PDA

View Full Version : Team v Hamilton

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 10:04 PM
So, what will our new manager go for? Personally would use a similar team to what we went for v Raith.

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Slivka Bigirimana

Horgan

McNulty Kamberi

04Sauzee
13-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Supposedly likes a 4-4-2 I think it's more of a flat midfield 4 rather than the diamond but not sure we have the personnel for this right now.
I'm not going to even hazard a guess at Saturday's team

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Can we not as we now have a new manager in place let him pick the team? Please just the once.

madhatter
13-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Being honest, this weekends team will probably be May/Murray team. How is Paul going to have enough time to formulate a plan and do work in 1 training session? He’ll be assessing players for a little while. He’ll need minimum of a full week in order to have some confidence in selecting a team.

CMurdoch
13-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Marciano

Milligan

Slivka Omeonga

Horgan

McNulty Kamberi

Expecting a May/Murray team

Hibeesmad
13-02-2019, 11:52 PM
Any update on whether Gauld is back?

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2019, 12:54 AM
I doubt he will pick the team for this weekend, but I imagine he will put forward how he wants the team to play and ask May and Murray to pick a team they think will fit his philosophy.

It wont take him more than 5 minutes to realise that what he doesn't have is a team capable of muscling their way through a game, but given what he has said I guess he wont be looking for that anyway. What we are closer to is a team full of nippy wee players who if they are set up right and can learn how to pass and move, pass and move, pass and move, will be able to play a game which will negate the need to be fighting battles all over the pitch.

What a team playing like that will require is a successful passing percentage far higher than what we have had this season, players far quicker of thought than we have been displaying, I lose count of the number of times Hibs players dither on the ball during games, and a high fitness level. If he can get that instilled in the players he could have a decent team on his hands.

I doubt he can manage that before we play Celtic in the cup …. at best its a free hit for him, nobody is expecting us to beat a team unbeaten in 6 cup competitions over the last 3 seasons, but if he was to do it the confidence and feelgood factor it would bring would be worth far more than any stellar signing.

Anyway …. welcome to Hibs :greengrin

we are hibs
14-02-2019, 04:58 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Omeonga
Gauld
Horgan

Mcnulty
Kamberi

hibee316
14-02-2019, 05:41 AM
Can we not as we now have a new manager in place let him pick the team? Please just the once.

You are aware that managers are not go contractually obliged to pick the team that people say on here? (Regardless of what the daily record says!)

I'm pretty sure people are just saying what they would want as the team....

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2019, 06:32 AM
I doubt he will pick the team for this weekend, but I imagine he will put forward how he wants the team to play and ask May and Murray to pick a team they think will fit his philosophy.

It wont take him more than 5 minutes to realise that what he doesn't have is a team capable of muscling their way through a game, but given what he has said I guess he wont be looking for that anyway. What we are closer to is a team full of nippy wee players who if they are set up right and can learn how to pass and move, pass and move, pass and move, will be able to play a game which will negate the need to be fighting battles all over the pitch.

What a team playing like that will require is a successful passing percentage far higher than what we have had this season, players far quicker of thought than we have been displaying, I lose count of the number of times Hibs players dither on the ball during games, and a high fitness level. If he can get that instilled in the players he could have a decent team on his hands.

I doubt he can manage that before we play Celtic in the cup …. at best its a free hit for him, nobody is expecting us to beat a team unbeaten in 6 cup competitions over the last 3 seasons, but if he was to do it the confidence and feelgood factor it would bring would be worth far more than any stellar signing.

Anyway …. welcome to Hibs :greengrin

This, I always wonder why our players are not more top heavy or fast enough. Were meant to have good nutritionists but we need tae bulk them up aswell.

makaveli1875
14-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Rocky

Gray
Hanlon
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Slivka
Omeonga
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw
Mcnulty

number9dream
14-02-2019, 09:03 AM
It's going to be roughly the same as last Saturday, isn't it?
It will be interesting to see what the new man does with Mallan, the only player he will be familiar with (and didn't give much game time to).
Hanlon needs to be switched on. Both Accies goals came from near post crosses from the left when they beat Saints.

Weegreenman
14-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Really looking forward to this game now we have a new man in place. Three Saturday’s on the bounce at home, albeit one being a cup game. Can’t remember the last time that happened. :confused: Not that I’m complaining :aok::flag::flag::flag:

yerauldda
14-02-2019, 11:52 AM
I really can't see the likes of Bartley and Whittaker getting much game time under Heckingbottom.

They don't really fit in to this high press philosophy that he seems to want to implement.

