PDA

View Full Version : "Speculation"

WestCoastHibby
15-02-2019, 05:28 PM
Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
It's Friday night man, away off to the pub with you and get drunk, then you'll have an excuse for that type of post.....

CapitalGreen
15-02-2019, 05:31 PM

How much money did Lennon and Parker receive exactly?

Heisenberg
15-02-2019, 05:33 PM

Was just about to ask the same. No one outside of those involved has the slightest idea.

cookin_on_gaz
15-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Did your mrs burn your dinner?

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

villahibs
15-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Managers come and go... the supporters or anyone else should never know exactly why. These matters are obviously confidential.
Be great if we could just move along now and concentrate on the manager and team we actually have...

tynehibs
15-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Here we go again

timewilltell
15-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Ok then... let's speculate on speculation.... Jeez

banchoryhibs
15-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Her comments protect all parties. Neil has said complimentary things about his time here, Leeann has been complementary to Neil.
We have no right to know any detail covered in the compromise agreement so time to move on....

JimBHibees
15-02-2019, 05:45 PM

Keith have you not got an article to pen for tomorrow's comic. :aok:

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 05:47 PM

I do not as a Hibby of 50 odd years think that "I'm entitled" to know the precise ins and outs of "every single business matter pertaining to my club".

I for one do not feel like I've been treated, in your words, "like a mug" by my club.

Neither do I feel like, again in your words, "stiffed" by my club when things appear to go wrong.

I respect my club's stance of "discretion and confidentiality" re the circumstances surrounding Neil Lennon's departure.

jgl07
15-02-2019, 05:47 PM
My head doesn't zip up the back

Are you sure?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Hen? Oh Lordy...

lapsedhibee
15-02-2019, 05:53 PM

That's only one top tip. Are there more to come? :dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Well, for a kick off nobody knows how much Lennon or Parker were paid. How exactly can the club reveal why Lennon and Parker left the club without breaking what sounds like a legal arrangement? And the big question nobody ever answers … why would Neil Lennon sign a gagging order, or in this case an order which bounds 'both' parties to confidentiality, if he was entirely blameless in what went on … surely if he felt he had been treated unfairly or unjustly a guy who is never afraid to speak his mind or stand up for himself like Neil Lennon would surely have told Hibs to stick their gagging order. It looks to me like this arrangement is beneficial to both parties.

She is right, some of the speculation was outrageous, as was the nature and tone of some of the attacks on Dempster and the club on social media, including her twitter account.

Its done …. FFS lets move on.

Hibby70
15-02-2019, 05:55 PM

How much blood did you invest? Did it all come from your head.?

Hibs90
15-02-2019, 05:59 PM

Bolt, hen.

Joe6-2
15-02-2019, 06:00 PM
I agree to a certain extent, something happened and I know the club can't disclose it, but it has obviously cost the club

Marvellous

"Top tips" to you, hen: sober up before posting.

JimBHibees
I do not as a Hibby of 50 odd years think that "I'm entitled" to know the precise ins and outs of "every single business matter pertaining to my club".

I for one do not feel like I've been treated, in your words, "like a mug" by my club.

Neither do I feel like, again in your words, "stiffed" by my club when things appear to go wrong.

I respect my club's stance of "discretion and confidentiality" re the circumstances surrounding Neil Lennon's departure.

Couldn't agree more. Bullometer is off the scale on this site at the moment too many provocateurs.

bawheid
Anyone mind that time Paul Hanlon equalised in stoppage time to make it 2-2 at Tynie?

Diclonius
15-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Oh good, another one.

Jim44
15-02-2019, 06:03 PM
How much blood did you invest? Did it all come from your head.?

Nah, from his piles!

HFC93
15-02-2019, 06:10 PM
I suspect the the original poster doesn't have a legal background. Call it a hunch.

Ringothedog
15-02-2019, 06:15 PM

I have been a “customer” for nigh on 50 years and I feel that it is none of my business on what happened with Neil Lennon

w pilton hibby
15-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I agree to a certain extent, something happened and I know the club can't disclose it, but it has obviously cost the club

Can you explain how it has obviously cost the club?

And since you're 'obviously' in the know how much are we talking?

Bangkok Hibby
15-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Oh FFS. Sober up man

Joe6-2
15-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Can you explain how it has obviously cost the club?

And since you're 'obviously' in the know how much are we talking?

How ridiculous!! Of course it's cost the club ffs
You think NL went without his contract getting payed out!

Callum_62
15-02-2019, 06:25 PM

Quite possibly, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
15-02-2019, 06:25 PM
I just like transparency. Will leave it at that.
Have a nice weekend everyone. I'm away up some hills

Joe6-2
15-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Wether people agree with what others say, we are all entitled to say what we think!
Anyone on here says one thing negative they are shot down in flames!!!

Callum_62
15-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Wether people agree with what others say, we are all entitled to say what we think!

Although it could be argued that they are also just saying what they think?

[emoji848]

Joe6-2
15-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Although it could be argued that they are also just saying what they think?

[emoji848]

I mean the ones that just refuse point blank to imagine the club does anything wrong whatsoever

JimBHibees
15-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Anyone mind that time Paul Hanlon equalised in stoppage time to make it 2-2 at Tynie?

Yes was brilliant. :greengrin

percy veer
15-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Saw a bit of the interview on sky and thought she came across really well, even put fat purple puss hearts loving Brian mcgluclin in his place.

Fergos
15-02-2019, 06:39 PM

Why don’t you tweet her and call her “hen”, get it out and off yer chest mate........🤫

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Do you think that "outrageous" isn't an appropriate description of the nonsense that the press have been printing?

How would you describe it?

Betty Boop
15-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Any need for the silly 'hen' comments ?

J-C
15-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Another anti Hibs/Leeann thread, why don't you all **** off and gie us peace.

hibbyfraelibby
15-02-2019, 06:49 PM
leeann dempster quoted in bbc interview about the neil lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting hibernian fc like mugs.
just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes pete tong.
Small rant, sorry. Just how i'm feeling

nurse!

Wilson
15-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Saw a bit of the interview on sky and thought she came across really well, even put fat purple puss hearts loving Brian mcgluclin in his place.

She does come across well - knows that she is burdened with the hard decisions and isn't worried about the popularity contest. LD always speaks of taking the club forward. It is the be all and end all It seems. I like that drive.

Right now Heckingbottom is also singing from that hymn sheet. He talks of taking things forward. Of overreaching with our budget. It seems like a match made in heaven!

Our hope, as fans, is that the hard decisions taken lead to good results on the pitch. All the right noises are being made just now which is positive.

weecounty hibby
15-02-2019, 06:52 PM

Me too. At the end of it I said to my Mrs that I really like Leeann and the way she works. Would love to see the full interview then than just read what the BBC want you to

staunchhibby
15-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Can we not give this a rest and move on.What's happened has happened.Fed up reading about it.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Me too. At the end of it I said to my Mrs that I really like Leeann and the way she works. Would love to see the full interview then than just read what the BBC want you to

Where can I watch the interview?

