PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Help with getting tickets as a visitor to Edinburgh

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a big football ("soccer" ;) fan from New York City and have enjoyed watching Hibs from a far for the past 2 seasons. I will be in Edinburgh in March with a friend. The only game at ER while we are visiting is vs Rangers. There are still tickets available on the eticketing website, but our membership is too new to buy the tickets. When we contacted the ticket office they told us it was in an effort to stop Rangers fans from registering and getting tickets outside the away end. This unfortunately means we don't have many options for getting tickets to the match. The only alternative would be hospitality, and that is significantly too expensive (160 pounds and we're college students :) ). I am reaching out here because I imagine this would be the best place to find advice. I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for how we might be able to get tickets. I'd really love to be able to see Easter Road on a match day, let alone for such a big fixture.

Cheers,
Andrew
:flag:

Hi Heid Yin
14-02-2019, 03:43 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a big football ("soccer" ;) fan from New York City and have enjoyed watching Hibs from a far for the past 2 seasons. I will be in Edinburgh in March with a friend. The only game at ER while we are visiting is vs Rangers. There are still tickets available on the eticketing website, but our membership is too new to buy the tickets. When we contacted the ticket office they told us it was in an effort to stop Rangers fans from registering and getting tickets outside the away end. This unfortunately means we don't have many options for getting tickets to the match. The only alternative would be hospitality, and that is significantly too expensive (160 pounds and we're college students :) ). I am reaching out here because I imagine this would be the best place to find advice. I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for how we might be able to get tickets. I'd really love to be able to see Easter Road on a match day, let alone for such a big fixture.

Cheers,
Andrew

Out of curiosity, would you agree that the team you refer to (incorrectly) as "Rangers" was formed in 2012 and has won absolutely no major honours (ie: League Championship, Scottish Cup, League Cup, European trophy) in it's short near 7 years existence, and that the fans who currently follow the club known as "The Rangers (aka Sevco) are deluded in thinking that they can lay claim to the entire trophy haul and history of the club formerly known as "Rangers" but not the debt (£100million+) that led to it's collapse and subsequent liquidation?

Oh yes, sorry but this Hibby is unable to help you in your quest to secure a ticket.

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 04:35 AM
Out of curiosity, would you agree that the team you refer to (incorrectly) as "Rangers" was formed in 2012 and has won absolutely no major honours (ie: League Championship, Scottish Cup, League Cup, European trophy) in it's short near 7 years existence, and that the fans who currently follow the club known as "The Rangers (aka Sevco) are deluded in thinking that they can lay claim to the entire trophy haul and history of the club formerly known as "Rangers" but not the debt (£100million+) that led to it's collapse and subsequent liquidation?

Oh yes, sorry but this Hibby is unable to help you in your quest to secure a ticket.

get the sense you're implying i like sevco. :( wouldn't support a team with less history than MK Dons. anyways if you weren't and were just giving out a free history lesson on a deid club (thanks leigh), i appreciate you taking the time and maybe i'll find someone else who can lend a hand with tickets.

have a good one

bigwheel
14-02-2019, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Andrew

I’d suggest you email the club -I’m pretty sure the would seek to help an overseas visitor get tickets for the game ..enjoying yourself and enjoy our football club [emoji106][emoji106]

traceyhibs
14-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Andrew

Will message you Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
14-02-2019, 08:49 AM
get the sense you're implying i like sevco. :( wouldn't support a team with less history than MK Dons. anyways if you weren't and were just giving out a free history lesson on a deid club (thanks leigh), i appreciate you taking the time and maybe i'll find someone else who can lend a hand with tickets.

have a good one

You have fantastic knowledge of British football, The Rangers and MK Dons.

Good luck with ticket hunt

DH1875
14-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Andrew

Which membership :confused: Have we launched a new membership sceme or am I missing something.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Which membership :confused: Have we launched a new membership sceme or am I missing something.

Think he means you’ve had to buy a category A game in the past, to buy one for this game

calumhibee1
14-02-2019, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Andrew

Welcome, Andrew.

Tracey that PMd you (or is about to PM you) is one of the fans reps so she is your best bet.

Do you mind me asking what made you start to follow Hibs?

hibee_nation
14-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Bet your a big fan of New York Rangers :aok:

MKHIBEE
14-02-2019, 10:34 AM
o. :( wouldn't support a team with less history than MK Dons.

I like this guy, welcome Andrew

Aim Here
14-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Think he means you’ve had to buy a category A game in the past, to buy one for this game

You only have to have bought a ticket for any Hibs game - otherwise cat A games would be a complete closed shop! The system won't automatically let you buy a cat A ticket if you weren't on the database in previous seasons, though, but you can get round that by talking to the ticket office staff in person, providing you don't look or sound like a Jambo or OF fan...

