PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Hamilton

Pages : 1 [2]

GlesgaeHibby
16-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Slivka was very good today, Some great close control at times. Some overhit passes but I'd rather a player mess up the right option rather than aimlessly hoof it up the park.

Good game from slivka today. Mcgregor and Milligan also played well I thought.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Managers first game, 2-0 up 5 minutes to go and quarter of the support head for the exit.

And 75% disappear before the end of the game.

Cheered off the park by 3,000 fans

green day
16-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Give it a rest. Just enjoy the victory. Last time out at ER, Lennon's team beat Hamilton 6v0.

Hamilton are a very organized team under Brian Rice. Quite impressed by then today.

Good win for us

Smartie
16-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Slivka was very good today, Some great close control at times. Some overhit passes but I'd rather a player mess up the right option rather than aimlessly hoof it up the park.

He was excellent again.

Some very tidy close control coupled with a nice wee burst of pace kept us ticking over in possession.

He was certainly my motm today.

R'Albin
16-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Big improvement today. Thought Milligan, Slivka and Horgan were very good.

Good start for the new gaffer :thumbsup:

Pretty much every time Milligan has played in front of a back four he's been good.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Slivka fan club growing every week I see. Milligan and him looked solid today.

Here’s Lucy!
16-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Comfortable win.

Horgan was excellent.

Good start for Paul.

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2019, 04:38 PM
We were average against a side the last manager managed to put 6 past. He could not have picked an easier game for his debut as manager.

I thought the shape was perhaps a little better, with us actually having a wide man playing wide, although if Boyle and Tampong were fit, we have that anyway.

A wins a win, but an improvement, its way too early to say.

Good luck to the new man, you are going to need it when that inevitable slump comes.

Smartie
16-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Hamilton are a very organized team under Brian Rice. Quite impressed by then today.

Good win for us

I thought they were absolutely garbage apart from the number 11 and Ziggy Gordon.

If we'd been anything like in ruthless form we could have taken 7 or 8 off them.

As it was we were very comfortable if not exactly spectacular.

I'm a bit mixed about this Hibs team. I think we're miles ahead of the poorest teams in the league, probably a bit ahead of the middling teams and a country mile behind the better teams.

Diclonius
16-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Solid win. Slivka very impressive again.

pacoluna
16-02-2019, 04:40 PM
If I was LeeAnn id arrange for a pack of hungry African lions to be released just as the early leavers entered the stadium concourse. That would nip it in the bud:aok:

Not sure but I'm assuming it's due to the east stand not being tiered.

Jim44
16-02-2019, 04:44 PM
We were average against a side the last manager managed to put 6 past. He could not have picked an easier game for his debut as manager.

I thought the shape was perhaps a little better, with us actually having a wide man playing wide, although if Boyle and Tampong were fit, we have that anyway.

Good luck to the new man, you are going to need it when that inevitable slump comes.

That’s the spirit. :greengrin

CMurdoch
16-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Being realistic, a top six place for us, with better quality games to end the season, is a priority. Results that keep teams close to us, behind us is desirable.

Exactly :aok:
A Motherwell win tomorrow would be bad for us.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 04:45 PM

Good start for the new gaffer :thumbsup:

Agreed. The 3 of them were excellent. Slivka being the best player on the park.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 04:46 PM

We struggled to win 1-0 last time we played them.

Not the best display but expecting a big improvement after 3 days in charge is just crazy. Give the guy a chance.

Onion
16-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Slivka, MacGregor, McNulty, Gray - all played well and there whole team had great application for the full 90. Too early to tell how PH will do from this one game but a good start getting the team to apply themselves from the off.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2019, 04:48 PM
That’s the spirit. :greengrin

:greengrin Its never far away Jim.:wink:

CMurdoch
16-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Pretty much every time Milligan has played in front of a back four he's been good.

He has.
Slivka and Milligan are the best passers in the team

Hi Heid Yin
16-02-2019, 04:51 PM
I would say it was an okay performance against inferior opposition.

We failed to really kill off the game with a 3rd goal. 2-0 is not a comfortable lead.

Paul Heckingbottom will find out far more about our players against "better quality" teams between now and the season's end.

