PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone leave the stadium before the end of the game?

elevengoats
16-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle. :confused:

percy veer
16-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle. :confused:

:rolleyes:

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 05:01 PM

Because we’re winning 2- 0 with not a lot happening, have a distance to travel, going out tonight and don’t want caught up in traffic. But it’s actually none of your business.

Beefster
16-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Whilst we’re being fishwives and moaning about behaviour that doesn’t affect us, what’s with folk folding a pizza in half to eat it? Weirdos.

Bob1875
16-02-2019, 05:03 PM
I done it to beat the traffic and because I was bored.

murray26
I take it we’re really struggling for things to moan about tonight..👍

H18S NX
Whilst we’re being fishwives and moaning about behaviour that doesn’t affect us, what’s with folk folding a pizza in half to eat it? Weirdos......:faf:

Steve20
16-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Who cares? If people want to leave early then it’s upto them. They’ve paid for their ticket. Entitled to leave when they want.

percy veer
16-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Pizza?

Where? How? When?

what were the pies like

Saturday Boy
16-02-2019, 05:08 PM
what were the pies like

They were like meat filling in a pastry case.

Hope that helps

Allant1981
16-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Does it actually bother folk that some fans leave early? I couldnt care less, I'm there to watch the team not fans coming and going

SRHibs
16-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Does it actually bother folk that some fans leave early? I couldnt care less, I'm there to watch the team not fans coming and going

The worst are those who stand on the stairway for the last 5 minutes blocking the view of others.

Haymaker
16-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Whilst we’re being fishwives and moaning about behaviour that doesn’t affect us, what’s with folk folding a pizza in half to eat it? Weirdos.

You get a pizza slice where I live and you have to fold that **** in half

Allant1981
16-02-2019, 05:14 PM
The worst are those who stand on the stairway for the last 5 minutes blocking the view of others.

I sit in the middle of the row so it doesn't bother me, if someone's view is being blocked then yip that will be annoying but that's a different conversation

Jim44
16-02-2019, 05:18 PM
To be honest, leaving early has existed as long as I can remember, 65 years. It would be great if everybody stayed to applaud a result, but it’s not going to happen, so get over it.

Albanian Hibs
16-02-2019, 05:20 PM

Who cares? Everyone has their reasons, including myself.

percy veer
16-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Hope that helps

macaroni?

Albanian Hibs
16-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Another thing is what's with everyone chomping on chewing gum all game? Their jaws must be aching by the end. Unnecessary noise and effort 😖

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:24 PM

I don't like some people's technique for getting the card reader to read their season ticket, the manager wears his sweaters too tight and people who move their knees to one side instead of standing up to let others leave inconsiderately early are just idiots.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 05:26 PM
To be honest, leaving early has existed as long as I can remember, 65 years. It would be great if everybody stayed to applaud a result, but it’s not going to happen, so get over it.

It would be great if even half the crowd stayed to applaud the team off the pitch.

Each to their own, I suppose, but what's an extra 15 minutes?

HoboHarry
They are all trying to catch the 4:55 bus to Gorgie. There - happy now?

Onion

Where we sit in the West Stand, it takes 15 mins to get out of the stadium and by that time the roads are jammed. Leave 5 mins early and all that goes away.

hibbydad
16-02-2019, 05:27 PM
fOR 6 YEARS I faced a 220 mile drive home I never once left the stadium early a lot easier now that I am back in Edinburgh

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:27 PM

Disinformation. It was only invented in 1981 during the Bertie Auld years. Before then no-one ever left a Hibs game early. Ever.

Jim44
16-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Disinformation. It was only invented in 1981 during the Bertie Auld years. Before then no-one ever left a Hibs game early. Ever.

I remember my dad, bless his soul, dragging me away early so he could get to the front of the bar for his half and half, while I stood outside the pub. I suppose in this PC world, it would be frowned upon but that’s how it was and never did me any harm.

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Not “everyone”. I stayed. #uberfan

Hibbyradge
16-02-2019, 05:36 PM
I watched the game on TV and I switched off after 82 minutes.

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart.

weecounty hibby
16-02-2019, 05:39 PM
I left as they announced the three minutes of added time. That allowed me to get to the Tesco car park and beat the rush and the traffic. If I had joined the rest leaving my journey back to Alloa would have taken me about 1 hour 20 minutes. As it was I was back in the house for 5:55. Simples, the game was won, it had gotten boring and saved myself at least 20 minutes of time sitting in the car in traffic. Is that all right by you?

wearethehibs
16-02-2019, 05:41 PM
So many people leave early to "beat the traffic", you're actually better staying till the end to get away sharp

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Hope that helps

So they've changed supplier then?

