PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Heckys Wheel
16-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Switched the radio on when I got into the car after the game and somebody was talking about the Hibs game. He thought Kamberi put in a shift with tackles and movement as well as getting a goal and said he’s back to the form he showed last season.

Thoughts?

Beefster
16-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I thought he worked hard. Nowhere near last season’s form though. Really needs to work on his first touch - ball seems to end up four yards away from him most of the time.

AugustaHibs
16-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Honestly never seen somebody with such a poor first touch. I know he’s capable of better and I also think sometimes his heavy touch is intentional?

elevengoats
16-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Switched the radio on when I got into the car after the game and somebody was talking about the Hibs game. He thought Kamberi put in a shift with tackles and movement as well as getting a goal and said he’s back to the form he showed last season.

Thoughts?

1) Was trying
2) His first touch was quite terrible today and some of the decision making wasn't good
3) Was pushed in the back all the time which didn't help

SChibs
16-02-2019, 06:02 PM
I don't think he was called offside today which is progress

blackpoolhibs
What annoys me with him is the amount of times he's fouled but never gets them, yet he has the slightest touch on his man and he's pulled up and normally booked.

I think he must be totally frustrated with the standard of refereeing in Scotland.

CapitalGreen
Hopefully it won’t take PH long to realise he’s not a target man and is better suited to running the channels as opposed to playing with his back to goal.

Callum_62
16-02-2019, 06:03 PM
First touch lacking although the pitch seemed awfully bobbly today

Put in a real shift though....keeps doing that and itl come good for him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Much improved today but still only 60% of the player he was last season.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:06 PM
What annoys me with him is the amount of times he's fouled but never gets them, yet he has the slightest touch on his man and he's pulled up and normally booked.

I think he must be totally frustrated with the standard of refereeing in Scotland.

Yup, almost every single challenge in every game the defenders either have both hands on him pulling him back or down or alternatively he gets a hefty shove in the back throwing him off balance. Never gets a foul for it. I find it mystifying.

JeMeSouviens
16-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Did he get a touch?

Bobby's Cinema
He is a really frustrating watch atm and has been all of this season. Can't fault his effort though.

I thought there was a noticeable improvement immediately after the pen to HT, buzzing around more, making sure of his touch and laying it off.

Maybe put out not getting the nod to take the pen and worried he's no longer the main man.

Keith_M
1) Was trying
2) His first touch was quite terrible today and some of the decision making wasn't good
3) Was pushed in the back all the time which didn't help

And despite that, the ref continually awarded free kicks against him, then warned Flo about persistent fouling. What an idiot.

TBH, Flo was distinctly average today. I'm not convinced he should be playing every match but we don't currently have a lot of options up front

Forza Fred
Ran his socks off.

Scored one and hit the bar.

The good thing is he CAN improve.

Real Emerald
Honestly never seen somebody with such a poor first touch. I know he’s capable of better and I also think sometimes his heavy touch is intentional?

I’ve never seen a player that’s had a worse first touch. The ball comes off him faster than it arrives, it’s quite unbelievable how he ever managed to become a pro player. Having said that, I can’t remember him being like that last season, totally bizarre 😳

Smartie
16-02-2019, 06:08 PM
I thought he did well.

Good, positive body language for a start.

Got a goal, held the ball up well at times and was generally busy and involved.

He's better for having McNulty up there with him, and with the midfield getting up in support his team-mates did a lot more to help him play well than they have done at times this season.

B.H.F.C
16-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Signs of a partnership with McNulty I thought.

Swedish hibee
16-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Thought that 1st goal Was his.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 06:10 PM

Correct. Unusually for continental forwards, Flo's not great at diving. He's too honest. He needs to watch dvds of Aberdeen players who collapse to the ground at the slightest touch. Then he might get free kicks when he's fouled.

percy veer
16-02-2019, 06:11 PM
I’ve never seen a player that’s had a worse first touch. The ball comes off him faster than it arrives, it’s quite unbelievable how he ever managed to become a pro player. Having said that, I can’t remember him being like that last season, totally bizarre 😳

seriously I know hes had a poor season compared to last but the worst touch you two have ever seen, couldn't have been watching hibs for long.

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 06:14 PM
seriously I know hes had a poor season compared to last but the worst touch you two have ever seen, couldn't have been watching hibs for long.

His first touch sends the ball at least a yard or more away consistently and I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years. I did say it wasn’t like that last season so I know he can do better.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:20 PM
And despite that, the ref continually awarded free kicks against him, then warned Flo about persistent fouling. What an idiot.

TBH, Flo was distinctly average today. I'm not convinced he should be playing every match but we don't currently have a lot of options up front

I saw that and thought it was one of the more ridiculous refereeing episodes I've seen at ER this season. In fact it immediately looked to me more like the referee excusing himself to the crowd for booking Kamberi at that incident by pretending he'd been fouling all over the pitch. Utter cobblers.

