit too hard, was a bit nervy. If the 4 of them can become a bit more of a unit then I think they could keep their places for weeks. That wide right position could definitely suit Mallan as there’s a bit less pressure there and giving the ball away would be less of a worry.

It’s only one game though, if we can go and win on Friday then I’d start to have a bit more belief in these players.

Allant1981
17-02-2019, 07:30 PM
No - we played a diamond in the Raith game. At times the 4 players were nowhere near compact enough and we looked disjointed IMO.

Playing the conventional 4 yesterday was much better. I thought Mallan was the only disappointment but if anything he was maybe trying a bit too hard, was a bit nervy. If the 4 of them can become a bit more of a unit then I think they could keep their places for weeks. That wide right position could definitely suit Mallan as there’s a bit less pressure there and giving the ball away would be less of a worry.

It’s only one game though, if we can go and win on Friday then I’d start to have a bit more belief in these players.

Have to disagree, thought slivka and Milligan played well against raith also

Hiber-nation
17-02-2019, 07:33 PM
He's been good but he can still do a lot more and hopefully Heck is the man to bring the best out of him.

Tyler Durden
17-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Have to disagree, thought slivka and Milligan played well against raith also

I didn’t think they were bad individually, just that the diamond system didn’t work that well at times. Horgan at the tip of the diamond and Milligan being deepest were too far apart. Left Slivka and Mallan with too much to do. That was a problem for Slivka and Mackie against Celtic in the diamond also.

I though the balance of the team was better yesterday. Kept things simple basically and maybe the players appreciated that

elevengoats
29-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Anyone else thought Slivka changed the game today after coming on?

Golden Bear
29-03-2019, 09:31 PM

Nope. But he played ok.

hfcok
29-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Yeh both subs changed the game

hibsbollah
29-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Tidy, nothing spectacular. I do like him though.