PDA

View Full Version : What happened to being a supporter ?

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 08:42 AM
I have to say I utterly despair of the amount of undeserved criticism being flung at the club right now, mostly by people who actually claim to be Hibs supporters. Since our relegation and the appointment of Dempsey, we have had some of the most positive, progressive leadership the club has had in decades. We have been promoted, we have won the cup, we have amassed a record points total, we have attracted record season ticket sales. The turnaround has been amazing......but guess what, we’ve hit a blip, our team has been underperforming for a few months and we have lost a manager. Time to circle the wagons, rally round the club and support the staff who have brought about our turn in fortunes ? Not in 2019 it would seem. Instead we get post after post from myopic “customers” ( I won’t call them supporters, because they mind spend money buying tickets, but that doesn’t make you a supporter) desperate to regurgitate any west coast bias rubbish spouted by the red tops and slag off our club. Quite frankly it’s pathetic, puerile and spineless.

stop moaning, show some loyalty and let’s put some trust in our club.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 08:46 AM
I have to say I utterly despair of the amount of undeserved criticism being flung at the club right now, mostly by people who actually claim to be Hibs supporters. Since our relegation and the appointment of Dempsey, we have had some of the most positive, progressive leadership the club has had in decades. We have been promoted, we have won the cup, we have amassed a record points total, we have attracted record season ticket sales. The turnaround has been amazing......but guess what, we’ve hit a blip, our team has been underperforming for a few months and we have lost a manager. Time to circle the wagons, rally round the club and support the staff who have brought about our turn in fortunes ? Not in 2019 it would seem. Instead we get post after post from myopic “customers” ( I won’t call them supporters, because they mind spend money buying tickets, but that doesn’t make you a supporter) desperate to regurgitate any west coast bias rubbish spouted by the red tops and slag off our club. Quite frankly it’s pathetic, puerile and spineless.

100% agree. We need to Makepeace with each other and move on. :aok:

Wembley67
13-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Social media has made it a chuffing nightmare, I sometimes wish this board was never created!

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 08:47 AM

What's happened to supporters suddenly becoming patronising beyond belief just because others oppose their opinion, these kind of threads are boring. People like yourself bemoan any sort of criticism of our cub yet are quite happy to berate an element of our support that regardless of what you suggest all have the same thing in common.. supporting hibs.

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 08:55 AM
The "Hibs way" is to have one good season in the top flight followed by about 3 bad ones. Currently we are showing no sign of bucking that trend.

I backed the board when it looked like progress was being made in the Chamiponship and last season. The warning signs are there that we are reverting back to type. It's entirely possible that we can turn this season around, in which case all criticism will disappear. For the moment though, it's looking unlikely.

We backed the team in record numbers of STs and have accumulated a great deal of transfer money, and so far we are miles off our nearest rivals let alone the top six, and if we fail to make the top six then we are heading for the fourth season this decade without a single win against Hearts, unless we buck a nearly six year trend at Tynecastle. You are allowed to complain.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2019, 09:06 AM
There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism of where we are. Some people People will do this because they care.

Blind acceptance developing into slavish belief is how the maroon balloons allowed themselves to be duped by Romanov and nearly cost them their club as well as the stigma they've been left with.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
13-02-2019, 09:09 AM

Patronising at very best.

jacomo
13-02-2019, 09:16 AM

One for you 80s fans there, pop pickers.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:29 AM

Can I ask you a question ? Would you treat your family the way some of our support are currently treating Hibs ? When things go wrong at home do you start shouting and screaming and throwing your toys out of the pram ? When your kid fails exams or gets in trouble do you just abuse them for stupidity or do you roll up your sleeves and try to help ? When your wife loses her job, and some of the interviews for a new one that she has don't go as well as you've hoped, do you ball her out, call her a shambles and threaten to leave ? Or do you tell her you love her and spend a bit less money down the pub and try to make sure she is confident for her next interview ?

There is nothing wrong with fair criticism of the club. Currently we have had a manager who had been in charge during a massive slump leave...we are trying to find the best replacement. An element of our support decides this is the perfect opportunity to shout "Shambles" and "Pathetic" and generally undermine the club at every opportunity. I don't consider that fair criticism of the club.