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Couldn't agree more. Bullometer is off the scale on this site at the moment too many provocateurs.

There appears to be an increasing amount of people walking around with an attitude of "entitlement", that feel personally offended and get upset when matters they have no right to know are not divulged.

JimBHibees
15-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Another anti Hibs/Leeann thread, why don't you all **** off and gie us peace.

Yep absolute torture.

weecounty hibby
15-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Where can I watch the interview?

I caught it on Sky Sports news. Was edited but at least it gave an insight into LD at work, what she was saying and how she was. I thought she looked and sounded like she was pretty angry about what had been written/said in the press

Jones28
15-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Any credibility you may have had initially was lost when you said "top tips hen"

brianmc
15-02-2019, 07:08 PM

If you're away for another pail of water try not to bump your head so hard on the way down this time..... Don't want to damage those buttons!

Argylehibby
15-02-2019, 07:08 PM

Yes I do. As I've said before if Lennon was wronged he would not have left quietly. It is perfectly reasonable to think that the parting was amicable and that no funds exchanged hands in fact I'd be more inclined to think that's the more likely scenario than Lennon getting paid to keep quiet if he was innocent.

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 07:10 PM
It's Friday night man, away off to the pub with you and get drunk, then you'll have an excuse for that type of post.....

👏👏👏

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Her comments protect all parties. Neil has said complimentary things about his time here, Leeann has been complementary to Neil.
We have no right to know any detail covered in the compromise agreement so time to move on....

Absolutely spot on mate.

silverhibee
15-02-2019, 07:14 PM

Enough for us to not make another signing for a few windows :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Keith have you not got an article to pen for tomorrow's comic. :aok:

😆😆😆 wouldn't put it past him mind.

tamig
15-02-2019, 07:17 PM

Agreed. However, now that the new manager is in position the moaners need to rake over old ground to try and dredge up the latest dig. I don’t know why some of them bother with Hibs.

Bostonhibby
15-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Show us the evidence, might come in handy at the next protest rally.

Hen? FFS.....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

jgl07
15-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Aye and we are entitled to say what we think of their comments.

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 07:26 PM

My feeling's exactly!
I buy my season ticket to watch my team, I'll leave the business side to the people with experience.
They know a ****ing lot more than I do.

Hibs90
15-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Full interview on youtube

CathroMustStay
15-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Any need for the silly 'hen' comments ?

Definitely not necessary.

CathroMustStay
15-02-2019, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23XXycoo-Fk

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Well, for a kick off nobody knows how much Lennon or Parker were paid. How exactly can the club reveal why Lennon and Parker left the club without breaking what sounds like a legal arrangement? And the big question nobody ever answers … why would Neil Lennon sign a gagging order, or in this case an order which bounds 'both' parties to confidentiality, if he was entirely blameless in what went on … surely if he felt he had been treated unfairly or unjustly a guy who is never afraid to speak his mind or stand up for himself like Neil Lennon would surely have told Hibs to stick their gagging order. It looks to me like this arrangement is beneficial to both parties.

She is right, some of the speculation was outrageous, as was the nature and tone of some of the attacks on Dempster and the club on social media, including her twitter account.

I agree with almost all of your post !
Apart from the outrageous abuse LD has received,@uck me ! " We're so fortunate to have someone of her stature and ability " rant over.

matty_f
15-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Anyone on here disagrees with something negative and folk greet about it.

They're entitled to say what they think as well. It's a two-way thing.

ScottB
15-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Have we not done this to death already?

Jones28
15-02-2019, 07:56 PM

If he was found guilty of gross misconduct then no, he won't have been.

Rocky
15-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Anyone on here disagrees with something negative and folk greet about it.

They're entitled to say what they think as well. It's a two-way thing.

This is the nub of it - folk think they should be able to utter absolute dugs***e and not be challenged on it in the name of free speech. That's no how it works, if you say something I think is daft and I point out that I think it's daft and the reasons why then that's the very essence of free speech.

Uplifted by the responses on this thread, well played Hibernian lasses and lads.

lapsedhibee
15-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Full interview on youtube

Ta. Definite indication in that interview that Hibs had an eye on Higginbotham before Lenny left, so it looks as if the incident where he threw the chair at Leighanne, missed and it hit Petrie was the last rather than the first straw.

Keith_M
15-02-2019, 08:03 PM

That's quite a rant from someone that, let's be honest about this, knows nothing about what happened... same as the rest of us.

Doh Rae Me
15-02-2019, 08:10 PM
WCH is just being honest, he's saying it as he feels, it's still raw for a lot of the support so please cut some slack.

Jones28
15-02-2019, 08:13 PM
WCH is just being honest, he's saying it as he feels, it's still raw for a lot of the support so please cut some slack.

Nah, for me the doubters have had plenty of fun and games.

Time to get behind Leeann who has a great record so far with managers.

WestStandhibee
15-02-2019, 08:18 PM

This reeks of gammon :rolleyes:

Doh Rae Me
15-02-2019, 08:22 PM

There are no fun or games going on. I'm hurting, as I feel we have just made a horrendous mistake in the future prosperity of the club.
I hope I'm way off the mark and totally wrong. It'll take time for me to get behind Heckingbottom. See ffs I can't even do that without a double entendre.

BoomtownHibees
15-02-2019, 08:23 PM
There are no fun or games going on. I'm hurting, as I feel we have just made a horrendous mistake in the future prosperity of the club.
I hope I'm way off the mark and totally wrong. It'll take time for me to get behind Heckingbottom. See ffs I can't even do that without a double entendre.

Why won’t you be behind him from the start?

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Why won’t you be behind him from the start?

Because then PH will be Heckingfront.

matty_f
15-02-2019, 08:25 PM

So you're choosing not to support the new guy?

Weird.

Keith_M
15-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Weird.

:agree:

A lot of people posting on here lately come over like jilted lovers. All huffy and attention seeking.

Jones28
15-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Well you need to settle for a second and look at what has actually gone on.

Lennon was great, but was on a catastrophic run.

We don't know the ins and outs of what's happened, but what we do know is the people at the top at Hibs are smart. To me that suggests that a deal has been cut that is good for the club and let's Lennon leave without any dirty laundry being aired.

Heck has been in charge at some big teams and has good records of bringing through youngsters. Stockdale also seems to me to be a good guy.

Doh Rae Me
15-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Weird.

I will support the new guy but I would have preferred to supported the old guy.

Doh Rae Me
15-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Well you need to settle for a second and look at what has actually gone on.

Lennon was great, but was on a catastrophic run.

We don't know the ins and outs of what's happened, but what we do know is the people at the top at Hibs are smart. To me that suggests that a deal has been cut that is good for the club and let's Lennon leave without any dirty laundry being aired.

Heck has been in charge at some big teams and has good records of bringing through youngsters. Stockdale also seems to me to be a good guy.

I agree with you, I hope my doom and gloom feelings don't turn out to be true.
GGTTH

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 08:41 PM

It didn't cost the club.

