PDA

View Full Version : It's Heckingbottom

Pages : [1] 2

G B Young
12-02-2019, 05:44 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/paul-heckingbottom-leads-hibs-boss-race-as-michael-appleton-talks-stall-1-4871929

CathroMustStay
12-02-2019, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcUHQYhPTE

green day
12-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Aw christ, do I have to watch another thread descend into farce now?

SteveHFC
12-02-2019, 05:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcUHQYhPTE
:thumbsup:

ads913
12-02-2019, 05:55 PM
ffs can we just get stubbs and doolan now.

JohnMcM
12-02-2019, 05:55 PM

I'm afraid so mate.

All we can do now is sit back and wait for the truth to be told in a suspicious looking Twitter post by our very own Leaan.

:flag:

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 05:57 PM
No, you don't have to open it and read it. :greengrin

Marvellous
12-02-2019, 06:00 PM

:top marks

Lago
12-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Bet Eddie May has switched his phone off 😃

Hibeesmad
12-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Would be delighted with PH

Heisenberg
12-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Listened to him on a podcast. Sounds the real deal. Sign him up.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Mehckingbottom

Franck Stanton
12-02-2019, 06:44 PM

If only we would. 🙏🙏

Blackfordhibby
12-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Would be delighted with PH

What Paul Hartley ? Have we descend into the farce so soon.

AgentDaleCooper
12-02-2019, 06:46 PM
i'm so glad i'm not an admin

Wilson
12-02-2019, 06:47 PM

So am I.

Onion
12-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Bleeding' Heck. WTF is going on with our club ?

Wilson
12-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Bleeding' Heck. WTF is going on with our club ?

As I understand it a recruitment process.

cabbageandribs1875
12-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The_Horde
12-02-2019, 06:51 PM
You're a heckingbottom.

JXM73
12-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Totally underwhelmed etc etc

makaveli1875
12-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Some people are believing everything they read on here then blaming the club.

That might not be true though

Lennon wasnt sacked , didnt quit but we need a new manager . The caretakers were told they had taken their last game , now the new guy has changed his mind for some unspecified reason

The club are playing a blinder here :aok:

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 06:57 PM

The pricks are loving it. The more traffic on the site from journos and others desperate for some info, the more the site raises for the club.

In fact, a good source has it that all the chatter has been generated by the same pricks. Not that I'm ITK likes, but it's what I heard.

Beefster
12-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Not enthused by Heckingbottom tbh. Ho hum.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-02-2019, 07:00 PM
I have to admit that his name puts me off but at least we can call him hecky.....or heck the boss

Jim44
12-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Lennon wasnt sacked , didnt quit but we need a new manager . The caretakers were told they had taken their last game , now the new guy has changed his mind for some unspecified reason

The new guy was drawn to our attention by so-called ITKers, trollers, MSM guesswork etc. His change of mind news comes from the same unreliable sources. As I said earlier, the only mis-judgement the board is guily of is prematurely announcing that the caretakers would not be in charge for the Hamilton game. This expedited the onslaught of snide, impatient moaning and complaining.

hibsbollah
12-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Totally underwhelmed etc etc

I'm also not full of whelm at the moment.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 07:10 PM
The new guy was drawn to our attention by so-called ITKers, trollers, MSM guesswork etc. His change of mind news comes from the same unreliable sources. As I said earlier, the only mis-judgement the board is guily of is prematurely announcing that the caretakers would not be in charge for the Hamilton game. This expedited the onslaught of snide, impatient moaning and complaining.

As you’re just guessing it’s not happened.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 07:12 PM
I'm also not full of whelm at the moment.

I’m happy with either.

But as I tried to explain earlier this is a PR disaster.

Dalianwanda
12-02-2019, 07:13 PM

:agree:
We have no idea who the first or second choices are...The papers put forward suggestions but we know they dont have a clue. Neither does anyone else here. Yes its a discussion forum but the amount of folk talking guesswork or baseless surmising & running with it as fact is scary.

Hibernian32
12-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Will give him a chance but don't like this, if we wanted Appleton over heckingbottom when they both in the race then why are we going back to a man we thought wasnt good enough. If it was Appleton before it meant heckingbottom wasn't in our thoughts once we spoke to Appleton and talks where progressing

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 07:16 PM
We have no idea who the first or second choices are...The papers put forward suggestions but we know they dont have a clue. Neither does anyone else here. Yes its a discussion forum but the amount of folk talking guesswork or baseless surmising & running with it as fact is scary.

It’s not scary, it’s expected. PR disaster.

They new guy was reported by David Hardie. There’s no way anyone can accuse him of making up ****.

hibsbollah
12-02-2019, 07:16 PM
I’m happy with either.

Did you explain or only try to explain? :confused:

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 07:19 PM
The most important word in this post is 'if'

Deflection type post.

What if we did though? Are we not allowed to discuss that because it’s not a definite?

Hibernian32
12-02-2019, 07:21 PM
The most important word in this post is 'if'
Agreed but I think it's been well known we have met Appleton twice which means we had some sort of ambition of making him our man.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Agreed but I think it's been well known we have met Appleton twice which means we had some sort of ambition of making him our man.

But, but, but. It’s brutsl and a shan start for our new guy and also the board who will be pounced upon especially after the bad publicity Lennon episode gave us.

bingo70
12-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Did you explain or only try to explain? :confused:

I don’t think it’s being too critical of the club to say it’s not been a good week so far from a PR perspective.

I don’t know if Hibs were in the right or wrong if Appleton falls through, for all we know he might have asked for an extra grand a week at the last minute. The perception currently though in terms of the media and a lot of our fans is that it must have been us in the wrong. I personally think there’s ways of managing that perception better in the media and I don’t think we’ve done that well enough recently.

A new manager and a couple of wins nobody will care about this period but as it stands right now, the perception of those running our club isn’t good imo.

w pilton hibby
12-02-2019, 07:24 PM

In general a second interview means you're in with a good chance of being appointed, not that you're a shoo-in.

FranckSuzy
12-02-2019, 07:25 PM
It’s not scary, it’s expected. PR disaster.

They new guy was reported by David Hardie. There’s no way anyone can accuse him of making up ****.

For those who claimed to be 'in the know'? Definitely. For the Club? No chance.

Leith Green
12-02-2019, 07:27 PM
In general a second interview means you're in with a good chance of being appointed, not that you're a shoo-in.

Depends on how many were given 2nd interview

Wakeyhibee
12-02-2019, 07:31 PM
I’m happy with either.

Just as well Hibs aren't in PR then. So who really gives a toss about PR, maybe a "nice to have" but ultimately our stock in trade is football.

If whomever they recruit is winning games all this will be forgotten in short order.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 07:32 PM
I don’t think it’s being too critical of the club to say it’s not been a good week so far from a PR perspective.

I don’t know if Hibs were in the right or wrong if Appleton falls through, for all we know he might have asked for an extra grand a week at the last minute. The perception currently though in terms of the media and a lot of our fans is that it must have been us in the wrong. I personally think there’s ways of managing that perception better in the media and I don’t think we’ve done that well enough recently.

A new manager and a couple of wins nobody will care about this period but as it stands right now, the perception of those running our club isn’t good imo.

Agree. It’s getting on for three weeks since Lennon was removed from his position and clearly wasn’t going to be back in it.

Since then we’ve been told he wasn’t sacked but didn’t resign. Had the interim guy telling everybody he doesn’t want to be there. And been told we have one of the best 21 year olds in Europe.

It’s not particularly inspiring, especially so close to season ticket renewals.

PatHead
12-02-2019, 07:33 PM
How is it a PR disaster when the club have never said Appleton is the preferred candidate.

Paisley Hibby
12-02-2019, 07:41 PM

How do you know Appleton was ever something to fall through?

I think nobody has a scooby about what's actually going on and that's exactly the way Hibs want it to be. In this age of fake news and constant leaks good on them!

Waxy
12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
My bottomshecking a bit.

chrisski33
12-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Maybe the club is in right in not bowing to appletons release clauses

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:07 PM
How is it a PR disaster when the club have never said Appleton is the preferred candidate.

It's not a PR disaster.

Most Hibs fans will simply be waiting for an announcement. They're not obsessing minute to minute about who said what to why and when.

There's been no comment from Hibs other than to say that interviews were continuing and when they had something definite to say, they'd say it.

The folk moaning are doing so because they lack patience and resilience. Some are just natural doomsayers and some are trolls.