.Sean.
13-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Nothing has happened to being a supporter for most of us it’s just the vocal, overnight supporters we picked up when we won the cup don’t like the reality of not getting into Europe ever year and winning cups, this’ll be proven when season ticket renewals barely scrape 10K.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:33 AM
What's happened to supporters suddenly becoming patronising beyond belief just because others oppose their opinion, these kind of threads are boring. People like yourself bemoan any sort of criticism of our cub yet are quite happy to berate an element of our support that regardless of what you suggest all have the same thing in common.. supporting hibs.

I don't bemoan any sort of criticism. I bemoan unjust criticism, when what is needed is support. Be interested in your answer to my post above about how people treat their family by comparison.

Dalianwanda
13-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Is it just to do with opposing opinion or is it how that opinion has been put across. The abuse without foundation thats being displayed is above and beyond. Fair enough if there was something to base it on. So its not bemoaning criticism , its bemoaning moaning. Its bemoaning hysterical words like 'disaster' & 'shambolic' with nothing to back it up. I've no doubt the majority here all want the same thing but theres a few who seem to value 'them being heard' over love for the club (although when challenged they will dress it up as that).

jacomo
13-02-2019, 09:40 AM
I don't bemoan any sort of criticism. I bemoan unjust criticism, when what is needed is support. Be interested in your answer to my post above about how people treat their family by comparison.

You are though. You even suggest Hibs fans who are getting their news from the West Coast rags (in the absence of anything substantial coming from the club) aren’t real supporters. Have a word.

Liberal Hibby
13-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Can I ask you a question ? Would you treat your family the way some of our support are currently treating Hibs ? When things go wrong at home do you start shouting and screaming and throwing your toys out of the pram ? When your kid fails exams or gets in trouble do you just abuse them for stupidity or do you roll up your sleeves and try to help ? When your wife loses her job, and some of the interviews for a new one that she has don't go as well as you've hoped, do you ball her out, call her a shambles and threaten to leave ? Or do you tell her you love her and spend a bit less money down the pub and try to make sure she is confident for her next interview ?

There is nothing wrong with fair criticism of the club. Currently we have had a manager who had been in charge during a massive slump leave...we are trying to find the best replacement. An element of our support decides this is the perfect opportunity to shout "Shambles" and "Pathetic" and generally undermine the club at every opportunity. I don't consider that fair criticism of the club.

Well said

Sammy7nil
13-02-2019, 09:42 AM
As some one else said it is simply social media, it will take years to change people's habits online. So in the meantime some of us will just have to agree to disagree.

My_Wife_Camille
13-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Fans starting to throw around accusations about other fans not being real supporters - one of the key stages of the 'Football Club in Turmoil' process imo.

The scarf of the pitch photo can't be too far off now

Pretty Boy
13-02-2019, 09:46 AM
I suppose the question is what constitutes support? If guys are buying STs, turning up week in and week out and spending their hard earned then does having a moan on the internet negate that and make them 'not a supporter?

I've had the discussion several times over the last few weeks that there seems to have been a loss of the middle ground, it's arguably not exclusive to football either. Everything is an extreme; it's either 'pish' and a 'shambles' or it's 'shut up and take what you are given'. I'd argue there are valid criticisms that could be leveled at Hibs over the course of the last 2 weeks, I don't think they have managed the media well (that doesn't mean releasing any formal statement every 2 minutes) but equally I think the 'Dempster out' calls are bonkers as well.

FWIW I have found there to be a higher number of 'cool heads' on here than elsewhere. At the game on Saturday the folk I speak to around me were all very critical of the club, there's a guy in my work who is a home and away every week type who seems on course for a heart attack and Facebook and Twitter is an absolute minefield.

Personally I've never equated being a supporter with clapping on demand like a trained seal. If I think Hibs deserve criticism then I'll criticise, if I think they deserve defending then I'll defend them. In this situation I think they deserve a bit of both.

Dalianwanda
13-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Fans starting to throw around accusations about other fans not being real supporters - one of the key stages of the 'Football Club in Turmoil' process imo.