4WAW
15-02-2019, 08:42 PM
"Top tips" to you, hen: sober up before posting.

To be fair, we don't know if the OP is a "hen" or a "cock". Those seem to be the only two choices.

:LOL:

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 08:42 PM

I'm 100% certain that he didn't get his contract paid.

matty_f
15-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm 100% certain that he didn't get his contract paid.

The Sun reported that he and Parker has the remaining 18 months of their contracts paid up.

Stonewall
15-02-2019, 08:44 PM

Based on...

Bostonhibby
15-02-2019, 08:50 PM
The Sun reported that he and Parker has the remaining 18 months of their contracts paid up.Can you think of any other stories where the Sun got it wrong, or just made it up because they hadn't a clue or were pandering to a wider audience?

Just putting it out there, nothing personal.[emoji6]

hibeerealist
15-02-2019, 08:53 PM
It didn't cost the club.

There you have said it again!

You seem very sure, no absolutely nailed on, that this had zero cost to us, I hope you are correct, but have a gut feeling that this has cost us money. It may or may not come out in the wash in future we will see.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 08:56 PM
The Sun reported that he and Parker has the remaining 18 months of their contracts paid up.

The Sun would say that.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2019, 08:58 PM

I'm going to continue saying it. I'm certain.

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Lennon on BT sport in the morning with Savage and Sutton. Expect him to confirm that Hibbyradge has the detail on the split and the journalists are all making stuff up.

Argylehibby
15-02-2019, 09:28 PM
I'm going to continue saying it. I'm certain.

I have no inside knowledge but I am certain too that Lennon walked away with no payout. He would not walk away quietly as the injured party in all of this and risk his reputation.

Heedersnvolleys
15-02-2019, 09:45 PM
I have no inside knowledge but I am certain too that Lennon walked away with no payout. He would not walk away quietly as the injured party in all of this and risk his reputation.

That comment works both ways

Stonewall
15-02-2019, 09:46 PM

Don’t jump off any.

PS. Your opening post was a disgrace.

hibeerealist
15-02-2019, 09:52 PM
It didn't cost the club.

You seem very sure, no absolutely nailed on, that this had zero cost to us, I hope you are correct, but have a gut feeling that this has cost us money. It may or may not come out in the wash in future we will see.

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 10:16 PM

Amen to that brother 👍

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 10:19 PM

105 posts in 5 years including 2 on this thread of yours.
I smell *****

When will you be lobbing another maroon grenade in?

Pete
15-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Did it cost us a lot of money? Did it cost us nothing? Personally, I think the truth might be somewhere in the middle and I don’t believe for one minute that their contract was paid up in full. Fake news.

Anyway, who cares? These sort of private arrangements happen all the time at every club but it’s rare to get people squealing and calling for “transparency” (where have we heard that before?).

Anything will do as a stick to beat the board/Farmer/Petrie with for some people. It’s getting boring.

Sammy7nil
15-02-2019, 10:39 PM
It didn't cost the club.

That is great news :aok: who broke the confidentiality clause :confused::confused:
Is it a guess or some unconfirmed rumour :confused:

Eyrie
15-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Well if the Sun is reporting it as fact then I'm inclined to believe Hibbyradge.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 11:03 PM

I agree with almost all of your post !
Apart from the outrageous abuse LD has received,@uck me ! " We're so fortunate to have someone of her stature and ability " rant over.

Never felt the need to quote one of my own posts before, but I had to so that Son of Paddy's reply to it can be compared to what I said.

I posted to say that I agreed with what LD said about the speculation and abuse … then SOP said he agreed with most of my post, apart from bit where I agreed with LD about outrageous speculation and abuse and then he goes on to construct a sentence which no matter how you read it looks like he is agreeing with my agreement with LD's opinion on the speculation and abuse.

Colour me confused :confused:

Argylehibby
15-02-2019, 11:49 PM
That comment works both ways

No it doesn't.

If Lennon was innocent and did nothing wrong I don't believe he walks away quietly. It does him more harm than it does Hibs. Hibs could offer him 12 months salary but the lack of a definitive reason for the suspension and him leaving allows speculation and rumours to linger on. Was it bullying of young players, was it homophobic comments to senior staff etc. Etc. Even receiving more than the 12 months salary comes at a cost to his reputation and I can't see him selling that.

If he was blameless he was entitled to a payout so why would he take that and stay quiet risking his reputation?

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feelingYawn....get over it...just coz you are a fan doesn't mean your entitled to our CEO breaking a legal obligation just so you don't feel left out. Grow up ...Lennon is history back the new guy in charge and let's all move on!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2019, 12:04 AM
You think NL went without his contract getting payed out!Yes I do actually as it's pretty clear to anyone with a bit of common sense he's was in breach of contract otherwise why has he walked away and said nothing but complimentary things about Hibs. As other posters have alluded...he's no shrinking violet at the best of times

Heedersnvolleys
16-02-2019, 12:16 AM
No it doesn't.

If Lennon was innocent and did nothing wrong I don't believe he walks away quietly. It does him more harm than it does Hibs. Hibs could offer him 12 months salary but the lack of a definitive reason for the suspension and him leaving allows speculation and rumours to linger on. Was it bullying of young players, was it homophobic comments to senior staff etc. Etc. Even receiving more than the 12 months salary comes at a cost to his reputation and I can't see him selling that.

If he was blameless he was entitled to a payout so why would he take that and stay quiet risking his reputation?

If he is paid to walk away quietly of course he keeps his silence. The mutual consent means he keeps his reputation intact also. What I take from this is both parties have possibly gone about things in not the best way where neither could say they were definitely in the right so mutual consent is the best option for both.

If he has done something wrong he would have simply been sacked

Sammy7nil
16-02-2019, 08:27 AM
If he is paid to walk away quietly of course he keeps his silence. The mutual consent means he keeps his reputation intact also. What I take from this is both parties have possibly gone about things in not the best way where neither could say they were definitely in the right so mutual consent is the best option for both.

If he has done something wrong he would have simply been sacked

I agree a bit but he would not have been sacked with out the need for a lot of public dirty washing, perhaps even a formal tribunal. So I would guess neither party has done everything well and there were faults and errors on both sides, hence the mutual agreement. I thought LD for the first time hinted yesterday that there was a big issue and NL had agreed to walk if it was kept under wraps. For what it is worth my opinion is he got some sort of pay off but not the full amount.

We need to let it drop and wait for the Only an Excuse sketch to deliver the facts :greengrin

Sioux
16-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Yes I do actually as it's pretty clear to anyone with a bit of common sense he's was in breach of contract otherwise why has he walked away and said nothing but complimentary things about Hibs. As other posters have alluded...he's no shrinking violet at the best of times

So anyone who might think that NL was compensated in some way for his loss of earnings has no common sense? Really?

Jack
16-02-2019, 09:02 AM

It's been made quite clear by LD and PHB that the press were writing madey up bollox during the recruitment process.