I played golf today and I saw the Lego movie 2. I enjoyed both.

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Sorry, but who's this ******gbottom anyway?

bingo70
12-02-2019, 08:08 PM
How do you know Appleton was ever something to fall through?

I think nobody has a scooby about what's actually going on and that's exactly the way Hibs want it to be. In this age of fake news and constant leaks good on them!

That’s my point. I think if there’s something about the club in the media that isn’t true and it’s leading to the fans getting their hopes up about something that isn’t going to happen the club needs to foresee that and try and head it off before it becomes an issue.

The club couldn’t officially say anything of course but that’s where good PR comes in. A quiet word in a journalists ear to say he isn’t getting the job but on our terms not his, stops this becoming the issue it has. Just a case of managing supporters expectations.

G B Young
12-02-2019, 08:11 PM

The last three weeks at the club have been woeful from a PR perspective so as you say we just need to put it all behind us asap with a couple of wins. Let's face it, when it comes to football no amount of negative PR is going to bring a club down. If it could, Hearts wouldn't be around today!

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 08:15 PM
It's not a PR disaster.

Most Hibs fans will simply be waiting for an announcement. They're not obsessing minute to minute about who said what to why and when.

There's been no comment from Hibs other than to say that interviews were continuing and when they had something definite to say, they'd say it.

The folk moaning are doing so because they lack patience and resilience. Some are just natural doomsayers and some are trolls.

I played golf today and I saw the Lego movie 2. I enjoyed both.

The whole season people have been banging on about people lacking patience.

In the summer it was wait until the end of the window.

Once the window was closed it was wait until they’re up to speed.

Once there was a few injuries it was wait until they’re fit again.

Then it was wait until January.

Then it was wait until the end of January.

Our next four games will define our season and a new manager would be a massive boost going in to that. I get people being impatient.

jacomo
12-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Absolutely nailing it.

:rolleyes:

hibbydog
12-02-2019, 08:18 PM
See if you can be underwhelmed

And you can be overwhelmed

Is there a state of mind in between where you are just ‘whelmed’

I am whelmed.

green with envy
12-02-2019, 08:19 PM
This is going the same way as the Appleton thread - Should be deleted.

jacomo
12-02-2019, 08:20 PM
That’s my point. I think if there’s something about the club in the media that isn’t true and it’s leading to the fans getting their hopes up about something that isn’t going to happen the club needs to foresee that and try and head it off before it becomes an issue.

The club couldn’t officially say anything of course but that’s where good PR comes in. A quiet word in a journalists ear to say he isn’t getting the job but on our terms not his, stops this becoming the issue it has. Just a case of managing supporters expectations.

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Hibs are dealing with the recruitment with the confidentiality and professionalism that they always do.

Hibs have missed no opportunities by keeping quiet about who has applied and who has been interviewed.

The press got hold of some speculation, probably on here, about who was in the frame and folk with a sense of adventure (I'm being kind) started chucking their money at the rumours.

When Hibs announce the new guy, they will be in exactly the same position as they would have been in if they'd leaked names to a friendly journalist.

In fact, people already in employment will feel more inclined to apply for jobs with us if they know their identities will be kept secret.

snedzuk
12-02-2019, 08:21 PM
I have to admit that his name puts me off but at least we can call him hecky.....or heck the boss

To the tune of 'Stubbsy, Stubbsy'

Heck..ing
Bot.tom

ad infinitum.

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:22 PM
The whole season people have been banging on about people lacking patience.

In the summer it was wait until the end of the window.

Once the window was closed it was wait until they’re up to speed.

Once there was a few injuries it was wait until they’re fit again.

Then it was wait until January.

Then it was wait until the end of January.

Our next four games will define our season and a new manager would be a massive boost going in to that. I get people being impatient.

I understand that people get impatient too. That's up to them to manage as they see fit.

I was refuting the suggestion that there had been some sort of disaster in the PR department.

bingo70
12-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Hibs are dealing with the recruitment with the confidentiality and professionalism that they always do.

Hibs have missed no opportunities by keeping quiet about who has applied and who has been interviewed.

The press got hold of some speculation, probably on here, about who was in the frame and folk with a sense of adventure (I'm being kind) started chucking their money at the rumours.

When Hibs announce the new guy, they will be in exactly the same position as they would have been in if they'd leaked names to a friendly journalist.

In fact, people already in employment will feel more inclined to apply for jobs with us if they know their identities will be kept secret.

I’m not asking them to name the new guy to a friendly journalist but if there’s momentum building about it being a specific person when it’s not going to be them there’s ways of getting that out there. You don’t just wait for it to blow up and then not say anything because we’re professionals.

Whoever does get the job now, it will look like they’re second choice and that’s not fair on them, as a club if the whole Appleton thing was false we should have found a way to nip that rumour in the bud before it grew as much as it did, it was even in the EEN today that he would be getting the hibs job, the club speak to Davie Hardie on a daily basis are you really suggesting someone couldn’t have given him a wee nudge and suggested he maybe didn’t write that story?!

You’re obviously a clever guy Radge but I think you’re being a bit naive if you don’t think that kind of conversation isn’t common place between clubs and local journalists.

CockneyRebel
12-02-2019, 08:31 PM

:top marks

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 08:38 PM
I understand that people get impatient too. That's up to them to manage as they see fit.

I was refuting the suggestion that there had been some sort of disaster in the PR department.

You also commented that ‘most’ Hibs fans are simply waiting on an an announcement. And, I might be picking you up incorrectly, but it seemed to me you were implying that those getting a bit impatient are in the minority.

I don’t think that’s the case. Or it’s certainly not a small minority anyway.

I don’t think the club have had a PR disaster in not leaking names or anything. But I don’t think they have excelled themselves in over the last three weeks with the few things they have come out with.

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:43 PM
I’m not asking them to name the new guy to a friendly journalist but if there’s momentum building about it being a specific person when it’s not going to be them there’s ways of getting that out there. You don’t just wait for it to blow up and then not say anything because we’re professionals.

Whoever does get the job now, it will look like they’re second choice and that’s not fair on them, as a club if the whole Appleton thing was false we should have found a way to nip that rumour in the bud before it grew as much as it did, it was even in the EEN today that he would be getting the hibs job, the club speak to Davie Hardie on a daily basis are you really suggesting someone couldn’t have given him a wee nudge and suggested he maybe didn’t write that story?!

You’re obviously a clever guy Radge but I think you’re being a bit naive if you don’t think that kind of conversation isn’t common place between clubs and local journalists.

So the Sun says we're about to give Bingo70 a job. The bookies make him favourite and folk start saying it's a done deal etc etc.

However, it's not true because no decision has been made.

Hibs come out and say that. The Sun repeats the story. Hibs repeat their response. And over and over. What a waste of time.

Or, Hibs tip off a friendly journalist that the Sun story isn't true and they print a story to that effect. The sun prints another story, and another and another.

The speculation won't stop until we announce the new guy.

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:47 PM
You also commented that ‘most’ Hibs fans are simply waiting on an an announcement. And, I might be picking you up incorrectly, but it seemed to me you were implying that those getting a bit impatient are in the minority.

I don’t think that’s the case. Or it’s certainly not a small minority anyway.

I don’t think the club have had a PR disaster in not leaking names or anything. But I don’t think they have excelled themselves in over the last three weeks with the few things they have come out with.

I meant most Hibs fans are at home going about their business, spending a much healthier amount of time worrying about the new head coach than we are.

It's not been a good period for Hibs, but that's not been through their own fault, they've done nothing wrong, imo.

bingo70
12-02-2019, 08:50 PM
So the Sun says we're about to give Bingo70 a job. The bookies make him favourite and folk start saying it's a done deal etc etc.

However, it's not true because no decision has been made.

Hibs come out and say that. The Sun repeats the story. Hibs repeat their response. And over and over. What a waste of time.

Or, Hibs tip off a friendly journalist that the Sun story isn't true and they print a story to that effect. The sun prints another story, and another and another.

The speculation won't stop until we announce the new guy.

No, when the sun print a story. Do nothing.

When the sun print a story saying he’ll be appointed in 48 hours. Keep an eye on the supporter base to see how this news is being taken.

