PDA

View Full Version : Dot Count for Hamilton game

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 02:04 PM
No point.
Not many tickets available in the 3 home stands other than in Section 45 in the East (next to South stand).
Only Section 26 open at the moment in the South and not many tickets left in there other than in the first few rows which are pants.
No doubt they will open Section 27 in the south tomorrow for walk ups.

Any of you guys or gals going to be walk ups tomorrow?

JXM73
15-02-2019, 02:14 PM
FF lower will still be half full...

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 02:20 PM

There will certainly be the usual 150 empty seats :rolleyes:

Shrekko
15-02-2019, 02:39 PM
There will certainly be the usual 150 empty seats :rolleyes:

Be great if it was just that.

Hopefully a good crowd though. Pretty important game.

Real Emerald
15-02-2019, 02:43 PM
The weathers looking good too, no excuses really if you can make it.

Gettin' Auld
15-02-2019, 02:56 PM
People don't need an excuse. Attendance isn't compulsory.

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Just been on my daily trip to Arthurs Seat.
Looked down on our lovely sun bathed stadium.
24 hours till kick off.

Real Emerald
15-02-2019, 03:09 PM

Of course it isn’t, people can do what they want but if you fancy getting down to the stadium and giving the team and new manager a bit of backing, at least it’s going to be a nice day for it!

Juniper Greens
15-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Me and five others are going down to see Villa this weekend and cheer on SJM

jodjam
15-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Missing the Hecks first game. Hopefully give them a doing

Nameless
15-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Can "walk ups" pay at a cash gate, or do they need to queue at the pods? Do the gate/pod take card payment?

Woke up this morning in the mood to take the wee man to the game, but I've no access to a printer so can't go that route.

Cheers

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Hospitality tomorrow Edinburgh Suite Gold for me and my two sons 😁
Christmas presents from the ladies 😘
Will seem funny not sitting in my usual seat in the west lower!
Been practising all week 🎼Hibernian,Hibernian ra ra ra🎵🎶

GGTTH

Ryan91
15-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Can "walk ups" pay at a cash gate, or do they need to queue at the pods? Do the gate/pod take card payment?

Woke up this morning in the mood to take the wee man to the game, but I've no access to a printer so can't go that route.

Cheers

Think the tickets are emailed to you and can be scanned from your phone's screen.

If you are a walk up you have to go via the Pods, probably will take card payment

Nameless
15-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Think the tickets are emailed to you and can be scanned from your phone's screen.

If you are a walk up you have to go via the Pods, probably will take card paymentCheers buddy.

Tornadoes70
15-02-2019, 04:50 PM

It is if you want to call yourself an actual 'supporter'. Unless folk can't make it they should be turning up every home game and vocally cheering on the team.

Let's get behind the club as much as we possibly can. Sounds as if it will be a very decent turnout.

Well done to all who continue to support the club by turning out consistently. Good on you :aok:. Fervently hope we get a win tomorrow to cheer us all up especially against these bogey b stards.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Gmack7
15-02-2019, 04:55 PM
big crowd of us going to a funeral,we'll be cheering from the pub,cmon Hibs

Keith_M
15-02-2019, 05:27 PM
There will certainly be the usual 1050 empty seats :rolleyes:

Fixed that for you

Partyraiser
15-02-2019, 06:20 PM

Cheers

The west stand pods were taking card payments on Saturday against Raith

Albanian Hibs
15-02-2019, 06:52 PM
There will certainly be the usual 1500 empty seats :rolleyes:

😉

judas
15-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Can someone remind me why we do dot counts again?

It’s just that the count never matches the actual attendance. Not even closely.

Not being wide here - just curious.

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Fixed that for you

Aw naw. I'll get a row for running down the club now!

Keith_M
15-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Aw naw. I'll get a row for running down the club now!

:tsk tsk:

Moulin Yarns
15-02-2019, 10:07 PM
It is if you want to call yourself an actual 'supporter'. Unless folk can't make it they should be turning up every home game and vocally cheering on the team.