With a severance package for Neil Lennon subject to a legally binding gagging clause why would anyone give any credence to what's scrawled in the sun?

Personally I think he may have got something but maybe not. I'm not getting my knickers in a twist either way. (I'm not suggesting you are either)

HIGHLANDLEITHER
16-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Hope the hills clear your head. Maybe check out confidential agreements when you get a signal.

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 09:28 AM
No it doesn't.

Hibs have already said he was blameless in the statement which was released.

OtleyHibs
16-02-2019, 09:40 AM
We were not having a good season, NL did not seem himself to me and I think overall it was time for us to go our separate ways, although the timing with the transfer window wasn’t ideal.

In my opinion, any agreement reached would have taken compromise on both sides so I reckon both NL and GP will have received some cash but not the entire contracts, hence the word “compromise”.

Regardless, neither NL or the club are dragging it out, both moving on and speaking positively about each other and it’s time for fans to do the same. I really enjoyed most of Lennons time with us and wish him nothing but the best but now it’s all about what Heckingbottom can add and I’m quietly confident he will do well.

Sir David Gray
16-02-2019, 09:55 AM
No it doesn't.

I heard from a guy I sit next to at ER who knows someone currently employed by Hibs and it seems to have been a breakdown in the relationship between Lennon and Leeann Dempster.

It started with some dressing room unrest at full time at Fir Park and ended two days later when Dempster tried to sort out the team meeting when things got a bit heated.

Lennon apparently didn't appreciate this involvement as he saw it as his job as manager to sort out any problems within the squad. There was then an altercation between Lennon and Dempster and shortly afterwards the suspension was reported in the media.

eastcoasthibby
16-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Quite possibly, yes

Or some of it just, I think the point made about the confidentiality is key to the whole thing and means a whole lot more to Lennon than Hibs, with regards to his future earning capacity. So a gut feeling is we paid him but nothing like the full amount of his outstanding contract.

Lester B
16-02-2019, 09:57 AM

No they didn't. The statement was clearly one which was agreed as part of a Settlement Agreement. No formal disciplinary action was begun against him therefore the statement is factually correct. There's a number of trade offs when negotiating an SA. I would expect that the price of that being included was less or indeed no money being paid to Lennon.

J-C
16-02-2019, 10:00 AM
The only people dragging all this out is so called fans who care more about Lennon than the club. If the club sacked him it would all be public an Lennon would struggle to get another job right away. It'll be a small pay off and told to say nowt or the press will hear the real reasons, keeps his reputation intact, you could tell by her interview she was no huge fan of Lennon.

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2019, 10:01 AM
The only people dragging all this out is sp called fans who care more about Lennon yhan the club. If tge vlub sacked him it would aal be public an Lennon would steuggle to get another job right away. It'll be a small pay off and told to say nowt or the press will hear the real reasons, keeps his reputation intact, you could tell by her interview she was no huge fan of Lennon.

Did somebody steal some keys off your keyboard?

J-C
16-02-2019, 10:03 AM
I heard from a guy I sit next to at ER who knows someone currently employed by Hibs and it seems to have been a breakdown in the relationship between Lennon and Leeann Dempster.

It started with some dressing room unrest at full time at Fir Park and ended two days later when Dempster tried to sort out the team meeting when things got a bit heated.

Lennon apparently didn't appreciate this involvement as he saw it as his job as manager to sort out any problems within the squad. There was then an altercation between Lennon and Dempster and shortly afterwards the suspension was reported in the media.

Spot on.

J-C
16-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Did somebody steal some keys off your keyboard?

Typing on a phone with a fat thumb lol, edited now

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 10:15 AM
No they didn't. The statement was clearly one which was agreed as part of a Settlement Agreement. No formal disciplinary action was begun against him therefore the statement is factually correct. There's a number of trade offs when negotiating an SA. I would expect that the price of that being included was less or indeed no money being paid to Lennon.

This is what part of the statement said.

"Despite widespread speculation, the club confirm that neither Neil, nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, and no disciplinary process has been commenced."

Seems quite clear to me, that if they're not guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, they're entitled to be paid.

HFC93
16-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Did it cost us a lot of money? Did it cost us nothing? Personally, I think the truth might be somewhere in the middle and I don’t believe for one minute that their contract was paid up in full. Fake news.

Anyway, who cares? These sort of private arrangements happen all the time at every club but it’s rare to get people squealing and calling for “transparency” (where have we heard that before?).

Anything will do as a stick to beat the board/Farmer/Petrie with for some people. It’s getting boring.

Agreed.

Lester B
16-02-2019, 10:46 AM
This is what part of the statement said.

"Despite widespread speculation, the club confirm that neither Neil, nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, and no disciplinary process has been commenced."

Seems quite clear to me, that if they're not guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, they're entitled to be paid.

I know what the statement said.

Let's be clear. If there has been no formal disciplinary process then by definition they cannot be found guilty of anything. That doesn't mean they, or more accurately Lennon, didn't do anything; it means that there was no disciplinary meeting to explore the incident(s) and hear evidence.

It may seem quite clear to you. It doesn't mean that's what happened. Discussions took place between both parties. It was agreed that the employment relationship had broken down and would be terminated without moving to formal disciplinary action. This is reasonably common in employment. Discussions would then take place on a Without Prejudice basis on the various variables including what statement would be made in public and the level of money which would be paid if any. Both parties are seeking to protect their position in terms of reputation and so there is a negotiated settlement. To go to a potential gross misconduct dismissal airs the dirty linen in public and would I suggest reflect more badly on Lennon than the club. This is speculation I admit; we simply don't know but given the wording of the statement it's a reasonable working assumption. Therefore in simple terms he walks without full settlement of the pay for the full duration of the contract on the grounds that the club don't move to disciplinary action. He is therefore 'not guilty' because he hasn't been held to account.

Your initial assertion was that the statement said he was 'blameless'. It doesn't say that or anything like that. At all.

Mcpakeisgod
16-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Dempster has my backing . Mon the Hibees

matty_f
16-02-2019, 11:00 AM
It's been made quite clear by LD and PHB that the press were writing madey up bollox during the recruitment process.

With a severance package for Neil Lennon subject to a legally binding gagging clause why would anyone give any credence to what's scrawled in the sun?

Personally I think he may have got something but maybe not. I'm not getting my knickers in a twist either way. (I'm not suggesting you are either)

It was in an article where they'd been speaking directly to Lennon. The info about the wages being paid up wasn't quoted but it's not a huge leap to understand where they got that info from.

What's in it for the papers to make that up?

Eyrie
16-02-2019, 11:24 AM
It was in an article where they'd been speaking directly to Lennon. The info about the wages being paid up wasn't quoted but it's not a huge leap to understand where they got that info from.

What's in it for the papers to make that up?
Because their speculation that there was a pay off will satisfy the Celtc half of their target audience.

And because there is a settlement agreement which means the truth about the pay out will never be publicly known, so their speculation can't be contradicted. Not that reporting the truth is a major concern for either the Record or Sun.