When the sun, sky sports and most other media outlets are reporting his appointment is imminent phone the local journalist and say “Hi Mr Local Journalist, these rumours have grown arms and legs and they’re not true, we’re still interviewing and not at the decision stage yet. Could you put a wee piece out saying that please? Can’t give you any quotes at this stage for obvious reasons”

Local journalist is trusted and has the inside scoop. People believe him and there’s not the same perception that ******* Petrie has blown another deal.

Orrrrrrrr.............

We could do nowt and just let people think it was all the clubs fault again.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 08:57 PM

Exactly. Otherwise you get this disharmony brewing. It’s pish.

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 09:00 PM
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p06w9djs.jpg

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Why does it seem our default position is Petrie! Or we’ve stuffed up?

Has Leeann used up all her credits?

Scottish Cup, cup finals, promotion, socking it to the OF and Hearts, standing up to the OF on Allan and McGinn, extended run in Europe. That’s some descent if the case...

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 09:30 PM
No, when the sun print a story. Do nothing.

When the sun print a story saying he’ll be appointed in 48 hours. Keep an eye on the supporter base to see how this news is being taken.

When the sun, sky sports and most other media outlets are reporting his appointment is imminent phone the local journalist and say “Hi Mr Local Journalist, these rumours have grown arms and legs and they’re not true, we’re still interviewing and not at the decision stage yet. Could you put a wee piece out saying that please? Can’t give you any quotes at this stage for obvious reasons”

Local journalist is trusted and has the inside scoop. People believe him and there’s not the same perception that ******* Petrie has blown another deal.

Orrrrrrrr.............

We could do nowt and just let people think it was all the clubs fault again.

If people like the Sun's story they'll believe it, regardless of what another journalist says.

And when I say "like it", that could be because it's an exciting name or a perceived "cheap option".

I wouldn't be spending any energy worrying about what the folk who hate Petrie and the board might say. They're not going to change their mindset regardless of what Hibs do or say.

LD said late last week that candidates were being spoken to this week. She didn't leak it to the press, she said it publicly herself.

At the weekend, the Sun decides that she's either telling lies about further interviews, or that she's wasting the new interviewees time because her mind is already made up.

That stuff shouldn't be dignified by a response, but how often should a senior executive have to respond to some trouble making journalist making stories up?

nonshinyfinish
12-02-2019, 09:32 PM
See if you can be underwhelmed

And you can be overwhelmed

Is there a state of mind in between where you are just ‘whelmed’

I think you can in Europe.

lapsedhibee
12-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Not that I'm ITK likes, but it's what I heard.

So you heard something - completely worthless speculation. The absolute minimum required for authenticity is that you've been led to believe something. That would be fact, more or less. Or at least confirmed as something that might be fact.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 10:23 PM
So you heard something - completely worthless speculation. The absolute minimum required for authenticity is that you've been led to believe something. That would be fact, more or less. Or at least confirmed as something that might be fact.

You saying my ears are *****, like? That they're less credible than my gullibility?

Ootside...

tonyrougier123
12-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Now the record reporting heckingbottom deal stalls as hibs consider doolan and holden 🙇🔫

Unseen work
12-02-2019, 10:40 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-heckingbottom-hibs-stalls-club-13991607

Waxy
12-02-2019, 10:41 PM

Well thats spot on. Last thing the club said was Eddie Grant was manager.
Anything since has been made up by the fans the bookies and the media.

Waxy
12-02-2019, 10:43 PM
And there go the media again.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Can people please stop believing every word from the Record and Sun.

They have an agenda based on selling papers, not providing honest opinions.

Jeezo. One even used to put topless women in it to sell copies.

Where do I begin.

WhileTheChief..
12-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Still don’t think it will be any of them.

Jumbo
12-02-2019, 10:58 PM

I'm old enough to remember both doing that :bitchy:

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 11:17 PM
We were just trying to give some hope to Jo'anna at that point....

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 11:18 PM
Can people please stop believing every word from the Record and Sun.

Where do I begin.
I miss those days. And the Tennants Lager cans.......

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Maybe Heckingbottom was first choice but we didn't think he was interested so ^moved on to our 2nd choice Appleton and the reason talks stalled is Heckingbottom had a change of heart?

I'd the club had dismissed talk of either man being number one what position does that put us in?

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Now the record reporting heckingbottom deal stalls as hibs consider doolan and holden 🙇🔫still holding the inside rail:wink: equine flu epidemic almost over the line, go on ya beuty:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 12:46 AM
Now the record reporting heckingbottom deal stalls as hibs consider doolan and holden 🙇🔫

After three weeks of having to suffer a virtual Niagara Falls of keyboard diarrhoea from the usual suspects infesting social media I just want this to end. I'm happy for the club to take their time and get the right guy, but I lost patience with the trolls and bloody Leeann Dempster haters long ago. If this episode hasn't reflected well on our club its been an even worse reflection on some of the utter roasters who claim to support Hibs.

As things stand the appointment of John Doolan would be like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket by yer mum after you've had a kicking by the school bully. Appleton might be a brilliant manager, Heckingbottom might be our answer to Jurgen Klopp … but one things for sure, not a bloody one of them gets Hibs, the club's culture or the folk who support it like Doolan so clearly does and just for that I would be happy to see him given a chance. It would be a punt there's no question … but if we are going to appoint somebody out of left field who better?

tonyrougier123
13-02-2019, 01:04 AM
After three weeks of having to suffer a virtual Niagara Falls of keyboard diarrhoea from the usual suspects infesting social media I just want this to end. I'm happy for the club to take their time and get the right guy, but I lost patience with the trolls and bloody Leeann Dempster haters long ago. If this episode hasn't reflected well on our club its been an even worse reflection on some of the utter roasters who claim to support Hibs.

As things stand the appointment of John Doolan would be like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket by yer mum after you've had a kicking by the school bully. Appleton might be a brilliant manager, Heckingbottom might be our answer to Jurgen Klopp … but one things for sure, not a bloody one of them gets Hibs, the club's culture or the folk who support it like Doolan so clearly does and just for that I would be happy to see him given a chance. It would be a punt there's no question … but if we are going to appoint somebody out of left field who better?
Yawn!😌

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 01:11 AM

As things stand the appointment of John Doolan would be like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket by yer mum after you've had a kicking by the school bully. Appleton might be a brilliant manager, Heckingbottom might be our answer to Jurgen Klopp … but one things for sure, not a bloody one of them gets Hibs, the club's culture or the folk who support it like Doolan so clearly does and just for that I would be happy to see him given a chance. It would be a punt there's no question … but if we are going to appoint somebody out of left field who better?:top marks apart from your thoughts and mine, this is some kinda ride akin to Brexit. will we wont we, hard border soft cuddly border or just spin the balls and see who's name comes oot. I understand the frustration on here but Hibernian fc are famous (or infamous) for keeping their cards close to the chest until all is exactly done and I trust in that. I do agree, to a certain degree that the PR dept, might need a bit of "tweeking" :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Yawn!😌

At what mate. My utter dismay at the avalanche of twats posting on social media claiming to be Hibs fans whose reaction to the last three weeks has been nothing short of an unrelenting sustained attack on the club and a board who over the last three years have had nothing but a positive influence on the club, the odd disagreement around loyalty points and the like aside. A cabal of folk for whom the club's board can do absolutely nothing right and who will never change that opinion no matter what it does, who are delighting in the current situation and whose bile has gone way way beyond reasonable criticism or concern.

You know what you can do with your 'yawn'

tonyrougier123
13-02-2019, 01:52 AM
At what mate. My utter dismay at the avalanche of twats posting on social media claiming to be Hibs fans whose reaction to the last three weeks has been nothing short of an unrelenting sustained attack on the club and a board who over the last three years have had nothing but a positive influence on the club, the odd disagreement around loyalty points and the like aside. A cabal of folk for whom the club's board can do absolutely nothing right and who will never change that opinion no matter what it does, who are delighting in the current situation and whose bile has gone way way beyond reasonable criticism or concern.

I agree some have took it too far,and if you weren't talking about me apologies nae nooks.I dont think the board have dealt well with things recently, and during the first week I was quite vocal on here about that.but I took it no further than that.my opinion is shared by many pundits and ex pros,and alot of fans. I accept both views,yours included about three good years under current board.but you can never be complacent imo.I thought you were trying to coax me in to an argument about it.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 02:37 AM
I agree some have took it too far,and if you weren't talking about me apologies nae nooks.I dont think the board have dealt well with things recently, and during the first week I was quite vocal on here about that.but I took it no further than that.my opinion is shared by many pundits and ex pros,and alot of fans. I accept both views,yours included about three good years under current board.but you can never be complacent imo.I thought you were trying to coax me in to an argument about it.

