PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Dempster Press Conference

Lee Marvin
15-02-2019, 07:37 PM
She looks totally pee'd off with the nonsense spouted by media and fans alike over the last 3 weeks. Never seen her with such an angry, defensive demeanour.

I really really hope this chapter has strengthend her desire to succeed at hibs and not made her question her position. I think the former, as she seems like a hugely determined, single minded lady. But I fear the the latter.

We hibs fan need to pull together now and get right behind the club. She has done an unbelievable job over the last few years and really want this to continue.

GGTTH

CathroMustStay
15-02-2019, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23XXycoo-Fk

Saturday Boy
15-02-2019, 07:38 PM
She looks totally pee'd off with the nonsense spouted by media and fans alike over the last 3 weeks. Never seen her with such an angry, defensive demeanour.

I really really hope this chapter has strengthend her desire to succeed at hibs and not made her question her position. I think the former, as she seems like a hugely determined, single minded lady. But I fear the the latter.

We hibs fan need to pull together now and get right behind the club. She has done an unbelievable job over the last few years and really want this to continue.

GGTTH

I read that as “wee Hibs fans” and thought you were having a dig. Cheeky b****** 😄

JohnM1875
15-02-2019, 07:40 PM
All she had to do was say that Heckingbottom was the first choice. But, from that interview looks like that's not the case. Still, he's here now and he has my full backing!

Lee Marvin
15-02-2019, 07:40 PM

GGTTH

Leeann - typo in title by me.

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 07:49 PM
I admire Leeann's professionalism and her ability to articulate and make her point.

There was no bigger admire of Neil Lennon than I, but he is gone, and I am satisfied that this was for the good of both himself and our club.

As a supporter I do not feel I am "entitled" to know the circumstances leading up to his "leaving us".

Leeann has been and is good for our club.

I trust her to continue doing a "brilliant" job for our club.

She has an eye for a good coach/manager and I will keep my fingers crossed that she has chosen well again in Paul Heggingbottom.

Jim_in_Canada
15-02-2019, 08:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23XXycoo-Fk

Push the "CC" button and listen to the interview. I don't consider Leeann to have a very strong accent but some of the captions are absolutely hilarious !

malcolm
15-02-2019, 08:02 PM
All she had to do was say that Heckingbottom was the first choice. But, from that interview looks like that's not the case. Still, he's here now and he has my full backing!
I did not get that just that, being professional about things, she did not talk about other candidates but she did clearly say no one else had been offered the job.

There is an argument that if someone says X was first choice no one will believe it anyway. On here there are loads who seem to believe any ostensibly illogical tosh and any bit of press fuddery and vacuum filling :greengrin

Stoney Hibee
15-02-2019, 08:04 PM
That was a tough watch right from the start, Brian McLaughlin seems to have pissed her off big style!

lapsedhibee
15-02-2019, 08:09 PM
That was a tough watch right from the start, Brian McLaughlin seems to have pissed her off big style!

You could see her thinking "This is an affront to democracy, asking the same question over and over to try and get the answer you want."

Hibee Mac
15-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Glad to have someone at the helm who won't stand for any nonsense. Leeann has done a fabulous job at the club and I hope she continues to do so for many years to come.

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Glad to have someone at the helm who won't stand for any nonsense. Leeann has done a fabulous job at the club and I hope she continues to do so for many years to come.

Agreed. Overall I think she's doing a fine job. A few things I'd like to see her sort out e.g. loyalty points, but overall she's played a big role in our improvement.

matty_f
15-02-2019, 08:22 PM
I enjoyed that. It's good to see the Chubb in the grunt for with this kind of thing - we've taken a bit of a battering in the press and that's fuelled a lot of the ill-feeling amongst some of the support. It looks like the club are coming out fighting and hopefully that changes the mood a bit.

There are people who love to hang on to the negativity and interviews like that will never win those people around, but hopefully there are people who were previously concerned who have come back around.

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 08:26 PM
I enjoyed that. It's good to see the Chubb in the grunt for with this kind of thing - we've taken a bit of a battering in the press and that's fuelled a lot of the ill-feeling amongst some of the support. It looks like the club are coming out fighting and hopefully that changes the mood a bit.

There are people who love to hang on to the negativity and interviews like that will never win those people around, but hopefully there are people who were previously concerned who have come back around.

Chubb in the grunt.

Is that a typo or am I behind in my lingo revision again?

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Chubb in the grunt.

Had me confused too :greengrin

ScottB
15-02-2019, 08:29 PM

And if she had, folk would be on here, and no doubt in the media, accusing her of lying.

Saturday Boy
15-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Chubb in the grunt.

Since MattyF invented “autocorrect fail” there’s been no stopping him.

I’m beginning to think he’s milking it a bit now 😄

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Since MattyF invented “autocorrect fail” there’s been no stopping him.

I’m beginning to think he’s milking it a bit now 😄

Grunt himself will be on in a bit to tell us whether, and why, he has a key up his jacksie...and if Leeann put it there.

Speedway
15-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Chubb in the grunt.

Matty must be talking about the huns again.

grunt
15-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Chubb in the grunt.

I'm deeply offended.

HoboHarry
Who is the Brian guy that she was getting annoyed with?

Edit - just saw another post that it was that erse Brian McLaughlin.....

grunt
Grunt himself will be on in a bit to tell us whether, and why, he has a key up his jacksie...and if Leeann put it there.That's between me and her.

matty_f
15-02-2019, 08:46 PM
It was supposed to say "club on the front foot".

My phone has a mind of its own and clearly enjoys ripping the pish out of me. :faf:

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 08:50 PM
It was supposed to say "club on the front foot".

My phone has a mind of its own and clearly enjoys ripping the pish out of me. :faf:

Original is always best. Keep it 😂

matty_f
15-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Original is always best. Keep it 😂

I'm not changing it now, would be spending half the night fixing the posts that quoted it! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I like it. Definitely going to use it again.

Smartie
15-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I admire Leeann's professionalism and her ability to articulate and make her point.

There was no bigger admire of Neil Lennon than I, but he is gone, and I am satisfied that this was for the good of both himself and our club.

As a supporter I do not feel I am "entitled" to know the circumstances leading up to his "leaving us".

She has an eye for a good coach/manager and I will keep my fingers crossed that she has chosen well again in Paul Heggingbottom.

This is the best post I've read on here in months.

ekhibee
15-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I thought it was a great interview. Fair enough people like McLaughlin have a job to do too, but maybe she's just a bit fed up of the old boys network on places like Sportsound. She represents my club, and I'm proud that she does. We'll probably get some pIsh from Preston on Sportsound tomorrow saying "well the hibs fans I'VE spoken to..."

I couldn't care less what Hearts supporters in the media think, we've got a new manager and I'll be right behind him tomorrow.

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 08:58 PM
That's between me and her.

Clearly not now. 🤣

15-02-2019, 09:02 PM
That's between me and her.

No according to matty_f. Is matty_f ITK?......certainly sounds like it. :not worth

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 09:07 PM
No according to matty_f. Is matty_f ITK?......certainly sounds like it. :not worth

He has his Chubb in a few grunts, obviously

3pm
15-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Good work Leeann.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 09:39 PM

That’s it...”Leeanns Lip!”

:dunno:

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 09:42 PM
That’s it...”Leeanns Lip!”

:dunno:

Hey, I could use "Leeann's Lip" as my new user name.:hmmm:

Peevemor
15-02-2019, 09:42 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Neil Lennon isn't her favourite person just now.

That's 2 interviews on the trot where she says that Heck should improve things, and I get the impression that by this she means more than the recent poor results.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 09:44 PM

That was what I was talking about Lenny :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 09:46 PM
That was what I was talking about Lenny :greengrin

What about an avatar though? :greengrin

hibsbollah
15-02-2019, 09:56 PM

It's not evident what she found so out of order about the line of questioning. A very angry, defensive performance.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 10:05 PM
It's not evident what she found so out of order about the line of questioning. A very angry, defensive performance.