Lester B
16-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Because their speculation that there was a pay off will satisfy the Celtc half of their target audience.

And because there is a settlement agreement which means the truth about the pay out will never be publicly known, so their speculation can't be contradicted. Not that reporting the truth is a major concern for either the Record or Sun.

Spot on!!

Hibiza
16-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Hen? Oh Lordy... aye , poor. :flag:

judas
16-02-2019, 11:37 AM

I have to admit, I think we are entitled to more of an explanation that we have had from Hibs.

I was not Lennons biggest fan (though I certainly wouldn’t say he was a bad Manager), but right now, who is to say that the reason for this entire debacle is not actually something outrageously reckless Leanne said or did?

In such a situation, we as customers and patrons of the club are left carrying the baby. It could be that our money and aspirations for the club are in the hands of a tyrannical bully who has lost the place.

Now - before anyone goes tonto, my judgement is that Leanne is probably the one in the right. But my point is; who knows? Perhaps the club should simply trust the supporters with the information and let them be better informed for it?

What would happen under a fan ownership scenario? (That’s an actual question btw not a rhetorical one)

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Let's be clear. If there has been no formal disciplinary process then by definition they cannot be found guilty of anything. That doesn't mean they, or more accurately Lennon, didn't do anything; it means that there was no disciplinary meeting to explore the incident(s) and hear evidence.

It may seem quite clear to you. It doesn't mean that's what happened. Discussions took place between both parties. It was agreed that the employment relationship had broken down and would be terminated without moving to formal disciplinary action. This is reasonably common in employment. Discussions would then take place on a Without Prejudice basis on the various variables including what statement would be made in public and the level of money which would be paid if any. Both parties are seeking to protect their position in terms of reputation and so there is a negotiated settlement. To go to a potential gross misconduct dismissal airs the dirty linen in public and would I suggest reflect more badly on Lennon than the club. This is speculation I admit; we simply don't know but given the wording of the statement it's a reasonable working assumption. Therefore in simple terms he walks without full settlement of the pay for the full duration of the contract on the grounds that the club don't move to disciplinary action. He is therefore 'not guilty' because he hasn't been held to account.

Your initial assertion was that the statement said he was 'blameless'. It doesn't say that or anything like that. At all.

Your post asserts so much, I suppose that's why it's on the speculation thread.

I also used the word blameless, as it pretty much covers all that was in the hibs statement. The definition of blameless uses words such as, innocent, irreproachable, without guilt, and so on.

We're not going to agree who was right and wrong on this subject, safe to say none of them come out smelling of roses.

A Hi-Bee
16-02-2019, 11:55 AM

Speculation and or unsubstantiated fact, innuendo call it what you like in my book is the same as a few auld wifeys hanging over the washing line chirping away about rumours and or gossip. Which can be dangerous in this day and age of so called social media/fake news. Better to just keep yer mouth shut in cases like that. Some time Hibs business is just Hibs business and nothing to do with nosey supporters with a false sense of entitlement. It’s a wee bit like whining kids on here at times. All just my own opinion of course.

:greengrin

Lester B
16-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Your post asserts so much, I suppose that's why it's on the speculation thread. It's not just speculation on my part. It comes from an informed perspective. I'm a full time trade union official. I've negotiated SAs for members where they are in trouble and for members where the employer is in the wrong. I regularly do disciplinary hearings, appeal hearings including dismissals, advise on mediation, early conciliation through ACAS and Tribunals. Anything I assert comes from experience of working in this area for the last 15 years

I also used the word blameless, as it pretty much covers all that was in the hibs statement. Words such as, innocent, irreproachable, without guilt, and so on. Looking up synonyms for blameless does not constitute making up a case for your intial assertion that the statement says he was blameless. No formal disciplinary action was taken. It is not the same as saying as he wasn't to blame for anthing. It was a pragmatic decision to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution by the club and it was the best option in the circumstances

We're not going to agree who was right and wrong on this subject, safe to say none of them come out smelling of roses. Clearly not. But again I have to stress; it's not just speculation on my part. If you work in Employment Relations you can spot an agreed statement as part of an SA when you see it. This is a textbook example of one. No one comes out of these incidents unscathed but as I've now said on a number of threads this was by far the best outcome to the situation or by far the least bad if you prefer. I cannot find a better resolution to this and would be genuinely interested if anyone can suggest something different that should have been done.

tamig
16-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Speculation and or unsubstantiated fact, innuendo call it what you like in my book is the same as a few auld wifeys hanging over the washing line chirping away about rumours and or gossip. Which can be dangerous in this day and age of so called social media/fake news. Better to just keep yer mouth shut in cases like that. Some time Hibs business is just Hibs business and nothing to do with nosey supporters with a false sense of entitlement. It’s a wee bit like whining kids on here at times. All just my own opinion of course.

:greengrin

Nosey supporters with a false sense of entitlement is exactly what they are. Many of them who have bemoaned the lack of communication from the club over the past few weeks have been very quiet over the past few days. Very sad behaviour.

ancient hibee
16-02-2019, 12:25 PM
I have to admit, I think we are entitled to more of an explanation that we have had from Hibs.

I was not Lennons biggest fan (though I certainly wouldn’t say he was a bad Manager), but right now, who is to say that the reason for this entire debacle is not actually something outrageously reckless Leanne said or did?

In such a situation, we as customers and patrons of the club are left carrying the baby. It could be that our money and aspirations for the club are in the hands of a tyrannical bully who has lost the place.

Now - before anyone goes tonto, my judgement is that Leanne is probably the one in the right. But my point is; who knows? Perhaps the club should simply trust the supporters with the information and let them be better informed for it?

What would happen under a fan ownership scenario? (That’s an actual question btw not a rhetorical one)
If she was to blame it would be her who would have left the club not Lennon .

Hibbyradge
16-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Lennon on BT sport in the morning with Savage and Sutton. Expect him to confirm that Hibbyradge has the detail on the split and the journalists are all making stuff up.

Presumably they ducked the question?

Bostonhibby
16-02-2019, 12:41 PM
It's not just speculation on my part. It comes from an informed perspective. I'm a full time trade union official. I've negotiated SAs for members where they are in trouble and for members where the employer is in the wrong. I regularly do disciplinary hearings, appeal hearings including dismissals, advise on mediation, early conciliation through ACAS and Tribunals. Anything I assert comes from experience of working in this area for the last 15 years

Looking up synonyms for blameless does not constitute making up a case for your intial assertion that the statement says he was blameless. No formal disciplinary action was taken. It is not the same as saying as he wasn't to blame for anthing. It was a pragmatic decision to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution by the club and it was the best option in the circumstances

Clearly not. But again I have to stress; it's not just speculation on my part. If you work in Employment Relations you can spot an agreed statement as part of an SA when you see it. This is a textbook example of one. No one comes out of these incidents unscathed but as I've now said on a number of threads this was by far the best outcome to the situation or by far the least bad if you prefer. I cannot find a better resolution to this and would be genuinely interested if anyone can suggest something different that should have been done.I've been on the other side of these arrangements quite a few times down the years and you are essentially right in what you say.