The scarf of the pitch photo can't be too far off now

Surprised it hasnt happened already...Not because its deserved just because of the general tantrums were seeing across social media.

Nutmegged

Over a few folks head 😂

Feel old now.

we are hibs
Comparing a football club to your family is mental.

J-C
13-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Was there any need to change his username in your're quoted reply, exactly the sort of thing the OP is on about, nae need. :confused:

Nutmegged
13-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Absolutely bonkers analogy.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:49 AM
I suppose the question is what constitutes support? If guys are buying STs, turning up week in and week out and spending their hard earned then does having a moan on the internet negate that and make them 'not a supporter?

I've had the discussion several times over the last few weeks that there seems to have been a loss of the middle ground, it's arguably not exclusive to football either. Everything is an extreme; it's either 'pish' and a 'shambles' or it's 'shut up and take what you are given'. I'd argue there are valid criticisms that could be leveled at Hibs over the course of the last 2 weeks, I don't think they have managed the media well (that doesn't mean releasing any formal statement every 2 minutes) but equally I think the 'Dempster out' calls are bonkers as well.

FWIW I have found there to be a higher number of 'cool heads' on here than elsewhere. At the game on Saturday the folk I speak to around me were all very critical of the club, there's a guy in my work who is a home and away every week type who seems on course for a heart attack and Facebook and Twitter is an absolute minefield.

Personally I've never equated being a supporter with clapping on demand like a trained seal. If I think Hibs deserve criticism then I'll criticise, if I think they deserve defending then I'll defend them. In this situation I think they deserve a bit of both.

thats a very fair and balanced response PB.

Mick O'Rourke
13-02-2019, 09:49 AM
As some one else said it is simply social media, it will take years to change people's habits online. So in the meantime some of us will just have to agree to disagree.

Social media /the internet !
Instant "news" eh?
Click of a button !
Jeez, i mind when my Ma use to send air mail letters to a cousin in America
From send to getting a reply could take weeks !!
Happy Days !!

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Trouble is almost 14,000 people bought into new Hibs, a club that had finally got it right and are now on a new successful path. Half a season later were sitting in 8th place, have lost our manager a few days before the end of a crucial transfer window for no apparent reason and are allegedly having difficulty replacing him. If we end up losing 1000’s of ST holders it will definitely be a disaster for the club as these folk that bought into the new Hibs won’t be back, sadly.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Was there any need to change his username in your're quoted reply, exactly the sort of thing the OP is on about, nae need. :confused:

Hadn’t even noticed that. Juvenile behaviour.

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 09:53 AM

You bemoan unjust criticism just because you believe it's unjust, a fair few of us believe the criticism is justified to a certain extent. Obviously there's going to be idiots who take it to far but to tag us all as "not real supporters" or board bashers is just nonsense. I personally think the last 3 weeks has been a bit of a shambles and no that's not due to the west coast media.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Trouble is almost 14,000 people bought into new Hibs, a club that had finally got it right and are now on a new successful path. Half a season later were sitting in 8th place, have lost our manager a few days before the end of a crucial transfer window for no apparent reason and are allegedly having difficulty replacing him. If we end up losing 1000’s of ST holders it will definitely be a disaster for the club as these folk that bought into the new Hibs won’t be back, sadly.

and shouting “Shambles” from the sidelines will help alleviate that problem ?

Lendo
13-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Hadn’t even noticed that. Juvenile behaviour.

Agreed. Pathetic behaviour.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 09:57 AM
You bemoan unjust criticism just because you believe it's unjust, a fair few of us believe the criticism is justified to a certain extent. Obviously there's going to be idiots who take it to far but to tag us all as "not real supporters" or board bashers us just nonsense. I personally think the last 3 weeks has been a bit of a shambles and not that's not due to the west coast media.

its two weeks and I didn’t tag everyone as “not real supporters” I aimed it at those who take it too far. I have no idea if you are one of them, as I’m not the sort to stalk people’s posts and have no wish to single anyone out.

We obviously disagree, fair enough, I’m just having my say.