Agree angry and defensive hiding something but something tells me we will never know

Time to move on

Speedway
15-02-2019, 10:05 PM

That's 2 interviews on the trot where she says that Heck should improve things, and I get the impression that by this she means more than the recent poor results.

Yep!

I was encouraged to hear that she thinks that we’ll be continuing to pay fees for players going forward.

Clearly she doesn’t take kindly to being called a clueless D by a ginger with popcorn teeth.

Smartie
15-02-2019, 10:07 PM

She's had a difficult few weeks and I think it is showing.

LD needs us to win a few games as much as anyone else does, I really hope we get them.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 10:08 PM

The YouTube freeze frame of Leeann would be the perfect avatar :greengrin

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 10:11 PM
It must be really tempting for her to tell the reporters straight/to **** off.
However, both parties have to play the daft game.

I would call the above a 0-0 draw.

Was a waste of time for both parties.

What is evident is that she is nobody's fool.

JimmyL
15-02-2019, 10:12 PM
What it proved was how bad journalists are in Scotland, asking for clarification on their own guess work and great to see a few put in places GGTTH

Unseen work
15-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Never really enjoyed that tbf as I’m used to seeing her calm and extremely positive, really want her to get back to that as she seems absolutley fizzing.

To me, it looks like she wishes everyone knew the truth but obviously can’t say anything for legal reasons and that’s making it extremely difficult for her especially when she is being called x, y and z by the media who are turning out ridiclous stories.

Also the press/pundits all seem to have jumped on Lennons side.

Watching Leanne, Heck’s and Malians interviews to me it seems like our new head coach will get the boys buzzing and confident again and increase their football knowledge massively.

Mallan was very complimentary about him and without saying it, sort of alluded to the main difference between managers is his attention to details in training, analysis, match day and every single player knowing their role.

I think the players will like him based on what Iv read from others and he does come across very likeable.

The sort of coach that I think will flourish here at ER.

hibsbollah
15-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Never really enjoyed that tbf as I’m used to seeing her calm and extremely positive, really want her to get back to that as she seems absolutley fizzing.

To me, it looks like she wishes everyone knew the truth but obviously can’t say anything for legal reasons and that’s making it extremely difficult for her especially when she is being called x, y and z by the media who are turning out ridiclous stories.

Watching Leanne, Heck’s and Malians interviews to me it seems like our new head coach will get the boys buzzing and confident again and increase their football knowledge massively.

Mallan was very complimentary about him and without saying it, sort of alluded to the main difference between managers is his attention to details in training, analysis, match day and every single player knowing their role.

I think the players will like him based on what Iv read from others and he does come across very likeable.

The sort of coach that I think will flourish here at ER.

I really hope its the journalists and not some Hibs fans speculation and reaction that has angered her. Her relationship with us is more important than her relationship with Brian ****ing McLaughlin. I hope she's OK. Looks like she could do with a holiday her feet up and a big drink with an umbrella in it.

Unseen work
15-02-2019, 10:22 PM
I really hope its the journalists and not some Hibs fans speculation and reaction that has angered her. Her relationship with us is more important than her relationship with Brian ****ing McLaughlin. I hope she's OK. Looks like she could do with a holiday her feet up and a big drink with an umbrella in it.

Like wise mate, I would like to think she understands that the majority of fans understand why the club have been quiet lately.

Some people want the club to put out statements about everything when there is nothing to say/they can say.

Jonnyboy
15-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Who is the Brian guy that she was getting annoyed with?

Edit - just saw another post that it was that erse Brian McLaughlin.....

An arrogant, fat Jambo tube and that's just his good points. His line of questioning was laughable as he tried to be like a professional journo. Well done Leeann for getting the fat tube to shut up.

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Think you have nailed it there.

However, that's why she is on the big money.

If we win tomorrow she will feel a whole lot better.

Onion
15-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Best way for Hibs to stick it right up the media and establishment is for the team to start winning again and humping their beloved Celtic, Sevco and Yams. That's the only way to answer these clowns. And as we've seen from May 2016, it REALLY brasses them off :greengrin

Waxy
15-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Good work here from Leeann.
The last few weeks have taken her away from her normal job most likely to deal with issues in the right way for everyone involved.
Dark forces will always be at work in this game and all true hibees will be right behind Leeann and everyone employed by Hibs.
It’s us against the world.

Sioux
15-02-2019, 10:30 PM

She'd be entitled to be angry with some of the **** that so called Hibs fans have come out with the last week or so.

Tornadoes70
15-02-2019, 10:38 PM
An arrogant, fat Jambo tube and that's just his good points. His line of questioning was laughable as he tried to be like a professional journo. Well done Leeann for getting the fat tube to shut up.

:top marks

A rotund yam mouthpiece. Like the majority of them who're very mostly old firm or yam orientated I'm afraid to say. Lets do our talking on the park we can but hope starting tomorrow.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Northernhibee
15-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Thought it was brilliant. Asked some good questions which she answered well, with detail and courtesy and politely, and asked some pointless questions which she gave no credit to whatsoever.

Glad we have someone in charge who won't accept any **** nor let it lie.

The Harp Awakes
15-02-2019, 10:44 PM

I can't see how she can be angry at the fans. It's only natural everyone's scratching their head when we've lost a successful, experienced head coach in unknown circumstances and replaced him with a relatively unknown guy with a patchy track record.

She certainly looked rattled for whatever reason. It's now absolutely essential that the players respond and get PH off to a good start. If not, things could implode.

Eaststandee
15-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Long live Leanne

:flag:

500miles
15-02-2019, 10:54 PM
I can't see how she can be angry at the fans.

There were fans spreading rumours about Lennon attacking her, calling her a dyke, spitting at her, as well as physical attacks on players. If they're made up, she's well within her rights to be angry with supporters who obviously have an active imagination and axe to grind.

JimmyL
15-02-2019, 10:55 PM
What it proved was how bad journalists are in Scotland, asking for clarification on their own guess work and great to see a few put in places GGTTH

SMAXXA
15-02-2019, 10:57 PM
I can't see how she can be angry at the fans. It's only natural everyone's scratching their head when we've lost a successful, experienced head coach in unknown circumstances and replaced him with a relatively unknown guy with a patchy track record.

She certainly looked rattled for whatever reason. It's now absolutely essential that the players respond and get PH off to a good start. If not, things could implode.

Have you seen some of the pish that so called supporters have said on here and Twitter etc the last couple of weeks, embarrassing and wouldn’t blame her for being pissed off.

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 11:11 PM

GGTTH

You're 100% right !
We're ****ing lucky to have LD at our club, she's probably the best signing we've made in the last five years.

The Harp Awakes
15-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Have you seen some of the pish that so called supporters have said on here and Twitter etc the last couple of weeks, embarrassing and wouldn’t blame her for being pissed off.

I don't go on Twitter so haven't seen it, but I would be sceptical whether the majority were Hibs fans. Huns and jambos in disguise more likely. Most Hibs fans I've spoken to over the last few weeks have been reasonable given the circumstances, and are willing to give the Club the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly though, the events of the last few weeks have caused many fans to ask questions of the Board, probably for the first time in LD's tenure. To her credit she said in that interview that was part and parcel of running a football club. Hopefully it will spur her on.

LD also deserves credit for what she has done for Hibs to date and that earns her the right to have the fans backing. The appointment of PH is crucial though and I really hope for her and the Club's sake that she has made the correct appointment.

Hexham Hibee
15-02-2019, 11:32 PM
Ambitious but not reckless - that’s an excellent view!

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 11:35 PM

👏👏👏

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Don't think I've ever seen her in such a bullish mood, there's no doubt the Lennon situation and some of the over the top criticism relating to it has affected her and no wonder … This is a woman who has carried out her work for the club in as diligent and wholehearted a manner as anybody could have hoped for, in view of that she must have been extremely taken aback, if not hurt, by the amount of abuse she has been subjected to.

I am all for the folk who run this football club being held to account for the decisions they make … but the sort of abuse she has suffered over the first genuinely major contentious situation she has been involved in has in all honesty shocked me to the core as a Hibs fan of many years. The way some folk have reacted its as if the last 4 years never happened.

