PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN APPOINT PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
13-02-2019, 08:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9717)

Joe6-2
13-02-2019, 08:30 PM
At last!! Welcome guys!

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Welcome aboard the Heck. You have three goals from now until the end of the season:
1. Get into the top six.
2. Beat Celtic and get us into the semi final of the Cup.
3. Beat the Hertz at Tynecastle.

Get at least one of them done and you're doing no bad. Two and it's a great start. Three and it'll be "Neil Who?" from even the most hardline Lennon backers.

BH Hibs
13-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Now that’s that sorted welcome Paul and all the best. GGTTH

One Day Soon
13-02-2019, 08:35 PM
I for one welcome our surprisingly un-tattooed and comparativlely diminutive new overlord.

Northernhibee
13-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Heckingbottom’s green and white army!

Captain Trips
13-02-2019, 08:37 PM
I'm buying a Hovis loaf tomorrow in honour.

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Wow, the message board has went crazy with this news, not 😳. Welcome Paul and all the very best of luck to you. 👍 GGTTH

Jones28
13-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I may be over analysing that statement but it would appear that Heck was prepared to work within the structure where other candidates weren't.

Welcome aboard!

SRHibs
13-02-2019, 08:45 PM
3 and a half years! Doubt an also-ran would get that sort of contract!

Pretty Boy
13-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Glad to have a new man on board. Time to put the last few weeks behind us and kick on.

Welcome aboard the Heckmeister.

Eaststandee
13-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Welcome Heckingbottom
:flag:

WestCoastHibby
13-02-2019, 08:52 PM
3 and a half years! Doubt an also-ran would get that sort of contract!

Contract length means hee haw in modern football

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Brilliant news! Really pleased...

Enjoyed his first interview..

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Contract length means hee haw in modern footballIt does to a club like ours who probably can't afford to pay managers off on these contracts. Lennon situation was different and was mutually consented rather than sacked and paid in full.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leith Green
13-02-2019, 08:55 PM
The new man has a free hit for the remainder of the season for me. Gives him time to suss the squad out before what will be an important pre season for him and the team. Anything acheived before then is a bonus , next season will be when we can start to judge his team.

bigwheel
13-02-2019, 08:55 PM
It does to a club like ours who probably can't afford to pay managers off on these contracts. Lennon situation was different and was mutually consented rather than sacked and paid in full.

Doesn’t matter if he has a 4 months pay off clause [emoji6]

Captain Trips
13-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Good luck Paul. Let's push on and see what you can do with some really decent players here.

Hibernian Verse
Doesn’t matter if he has a 4 months pay off clause [emoji6]Well that's true. Does he?

Leith Green
Contract length means hee haw in modern football

It does if he is a success and another club want to recruit him.

Iain G
13-02-2019, 08:57 PM

Enjoyed his first interview..

Comes across as a more pragmatic version of Tony Mowbray.

bigwheel
Well that's true. Does he?

No idea buddy - if the Appleton rumours were true I suspect he does ...anyway let’s hope he gets a new contract after our 3rd year in a row in Europe ! [emoji106][emoji119]

Leith Green
Be interested to see who he moves on in the summer

Green Reaper
Let's get right behind him and give our new leader our full support and not pay any attention to any stupid made up crap that cones from the media. Heckingbottoms Green and White army!

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard the Heck. You have three goals from now until the end of the season:
1. Get into the top six.
2. Beat Celtic and get us into the semi final of the Cup.
3. Beat the Hertz at Tynecastle.

Get at least one of them done and you're doing no bad. Two and it's a great start. Three and it'll be "Neil Who?" from even the most hardline Lennon backers.Absolutely...welcome Paul and good luck for the rest of this season...am sure there will be some changes come the summer but there is the nucleus of a half decent squad there to work with till May.

Hibeesmad
13-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Absolutely delighted. Got the feeling the board will have this one spot on once again!

murray26
13-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Welcome aboard Paul what type of football should we expect..?

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Enjoyed his first interview..It was a decent watch agreed...came across as an interesting guy who won't be messed with and will set high standards...wish him every success and hope he proves to be a huge hit for us GGTTH

GreenCastle
13-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Welcome ! Excited to see what he can do.

Hopefully players get a boost for the next 3 games to help top 6 prospects.

Cup game will be hard but nothing to lose.

Hopefully he addresses the imbalance we have within the squad and also signs some wide players with pace.

Vault Boy
13-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Very warm welcome to Hibernian guys. Delighted that we got this done, excited to see what might come.

CathroMustStay
13-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Good luck Paul.

Sadly, I think you'll need it.

Time will tell.

MartinfaePorty
13-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Paul! I see some small-minded Jambos have been at your Wikipedia page already

Full name Paul Hibeseditbottom

Given his 'hilarious' sense of humour, wouldn't be surprised if it was Potter himself.

Leitherhibs
13-02-2019, 09:05 PM

Pressing, attacking football apparently.

Ahhh, the passing, moving, tempo.

cabbageandribs1875
if he's as good as Leeds i'l be happy

just ordered some Yorkshire Tea bags to Hail him

hibee_nation
Think we have the right man to get the best out of our squad. Welcome Paul and welcome to the Hibee Nation

jacomo
13-02-2019, 09:06 PM
It does to a club like ours who probably can't afford to pay managers off on these contracts. Lennon situation was different and was mutually consented rather than sacked and paid in full.

Please just stop.

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Please just stop.Eh?

SteveHFC
13-02-2019, 09:08 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9717)

He’s wearing a blue jumper. Should be sacked immediately.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-02-2019, 09:08 PM
if he's as good as Leeds i'l be happy

just ordered some Yorkshire Tea bags to Hail him

You probably shouldn’t mention Leeds to him

sambajustice
13-02-2019, 09:09 PM

Sideways defenceless football apparently!

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Sideways defenceless football apparently!Anything will be an improvement on the hoofball to Flo we've been subjected to since Oct

Lago
13-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Really liked his interview, to me he came across really well. Like what I heard.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:12 PM

Jesus wept. Get over Lennon. He's gone. We need to focus on the new manager rebuilding a team sitting in the bottom 6.

Good times will return. We all need to support this new era!

Bostonhibby
13-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Welcome to Hibs Paul.

You're the latest custodian of our team and you get my backing. All the best.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Jesus wept. Get over Lennon. He's gone. We need to focus on the new manager rebuilding a team sitting in the bottom 6.

Good times will return. We all need to support this new era!What are you on about? My post was in relation to us giving him a three year deal and how it means something. Nothing to do with still going on about Lennon.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Good times will return. We all need to support this new era!Posted something similar earlier...the Lennon love in needs to stop now ...chapter closed and we need to move on as a club. Lennon was great for us up until tiny last May and something has been wrong ever since. It's right that he's now moved on...so let's all get behind the new guy and give him time...hopefully a new manager bounce will be enough to squeeze us into top 6 and salvage something from what's been a disappointing season. And if he fancies winning us another Scottish cup....

GreenCastle
13-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I would assume any candidate coming in will have watched videos / games of us live so should know about what we have.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:17 PM
What are you on about? My post was in relation to us giving him a three year deal and how it means something. Nothing to do with still going on about Lennon.

Ok, fair dos. Just wasn't sure the necessity to refer back to the Lennon chat and whether he was paid or not.

That's old news for another thread.

Gatecrasher
13-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Really liked his interview, to me he came across really well. Like what I heard.

Same, I likes what he was saying about self improvement. He sounds like someone who thought his time in football might have been over and was missing it. Hopefully he can take this opportunity and run with it.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Posted something similar earlier...the Lennon love in needs to stop now ...chapter closed and we need to move on as a club. Lennon was great for us up until tiny last May and something has been wrong ever since. It's right that he's now moved on...so let's all get behind the new guy and give him time...hopefully a new manager bounce will be enough to squeeze us into top 6 and salvage something from what's been a disappointing season. And if he fancies winning us another Scottish cup....

Looking forward to Saturday for first time in a while.

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Ok, fair dos. Just wasn't sure the necessity to refer back to the Lennon chat and whether he was paid or not.

That's old news for another thread.The reference was made because the poster would have inevitably come back with something along the lines of "we paid off Lennon on a long contract". It was purely pre-emptive but I'll mind my use of the L word elsewhere!