A win's a win, so I'm relatively satisfied.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Everyone better today - but Kamberi, Slivka and Milligan particularly so.

Omeonga really has something about him and if he settles to the Scottish game would be a stand out. McNulty is a cracking forward.

If Hoegaardenbeerkeg can get fluidity, shape, press and confidence into this team we will have a lot to look forward to.

JimboHibs
16-02-2019, 04:53 PM
And 75% disappear before the end of the game.

Cheered off the park by 3,000 fans

Better folk turning up & leaving early than not turning up at all... happens all over at stadiums were no exception,its a good win.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2019, 04:54 PM
We struggled to win 1-0 last time we played them.

Not the best display but expecting a big improvement after 3 days in charge is just crazy. Give the guy a chance.

At easter road we stuck 6 past them, and i was never expecting a big improvement after 3 days. The game was boring, some of the football was pish littered with the odd decent performance from a few of them like Hanlon and Milligan.

Obviously i want the club to do well, and that means the new manager to do well, but i'm not going to say everything was much better like some, when it was not much better it was an average performance against a very poor team.

I like the look of McNulty, Horgan had a good first half and we looked solid at the back, and a wins a win.:greengrin

The_Horde
nevr a pen for me

sums up Muirs performance so far

You're kidding right? Boy cleaned Gray out. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul so why not there?

Lago

Damned by faint praise, that's the way to go looking for the inevitable slump after 1 game, oh well😒

Albanian Hibs
16-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Omeonga really has something about him and if he settles to the Scottish game would be a stand out. McNulty is a cracking forward.

If Hoegaardenbeerkeg can get fluidity, shape, press and confidence into this team we will have a lot to look forward to.

Not sure why you keep slagging our managers name?

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Not sure but I'm assuming it's due to the east stand not being tiered.

:faf:

Any excuse. They managed it at the colloseum. There might be some health and safety moans from the usual snowflake suspects.

bigwheel
16-02-2019, 04:57 PM
At easter road we stuck 6 past them, and i was never expecting a big improvement after 3 days. The game was boring, some of the football was pish littered with the odd decent performance from a few of them like Hanlon and Milligan.

Obviously i want the club to do well, and that means the new manager to do well, but i'm not going to say everything was much better like some, when it was not much better it was an average performance against a very poor team.

I like the look of McNulty, Horgan had a good first half and we looked solid at the back, and a wins a win.:greengrin

Think you are calling Hamilton wrong here. They were quite a different proposition from earlier this season . Liked the look of them at times - have signed well. Particularly
Their number 11 Miller - he looks a good good
Player ..they were Much more Potent going forward and well structured in defence ..

Hibs were decent today - not Outstanding ..but can be happy with their shift.

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Who, Heckiniola?

gaz1875
16-02-2019, 04:59 PM
I thought it was a good team performace, held our shape and players always looking for the ball.

Hiber-nation
16-02-2019, 05:00 PM

It's some bizarre form of humour apparently.

Wilson
16-02-2019, 05:01 PM

I think people are just having fun. I can imagine some of the names should we be losing games! We can surely beat previous greats like Mixu Pantyliner.

Still, win the Scottish cup and he will be Mister Heckingbottom if you please.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 05:03 PM

Yes Omeonga looks decent and once he adapts to the pace of the Scottish game he'll be a top player for us.

givescotlandfreedom
16-02-2019, 05:06 PM
I think people are just having fun. I can imagine some of the names should we be losing games! We can surely beat previous greats like Mixu Pantyliner.

Still, win the Scottish cup and he will be Mister Heckingbottom if you please.

I mind Dixu and Mixup being popular on here.

thegaffer12
16-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Milligan was flawless today. Exactly what we know he's capable of.

Jim44
16-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Agreed. The 3 of them were excellent. Slivka being the best player on the park.

I’m really chuffed for Slivka. From the day he came to us, I’ve always thought he showed great promise but has blown a bit hot and cold, maybe because of not being an automatic selection. I don’t think he has ever been as weak as some folk make out but he has rarely won everybody over. Maybe his time has come.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:15 PM

Lighten up. I'm happy clapping all the way for H, I think he could be great for us.