In that time its been nothing but an upward trajectory .. even when we had the disappointment of failing to gain promotion in the first two seasons of her tenure that was tempered by some cracking wins against the odds and an event some of us never thought we would ever see … an event which will remain burned into our memories until the day we die.

I had nothing against Neil Lennon as I've said many times on here …… But I have to say that I hope with all my heart that Heckingbottom is an absolutely roaring success, because apart from Hibs doing well on the park nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the ungrateful *******s who turned on a woman who has been nothing but good for this club from the moment she joined have their vitriol shoved right up their ****ing *****.

Nae offence :aok:

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2019, 11:46 PM
That was a tough watch right from the start, Brian McLaughlin seems to have pissed her off big style!He's a fat Jambo tur#....hope she punched him square in the face off camera...he's at it in the interviews with Hecky and Mallan too...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

brog
15-02-2019, 11:49 PM

That's at least the 3rd post I've seen from you saying things could go horribly wrong very quickly for PH. It almost sounds like this is what you want. No wonder LD's grumpy.

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2019, 11:50 PM

That's 2 interviews on the trot where she says that Heck should improve things, and I get the impression that by this she means more than the recent poor results.Rightly so mate...we are better than 8th in this league regardless of squad deficiencies...and we are currently in bottom 6 coz of some bizarre starting 11s and tactics from our previous manager. Yes injuries didn't help but neither did the Russian roulette team selection every week...we've had next to no stability all season. I share her feelings TBH

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2019, 11:53 PM
She'd be entitled to be angry with some of the **** that so called Hibs fans have come out with the last week or so.Absolutely ....Twitter and Facebook have been an absolute car crash this week...I'm amazed at how many so called Hibs fans believe the utter s### they read in the rags like the Sun and Record

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2019, 11:56 PM
I don't go on Twitter so haven't seen it, but I would be sceptical whether the majority were Hibs fans. Huns and jambos in disguise more likely. Most Hibs fans I've spoken to over the last few weeks have been reasonable given the circumstances, and are willing to give the Club the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly though, the events of the last few weeks have caused many fans to ask questions of the Board, probably for the first time in LD's tenure. To her credit she said in that interview that was part and parcel of running a football club. Hopefully it will spur her on.

LD also deserves credit for what she has done for Hibs to date and that earns her the right to have the fans backing. The appointment of PH is crucial though and I really hope for her and the Club's sake that she has made the correct appointment.I can assure you there were plenty of Hibs fans involved on Twitter...LD has even been sent some not so complimentary tweets from some Hibs fans...as I've already posted it's been a car crash all week

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 11:59 PM

I don't think she is angry at the fans as a collective …. but as I detailed in my other post she must have been extremely hurt by a section of our fans … and I mean a small but annoyingly vocal section … who saw fit to chuck in the bin the achievements of one of the best board members this club has had in many a long year in favour of scathing and at times nasty attacks on her over the Lennon situation.

That's why she can be angry at some fans .. and I for one don't blame her for a second.

Mango Man
16-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Don't think I've ever seen her in such a bullish mood, there's no doubt the Lennon situation and some of the over the top criticism relating to it has affected her and no wonder … This is a woman who has carried out her work for the club in as diligent and wholehearted a manner as anybody could have hoped for, in view of that she must have been extremely taken aback, if not hurt, by the amount of abuse she has been subjected to.

I am all for the folk who run this football club being held to account for the decisions they make … but the sort of abuse she has suffered over the first genuinely major contentious situation she has been involved in has in all honesty shocked me to the core as a Hibs fan of many years. The way some folk have reacted its as if the last 4 years never happened.

In that time its been nothing but an upward trajectory .. even when we had the disappointment of failing to gain promotion in the first two seasons of her tenure that was tempered by some cracking wins against the odds and an event some of us never thought we would ever see … an event which will remain burned into our memories until the day we die.

I had nothing against Neil Lennon as I've said many times on here …… But I have to say that I hope with all my heart that Heckingbottom is an absolutely roaring success, because apart from Hibs doing well on the park nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the ungrateful *******s who turned on a woman who has been nothing but good for this club from the moment she joined have their vitriol shoved right up their ****ing *****.

She is up there with one of the best signings this club has ever made.

givescotlandfreedom
16-02-2019, 12:09 AM
Good on her. Her job is to help Hibs not the media

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 12:12 AM
That's at least the 3rd post I've seen from you saying things could go horribly wrong very quickly for PH. It almost sounds like this is what you want. No wonder LD's grumpy.

I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.

ekhibee
16-02-2019, 12:43 AM
I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.
I'll be supporting Heckingbottom every step of the way, but in a way I'm the same as you regarding the appointment. It's different from Mowbray and Stubbs both of whom at least had experience of playing in Scotland, PH and Stockdale don't, but I'm still optimistic that this could work; Stockdale is a very well-respected coach, and PH does have some positive experience of management.

heretoday
16-02-2019, 12:52 AM
Good on her. Her job is to help Hibs not the media

Hear hear. Personally, I find it quite liberating to be in the post-Lennon era. This new guy hasn't got any baggage. At least I don't think so.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 01:01 AM
I'll be supporting Heckingbottom every step of the way, but in a way I'm the same as you regarding the appointment. It's different from Mowbray and Stubbs both of whom at least had experience of playing in Scotland, PH and Stockdale don't, but I'm still optimistic that this could work; Stockdale is a very well-respected coach, and PH does have some positive experience of management.

Agreed mate. Presently we have a spectrum, where at one end some Hibs fans back the Hibs Board regardless of what they do, through to those who slag the Board off for everything and don't see the good in their recent succeses. I'm kind of in the middle now, after being totally behind them in recent years.

What I don't like is fans on either side of the argument who rubbish genuine Hibs fans for their views, just because they disagree. Constructive criticism is healthy.

GGTTH

JOD
16-02-2019, 01:20 AM

Aye right !!! car crash press conference

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Craig Brown spoke about her at Motherwell

She wants a yes man coach and hey P H fits the bill. Lenny did not.

Worrying times again

But I will still be there today.

Hi Heid Yin
16-02-2019, 01:20 AM

:top marksA lot of what you posted absolutely resonates.

Well said Nae Nookie.

The Harp Awakes
16-02-2019, 01:34 AM

Good post NN. I'm not a big social media guy but I'm not aware that Hibs fans have turned on LD. Some may have questioned her judgement in the absence of any facts in recent events, but blindless loyalty when things have clearly gone wrong is not healthy.

Being 8th in the league is a collective failure and not all Neil Lennon's fault.

Everyone at Hibs from the Board through to the players need to up their game.

Peevemor
16-02-2019, 02:19 AM

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

But I will still be there today.Car crash post.

Dalkeith Boy
16-02-2019, 02:32 AM
We are very very fortunate to have Leanne Dempster leading Hibs. She has been the best signing we have made. She is strong, courageous, hard working and has nothing but the best interest of Hibs FC every day she gets up. I am writing this in the hope that Leanne reads it and accepts my support and thanks for all that she does and stands for as far as Hibs FC are concerned.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 03:05 AM

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

A big part of the reason it didn't work out for Heckingbottom at Leeds is exactly because he wasn't a yes man.

George Craig was far from a disaster at Falkirk.

Your post makes no sense.

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2019, 03:19 AM

He is a big, fat and ugly Jambo.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Hibs survived Wallet Mercenary so we could have debates over managerial appointments, endure relegations, jambo trolls, wind-up menrchants countered by purple patches against the yams, owning the Rangers, winning silverware, dramatically claim the Holy Grail, amassing record points totals, having an extended run in Europe with some scintillating play along the way.

Managerial appointments is not an exact science but let’s get behind the dude. Not so sure why we seem to spend a massive amount of time foreseeing gloom (so that folks can say hope I’m wrong but I told you so?)