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2019, 09:20 PM
You probably shouldn’t mention Leeds to him

i'm saluting him with a tea bag not a screenshot of Leeds top of the league at the moment :greengrin

Roxyhibee
13-02-2019, 09:20 PM
My 24th Hibs manager (just counted on Wiki.!) and because you’re now in post, the most important.

A warm welcome.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:21 PM
The reference was made because the poster would have inevitably come back with something along the lines of "we paid off Lennon on a long contract". It was purely pre-emptive but I'll mind my use of the L word elsewhere!

It's all good man.. Maybe just a bit of Lennon fatigue at my end.

One Day Soon
Cracking interview. I'm excited. Can't wait.

J-C
Big welcome to the Hibs family, really enjoyed his 1st interview, speaks very well and makes a lot of sense, seems very driven and focussed.

Bishop Hibee
Welcome to ER. He’ll get my 100% backing. Speaks well on the YouTube video posted by the club. Glory glory!

heretoday
Clean-cut, articulate and determined.

I like mention of a pressing game. They'll need to be fit for that. How about a day at Gullane now the weather has improved?

Pete
13-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Excellent interview.

Let’s all get on board!

Michael
13-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Ticks a lot of boxes. He's young, intelligent, confident. Hope he's a huge success.

Waxy
Welcome and all the best.

Hibernian Verse
It's all good man.. Maybe just a bit of Lennon fatigue at my end.Haha it happens to us all!

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Haha it happens to us all!

👍

Eaststandee
Just watched his interview and he comes across really well, I'm looking forward to seeing his philosophies on the pitch. :aok:

allmodcons
I was a huge Neil Lennon fan but there comes a time when we have to move on. Welcome aboard Paul. I wish you well.

Callum_62
13-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Good solid 20 minute interview and he talks quite well

Be interesting to see the changes he makes. When his name was first mentioned I thought he was a decent option - hopefully turns out to be right

Definitely comes across as someone who is determined to make it work

GreenCastle
13-02-2019, 09:30 PM
That interview was impressive.

I would recommend a watch.

Reminds me of Tony Mowbray.

Really hope we find someone who drives standards throughout the club and continues the good previous work done.

Tyler Durden
13-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Pleased with this appointment and the fact Stockdale is part of the team. Says all the right things in the interview so let's see how quickly the players can buy in to his vision.

The biggest failure this team have had in the past few months IMO is the lack of any organised pressing or general aggression. Whether that was just down to the squad being drained of confidence and desire, time will tell.

Interested to see what he can do with Slivka, Bigirimana, Omeonga, Mallan and Gauld. We're getting nowhere near enough from these guys at the moment - recognising 3 of them aren't long in the door.
Bartley and Milligan are a lost cause IMO.

ScottB
13-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Interesting background, doing a Masters etc. talks well in the interview.

Welcome and all the best really, let's see what he can do.

Swedish hibee
13-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the Hibs💚💚💚 New beginnings!

hibee-boys
13-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Enjoyed the interview, best of luck Paul!

The_Horde
13-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Dull interview. Reminds me a bit of Mowbray in that sense though.

Hannah_hfc
13-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Thought it was a good interview and he’s come across really well. Relieved to see on here (so far) that it’s a fairly positive response... Twitter reaction is a completely different story.

Welcome Paul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsfan7
13-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Welcome to hibs paul

EastCalderHibby
13-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Paul! I see some small-minded Jambos have been at your Wikipedia page already

Full name Paul Hibeseditbottom

Given his 'hilarious' sense of humour, wouldn't be surprised if it was Potter himself.

Its so funny the the way the sewer dwellers are slagging hibs about our new manager as a nobody
time will tell but
He ain't no laptop..
He ain't no beast... and i dont think he has been hiding in dens park bog for 90 mins
so he has my support

Hi Heid Yin
13-02-2019, 09:42 PM
Welcome to our club, Paul.

I wish you every success in your new role.

:flag::flag:

Hibernian32
13-02-2019, 09:44 PM
That interview was impressive.

I would recommend a watch.

Reminds me of Tony Mowbray.

Really hope we find someone who drives standards throughout the club and continues the good previous work done.
Have you got a link?

Callum_62
13-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Pleased with this appointment and the fact Stockdale is part of the team. Says all the right things in the interview so let's see how quickly the players can buy in to his vision.

The biggest failure this team have had in the past few months IMO is the lack of any organised pressing or general aggression. Whether that was just down to the squad being drained of confidence and desire, time will tell.

Interested to see what he can do with Slivka, Bigirimana, Omeonga, Mallan and Gauld. We're getting nowhere near enough from these guys at the moment - recognising 3 of them aren't long in the door.
Bartley and Milligan are a lost cause IMO.

Milligans been probably our best player last few games - certainly top 3 every game

Everyone should start with a clean slate. I imagine Saturdays team will be much of a muchness - its next weekend we may start to see some tweeks

OsloHibs
13-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Welcome Sir. Enjoyed that interview. Let's do this Hibs.

Tyler Durden
13-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Milligans been probably our best player last few games - certainly top 3 every game

Everyone should start with a clean slate. I imagine Saturdays team will be much of a muchness - its next weekend we may start to see some tweeks

I disagree on Milligan but do agree that everyone gets a clean slate. Hopefully a few players can surprise us all.

hibsbollah
13-02-2019, 09:52 PM

I think Milligan's recent performances have been overrated on here, personally. I didn't think he was any better than mixed against Aberdeen or Raith, certainly. Positionally he can be all over the place and he hasn't the pace to readjust.

Still, players and managers sometimes just 'click' so here's hoping. He knows Mallan so hopefully can inspire more from him too.

bigwheel
13-02-2019, 09:54 PM
I think Milligan's recent performances have been overrated on here, personally. I didn't think he was any better than mixed against Aberdeen or Raith, certainly. Positionally he can be all over the place and he hasn't the pace to readjust.

Still, players and managers sometimes just 'click' so here's hoping. He knows Mallan so hopefully can inspire more from him too.

Strolled it against Raith and Celtic...looks much sharper since his Asia cup....his pass completion ratio must be top in our team...rarely gives the ball away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Harp
13-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Glad the wait is over. Welcome to the pioneer club of Scottish football Paul.
A' the best!

matty_f
13-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Welcome to Hibernian. :aok:

jacomo
13-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Eh?

Neither you me nor anyone outside a very small group of people know the terms of Lennon’s severance with the club, so please let’s stop posting rumour as fact and drop it.

We have a new guy in the job. It’s time to move on.

Gordy M
13-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Really liked his interview, honest, grounded and i think hard work is going to be a top priority for him. Interesting to hear him to say that he had a squad of about 20 at Barnsley, and after they had a bit of success, one year later, they only had 2 of that squad left, the rest having been sold on! Not easy to continue to be successful having so many players sold, 11 in the first window after they were promoted!

madhatter
13-02-2019, 10:02 PM
We’ll need to give him time. One thing I’ll love if he can get it into place is - aggressive pressing and being on the front foot.

Our pressing is far far too passive and it’s been like that for a long time. No point closing a man down and then standing 5 yards off him. Get in his face and get a foot in!

Welcome Paul!

NOLA
Liked his interview also really like him bringing in Robbie Stockdale someone I watched in that Sunderland Netflix show and really took to [emoji106] all the best guys

CmoantheHibs
Welcome to the Hibees family Paul. I hope like most with character and strength this great club will grow on you and have a special place in your heart for ever more. Best wishes for a bright future.

Tyler Durden
13-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Strolled it against Raith and Celtic...looks much sharper since his Asia cup....his pass completion ratio must be top in our team...rarely gives the ball away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was certainly strolling as his man ran away from him to score for Raith!

Anyway, welcome to the new gaffer

Sir David Gray
13-02-2019, 10:13 PM
I'll be honest and say that I'm not ecstatic at this appointment but i'm willing to give him a shot. Heckingbottom's in the door and the decision has been made so we all need to get behind him.

One Day Soon
13-02-2019, 10:14 PM
I'll be honest and say that I'm not ecstatic at this appointment but i'm willing to give him a shot. Heckingbottom's in the door and the decision has been made so we all need to get behind him.

#BackingBottom you mean?

Ozyhibby
13-02-2019, 10:19 PM
We’ll need to give him time. One thing I’ll love if he can get it into place is - aggressive pressing and being on the front foot.

Our pressing is far far too passive and it’s been like that for a long time. No point closing a man down and then standing 5 yards off him. Get in his face and get a foot in!

Welcome Paul!