I think we will go for something like:

Marciano

Slivka Mallan Omeonga Horgan

Kamberi McNulty

erin go bragh
14-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Of course he will pick the team . 442
Rocky
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Slivka
Mallan
Birigama
Gould
Kamberi
Mcnulty

hibbyfraelibby
14-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Any update on whether Gauld is back?

2 weeks at least

ian cruise
15-02-2019, 05:43 AM
Rocky
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Slivka
Mallan
Birigama
Gould
Kamberi
Mcnulty

Like the look of that team.

Leitherhibs
15-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Rocky
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Slivka
Mallan
Birigama
Gould
Kamberi
Mcnulty

This but switch Slivka for Omeonga, desperate to see this lad given a chance.

hibsbollah
15-02-2019, 10:12 AM
This but switch Slivka for Omeonga, desperate to see this lad given a chance.

Slivka has been decent of late, I'd play both of them.

danhibees1875
15-02-2019, 10:20 AM
I really can't see the likes of Bartley and Whittaker getting much game time under Heckingbottom.

They don't really fit in to this high press philosophy that he seems to want to implement.

I think we will go for something like:

Marciano

Slivka Mallan Omeonga Horgan

Kamberi McNulty

I'd go with this assuming Gauld is injured. :agree:

Leitherhibs
15-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Slivka has been decent of late, I'd play both of them.

When in the middle he’s been decent, his inconsistency and frequency with which he coughs up possession frustrates me.

Souter96Mac
15-02-2019, 12:03 PM
If fit, we can't drop Horgan. Albeit it was against Raith, but he was out best player.

Rocky
Sivka Gauld (if ft) Milligan Horgan
McNulty Kamberi

hibbyfraelibby
15-02-2019, 12:14 PM
If fit, we can't drop Horgan. Albeit it was against Raith, but he was out best player.

Rocky
Sivka Gauld (if ft) Milligan Horgan
McNulty Kamberi

Guald wont play. He is out for two weeks maybe four.

Garymcl
15-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Guald wont play. He is out for two weeks maybe four.
Looking forward to this game new manager in place let’s get right behind him and the players also gonna be a nice day tomorrow weather wise for the game Ggtth :flag:

calumhibee1
15-02-2019, 01:18 PM
I’d suspect the team will have a familiar look to it tomorrow while he gets his feet under the table.

Hopefully the feel good factor has returned a bit with the players and they can kick on and get a result.

Golden Bear
15-02-2019, 01:21 PM
I've no idea what the team will be tomorrow nor the formation that we'll adopt. What I do know is that I'm really looking forward to the game and hopefully we'll be better entertained than the misery we've had to endure for the last few months.

:flag:

scooby
15-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Less sideways passing would be marvellous. Hoping we are on the front foot and pressing.
Looking forward to it.

jacomo
15-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Lewis x 11

Subs: Lewis x 7

Speedway
15-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Pong
Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi

Subs
Bogdan
Mackie
Whittaker
Milligan
Shaw
Bigi
Omeonga

Not Used/Injured/Suspended

Porteous
Boyle
Gauld
Allan
Gullan
Murray
Nelom
Johnson
Dabrowski

Billy Whizz
15-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Is Bogdan still injured?

04Sauzee
15-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Pong
Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi

Subs
Bogdan
Mackie
Whittaker
Milligan
Shaw
Bigi
Omeonga

Not Used/Injured/Suspended

Porteous
Boyle
Gauld
Allan
Gullan
Murray
Nelom
Johnson
Dabrowski

Is Agyepong not still on the casualty list?

Unseen work
15-02-2019, 10:23 PM
.......................Marciano...............

Gray......McGregor........Hanlon......Stevenson... ..

.......................Milligan................... .

...........Slivka................Horgan.........

........................Mallan.............

..............Kamberi.......McNulty........

However if he wants a high pressing/energy team I wonder if he will start Omeonga instead.

HibbyKeith
15-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Is Bogdan still injured?

He was training yesterday Billy. on the hibs tv video coming out the buildings at HTC with Dabrowski

Doesn't answer your question fully but we know hes not on the treatment table at least.

GreenCastle
16-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Surely the manager has watched us and knows the players to suit how he wants to play ?

If he was wanting the job I would expect he was asked about our current season.

The Leeds coach for example went into extreme depth about his team and opposition etc but I know that’s a bit of an extreme.

16-02-2019, 09:28 AM
.......................Marciano...............

Gray......McGregor........Hanlon......Stevenson... ..

.......................Milligan................... .

...........Slivka................Horgan.........

........................Mallan.............

..............Kamberi.......McNulty........

However if he wants a high pressing/energy team I wonder if he will start Omeonga instead.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking too, the same line up as the Raith game. Omeonga was decent when he came on for Horgan so I'd be happy enough to see him start. Would certainly like to see him get 20-25 minutes as well as Bigirimana getting some game time.