Chuck Rhoades
16-02-2019, 05:32 AM
Thanks LD. Been a critic over the past 3-4 weeks, partiuclarly on here, but the communication from the club over the past couple of days has been fantastic.

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 07:00 AM

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Wow.

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 07:27 AM

I don’t get this talk of cause Mowbray and Stubbs played in Scotland this qualifies them to have an advantage, these guys played their football here at a time when the game wa very very different and I’m sure they would say it’s night and day from the current football here. He’s already signed a few Scottish lads at previous clubs so obviously knows the market and enough about to argue he’s not coming in blind having never seen it. Scottish football gets more air time now than every probably so many managers and coaches will have a greater awareness of the game than they once did.

J-C
16-02-2019, 07:29 AM

You do know Heckinbottom managed Barnsley in th championship for
2 years, hardly inexperienced.

J-C
16-02-2019, 07:34 AM

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Another one with an agenda against LD and the club, were you one of the nasty ****ers giving her abuse on Twitter, we seem to have a wee nasty element in our support who'll jump on anything and turn it into an attack on the club.

Just Jimmy
16-02-2019, 07:45 AM
I'm glad she's pushing back. I would argue it maybe didn't go far enough either.

I support leeann and Hibs. I think the move from Neil 'Celtic at every opportunity' Lennon was the right time, that's not to say that Lennon wasn't good for us at the time. I'm not falling over myself about him given the reality is 1 point more than stubbs with no hearts and huns and then taking the club to 4th with the best midfield in the country. my honest deep down view on last season is that Lennon failed, we were in the hunt for second and he blew the trip to tynecastle. we were 3 up on rangers and he was celebrating a 5 all draw like he's won something.

as others have said, far too much baggage.

I like what I've heard from PH so far. I'm prepared to back him and I hope he goes on to be the most successful coach in our history.

leeann is good for hibs. however whilst I support the fact she's feeling peeved at the media, she and the club should self assess and realise that they contributed to the feeling of discontent within the fan based. in that for a while prior to the issue with Lennon, the club had remained silent on many issues and the fans were also becoming restless with footballing matters. many saw us as under prepared despite her claims of biggest budget ever and the mcginn money.

all in all, Hibs would do well to go out and thump Hamilton this afternoon and get the PH area off to a flier.

then we can all talk about that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Waxy
16-02-2019, 07:46 AM
The club has rocketed back into the top end of Scottish football from our lowest ebb in a long time.We’ve won the Scottish cup which we all thought we’d never see.We’ve had a manager in Neil Lennon who i’d never thought possible for us to have.

All since Leeann took over.
Any Hibs fans giving her abuse the last few weeks are not Hibs supporters.

Any fans trying to convince us it was Hibs supporters are also not Hibs supporters.It’ll be 99% other clubs fans 1% Hibees giving lighter discontent.
Proper Hibees can be nothing but happy with our club over the past four years. I will always trust the powers who run our club for that.

JimBHibees
16-02-2019, 07:57 AM

PH has some good managerial experience with a club of similar size to Hibs and also a very short period at a much bigger club that Hibs. He has also brought in an experienced coach to help him which IMO is vital. Personally dont think it will take that long to catch up with Scottish football as to me football is football and to be honest his managerial experience is at a higher level than we currently are. Hope he does well but also hope he is given proper time to sort it out as lets be honest we have Celtic in the cup and will need a very good run out of sync with our current form to get into the top 6.

Bangkok Hibby
16-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Just watched this. For me the expectations of, and attacks on LD have been "unrealistic" to put it mildly and ****ing stupid and unreasonable if we're speaking plainly. Just because we support the club there is NO way that we are entitled to know every detail of the inner workings/disciplinary procedures/appointments etc. I for one am grateful that LD is in place doing her best to progress our club to bigger and better times. I hope she is allowed to get on with it.

Chuck Rhoades
16-02-2019, 08:15 AM
The club has rocketed back into the top end of Scottish football from our lowest ebb in a long time.We’ve won the Scottish cup which we all thought we’d never see.We’ve had a manager in Neil Lennon who i’d never thought possible for us to have.

Any fans trying to convince us it was Hibs supporters are also not Hibs supporters.It’ll be 99% other clubs fans 1% Hibees giving lighter discontent.
Proper Hibees can be nothing but happy with our club over the past four years. I will always trust the powers who run our club for that.

Wow. And people wonder why our support is divided at times?

I have been critical of both LD and NL at times. I was critical of Stubbs to at points. On the flip side, I have been positive, congratulated them and appreciative of the success they have brought us. I am entitled to that opinion, whatever it may be, no more or less than you (assuming you’re not a Jambo troll that is).

Oh, and I am a Hibs supporter, a ST holder and a regular attender of away matches thanks very much.

Waxy
16-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Wow. And people wonder why our support is divided at times?

I have been critical of both LD and NL at times. I was critical of Stubbs to at points. On the flip side, I have been positive, congratulated them and appreciative of the success they have brought us. I am entitled to that opinion, whatever it may be, no more or less than you (assuming you’re not a Jambo troll that is).

Oh, and I am a Hibs supporter, a ST holder and a regular attender of away matches thanks very much.
Cool. There’s a massive difference between being critical (which is quite normal) and taking abuse over social media (which is what i’m on about)

DetroitHibs
16-02-2019, 08:45 AM

What a load of pish. Any game I've been to home or away, there's always an element slagging off players and dishing out abuse. I don't agree with abusing the players, but it doesn't mean they are not proper Hibs fans. Leeann is no different, she's in a position where an element of our support doesn't like her.

Golden Bear
16-02-2019, 08:50 AM
There is a vocal minority in our support who simply don't like Authority so it's immaterial who is or who isn't on the Board. In my opinion of course.

weecounty hibby
16-02-2019, 08:50 AM

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Bull****. How have Falkirk got on since Craig left?
And I don't believe for a minute that PH will be a yes man. I think that is part of what stuffed him at Leeds

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:52 AM

I think the heck will be a different type of coach to Neil. Listening to the east mains chat, he seems to be very astute in picking up on the small things in the game.

Everyone seems to get a snippet on their game.

Hopefully we get a win today to start him off on the right foot.

All the chat about leeann will wither on the vine, if wins keep coming, but she's always going to have this period in her tenure coming back to haunt her, by some.

A closer look at the numbers at the agm might throw up some answers.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.✌

Bobby's Cinema
16-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Didn’t enjoy that to be honest.

Thank **** the footballs back today for all concerned.

Time to move on.

Waxy
16-02-2019, 08:55 AM
What a load of pish. Any game I've been to home or away, there's always an element slagging off players and dishing out abuse. I don't agree with abusing the players, but it doesn't mean they are not proper Hibs fans. Leeann is no different, she's in a position where an element of our support doesn't like her.

Guess your definition of abuse is different to mine then.I couldnt care less about slagging people off.
I’m talking about someone having to take personal abuse over social media here. Not in a football way. Doubt any hibby would stoop to that?

Bostonhibby
16-02-2019, 08:56 AM
We'll miss her when she's gone.

Doing a great job for us, taking the tough and unpopular decisions is much harder than just playing to appease the loudest or those with the biggest axe to grind.

There's a time for a measured response and that's what she has done here.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Guess your definition of abuse is different to mine then.I couldnt care less about slagging people off.
I’m talking about someone having to take personal abuse over social media here. Not in a football way. Doubt any hibby would stoop to that?

Abuse on social media is rife in society.
Hibs fans are part of society.
It would be odd if we were somehow immune from it.

McD
16-02-2019, 09:01 AM

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

car crash how? Because she didn’t let the press control what was said? Aye ok

on an ego trip? Again, how? She was firm, talked positively about moving forward and improving. It wasn’t about LD.

George Craig - in his time there, Falkirk were turning out a good few young players. Since he’s left? Not so much.

craig brown? You’re actually using Craig brown as your reliable source here? Wow. A dinosaur.

PH fits the bill as a yes man - So you’re well versed in his history and personality are you?

lenny (:rolleyes:) not a yes man - I’d agree with that, remind me who appointed him? You contradict yourself, LD wants a yes man, but she appointed someone you have stated isn’t a yes man.