No worries mate. Look, I don't have any problem with folk criticising the board, be that STF as owner, Rod Petrie or Leeann Dempster. If I think its appropriate I'll do that myself and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a load of historic posts from me on here doing just that.

But in my opinion some of the criticism has been beyond excessive from certain quarters, not so much even in what has been said though that's bad enough, but in the way it has been said. At the end of the day what has happened here is that a football club has parted ways with its manager …. Neil Lennon had done a decent job and it would be churlish to say he hadn't, but that's the sum total of it. There were worrying signs ( at least to me ) that he was scratching his head on the way forward and his inability to deal with a misfiring forward line or make best use of what was available to him was becoming more evident with every passing game. Even then I didn't think he was anywhere near the sacking stage and I was as surprised as anybody when things worked out the way they did. But one thing is for sure, give me more money to prove your ambition is a wish at a club like Hibs, not a managerial strategy … and if the fans saying that was behind his falling out with the club are correct then its no surprise he has been moved on.

That having been said, the way some folk have reacted you would think Hibs had released a statement saying we have just realised Neil Lennon is ginger and we cant have folk like that at the club, he has to go. The way they are reacting you would think Neil Lennon was showing signs of being the greatest manager in our history, when in fact evidence of that possibility was yet to be provided in any significant measure. Was he a character that fans felt protective towards because of all the crap he has had to take from other clubs fans and the sectarian abuse he has suffered? Of course he was, but that IMO is one of the reasons the vitriol aimed at the club and especially Leeann Dempster over this affair has been so over the top.

In their understandable determination to show support for a guy who has for sure had to put up with really tough times, not only from bigots but from his own internal demons, some folk have forgotten that its Hibernian football club they support, not Neil Lennon.

I know a fair few folk aren't going to agree with that, but from where I'm sitting it sure as hell looks that way.

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 07:44 AM

"Unrelenting stained attack" hyperbole at its finest.

Let's not turn this into "everyone hates Hibs" that's sevco mentality

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 09:05 AM
First choice all along I've heard, I'm hearing, so I'm led to believe. :agree:

Keith_M
13-02-2019, 09:19 AM

:singing:
I don't wan-na dance,
dance with ya ba-by no more

ahibby
13-02-2019, 10:35 AM
I'm going to be patient and calm for at least the next few hours, or couple of days, or week, or until we get the right person in, whichever comes first :confused:

BullsCloseHibs
13-02-2019, 10:53 AM
If only we would. 🙏🙏

No thanks!

BullsCloseHibs
13-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Exactly!!!

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 12:09 PM
"Unrelenting stained attack" hyperbole at its finest.

Let's not turn this into "everyone hates Hibs" that's sevco mentality

That mentality when applied to Sevco relates to their view that everybody who doesn't support them must hate them. In this case we are talking about a certain section of Hibs fans who seem absolutely determined to slag off their own club at every opportunity, not just over this situation but prior to it.

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Heckingbottom to be appointed within next 48 hours according to DR

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 12:22 PM
24 hours to go!

Hibeesmad
13-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Heckingbottom to be appointed within next 48 hours according to DR

Had £20 on him at 16/1 so here’s hoping I don’t wait longer than 24 hours, weekend party sorted!

Lago
13-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Its funny I sat and analyzed my thoughts regarding the next appointment & it went something like this

Report Appleton & Heckbottom joint favourites don't know them so not bothered.
Papers & fans on here big up Appleton, listen to podcasts cast, he's the Man for me.
Report negotiation stalled Heckbottom front runner, did well at Barnsley unlucky at Leeds but well thought of as a coach...he's definitely the Man for me. Wait a minute talks have stalled, neither of the 2 of them good enough for hibs.
But wait breaking news Company on hibs radar & was always first choice yes definitely the Man for me.

How easily I was manipulate by various news sources & fans web sites, social media.
😎🤣😂

Joe6-2
13-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Sky Sports saying it looks like Heckingbottom

we are hibs
13-02-2019, 02:01 PM
He's at east mains now. Just on sky.

GloryGlory
13-02-2019, 02:06 PM
He's at east mains now. Just on sky.

#AnnounceHeckingbottom. :greengrin

jeffers
13-02-2019, 02:06 PM
I was quite enthusiastic about appointing Appleton, especially after reading what the Oxford fans had to say about him. For some reason I was less so about Heckingbottom. however if LD & GC think he's the best man for the job I'm happy to trust their judgement, their track record to this date in appointing managers has been good. Though that all changes if he doesn't want Scott Allan !

Billy Whizz
13-02-2019, 02:07 PM
I was quite enthusiastic about appointing Appleton, especially after reading what the Oxford fans had to say about him. For some reason I was less so about Heckingbottom. however if LD & GC think he's the best man for the job I'm happy to trust their judgement, their track record to this date in appointing managers has been good. Though that all changes if he doesn't want Scott Allan !

Let’s get right behind him, if he’s the one the club have chosen
He’ll get my full support

04Sauzee
13-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Have Sky suspended the betting?

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 02:11 PM

1 manager got a club out of league 1 and kept them in the Championship, 1 got a club out of League 2 and kept them in L1. I'm enthusiastic as to what he will bring to the club even though he looks a bit like the English Danny Lennon. :aok:

Real Emerald
13-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Have Sky suspended the betting?

Looks like it.

we are hibs
13-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Whether hes 1st choice or 10th choice hes the one who has been tasked to take us forward. All the best and welcome to the Hibs. Let's try and salvage top 6 and a trip (or 2) to Hampden now:flag:

pacoluna
13-02-2019, 02:27 PM
He's at HTC, announcement soon.

BullsCloseHibs
13-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Barry, cannae wait!

Bring it on The Heckster ☘️

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 02:31 PM
22 hours to go!

James70
13-02-2019, 02:35 PM
We all wanted a big name appointment, they don't come much bigger than Heckingbottom. :wink:

Heisenberg
13-02-2019, 02:35 PM
I’m happy enough with him getting the job. Not much between him and Appleton.

ArmadaleHibs
13-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Whoever’s is announced, inspired or un-inspired, I will be fully behind them

GGTTH

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 02:37 PM
We all wanted a big name appointment, they don't come much bigger than Heckingbottom. :wink:
HoboHarryswifesbottom is bigger in every possible way......

Silky
13-02-2019, 03:03 PM
HoboHarryswifesbottom is bigger in every possible way......
I know! 😉

Jim44
13-02-2019, 03:11 PM
I’d rather we were managed by a ‘bottom’ as opposed to the ‘real arse’ on the other other side of town.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Well, if it's him, it's a big call by the club. I'm sure many hadn't heard of him before and will be wondering why he's got the job etc. If it goes wrong, the board will be accused of having no ambtition by appointing an unknown; a bit like the Pat Fenlon situation. I know nothing of the guy's ability as a manager, so will just hope the board are doing well that which they are paid to do. He could turn out to be an inspired appointment...

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Bizarre appointment if true.

Who would have thought that with the hundreds of out of work or wannabe managers that we would end up with this guy?!

The board must know something awfy special that no one else does.

Good luck to him.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Who would have thought that with the hundreds of out of work or wannabe managers that we would end up with this guy?!

Good luck to him.

A guy who is young talented develops youngsters and has a side kicking one their weight?

matty_f
13-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Good luck to him.

What makes you say that?

SaulGoodman
13-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Any need for that? :confused:

Aye

MB62
13-02-2019, 03:49 PM

Good luck to him.

:stirrer:

Tug Wilson
13-02-2019, 03:49 PM

Good luck to him.

They have interviewed him so know more about than I do. And you I would presume.

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Ooft, a lot of sensitive souls on here today.

Like most of you I’d never heard of the guy until a few weeks ago.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 03:53 PM

Good luck to him.

To be fair you only have to read/listen to some of the interviews posted up on .net to see he's got a bit about him. I'd also suggest the board have spent considerable time questioning him, whilst also gathering references from throughout the game.

Will he be a success? Nobody knows. But your miserable attitude is quite disappointing to be honest. Suggests you would have preferred someone else.
I would genuinely like to know who you would have preferred?

Ryan91
13-02-2019, 03:53 PM

Good luck to him.