That is something that stands out. I’ve thought all season we are way to passive without the ball.
It could go either way. Either he improves some of our players and they start to work harder or he moves them on. Either way, change is coming.

Turkish Green
13-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Optimistic about this appointment but will need to wait until May for signs of where he is taking us.

it does appear that Leeann has earned her corn.

Unseen work
13-02-2019, 10:20 PM
To me he seems very articulate, focussed, driven and has a clear plan of what he wants.

He doesn’t seem like your normal football manager imo as he is calming and also has other things going on in his background for example wanting to study to excel himself and stand out more.

Seems to have a bit of the new up and coming football coach as well as the old school of having played at a decent level, came through the coaching ranks and performed well.

Looking forward to seeing how he makes us play and who starts, can see the young boys with plenty of energy being a big thing for him.

.......................Marciano/Bogdsn..............

Gray......Porteous........McGregor........Stevenso n........

.......Slivka..........Milligan.......Mackie......

..........................Horgan..........

............McNulty.............Kamberi......

Plenty of legs and energy in that team that would be conducive to playing a high attacking press

Not In The Know
13-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Anything will be an improvement on the hoofball to Flo we've been subjected to since Oct

well said it was the elephant in the room. Our atacking play has been terrible for months. Aimless crosses from nowhere into the box.

Im really looking forward to what he can do with this talented squad.

madhatter
13-02-2019, 10:25 PM
To me he seems very articulate, focussed, driven and has a clear plan of what he wants.

He doesn’t seem like your normal football manager imo as he is calming and also has other things going on in his background for example wanting to study to excel himself and stand out more.

Seems to have a bit of the new up and coming football coach as well as the old school of having played at a decent level, came through the coaching ranks and performed well.

Looking forward to seeing how he makes us play and who starts, can see the young boys with plenty of energy being a big thing for him.

Plenty of legs and energy in that team that would be conducive to playing a high attacking press

Horgan doesn’t have “legs” in the sense of having an engine and neither Horgan or Slivka have been aggressive enough in pressing. Both were prone to lacklustre pressing (“making up the numbers”) in our last game. New man may be able to bring more out of them though. Here’s hoping.

JimBHibees
13-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Wow hugely impressive interview and obviously hard wording and willing to learn different ways including doing a masters. Seems hugely impressive and delighted he is bringing in his own assistant.Good luck Paul and as he says hugely important fans get behind the team.

jacomo
13-02-2019, 10:44 PM
well said it was the elephant in the room. Our atacking play has been terrible for months. Aimless crosses from nowhere into the box.

I also think our squad is talented and post January looks better balanced (apart from losing Efe - a big blow).

Here’s to the rest of the season!

Smartie
13-02-2019, 10:51 PM
I do think our squad has talent, but I think he'll struggle to play anything like a fast pressing game with the players we have.

We might have a summer of frenzied transfer activity ahead of us.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Best of luck to him. Let's give him time to settle and have the team playing as he wants, As a largely unfamiliar name, he will likely have to work harder to win fans over, but let's give him every chance. I've no idea what to expect with this appointment.

bodhibs
13-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Welcome Paul, may your time with us be glorious 👍

MacGruber
13-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Didn't want Heckingbottom but he's signed now so from now it's 100% backing and hoping he turns out to be a big success

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Contract length means hee haw in modern footballI disagree. 3 and a half year contract? they're joking Shirley?

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Optimistic about this appointment but will need to wait until May for signs of where he is taking us.

it does appear that Leeann has earned her corn.we can only hope that come May, he has taken us in the right direction. I expect Hibernian to be in the correct zone/direction come May. Anything else is total failure

G B Young
13-02-2019, 11:12 PM

I felt the same but if you haven't already it's worth taking the time to watch the whole of his first interview. Hard not to warm to the guy.

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 11:26 PM

.......Slivka, ..........Milligan.......Mackie......

Plenty of legs and energy in that team that would be conducive to playing a high attacking pressoh dear. Goalies, not too bad and we can only go with them 2.Porteous out for the season. Gray…….losing pace but I still like. Hanlon......not in your thoughts? McGregor,getting back to what we expect. Stevenson, can still do his job.Slivca, does do occasional good performances but should be more forceful.Milligan naw. Mackie....young boy. Mallan , nae mention. Horgan wee grafter but not exactly Mc GINN. Mc Nulty I like but still to show more. Kamberi the great enigma has all the attributes but can be hot /cald

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2019, 12:33 AM
I liked his interview, he certainly seems like a grounded individual with a clear focus on what he expects from his players. I doubt we are going to get cupped ears at Ibrox or aeroplane impersonations on the pitch at Easter Road, but perhaps that isn't a bad thing, our best two managers of this century were quiet understated types and that didn't do either one of them any harm.

Welcome to the mighty Hibees Paul and Robbie …. we aren't a bad lot and I'm sure it'll be a good 5 or 6 games before we turn and rip you apart like a frenzied pack of rabid dogs :thumbsup:

I would suggest if you want to see where we have been going wrong you study film of our games against the bottom 6 teams. If you want to see what we are capable of study the victory against Celtic at Easter Road … in that game we played the high intensity game folk are saying these players aren't capable of … I think they are, the trick is to get them to play like that against everybody, not just in the big games.

FilipinoHibs
14-02-2019, 01:26 AM
Welcome to Hibernian Paul and Robbie. I am excited by your appointments.

JOD
14-02-2019, 02:19 AM
Totally under whelmed by this.

PAUL ??????

After one of our best managers ever spoke out about the lack of ambition
at our club to compete at the highest level (Scottish)

It just shows me again where our ambitions lye

GTF Leanne

Hibeesmad
14-02-2019, 02:21 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

😂

HoboHarry
14-02-2019, 02:24 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne
Sit doon ya banger 😂😂

JOD
14-02-2019, 02:28 AM
Sit doon ya banger 😂😂

AYE awright still a mince appointment.

OsloHibs
14-02-2019, 02:35 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

Away to yer bed ya banger 😂😂

Doh Rae Me
14-02-2019, 03:40 AM
No cartwheels here.
Glad we have our 1st/2nd/..... choice man in.
Proof will be in the Yorkshire pudding.
I hope I'm made to eat my words.
I quite like Yorkshire puddings.

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2019, 03:44 AM
Welcome Paul, you have my full support.

Have to be honest and say I am feeling massively underwhelmed though. I notice LD mentions “fitting into the structure” again, so she has her yes man. Last chance for LD and her structure. Get the impression we did not get our man and would have preferred leaving May as interim until end of season (that’s if he’d agree) and take our time over this.

Also, 3.5 year deal surprises me a lot, particularly in the modern football era. Presume there must be some form of clause that we can terminate contract for nothing/reduced package if certain objectives are not met.

heid the baw
14-02-2019, 04:03 AM
Underwhelmed but then the last guy was always going to be a hard act to follow.
Have to get behind him because he is the Hibs manager because that's what fans do.
The whole process from the suspension right through has been one of expense we didn't need, and no one can say we have benefitted from switching managers.
Nothing in his interview inspired me. He sounds every bit like a second choice. I hope he is better at inspiring professional footballers.

PaulSmith
14-02-2019, 05:10 AM

I'm not sure if you are being serious here or not, that midfield and attackers have a lot of qualities but legs and energy ain't two of them.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2019, 05:26 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

JOD on mate

Brizo
14-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Thought he spoke well enough but wonder if we might see a more pragmatic style of football than we've been accustomed to from the last two managers ?

Its a low profile appointment but so were Mowbray and Stubbsy. I'm working on the basis that LD has got it right with her last two appointments and that her 100% success rate continues.

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2019, 06:20 AM
I hope to heck for his sake he hits the ground running, as the overall feeling I get on this board about this managerial appointment is, underwhelmed, it wont take long for folk to get on his case I feel.

bigwheel
14-02-2019, 06:27 AM
I hope to heck for his sake he hits the ground running, as the overall feeling I get on this board about this managerial appointment is, underwhelmed, it wont take long for folk to get on his case I feel.

I’m sure we all do..and I will give him and the team 100 percent support . It’s not surprising there is a mixed reaction . It would appear he wasn’t the first choice, albeit remained in the process the whole time . Perhaps more importantly, there isn’t much about his background to suggest he is the exceptional candidate ..mind you Mowbray’s appointment was received in a similar fashion - so let’s hope he has the same impact [emoji106]

Wakeyhibee
14-02-2019, 06:28 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

If NL was one of the best ever managers we've had then youll need to re write the history books for Hibs.