Tyler Durden
16-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Thought that was his best game in months. Still had some desperately poor touches but looked sharper than he has in a while.

Very unlucky with the one he took down on his chest in the second half.

Onion
16-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Gave 100% today but is low in confidence. Hopefully PH can get inside his head and bring out the Kamberi of last season.

Eyrie
16-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Definitely looked more confident today.

There's a good player in there if he's given the right encouragement.

The Leith Dutch
16-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Yup, almost every single challenge in every game the defenders either have both hands on him pulling him back or down or alternatively he gets a hefty shove in the back throwing him off balance. Never gets a foul for it. I find it mystifying.

Based on the evidence this season you could almost be forgiven for thinking that shoving a player just before the ball arrives was actually now legitimate as long as the player you're shoving has a Hibs top on.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked by just how often it happens to our players without being called. I can understand how there are bemusing decisions when it's called for either backing in or climbing as there's a degree of interpretation and judgement required but shoving the player before the ball arrives is surely a straightforward foul no?

hibbydad
16-02-2019, 06:33 PM
The confidence has been hammered out of him by Lennon did anyone notice that when he came off he got a big hug from Paul and Flo immediately gave him one back

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2019, 06:33 PM
The confidence has been hammered out of him by Lennon did anyone notice that when he came off he got a big hug from Paul and Flo immediately gave him one back

Awwwww

Aim Here
16-02-2019, 06:35 PM

I noticed vs Raith and in this game, a couple of times when the ball was pinged a long distance to him, he deliberately bounced it to another player, rather than trying to control it himself. I suspect that it's a workaround that's been worked on in training to mitigate the issue.

hibbydad
16-02-2019, 06:36 PM
I am telling the truth Boom town hibby the lad is only 22 already I see better man management from Paul

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Based on the evidence this season you could almost be forgiven for thinking that shoving a player just before the ball arrives was actually now legitimate as long as the player you're shoving has a Hibs top on.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked by just how often it happens to our players without being called. I can understand how there are bemusing decisions when it's called for either backing in or climbing as there's a degree of interpretation and judgement required but shoving the player before the ball arrives is surely a straightforward foul no?

It gets right on my thru'pennies. The other thing marginalising this 56 year old toward cardiac central today was seeing McNulty booked for blocking a quick fee kick by standing deliberately too close. We have been watching almost every visiting team this season do that to us at every free kick with players being not so much as spoken to, never mind booked.

Most of our referees are a toxic mixture of being variously biased, incompetent, inconsistent and corrupt IMHO. And that affects (almost) all teams.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 06:40 PM
I am telling the truth Boom town hibby the lad is only 22 already I see better man management from Paul

Whatever else he is good or bad at I think he will be excellent at getting inside their heads - in a positive way.

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2019, 06:40 PM

I believe you mate. Great man management for someone like Flo, who I think is the arm around the shoulder type rather than what went before

Alex Trager
16-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Agree with this 100%.

His first touch is really poor at the minute however

Unseen work
16-02-2019, 06:44 PM
I think this season Flo has been too focussed on wrestling with his defenders and showing his Stength.

Think he should try get a yard away from them and play from there.

Not seen it but if he’s got the slightest touch on it give it to him, he needs the confidence.

Brilliant to see McNulty score again, hopefully he can keep building in this.

CmoantheHibs
16-02-2019, 06:44 PM
I thought he worked hard. Nowhere near last season’s form though. Really needs to work on his first touch - ball seems to end up four yards away from him most of the time.

That's pretty much how I seen it too. He does get fouled a lot without them being awarded by the refs though. Pisses him off no end and gets frustrated by it which is understandable.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-02-2019, 06:46 PM

100%

He seems to have a reputation with refs that would be better suited to Morelos

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 06:49 PM
That's pretty much how I seen it too. He does get fouled a lot without them being awarded by the refs though. Pisses him off no end and gets frustrated by it which is understandable.

I also think he needs to jump to show he’s trying to win the ball rather than constantly backing in. If he did that he would probably be awarded more free kicks when he’s getting pushed in the back. Maybe the new manager will be able to help with his tactical play?

The Leith Dutch
16-02-2019, 06:52 PM
It gets right on my thru'pennies. The other thing marginalising this 56 year old toward cardiac central today was seeing McNulty booked for blocking a quick fee kick by standing deliberately too close. We have been watching almost every visiting team this season do that to us at every free kick with players being not so much as spoken to, never mind booked.

Most of our referees are a toxic mixture of being variously biased, incompetent, inconsistent and corrupt IMHO. And that affects (almost) all teams.

:agree:

I nearly lost my **** at that one. Wasn't it their number 6 who was then smirking behind the refs back at how easily he'd conned him?