The specifics of why Hibs and Neil came to one probably don't matter and we're unlikely to find out any time soon but the essence of any agreement is there's usually a reason why both sides want to do it that way. Sometimes it offers the individual a quick, economic and honourable way out.This tends not to happen when there's a gross breach / breaches or there's real acrimony involved.

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Presumably they ducked the question?

I’ve not seen it - recorded for later.

One Day Soon
16-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Started out as a quite promising thread with an OP of spectacular self-immolating stupidity and has now descended back into the same single transferable debate that's been dragging .net down for weeks now.

Hope Haagen-Dazs gets off to a flier in his first game in charge today so that all the backward lookers, the undercovers and the trolls have nowt left to say.

Bostonhibby
16-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Started out as a quite promising thread with an OP of spectacular self-immolating stupidity and has now descended back into the same single transferable debate that's been dragging .net down for weeks now.

Hope Haagen-Dazs gets off to a flier in his first game in charge today so that all the backward lookers, the undercovers and the trolls have nowt left to say.[emoji106]

Hibbyradge
16-02-2019, 12:52 PM

It was a joint statement.

I'm not sure why people ignore it, but it clearly says that Lennon's suspension was only lifted after the two parties made the agreement.

The suspension would not have been lifted and the disciplinary investigation into Lennon's behaviour would have continued otherwise.

It was in Lennon's interest to make the agreement more than it was Hibs'.

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2019, 12:55 PM

I'm not sure why people ignore it, but it clearly says that Lennon's suspension was only lifted after the two parties made the agreement.

The suspension would not have been lifted and the disciplinary investigation into Lennon's behaviour would have continued otherwise.

It was in our interest as well - we couldn’t get a new manager until we got rid.

Lester B
16-02-2019, 01:00 PM
I've been on the other side of these arrangements quite a few times down the years and you are essentially right in what you say.

The specifics of why Hibs and Neil came to one probably don't matter and we're unlikely to find out any time soon but the essence of any agreement is there's usually a reason why both sides want to do it that way. Sometimes it offers the individual a quick, economic and honourable way out.This tends not to happen when there's a gross breach / breaches or there's real acrimony involved.

Thanks. Done SAs all over the UK but never in Lincolnshire. Otherwise we might have been doing the same one on opposite sides of the table!

Lester B
16-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Exactly. More succinct than what I wrote. In a nutshell there sir :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
16-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Thanks. Done SAs all over the UK but never in Lincolnshire. Otherwise we might have been doing the same one on opposite sides of the table!As we're from the Hibs universe we'd not have been far apart[emoji106]

Lincs was a good bolt hole from all the crap further south. Never got into any disputes with anyone down here, professionally anyway[emoji6]

CLASS OF 72 -73
16-02-2019, 01:18 PM
We have no choice but to move on but I can't help thinking there would have been an absolute major uproar had this happened when Lennon was riding high. Fact is he was on the slide and his loose cannon temperament they found a way to get shot without jeopardising his future prospects so most of us are prepared to accept its ok the way they both went. The days of verbal abuse in the dressing room and training ground and forgotten about the next day are gone. LD is very corporate and follows those business guidelines.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2019, 01:20 PM
It was in our interest as well - we couldn’t get a new manager until we got rid.

Of course Hibs preferred to get it over with quickly, but it was the club who had the strongest hand.

It removed the need to interview players to build evidence, and it avoided any possibility of a messy tribunal which would have been even more embarrassing for the club.

But, superficially at least, it saved Lennon's reputation.

I say superficially because it reads almost like one of those carefully constructed references which looks effusive and glowing but actually ensures that the subject will never get another job.

LeithMike
16-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Think it's a bit cheeky of Hibs complaining about speculation when they've not put out any information. If you are going to keep things in house then you have to accept that there will be conspiracy theories. If you dont like that then you need to put the information out to correct it. Simple choice really.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Lester B
16-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Think it's a bit cheeky of Hibs complaining about speculation when they've not put out any information. If you are going to keep things in house then you have to accept that there will be conspiracy theories. If you dont like that then you need to put the information out to correct it. Simple choice really.

What information should have been put out in your opinion? And what do you think the effect of this information would have been on how things panned out?

Lester B
16-02-2019, 01:36 PM
As we're from the Hibs universe we'd not have been far apart[emoji106]

Lincs was a good bolt hole from all the crap further south. Never got into any disputes with anyone down here, professionally anyway[emoji6]

Nice one!

Clearly your last two words are key:wink:

J-C
16-02-2019, 01:44 PM
What information should have been put out in your opinion? And what do you think the effect of this information would have been on how things panned out?

Did they expect Hibs to put out a statement saying " Lennon has made a **** of himself and called Leeann a ****, therefore we've suspended him."

Lennon overstepped the mark again once to often and paid with his job, the club and Lennon want to move on quickly, so a quick resolution is to just tear up his contract and part ways, how people cannot see this is beyond me.

green day
16-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Just because the press and the twittersphere dont like a vacuum and makes up stories is not Hibs or Lennons fault - both of whom are bound by a confidentiality agreement.

I struggle to work out how some people cant see this as its quite a simple concept....................

Northern Hibby
16-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Maybe he agreed to take less money if we kept "schtum" Lennon has the reputation of being a fiery hot head not Leeann, mutual means it benefited both, i have no proof but i'd say Lennon saved face and we saved money.

judas
16-02-2019, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;5711846]Did they expect Hibs to put out a statement saying " Lennon has made a **** of himself and called Leeann a ****, therefore we've suspended him."
/QUOTE]

Why not?

NOLA
16-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Brian I think leeann just shut you down [emoji441] [emoji23]

LeithMike
16-02-2019, 04:08 PM
What information should have been put out in your opinion? And what do you think the effect of this information would have been on how things panned out?I dont know enough to say what information should have been released but you cant come out with a statement that your manager hasn't been sacked and hasn't resigned without inviting some form of speculation. In my view, if you don't come out with the truth then you have to accept the speculation. You can't have your cake and eat it.

WestCoastHibby
16-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Right, I've been away 24 hrs and I've certainly put the cat among the pigeons.
There's a right bunch of sensitive wee souls here who in my opinion are complete hypocrites.
I regret the use of the word "hen" and admit it was slightly patronising about a well rounded experienced business lady who has proved herself as a very positive influence at Easter rd.
Is it because she's female (and you'd think I'd insulted your mums, sisters, aunties) that she gets an easy ride from so many? She's not exempt constructive criticism. Many in here have given Rod Petrie dogs abuse for years , is that fair on him?
I just made a point that some are thinking and that's that it's all been a bit cloak and dagger.
Just an opinion. I'm allowed those am I not.
I absolutely wish the new management all the best and am very positive about the remainder of the season.
And before the insults arrive about having sobered up. I don't drink.

