PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke

h18eeynick
15-02-2019, 01:07 PM
I am on this site daily but rarely ever post a message. Think we dodged a bullet in not going for Steve Clarke - turning in to a grumpy old man and the Steve Clarke show! Great manager but does he need the attitude to go with it ! I had the utmost respectfor him until the last few weeks

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 01:13 PM
I am on this site daily but rarely ever post a message. Think we dodged a bullet in not going for Steve Clarke - turning in to a grumpy old man and the Steve Clarke show! Great manager but does he need the attitude to go with it ! I had the utmost respectfor him until the last few weeks
For complaining about what? The Scottish football authorities? All power too him - I wish Hibs would call them out more than they do frankly.....

green day
15-02-2019, 01:17 PM
For complaining about what? The Scottish football authorities? All power too him - I wish Hibs would call them out more than they do frankly.....

He didnt complain about the authorities.

However, dont miss an opportunity to slag off Hibs :aok:

ETA - he did moan 2 weeks ago, but nothing more than Lennon has said about consistency in refs...........

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 01:23 PM

ETA - he did moan 2 weeks ago, but nothing more than Lennon has said about consistency in refs...........
He does complain about the authorities. And if you are asserting that I complain about Hibs regularly then show me the posts. Stupid and baseless comment.

h18eeynick
15-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Sorry guys but not looking to start arguments ! No it is more about his players and players he comments upon about other teams. Latest one is his comments about Power and the fury vented against him

My_Wife_Camille
15-02-2019, 01:31 PM

:agree: some people just can’t wait to stick the boot into the club

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2019, 01:33 PM

I guess you've only heard of him since coming to Killie. He has never been one for winning any comedy awards. Well done for him telling how it is.

Mick O'Rourke
15-02-2019, 01:35 PM
3 cheers for "grumpy old men" managing football clubs.
Ned springs to mind and he didn't do too bad !
Fergie coud be "icy" as well.

Sylar
15-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Sorry guys but not looking to start arguments ! No it is more about his players and players he comments upon about other teams. Latest one is his comments about Power and the fury vented against him

While I've no doubt some of the hysteria around Power is well OTT from those of an orange and blue persuasion, his "tackle" was utterly ridiculous and should have been a red all day long.

Clarke's making himself look like a bit of a tit recently with some of his comments in the media. I know he responds to questions asked, but his reaction to the multiple instances of Jordan Jones diving compared to the Power incident says it all. He's quick to defend referees and their decisions when they benefit, but they're all the *******s under the sun when they penalise his players.

I've heard murmerings of other reasons we might be glad he wasn't appointed as a manager, but given how much bull**** can fly around in Scottish Football circles, I won't add any fuel to rumours that could be utter hocum.

MrSmith
15-02-2019, 01:44 PM
He is Bobby Williamson to me hence why not for me. Doing great for Killie though.

h18eeynick
15-02-2019, 01:52 PM
While I've no doubt some of the hysteria around Power is well OTT from those of an orange and blue persuasion, his "tackle" was utterly ridiculous and should have been a red all day long.

Clarke's making himself look like a bit of a tit recently with some of his comments in the media. I know he responds to questions asked, but his reaction to the multiple instances of Jordan Jones diving compared to the Power incident says it all. He's quick to defend referees and their decisions when they benefit, but they're all the *******s under the sun when they penalise his players.

I've heard murmerings of other reasons we might be glad he wasn't appointed as a manager, but given how much bull**** can fly around in Scottish Football circles, I won't add any fuel to rumours that could be utter hocum.

Excellent reply . Well balanced and agree totally

h18eeynick
15-02-2019, 01:54 PM

I work beside a guy who's son is the physio at Killie and no rumours coming out from there

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Think you've got the wrong guy here. :wink:

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 02:04 PM

Think you've got the wrong guy here. :wink:
Cheers mate. I do enough wrong already that I don't need to be accused of the crimes of others......:greengrin

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Most of the managers moan.
Probably best ignored.
Almost every interview with managers and players is a tedious bore of moaning and cliches.