I enjoyed his tenure but "One of the best ever"? Really???

marinello59
14-02-2019, 06:29 AM

I’m not so sure. Whilst many of us know little about him the vast majority of Hibs fans will give him a fair bit of time to find his feet. As a group of fans we do tend to be more understanding and patient than we give ourselves credit for. The noise on social media and here can often distort the reality of what is actually happening in the stands.

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2019, 06:29 AM
I’m sure we all do..and I will give him and the team 100 percent support . It’s not surprising there is a mixed reaction . It would appear he wasn’t the first choice, albeit remained in the process the whole time . Perhaps more importantly, there isn’t much about his background to suggest he is the exceptional candidate ..mind you Mowbray’s appointment was received in a similar fashion - so let’s hope he has the same impact [emoji106]

100% backing fae me, especially since I am home for his first game in charge :flag:

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 06:30 AM
Have to get behind him because he is the Hibs manager because that's what fans do.
The whole process from the suspension right through has been one of expense we didn't need, and no one can say we have benefitted from switching managers.
Nothing in his interview inspired me. He sounds every bit like a second choice. I hope he is better at inspiring professional footballers.

The last guy left our squad in a right state with some shocking signings and scrambling to get top 6.

Quite an easy act to follow.

The Spaceman
14-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Good luck to you Paul!

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2019, 06:40 AM
3 1/2 years contract, hope we have a get out of jail card if he turns out to be Butcheresque :wink:

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2019, 06:40 AM

Have to be honest and say I am feeling massively underwhelmed though. I notice LD mentions “fitting into the structure” again, so she has her yes man. Last chance for LD and her structure. Get the impression we did not get our man and would have preferred leaving May as interim until end of season (that’s if he’d agree) and take our time over this.

Also, 3.5 year deal surprises me a lot, particularly in the modern football era. Presume there must be some form of clause that we can terminate contract for nothing/reduced package if certain objectives are not met.

Why is it the last chance? Apart from this season her structure has worked very well.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Welcome, Paul and Robbie! :flag: :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Why is it the last chance? Apart from this season her structure has worked very well.

If it fails this time, over the next season and a half, which presumably will be the minimum PH will be given you would feel the same?

That’s not what I want to happen FWIW!

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 06:48 AM

Agree.

I'm not sure this seasons disaster is the fault of the club structure. Unless the structure was picking the team and motivating the players.

Structure is fine.

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 06:52 AM
I’m not so sure. Whilst many of us know little about him the vast majority of Hibs fans will give him a fair bit of time to find his feet. As a group of fans we do tend to be more understanding and patient than we give ourselves credit for. The noise on social media and here can often distort the reality of what is actually happening in the stands.

We tend to be more understanding and patient than we give ourselves credit for?

We hounded out yogi, fenlon and mixu, people wanted Stubbs out before the the Scottish cup, people wanted Lennon out last season before we had qualified for Europe.

This guy if he loses a couple of games is going to be under pressure straight away, I hope not but it's the feeling I get given the reaction to his appointment.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 06:52 AM

Yeah - in Leeann's time here we've only had a Scottish Cup win, promotion and Europe. :wink:

The Harp Awakes
14-02-2019, 06:54 AM

Exactly right. Both Head Coach and assistant out of a job since mid 2018, and not a great amount of managerial experience between them and what they have is patchy. If you were being critical you'd say a cheap option by Hibs. If you were being optimistic you'd say the Board have got it right with their last 2 appointments so every chance of success this time.

Have to say I'm very sceptical this will work out, but we all need to get behind the new guys. Welcome both.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 06:55 AM

We hounded out yogi, fenlon and mixu, people wanted Stubbs out before the the Scottish cup, people wanted Lennon out last season before we had qualified for Europe.

This guy if he loses a couple of games is going to be under pressure straight away, I hope not but it's the feeling I get given the reaction to his appointment.

The "I told you so" merchants are sharpening their pencils right now...

You're right - people have no patience. I wonder what the reaction will be on Saturday at the first misplaced pass?

greenpaper55
14-02-2019, 06:55 AM
It seems he likes to play a high pressing game you know the way some teams do to us ! There will be a few players with tired legs after training i think, good luck to the new man.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 06:57 AM
Exactly right. Both Head Coach and assistant out of a job since mid 2018, and not a great amount of managerial experience between them. If you were being critical you'd say a cheap option by Hibs. If you were being optimistic you'd say the Board have got it right with their last 2 appointments so every chance of success this time.

Have to say I'm very sceptical this will work out, but we all need to get behind the new guys. Welcome both.

Stubbs and Mowbray between them didn't have as much management experience as Heckingbottom.

matty_f
14-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Yeah - in Leeann's time here we've only had a Scottish Cup win, promotion and Europe. :wink:

And record attendances, and the youth team winning the double.

Hardly strikes me as evidence of a failing system.

flash
14-02-2019, 07:07 AM
A new dawn over Easter Road. I reckon, if nothing else, the players might start enjoying their football again.

flash
14-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Exactly right. Both Head Coach and assistant out of a job since mid 2018, and not a great amount of managerial experience between them and what they have is patchy. If you were being critical you'd say a cheap option by Hibs. If you were being optimistic you'd say the Board have got it right with their last 2 appointments so every chance of success this time.

Our best two managers in recent years, Mowbray and Stubbs, had no managerial experience at all.

Unseen work
14-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Yes being serious.

Its about when to press, being in the right position and doing it with aggression.

Mackie, Horgan and Slivka played a massive role in how we played against Celtic with the high press and being in there face.

McNulty and Kamberi can get get and if coaches could be a nightmare to play against in that system.

Milligan will sit deeper, organise those around him and enforce the press.

Stevenson and Gray always have energy to get forward and press the opposition.

Granted it’s not ideal, but for what he is after I think that’s the team that would do it.

Peevemor
14-02-2019, 07:12 AM

The "structure" is what permitted the smooth transition between Stubbs and Lennon.

In the past, each new manager would change the set up from top to bottom, often bringing in mates to take over various coaching positions, etc. In addition they would often have to cull the playing squad, trying desperately to offload mediocre players brought in using the previous manager's contacts.

Obviously any new person is going to change things a bit, but the idea is to bring in 1st team coaches who adhere to the system in place - one which is tried and tested throughout Europe.

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 07:15 AM
And record attendances, and the youth team winning the double.

Hardly strikes me as evidence of a failing system.

System works perfectly. Manager runs out of ideas. System is broken.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2019, 07:29 AM
I felt the same but if you haven't already it's worth taking the time to watch the whole of his first interview. Hard not to warm to the guy.

I have just listened to it and yes it is a good interview and he does speak well but I honestly don't place a huge amount of importance on manager interviews. I've heard too many over the years that have said all the right things but then it doesn't transfer onto the pitch.

I thought a lot of the questions he was being asked were basically consisting of the interviewer giving him the answer as part of the question and asking if he agreed with it, rather than asking open questions that required Heckingbottom to actually think about his own answer. That's not his fault but I felt the interviewer could have done better.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with this squad for the rest of the season. If he can get us playing the type of football he talks about then I'll be delighted.

Golden Bear
14-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Roll on Saturday.

Another chapter in the proud history of our Club is about to open.

Best of luck Paul and Robbie!

Peevemor
14-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Roll on Saturday.

Another chapter in the proud history of our Club is about to open.

Best of luck Paul and Robbie!

100% this.

This will be my first free weekend this year. I'll need to use all my cunning to ensure that whatever my wife and kids have in mind for me leaves me free to watch the match.

marinello59
14-02-2019, 07:47 AM

Yogi, Mixu and Fenlon in particular had much more than a couple of games to prove themselves.
I don't remember any groundswell of opinion wanting Lennon out last season. You've simply made that bit up.

brydekirk
14-02-2019, 07:56 AM
Welcome to Hibernian Heckles 👍

Gloucester Hibs
14-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Yogi, Mixu and Fenlon in particular had much more than a couple of games to prove themselves.
I don't remember any groundswell of opinion wanting Lennon out last season. You've simply made that bit up.

Fenlon should have been got shot of way before he finally departed. It's a myth that we adopt a hire 'em and fire 'em approach to managers. If anything we hang onto them too long and are too reluctant to pull the trigger until our hand is finally forced for whatever reason. Calderwood is a classic example; his results were woeful and he was actively taking the piss but we hung onto him in the hope that another club (was it Forrest?) would come in and take him of our hands gratis.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 08:00 AM

Yes man :hilarious

Would you prefer we appointed someone who didn't fit into our structure?