Its worrying that folk like you will end up driving LD out the club when she realises there’s no pleasing some folk. Or you’re a troll.

Fergos
16-02-2019, 09:02 AM
2 European qualifications.

Promoted back to the top league where we are meant to be....and the small matter of the Scottish Cup win.

All within 5 years of LDs tenure at ER.

Any person in LDs position at any club would be happy with that record.

I do wonder what the detractors expected LD to have achieved within this time? She isn’t afraid to make the tough calls and I fully back her to continue to make those calls that are in the best interests of Hibernian.

GGTTH.

McD
16-02-2019, 09:02 AM
We'll miss her when she's gone.

Doing a great job for us, taking the tough and unpopular decisions is much harder than just playing to appease the loudest or those with the biggest axe to grind.

There's a time for a measured response and that's what she has done here.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Zazu62
16-02-2019, 09:04 AM
I wonder how many hearts fans post on .net a day?

HIGHLANDLEITHER
16-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Spot on and thanks for saving me thinking of a suitable response to such nonsense.

on an ego trip? Again, how? She was firm, talked positively about moving forward and improving. It wasn’t about LD.

George Craig - in his time there, Falkirk were turning out a good few young players. Since he’s left? Not so much.

craig brown? You’re actually using Craig brown as your reliable source here? Wow. A dinosaur.

PH fits the bill as a yes man - So you’re well versed in his history and personality are you?

lenny (:rolleyes:) not a yes man - I’d agree with that, remind me who appointed him? You contradict yourself, LD wants a yes man, but she appointed someone you have stated isn’t a yes man.

Its worrying that folk like you will end up driving LD out the club when she realises there’s no pleasing some folk. Or you’re a troll.

Green_one
16-02-2019, 09:20 AM
I think Hibs should exert more control over these press conferences by having someone managing the questions rather than allowing dafties with agendas to just wade in

We need to draw a line under all this and concentrate on top 6. Pretty clear we have the players to do better.

Hibee87
16-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Can someone please tell me what a 'yes' man is, and why we're so desperate to have one, or assume to have one?

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Wake up. Kick sister out of bed. Brush teeth, wash face and webbed hands and feet. Turn on the laptop and troll Hibsnet. Go outside and turtle Wax the maroon Rover SE 'Executive' model. Put all lurid cardigans on a boil wash in the zanussi before applying haemorrhoid cream and leaving for job as traffic warden deputy assistant team leader.

Just a normal day for them:aok:

Hibee87
16-02-2019, 09:27 AM

From my limited ventures over there I'd say there is a hell of a lot more Hibs fans who post on KB

Ray_
16-02-2019, 09:43 AM
I think LD has done an amazing job and this with a certain person lurking in the background, makes it even more outstanding, but I don't think the interview or this episode is her finest hour. She got tough questions and didn't look convincing, yes many were repeated but many fans have been asking the very same questions that were put to her in that interview as they know more than anyone what's at stake here

We had the Scottish Cup and the upsurge from that and promotion, but the record number of season tickets and attendances that has only equaled throughout a season once since the fifties, this was achieved by the previous manager, acknowledged, with backing from within. Whether there was the same backing in to this season to me is questionable, we were always going to struggle in midfield but our forward positions were woefully short throughout the first half of the season and we are only an injury away from being in the same position.

I really hope that LD has weaved her magic again and the new manager hits the ground running, because what took so long to build can come crashing down very quickly and that is why there are so many questions as obviously the biggest one is and the reason they are being asked was the concern that could the board have done more to prevent this situation reaching the levels it did?

For anybody who says as fans, we do not deserve the right to ask that question, maybe that would be right if we were just paying for shirts, programmes, season tickets, and hospitality and games, but thousands are also donating via HSL and money from that will have to be directed to pay for the decisions made here.

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Wake up. Kick sister out of bed. Brush teeth, wash face and webbed hands and feet. Turn on the laptop and troll Hibsnet. Go outside and turtle Wax the maroon Rover SE 'Executive' model. Put all lurid cardigans on a boil wash in the zanussi before applying haemorrhoid cream and leaving for job as traffic warden deputy assistant team leader.

Is is so close to the truth.

CockneyRebel
16-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Not too sure about that bit.

Risboro Hibby
16-02-2019, 10:10 AM
I can see why she is rattled to be honest. Maybe professionally she shouldn’t have shown it so much but on her personal level I can see why she did as she is only human

We all loved the Lennon era and didn’t want it to end. However whilst we wanted to support him through the difficult times we could also all see that things were going horribly wrong in how he was managing the players and team selections seemed to make no sense

She had the tough job of deciding when enough was enough and obviously matters came to a head the day he was suspended

Her record shows she acts in the best interest of our club and hopefully long will she continue as our CEO.

SRHibs
16-02-2019, 10:15 AM
I have to say I didn’t enjoy that interview. Her demeanour didn’t feel like one of anger in strength, more anger under pressure.

A few wins on the trot and all will be rosy though!

hibsbollah
16-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Not too sure about that bit.

Any contributions gratefully received. We could start a separate thread and make it a regular feature:aok:

Brightside
16-02-2019, 10:23 AM
I thought she was top class in that presser. Yer boy from BBC is a tosser. Paul came across very well also.

DavieRoy
16-02-2019, 10:34 AM
I think Hibs should exert more control over these press conferences by having someone managing the questions rather than allowing dafties with agendas to just wade in

We need to draw a line under all this and concentrate on top 6. Pretty clear we have the players to do better.

No, I don’t think that is healthy. Sometimes you need a free press to hold people to account. If the media look daft then let them but I am never for watering down or controlling anything. Leeann did well.

Jones28
16-02-2019, 10:38 AM

Great post NN - again!

04Sauzee
16-02-2019, 10:41 AM

Fantastic post, said everything I'd have likes to have said. Some of the Tom Kite on here and Twitter has been embarrassing

JOD
16-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Another one with an agenda against LD and the club, were you one of the nasty ****ers giving her abuse on Twitter, we seem to have a wee nasty element in our support who'll jump on anything and turn it into an attack on the club.
No I do have a Twitter. Account what is that???
Do not make stupid assumptions because of you disagreeing with my viewpoint of where the club is going😠 the only part you are right about is I am wee 5'6 to be exact 😁

J-C
16-02-2019, 02:14 PM
No I do have a Twitter. Account what is that???
Do not make stupid assumptions because of you disagreeing with my viewpoint of where the club is going😠 the only part you are right about is I am wee 5'6 to be exact 😁

I never mentioned "account" 🤔

I seen some of the vitriol posted toward Dempster and tbh it was shocking, makes you wonder if some of these people are actually Hibs supporters.

JOD
16-02-2019, 02:15 PM

Not a troll m8 on my way to Easter road as I hope you are where do you sit ? Or are you another keyboard warrior
I am entitled to my viewpoint and I am not prepared to be a lemming jumping over a cliff like you

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Wow.Indeed ...what utter nonsense

FitbaFolkKen
16-02-2019, 02:20 PM

Yeah I thought she came across well, prepared to defend her position without giving anything away or being abusive. The comments about the media filling the vacuum when Hibs don't comment were clearly a dig.

FitbaFolkKen
16-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Not a troll m8 on my way to Easter road as I hope you are where do you sit ? Or are you another keyboard warrior
I am entitled to my viewpoint and I am not prepared to be a lemming jumping over a cliff like you

Are you Jim Duffy? He was the last guy offering square go's at Easter Road

Bangkok Hibby
16-02-2019, 02:27 PM

Calm doon wee man...All Hibs family here

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2019, 03:29 PM
I love it that she treats these cartoon cocks with the respect they deserve, christ if Tom Hart was alive he'd tell them tae **** off with their pish.