HappyAsHellas
16-02-2019, 05:30 PM
The same clowns that have hounded Petrie for years are starting to target Leeann as well. The best board we've had in god knows how long and some people still want to grind their axes in an exercise in futility who's only seeming objective is to have a dig at the club. Thankfully they are very much in the minority and only have one gorilla suit to share amongst themselves.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 05:32 PM
There's a right bunch of sensitive wee souls here who in my opinion are complete hypocrites.
I regret the use of the word "hen" and admit it was slightly patronising about a well rounded experienced business lady who has proved herself as a very positive influence at Easter rd.
Is it because she's female (and you'd think I'd insulted your mums, sisters, aunties) that she gets an easy ride from so many? She's not exempt constructive criticism. Many in here have given Rod Petrie dogs abuse for years , is that fair on him?
I just made a point that some are thinking and that's that it's all been a bit cloak and dagger.
I absolutely wish the new management all the best and am very positive about the remainder of the season.

'Hen' isn't patronising at all, IMHO. It's ubiquitous in Scotland, along with doll, darlin' etc. Nae need to change the form of address because of job description. It's a friendly form of reference.

The Leith Dutch
16-02-2019, 06:48 PM

1) The speculation was outrageous - plenty on here and elsewhere talking about stuff they had zero evidence to back up and that painted the club in a bad light.
Personally think she's every right to come out and say that.

2) "Hen". Really? She's a top executive in an area that's even more male dominated than most of the rest rather than someone posting on a forum after a sniff of the brewers apron.
And no, I'm not accusing you of Sexism, just of being patronising.

3) You're right - we're "paying customers" and, as in any other business, we're not entitled to know anything about contractual or disciplinary matters with staff of that business.

4) "Stiffed" - what do you define as stiffed? The time came for Hibs and Lennon to part ways and as is the case with almost every business when they part company with a member of senior management there's a pay off. The fact that you don't like that is irrelevant. It's how business works.

allmodcons
16-02-2019, 06:55 PM
'Hen' isn't patronising at all, IMHO. It's ubiquitous in Scotland, along with doll, darlin' etc. Nae need to change the form of address because of job description. It's a friendly form of reference.

Are you male or female? I'm guessing male :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 07:02 PM
1) The speculation was outrageous - plenty on here and elsewhere talking about stuff they had zero evidence to back up and that painted the club in a bad light.
Personally think she's every right to come out and say that.

2) "Hen". Really? She's a top executive in an area that's even more male dominated than most of the rest rather than someone posting on a forum after a sniff of the brewers apron.
And no, I'm not accusing you of Sexism, just of being patronising.

3) You're right - we're "paying customers" and, as in any other business, we're not entitled to know anything about contractual or disciplinary matters with staff of that business.

4) "Stiffed" - what do you define as stiffed? The time came for Hibs and Lennon to part ways and as is the case with almost every business when they part company with a member of senior management there's a pay off. The fact that you don't like that is irrelevant. It's how business works.

Disagree with both points in bold. Nothing patronising with hen, as I said above; and, secondly, being a football fan is nothing like being a 'customer'. I don't see supporting a football team as a financial exchange. I expect nothing in return; I am not buying a product and will not change 'brands' when I'm not happy with results. It's a completely different relationship.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Are you male or female? I'm guessing male :wink:

Very male, but no sexist pig; just the opposite. However, whether it's a female CEO or cleaner makes no difference: hen isn't derogatory any more than son is. It's only derogatory if deemed acceptable for some but not others. It's use should not be dependent upon social class or job status.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Has anyone said you're not allowed an opinion?

I think you also need to find out what constructive criticism is.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Very male, but no sexist pig; just the opposite. However, whether it's a female CEO or cleaner makes no difference: hen isn't derogatory any more than son is. It's only derogatory if deemed acceptable for some but not others. It's use should not be dependent upon social class or job status.

If someone called me son in the context of that post I would find it painting, and I'm certain that the use of hen is both patronising and sexist, so I will respectfully disagree with you.

allmodcons
16-02-2019, 07:25 PM

"Hen' in the context of the OP was 'at best' patronising.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with anybody referring to my wife as Hen or Doll and, frankly, neither would she.

worcesterhibby
16-02-2019, 07:29 PM
My head doesn't zip up the back,

is it Velcro then?

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 07:32 PM
If someone called me son in the context of that post I would find it painting, and I'm certain that the use of hen is both patronising and sexist, so I will respectfully disagree with you.

Fair enough, Matty. I consider myself as 'politically correct' as they come, but I don't think of 'hen' or 'son' as attempts to demean, rather 'you're one of us'. I never get offended when someone calls me son.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 07:35 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with anybody referring to my wife as Hen or Doll and, frankly, neither would she.

Must admit I use those terms to just about every woman I meet, but not in any superior way. Just the opposite in fact.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 07:39 PM

I didn't agree with the OP but I think you're taking that too far.

If the context made it obvious that it was 'patronising', then fair-dos, but it's quite a common word used by people al over Scotland, male or female, with no malice intended.

allmodcons
16-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Must admit I use those terms to just about every woman I meet, but not in any superior way. Just the opposite in fact.

In fairness, I think it might be a regional thing around dialect, however, in the context of the OP the term 'hen' was for me patronising.

For what it's worth, I don't doubt you're not sexist H&A.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 07:46 PM
In fairness, I think it might be a regional thing around dialect, however, in the context of the OP the term 'hen' was for me patronising.

:aok:

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 07:59 PM
:singing:

If you wanna be the best,
if you wanna beat the rest,
oh-oh-oh,
spec-u-lation's what you need!

:singing:

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:04 PM

Bit in bold. If there has been no formal disciplinary process which came to a conclusion, then by definition, nothing serious enough happened to trigger it, or nothing happened at all.

You also seem to be alluding that the disciplinary matters were all in one direction, and against Lennon. Who's to say it wasn't Lennon taking Dempster to task on her behaviour? And in doing so, thought that he couldn't work alongside her anymore. I hope your mind is not closed when you go onto panels.:greengrin

There may have been counter claims about what occurred, and as such, Rod, who oversaw the proceedings decided he was backing Dempster, and paid up both parties IN FULL.

matty_f
16-02-2019, 08:09 PM

I second that, by the way.

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:15 PM
It's not just speculation on my part. It comes from an informed perspective. I'm a full time trade union official. I've negotiated SAs for members where they are in trouble and for members where the employer is in the wrong. I regularly do disciplinary hearings, appeal hearings including dismissals, advise on mediation, early conciliation through ACAS and Tribunals. Anything I assert comes from experience of working in this area for the last 15 years

I'm glad theirs still someone out there working for others. Well done:aok: Keep an open mind though.

Looking up synonyms for blameless does not constitute making up a case for your intial assertion that the statement says he was blameless. No formal disciplinary action was taken. It is not the same as saying as he wasn't to blame for anthing. It was a pragmatic decision to pursue Alternative Dispute Resolution by the club and it was the best option in the circumstances

You've holmed in on one word, which kind of covers all that Hibs said about Neil, and Garry. Cheers.:aok:

Clearly not. But again I have to stress; it's not just speculation on my part. If you work in Employment Relations you can spot an agreed statement as part of an SA when you see it. This is a textbook example of one. No one comes out of these incidents unscathed but as I've now said on a number of threads this was by far the best outcome to the situation or by far the least bad if you prefer. I cannot find a better resolution to this and would be genuinely interested if anyone can suggest something different that should have been done.