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 09:59 AM

How can you compare it to your family. I don't pay over £300 for a friends & family season ticket for them to entertain me or not entertain me by failing exams or losing their job.

That money goes towards buying players who in turn are in the entertainment business & we are not being entertained & have not been entertained for a wee while now.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2019, 10:00 AM

They will be back and all our problems will dissolve if we start and keep winning fairly regularly.

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 10:00 AM
and shouting “Shambles” from the sidelines will help alleviate that problem ?

No but neither will blindly clapping the board if we’re going to end up with crowds like we saw on Saturday again. It would be a disaster for the club if we appoint Johnny Nobody and are back to square one after all our progress.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2019, 10:01 AM
How can you compare it to your family. I don't pay over £300 for a friends & family season ticket for them to entertain me or not entertain me by failing exams or losing their job.

That money goes towards buying players who in turn are in the entertainment business & we are not being entertained & have not been entertained for a wee while now.

I would imagine u pay way more than £300 :greengrin:wink:

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 10:02 AM

Spot on.

Every week there seems to be a post on here claiming "hibs.net is ***** now, was better back in my day etc etc etc" but I reckon this is just a rose-tinted view of the past. There has ALWAYS been petty arguments on here from day one but it's balanced out by the fact that like back then, message boards are a niche thing and well regulated so people don't tend to just blurt stuff out without thinking. You get a healthy debate on here and anyone who steps out of line is swiftly warned then banned.

If hibs.net goes under then all we've got is the visceral environments of Facebook/Twitter (which is full of people claiming hibs.net is ***** because "the admins kicked me out for saying nothing, blah blah blah") and matchday, where people (including myself) literally DO just say the first thing that comes to their mind without any thought process involved.

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 10:03 AM
They will be back and all our problems will dissolve if we start and keep winning fairly regularly.

Aye but it’s taken around 60 years to get them back this time. 😊

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 10:04 AM
its two weeks and I didn’t tag everyone as “not real supporters” I aimed it at those who take it too far. I have no idea if you are one of them, as I’m not the sort to stalk people’s posts and have no wish to single anyone out.

We obviously disagree, fair enough, I’m just having my say.

I think what is evident is that the last 3 weeks has split fans and each side have pretty strong opposing views. As many have said it's time to move on but only the board can initiate that by appointing a new manager.

jacomo
13-02-2019, 10:04 AM

Brilliant post.

Mon the dot net.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Comparing a football club to your family is mental.

It's called an analogy :aok:

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 10:06 AM

i suppose I kind of think of Hibs as part of my family. Maybe it’s just me. Plus I pay more than £300 a month to both my kids to help put them through University ! They don’t always offer good value for that either, but I don’t abuse them, I try to support them and guide them.

You say say you pay Hibs £300 a year to entertain you. Sounds like you are a customer.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Aye but it’s taken around 60 years to get them back this time. 😊

In that case they'll be dead before long, so let's not worry too much :cb

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 10:08 AM
I think what is evident is that the last 3 weeks has split fans and each side have pretty strong opposing views. As many have said it's time to move on but only the board can initiate that by appointing a new manager.

Fair enough.

J-C
13-02-2019, 10:08 AM

I think what you'll find is that half of these fans were more Lennon supporters rather than Hibs ones, the statement saying he had done no wrong was written by both parties to save face for Lennon, you don't get suspended for having a heated dressing room spat. I've seen a large number of managers at Hibs in my 50 years as a supporter, they come and go, some I liked others glad to get shot of them but I've never hated the club because a certain manager was released.

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 10:11 AM
i suppose I kind of think of Hibs as part of my family. Maybe it’s just me. Plus I pay more than £300 a month to both my kids to help put them through University ! They don’t always offer good value for that either, but I don’t abuse them, I try to support them and guide them.

You say say you pay Hibs £300 a year to entertain you. Sounds like you are a customer.

Hopefully they are trying their best.
Could we say that about Hibs.

hibsbollah
13-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Of course they are trying their best. I don't think you really believe any different, you are just at it.

jacomo
13-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Yes but it was a terrible one.

Hiber-nation
13-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Excellent post.