Mowbray and Stubbs were a bit like that too, we'd never really heard of them and yet we came to appreciate both of their tenures

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2019, 03:55 PM
I wished him good luck and said that the board must know a lot more than everyone else.

How the hell so do you take from that that I’m miserable or had someone else in mind?

lapsedhibee
13-02-2019, 03:56 PM
I wished him good luck and said that the board must know a lot more than everyone else.

How the hell so do you take from that that I’m miserable or had someone else in mind?

Probably your use of the word bizarre.

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Mowbray and Stubbs were a bit like that too, we'd never really heard of them and yet we came to appreciate both of their tenures

They had both previously played for Celtic and everyone knew who they were.

No one had even heard of this guy prior to Lennon leaving, now you’re all saying he’s a great appointment!!

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2019, 03:59 PM

They were well known players, so had that advantage. Wee Pat on the other hand, was out of left field.

Hibs90
13-02-2019, 03:59 PM

No one had even heard of this guy prior to Lennon leaving, now you’re all saying he’s a great appointment!!

Only a few are saying its a good appointment. The reality is nobody knows and we will just need to wait and see, instead of writing the guy off already.

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2019, 04:00 PM
I never wrote him off.

I’m firmly in the let’s give him a chance camp.

I’m not going pretend I’m excited by him though, I know nothing about him.

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Let's just say you didn't come across as particularly "happy" with the appointment. Based on this and that you hadn't heard of him until a few weeks ago, I assumed you might have had a preferred candidate in mind?

But I know know that you are quite happy with the appointment and didn't fancy anyone else. So it's all cool :aok:

CockneyRebel
13-02-2019, 04:02 PM

"Played" being the operative word. Hadn't been heard of in a managerial sense though.

Hibs90
13-02-2019, 04:04 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1095687831136067587

Video of him at HTC here

HFC93
13-02-2019, 04:21 PM
The truth is when a Scottish Prem team appoints a new manager he either is a rookie, was been previously bumped by a team in England or has done well in the lower Scottish divisions or Irish football.

Paul Heckingbottom had 2-3 successful years at Barnsley. Surprised some people are turning their nose up at that! Sacked by Leeds, a massive club and basket case. Looks like a shrewd appointment to me.

Just Jimmy
13-02-2019, 04:42 PM

No one had even heard of this guy prior to Lennon leaving, now you’re all saying he’s a great appointment!!if you had an knowledge of football in England or indeed at all you've have heard of him. you may not have known the specifics but you'd know the name.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
13-02-2019, 04:47 PM
if you had an knowledge of football in England or indeed at all you've have heard of him. you may not have known the specifics but you'd know the name.

I must know hee haw about football then as I had never heard of him before, but that means nothing as he will get my backing

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Like many Hibs fans I feel very underwhelmed with this appointment. Heckingbottom comes with a patchy record and despite all the nice words said about him there is feeling of disappointment. Seems to me the board picked in their estimation the best of who is available and who we could afford. However he may turn out to be a great success and time will tell. Wish him all the best and I hope he proves to be a great appointment.

Just Jimmy
13-02-2019, 04:58 PM
I must know hee haw about football then as I had never heard of him before, but that means nothing as he will get my backingthat's all he or the club would ask, I would guess.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Like many Hibs fans I feel very underwhelmed with this appointment. Heckingbottom comes with a patchy record and despite all the nice words said about him there is feeling of disappointment. Seems to me the board picked in their estimation the best of who is available and who we could afford. However he may turn out to be a great success and time will tell. Wish him all the best and I hope he proves to be a great appointment.

Where’s the patchy record?

He took over Barnsley won a cup got promoted kept them in the second tier having sold offall their best players. Got the Leeds job paid £1m a year.

Lennon or Stubbs couldn’t keep a club in the championship Hecky did twice and had all his best players sold, reinvested and brought through youth and coaches them on.

The boys background completely fits our structure. He’s also been holding out for the right job and it’s great he wants to come up here. New guy from down south, own ideas no old firm bull ****.

I get called negative a lot but never ever praise when positive.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 05:01 PM
I must know hee haw about football then as I had never heard of him before, but that means nothing as he will get my backing

Playoff finals are great. Barnsley where amazing the day they went up. Big Soarky will know him well too.

hibs#1
13-02-2019, 05:03 PM
I'd heard of him before.Had to ask my dad who Tony Mowbray was when he was appointed.

As all players coaches and managers at Hibs they will get my full support, the truth is no matter who we appoint we won't know if they are good or not until much further down the road. Very few managers will guarantee success unless you go after a Klopp or a Guardiola which ain't happening at Easter Road.

tonyrougier123
13-02-2019, 05:04 PM

He took over Barnsley won a cup got promoted kept them in the second tier having sold offall their best players. Got the Leeds job paid £1m a year.

Lennon or Stubbs couldn’t keep a club in the championship Hecky did twice and had all his best players sold, reinvested and brought through youth and coaches them on.

The boys background completely fits our structure. He’s also been holding out for the right job and it’s great he wants to come up here. New guy from down south, own ideas no old firm bull ****.

90+2 what a beacon of positivity you are 😉 ggtth

green day
13-02-2019, 05:06 PM

Good positive post :wink:

bingo70
13-02-2019, 05:13 PM

Tbf you’ve missed out the sections where his record was patchy 😉

He was on a very poor run at Barnsley with something like 1 win in 13 and then struggled at Leeds.

I’m not pointing them out to be negative but I don’t think we should just ignore them. I personally think there were mitigating circumstances with both those periods and he’ll be a better manager for the experiences.

I think he’ll be a really good appointment but only time will tell, really looking forward to hearing what he’s got to say.

CathroMustStay
13-02-2019, 05:15 PM

Are you Heckingbottom's agent?

That's some spin.

w pilton hibby
13-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Seems to me the board picked in their estimation the best of who is available and who we could afford.

Is that not the definition of good governance?

CapitalGreen
13-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Tbf you’ve missed out the sections where his record was patchy 😉

He was on a very poor run at Barnsley with something like 1 win in 13 and then struggled at Leeds.

He left Barnsley sitting 21st in the league on a run of 1 league win in 15. The previous season they won only 2 of the final 18 league games of the season.

Speedway
13-02-2019, 05:21 PM
He left Barnsley sitting 21st in the league on a run of 1 league win in 15. The previous season they won only 2 of the final 18 games of the season.

Yeah, I think he’s going to be a complete failure/cheap option.

Do you think he’s going to be a complete failure/cheap option?

SquashedFrogg
13-02-2019, 05:22 PM
He left Barnsley sitting 21st in the league on a run of 1 league win in 15. The previous season they won only 2 of the final 18 games of the season.

Man, you really don't like this appointment? Popping up with a range of negatively positioned stats most of the day.

Cheer up, you might like him :aok:

CapitalGreen
13-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I think he’s going to be a complete failure/cheap option.

Do you think he’s going to be a complete failure/cheap option?

I've no idea if he is cheap or not. I want the best possible candidate who is within our budget, if that person is cheaper than other candidates then all the better.

CapitalGreen
13-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Man, you really don't like this appointment? Popping up with a range of negatively positioned stats most of the day.

Cheer up, you might like him :aok:

I hope I do and I will support him if he's appointed. I am not going to pretend I don't have reservations about him though.

brythehibby
13-02-2019, 05:25 PM
He left Barnsley sitting 21st in the league on a run of 1 league win in 15. The previous season they won only 2 of the final 18 league games of the season.

Lennon left us having won 2 of his last 14 league games but I wouldn’t say he was a bad manager for us in the time he was here. Let’s give the guy a chance.

green day
13-02-2019, 05:26 PM
I hope I do and I will support him if he's appointed. I am not going to pretend I don't have reservations about him though.

Who would you rather we appointed?

Serious question, and - I think we can assume - Pep isnt available.

Silky
13-02-2019, 05:32 PM
I am yet to see concrete evidence proving, beyond doubt, that he will be a failure at Hibs. I've seen plenty of opinion, but there is no factual evidence to prove that he will fail at Hibs.

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 05:34 PM
I am yet to see concrete evidence proving, beyond doubt, that he will be a failure at Hibs. I've seen plenty of opinion, but there is no factual evidence to prove that he will fail at Hibs.
I too was waiting for a post that ended in "FACT" before I believed it.........

Onion
13-02-2019, 05:35 PM
The truth is when a Scottish Prem team appoints a new manager he either is a rookie, was been previously bumped by a team in England or has done well in the lower Scottish divisions or Irish football.