As I've said, I'm glad someone is still sticking it the employers, however, working in Employment relations didn't give you an insight into the comings and goings at East Mains, unless, of course you work there, and although you may think that you see something which others don't, unless you have clear and unambiguous facts to share, it's just an opinion, like others on here.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 08:22 PM
I second that, by the way.

:aok:

I'm all for equality in all forms and have no time for any kind of prejudice, including sexism. I just don't think that saying hen or doll equates to male superiority in many contexts, though I don't doubt it can be used in such a way. Context is all.

Lester B
16-02-2019, 08:26 PM
As I've said, I'm glad someone is still sticking it the employers, however, working in Employment relations didn't give you an insight into the comings and goings at East Mains, unless, of course you work there, and although you may think that you see something which others don't, unless you have clear and unambiguous facts to share, it's just an opinion, like others on here.

Ah the classic 'you weren't there' aka my ignorance of the subject equals your knowledge of said subject. And followed by the 'it's just your opinion.'. There are dozens of things I know little about and no doubt you know more about some of those subjects. But your post just above this one in response to me shows you know nothing of this subject at all. I've no wish to argue further; too depressing frankly

I'm off to show the dog a card trick

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Ah the classic 'you weren't there' aka my ignorance of the subject equals your knowledge of said subject. And followed by the 'it's just your opinion.'. There are dozens of things I know little about and no doubt you know more about some of those subjects. But your post just above this one in response to me shows you know nothing of this subject at all. I've no wish to argue further; too depressing frankly

I'm off to show the dog a card trick

Oh jeez,

It's your opinion FFS Nothing more, nothing less.

Get over yourself.

jdships
16-02-2019, 08:40 PM
The same clowns that have hounded Petrie for years are starting to target Leeann as well. The best board we've had in god knows how long and some people still want to grind their axes in an exercise in futility who's only seeming objective is to have a dig at the club. Thankfully they are very much in the minority and only have one gorilla suit to share amongst themselves.

Well said . agree totally with what you write :flag:
So much ' Fake News' been spewed out by those in the know over the past few weeks has been absolutely ridiculous .
Well done the Lady 10/10
:hibees:flag::thumbsup:

Lester B
16-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Oh jeez,

It's your opinion FFS Nothing more, nothing less.

Get over yourself.

Me?

I'm blameless :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Me?

I'm blameless :rolleyes:

Yes you.

Signed, The accuser.:aok:

Lester B
16-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Yes you.

Signed, The accuser.:aok:

Irony is someting that happens to other people isn't it? :na na:

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Irony is someting that happens to other people isn't it? :na na:

I've no idea what someting is, but whatever you say :wink:

Have a guid week end. :aok:

Lester B
16-02-2019, 09:27 PM
I've no idea what someting is, but whatever you say :wink:

Have a guid week end. :aok:

Ah a typo. Naughty Lester!!

You really holmed [sic] in their [sic]. See #171

Weekend is one word by the way.

Been a joy sparring with you sir. Light relief after the week I've had.

You're none the wiser but I hope you are better informed. :wink::greengrin

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Maybe Mary Doll would have been more appropriate👄

ronaldo7
16-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Ah a typo. Naughty Lester!!

You really holmed [sic] in their [sic]. See #171

Weekend is one word by the way.

Been a joy sparring with you sir. Light relief after the week I've had.

You're none the wiser but I hope you are better informed. :wink::greengrin

Naughty Leicester. 😂

Jim44
16-02-2019, 09:45 PM

Hope your feeling a wee bit better tonight. Chin up.

malcolm
16-02-2019, 10:12 PM
If there has been no formal disciplinary process which came to a conclusion, then by definition, nothing serious enough happened to trigger it, or nothing happened at all.

You also seem to be alluding that the disciplinary matters were all in one direction, and against Lennon. Who's to say it wasn't Lennon taking Dempster to task on her behaviour? And in doing so, thought that he couldn't work alongside her anymore. I hope your mind is not closed when you go onto panels.:greengrin

There may have been counter claims about what occurred, and as such, Rod, who oversaw the proceedings decided he was backing Dempster, and paid up both parties IN FULL.

No and no.. there is nothing requiring by definition that a formal process must either begin, continue or conclude because of the existence of something deemed somehow by someone as ‘serious.’

An agreement was come to that meant it never got that far. That does not in anyway mean that nothing happened or that neither party thought it serious. All it means is that both parties agreed to part saying nothing.

Looking at it with an objective lens it would seem it was done in the best interests of the club and I’m of the view it cost the club little or nothing financially to do so. That makes sense in the circumstances. I think it foolish to think it paid in full:wink:

You suggest that Lennon May have been the aggrieved party. You say ‘who is to say?’ Maybe only you or it’s someone’s new conspiracy theory scenario to paint the club in a bad light. Actually it it not impossible but I doubt you really believe that as it really does not make sense since the club suspended the manager and only lifted it as a result of the deal.

That of course meant any conduct was brushed under the carpet (I’m sure Rod’s marvellous moustache came in handy) no matter how it may have been categorised. I doubt the hush cost Hibs money but that is my reasonable interpretation with no axe to grind or forelock to tug.

Green_one
17-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Maybe he agreed to take less money if we kept "schtum" Lennon has the reputation of being a fiery hot head not Leeann, mutual means it benefited both, i have no proof but i'd say Lennon saved face and we saved money.

Basically both parties reached a position that as you say is mutually acceptable, which they formally agreed. What a lot of people who either do not understand that simple position or have reasons of their own to deliberately 'not understand', is that once the agreement is in place you will destroy it by communicating beyond the agreed parameters.

So those who 'demand to know more' basically think we should rip up the agreement and take the costs, risks and damage that is involved to all parties? It is not their call and fortunately they are not leading Hibs. Even if you wanted to do it for 'Hibs reasons' would it be best for Lennon? Probably not. Just because you want to know does not mean you should. In this case you simply cannot. The only guys who would really benefit are the press, who are creating lies to try to sell stories.

SON OF PADDY
17-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Basically both parties reached a position that as you say is mutually acceptable, which they formally agreed. What a lot of people who either do not understand that simple position or have reasons of their own to deliberately 'not understand', is that once the agreement is in place you will destroy it by communicating beyond the agreed parameters.

So those who 'demand to know more' basically think we should rip up the agreement and take the costs, risks and damage that is involved to all parties? It is not their call and fortunately they are not leading Hibs. Even if you wanted to do it for 'Hibs reasons' would it be best for Lennon? Probably not. Just because you want to know does not mean you should. In this case you simply cannot. The only guys who would really benefit are the press, who are creating lies to try to sell stories.

Great post. 👏👏👏