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2019, 04:57 PM

indeed :agree: it's amazing how many 'fans' from overseas who just happen to be visiting when hibs have a game against 'the rangers' and would love a ticket

Tarrahib
14-02-2019, 05:02 PM
indeed :agree: it's amazing how many 'fans' from overseas who just happen to be visiting when hibs have a game against 'the rangers' and would love a ticket
Oh ye of little faith!

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 05:47 PM
I’d suggest you email the club -I’m pretty sure the would seek to help an overseas visitor get tickets for the game ..enjoying yourself and enjoy our football club [emoji106][emoji106]

think I've got it sorted thanks to the moderators but thanks for the help!!

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 05:48 PM
You have fantastic knowledge of British football, The Rangers and MK Dons.

Good luck with ticket hunt

:)) thanks mate!!

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 05:49 PM
I like this guy, welcome Andrew

:) thank you

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 05:50 PM

:/ assume what you will. just trying to see a hibs game while I visit.

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 05:51 PM

good one :0 hate both rangers actually, like the New Jersey Devils if you've heard of em.

Brooster
14-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Surely we are not falling for this folks? He has hun written all over him. Deid club....rubber stamped it for me.

hibbysam
14-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Surely we are not falling for this folks? He has hun written all over him. Deid club....rubber stamped it for me.

100%. Not a fan, likes watching hibs (random as a New Yorker) but knows about sevco, Leigh Griffiths’ comments, MK Dons and is visiting edinburgh from New York but is only here for the 8th March, and can’t attend the week before against Celtic or the week after against Motherwell. Long way to travel for less than a week. Not convinced at all.

04Sauzee
14-02-2019, 06:30 PM

Like I said very good knowledge of MK Dons 😂

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2019, 06:33 PM

thankfully our fans rep jumped in straight away to assist :cb

Mick O'Rourke
14-02-2019, 07:13 PM

Aye,me tae! Deid club! Sevco!
Trojan horse alert !

If Tracy is going to be helpful to "overseas fans" she needs to be careful in saying such on the forum.
She could have pmd the guy without mentioning that here.

Sevco fans all over "N/America" (or closer)will be contacting you,Tracy;-)

We should be reducing the number of Zombies coming to the Holy Ground.
Not encouraging them.

Apologies if this guy is genuine.

But as they say in the Big Apple.

"Ah huv ma doobts"

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 07:46 PM
thankfully our fans rep jumped in straight away to assist :cb

hate to see all this skepticism. guess it makes sense that you'd assume no scottish football fans exist in the US (and generally you might be right). but frankly in this case you're wrong. I'm only in scotland for 2 days because i'm spending the week in Ireland.

Just happen to follow a lot of football closely, and love Leigh, as why i know the yer clubs deid m8 bit he said. luckily some aren't so skeptical.

Happened to be interested in hibs because I wasn't particularly interested by the glasgow sectarianism and I was really impressed by the scottish cup in '16. After Lenny got hired I started following the club closer. I try to watch matches when I can at college, and i was really thrilled when I realized i could add a couple nights in scotland to my trip to ireland and could have the opportunity to see a match at ER.

anyways, I understand why you all might think I'm some sort of Hun in disguise, but genuinely just a New Yorker who is gonna be in europe for a week and a half and just happens to be there when hibs only are playing rangers.

i appreciate those who have helped out and i'm excited for a chance to see hibs play :)

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Aye,me tae! Deid club! Sevco!
Trojan horse alert !

If Tracy is going to be helpful to "overseas fans" she needs to be careful in saying such on the forum.
She could have pmd the guy without mentioning that here.

Sevco fans all over "N/America" (or closer)will be contacting you,Tracy;-)

We should be reducing the number of Zombies coming to the Holy Ground.
Not encouraging them.

Apologies if this guy is genuine.

But as they say in the Big Apple.

"Ah huv ma doobts"

hate to see all this skepticism. guess it makes sense that you'd assume no scottish football fans exist in the US (and generally you might be right). but frankly in this case you're wrong. I'm only in scotland for 2 days because i'm spending the week in Ireland.

Just happen to follow a lot of football closely, and love Leigh, as why i know the yer clubs deid m8 bit he said. luckily some aren't so skeptical.

Happened to be interested in hibs because I wasn't particularly interested by the glasgow sectarianism and I was really impressed by the scottish cup in '16. After Lenny got hired I started following the club closer. I try to watch matches when I can at college, and i was really thrilled when I realized i could add a couple nights in scotland to my trip to ireland and could have the opportunity to see a match at ER.

anyways, I understand why you all might think I'm some sort of Hun in disguise, but genuinely just a New Yorker who is gonna be in europe for a week and a half and just happens to be there when hibs only are playing rangers.

i appreciate those who have helped out and i'm excited for a chance to see hibs play :)

andrewnyc
14-02-2019, 07:49 PM
100%. Not a fan, likes watching hibs (random as a New Yorker) but knows about sevco, Leigh Griffiths’ comments, MK Dons and is visiting edinburgh from New York but is only here for the 8th March, and can’t attend the week before against Celtic or the week after against Motherwell. Long way to travel for less than a week. Not convinced at all.