Michael
14-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Fenlon should have been got shot of way before he finally departed. It's a myth that we adopt a hire 'em and fire 'em approach to managers. If anything we hang onto them too long and are too reluctant to pull the trigger until our hand is finally forced for whatever reason. Calderwood is a classic example; his results were woeful and he was actively taking the piss but we hung onto him in the hope that another club (was it Forrest?) would come in and take him of our hands gratis.

Another club offered money for him which we turned down and had to sack him a couple months later. Petrie's worst decision.

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Yes man :hilarious

Would you prefer we appointed someone who didn't fit into our structure?

Perhaps an emotive response by me, but can’t help feeling underwhelmed by the appointment and also have doubts over LD future based on hearing first hand about her treatment or colleagues (which I’ve posted elsewhere) and the whole NL fiasco.

That said, I wish PH all the best and hope he succeeds. One thing we need to give him is time and as a support we need to be patient, something we’re not very good at.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2019, 08:06 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

JOD - Jambo on drugs...

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 08:09 AM

I made that up? After the hearts game at tynie on 9th may people wanted him out how can you possibly deny that.

The fact that it's relatively well known that we have one of the shortest lifespans for managers in Scotland tells us all we need to know. Unless we are going to deny that as well.

Anyway it's doesn't matter good luck Paul.

Callum_62
Im not sure Heckingbottom would be cheap either

I think he might be a shrewd appointment

theonlywayisup
A new dawn over Easter Road. I reckon, if nothing else, the players might start enjoying their football again.

Is this a dig at Lennon?

If so, Lennon's gone so give it a rest.

PeeJay
14-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Must admit I have no idea who the guy is, but I wish him all the best at ER and hope he does a good job for us ... his interview on HIBS TV was pretty decent - good luck to him!

JohnMcM
14-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Let's get on with it now Paul and Robbie.

:flag:

marinello59
14-02-2019, 08:12 AM
I made that up? After the hearts game at tynie people wanted him out how can you possibly deny that.

A few people posting an emotional response to a Derby defeat doesn’t constitute a campaign to hound a manager out does it?

Allant1981
14-02-2019, 08:15 AM

PAUL ??????

GTF Leanne

Clown

theonlywayisup

Unfortunately, that will only change when the midfield gains the confidence to hold onto the ball and play the forward pass and we have forwards that know if they run into space that they'll receive it.

Last season's midfield had great confidence in their ability to retain possession and win it back immediately they lost it. I don't see the same ability in this season's midfield.

pacoluna
A few people posting an emotional response to a Derby defeat doesn’t constitute a campaign to hound a manager out does it?

No not just an emotional response, people to this day saying he should have gone after that game.

As I said before as a club we have a bad reputation for managerial lifespans at the club, there's a reason for that.

SquashedFrogg
Is this a dig at Lennon?

If so, Lennon's gone so give it a rest.

I'm not so sure it's a dig at Lennon. Players have looked low in confidence, even since he left as well. Fresh start will put a spring in everyone's step this morning :agree:

PatHead
14-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Another club offered money for him which we turned down and had to sack him a couple months later. Petrie's worst decision.

I am definitely not a Petrie supporter but that is an urban myth. Forest enquired about Calder wood, we gave them a figure and they did not take it further.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 08:21 AM

Calderwood was doing quite well for us when Forest started talking in the press about taking our manager.

It was incredibly disrespectful and that, plus a decent showing from Calderwood up to that point, made RP refuse to give NF permission to speak to him.

Most of us agreed with Rid at the time, but Calderwood was pissed off and started sabotaging our games. It really was Calderwood's fault.

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Delighted!

Both will have great knowledge of the gems from the lower leagues down in England, where we will no doubt start find arriving at Easter Road soon. Absolutely delighted with this appointment.

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2019, 08:28 AM
JOD - Jambo on drugs...

Yip.

The Modfather
14-02-2019, 08:29 AM
No not just an emotional response, people to this day saying he should have gone after that game.

As I said before as a club we have a bad reputation for managerial lifespans at the club, there's a reason for that.

What’s the reason for that?

Hiber-nation
14-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Calderwood was doing quite well for us when Forest started talking in the press about taking our manager.

It was incredibly disrespectful and that, plus a decent showing from Calderwood up to that point, made RP refuse to give NF permission to speak to him.

Most of us agreed with Rid at the time, but Calderwood was pissed off and started sabotaging our games. It really was Calderwood's fault.

As I recall it there was a short lived decent run of wins at the beginning of the year but by the time the news broke about the Forest interest (end of the season I think?) our form was dreadful - don't think we won a game in the bottom 6 fixtures and the majority of fans would have been glad to see the back of him.

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 08:35 AM
What’s the reason for that?

A great amount of impatience within our fanbase.

Gloucester Hibs
14-02-2019, 08:36 AM
As I recall it there was a short lived decent run of wins at the beginning of the year but by the time the news broke about the Forest interest (end of the season I think?) our form was dreadful - don't think we won a game in the bottom 6 fixtures and the majority of fans would have been glad to see the back of him.

That's my recollection too. He won 5 in a row around about Feb/March time, but the season went downhill soon after with us going on an awful run. Petrie should've driven him down to Nottingham personally and waived any fee they were willing to pay!

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 08:37 AM

There was a tug of war between Hibs, Forest and Birmingham City so Calderwood must have been doing something right.

As it turns out, Petrie was in a no win situation.

Had he taken the compensation, he would have been slated for caring more about the cash than our team. He won the tug of war, but Calderwood shafted him for doing so.

Here's an article from the Scotsman which gives an indication of what was going on. I do remember McClaren being hugely disrespectful to us and I was pleased RP stood up to him.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/birmingham-chief-vows-to-continue-pursuit-of-hibs-boss-calderwood-1-1728163

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 08:40 AM
That's my recollection too. He won 5 in a row around about Feb/March time, but the season went downhill soon after with us going on an awful run. Petrie should've driven him down to Nottingham personally and waived any fee they were willing to pay!

That's definitely not my recollection. Certainly, in the end most Hibs fans were pleased to see the back of him, but not at the time Forest came sniffing around.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Back to today's news - do Hibs ever benefit from a new manager bounce?

jacomo
14-02-2019, 08:42 AM

This is the 3rd Head Coach appointed under LD’s structure.

Given the first two appointments were largely successful, I think the new one deserves a chance, no?

How can it be the ‘last chance’??

Peevemor
14-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Back to today's news - do Hibs ever benefit from a new manager bounce?

We did under Butcher.

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 08:45 AM
For anyone who thinks "fitting into the structure" means doing what Leeann says, here's an insight:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/new-hibs-manager-the-backroom-structure-in-place-waiting-for-the-new-boss-1-4872541

The 90+2
14-02-2019, 08:47 AM
I made that up? After the hearts game at tynie on 9th may people wanted him out how can you possibly deny that.

The fact that it's relatively well known that we have one of the shortest lifespans for managers in Scotland tells us all we need to know. Unless we are going to deny that as well.

Downright lies. Nobody wanted Lennon our after the hearts match.

Brightside
14-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Impressed by his interview and everything ive read over the last few days. Both of the leading candidates were impressive and i reckon we've got the best available. Fitting the structure of the club is vital to the continued stability. I'm hopeful that the future can be a bit more about the team and a bit less about the Head Coach. The new man will at least need a transfer window to show what he can do at our club so I hope the fans will give him that time and remember he is inheriting a squad for the rest of the season.

The Modfather
14-02-2019, 08:48 AM
A great amount of impatience within our fanbase.

Is that actually true though? The last manager I can remember the Hibs support being directly responsible for getting them sacked was Mixu. Where the decision was taken on the back of poor season ticket sales.

The 90+2
14-02-2019, 08:51 AM
There was a tug of war between Hibs, Forest and Birmingham City so Calderwood must have been doing something right.

As it turns out, Petrie was in a no win situation.

Had he taken the compensation, he would have been slated for caring more about the cash than our team. He won the tug of war, but Calderwood shafted him for doing so.

Here's an article from the Scotsman which gives an indication of what was going on. I do remember McClaren being hugely disrespectful to us and I was pleased RP stood up to him.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/birmingham-chief-vows-to-continue-pursuit-of-hibs-boss-calderwood-1-1728163

He was a guy who clearly didn’t want to be here and results where ***** before that approach.