Clarke's team has been fantastic since he came in and this is the only thing worth judging him on.

green day
15-02-2019, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5711093]
Cheers mate. I do enough wrong already that I don't need to be accused of the crimes of others......:greengrin

Ok, perhaps I got wrong end of stick. Apologies 👍

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=HoboHarry;5711098]

Ok, perhaps I got wrong end of stick. Apologies 👍
:aok:

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Dodged a bullet? :faf:

Do you think anyone would give a toss if we'd had their results this season and last? I dont give a toss what any of them say, even ours, so i'm not about to get annoyed now on any gripe he has or even Gerrard who's been mumping and moaning in the press recently.

As Barry Robin Maurice and Ronan once said, its only words.

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Interviewing Steve Clarke must feel like "walking on eggshells".

His demeanour is surly and sour faced and it's almost like he's ready to pounce on or bite the interviewer.

A lot of his responses are monosyllabic and come across as "grudging".

How he gets the best out of his players completely baffles me...unless he is a "Jekkyl and Hyde" character.

brianmc
15-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Do you think anyone would give a toss if we'd had their results this season and last? I dont give a toss what any of them say, even ours, so i'm not about to get annoyed now on any gripe he has or even Gerrard who's been mumping and moaning in the press recently.

Whilst I think "dodged a bullet" is perhaps a bit strong here's a couple of questions:
How would this messageboard respond to a Hibs manager defending Jones' WATP tweet?

Or the (if he was a Hibs player) ongoing Kris Boyd fiasco, where a player contracted to one club spends almost all his spare time commenting in print and on TV about his first love (the rangers) - even missing his own Club's games to be a pundit at one of theirs??
I'm guessing most on here wouldn't be saying: Good old Clarkey eh.

silverhibee
15-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Interviewing Steve Clarke must feel like "walking on eggshells".

His demeanour is surly and sour faced and it's almost like he's ready to pounce on or bite the interviewer.

A lot of his responses are monosyllabic and come across as "grudging".

How he gets the best out of his players completely baffles me...unless he is a "Jekkyl and Hyde" character.

At least he does the interviews :wink: :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Has the charsima of a bag of sawdust, but he's done a great job there.

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 06:25 PM
At least he does the interviews :wink: :greengrin

:wink:

CathroMustStay
15-02-2019, 06:35 PM
I respect Clarke.

Substance over style.

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Has the charsima of a bag of sawdust, but he's done a great job there.

:tee hee::tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Whilst I think "dodged a bullet" is perhaps a bit strong here's a couple of questions:
How would this messageboard respond to a Hibs manager defending Jones' WATP tweet?

It would go beserk, only joking i dont give a toss.

Or the (if he was a Hibs player) ongoing Kris Boyd fiasco, where a player contracted to one club spends almost all his spare time commenting in print and on TV about his first love (the rangers)

Does he, i have no idea how much spare time he has or how much time he spends working for BT.

- even missing his own Club's games to be a pundit at one of theirs??

I did not know about this, what were the circumstances?

I'm guessing most on here wouldn't be saying: Good old Clarkey eh.

:confused:

brianmc
15-02-2019, 06:56 PM
:confused:

Ah.... More research required from you then.

h18eeynick
15-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Each to their own I guess . I was trying to have an educated discussion but your response with laughing man is more childhood playground . I must be on the wrong site stating my opinion .

O'Rourke3
15-02-2019, 08:51 PM
:confused:I can help with the game missed. He was suspended so did TV. He didn't phone in sick then get caught in the crowd....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BH1875
15-02-2019, 09:41 PM
I’m still baffled as to why Ian cathro was completely dismissed by us. Wasn’t given a fair chance at hearts and is a coach with loads of potential

Northernhibee
15-02-2019, 09:47 PM
I’m still baffled as to why Ian cathro was completely dismissed by us. Wasn’t given a fair chance at hearts and is a coach with loads of potential

Aye, as a pie stand assistant.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2019, 05:19 AM

A LTYF moment if ever I saw one :greengrin

You will need to troll much better than that.