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:44 PM

I hope you walked very, very slowly out of the room after you switched it off. Like you were definitely exiting the room, but somehow at one eighth standard walking speed.

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 05:44 PM
So they've changed supplier then?

😂

Wilson
16-02-2019, 05:46 PM
I hope you walked very, very slowly out of the room after you switched it off. Like you were definitely exiting the room, but somehow at one eighth standard walking speed.

Perhaps next time he can invite someone random into his house to shout "Where the **** are you going?" at him.

Leith Green
16-02-2019, 05:48 PM
So many people leave early to "beat the traffic", you're actually better staying till the end to get away sharp

Probably for the same reason as fans of other clubs around the world. Some people want to just nitpick at absolutely anything. Rubbish thread

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 05:49 PM
It also does my head in when people stand up and start milling about at halftime. Unless you need to go to the toilet, or purchase something from the caterers, you should stay in your seat throughout the interval. It's only 20 mins FFS :grr:

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 05:49 PM

You're not really.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Perhaps next time he can invite someone random into his house to shout "Where the **** are you going?" at him.

Do we think Mrs Radge isn't already doing that job well enough?

Brightside
16-02-2019, 05:51 PM
What traffic are they beating?!?

brianmc
16-02-2019, 05:52 PM

I'm intrigued - please explain how this works.

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2019, 05:56 PM

if you're at the back of a queue you get out first, terry butcher told me

or something like that

wearethehibs
16-02-2019, 05:57 PM

Everyone leaves before you so by the time you leave there is no traffic. Quite simple really.

It was also just a wee joke

gazzag70
16-02-2019, 06:00 PM
I don’t normally leave early but the quality of football even though we won(Happy about that) was terrible. We have been a good watch for 3 or 4 years. It just takes readjustment to watch this dire football. I think the standard of footballer we have brought in allied to the ageing of our defence is making us a hard watch. Fingers crossed the new manager can improve us. As much as I liked Lennon he has left us at a time when a major rebuild is required. We miss Martin Boyle and I can’t wait to see Scotty Allan again. GGTTH!

Hibeesmad
16-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Lot of people biting on this thread

Eyrie
16-02-2019, 06:03 PM
What traffic are they beating?!?

Presumably the queues of cars full of people who left early.

I leave at the final whistle and there are always queues. I think the only way to avoid them is to leave fifteen minutes early. For the sake of three or four minutes I'd rather support my team.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:06 PM
if you're at the back of a queue you get out first, terry butcher told me

or something like that

:agree: If you don't leave early it removes the fear of being caught in the jam because you know you'll definitely be caught in the jam.

brianmc
16-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Everyone leaves before you so by the time you leave there is no traffic. Quite simple really.

It was also just a wee joke

Really?
Well a full hour after the last home game (where I'd stayed to the end) I was sitting stationary traffic less than a mile from the Stadium - with a further 18miles to go to home...... Not really how I like to spend my Saturday nights, thanks.
Today when the final whistle went I was almost at the bottom of the stairs in the East. Home in Livingston by 6pm.

CmoantheHibs
16-02-2019, 06:11 PM

I noticed a boy doing this today too and thought it weird. Can only imagine it's the Calzone addicts in our fanbase.They can't get the real thing so improvise to get their fix.Not sure what time he left the game though.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2019, 06:13 PM
If I've driven up and not staying over, I'm in the wait for the crowds to go camp. Having driven for 3.5 hours to get there, I'll be b******d if I'm missing a single minute. I go for a coffee grab some snacky stuff for the journey home and study the match programme. Still be home for MOTD

Seriously though who is anyone else to comment on what people do with their time or match day experience.

adhibs
16-02-2019, 06:15 PM
I left early, and never normally do. I was comply bored and when the 3 minute board came up I was out of there. Don't blame those who were before me at all

Good to get the win regardless, hopefully the performances pick up when heckingbottom gets time to influence the team.

Golden Bear
16-02-2019, 06:16 PM
I needed a wee wee and missed the last minute. I'll ask permission the next time.

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Presumably the queues of cars full of people who left early.

I leave at the final whistle and there are always queues. I think the only way to avoid them is to leave fifteen minutes early. For the sake of three or four minutes I'd rather support my team.