Who cares anyway. We have a guy as HC who very much wants to be at our club.

Gloucester Hibs
14-02-2019, 08:52 AM
That's definitely not my recollection. Certainly, in the end most Hibs fans were pleased to see the back of him, but not at the time Forest came sniffing around.

Just had a google and it does seem like Coco was hot property in the summer of 2011! God knows how considering he guided us to the bottom 6 having not won a game post-split.

Anyway back on topic, pleased with the appointment of PHB and thought he came across well in the interview. Best of luck Paul!

Peevemor
14-02-2019, 08:53 AM
For anyone who thinks "fitting into the structure" means doing what Leeann says, here's an insight:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/new-hibs-manager-the-backroom-structure-in-place-waiting-for-the-new-boss-1-4872541

"Heck" was very clear in his Hibs TV interview yesterday in that his exchanges with the various "departments" will be a 2 way thing and that he's looking forward to tweaking things as required in an effort to obtain optimum results.

This suggests that he has a certain amount of leeway which would have been discussed prior to him being offered/taking the job.

CapitalGreen
14-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Just had a google and it does seem like Coco was hot property in the summer of 2011! God knows how considering he guided us to the bottom 6 having not won a game post-split.

Anyway back on topic, pleased with the appointment of PHB and thought he came across well in the interview. Best of luck Paul!

He was wanted as an Assistant Manager by both Chris Hughton and Steve McLaren. Nobody was after his services to be Manager.

Brightside
14-02-2019, 08:56 AM

Plenty people on here wanted Lennon out after the hearts game. Our displays against Hearts have been poor and we have basically given up playing football against them.

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 09:11 AM

You try to use an assertive tone when you don't agree yet act like a little bairn when your offended, you try to much.

People said that after the hearts game on may 9th when Lennon let rip into the players and said maybe he can't take the club any further forward, that's when he should have left and that's when he lost the dressing room. People to this day still stay that's when he should have left so it not "downright lies".

Northernhibee
14-02-2019, 09:12 AM
You try to use an assertive tone when you don't agree yet act like a little bairn when your offended, you try to much.

People said that after the hearts game on may 9th when Lennon let rip into the players and said maybe he can't take the club any further forward, that's when she should have left and that's when he lost the dressing room. People to this day still stay that's when he should have left so it not "downright lies".

Lennon is no longer a part of Hibernian Football Club. Can you not put this on one of the Lennon FC pages rather than drag this further off topic?

wfortune
14-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Downright lies. Nobody wanted Lennon our after the hearts match.I did. No one should be bigger than the club. If he was considering his position then so should the board. I would have been quite happy for him to leave at the end of last season.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Lennon is no longer a part of Hibernian Football Club. Can you not put this on one of the Lennon FC pages rather than drag this further off topic?

I gave a list of managers that have been given the boot posters decided to once again concentrate on Lennon, not myself .
So keep your gross hypocracy to yourself.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 09:29 AM

People said that after the hearts game on may 9th when Lennon let rip into the players and said maybe he can't take the club any further forward, that's when he should have left and that's when he lost the dressing room. People to this day still stay that's when he should have left so it not "downright lies".

There were definitely calls for Lennon to go after the hearts game. Not as many as there were in January, but they were there.

Some people wanted Stubbs back even then!

Crazyhorse
14-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Plenty people on here wanted Lennon out after the hearts game. Our displays against Hearts have been poor and we have basically given up playing football against them.

Well he is out! It seems a bit pointless arguing over it now.

Now let's see what PH can do, he has a tough task turning this season around.

proud_and_green
14-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Very good interview although it sounds like the interviewer is speaking through the east stand tannoy system.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
14-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Apologies if already posted, but this is an encouraging read:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17429434.adam-hammill-paul-heckingbottom-worked-wonders-at-barnsley-its-a-no-brainer-for-hibernian-to-appoint-him/

Kojock
14-02-2019, 10:46 AM
My only advice to PH is don’t ever again turn up at ER or EM wearing a blue tie and jumper.

One Day Soon
14-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Very good interview although it sounds like the interviewer is speaking through the east stand tannoy system.

While wearing a balaclava the wrong way around.

jacomo
14-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Apologies if already posted, but this is an encouraging read:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17429434.adam-hammill-paul-heckingbottom-worked-wonders-at-barnsley-its-a-no-brainer-for-hibernian-to-appoint-him/

I’m certainly not going to hold his Leeds experience against him.

That club has been a mess for years, has taken a huge figure in Bielsa to turn them around.

Heedersnvolleys
14-02-2019, 11:18 AM

I agree, came across well, my only reservation and this has no impact on his abilities is that I got the impression he seemed a bit desperate??? I wasn't totally convinced when he came out with the "waiting for the right opportunity" quote. I just got the feeling he was at the stage he would take any job. Maybe a bit harsh???

Rumble de Thump
14-02-2019, 11:22 AM
I agree, came across well, my only reservation and this has no impact on his abilities is that I got the impression he seemed a bit desperate??? I wasn't totally convinced when he came out with the "waiting for the right opportunity" quote. I just got the feeling he was at the stage he would take any job. Maybe a bit harsh???

Everything suggested the opposite.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2019, 11:25 AM
We did under Butcher.We did but, just for balance, he followed it with a spectacular and irreversible butcher splat.[emoji6]

Bostonhibby
14-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Downright lies. Nobody wanted Lennon our after the hearts match.I began to doubt his commitment afterwards and know a few others who were thinking the same way.

Water under the bridge now.....

Bostonhibby
14-02-2019, 11:30 AM
While wearing a balaclava the wrong way around.[emoji3]and his heid inside a biscuit barrel.

Percy Vere
14-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Wow, the message board has went crazy with this news, not 😳. Welcome Paul and all the very best of luck to you. 👍 GGTTH

Watched the interview on Hibs TV. Definitely think this is a great choice by Hibs. He’s hungry and has a good way of talking. I’m hopeful this is a positive appointment and welcome Heck of the Hibees. GGTTH

heretoday
14-02-2019, 11:43 AM
He looks a hard man!

He had some flak to endure at Barnsley and Leeds. They are deadly rivals after all.

Hopefully,the headlines will be about matters on the pitch from now on.

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 11:48 AM
[emoji3]and his heid inside a biscuit barrel.

whilst sitting on the moon...

matty_f
14-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Watched the interview on Hibs TV. Definitely think this is a great choice by Hibs. He’s hungry and has a good way of talking. I’m hopeful this is a positive appointment and welcome Heck of the Hibees. GGTTH

It's a good interview - I liked the questions - quite often in interviews the interviewer asks lots of closed questions, but in this one there's some really good open questions so I think you get a better answer.

I didn't notice the issue with the sound that some have mentioned.

Lago
14-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Seem to be an awful lot of ' underwhelmed ' newbees on here.😂

heid the baw
14-02-2019, 12:19 PM

I have been watching hibs since the Tornados. I remain underwhelmed by this appointment and disappointed with the whole Lennon situation. For example we have a home tie against celtic coming up. Last time they came to ER we beat them well, next game at Celtic Park, toothless with not one shot on target. Newbees like me can recall long periods when we took nothing and almost expected nothing from games against Celtic. I would hate to see a return to that.
I will get behind Heckinbottom and the team, but I reserve the right to be underwhelmed

Blaster
14-02-2019, 01:05 PM
I have been watching hibs since the Tornados. I remain underwhelmed by this appointment and disappointed with the whole Lennon situation. For example we have a home tie against celtic coming up. Last time they came to ER we beat them well, next game at Celtic Park, toothless with not one shot on target. Newbees like me can recall long periods when we took nothing and almost expected nothing from games against Celtic. I would hate to see a return to that.
I will get behind Heckinbottom and the team, but I reserve the right to be underwhelmed

Out of curiosity who would have overwhelmed you?

GloryGlory
14-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Or even just whelmed you? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 01:37 PM
whilst sitting on the moon...

Aye, and on the dark side of it.

Keith_M
14-02-2019, 01:39 PM
I remain underwhelmed by this appointment and disappointed with the whole Lennon situation. For example we have a home tie against celtic coming up. Last time they came to ER we beat them well, next game at Celtic Park, toothless with not one shot on target. Newbees like me can recall long periods when we took nothing and almost expected nothing from games against Celtic. I would hate to see a return to that

If you want to examine it that closely, you could equally say that we beat Celtc under Lennon then were completely toothless when we played Hearts shortly after, also under his tutelage.