Hibi
16-02-2019, 07:06 PM
I think this season Flo has been too focussed on wrestling with his defenders and showing his Stength.

Think he should try get a yard away from them and play from there.

Not seen it but if he’s got the slightest touch on it give it to him, he needs the confidence.

Brilliant to see McNulty score again, hopefully he can keep building in this.

Our play this season has contributed a lot to this as well though. We’re a totally different outfit from last season. He is having to play with his back to goal a lot of the time as an out ball, rather than last season when we were dominating possession and he was getting great through balls and service from midfield.

Hi Heid Yin
16-02-2019, 07:18 PM

:rolleyes:

matty_f
16-02-2019, 07:20 PM

I said that today - he gets nothing from refs.

I thought Flo had a good game today, he worked hard and I'm enjoying watching the partnership with McNulty develop.

RyeSloan
16-02-2019, 07:27 PM
I also think he needs to jump to show he’s trying to win the ball rather than constantly backing in. If he did that he would probably be awarded more free kicks when he’s getting pushed in the back. Maybe the new manager will be able to help with his tactical play?

Thought Flo did well in spells and showed on occasion the player from last season.

The backing in thing is a bit odd though...sure it’s required sometimes but others he just needs to either jump or just focus on the ball.

There was one occasion second half where he was so busy backing in he went right past the defender and fell over, made me laugh at least [emoji23]

wookie70
16-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Thought he played well today and worked very hard. His confidence seems to be returning but not there quite yet. I really liked the round of applause the crowd gave him when he was subbed. That was some much needed love going his way and I think he will turn the corner especially now we are looking to play a bit more football.

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Thought he played well today and worked very hard. His confidence seems to be returning but not there quite yet. I really liked the round of applause the crowd gave him when he was subbed. That was some much needed love going his way and I think he will turn the corner especially now we are looking to play a bit more football.Yeah he responded to it as well nice touch from.the crowd...we all know there is a player in there. Feel sorry for Flo...he's been a frustrating watch at times this season granted but he realty has been kicked when feeling down and it's obviously badly affected his confidence. Hopefully onwards and upwards for him under PH

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Hopefully it won’t take PH long to realise he’s not a target man and is better suited to running the channels as opposed to playing with his back to goal.

This 100%

thebakerboy
16-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Think he has lost a bit of confidence and is now trying too hard , he needs to relax and enjoy his football again.Hopefully Paul will enable this.

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Think he has lost a bit of confidence and is now trying too hard , he needs to relax and enjoy his football again.Hopefully Paul will enable this.

Think that’s a fair assessment. How I would describe him is frustrating, at times he’s like a snooker cusion and at time he doesn’t look like he knows what he’s doing with the ball. I actually think he’s better when picking the ball up in wide area specifically the left when he can run at players. Really like him and want him to do well. As had been said relax and enjoy your football

Shrekko
16-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I’m a critic of how he’s played this season - he’s been very poor for someone of his ability.

I think his recent hard work is starting to pay off though and he was excellent in the 2nd half- he started to do things he was doing last year without thinking too much. Having a strike partner has also helped.

Boyle89
16-02-2019, 09:19 PM
If there was a stat for the amount of times players were fouled but they werent given, flo would be top be miles! Its gone past being ridiculous now.

FitbaFolkKen
16-02-2019, 09:23 PM

That was one of his strengths last season, he was drawing fouls in dangerous areas. I thought with Mallan on dead balls and Kamberi drawing fouls that would be a fantastic combination however Kamberi just doesn't seem to get the free kicks any more.

GloryGlory
16-02-2019, 09:31 PM

ISTR Chris Sutton built his Celtic career doing just that and nearly always got a free kick for it!

Mr Grieves
16-02-2019, 10:44 PM

Agree. This was doing my nut in, the Hamilton defenders were getting away with wrestling moves on Flo and Mcnulty

Real Emerald
16-02-2019, 10:47 PM
ISTR Chris Sutton built his Celtic career doing just that and nearly always got a free kick for it!

Not only that but he usually fouled the defender and still managed to get a free kick. Unfortunately we don’t get the breaks that Celtic get 😕

Smartie
16-02-2019, 10:53 PM
This was what I was meaning when I said we need to be far more streetwise against especially Aberdeen but against all sides.

I don't think we can just moan and play the victim, we need to do more to get these decisions.

southern hibby
17-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Really think he is a confidence player and at the moment I believe he has had his confidence really shattered with all that’s happened lately. Also think he is missing SA and we will see a totally different player next season. However first touch really needs to be worked on.

GGTTH

gillythehibby
17-02-2019, 09:03 AM
That'll be because he wasn't under a constant microscope last season. This obsession woth Kamberi is becoming boring.