Brooster
14-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Lenny? That's what weegies call him. I'll give you 48 hours before you are kicked out.

Nameless
14-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Even if he is a Hun (which I don't think he is), who cares!! He's hardly going to travel any great distances just to cause aggro at the match - I'm sure the Hun £ and the Hibby £ are worth the same!! As long as they behave, I've no problem sitting next to fans of any team, that includes Huns, Tims or Jambos.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2019, 08:05 PM

You are no more American than I am 😂

Sammy7nil
14-02-2019, 08:14 PM
You are no more American than I am 😂

And you are Geordie :greengrin

NYHibby
14-02-2019, 08:20 PM
So as the only American from NY in this thread, I’m also suspicious. Nobody randomly decides to follow Scottish football in the US when there are many other options which are much easier to follow. You need a reason to start following it.

Your story would be more convincing to me if you said you were a big Red Bull fan from NJ who, during his spring break, is visiting his girlfriend who is studying abroad in Edinburgh. Lose the pretending to support Hibs for two years bit.

Hi Heid Yin
14-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Even if he is a Hun (which I don't think he is), who cares!! He's hardly going to travel any great distances just to cause aggro at the match - I'm sure the Hun £ and the Hibby £ are worth the same!! As long as they behave, I've no problem sitting next to fans of any team, that includes Huns, Tims or Jambos.

No follower of the tribute act known as The Rangers (aka Sevco) is safe to sit next to - especially when bevvied up.

Hun and aggro go hand in hand.

The Ibrox **** will do anything to get a ticket for the match at Easter Road...and con whoever it takes in the process.

Jones28
14-02-2019, 08:58 PM
No follower of the tribute act known as The Rangers (aka Sevco) is safe to sit next to - especially when bevvied up.

Hun and aggro go hand in hand.

The Ibrox **** will do anything to get a ticket for the match at Easter Road...and con whoever it takes in the process.

Heres hoping he gets a ticket in the East, section 43, middle/back.

That'll keep him quiet if he is, and a great atmosphere is he isnt!

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2019, 09:02 PM
And you are Geordie :greengrin

Why aye

Bristolhibby
14-02-2019, 09:06 PM

Take it you’ve never gone travelling on a two week holiday?

Few years back I went from LA, to San Franscisco, Yosemite then Las Vegas in a fortnight.

Perfectly conceivable being in Edinburgh for a particular weekend while travelling Europe.

That said, Died, MK Dons. 🤔

J

HNA8
14-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Can we give the accusations a rest now guys?

hibbysam
14-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Take it you’ve never gone travelling on a two week holiday?

Few years back I went from LA, to San Franscisco, Yosemite then Las Vegas in a fortnight.

Perfectly conceivable being in Edinburgh for a particular weekend while travelling Europe.

That said, Died, MK Dons. 🤔

J

My point was more in the coincidence of everything he said and funnily enough only being here for 2 days while we play rangers. I mean he now says he’s in Ireland for 2 weeks but travelling to Scotland for two days. Not having it at all.

Onceinawhile
14-02-2019, 09:18 PM
My point was more in the coincidence of everything he said and funnily enough only being here for 2 days while we play rangers. I mean he now says he’s in Ireland for 2 weeks but travelling to Scotland for two days. Not having it at all.

Plenty folk from the USA travel over to Europe and would only visit Scotland for 2 or 3 days.

SRHibs
14-02-2019, 09:37 PM
“Mate”, “cheers”.

Very American.

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2019, 09:40 PM

i think you're right, he won't be

DH1875
14-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Could he not buy tickets for the Hamilton game, print them at home and then buy tickets for the the rangers game? Might work out more but if I can see the Devils, NY Rangers, Knicks, Nets, Giants or Jets for less than £50 when I'm in New York, I'd be all over it. Yankees and Mets don't come into it as been to Yankees games for $25 lol.
I think he's at it but to be fair, anytime I've been to New York it has been for less than a week. Normally around 5 days .

Mick O'Rourke
14-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Can we give the accusations a rest now guys?

I don't think anyone has been nasty to the OP.
It is understandable though that some are dubious about this ticket request.
It is a trick that occurs on football forums elsewehere ,when "away" fans briefs are hard to come by for particular games.
I have no idea if this New Yorker is the real deal.
I might add though.
Our fans rep posted saying she would get back to him regards a ticket.
The OP replied on the thread saying that he has been contacted and implies he has been sorted out with a ticket .