I actually hate Hibs, that’s why I pay £360 for a season ticket and leave 2 minutes early to beat the traffic. They can GTF, mon the Hearts. 😳 I meant 😂👍

Sean1875
16-02-2019, 06:17 PM
I left early to head to the ticket office to collect my tickets for the Dundee game next week - for some reason the ticket office was shut after the game and now my mate is needing to go down to the stadium on his day off to collect them. The lassie who shrugged when looking through the ticket office blinds after someone asked how we were meant to get our tickets if we work during the week wasn’t much use either.

Any idea why it was closed today? Meant to be open for 30 mins after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisski33
16-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Just to wind you up and make you start a thread on here!

Sean1875
16-02-2019, 06:18 PM

H18 SFR
16-02-2019, 06:19 PM
I occasionally leave on 87 mins but I've a 90 mile drive home.

The Modfather
16-02-2019, 06:19 PM
I’m still in my seat now waiting for elevengoats to tell me when I can leave

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I left early to head to the ticket office to collect my tickets for the Dundee game next week - for some reason the ticket office was shut after the game and now my mate is needing to go down to the stadium on his day off to collect them. The lassie who shrugged when looking through the ticket office blinds after someone asked how we were meant to get our tickets if we work during the week wasn’t much use either.

Any idea why it was closed today? Meant to be open for 30 mins after the game.

I think they left early to beat the traffic. 😊

Sean1875
16-02-2019, 06:25 PM
I think they left early to beat the traffic. [emoji4]

:faf: fair play, I was asking for a response like that!

Hibeesmad
16-02-2019, 06:25 PM
I think they left early to beat the traffic. 😊

😂😂😂

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 06:30 PM

:tee hee:

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 06:32 PM
I needed a wee wee and missed the last minute. I'll ask permission the next time.

Must have been a big queue at the toilets, cos 10,000 people left before the end to do a wee wee.

:wink:

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Must have been a big queue at the toilets, cos 10,000 people left before the end to do a wee wee.

At least they weren’t *****ting themselves as is normal most weeks 😂

HappyAsHellas
16-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Folding a pizza in half is nothing - people in the west hospitality eat their half time pies with a spoon - FACT

pacoluna
16-02-2019, 06:41 PM
It also does my head in when people stand up and start milling about at halftime. Unless you need to go to the toilet, or purchase something from the caterers, you should stay in your seat throughout the interval. It's only 20 mins FFS :grr:

I like to stretch my legs.

brianmc
16-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Folding a pizza in half is nothing - people in the west hospitality eat their half time pies with a spoon - FACT

I thought a spoon was for burning?
You get some right weirdos in the posh seats it would seem 🤔

McD
16-02-2019, 06:43 PM

:agree: Me too

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 06:46 PM
You people must be a barrel of laughs at the Cinema. Half the audience leaving ten minutes before the end of the film to beat the traffic.

Glory Lurker
16-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Because i’m a real Hibs fan I don’t ever leave. I hide in the toilets at full time and spend the week ducking and diving in the concourse, feeding off dropped chips and pie crust, and drinking water from the toilet taps. Sometimes my luck’s in and i’ll catch a seagull and have a feast. Personal hygiene is admittedly a problem, but i’ll go home for a bath when the season’s finished.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Because i’m a real Hibs fan I don’t ever leave. I hide in the toilets at full time and spend the week ducking and diving in the concourse, feeding off dropped chips and pie crust, and drinking water from the toilet taps. Sometimes my luck’s in and i’ll catch a seagull and have a feast. Personal hygiene is admittedly a problem, but i’ll go home for a bath when the season’s finished.

Ah well, at least we know where the Seagulls have all gone

Carheenlea
16-02-2019, 06:48 PM
We all know the reasons as they are the same ones given every time threads like these crop up. It doesn’t particularly bother me and had to leave on 83 minutes last week myself to get down the road in time to make a golf tee off time, but given the occasion I thought more would have stayed today out of courtesy to our new manager and to cheer him and the team for a winning start and enjoy the win together.

weecounty hibby
16-02-2019, 06:50 PM
You people must be a barrel of laughs at the Cinema. Half the audience leaving ten minutes before the end of the film to beat the traffic.

I've never been to a cinema that had somewhere between 13000 and 20000 people leaving at the same time. Also the cinema is about 15 minutes away for me and not over an hour away like ER. Why does it bother folk that sometimes I leave early, don't do it all the time but today I did and save myself 20 minutes plus of siting in traffic. Or is this another of these subtle Uber fan threads?

