PDA

View Full Version : Darnell Johnson

04Sauzee
12-02-2019, 04:01 PM
2 match ban after having his appeal rejected

Northernhibee
12-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Joke. Someone needs to return the favour to Scott Brown next game.

Billy Whizz
12-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Both these challenges were worse than Johnson’s, especially Paul McGinns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47215971

PaulSmith
12-02-2019, 04:10 PM
I can live with the 2 game ban for Johnson as it was a poor challenge.

What I don’t understand and the SFA need to explain is why they are satisfied that the McGinn forearm smash and Power’s kick into the face of Jack aren’t deemed as being worthy of a
ban.

Tarrahib
12-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Darnell Johnson was not in the Hibs squad last Saturday.Why did hibs not accept the 2 match then and he would only have 1 more match to sit out.Hibs don't win many appeals in Glasgow anyway.

Billy Whizz
12-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Darnell Johnson was not in the Hibs squad last Saturday.Why did hibs not accept the 2 match then and he would only have 1 more match to sit out.Hibs don't win many appeals in Glasgow anyway.

Don’t think they were offered it

Wigson13
12-02-2019, 04:29 PM

I couldn't understand this either, he was injured last weekend anyway so surely it would have made sense just to accept the ban rather than take the risk of having him miss important games in the near future!

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2019, 04:31 PM
What about Scotty Brown getting off with murder with his late slow mistimed tackles Compliance Officer should look at Celtic

Aim Here
12-02-2019, 04:35 PM

I was under the impression that compliance-officer retroactive punishments weren't awarded if the referees saw and punished the relevant infringement, which was definitely the case last Wednesday. I'm sure that was the case with some fairly recent rulings. Am I mistaken, or are the SFA making the rules up as they go along, again?

MartinfaePorty
12-02-2019, 04:40 PM
I think that was the case previously, but this has been changed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

neil7908
12-02-2019, 05:10 PM
SFA are corrupt. The game in this country is a joke.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 05:29 PM
The Kilmarnock boy got off with a head height challenge. No further action.

This compliance officer woman just makes it up as she goes along. No consistency.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2019, 05:30 PM
What an absolute farce.

calumhibee1
12-02-2019, 05:36 PM
This is setting a precedent now. Even though he was booked at the time he has now been banned. There appears to be no consistency with retrospective action. Steve Clarke was right to question why Defoe wasn’t banned and we should be asking why Scott brown isn’t .

calumhibee1
12-02-2019, 05:37 PM
It seems no matter if action is taken at the time or not it can be reviewed which we were led to believe couldn’t happen if a referee had dealt with it at the time

Monktonhall 7
12-02-2019, 05:45 PM
And yet the 3 separate incidents that Morelos was cited for were all swept away because Beaton said he was aware of them at the time. Hibs need to grow a pair and challenge this.

we are hibs
12-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Fair enough. Was a bad challenge. The main gripe seems to be that he has been pulled up yet players from certain other clubs seem to be immune from it. Scottish football. Not corrupt in any way though, eh?

green day
12-02-2019, 05:55 PM
And yet the 3 separate incidents that Morelos was cited for were all swept away because Beaton said he was aware of them at the time. Hibs need to grow a pair and challenge this.

Hibs already challenged it as they didnt accept the initial offer - the SFA "experts" looked at it and he was given the ban.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
12-02-2019, 07:21 PM
I think that was the case previously, but this has been changed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Has it definitely been changed? Can anyone explain why no action could be taken after the last Celtic Sevco’s match when Beaton was said to have seen the incidents involving Morelos so no further action could be taken. I haven’t seen the Johnson tackle and wouldn’t disagree if the evidence is right but as ever the SFA apply rules with no consistency except to make sure their favoured team is not brought to justice.
Another reason not to just “ move on”.

Joe6-2
12-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Has it definitely been changed? Can anyone explain why no action could be taken after the last Celtic Sevco’s match when Beaton was said to have seen the incidents involving Morelos so no further action could be taken. I haven’t seen the Johnson tackle and wouldn’t disagree if the evidence is right but as ever the SFA apply rules with no consistency except to make sure their favoured team is not brought to justice.

Fed up with Hibs seemingly 'rolling over', not speaking up for themselves

JohnM1875
12-02-2019, 07:29 PM

Would be class if we had a manager in place who could stand up for us...

Joe6-2
12-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Would be class if we had a manager in place who could stand up for us...

Yes, but feel the board should speak up

matty_f
12-02-2019, 07:31 PM

Didn't we just appeal the decision?

Joe6-2
12-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Didn't we just appeal the decision?

Yeah, but if the ref saw the incident I thought no retrospective punishment could be dished out?

green day
12-02-2019, 07:38 PM

As I said above, Hibs already challenged it as they didnt accept the initial offer - the SFA "experts" looked at it and he was given the ban.

green day
12-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Yeah, but if the ref saw the incident I thought no retrospective punishment could be dished out?

That rule has changed

MartinfaePorty
12-02-2019, 07:40 PM

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3999/scottish-fa-jpp-18_19.pdf

Section 13.3 refers. I was going to copy and paste the relevant bits, but lost the will to live looking through this! To summarise; it appears that if there was some aspect to the tackle that the ref didn't see, then it's fair game for the Compliance Officer, even if a booking was administered at the time.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 07:41 PM
As I said above, Hibs already challenged it as they didnt accept the initial offer - the SFA "experts" looked at it and he was given the ban.

We should call them out publicly. We won’t. We never do. Don’t want to rock the boat.

green day
12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
We should call them out publicly. We won’t. We never do. Don’t want to rock the boat.

Do you think we should concentrate on that at this point? I think getting a manager is more important.

Not being flippant, but the tackle was bad - you could say it was reckless, not sure we have a leg to stand on, tbh.

The issue is that there were several terrible challenges both in that match and subsequently which have not been punished. Do you think that the SFA are favouring Killie and St Mirren as well as Rangers / Celtic over Hibs?

Anything said would need to sound sensible and not just like some pish off twitter.

silverhibee
12-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Just wait until McGregor gets of with his tomorrow, should be fun, but seriously folks, let's just move on eh, our club are happy to be involved in a corrupt system that favours 2 clubs.

green day
12-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Just wait until McGregor gets of with his tomorrow, should be fun, but seriously folks, let's just move on eh, our club are happy to be involved in a corrupt system that favours 2 clubs.

And the Killie and St Mirren challenges?

I think we have a compliance officer with no clue, tbh

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Do you think we should concentrate on that at this point? I think getting a manager is more important.

Not being flippant, but the tackle was bad - you could say it was reckless, not sure we have a leg to stand on, tbh.

The issue is that there were several terrible challenges both in that match and subsequently which have not been punished. Do you think that the SFA are favouring Killie and St Mirren as well as Rangers / Celtic over Hibs?

Anything said would need to sound sensible and not just like some pish off twitter.

I don’t think it would take too much time or effort to put something out expressing their thoughts.

Don’t necesarilly have an issue with Johnson being banned. But there is a total lack of consistency. Look at Brown. Look at Power. She’s just making it up as she goes along.

We’ve shown in the past that we’re happy just to sit back and take it where the SFA are concerned. Don’t expect we’ll change.

Joe6-2
12-02-2019, 08:06 PM
I don’t think it would take too much time or effort to put something out expressing their thoughts.

Don’t necesarilly have an issue with Johnson being banned. But there is a total lack of consistency. Look at Brown. Look at Power. She’s just making it up as she goes along.

We’ve shown in the past that we’re happy just to sit back and take it where the SFA are concerned. Don’t expect we’ll change.

Was my point exactly!