Paul Heckingbottom had 2-3 successful years at Barnsley. Surprised some people are turning their nose up at that! Sacked by Leeds, a massive club and basket case. Looks like a shrewd appointment to me.

You're still left asking the question.... why Hibs, why now ? If he's decent, why has no one else south of the border picked him up by now ? What do Hibs see that no one else has ?

Then again, same could have been said about Lennon :greengrin

Dr_Regal
13-02-2019, 05:38 PM
I picked Heckingbottom over Appleton when the two names emerged, so I am thrilled.

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Tbf you’ve missed out the sections where his record was patchy ��

I’m not pointing them out to be negative but I don’t think we should just ignore them. I personally think there were mitigating circumstances with both those periods and he’ll be a better manager for the experiences.

I think he’ll be a really good appointment but only time will tell, really looking forward to hearing what he’s got to say. Indeed bingo70 his record is patchy and it was 1 win in sixteen and four points of the bottom(no pun intended) Four wins at Leeds and rightly or wrongly was sacked. I also read he had to cope with losing all his best players at Barnsley.... seems familiar.

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Is that not the definition of good governance? Yip typical Hibs!!

JimBHibees
13-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Interesting appointment seems to be a keen to learn coach who has worked hard to improve himself. Hope it works out well for all concerned. Welcome Paul.

CathroMustStay
13-02-2019, 05:54 PM
https://streamable.com/sr79d = Old Heckingbottom song from the Barnsley faithful.

green day
13-02-2019, 05:56 PM
https://streamable.com/sr79d = Old Heckingbottom song from the Barnsley faithful.

Christ................

Wakeyhibee
13-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Indeed bingo70 his record is patchy and it was 1 win in sixteen and four points of the bottom(no pun intended) Four wins at Leeds and rightly or wrongly was sacked. I also read he had to cope with losing all his best players at Barnsley.... seems familiar.

Few other overlooked stats/info.

He left them in 21st not in the relegation zone.

In Dec 2017 there was a change of ownership at Barnsley.

2016/17 finished 14th but only 7pts off relegation, just shows how tough that league is for a "minnow".

Why would Leeds Utd appoint a manager with a poor record in Feb 18 when they were above them (10th)?

The stats may not look good on paper but there is obviously more behind that.

I would also take a pinch of salt with any Leeds or Barnsley fans advice they really don't like each other.

Slavers
13-02-2019, 06:05 PM

Great post and spot on! Let's get behind this man and Make Hibernian Great Again!

#MHGA #GGTTH

Hibeesmad
13-02-2019, 06:09 PM

Great apppointment, totally agree!

Heisenberg
13-02-2019, 06:11 PM

Good post. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does.

we are hibs
13-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Announcement imminent according to STV

GloryGlory
13-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Announcement imminent according to STV

24 hours and counting... :greengrin

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:16 PM
I’m all for ‘giving the guy a chance .. of course... and I sincerely hope he becomes a legend.

My trouble is the complete lack of info coming out of my club (including my elected reps incidentally ) . We’ve lost Lenny and it now looks looks like we will settle for our second choice.but we don’t really know, do we? Coz of this ridiculous blackout

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2019, 06:17 PM
I don't see how anyone can say 'great appointment' or 'terrible appointment', when the guy is very unfamiliar to most of us and we have no idea what will happen. We can only give him time to settle in and see how it goes, before we make value judgements. Let's support him and see what he can bring to the club.

timewilltell
13-02-2019, 06:18 PM
I’m all for ‘giving the guy a chance .. of course... and I sincerely hope he no one’s a legend.

My trouble is the complete lack of info coming out of my club (including my elected reps incidentally ) . We’ve lost Lenny and it now looks looks like we will settle for our second choice.but we don’t really know, do we? Coz of this ridiculous blackout
What were you expecting?

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:20 PM
What were you expecting?

Information on what is major issue with my club

Wasnae expecting to be kept completely in the dark

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 06:20 PM
I’m all for ‘giving the guy a chance .. of course... and I sincerely hope he no becomes a legend.

What in the world are the clubs meant to say FFS?

1) Well we talked to X but those talks went to s**t
2) Then we talked to Y but we couldn't get an agreement with him either.....

That sort of thing?

matty_f
13-02-2019, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure what folk expect with a new manager appointment. When I first saw the list of names I'll be honest and say none of them really got me excited, but that was because I hadn't heard of most of them.

Then I thought about it and realised that I don't really have a clue who is out there that fits the bill for us. I follow Hibs closely but beyond Hibs I don't pay much attention to football - especially English football, so no matter who was being quoted I'd have thought "who?".

When Mowbray was announced I remember seeing the news report and thinking "FFS", then I heard him talk about how he wanted us to play, and he remains one of my favourite Hibs managers because we were brilliant at times under him.

Stubbs was another like that, I know for some reason he divides opinion on here, but I loved watching us under Stubbs the vast majority of the time, and again we were brilliant at times under him.

Collins had no win percentage to quote and no managerial experience but had us playing scintillating Football at times. Earlier today, my son stuck the 1-0 derby win in the CIS Cup under Collins on YouTube and we watched it together, then the 4-1 v Aberdeen and Hibs were outstanding in those matches.

I don't know anything about Heckingbottom but I do know Hibs have processes in place to help identify head coaches so I'm fairly confident that the people making the appointment will know exactly what they're getting, contrary to some of the guff that gets spouted about them.

So I'm optimistic about what's coming, I'll reserve judgement one way or the other until he's had time to make an impact, but I'll refrain from using phrases like "I'm underwhelmed" because basically I'm completely ignorant to the choices we had, and because I've never researched or known about Heckingbottom, I can't say if it's a great appointment or a terrible one yet.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2019, 06:23 PM
didn't want him, but thy shall not be Heckling the Heck

welcome to Hibernian Football Club

Speedway
13-02-2019, 06:24 PM

That sort of thing?

Hibernian Statement

The board of directors are keenly aware of the strength of feeling from our supporters regarding the lack of information coming from the club in recent weeks.

The board are also aware that the supporters haven’t had the experience of running a Top flight professional football club and a small minority of them are proper bellends.

Shut up, pay your money and strap in. Got it morons?

Rod Petrie - Chairman and Overlord.

HFC93
13-02-2019, 06:25 PM
I’m all for ‘giving the guy a chance .. of course... and I sincerely hope he becomes a legend.

Do football clubs generally update fans in detail when recruiting a new manager? That's a new one to me. Sounds incredibly unprofessional.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:25 PM

That sort of thing?

Or how about simply sticking to the truth? Is that really too much to expect?

Was Heckingbottom the main man? The outstanding candidate bar none? Our 1st choice of applicants?

If so , great, we got our man!

But in reality we are left in limbo.. social media filling the void.

It sucks!

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 06:27 PM

Was Heckingbottom the main man? The outstanding candidate bar none? Our 1st choice of applicants?

But in reality we are left in limbo.. drama queens on social media filling the void.

It sucks!
Fixed that for you.....

SRHibs
13-02-2019, 06:27 PM

You want the board to publicly say Heckingbottom is our second choice? Are you a sports psychologist by any chance?

Wilson
13-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Hibernian Statement

The board of directors are keenly aware of the strength of feeling from our supporters regarding the lack of information coming from the club in recent weeks.

The board are also aware that the supporters haven’t had the experience of running a Top flight professional football club and a small minority of them are proper bellends.

Don't be fooled by the smiling eyes and the grampa moustache. He is mean.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2019, 06:28 PM
I don't know anything about Heckingbottom but I do know Hibs have processes in place to help identify head coaches so I'm fairly confident that the people making the appointment will know exactly what they're getting, contrary to some of the guff that gets spouted about them.

oops

Groathillgrump
13-02-2019, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure what folk expect with a new manager appointment. When I first saw the list of names I'll be honest and say none of them really got me excited, but that was because I hadn't heard of most of them.

Then I thought about it and realised that I don't really have a clue who is out there that fits the bill for us. I follow Hibs closely but beyond Hibs I don't pay much attention to football - especially English football, so no matter who was being quoted I'd have thought "who?".

When Mowbray was announced I remember seeing the news report and thinking "FFS", then I heard him talk about how he wanted us to play, and he remains one of my favourite Hibs managers because we were brilliant at times under him.