JOD
16-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Calm doon wee man...All Hibs family here

Agree settle doon Jim (me)I get annoyed with People who say things on a keyboard that they would not say to my face but 2-0 is making me calm again 😁

JOD
16-02-2019, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=FitbaFolkKen;5711886]Are you Jim Duffy? He was the last guy offering square go's at Easter Road[/
😁

Bangkok Hibby
16-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Agree settle doon Jim (me)I get annoyed with People who say things on a keyboard that they would not say to my face but 2-0 is making me calm again 😁

Hope you're enjoying the game :flag:

JOD
16-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Hope you're enjoying the game :flag:

Ty we played well and I am in a state of Karma
Off to 4 in Hand now for a little refreshment

brog
16-02-2019, 05:48 PM

I agree, but doesn't mean it's right though. We also pride ourselves on our values & talk about Hibs Class. There's no class at all in some of the posts about LD on social media. Anyway onward & upward!

RyeSloan
16-02-2019, 05:49 PM
I do wish Leanne would invest in something more than a black n white stripe top...she must have a 100 of them as I’ve rarely if ever seen her in public without one on!

That aside it was an average interview...some daft questions and basically a bit of grumpiness required to move the focus onto Heck and the future rather than the past.

Beyond that nothing we didn’t know already. Lennon is gone, we’ll never know quite why. LD seems to be a touch relieved that he is and is minded to think the new guy can do better than we have been.

green day
16-02-2019, 06:12 PM
I do wish Leanne would invest in something more than a black n white stripe top...she must have a 100 of them as I’ve rarely if ever seen her in public without one on!

That aside it was an average interview...some daft questions and basically a bit of grumpiness required to move the focus onto Heck and the future rather than the past.

Beyond that nothing we didn’t know already. Lennon is gone, we’ll never know quite why. LD seems to be a touch relieved that he is and is minded to think the new guy can do better than we have been.

She was asked at 7 minutes in (not by fatty McLaughlin) "Was anybody else offered the job"

Her response was "No"

So, regardless of whether Appleton or anyone else was in the running, they were removed - for whatever reason - before PH was offered the job.

I wonder if that will be reported by the red tops? ETA - that wasnt reported by Sportsounds edit earlier......

Waxy
16-02-2019, 06:32 PM

No Hibs fans will not be immune from giving out abuse. Even the horrific personal abuse i’m on about.
But would a real Hibby give out horrible personal abuse to our own?
I’d say only a miniscule disturbed percentage might?

Wee Effen Bee
16-02-2019, 06:50 PM
She was asked at 7 minutes in (not by fatty McLaughlin) "Was anybody else offered the job"

Her response was "No"

So, regardless of whether Appleton or anyone else was in the running, they were removed - for whatever reason - before PH was offered the job.

I wonder if that will be reported by the red tops? ETA - that wasnt reported by Sportsounds edit earlier......

Dont hold your breath GD. The silence from the sports media since the interview is very revealing - no headlines, no tweets, no questions on FB. LD told them straight, accompanied with a likeable wee menacing glint in her eye. She also shut a few up on here and elsewhere from MSM who were ‘ITK’ about the interviews: Appleton was not offered the job but apparently the selection process was a ‘shambles!’ Hibs decided to stay silent amid the shtstorm generated by those who didn’t have a clue. That’s not easy when you’re being unfairly attacked from all sides. LD’s class shone though.

McD
16-02-2019, 07:31 PM

Keyboard warrior? For having a different view from you? Aye ok “m8” :kettle:

lemming :faf: comical after telling me you’re entitled to your viewpoint, yet someone disagreeing with you is a lemming. No worries :rolleyes: I take it being entitled to your viewpoint only applies to you.

There’s nothing I've said that I wouldn’t say to your face, calmly and without the need to resort to calling you are a lemming or anything else. This is because I am capable of discussing and debating with people without belittling their opinion.

McD
16-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Dont hold your breath GD. The silence from the sports media since the interview is very revealing - no headlines, no tweets, no questions on FB. LD told them straight, accompanied with a likeable wee menacing glint in her eye. She also shut a few up on here and elsewhere from MSM who were ‘ITK’ about the interviews: Appleton was not offered the job but apparently the selection process was a ‘shambles!’ Hibs decided to stay silent amid the shtstorm generated by those who didn’t have a clue. That’s not easy when you’re being unfairly attacked from all sides. LD’s class shone though.

Great post :top marks

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:28 PM

:faf:

Someone mentioned that at our table today.

percy veer
16-02-2019, 08:54 PM

Someone mentioned that at our table today.

Bullies often do try to break people down by personal al insults or the clothes they wear

HFC 0-7
16-02-2019, 09:09 PM

Only thing that fuels speculation are the people in the know not saying anything. I personally didn’t feel that the interview was that positive. She talked about speculation and not fuelling it. She, and hibs had the ability to stop the speculation, they chose not to.

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Dig at her clothes? How bizarre.

green day
16-02-2019, 09:17 PM
She, and hibs had the ability to stop the speculation, they chose not to.

No, we would be breaking the terms of the legal agreement with Neil Lennon if that happened.

I am sure Dempster is frustrated a having to continue saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Hibs told journos they would not and could not disclose the story. She said it again in that video.

It's been mentioned about a hundred times on here, surprised you hadn't picked it up as well.

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Bullies often do try to break people down by personal al insults or the clothes they wear

I don't think she's a bully, but I'll cheque ✌

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 09:21 PM
I don't think she's a bully, but I'll cheque ✌

You mean like a blank cheque?

SquashedFrogg
16-02-2019, 09:24 PM
No Hibs fans will not be immune from giving out abuse. Even the horrific personal abuse i’m on about.
But would a real Hibby give out horrible personal abuse to our own?
I’d say only a miniscule disturbed percentage might?

Think there was a few of the disturbed percentage up the back of the east today. Bless, they were even singing Lennon's name when our new man was introduced pre match.

Quite cute really.

JOD
16-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Keyboard warrior? For having a different view from you? Aye ok “m8” :kettle:

lemming :faf: comical after telling me you’re entitled to your viewpoint, yet someone disagreeing with you is a lemming. No worries :rolleyes: I take it being entitled to your viewpoint only applies to you.

There’s nothing I've said that I wouldn’t say to your face, calmly and without the need to resort to calling you are a lemming or anything else. This is because I am capable of discussing and debating with people without belittling their opinion.

Yeah a troll is acceptable to you then. So yes please call me that to my face.
Were you at Easter Road today supporting the team? What's your name ? Where do you sit ?
I'd be happy to discuss our difference of opinion very calmly.

Jim O Donnell.

Pete
16-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Dig at her clothes? How bizarre.

It looks like it was said in jest and I doubt he really has a problem with it.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Were you at Easter Road today supporting the team? What's your name ? Where do you sit ?

Jim O Donnell.

Jim, can we leave the offers to meet face to face with people out please?

vuefrom1875
16-02-2019, 10:18 PM

He's a tramp.

RyeSloan
16-02-2019, 10:29 PM
It looks like it was said in jest and I doubt he really has a problem with it.

Ha ha yeah I should have known better than even a mild observation would be interpreted as being a bully (like anyone could bully LD![emoji23]) and having a dig....

Jack
16-02-2019, 10:46 PM

Hibs already put the full media conference on their YouTube channel or at least most of it. Fans can make up their own minds and in context.

JOD
16-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Jim, can we leave the offers to meet face to face with people out please?

Yeah ok matty

Things just a bit tense at our club at the moment

Srry M8.

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Yeah ok matty

Srry M8.

Things aren't tense at the club JOD. Sounds like you are though.

From what I can see, there's a small number of people who can't accept change or move on, and feel the need to cause trouble.

Outwith the wee dafties shouting Lennons name, the atmosphere around us at the game yesterday was very good, with plenty of humour. Best in a while tbf.

And the new manager got a warm welcome around the stadium yesterday which was great to see.

ronaldo7
17-02-2019, 07:44 AM
You mean like a blank cheque?

You've been plaid.😂

Forza Fred
17-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Yeah ok matty

Srry M8.

Dunno why.

I’m entirely relaxed about things and looking forward to how we progress with a new manager.

I’ve lived under numerous managerial changes, so it’s not as if it makes me tense when one goes and a new one comes in.