The patronising approach of some on here to anyone who dares to question the Board is almost as bad as the hysteria of those who choose to believe every Hibs-related thing they read in the tabloids.

worcesterhibby
13-02-2019, 10:18 AM

Do you really think that Leeann Dempster is sitting there playing Angry Birds and picking our manager by pulling names out of a hat ?

Of course they are trying their best.

Right I'm signing off. I appreciate the responses to my OP. It does seem the world is polarised at the moment..if it's not brexit it's independence or Trump. Apologies if my OP has only widened the gap, I honestly would just like to see the support showing LD some loyalty. But understand that others differ in their opinion GGTTH

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Yes but it was a terrible one.

Perhaps, yes. Most are tbf.

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 10:19 AM
I think what you'll find is that half of these fans were more Lennon supporters rather than Hibs ones, the statement saying he had done no wrong was written by both parties to save face for Lennon, you don't get suspended for having a heated dressing room spat. I've seen a large number of managers at Hibs in my 50 years as a supporter, they come and go, some I liked others glad to get shot of them but I've never hated the club because a certain manager was released.

This what I mean, people have their opinion and are unwilling to meet in the middle. No one is more of a lennon supporter than what they are a Hibs supporter. That's just lazy and ridiculous to suggest so. Criticism of our board to a certain degree is healthy.

Wakeyhibee
13-02-2019, 10:21 AM

It will be disappointing but not a disaster.
Hibs are having to deal with a situation (regardless of how you think that came about), the next step is to get a good appointment and get things back on track.

Money wise, Killie & Saints do top 6 on much less. We need to get this right. We've had 2 great years, I was a huge critic of the board when we sold every asset we had in the 2000's.

We will still sell our best but how that money is used is where we've let ourselves down, albeit I believe temporarily.

If this spills into next week then I will be concerned also. But going back to the OP I agree that some of the terminology used on here is hysterical rather than measured disquiet.

J-C
13-02-2019, 10:24 AM
This what I mean, people have their opinion and are unwilling to meet in the middle. No one is more of a lennon supporter than what they are a Hibs supporter. That's just lazy and ridiculous to suggest so. Criticism of our board to a certain degree is healthy.

Really? The amount of posters who showed more loyalty towards Lennon than Hibs this past fortnight has been an eye opener, I understand you can get attached to a manager but the anti board posts backing Lennon when no one actually knew what happened that friday has been ridiculous. Some people could just not see Lennon overstepped his mark, what happened we'll never know but it was clearly his fault he's not here.

Steve20
13-02-2019, 10:24 AM
You can still support the team and be a supporter and have an opinion. FFS, must you agree with everything the club does, even if it's obvious they've made a mess of something.

Another "I'm a better fan that you" thread which comes up a lot here.

Peevemor
13-02-2019, 10:28 AM
You can still support the team and be a supporter and have an opinion. FFS, must you agree with everything the club does, even if it's obvious they've made a mess of something.

But we don't know if they've made a mess of anything. That's the point.

It's not about agreeing with everything the club does, it's about disagreeing with those who jump to (largely) unfounded conclusions.

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Really? The amount of posters who showed more loyalty towards Lennon than Hibs this past fortnight has been an eye opener, I understand you can get attached to a manager but the anti board posts backing Lennon when no one actually knew what happened that friday has been ridiculous. Some people could just not see Lennon overstepped his mark, what happened we'll never know but it was clearly his fault he's not here.

Said it a million times before those who keep saying the board are perfect and we should move on from Lennon are the ones who keep bringing his name up.

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 10:31 AM
But we don't know if they've made a mess of anything. That's the point.

It's not about agreeing with everything the club does, it's about disagreeing with those who jump to (largely) unfounded conclusions.

Yet they are happy to cast assertions on others out with the club, it's the gross hypocracy that both sides are fed up with.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 10:31 AM

What if the club haven't made a mess of something, and there is no evidence to suggest they have made a mess of something, yet some opinions are claiming they have made a mess of something, despite no evidence to suggest they have actually made a mess of something.

Can I disagree with these opinions and agree with what the club does?

Just for balance of course.

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Of course they are trying their best. I don't think you really believe any different, you are just at it.