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 06:51 PM

If I was in charge I'd take your season book off you faster than you could say Thierry Gatthuessi.

HibeeMackenzie
16-02-2019, 06:54 PM
No problem with folk leaving early if they actually leave, in the east stand people are standing all the way down the stairs for at least the last 5 minutes making no attempt to move

AZhibee
16-02-2019, 06:55 PM
I didn’t log off of HibsTV until the full time whistle. Though I will admit I have gotten in the shower before full time before, laptop still broadcasting the game of course.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 06:56 PM
I've never been to a cinema that had somewhere between 13000 and 20000 people leaving at the same time. Also the cinema is about 15 minutes away for me and not over an hour away like ER. Why does it bother folk that sometimes I leave early, don't do it all the time but today I did and save myself 20 minutes plus of siting in traffic. Or is this another of these subtle Uber fan threads?

Firstly, it was actually just a joke... but I'm now intrigued. What exactly did you do with this 15 minutes you managed to save off your journey?

I presume this 15 minutes was absolutely vital to the rest of your evening and you punched the air in delight when you looked at the clock when you arrived home?

If you left at half-time, think of all the time you'd have to perform all these essential activities that you currently squeeze into fifteen minutes.

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 07:03 PM
It’s true everyone can do what they like... but how bad does it look? Sure it doesn’t help the team and I don’t see it at other grounds... not to this extent. It doesn’t even seem to matter what the score is.

It’s true what folk say... if you want out quicker you’d be better waiting till the end these days.

It’s a fair question by the OP based on how blatantly obvious it looks but the early leavers don’t half get their knickers in a twist when it gets raised!

weecounty hibby
16-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Firstly, it was actually just a joke... but I'm now intrigued. What exactly did you do with this 15 minutes you managed to save off your journey?

I presume this 15 minutes was absolutely vital to the rest of your evening and you punched the air in delight when you looked at the clock when you arrived home?

If you left at half-time, think of all the time you'd have to perform all these essential activities that you currently squeeze into fifteen minutes.

Got in the door much earlier than usual, it was actually at least 20 minutes. Made love to my wife and with the remaining 18 minutes logged on to .net to discuss the football. Only to see that now we have a new head coach and we actually won folk had **** all else to moan about except some others leaving a bit early.
It may seem like it's not a big deal but when the usual time getting home is between 6:20 and 6:30 it can make a big difference to the rest of your night to get home a bit earlier. As I said we don't always leave early but today we did.

Albanian Hibs
16-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Stayed til the end of the Aberdeen game and I didn't get back to my sister's in bonnyrigg until 6.05pm (took me 10 mins from moredun to bonnyrigg btw). Was stuck in Bethlehem way until nearly half past 5. Today i left with 5 mins to go today and was back in my mum's house at moredun by 5pm

Nakedmanoncrack
16-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Hopefully you put that valuable 20 mins gained to good use.

I can understand leaving early for a specific reason, I've left very early sometimes - just after HT at one game this season, but just leaving early to get an extra few mins sitting in the house doesn't seem very logical.
We could after all just stay at home and avoid the whole inconvenience of going to the game altogether.

But of course it's up to the individual, when they choose to leave.

Lancs Harp
16-02-2019, 07:06 PM

Man up fella, in the good old days you just rolled a newspaper up and peed where you stood.

Carheenlea
16-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Hopefully you put that valuable 20 mins gained to good use.

I can understand leaving early for a specific reason, I've left very early sometimes - just after HT at one game this season, but just leaving early to get an extra few mins sitting in the house doesn't seem very logical.
We could after all just stay at home and avoid the whole inconvenience of going to the game altogether.

But of course it's up to the individual, when they choose to leave.

:hilarious

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2019, 07:09 PM
I left Easter road a week early, wasn’t there today.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Got in the door much earlier than usual, it was actually at least 20 minutes. Made love to my wife and with the remaining 18 minutes logged on to .net to discuss the football. Only to see that now we have a new head coach and we actually won folk had **** all else to moan about except some others leaving a bit early.
It may seem like it's not a big deal but when the usual time getting home is between 6:20 and 6:30 it can make a big difference to the rest of your night to get home a bit earlier. As I said we don't always leave early but today we did.

Glad you enjoyed your two minutes of fun

I got home at 6:45 and the missus now has a headache.

JimboHibs
16-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Hindsight's wonderful i wish i had left early after being 4-2 up at Tynie.

brianmc
16-02-2019, 07:26 PM

It's been a while since I was at the cinema - but I'm fairly sure there weren't over 16,000 in attendance...