I was personally quite underwhelmed by Lennon's last three months in charge, so it's not like we've gone backwards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, welcome to Hibs, Mr UnfortunateName

:thumbsup:

SanFranHibs
14-02-2019, 01:42 PM
With respects to managerial appointments by Hibs there is only one time I felt disappointed enough to express it on this forum, though tried to temper my bad feeling about Butcher's appointment as being 'underwhelmed' rather than entirely against it. I must also say I was disappointed the Neil Lennon left our club. However, as soon it was apparent he was on his way I was over it and eager to move on.

When Heckingbottom's name was first mentioned on this forum I thought 'who the hell is Heckingbottom?', but that is just an indication of my poor football knowledge. I am pleased we did not take the caretaker route as that in itself may have resulted in even more unsettled times as we would soon be 'debating' if they had done enough to merit changing their status to permanent and should they be allowed to bring in players if they might not be here too long that might take up wages that our next permanent manager could have used. Maybe not a positive way to view the caretaker approach.

It think it was PB who said these guys start with a clean slate and there is more to that than might be readily apparent. We can only judge them on their performance, not on what we think other managers/coaches might have done for the rest of the season.

I am far from being a Hibs board sycophant but it seems to me they have been in complete control of this situation and I think the appointment of Heckingbottom and Stockdale shows long term vision because 3 1/2 years is long term for this position at Easter Road. If they should leave in 3 years time because they are much sought after because of the great job they have done then it is a win-win situation. Regardless of one leaving us after a cup win (for whatever reason) and one leaving my mutual consent our last two appointments in their own ways worked out pretty good and both helped the resurgence of optimism at our club.

All interviews produce many of the same sound bites, 'excited to be at a big club', 'great facilities', great history' etc but after listening to Heckingbottoms and Stockdales interviews I am genuinely very excited to see them build their team and look forward to watching them stamp their brand on the team. I liked what Heckingbottom said about reaching the top 6. 'We will have to play like a top 2 club to get there'.

At least we can turn the page to the next chapter.

heid the baw
14-02-2019, 01:47 PM

Overwhelmed is not something that I would use but in terms of firing the imagination I would say Collins and Lennon were the managers who did that.
Turnbull was simply Hibs class.

The 90+2
14-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Overwhelmed is not something that I would use but in terms of firing the imagination I would say Collins and Lennon were the managers who did that.

Why Collins? Prior to Hibs he done zero in football management?

Blaster
14-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Who would you have liked this time? Strachan was my preferred choice but clearly not interested. There didn’t seem to be a lot of obvious candidates which we could get excited about

pacoluna
14-02-2019, 02:04 PM

What you suggesting?

Majority of people had probably never heard of him, I had to look him up on wiki.

Usually managerial appointments that no one has heard off are going to be underwhelming. However I was underwelmed with Tony mowbray but pleased with butchers appointment so it really doesn't matter if we are underwelmed or not, playing attractive football and winning games is all that matters but as said before I think that people will be quick to jump on his back due to the previous managerial situation.

Brightside
14-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Why Collins? Prior to Hibs he done zero in football management?

The passing....the moving.... the tempo

Lago
14-02-2019, 02:05 PM
One thing really does please me is that Hibs have not taken the,easy route & pulled a well known name out of the Scottish football gene pool. The number of times Jim McIntyre has popped up is amazing. New coaches with new ideas, great all forit !!

makaveli1875
14-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the Hibees Paul . Seems like a young ambitious manager that likes to attack . Wish him all the best and will be pulling a sickie from work on saturday to go to the game

Lago
14-02-2019, 02:09 PM
What you suggesting?

Majority of people had probably never heard of him, I had to look him up on wiki.

Usually managerial appointments that no one has heard off are going to be underwhelming. However I was underwelmed with Tony mowbray but pleased with butchers appointment so it really doesn't matter if we are underwelmed or not, playing attractive football and winning games is all that matters but as said before I think that people will be quick to jump on his back due to the previous managerial situation.
I wasn't underwhelmed nor did I have to look him up on the internet, at the very least his recruitment & dismissal by Leeds is well known if your interested in football in general. :agree:

JOD
14-02-2019, 02:10 PM
JOD - Jambo on drugs...

No it is Jim O'Donnell actually and you can say that to my face

I can be contacted in any one of my 3 season ticket seats

FF QQ 111/2/3

and I Still think it is a poor appointment but time will tell.

heid the baw
14-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Who would you have liked this time? Strachan was my preferred choice but clearly not interested. There didn’t seem to be a lot of obvious candidates which we could get excited about

Yes Strachan for me, but my preference would have been don't suspend Lennon but take a day or two and sort it out without any public announcement.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Yes Strachan for me, but my preference would have been don't suspend Lennon but take a day or two and sort it out without any public announcement.

Regardless of what he did?

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 02:28 PM

FF QQ 111/2/3

Are you up in the singing section? Or near?

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2019, 02:31 PM

Agreed.

I don’t get why some posters on here want us all to think the same way. What difference does it make to others if you are excited or not by the new man?

We will all get behind him, that goes without saying.

It doesn’t mean we should pretend to be overjoyed like some on here though.

green day
14-02-2019, 02:34 PM

.....the ball is round.....

JOD
14-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Are you up in the singing section? Or near?

Just behind it M8

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Agreed.

I don’t get why some posters on here want us all to think the same way. What difference does it make to others if you are excited or not by the new man?

We will all get behind him, that goes without saying.

It doesn’t mean we should pretend to be overjoyed like some on here though.

I think it's joy, relief, excitement all rolled into one for me.

The club, team, supporters can now move on into a new era.

Although I'm certainly not expecting everyone to feel the same as me.

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Just behind it M8

Cool. Swithering about relocating. Canny hear the buggers along in the East.

hibsbollah
14-02-2019, 02:56 PM
I really like the way he was speaking about being obsessive about tactics, reading about 10 ways to beat Sarri's 433 at Napoli and so on. That geeky obsessive behaviour from a coach appeals to me.

On the other hand, I still cant really trust a man with such a daft name.

So, on balance, I want to hear his views on Brexit and the new Big Mac with Bacon before he wins me over.

CapitalGreen
14-02-2019, 03:02 PM

FF QQ 111/2/3

Why would you need 3 season ticket seats!? what size are you?

Tug Wilson
14-02-2019, 03:10 PM
One thing really does please me is that Hibs have not taken the,easy route & pulled a well known name out of the Scottish football gene pool. The number of times Jim McIntyre has popped up is amazing. New coaches with new ideas, great all forit !!

Agreed. Often we hear people saying that the new manager needs to know the Scottish game. Very insular way of looking in my opinion. We need someone who has fresh ideas and brings impetus to the club. I am neither under or over whelmed. Simply do not know enough about the man to comment. He has significant managerial experience. Both good and bad. He seems intelligent and confident. I can see the players taking to him.

Hector Mudflap
14-02-2019, 03:28 PM
I had hoped Stubbs would come back and that the feel good factor would return to the Club. It may well just be me but I definitely felt that the club was on a high and the supporters were finally behind the club when Stubbs and Doolan were here. It decreased under Lennon and Was not particularly bothered when he left/was sacked. Stubbs win rate was way above Lennons and the vast majority of managers we had been used to and for that reason I was hoping that we would look to get him back. Let's face it he was always going to say yes and he knew a lot of the players.
We now have a guy (possibly second choice) I have never heard of and as someone else pointed out that may be my lack of knowledge on the English game but I think it was the wrong choice especially as we are in a very dangerous period. We need success to keep the stands full and the team buoyant. I would be extremely surprised if the players had heard of him.
They have to be at least respectful of the manger if not in awe.

To say I am worried is an understatement.
I wasn't keen on Appleton either for all the same reasons but when a man changes his mind based on his sacking payment(if that is indeed true) then that for me is a reason to not employ him.