The board, trying their best to engage with the fans, to me the silence is deafening.
The team, trying their best, still in Dubai mode, or just not good enough.

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 10:33 AM
QUOTE=Steve20;5708888]You can still support the team and be a supporter and have an opinion. FFS, must you agree with everything the club does, even if it's obvious they've made a mess of something.

Another "I'm a better fan that you" thread which comes up a lot here.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::agree::top marks

Peevemor
13-02-2019, 10:35 AM
The board, trying their best to engage with the fans, to me the silence is deafening.

What do you want them to say? "We're still talking to candidates"? We now that.

The team, trying their best, still in Dubai mode, or just not good enough.

Decimated by injury, square pegs in round holes and not the best circumstances to integrate the new arrivals.

jdships
13-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Social media has made it a chuffing nightmare, I sometimes wish this board was never created!

10/10
remember the days when the arguments/discussions were held in a pub or club snd forgotten about
Some of the criticism/ rhetoric psted now is just plaiun sad
went to my first game , aged eight, in1940 and have been involved in the roller coaster ride of my life but have enjoyed the experience
" Less crap/abuse and more support please " as Tommy Preston used t say to me
:hibees:thumbsup::flag:

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 10:37 AM
It will be disappointing but not a disaster.
Hibs are having to deal with a situation (regardless of how you think that came about), the next step is to get a good appointment and get things back on track.

Money wise, Killie & Saints do top 6 on much less. We need to get this right. We've had 2 great years, I was a huge critic of the board when we sold every asset we had in the 2000's.

We will still sell our best but how that money is used is where we've let ourselves down, albeit I believe temporarily.

If this spills into next week then I will be concerned also. But going back to the OP I agree that some of the terminology used on here is hysterical rather than measured disquiet.

I think what concerns me is that most fans I speak are all just saying “typical Hibs, back to normal”. I was hoping the new regime had moved us on from that but if supporters are thinking ‘here we go again’ it will be very difficult to get any non renewers to trust the board again. If you’re like me you’ll have watched years of utter garbage with low attendances. We have to build on what we’ve achieved over the last few seasons and not throw it all away so quickly. Fingers crossed.

JimboHibs
13-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Correct,the thread starter has did this previous 👍 high opinion of themself,takes the moral highground yet when opposed to opinions of other posters retorts to calling them Jambos.

Monts
13-02-2019, 10:48 AM
I think what concerns me is that most fans I speak are all just saying “typical Hibs, back to normal”. I was hoping the new regime had moved us on from that but if supporters are thinking ‘here we go again’ it will be very difficult to get any non renewers to trust the board again. If you’re like me you’ll have watched years of utter garbage with low attendances. We have to build on what we’ve achieved over the last few seasons and not throw it all away so quickly. Fingers crossed.

I think this is a concern, and possibly what sets us apart from some other clubs. Hibs fans are cynical towards the club, due to being let down, many times over, on the field. Other clubs like hearts and rangers can just put out some BS statement that their fans just lap up and run with, regardless of how true it sounds. In my opinion, that's not an option for hibs as everything is disected, looking for the hidden messages and trying to read between the lines.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Correct,the thread starter has did this previous 👍 high opinion of themself,takes the moral highground yet when opposed to opinions of other posters retorts to calling them Jambos.

So you changed his username when responding? :rolleyes:

BullsCloseHibs
13-02-2019, 10:52 AM

I must be the opposite to the above as I'm really looking forward to the new manger coming in, fresh ideas, new outlook etc etc

It's football. Its life. It happens to most clubs.

It's great to be a Hibee! 😁

GGTTH

JimboHibs
13-02-2019, 11:08 AM
So you changed his username when responding? :rolleyes:

The very thing the poster has called juvenile they have did,a thread about creating harmony yet flings the Jambo's card at opinions,dont see a problem in highlighting that,can only improve the board.

Wakeyhibee
13-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Agree, I just think we've got things mostly right in the last 2-3 years. I'm gonna give it a bit longer before I think we on a slope backwards long term. And yeah I've seen pretty much what you have. Hopefully some good news soon.

we are hibs
13-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Yes a terrible one.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Yes a terrible one.