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2019, 07:44 PM
really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle. :confused:

and!

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 07:47 PM
:agree: Me too

And me, but he doesn't like me doing it.

Antifa Hibs
16-02-2019, 08:19 PM
People pretend to have busy lives. Why stay to the end and applaud the team when you can be home and have your face glued to a screen 10 for minutes more that evening? Weird behaviour IMO but each to their own and all that.

The proper weird behaviour is people leaving a Hibs match early - so they can catch the full 5.30pm English match on tv. :rolleyes:

Greenfly
16-02-2019, 08:21 PM
I always leave 5 mins early to sell my pegs to the rest of the crowd as they leave

hibby6270
16-02-2019, 08:31 PM

Hope you didn’t do the same on 21/5/16!!
If you did, you missed a hell of a last 12 minutes!! :wink:
But I’d guess you were actually present.:agree::greengrin

BoyledEgg
16-02-2019, 08:34 PM
People pretend to have busy lives. Why stay to the end and applaud the team when you can be home and have your face glued to a screen 10 for minutes more that evening? Weird behaviour IMO but each to their own and all that.

The proper weird behaviour is people leaving a Hibs match early - so they can catch the full 5.30pm English match on tv. :rolleyes:

How’s it weird behaviour? 😂😂😂. It happens at every single stadium in the world. Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until full time. The weird behaviour is by the people who come home from a game of football and glue there face to their phone and make a big deal out of people leaving a game of football early. It’s really not a big deal 👍🏻

Pretty Boy
16-02-2019, 08:41 PM
I had something on at half 5. It was either leave early or not go at all; I'll remember to get permission in future.

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 08:56 PM

Everyone leaves before full time yet the stadium is half empty at the final whistle?

How does that work?

GTMRossaK3
16-02-2019, 08:59 PM

I grew up in the West Highlands and have supported Hibs since 1954 when I was 4 years old. Went to university in Edinburgh so I could go to see them and have lived there ever since. Over these years I have witnessed some huge highs and huge lows but have never, ever not given 100% support to the club, board, manager, players, etc. I am very proud to say I have never left Easter Road before the final whistle. Sadly, it must be a negative effect on the players to see this happen. Support is 100% and 90 minutes!

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2019, 09:07 PM
It is a nightmare of a stadium to get out of.

Should’ve moved to Straiton.

CmoantheHibs
16-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Personally think it's up to the individual when they leave. Better they don't loiter and block other people's view though.

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 09:18 PM
How’s it weird behaviour? 😂😂😂. It happens at every single stadium in the world. Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until full time. The weird behaviour is by the people who come home from a game of football and glue there face to their phone and make a big deal out of people leaving a game of football early. It’s really not a big deal 👍🏻

Name another stadium that is as empty as ours at 85 minutes...?

matty_f
16-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Hindsight's wonderful i wish i had left early after being 4-2 up at Tynie.

Or 2 down, eh?

brianmc
16-02-2019, 09:21 PM
The sooner we're back to being ***** again then hopefully these entitled 'look at me' ********s scuttle away back to where they were previously - before they elected themselves the moral superiors to the rest of us.

brianmc
16-02-2019, 09:22 PM

Camp Nou, Barcelona.
Easy.
Ask me a difficult one.

brianmc
16-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Closer to home - I now know without a doubt you've never been to Ibrox.

#notüberfan

Lancs Harp
16-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Camp Nou, Barcelona.
Easy.
Ask me a difficult one.

Not to mention most grounds in the EPL especially Arsenal. City, Spurs at Wembley.

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Camp Nou, Barcelona.
Easy.
Ask me a difficult one.
I’ve been there several times and would disagree.

Gaffer1875
16-02-2019, 09:28 PM
I left on 88 mins with my daughter as the game was done and getting out of Loch end is brutal after the final whistle. It can be the difference of 40 mins then a drive back to Glasgow with plans in the evening, I was always leaving a few mins early. I actually saw a crowd leave after 70 mins or so, doesn’t bother me too much.

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Closer to home - I now know without a doubt you've never been to Ibrox.

#notüberfan

That’s the closest one I’d say.

It’s really not an Uber fan debate. People get so tetchy. It’s just noticeable that a very high percentage of folk leave ER early and some people wonder why.

Mr Grieves
16-02-2019, 09:36 PM
I dinnae understand the folk that obsess over why folk aren't going to a game/people leaving as they please/how empty a particular stand is etc - it has no impact on you and it's none of your ****ing business

brianmc
16-02-2019, 09:54 PM
I’ve been there several times and would disagree.