I dearly hope that Im wrong but fans are not known for patience and I figure he will not get anywhere near the time to settle that Stubbs would have.

worried.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2019, 03:34 PM
whilst sitting on the moon...[emoji3]You've been in some of the pubs I've been in.

matty_f
14-02-2019, 03:35 PM
I had hoped Stubbs would come back and that the feel good factor would return to the Club. It may well just be me but I definitely felt that the club was on a high and the supporters were finally behind the club when Stubbs and Doolan were here. It decreased under Lennon and Was not particularly bothered when he left/was sacked. Stubbs win rate was way above Lennons and the vast majority of managers we had been used to and for that reason I was hoping that we would look to get him back. Let's face it he was always going to say yes and he knew a lot of the players.
We now have a guy (possibly second choice) I have never heard of and as someone else pointed out that may be my lack of knowledge on the English game but I think it was the wrong choice especially as we are in a very dangerous period. We need success to keep the stands full and the team buoyant. I would be extremely surprised if the players had heard of him.

I wasn't keen on Appleton either for all the same reasons but when a man changes his mind based on his sacking payment(if that is indeed true) then that for me is a reason to not employ him.

I dearly hope that Im wrong but fans are not known for patience and I figure he will not get anywhere near the time to settle that Stubbs would have.

worried.

I think it might just be you...

It's a bit weird that the default position is "I don't know therefore I'll assume the worst." Why would anyone do that?

The guy has a good reputation as a coach/head coach - to the point where a big English club (Leeds) headhunted him from his role at Barnsley, where he'd enjoyed a successful time.

It didn't work out at Leeds, but he's gone out and improved his skills, getting a Masters degree in sports coaching as well as his pro licencese.

Yet despite that, your first thought is to worry that he won't cut it?

Hibbyradge
14-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Says Hibsbollah :coolhib:

swin82
14-02-2019, 03:50 PM

It's a bit weird that the default position is "I don't know therefore I'll assume the worst." Why would anyone do that?

The guy has a good reputation as a coach/head coach - to the point where a big English club (Leeds) headhunted him from his role at Barnsley, where he'd enjoyed a successful time.

It didn't work out at Leeds, but he's gone out and improved his skills, getting a Masters degree in sports coaching as well as his pro licencese.

Well said that man👍🏻

green day
14-02-2019, 03:52 PM
I really like the way he was speaking about being obsessive about tactics, reading about 10 ways to beat Sarri's 433 at Napoli and so on. That geeky obsessive behaviour from a coach appeals to me.

So, on balance, I want to hear his views on Brexit and the new Big Mac with Bacon before he wins me over.

Theres a Big Mac with bacon :grr::grr:

Hector Mudflap
14-02-2019, 03:53 PM

Indeed yep that's my life as a Hibs fan.
In my line of work I have met many many people with degrees and diplomas in all sorts or associated fields who have brought nothing to the position other than those "paper proofs". A masters degree in a sports theory doesn't really count for much IMvHO.
I'm only saying the truth in how I feel. I wholeheartedly hope that I am wrong.
Had he been the messiah for Leeds and left after years of success and having brought them cups and titles then of course I would feel differently. I'm pretty sure thats human nature. I don't think there are many on here that are absolutely jumping with excitement with the appointment which they may well have been with a household name. Leeds gave him a couple of months before making the call which is also worrying. Though I suppose you would say "Look at Brian Clough" however BC was very much a household name and the Leeds fans definitely were jumping up and down when they landed him.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but I am very underwhelmed.
Time is not something football fans give players let alone unheard of managers.

jacomo
14-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Agreed. Often we hear people saying that the new manager needs to know the Scottish game. Very insular way of looking in my opinion. We need someone who has fresh ideas and brings impetus to the club. I am neither under or over whelmed. Simply do not know enough about the man to comment. He has significant managerial experience. Both good and bad. He seems intelligent and confident. I can see the players taking to him.

It would be fair to say you are whelmed by this appointment.

SanFranHibs
14-02-2019, 04:01 PM

worried.

Do you really think Stubbs guarantees success? I doubt any managerial appointment at Hibs could 'guarantee' success, although our definitions of success might differ greatly. Also, there are quite a lot of players who have arrived since Stubbs departure. Definitely not the same squad. Would any of our players be in awe of Stubbs? Respectful of a manger should be expected but why would you think our players will respect Heckingbottom less than any other manager. Rotherham and St Mirren versus Barnsley and Leeds? I don't think the players will be too concerned about the managers employment history but rather what the manager/coach is trying to implement and there is no reason to expect the personal relationships between the new coaching staff and players will be any less productive.

And as far as the fans not known for their patience....at last something we can all agree on :) But it might be reasoned that Heckingbottom will be given more time as Stubbs would be the one expected to achieve more sooner because of his past association with the club. However, I feel no matter who it is, the results and style of play will determine how patient the fans are. But let's give the man a good run at it. And why bring the negative of an another candidates contract issues into Heckingbottoms appointment. Obviously not an issue for the latter.

A very dangerous period? A little melodramatic for me, although it might have been a good beginning for a Dickens novel.

'It was a very dangerous period....it was a very safe period'
'It was a time of the Top 6...it was a time of the Bottom 6'

Good luck Messrs. Heckingbottom and Stockdale.

JOD
14-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Why would you need 3 season ticket seats!? what size are you?

😁it's called family but don't always sit in the same seats 😊

sambajustice
14-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Do you really think Stubbs guarantees success? I doubt any managerial appointment at Hibs could 'guarantee' success, although our definitions of success might differ greatly. Also, there are quite a lot of players who have arrived since Stubbs departure. Definitely not the same squad. Would any of our players be in awe of Stubbs? Respectful of a manger should be expected but why would you think our players will respect Heckingbottom less than any other manager. Rotherham and St Mirren versus Barnsley and Leeds? I don't think the players will be too concerned about the managers employment history but rather what the manager/coach is trying to implement and there is no reason to expect the personal relationships between the new coaching staff and players will be any less productive.

And as far as the fans not known for their patience....at last something we can all agree on :) But it might be reasoned that Heckingbottom will be given more time as Stubbs would be the one expected to achieve more sooner because of his past association with the club. However, I feel no matter who it is, the results and style of play will determine how patient the fans are. But let's give the man a good run at it. And why bring the negative of an another candidates contract issues into Heckingbottoms appointment. Obviously not an issue for the latter.

A very dangerous period? A little melodramatic for me, although it might have been a good beginning for a Dickens novel.

'It was a very dangerous period....it was a very safe period'
'It was a time of the Top 6...it was a time of the Bottom 6'

Good luck Messrs. Heckingbottom and Stockdale.

Read this and thought of Chumbawumba! LOL

CockneyRebel
14-02-2019, 04:13 PM

I think the guy was talking about appointments and Collins had no experience hence underwhelmed. The moving, passing and tempo came after he joined and was greatly appreciated.

SanFranHibs
14-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Read this and thought of Chumbawumba! LOL

I confess I had to look this up. Or them as I found out.

Thought their other names were interesting....

Also known as:
Skin Disease, Antidote (with The Ex), Scab Aid, Sportchestra, The Middle (as a hoax)

CockneyRebel
14-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Indeed yep that's my life as a Hibs fan.
In my line of work I have met many many people with degrees and diplomas in all sorts or associated fields who have brought nothing to the position other than those "paper proofs". A masters degree in a sports theory doesn't really count for much IMvHO.
I'm only saying the truth in how I feel. I wholeheartedly hope that I am wrong.
Had he been the messiah for Leeds and left after years of success and having brought them cups and titles then of course I would feel differently. I'm pretty sure thats human nature. I don't think there are many on here that are absolutely jumping with excitement with the appointment which they may well have been with a household name. Leeds gave him a couple of months before making the call which is also worrying. Though I suppose you would say "Look at Brian Clough" however BC was very much a household name and the Leeds fans definitely were jumping up and down when they landed him.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but I am very underwhelmed.
Time is not something football fans give players let alone unheard of managers.

If that had happened he wouldn't be here would he?

Hibernia&Alba
14-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Folk I've spoken to today seem a bit apprehensive about Heckingbottom, but that's only because they, like myself, have no idea how it will go. He's an unknown quantity. I get the feeling he will need to make a good start, in order to win the fans over.

Wakeyhibee
14-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Won't bother with the links but seen the journos are all about PH all of a sudden.

Nothing to do with 2nd choice, gone are all the stalling and other derisory remarks.

What a difference a day makes.

weecounty hibby
14-02-2019, 05:06 PM
I didn't post at the time but two people I know told me a week and a half ago that if we got PH it would be a great appointment. One has connections to Morton and the other is a Jambo. Both spoke very highly of him and had only heard good of things about his coaching and methods. Fingers crossed that it works out. Welcome aboard Paul