Stubbs was another like that, I know for some reason he divides opinion on here, but I loved watching us under Stubbs the vast majority of the time, and again we were brilliant at times under him.

Collins had no win percentage to quote and no managerial experience but had us playing scintillating Football at times. Earlier today, my son stuck the 1-0 derby win in the CIS Cup under Collins on YouTube and we watched it together, then the 4-1 v Aberdeen and Hibs were outstanding in those matches.

So I'm optimistic about what's coming, I'll reserve judgement one way or the other until he's had time to make an impact, but I'll refrain from using phrases like "I'm underwhelmed" because basically I'm completely ignorant to the choices we had, and because I've never researched or known about Heckingbottom, I can't say if it's a great appointment or a terrible one yet.

Matty, what have the Huns got to do with us choosing a new Head Coach? :greengrin

SquashedFrogg

It sucks!

What did you do before social media?

Hibby70
Hibernian Statement

That would be the best statement ever. If I win the Euro millions I'm buying Hibs and hiring you as media chief.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:33 PM
What did you do before social media?

... And your point is?

B.H.F.C
13-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Would be lying if I said this appointment really excites me. But Dempster and Craig have done well with the last two they recruited so deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Glad we can move forward now. He couldn’t have picked his first two games any better. Great chance to get off to a positive start and that’s what he needs.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Where are the .net terrible puns?

Heckingbottom: by eck, he'd better not make an erse of it :bye:

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 06:40 PM
20 hours to go!

Leith Green
13-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Would be lying if I said this appointment really excites me. But Dempster and Craig have done well with the last two they recruited so deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Glad we can move forward now. He couldn’t have picked his first two games any better. Great chance to get off to a positive start and that’s what he needs.

There was literally nobody that excited me amongst the names linked with the managers job. That unfortunately is the reality we face as a club of our size in the Scottish league when signing managers and most players. Its actually nigh on impossible to predict who will be good , bad , or indifferent.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 06:43 PM
His runs of games without wins looks bad using stats but considering his job was to keep a tier three club in the second tier he was achieving that had having his best players sold all the time.

They where 7th in the first season back up to the champs then lost three big players and still stayed up.

matty_f
13-02-2019, 06:45 PM
oops

I don't know what you're on about :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Matty, what have the Huns got to do with us choosing a new Head Coach? :greengrin

Or you! :faf:

.. not to self: check posts for auto correct fails before posting.

Wilson
13-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Or you! :faf:

.. not to self: check posts for auto correct fails before posting.

Note?

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Ridiculous that folk expect the club to update them personally throughout the search. You'll know when everyone else knows.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:51 PM
You want the board to publicly say Heckingbottom is our second choice? Are you a sports psychologist by any chance?

I want to know if there’s any truth in numerous reports that our first choice of manager walked away coz of some last minute changes to the employment offer or, is that total BS?? and in actual fact , we got the mannager we wanted? Our first choice. That would be good to know and I don’t agree with you that you need to be a sports physiologist to know theses simple facts. Being a Hibs supporter is enough.

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Few other overlooked stats/info.

He left them in 21st not in the relegation zone.

In Dec 2017 there was a change of ownership at Barnsley.

2016/17 finished 14th but only 7pts off relegation, just shows how tough that league is for a "minnow".

Why would Leeds Utd appoint a manager with a poor record in Feb 18 when they were above them (10th)?

The stats may not look good on paper but there is obviously more behind that.

I would also take a pinch of salt with any Leeds or Barnsley fans advice they really don't like each other. The stats I quoted came from the Leeds Live news pages. One win in sixteen four points of the bottom club Burton is what's stated.

Jim44
13-02-2019, 06:53 PM
This ‘first choice’, ‘second choice’ mumbo jumbo is nonsense. When a short leet of candidates is drawn up, they’re not listed in some sort of order of merit. They are on the leet as equals and all capable of doing the job in question. If, during the interview, one candidate becomes unsuitable or makes unacceptable demands, he is removed from the process and you move on the next candidate. It would appear, if we can believe the gossip, that this happened with Appleton and there is no reason to assume that the eventual appointment will be an inferior choice. If Heckingbottom is successful, I hope he doesn’t start his job with the handicap of ‘second choice’ stigma round his neck.

Heisenberg
13-02-2019, 06:53 PM
I want to know if there’s any truth in numerous reports that our first choice of manager walked away coz of some last minute changes to the employment offer or, is that total BS?? and in actual fact , we got the mannager we wanted? Our first choice. That would be good to know and I don’t agree with you that you need to be a sports physiologist to know theses simple facts. Being a Hibs supporter is enough.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be announced as the outstanding candidate and our first choice for the role whenever it’s made official by the club.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 06:54 PM
I’m pretty sure he’ll be announced as the outstanding candidate and our first choice for the role whenever it’s made official by the club.

Yes, I hope so

B.H.F.C
13-02-2019, 06:54 PM

I’ve not seen it suggested that there were any last minute changes. Just that he was asking for something we didn’t agree to.

Heisenberg
13-02-2019, 06:55 PM
This ‘first choice’, ‘second choice’ mumbo jumbo is nonsense. When a short leet of candidates is drawn up, they’re not listed in some sort of order of merit. They are on the leet as equals and all capable of doing the job in question. If, during the interview, one candidate becomes unsuitable or makes unacceptable demands, he is removed from the process and you move on the next candidate. It would appear, if we can believe the gossip, that this happened with Appleton and there is no reason to assume that the eventual appointment will be an inferior choice. If Heckingbottom is successful, I hope he doesn’t start his job with the handicap of ‘second choice’ stigma round his neck.

Unfortunately some folk have already labelled him as such. What you’ve said seems to be the most logical way to work and I’d guess is exactly what happened.

Scouse Hibee

It sucks!

Total nonsense, and yes your post sucks.

Johnny Clash
I’ve not seen it suggested that there were any last minute changes. Just that he was asking for something we didn’t agree to.

Where did you see that mate?

BullsCloseHibs
13-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Just remember these two words "Ian Cathro" and thank our lucky gods we don't go looking for his type!

matty_f
13-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Note?

FFS!! :faf:

Captain Trips
13-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Heckingbottom: The Yorkshire Skipper

HoboHarry
FSF!! :faf:
Fixed that for you.... :greengrin

BoomtownHibees

There were some media stories that he wanted a “12 month pay off if sacked” clause on his contract whilst Hibs would only give him 4 months

mcohibs
... And your point is?

Point is that people have now become accustomed to instant information given the age we live in and chuck their toys out the pram whenever they don’t have it.

Find it weird this new phenomenon of people tearing into the club for not spilling the beans on absolutely everything that’s going on behind the scenes. Since when was it the norm for football clubs to plaster the ins and outs of managerial contract negotiations on Twitter?

Wilson
13-02-2019, 07:01 PM

People will read what they want into whatever the club say.

To me it looks like we got the manager who worried less about the clauses surrounding his sacking. That is a good sign.

First choice, second choice is for the papers. Heck is one if our top candidates and is the one that agreed terms.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2019, 07:02 PM

In the various reports. Not seen any of them suggest that we moved the goalposts from something we had initially offered Appleton.

matty_f
13-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Fixed that for you.... :greengrin

:greengrin

Wakeyhibee
13-02-2019, 07:03 PM
The stats I quoted came from the Leeds Live news pages. One win in sixteen four points of the bottom club Burton is what's stated.

Wasn't a pop at you, was adding to your post, sorry if it read that way

Captain Trips
13-02-2019, 07:05 PM
There were some media stories that he wanted a “12 month pay off if sacked” clause on his contract whilst Hibs would only give him 4 months

If he signed a 3yr deal and got sacked after 1yr would he not get 2yrs pay?

Robbo6-2
13-02-2019, 07:05 PM
I am hopeful this will be a good fit.

Only 6 months ago he was a much sought after manager down south and got a big job at Leeds which didnt work out.

I would take some of the Barnsley fans comments with a pinch of salt as some are still bitter for jumping ship to one of there main rivals. He over achieved at Barnsley and done a great job there hence the reason a huge club like Leeds came in for him.

Looking forward to see how he will do.

BoomtownHibees
13-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Just going by what was reported. It read that it is “normal” for a 12 month severance payout to be made of sacked but Hibs would only offer 4

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 07:08 PM
I was wondering about the whole question myself. I'm not sure what the point would be of signing a three year contract if he could be fired at any time with a one year pay off? Isn't the point of a contract to ensure he has a job for whatever time frame agreed?