I've also been there several times and would disagree with your disagreement!!

Did you watch the Valladolid game tonight??

J-C
16-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Winning 2-0 and game almost over, some people have buses or trains to catch, myself I left to get back in my taxi to go back to work before the crowds come out so I can get away from Lochend Rd sharpish.

Eyrie
16-02-2019, 10:41 PM
I dinnae understand the folk that obsess over why folk aren't going to a game/people leaving as they please/how empty a particular stand is etc - it has no impact on you and it's none of your ****ing business

It does when they are blocking the view of the pitch for those of us who are still supporting the team, and its even worse when it's the selfish idiots who don't actually leave but dawdle on the stairways instead.

I can understand leaving early if someone has something to get to, but at least do so quickly.

Haymaker
16-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Not to mention most grounds in the EPL especially Arsenal. City, Spurs at Wembley.

To be fair to Spurs (never thought I'd say that) it's a complete ******* to get out of Wembley.

hibsmad
16-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Each to their own and it doesn’t bother me too much.

I have to say though that I do usually have a wee grimace when the announcer calls out the added time and there’s the rallying call of “let’s get right behind the Hibees!”

While at the same time there are fans piling out the stadium.

DTS
16-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Really?
Well a full hour after the last home game (where I'd stayed to the end) I was sitting stationary traffic less than a mile from the Stadium - with a further 18miles to go to home...... Not really how I like to spend my Saturday nights, thanks.
Today when the final whistle went I was almost at the bottom of the stairs in the East. Home in Livingston by 6pm.

I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game

SON OF PADDY
16-02-2019, 11:47 PM

Correct Answer "grips ma ****" every time.😡

JimboHibs
17-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Or 2 down, eh?

Touché.

tonyrougier123
17-02-2019, 01:54 AM
When we beat hamilton 6 nil,I remember a guy going down the stairs saying that should have been 6 or 7 at 4 nil.two late goals he was spot on, he didny see them though 😂

Bleeds green
17-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Was in row ff in east (very top) with my 72 year old Granda who has a sore knee, we didn’t realise when bought tickets where they would be, so wi cupl mins to go decided to get down to avoid the mass stampede getting down at full time. A wee example that a lot of folk don’t just ‘leave early’ for the sake of it

Bleeds green
17-02-2019, 08:16 AM
I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game

The traffic after the Aberdeen game was brutal various diversions in place I also sat in traffic stationery for almost an hour. Good for you that u got home for 5.50 though eh must have been my own fault that I wasn’t 👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Yesterday we have a dot count thread that had a pop at fans for not going and now today it is one for the fans who did go but left before the end? If you can only go now and again and you have to leave sharp, I would keep quiet.

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Yesterday we have a dot count thread that had a pop at fans for not going and now today it is one for the fans who did go but left before the end? If you can only go now and again and you have to leave sharp, I would keep quiet.

I'm now wondering what the next question will be. Last week we had 'where were you?' and now 'why leave early?'

Keith_M
17-02-2019, 08:39 AM
I'm now wondering what the next question will be. Last week we had 'where were you?' and now 'why leave early?'

Maybe it'll be...

Why bother turning up if you're going to sit there with your mouth shut for 75 minutes, then leave to beat the traffic while the players try to celebrate a morale-boosting win with the new Head Coach in front of a nearly empty stadium, but look up at all the empty seats and realise that beating the traffic is more important to most of the 'supporters'.

Obviously, just a thought, no criticism intended, everybody has more important things to do, etc.

Brightside
17-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Camp Nou, Barcelona.
Easy.
Ask me a difficult one.

Nonsense. I was there last month. A fair few thousand left before the whistle but they other 70k stayed to applaud their team. There is not major traffic issue at Easter road. If people are leaving early its simply because they want to. That’s up to them. It’s not something I ever understand. But it’s their choice.

hibsbollah
17-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Me too.
I wasn't being serious:aok:

JohnM1875
17-02-2019, 08:55 AM

Left on 90 minutes. Nothing to do with traffic. Wanted a seat at in the pub. Got one as well! Worth it

Scottie
17-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Deary me what a **** thread. Pay your money your choice when to leave. :blah:

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Aye but don't block other people's view. Keep on moving.

Diclonius
17-02-2019, 09:04 AM
I always start to head very slowly for the exit around a minute before the end of added time, and sit in some empty seats next to the exit. Then I dash off the minute the FT whistle goes.