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Dunno why.

I’m entirely relaxed about things and looking forward to how we progress with a new manager.

I’ve lived under numerous managerial changes, so it’s not as if it makes me tense when one goes and a new one comes in.

And I think the vast majority of people feel the same as you FF.

JimBHibees
17-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Dunno why.

Couldnt agree more. Move on to the next guy and hopefully improve.

FilipinoHibs
17-02-2019, 09:24 AM

Me too. The tension around what Lennon would do next publicity or privately has gone. No rotation of team selection or tactics. Some stability at last.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2019, 09:34 AM

Everyone has to move on. Fans, pundits, newspapers and hacks alike. Most importantly our club.

McD
17-02-2019, 09:36 AM

Jim O Donnell.

Whats my name? Where do I sit? Demanding my information so you can very calmly discuss it? aye ok. Next you’ll be offering me outside.

If you reread my post, I said “or you are a troll”. After describing what I think the impact of your opinions could be.
As in, I think that could happen, or that you are just trolling. But you carry on demanding to know who I am, where I sit and meet face to face, that comes across as very calm. You’ve just made my previous point.

Thanks for conveniently not replying to anything in my reply to your original post, you’d rather demand my details and meet face to face than reply or discuss, which kinda undermines your comment about discussing calmly. I’ll not be commenting on this again, no point.

McD
17-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Dunno why.

And I think the vast majority of people feel the same as you FF.

Definitely :agree: let’s all look forward together, and get behind the club and PH

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2019, 09:47 AM
He has his Chubb in a few grunts, obviously

You sure? I heard he Grunted in a few Chubbs...

hibee_nation
17-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Whenever I see JOD post I get a vision of Ronnie Pickering 😁

Bangkok Hibby
17-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Whenever I see JOD post I get a vision of Ronnie Pickering ��

Haha I think Jim's OK, gets a wee bit het up but then realises and apologises. He's passionate, just maybe needs channelled. Sorry for answering for you Jim :aok:

Laughed at the Ronnie Pickering analogy...now that's an a4s3hole.

H18 SFR
17-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Ronnie who?

Allant1981
17-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Ronnie who?

Ronnie pickering!

FranckSuzy
17-02-2019, 10:39 AM

JOD
17-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Whats my name? Where do I sit? Demanding my information so you can very calmly discuss it? aye ok. Next you’ll be offering me outside.

If you reread my post, I said “or you are a troll”. After describing what I think the impact of your opinions could be.
As in, I think that could happen, or that you are just trolling. But you carry on demanding to know who I am, where I sit and meet face to face, that comes across as very calm. You’ve just made my previous point.

Thanks for conveniently not replying to anything in my reply to your original post, you’d rather demand my details and meet face to face than reply or discuss, which kinda undermines your comment about discussing calmly. I’ll not be commenting on this again, no point.

Me too lets move on. If my doubts are unfounded I'll be very happy to apologize to the board publicly on here.
Lets give it 18 months.

green day
17-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Me too lets move on. If my doubts are unfounded I'll be very happy to apologize to the board publicly on here.
Lets give it 18 months.

Bath of beans on offer?

JOD
02-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Hope all you LD fans are happy tonight.

Ms Dempster GTF and take your lap dog 3 year contract guy with you.

J-C
02-03-2019, 11:17 PM

Shocking post 🙄

Hibbyradge
02-03-2019, 11:19 PM

Had much Buckfast tonight, JOD?

JOD
02-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Shocking post 🙄
Well Ban me then.

Srry for being worried about my club and saying nothing.

DetroitHibs
02-03-2019, 11:22 PM

Not an LD or Petrie fan, but that's way out of order. It's a ****ing loss to Celtic, behave.

JOD
02-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Had much Buckfast tonight, JOD?

At 66 Merlot my son my son.

In my day it was 4 crown with the Tornadoes

:---)))

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2019, 11:26 PM

I've only read 2 of your posts.

This post and the other where you are intimidating a fellow poster by wanting to know who he is and where he sits at ER.

You, sir, don't deserve the privilege of being able to post on Hibs.Net.

J-C
02-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Well Ban me then.

Srry for being worried about my club and saying nothing.

Don't know if you can see or not but I ain't an admin. The amount of nonsense folk come out with after a loss to the league leaders. We were always going to be up against it tonight and needed them to be off their game and us right on it.

JOD
02-03-2019, 11:37 PM

This post and the other where you are intimidating a fellow poster by wanting to know who he is and where he sits at ER.

I Bow to your obvious wisdom after reading 2 of my posts . When you have read more then maybe,

just maybe I will listen to your condescending comments.

Greenfly
02-03-2019, 11:37 PM

Is that on the basis of him only winning three out of four? - Pretty horrible way to say it whatever the reason.

kevinc
02-03-2019, 11:38 PM

What an uptight wee man you are, I suspect most people are disappointed with the set up and result today, not sure there are ‘’LD fans”out there , rather people who have a level of confidence in her ability to run HFC to a consistent and more positive outcome than we have experienced for decades(over a century if you accept than winning the SC is the pinnacle). Not seeing many stating that PH is the messiah, rather people seem to be developing their opinion of him; any reason you have not commented on his stewardship during 5he recent 3 consecutive league wins? Guess you were happy with our 2 wins in 3 month prior to NL’s departure.

Why don’t you GTF and take your reactionary responses with you?

Hulk1875
02-03-2019, 11:45 PM
We’ve just been beating off a champions league team on back
Of 3 good results it happens move on next season Hecky will
Have his own team and own ideas next season against old firm LD has been good for this club let’s just trust another good appointment

Andymac85
02-03-2019, 11:47 PM
What an uptight wee man you are, I suspect most people are disappointed with the set up and result today, not sure there are ‘’LD fans”out there , rather people who have a level of confidence in her ability to run HFC to a consistent and more positive outcome than we have experienced for decades(over a century if you accept than winning the SC is the pinnacle). Not seeing many stating that PH is the messiah, rather people seem to be developing their opinion of him; any reason you have not commented on his stewardship during 5he recent 3 consecutive league wins? Guess you were happy with our 2 wins in 3 month prior to NL’s departure.

This ^

JOD
02-03-2019, 11:55 PM

Srry I ain't going anywhere but to try and make our club the best it can be.

And in my opinion we are moving in wrong direction due to LD removing NL.

If I ruffle some feathers along the way so be it.

hibs4life
02-03-2019, 11:56 PM

I agree, shocking series of posts. Torn between the right of free speech and obnoxious and aggressive posts. Wouldn't be too upset to see this poster launched though as not contributing much to debate and it's these types of posters and their vitriol who turn me off from regular visits to Hibs.net.

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2019, 12:00 AM

One defeat against the best team in scotland and you want the manager out?

Frazerbob
03-03-2019, 12:01 AM

We’ve moved up 2 places since Lennon was ‘removed’

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2019, 12:02 AM

And do you honestly think we can get NL back to the club?
The NL ending was a bitter pill to swallow not much can be done to get him back...its over

JOD
03-03-2019, 12:02 AM
I agree, shocking series of posts. Torn between the right of free speech and obnoxious and aggressive posts. Wouldn't be too upset to see this poster launched though as not contributing much to debate and it's these types of posters and their vitriol who turn me off from regular visits to Hibs.net.

How many of my posts have you read Sir ??? ( that seems the way we speak on net nowadays )

04Sauzee
03-03-2019, 12:05 AM
Some people shouldn't drink on an empty head. This place reaks after s defeat sometimes

kevinc
03-03-2019, 12:07 AM

OK I will indulge you.

What are you personally doing to try and make our club the best it can be?

Since NL engineered his exit we have moved up 2 places in the league with 3 wins in a couple of weeks, our best league run this season.

I don’t think you are ruffling feathers, merely posting nonsense for a reaction.