If so....
I trust Tracy has arranged to meet him pre match and check his "NY credentials" before parting with any ticket.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2019, 10:19 PM
You’ll have had yer tea is alive and well I see.

What a lovely welcome.:rolleyes:

ian cruise
15-02-2019, 06:39 AM
I've no idea if the OP is genuine or not, as long as they aren't causing trouble at the game it's not a huge issue for me either way. Hopefully they leave the game a bigger Hibee than they were when they went in to the match either way.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
15-02-2019, 06:55 AM
I wouldn’t expect them to tell the rest of us but I wonder if the admins can see the location (not down to the house number but a rough idea of the city :greengrin) a post has came from?

Brooster
15-02-2019, 07:36 AM
I wouldn’t expect them to tell the rest of us but I wonder if the admins can see the location (not down to the house number but a rough idea of the city :greengrin) a post has came from?

The admins will be able to do some basic checks based on IP and email addresses I would expect him to be punted soon, I would also like to think Tracey isn't helping this guy find tickets.

marinello59
15-02-2019, 07:40 AM
The admins will be able to do some basic checks based on IP and email addresses I would expect him to be punted soon, I would also like to think Tracey isn't helping this guy find tickets.

Sounds like you should be running this place. Sack the Admin team. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2019, 08:00 AM
Its good to see our fans rep replying so quickly.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Seems a nice enough guy but does seem to have an inside knowledge of our psyche culture and language for someone born across the pond :confused:

green day
15-02-2019, 08:09 AM

Unless, of course, the admins have done some basic checks and determined that he is indeed kosher?

In which case, thats grand, and what Tracey is doing is totally fine.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2019, 08:19 AM

VPN....technology allows internet users to appear from *anywhere in the world whenever/wherever we want, every internet user should have one :)
/

*except for countries that don't like their citizens reading on goggle how bad their governments are

wearethehibs
15-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Welcome to .net Andrew, just ignore all the typical .netters and you'll be fine.

And thank you for the tips on where to watch the game when I am in New York.

jacomo
15-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Welcome to .net Andrew, just ignore all the typical .netters and you'll be fine.

And thank you for the tips on where to watch the game when I am in New York.

I think a genuine American sports fan would be absolutely baffled by the crowd control rules put in place for Scottish football matches.

andrewnyc
15-02-2019, 04:03 PM
I think a genuine American sports fan would be absolutely baffled by the crowd control rules put in place for Scottish football matches.

yeah i was pretty amazed that I couldn't just buy a ticket from the club even though they're still available because the club feared that I am some sort of hidden away fan.

andrewnyc
15-02-2019, 04:06 PM

I should hope they can so you can stop with your unfounded accusations!

jellybean
15-02-2019, 04:23 PM
This thread...😂😂😂😂😂

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2019, 05:37 PM
This thread...😂😂😂😂😂

It's awesome dude 😂😂

HoboHarry
15-02-2019, 05:45 PM
It's awesome dude ����
Aw come on y'all - we need all the soccerball fans we can get...... :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Aw come on y'all - we need all the soccerball fans we can get...... :greengrin

😁😁

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 06:46 PM

Don't get too upset by the scepticism mate. Us Hibbies are a tight knit bunch, its a bit like the TV series 'Sons of Anarchy, if you want to become a Hibby you have to serve a season as a 'prospect' first and you can only attend away games wearing an away top with 'prospect' written on it. You will be expected to smuggle the flares. smoke bombs and booze into the stadium and take the blame for any indiscretions perpetrated by 'established' Hibbies.

If you walk into any of the pubs surrounding the stadium and nobody recognises you the piano stops playing and everybody stares at you … you may hear under the breath mutterings of 'Hun' or 'f'ing Yam, ye can smell it'

For more information check out fun footballing film Green Street to see how Yanks are usually treated.

Enjoy the game :greengrin

andrewnyc
15-02-2019, 07:04 PM
For more information check out fun footballing film Green Street to see how Yanks are usually treated.

hahah well didn't know I should expect a real life embodiment of Green Street ;) will come with my trusty baseball bat

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Guilty until proven to be innocent as far as Huns are concerned. :greengrin

jellybean
15-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Don't get too upset by the scepticism mate. Us Hibbies are a tight knit bunch, its a bit like the TV series 'Sons of Anarchy, if you want to become a Hibby you have to serve a season as a 'prospect' first and you can only attend away games wearing an away top with 'prospect' written on it. You will be expected to smuggle the flares. smoke bombs and booze into the stadium and take the blame for any indiscretions perpetrated by 'established' Hibbies.

If you walk into any of the pubs surrounding the stadium and nobody recognises you the piano stops playing and everybody stares at you … you may hear under the breath mutterings of 'Hun' or 'f'ing Yam, ye can smell it'

Enjoy the game :greengrin

Brilliant!