Let's get behind the club as much as we possibly can. Sounds as if it will be a very decent turnout.

Well done to all who continue to support the club by turning out consistently. Good on you :aok:. Fervently hope we get a win tomorrow to cheer us all up especially against these bogey b stards.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

If it’s alright with you I have a lot of stuff to do so won't be able to spare a minimum of 6 hours of a Saturday to travel to and from Edinburgh and take in the game. Does that mean I'm not an actual supporter?

Tornadoes70
15-02-2019, 10:24 PM
If it’s alright with you I have a lot of stuff to do so won't be able to spare a minimum of 6 hours of a Saturday to travel to and from Edinburgh and take in the game. Does that mean I'm not an actual supporter?

If you can't make it don't worry about it. There'll be many thousands of supporters attending in person who'll hopefully very vocally cheer the team onto a win.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SON OF PADDY
15-02-2019, 11:40 PM
If you can't make it don't worry about it. There'll be many thousands of supporters attending in person who'll hopefully very vocally cheer the team onto a win.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

No need to say anything else.
😉👍

Montford
15-02-2019, 11:44 PM

Club has to move the singing section down there. Always looks poor on tv when the season books don’t turn up..
would definitely give a better impression of our support too

jgl07
16-02-2019, 01:34 AM
Club has to move the singing section down there. Always looks poor on tv when the season books don’t turn up..
The Family Stand appears to have far too many minimum prices season tickets, supposedly for children, being purchased by adults. They are normally left empty except for 'big matches' when the tickets are upgraded for adult to attend.

Until this is sorted out, there will be plenty of empty seats in the FF Lower for most matches.

marinello59
16-02-2019, 06:10 AM

To be fair to the FF lower ST holders who weren’t at the cup matches the singing section, like all other areas of the ground, has been fairly depleted as well recently so moving it down would have made no difference.

Forza Fred
16-02-2019, 06:38 AM
The Family Stand appears to have far too many minimum prices season tickets, supposedly for children, being purchased by adults. They are normally left empty except for 'big matches' when the tickets are upgraded for adult to attend.

Until this is sorted out, there will be plenty of empty seats in the FF Lower for most matches.

Yep, that's what I reckon too...disappointing that people can pay $25 quid for a season ticket to basically "reserve" a seat for someone throughout the season..

Onceinawhile
16-02-2019, 08:05 AM

Except that's not possible. How many of the tickets are the £25 ones?

Onceinawhile
16-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Yep, that's what I reckon too...disappointing that people can pay $25 quid for a season ticket to basically "reserve" a seat for someone throughout the season..

They can't. You can't upgrade a £25 ticket.

Doh Rae Me
16-02-2019, 08:11 AM
They can't. You can't upgrade a £25 ticket.

Club will not upgrade for cup games now either so we may see less empty seats next season.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2019, 08:36 AM
My kid doesn't go to every game. Mainly to do with the fact I can't be bothered with his pissing and moaning about being cold (even when suitably dressed).

I can't actually work out if the people that are so concerned about the £25 are non season ticket holders that want a seat there or season ticket holders that want to sit there. What do you care what someone else does with their time and money? There's a guy that sits in front of me for the last few seasons. I've only seen him twice this season. There'll be other concessions in the FF Lower that people have got that don't bother to go to games so to solely lay it on the cheap kids tickets are naive.

And I don't get the whole martyrdom thing for going to every hibs game. Do these folk wear the same lucky pants, socks etc very week. If you can go brilliant, if you can't fair enough. To vilify folk for wanting do something else or spend time with family, get a grip. Of folk have paid for the season let them be. They can release the ticket there's no guarantee they'll be bought. Then who's who are you going to have a go at? Life's too short. Just because Shankly said it was more important than life and death doesn't make it so

CmoantheHibs
16-02-2019, 09:26 AM
What's the likelihood of another section other than 26 being opened in the south?