Get to see the whole game and get out fairly quickly. Best of both worlds. :aok:

Just Alf
17-02-2019, 09:06 AM
I like to get to work on time, rather leave early than not be there at all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Or where you park.

I found that parking a couple of streets further away may mean an extra couple of minutes walk but ten minutes less in traffic.

Keith_M
17-02-2019, 09:42 AM
I like to get to work on time, rather leave early than not be there at all

You have your priorities all wrong.

Forza Fred
17-02-2019, 09:44 AM

When a regular in the early 70s when we did leave early it was to ensure we didn’tget Caught in the tidal wave queue at the Hibs club so we could get a pint and a seat.

Imagine there are a few who still do the same today.

Gettin' Auld
17-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Why do so many people grossly exaggerate?

If 'everyone' left, how could the stadium be only 'half-empty' at the end?

HibeeHibernian4
17-02-2019, 09:50 AM
I’d be a fan of pubs not re-opening their doors until 5pm when Hibs are playing at home on a Saturday. Fans are ‘rewarded’ for leaving early with a seat in the boozer.

Keith_M
17-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Why do so many people grossly exaggerate?

If 'everyone' left, how could the stadium be only 'half-empty' at the end?

Yeah, especially since it was already half empty during the game. That would mean nobody had left before the end. :wink:

I’d be a fan of pubs not re-opening their doors until 5pm when Hibs are playing at home on a Saturday. Fans are ‘rewarded’ for leaving early with a seat in the boozer.

Then they'd just leave early to get a good place in the Queue to get in

Gettin' Auld
17-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Yeah, especially since it was already half empty during the game. That would mean nobody had left before the end. :wink:

Ha Ha. :thumbsup:

RossScott1991
17-02-2019, 01:38 PM
I left on 86th min to get a jump on traffic as had a night out to make.

Leaving 3mins before final whistle saves 30mins of traffic if it’s a comfortable game I tend to take that option, but if it’s tight then i stay til the end

Shrekko
17-02-2019, 01:40 PM

I dont think fans are actually being criticised for leaving early or anyone is taking a superior attitude or mentioning people ‘not being real fans’ or whatever ... all it is is someone asking why it’s so hugely noticeable at ER compared to other grounds. It’s only actually the early leavers who are getting their knickers in a twist.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want... it’s just pretty grim looking. A lot of folk are saying there are reasons, and a lot are saying it’s just personal choice - fine.

Albanian Hibs
17-02-2019, 01:44 PM

The way we drive?? 🤣🤣🤣 heard it all now

Liam978
17-02-2019, 02:02 PM

Surely a few more minutes wouldn't make too much difference in support of your team. Yesterday was the worst I've experienced, very frustrating, as with at least 10 mins to go where I sit in the east you couldn't see the south end goals for people queuing to leave GG2TH.

brianmc
17-02-2019, 02:05 PM

Where do you park?

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:06 PM

If someone is taking 10-20 minutes longer to get to the same town having left from the same destination a few minutes earlier then yes I would suggest it is completely down to the route they take home. My original post I made it clear it’s each to their own if they want to leave early but some excuses are exactly that. If you want to leave, then leave don’t make up stupid excuses

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Where do you park?

I park at Lochend Gardens, just opposite the 7 a-side football park

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:12 PM
The traffic after the Aberdeen game was brutal various diversions in place I also sat in traffic stationery for almost an hour. Good for you that u got home for 5.50 though eh must have been my own fault that I wasn’t 👍

I don’t think I said it was your fault? All I said is that it may well be down to the route you take home. Also if the diversions were that bad and held you up that long then 3/4 mins longer in the ground wouldn’t have made a difference anyway

Albanian Hibs
17-02-2019, 02:19 PM
I don’t think I said it was your fault? All I said is that it may well be down to the route you take home. Also if the diversions were that bad and held you up that long then 3/4 mins longer in the ground wouldn’t have made a difference anyway

I have taken the same route home for the last 20 years or so. Its the amount of time it takes to get out of the stadium is a joke. I have no patience to still be standing in the stadium 15 mins after the final whistle so I leave a couple mins early. Why do you care so much?

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:21 PM
I have taken the same route home for the last 20 years or so. Its the amount of time it takes to get out of the stadium is a joke. I have no patience to still be standing in the stadium 15 mins after the final whistle so I leave a couple mins early. Why do you care so much?