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2019, 09:18 AM

Agree with this, the number of times opposition had two hands on his back yesterday, and he never got the fouls.

He looks frustrated yes, think he shows a little petulance at times, when things don't come off. There is a player in there, his work rate is better, coming deep for ball etc. Hope Heckingbottom can get the best out of him.

we are hibs
17-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Done well considering there were absolute clowns in the crowd getting on his back after 3 minutes.

Weegreenman
17-02-2019, 09:57 AM
He’s lost all confidence in my opinion. It’s really important he does the simple thing when he gets possession and not try and be too clever. We all know there’s a player in there somewhere but it’s going to take time to rebuild that confidence he lost due to Lennon publicly slating him.

Crammond Hibee
17-02-2019, 10:26 AM
This 100%
I also agree 100%
But I think he is a support striker not a main one

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Agree with this, the number of times opposition had two hands on his back yesterday, and he never got the fouls.

He looks frustrated yes, think he shows a little petulance at times, when things don't come off. There is a player in there, his work rate is better, coming deep for ball etc. Hope Heckingbottom can get the best out of him.
He had made 3 fouls by half time. I don't think they were all free kicks.Half way through the second half a decision was made against him and he stoated the ball off the ground with both hands. I think he was a lucky man that the ref took no further action against him.Cool your jets Flo you cannae score wee goals if your not on the pitch.

Eyrie
17-02-2019, 11:01 AM
That'll be because he wasn't under a constant microscope last season. This obsession woth Kamberi is becoming boring.

Fueled by comments from the previous management team.

He looks to be a confidence player who if put under pressure will struggle but if given the right encouragement will perform well.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Refs definitely have it in for him and think us not getting these fouls coincided with us having a player who can score a free kick. :greengrin

Honestly cant remember Mallan having a free kick within goal distance for ages.

Disc O'Dave
17-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Refs definitely have it in for him and think us not getting these fouls coincided with us having a player who can score a free kick. :greengrin

Honestly cant remember Mallan having a free kick within goal distance for ages.

Said the very same thing at the game yesterday.....it's been ages since there's been a free kick awarded in the "Mallan zone" - it's not like play isn't going through there....

hibs69
17-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Due to work commitments / location , couldn’t renew season ticket, and managed to get ticket for south stand, row P.
Looked to me that Horgans Cross went straight in. No touch from Kamberi.
But, due at specsavers in the morning at 9:30am. Should take that effin referee with me.

Silky
17-02-2019, 12:32 PM

It's shocking and happens every week. He gets nothing. I actually think that SDG needs to have his back constantly. He's the captain, he should be on the ref' s case every time questioning them, asking why no foul, asling why Kamberi is being booked when others aren't. Shinnie at Aberdeen does it, Brown does it. We're sometimes too soft at that side of things.

Shrekko
17-02-2019, 02:33 PM
It's shocking and happens every week. He gets nothing. I actually think that SDG needs to have his back constantly. He's the captain, he should be on the ref' s case every time questioning them, asking why no foul, asling why Kamberi is being booked when others aren't. Shinnie at Aberdeen does it, Brown does it. We're sometimes too soft at that side of things.

I thank my lucky stars every week we have a class act like SDG wearing the arm-band and not having to watch the histrionics of someone like Shinnie or Brown.

I’m sure he lets the refs know when our players aren’t being protected. I agree Kamberi isn’t getting much at the moment but you’d think there was a national conspiracy against him involving media, refs and the Scottish fitbaw mafia according to some on here. He keeps playing like he did in the 2nd half yesterday and all will be fine.

Tarrahib
17-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Due to work commitments / location , couldn’t renew season ticket, and managed to get ticket for south stand, row P.
Looked to me that Horgans Cross went straight in. No touch from Kamberi.
But, due at specsavers in the morning at 9:30am. Should take that effin referee with me.
Aye get your eyes tested.

Allant1981
17-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Aye get your eyes tested.

To be fair I thought the same, even seeing the highlights this morning there wasnt much evidence of kamberi touching it

DTS
17-02-2019, 03:01 PM
I thought flo played well yesterday, is starting to link up very well with McNumty, Horgan and Mallan. Plenty nice one touch passing moves yesterday especially start of second half where the ball was expertly worked out to gray and flo was involved in that. He scored yesterday, hit the bar and had one cleared off the line. Re his touch I think he sometimes means to take a “heavy” touch so he gets more space as if he knocks past the incoming defender they’re then off balance. His confidence and performances are improving game by game for me. He looks to be really enjoying playing up with McNulty and hopefully heckingbottom will give him the self confidence he needs, after all he is only 22 and in a forgein country away from his family

Phil MaGlass
17-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Hebwill come good again. If we can get on a wee winning run and he gets the support.relaxes and just focuses he will be all the better for it