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 09:31 AM
To be fair to the FF lower ST holders who weren’t at the cup matches the singing section, like all other areas of the ground, has been fairly depleted as well recently so moving it down would have made no difference.

:agree:

Both were as empty as each other.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 09:33 AM
I can't actually work out if the people that are so concerned about the £25 are non season ticket holders that want a seat there or season ticket holders that want to sit there. What do you care what someone else does with their time and money? ...

Because it's a good old DotNet tradition

You lot choose not to go, we choose to whinge about it.

Everyone's a winner :wink:

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Because it's a good old DotNet tradition

You lot choose not to go, we choose to whinge about it.

Everyone's a winner :wink:

I do too go!!:na na:

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2019, 10:33 AM
My kid doesn't go to every game. Mainly to do with the fact I can't be bothered with his pissing and moaning about being cold (even when suitably dressed).

I can't actually work out if the people that are so concerned about the £25 are non season ticket holders that want a seat there or season ticket holders that want to sit there. What do you care what someone else does with their time and money? There's a guy that sits in front of me for the last few seasons. I've only seen him twice this season. There'll be other concessions in the FF Lower that people have got that don't bother to go to games so to solely lay it on the cheap kids tickets are naive.

And I don't get the whole martyrdom thing for going to every hibs game. Do these folk wear the same lucky pants, socks etc very week. If you can go brilliant, if you can't fair enough. To vilify folk for wanting do something else or spend time with family, get a grip. Of folk have paid for the season let them be. They can release the ticket there's no guarantee they'll be bought. Then who's who are you going to have a go at? Life's too short. Just because Shankly said it was more important than life and death doesn't make it so

Spot on.

Hermit Crab
16-02-2019, 10:33 AM
What's the likelihood of another section other than 26 being opened in the south?

Doubtful unless theres a large surge in sales between now and say 1pm.

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Me and five others are going down to see Villa this weekend and cheer on SJM

I just dinnae get it, but each to their own.

Then off to Derby next week to cheer on Efe. Then the following week to Sunderland.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 10:45 AM
I think we'll be doing well if we break the 16k mark. Hamilton don't usually bring many.

I'm going to go with:

Attendance Announced: 16,250

Actual Attendance*: 13,750

* Number or people that actually turn up

Daydreamer
16-02-2019, 10:49 AM
It was always a tradition with Hibs to shoot down the "slope" the second half and even now the team prefer to shoot that way in the second half. It was always an advantage maybe physiological to shoot that way into a packed "cave" and even in to the FF. God knows what the players think shooting in to that way now with usually less than a thousand in that end. ADVANTAGE GONE!!!

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2019, 11:15 AM
It was always a tradition with Hibs to shoot down the "slope" the second half and even now the team prefer to shoot that way in the second half. It was always an advantage maybe physiological to shoot that way into a packed "cave" and even in to the FF. God knows what the players think shooting in to that way now with usually less than a thousand in that end. ADVANTAGE GONE!!!

:fishin::fishin:

Some players might be thinking nandos or George street tonight. Who knows??

Daydreamer
16-02-2019, 11:20 AM
:fishin::fishin:

Nope, not fishing or a wind up. Earlier this season we had a thread about giving Celtic and Rangers the whole South stand as 50% on here or more thought that a full South would suck a goal from the uglies in the second half. In England now the away support is very rarely behind the goals in the top two divisions.

Hermit Crab
16-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Nope, not fishing or a wind up. Earlier this season we had a thread about giving Celtic and Rangers the whole South stand as 50% on here or more thought that a full South would suck a goal from the uglies in the second half. In England now the away support is very rarely behind the goals in the top two divisions.

Absolute rubbish mate.

Man city, Chelsea, Newcastle, Cardiff, Spurs, Brighton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Watford, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield all have away fans in a stand that is classed as behind the goals and thats just the Premier League teams.