So I mean I replied to a guy who was speaking about the length of time it takes him to get back to the same town as me and you’ve just hoped on in looking for an arguement, go take your dog or something for a walk you’ll get more a bark out of them🙂

Albanian Hibs
17-02-2019, 02:26 PM
So I mean I replied to a guy who was speaking about the length of time it takes him to get back to the same town as me and you’ve just hoped on in looking for an arguement, go take your dog or something for a walk you’ll get more a bark out of them🙂

Didn't realise you both stayed in the same town? Even if you do then so what? He wants to leave early, you don't. Get over it. Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a dog.

hibbiedon
17-02-2019, 02:29 PM
I stay till the end to avoid the crowds leaving early

brianmc
17-02-2019, 02:34 PM
I park at Lochend Gardens, just opposite the 7 a-side football park

Interesting. I've never tried parking round that side of the ground....
The only place I've found guaranteed spaces is in the Tesco at the foot of Easter Road. Might try round that way next time.

FYI though my seat is in the back row of the East. For the bigger games it can take up to 20 minutes after the final whistle to reach the bottom of the stairs. By which time the North, West and FF stands have all long since emptied. In fact around the time you're getting into your car, and the stewards at the stadium are doing their post match security sweep of those other 3 stands I'm generally only half way down the stairs....

For a game like yesterday when there's 3 minutes of injury time indicated, I generally make a move onto the stairway on 91½ minutes.

So, until such time Hibs install exits from the upper rear of the East (unlikely) , then I'll continue to do so. And the people on here who want to moan about it can do so as much as they like.

Let's face it some folk will always find stuff to bitch and whine about. They are best ignored.

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Didn't realise you both stayed in the same town? Even if you do then so what? He wants to leave early, you don't. Get over it. Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a dog.

You didn’t realise? That’s fine, maybe you should’ve read the other posts. I didn’t tell him not to leave earlier, I merely suggested it may be his route home which as we stay in the same town I could’ve told him the way I go and it may have been something he tried

DTS
17-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Interesting. I've never tried parking round that side of the ground....
The only place I've found guaranteed spaces is in the Tesco at the foot of Easter Road. Might try round that way next time.

FYI though my seat is in the back row of the East. For the bigger games it can take up to 20 minutes after the final whistle to reach the bottom of the stairs. By which time the North, West and FF stands have all long since emptied. In fact around the time you're getting into your car, and the stewards at the stadium are doing their post match security sweep of those other 3 stands I'm generally only half way down the stairs....

For a game like yesterday when there's 3 minutes of injury time indicated, I generally make a move onto the stairway on 91½ minutes.

So, until such time Hibs install exits from the upper rear of the East (unlikely) , then I'll continue to do so. And the people on here who want to moan about it can do so as much as they like.

Let's face it some folk will always find stuff to bitch and whine about. They are best ignored.

Yeah I have always parked at that side of the stadium, I then head down towards the round about at smokey Brae go straight over there only restalrig Ave and join Moira terrace at the Scotmid. Down there to the cross roads at the start of portabello, take a right up on Harry Lauder road, under the train bridge and over Milton road, up the wisp and up to sheriff hall then back to livi. 9/10 in the house for 6pm.

Also I don’t have any issue with people leaving early it was just when a poster said it takes them ages to get back to livi that I thought I may suggest a different route that might help as they obv don’t want to sit in their car on a Saturday any longer than they have to

Hibbyradge
17-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Do we think Mrs Radge isn't already doing that job well enough?

She audibly tutted, shook her head disparagingly and mumbled something about "part timer" and "cup final tickets".

andybev1
17-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Then they'd just leave early to get a good place in the Queue to get in

I thought there was a good attendance for a hamilton game - I could not judge the east stand as that is where I am but thought the rest of the home stands were pretty good - it says 16,000 on flash scores. Maybe a bit exagerated but still...
I think it is better to give the people credit for coming than giving them stick for leaving early.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2019, 03:33 PM
My mate's got the right idea.

He heads to the stadium early, buys a steak pie so he has something to moan about, then leaves when the game kicks off.

I suggested that he could save a bit more time by leaving before kick off, but he just scoffed at that idea.

jellybean
17-02-2019, 03:55 PM
fOR 6 YEARS I faced a 220 mile drive home I never once left the stadium early a lot easier now that I am back in Edinburgh

Where did you live? Sorry just being nosey because I'm 6 hours from ER.

Famous Fiver
17-02-2019, 05:16 PM
When did the seagulls leave?

They're generally on the ball.