Captain Trips
13-02-2019, 07:09 PM
I was wondering about the whole question myself. I'm not sure what the point would be of signing a three year contract if he could be fired at any time with a one year pay off? Isn't the point of a contract to ensure he has a job for whatever time frame agreed?

Indeed, which would make that a good deal for us.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Point is that people have now become accustomed to instant information given the age we live in and chuck their toys out the pram whenever they don’t have it.

Find it weird this new phenomenon of people tearing into the club for not spilling the beans on absolutely everything that’s going on behind the scenes. Since when was it the norm for football clubs to plaster the ins and outs of managerial contract negotiations on Twitter?

That’s fine apart from the fact the board said it wanted to improve communication with the supporters. So much so that the board created two positions on the board for ‘supporters reps’ who we elect. All candidates procaim they will improve communications. Then we are completely left in the dark.

I honestly think it’s ridiculous.

We’ve lost our manger . No idea why. He’s not resigned. he’s not been sacked.... anyway .. no point in telling you SFA we’ll soon find a new manager,

I’m sorry. It’s not good enough.

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2019, 07:10 PM
I once got to the final three stage in a job application process, the very last thing we discussed was the fine details of the contract and salary structure. It wasn’t right for me so we discussed it further but couldn’t come to an agreement. We shook hands and I declared myself out, I never told the press though.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 07:12 PM
In the various reports. Not seen any of them suggest that we moved the goalposts from something we had initially offered Appleton.

That was my take too.

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Wasn't a pop at you, was adding to your post, sorry if it read that way Not at all Wakeyhibee at the end of the day it's just stats. Let's hope the new man is a total success! What's happenin' in Largs? A former haunt of mine in my youth...

matty_f
13-02-2019, 07:13 PM
I once got to the final three stage in a job application process, the very last thing we discussed was the fine details of the contract and salary structure. It wasn’t right for me so we discussed it further but couldn’t come to an agreement. We shook hands and I declared myself out, I never told the press though.

Same, have been in that position a couple of times and not once have I gone to the press about it.

Speedway
13-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Same, have been in that position a couple of times and not once have I gone to the press about it.

I’ve never been in that position and have always gone to
The press about it.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 07:29 PM

Fair enough .. so that’s what happened here then? No problem with that.

Wakeyhibee
13-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Not at all Wakeyhibee at the end of the day it's just stats. Let's hope the new man is a total success! What's happenin' in Largs? A former haunt of mine in my youth...

I hope so, i really dont know much about the guy outside the info on the net. As for Largs not a lot this time of year :) The OF fraternity here are generally decent though.

matty_f
13-02-2019, 07:34 PM
I’ve never been in that position and have always gone to
The press about it.

Yeah when I'm not in that position I'm on to the press about it all the time.

mcohibs
13-02-2019, 07:39 PM
That’s fine apart from the fact the board said it wanted to improve communication with the supporters. So much so that the board created two positions on the board for ‘supporters reps’ who we elect. All candidates procaim they will improve communications. Then we are completely left in the dark.

I honestly think it’s ridiculous.

We’ve lost our manger . No idea why. He’s not resigned. he’s not been sacked.... anyway .. no point in telling you SFA we’ll soon find a new manager,

I’m sorry. It’s not good enough.

It’s not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is that people can’t comprehend two scenarios.

A. Lennon and the board don’t see eye to eye. The reason for this we don’t know (although it has been well speculated). The club, well aware of supporter sentiment, are unable to disclose information about this reason for disagreement due to legal implications. Legal implications that came about following an agreement between manager and board (mutual consent as per club statement).

B. The club don’t want to release information on candidates that they are considering/ interviewing for the role of manager, either through social media platforms or through the press. This may compromise the selection process - surely most people can grasp that?

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 07:48 PM
It’s not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is that people can’t comprehend two scenarios.

A. Lennon and the board don’t see eye to eye. The reason for this we don’t know (although it has been well speculated). The club, well aware of supporter sentiment, are unable to disclose information about this reason for disagreement due to legal implications. Legal implications that came about following an agreement between manager and board (mutual consent as per club statement).

B. The club don’t want to release information on candidates that they are considering/ interviewing for the role of manager, either through social media platforms or through the press. This may compromise the selection process - surely most people can grasp that?

Yeh, but your ‘scenarious’ are just made up . You are imagining that this might be the case. Anyone can dream up scenarios and you can make them as convoluted as you like. The point you completely ignore is that the board promised improved communications. Any chance you can give me a scenario when this happens?

Jim44
13-02-2019, 07:50 PM

Maybe I’m way off beam here, but if I have a three year deal and because of, say, unacceptable behaviour am enough of a liability to be ‘sacked’, I wouldn’t be expecting any severance payment. If, on the other hand, I have a three year contract but do not live up to expectations, I think it’s reasonable to expect severance payment if the company wanted rid of me, as it would be ‘by mutual agreement’. I think the Appleton situation was muddied because they were talking about sacking, resigning and mutual agreements. Anyway, it’s water under the bridge, and we move on. :hibees

CockneyRebel
13-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Yeh, but your ‘scenarious’ are just made up . You are imagining that this might be the case. Anyone can dream up scenarios and you can make them as convoluted as you like. The point you completely ignore is that the board promised improved communications. Any chance you can give me a scenario when this happens?

Just like yours.

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Maybe I’m way off beam here, but if I have a three year deal and because of, say, unacceptable behaviour am enough of a liability to be ‘sacked’, I wouldn’t be expecting any severance payment. If, on the other hand, I have a three year contract but do not live up to expectations, I think it’s reasonable to expect severance payment if the company wanted rid of me, as it would be ‘by mutual agreement’. I think the Appleton situation was muddied because they were talking about sacking, resigning and mutual agreements. Anyway, it’s water under the bridge, and we move on. :hibees
It doesn't matter if you would expect to get sacked or not, the point is that a fixed term contract would be honoured or they would be worthless. Not living up to expectations would be difficult to prove as well, given there could be multiple mitigating circumstances......

HoboHarry
13-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Good grief man, how old are you? Improved communications does not, and will never, include confidential information from employee negotiations. When we choose to not employ someone we are supposed to come out publicly and state his wage demands or contract details as being unreasonable?

mcohibs
13-02-2019, 08:02 PM

That’s why it’s called a scenario. It is a highly possible explanation for lack of communication by the club. You, and many others, are bashing the club for lack of communication but ignoring glaringly obvious reasons for why they may choose not to disclose certain information.

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Just like yours.

Like what?

greenflyer
13-02-2019, 08:15 PM
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/weekend-interview-former-leeds-united-and-barnsley-boss-paul-heckingbottom-itching-to-return-to-the-frontline-1-9416451

:flag:

Speedway
13-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Hecks, Hecks
Hecks for the cup
Our manager’s the greatest
He plays with two up

Hecks, hecks
In trackies black and green
We went with Macron
Coz Nike prices were obscene

One Day Soon
13-02-2019, 08:47 PM
#Appointsomeone-anyone

Johnny Clash
13-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Good grief man, how old are you? Improved communications does not, and will never, include confidential information from employee negotiations. When we choose to not employ someone we are supposed to come out publicly and state his wage demands or contract details as being unreasonable?

Hey ‘Hobo Harry’ - so there’s been no improved communication? Didn’t think so. I’m actually quite old but I don’t think there should be any age limit in order to ask questions about my team as opposed to being a sycophant!

hibsbollah
13-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Eddie Mayapplebottom is the man for me.

Hibees1973
13-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Been a fair bit of hysteria on here since Lennon left and the clubs’ efforts to appoint a new manager. I have contributed a few incoherent posts myself after all that has gone on.

I must admit to being bitter about losing Lennon, but it is time to move on.

If it is Heckingbottom, then I wish him all the best. Hope he follows our tradition of attacking football and get us winning more than we lose. We all know supporting Hibs is not all about winning trophies.

Hope the next few years with Heckingbottom makes the last few weeks worthwhile.

Inconsequential
13-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Eddie Mayapplebottom is the man for me. Hope things don't go pear shaped under Mayapplebottom. :wink:

heretoday
13-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Heck's not much to look at. Mind you anything would be an improvement on Lenny.

Speedway
13-02-2019, 09:22 PM
It’s fishy!!

SMAXXA
13-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Announced

Joe6-2
13-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Heck's Hibees!