Championship

Sheff Utd, West Brom, Bristol City, Notts Forest, Hull City, Swansea City, Preston, Blackburn, Brentford, Sheff Wed, Stoke City, QPR, Wigan, Millwall, Reading, Rotherham and Bolton all have away fans in a stand classed as behind the goals.

Daydreamer
16-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Absolute rubbish mate.

Man city, Chelsea, Newcastle, Cardiff, Spurs, Brighton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Watford, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield all have away fans in a stand that is classed as behind the goals and thats just the Premier League teams.

Championship

Sheff Utd, West Brom, Bristol City, Notts Forest, Hull City, Swansea City, Preston, Blackburn, Brentford, Sheff Wed, Stoke City, QPR, Wigan, Millwall, Reading, Rotherham and Bolton all have away fans in a stand classed as behind the goals.

Rubbish, behind the goals means behind the goals. The ones you quote are in the corners that spill. Newcastle, laughable, when your in Level 7 your over 100yards from the goals.

Since90+2
16-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Absolute rubbish mate.

Championship

Alot of those teams don't have away fans behind the goals.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Rubbish, behind the goals means behind the goals. The ones you quote are in the corners that spill. Newcastle, laughable, when your in Level 7 your over 100yards from the goals.

Is it not more important that the fans are behind the team?

A Hi-Bee
16-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Why do we have this obsession wi crowd numbers, we know roughly how many season tickets have been sold and along with a walk up crowd we will then have the attendance figure dont matter if the sold season ticket has a bum on the seat or not Hibs have the money, so who cares if its any other number quoted all irrelevant. Although good fodder for the jambo *******s that inhabit this forum.

Daydreamer
16-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Is it not more important that the fans are behind the team?

I would expect that more than 15k Hibs fans are behind the team and new manager. I also expect to get in the top 6 and are confident we will win the next three league games.

S4uzee
16-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Totally agree. The lower should be full every home game. What a difference it was under Mowbray shooting that way 2nd half, there was always action.

The club really need to look at this for next season and in particular moving the singing section as they couldn’t actually be in a worse position. Who actually made that decision and thought it was a good one ...

Malthibby
16-02-2019, 12:16 PM

There's a fair number of folk including myself believe there are an indeterminate number of seats bought at £25 which were only bought for upgrading for Hearts/Rantic/Aberdeen games. That's not what the club were looking for, they were looking to encourage the next generation in by offering a blxxdy good deal & for kids if some 'fans' are misusing the system the club has the right to do something about it, hence the decision to stop allowing upgrades in the lower FF. We should be fully supporting that. I don't think it's about folk having to be there every week. I've got seats for the family including my grandson & his pal in the East & they hardly go anymore. I'll be upgrading his pal's to an adult for my daughter because she goes (on upgrades of course) more often than my grandson, but I'lll still be buying him one knowing the seat will often be unfilled. I wouldn't do that in the lower FF because I'd feel as if I was doing the club out of money. And I don't like the view.
GG

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2019, 12:23 PM
I would expect that more than 15k Hibs fans are behind the team and new manager. I also expect to get in the top 6 and are confident we will win the next three league games.

Snap. Looking forward to today's game.

Daydreamer
16-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Totally agree. The lower should be full every home game. What a difference it was under Mowbray shooting that way 2nd half, there was always action.

The club really need to look at this for next season and in particular moving the singing section as they couldn’t actually be in a worse position. Who actually made that decision and thought it was a good one ...

Actually spoke to Leanne about it and she told me after the administrative problems moving the singing section the last time was a total nightmare so I think that they wouldnt want to go through that again.

Mr Grieves
16-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Spot on.

Kids have lots of other stuff on at weekends (football training, swimming, rugby training, birthday parties etc) and midweek games are too late for younger kids, so it's understandable why they miss a lot of games, that's life.

Keith_M
16-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I'm going to go with:

Attendance Announced: 16,250

Actual Attendance*: 13,750

Just call me Mystic Meg.

😉