CapitalGreen
03-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Not sure why folk are indulging this sad weirdo, he’s the same bloke who has previous for trying to arrange meet ups with other posters for a square go 😂😂😂

Frazerbob
03-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Not sure why folk are indulging this sad weirdo, he’s the same bloke who has previous for trying to arrange meet ups with other posters for a square go 😂😂😂

Haha he’s 66 years old (or so he claims) & looking for a square go? Good grief, he’s probably someone’s granddad!

JOD
03-03-2019, 12:15 AM
And do you honestly think we can get NL back to the club?
The NL ending was a bitter pill to swallow not much can be done to get him back...its over

I agree but people need to held accountable for that decision and not sweep it under a carpet.

If NL was wrong then I accept it but it all stinks to me and by all accounts it has cost our club.

Morally ad Financially.

Off to Bed

HappyAsHellas
03-03-2019, 12:18 AM

Thankfully we still have LD and the ginger rick is back with his loathsome friends and we can continue upwards and onwards.

Daydreamer
03-03-2019, 12:23 AM
Thankfully we still have LD and the ginger rick is back with his loathsome friends and we can continue upwards and onwards.

Correct, only done well with Stubbsy's midfield players.

Frazerbob
03-03-2019, 12:34 AM
I agree but people need to held accountable for that decision and not sweep it under a carpet.

If NL was wrong then I accept it but it all stinks to me and by all accounts it has cost our club.

Morally ad Financially.

Off to Bed

Sending PM’s from your bed I see. 😂

Enjoy your hangover Jim.

JOD
03-03-2019, 01:01 AM
Sending PM’s from your bed I see. 😂

Enjoy your hangover Jim.

Yep nightcap on.

Sorry this site really confuses me sometimes so a private message is no really
a private message when a well seasoned poster like you makes it public.

Hopefully I will wake up later today and it has all been dream and l hope all
you happy clappers will tell me we are still in the cup.

Lights out this time .

WestCoastHibby
03-03-2019, 03:12 AM

And where would that get us??
Do you want a Donald Trump figure in charge? "I don't like your question " so it's "fake news"

Not saying she hasn't done a great job but she gets paid plenty I'm sure.
I just feel L.D gets an easy ride....

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2019, 06:10 AM
And where would that get us??
Do you want a Donald Trump figure in charge? "I don't like your question " so it's "fake news"

Not saying she hasn't done a great job but she gets paid plenty I'm sure.
I just feel L.D gets an easy ride....

“Easy ride.” What do you mean)

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2019, 06:23 AM

Morally ad Financially.

Off to Bed

Lennons winning mentality is def a huge loss and he was box office for the club he had the ability to really put us on the map and he fought for the clubs cause so i agree we have lost out. The problem we have now is we don't know for sure what happened between NL and the players but if the last 15 or so games was anything to go on we had a toxic relationship on our hands which was pretty worrying. Some of the performances were really bad...Butcher bad. It does break my heart a little as to how it all fell apart for Hibs and Neil Lennon.

Allant1981
03-03-2019, 07:52 AM

So what are you doing to make the club the best it can be? In what way does coming on here and having a go at fans improve things? Or indeed sending private messages? Last nights result wasnt great but is there a need for the way you react?

Paisley Hibby
03-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Lennons winning mentality is def a huge loss and he was box office for the club he had the ability to really put us on the map and he fought for the clubs cause so i agree we have lost out. The problem we have now is we don't know for sure what happened between NL and the players but if the last 15 or so games was anything to go on we had a toxic relationship on our hands which was pretty worrying. Some of the performances were really bad...Butcher bad. It does break my heart a little as to how it all fell apart for Hibs and Neil Lennon.
I truly believe that, in the end, Lennon stitched us up. Managed to engineer a pay off while knowing full well where he was going next.

Since452
03-03-2019, 08:24 AM

This winning mentality of Lennon is an utter myth. Do other managers not want to win? Lennons winning mentality had us 8th in the league. His winning mentality at Bolton got him emptied. His winning mentality got countless draws and gained one more point than Stubbs managed in the Championship. He's got a winning mentality when he has 10 times the budget of everyone else at Celtic.

Northernhibee
03-03-2019, 08:39 AM

Go and support Celtic then, far too many on here were/are Lennon FC supporters rather than Hibernian FC supporters. If we lose them from our support then fantastic.

Jim44
03-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Using Lennon as a stick to beat Hibs with is daft. Get over it, he’s gone, like it or not.

hibbydad
03-03-2019, 08:43 AM
The bottom line is Lennon left the club in a mess. Poor signings coupled with very low morale in the squad. It also has to be said that we have faced a huge amount of injuries with a lack of decent cover

Sioux
03-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Morally ad Financially.

Off to Bed

So you've not got a clue what happened, and jumped to a conclusion that suits your warped mind.

Well done.

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2019, 09:14 AM

What are your plans to make the club better?

HFC93
03-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Don't drink and post.

Weststandwanab
03-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Haha he’s 66 years old (or so he claims) & looking for a square go? Good grief, he’s probably someone’s granddad!

I am a grandad 5 times over and not 60. Not read his posts not interested but maybe consider stop feeding trolls. As for a square go, those days should bewell in the past for someone my age never mind older.

Speedway
03-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Lennon was taking us down. We were on relegation form.

How is that the right direction?

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2019, 10:11 AM
This winning mentality of Lennon is an utter myth. Do other managers not want to win? Lennons winning mentality had us 8th in the league. His winning mentality at Bolton got him emptied. His winning mentality got countless draws and gained one more point than Stubbs managed in the Championship. He's got a winning mentality when he has 10 times the budget of everyone else at Celtic.

of course they do but not all managers/Players have the same level of passion or desire to win as others. Lennons want to win was sometimes his downfall.

J-C
03-03-2019, 10:22 AM

She didn't remove Lennon, he ****ed up big time and left the club mutually to save his face and allow him to get a job elsewhere.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2019, 10:28 AM
I truly believe that, in the end, Lennon stitched us up. Managed to engineer a pay off while knowing full well where he was going next.

Why would we have paid him off?

He wasn't removed for footballing reasons so his contract was irrelevant.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Don't drink and post.

This!

Hibbyradge
03-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Don't drink and post.

What are you trying to do to the place?

:tumble:

silverhibee
03-03-2019, 12:18 PM

Lennon had us in 8th position in the league when he left and looked like he didn't have a clue how to turn things around so he just threw the toys out the pram, under PH we are now in the top 6 which would mean we are on the way up under our new manager and well shot of the guy who had us dropping like a ton of bricks.

I so wanted us to pump Celtc last night, but let's face it, they normally get the right result when they need it against any team in this league or domestic cup games, think we should give our manager some time before writing him off after a defeat to the soapdodgers.

Peace.

One Day Soon
03-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Lennon had us in 8th position in the league when he left and looked like he didn't have a clue how to turn things around so he just threw the toys out the pram, under PH we are now in the top 6 which would mean we are on the way up under our new manager and well shot of the guy who had us dropping like a ton of bricks.

I so wanted us to pump Celtc last night, but let's face it, they normally get the right result when they need it against any team in this league or domestic cup games, think we should give our manager some time before writing him off after a defeat to the soapdodgers.

Peace.

:agree: I think he mad a James Hunt of it last night but that in no way detracts from the fact that he needs to be given time - a lot of it - to get where he wants to go with this squad and his own future signings.

silverhibee
03-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Stopped reading after the 1st 3 words

Col2
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
I expect LD to move on in the summer and a new CEO appointed.

I am huge fan and I think she has been tremendous for us. She intimated that she was nearer the end of her time with Hibs a few months ago and given Where we are (crossroads on and off the park), the summer seems logical time.

As a club we have to decide our real level of ambition. Top 6 or real competition for Hearts and Aberdeen so top 3. New investment is the key and is required desperately if we want to keep moving forward.

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Stopped reading after the 1st 3 words

Thanks for letting me know :rockin:

Famous Fiver
03-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Just my opinion and I have absolutely no inside knowledge but I think she will be off in the summer.

Too easy a target for the boo boys and will certainly cop it each and every time we don't perform to the exacting standards demanded on this forum.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Boys an absolute rasper! What a post to come out with!