But a justifiable analogy none the less. Not sure where 'mental' fits in though?

HappyAsHellas
13-02-2019, 11:35 AM
I remember visiting America in the early 80's and coming across "instant grat" for the first time and thinking it was crazy. This has now permeated all walks of life, even football clubs and their fans. You can't flick a switch with a football team and how it's being run so some patience is called for. 50 years plus of watching Hibs teaches you a lot of things and I think we are finally on the right track with this board. Are they perfect? Far from it, but I'll reserve judgement till the summer before making my mind up.

Swedish hibee
13-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I have to say as an outsider, I'm shocked at the amount of nonsense written on net lately. Just support the team, noone knows what will happen? It was just 2 years ago we did the unthinkable... I love Hibs.

Keith_M
13-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Here. here.

I recently started a thread encouraging people to get behind the club in their hour of need, attend games when they can and cheer the team on to help them through a difficult time... but the thread was polluted with people either criticizing the club or saying how disgraceful it was for me to tell them to do their bit, and did I know how much money they'd spent doing that already.

Sadly, some people are just negative, moaning gits and there's not a lot you can do about that.

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 12:50 PM
What do you want them to say? "We're still talking to candidates"? We now that.

Decimated by injury, square pegs in round holes and not the best circumstances to integrate the new arrivals.

So the team isn't good enough.

Bobby's Cinema
13-02-2019, 12:54 PM
For me its been a downturn in results and not much more - which can happen.
Elements of a good squad, good players who have proved this but not performing to their max, and we have slid down the table.

Not a toxic dressing room where players arent' good enough/ are ageing and need emptied, ST sales are dropping like a stone, we'll be in a battle for the play-offs next season type scenario are some people want to suggest.

Maybe the impact of not getting results has been magnified after a 3 year period in the championship used to winning more often than not, followed by the same last year.

Not accepting mediocrity by any means but we will go again. Stick with the club :agree:

Peevemor
13-02-2019, 01:01 PM
So the team isn't good enough.

Or their instructions weren't.

mcfly
13-02-2019, 01:10 PM

Sorry are you some sort of superfan that’s telling us myopic customers to be quiet, pay your money and say nothing.

the club has worked hard to get back the lost fans and they need to keep them.

All I want is my team to be consistently in the top end of the league and challenge in cups.

With the biggest budget in history I don’t think that’s unreasonable and whilst we are struggling to make the top 6 is it not unreasonable for us customers to ask questions.??

Cabbage-Patch
13-02-2019, 02:30 PM

This....

I have to say some Hibs fans can be so fickle at times it's embarrassing. Folk screaming Lennon out for most of the season then spitting blood when he got suspended. Absolutely slating the club over these manager talks when absolutely nobody outside actually knows what's gone on. I would have preferred Appleton but the deal is dead and it looks like Heckingbottom is the man. I hate his name and the yams will have a field day but if that's all they can dig up about the guy then happy days. Lets face it anyone after Lenny is going to be underwhelming. Let's back the team and try and aim for the top 6 before rebuilding in the summer

GGTTH

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 02:35 PM
This....

I have to say some Hibs fans can be so fickle at times it's embarrassing. Folk screaming Lennon out for most of the season then spitting blood when he got suspended. Absolutely slating the club over these manager talks when absolutely nobody outside actually knows what's gone on. I would have preferred Appleton but the deal is dead and it looks like Heckingbottom is the man. I hate his name and the yams will have a field day but if that's all they can dig up about the guy then happy days. Lets face it anyone after Lenny is going to be underwhelming. Let's back the team and try and aim for the top 6 before rebuilding in the summer

GGTTH

:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 03:13 PM
I see Hibs have a game this Saturday. Time to remember that no matter what your opinion is over the Lennon departure and what part the board did or didn't play in it, the idea is that we all support Hibernian football club, not Neil Lennon and not Leeann Dempster.

Anybody who decides to give Easter Road a miss this weekend because of this and because we are having a bit of a struggle on the field at the moment has my utmost disdain …. man / woman up FFS.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Or their instructions weren't.

True