It's an unusual name though and after all the negative utter 5hite of the last few weeks I prefer to **** around with stupid alternative versions of that rather than the mind numbing Dempster/Lennon speculatoryshamblesborefest.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Milligan was flawless today. Exactly what we know he's capable of.

Can pick a pass and usually does, I like him a lot.

CathroMustStay
16-02-2019, 05:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMtZC5vd6vQ

HoboHarry
16-02-2019, 05:22 PM

The shape could end up Hoegaardenbeerkeg's pyritohedron if you included one sub. Christ, imagine what the tactics board would look like......

Swedish hibee
16-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Some folk on here just moan & moan. It's the weekend and we won!

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 05:32 PM
The shape could end up Hoegaardenbeerkeg's pyritohedron if you included one sub. Christ, imagine what the tactics board would look like......

I have every confidence if that happens Heggartybantam is the man to move us on to a 3D tactics board. Probably with virtual reality goggles, holograms and everything.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Exactly :aok:
A Motherwell win tomorrow would be bad for us.

Nah. We'll overtake THEM.

Forza Fred
16-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Think you are calling Hamilton wrong here. They were quite a different proposition from earlier this season . Liked the look of them at times - have signed well. Particularly
Player ..they were Much more Potent going forward and well structured in defence ..

Spot on.

sometimes we focus so much on OUR club, that we don't take into consideration that OTHER clubs are improving too.

since Hamilton's new manager came in they won and drew up until our game.

Other teams don't just stand still watching us improve!

calumhibee1
16-02-2019, 06:31 PM

Absolutely. Look at some of the goals we scored against them in the 6-0 game. They were nowhere near as bad today. We played pretty decent. Scored two, hit the post, hit the bar and Flo missed a one-on-one. Not a vintage performance but it was better than it has been.

Tynie01011973
16-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Lighten up. I'm happy clapping all the way for H, I think he could be great for us.

It's an unusual name though and after all the negative utter 5hite of the last few weeks I prefer to **** around with stupid alternative versions of that rather than the mind numbing Dempster/Lennon speculatoryshamblesborefest.

Just a typical Yorkshire name, bit like Gordon Ottershaw from Barnstoneworth.
Hope he has the same effect in improving Hibs 😊

https://youtu.be/8O1pH-NEa6I

Squealing pig
16-02-2019, 06:48 PM
We r hibs

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Good start for the new gaffer [emoji106]They were indeed...sadly not Mallan tho other than a couple of good passes he was largely anonymous again.

I do like Milligan tho..very composed and strong in the tackle and Slivka looks like a different player these last few weeks

All in all a good days work for the new boss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Good win for usThey were much better today than their last visit to ER...the boy Miller no 11 looks decent as did their no 9

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Criswell
16-02-2019, 09:42 PM
A wins a win I suppose. Positives were: we were solid at the back and Slivka played well but up-front we struggled badly to create real goal-scoring chances. Disappointing performance.

DTS
16-02-2019, 11:06 PM
A wins a win I suppose. Positives were: we were solid at the back and Slivka played well but up-front we struggled badly to create real goal-scoring chances. Disappointing performance.

Kamberi should’ve scored at 0-0, we hit the woodwork twice. Had 2/3 good chances in the first 10 minutes of the second half, shaw had a huge chance at the end of the game. We could’ve won 4/5/6 today. I’d argue we probably had as many decent chances in this game as we did in the 6-0

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2019, 11:54 PM
It was a decent performance by Hibs and it never really looked like we were in any kind of trouble … though our failure to score a third from a number of promising positions shows we still need to sharpen up with our final ball and decision making in the last third. If Hamilton had pulled one back with 15 or so minutes to go I wonder how well our nerve would have held.

Nobody had a bad game, but I would pick out Horgan for a couple of cracking balls into the box, Daz for a commanding performance at the back and Slivka who was my man of the match, he has been in good form lately and had one of his best games for Hibs yesterday …. I have to admit I was in the camp that would have been happy to see him leave the club, but his improvement has been such that now I'm happy to see his name on the team sheet.

We still have a long way to go before we reach the standard that's going to make us competitive for places in the top 4 … but winning games like that wont do us any harm, lets hope we can keep it up.

PS … The lad at number 11 for Hamilton was a real handful, shame the window is shut :greengrin