PDA

View Full Version : Anyone But Celtic Film -A Film by Paul Larkin

Carheenlea
11-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Watched this tonight and one of the funniest things I`ve watched for a long time :hilarious. Hard to accept that it isn`t a spoof.
What did surprise me though was that Celtic allowed this tin foil hat merchant to film his ramblings within Celtic Park. An absolute embarrassment.
An entertaining hour though..

https://youtu.be/d-fH2-ABHX0

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Celtic fans don't do irony eh? Faux incredulity that most of the refs from Lanarkshire follow either Celtic or Rangers when and I quote "there's at least 4 other clubs they could follow" the inference being that its mostly Rangers, and asking …. why is that? Aye, why do most folk in Lanarkshire follow Celtic or Rangers …. why is that? …. A question every non OF fan in Scotland knows the answer to ya glory hunting roasters :faf:

Mixu62
12-02-2019, 03:18 AM
Celtic fans don't do irony eh? Faux incredulity that most of the refs from Lanarkshire follow either Celtic or Rangers when and I quote "there's at least 4 other clubs they could follow" the inference being that its mostly Rangers, and asking …. why is that? Aye, why do most folk in Lanarkshire follow Celtic or Rangers …. why is that? …. A question every non OF fan in Scotland knows the answer to ya glory hunting roasters :faf:

They usually reply with some garbage about family ties to Glasgow or some such nonsense. "My great-grandad's dug once ran on the pitch".

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-02-2019, 06:00 AM
Im sure the boy that made the film comes from craigmillar too!

we are hibs
12-02-2019, 06:10 AM
Someone told me Celtic allowed them to have a film premiere inside Celtic park. Surely a piss take? :hilarious

Winston Ingram
12-02-2019, 06:58 AM
Im sure the boy that made the film comes from craigmillar too!

He’s from Muirhouse. I’ve met him a few times. He’s written loads of Celtic books. I’ve met him a few times and he definitely falls into the conspiracy camp.

Couldn’t guarantee he believes all the stuff he writes but tbf to him, the Old Firm conspiracy market is massive and with plenty of knuckledraggers willing to part with their cash

LancsHibs
12-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Sounds a pile of crap think I’ll give it a swerve

Nutmegged
12-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Watched it and I think there is a serious point made about referees and the Lanarkshire referees association however dressing it up as everypne against Celtic makes a mockery of it, if it was simply about highlighting the clear Rangers bias throughout the decades it'd get far more traction but as a non Celtic fan its hard to believe everyone is out to get them, if its a Celtic vs Rangers issue I'd fancy Rangers to get favourable decisions but his lack of perspective kills it, the way he feels against Rangers is the way many 'diddy teams' feel against Celtic.

The way the referees are groomed is an important issue that deserves to be highlighted but he went about it all wrong.

hibsbollah
12-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Watched it and I think there is a serious point made about referees and the Lanarkshire referees association however dressing it up as everypne against Celtic makes a mockery of it, if it was simply about highlighting the clear Rangers bias throughout the decades it'd get far more traction but as a non Celtic fan its hard to believe everyone is out to get them, if its a Celtic vs Rangers issue I'd fancy Rangers to get favourable decisions but his lack of perspective kills it, the way he feels against Rangers is the way many 'diddy teams' feel against Celtic.

The way the referees are groomed is an important issue that deserves to be highlighted but he went about it all wrong.

:agree:
We have been saying the same about referees and Rangers for years. Just because it's a Celtc production doesn't mean we can ignore what it's saying. The case against the Lanarkshire refereeing cabal is fairly well established.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 09:16 AM
One half of the establishment tells us the establishment is biased toward the other half of the establishment. Yawn.

Tell me, why do Celtic fans not say a word about Craig Thomson's performance in the Scottish Cup final? Because if it's not a biased toward Rangers or against Celtic, they don't give a ****.

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 12:57 PM
He’s from Muirhouse. I’ve met him a few times. He’s written loads of Celtic books. I’ve met him a few times and he definitely falls into the conspiracy camp.

Couldn’t guarantee he believes all the stuff he writes but tbf to him, the Old Firm conspiracy market is massive and with plenty of knuckledraggers willing to part with their cash

And that's a solid basis for the next film he could make. I mean, if he wants to see fairness in Scottish football when it comes to refereeing decisions and what refs are appointed to what games, then surely this paragon of sportsmanship, this advocate of a level playing field would surely also like to see addressed the way the Ugly sisters leech supporters from the catchment areas of other Scottish clubs, making them considerably stronger than their rivals, a strength based on an artificial fan base way out of proportion to the geographical area they can actually lay claim to as a source of support. A leeching of support which not only makes them stronger, but by definition also weakens their rivals …. a glory hunter gained by the Ugly sisters duopoly is a local fan lost to their home town team / teams.

I would love him to apply his forensic investigative talents ( which as far as I can see from that film even stretch to insider knowledge about what goes on behind the bedroom doors of Scottish football league employees ) to an investigation of the postcode breakdown belonging to the season ticket and registered supporters databases held by Celtic and Rangers …… Now wouldn't that be an interesting wee film.

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2019, 01:19 PM
The conspiracy wasn't working very well last week at Parkhead last week. Or afterwords when only Johnson got done. Or Brown's assault on Slivka at ER earlier this season. Or when we got TWO fouls in an first game at Parkhead. And that's only against Hibs this season.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 01:22 PM
And that's a solid basis for the next film he could make. I mean, if he wants to see fairness in Scottish football when it comes to refereeing decisions and what refs are appointed to what games, then surely this paragon of sportsmanship, this advocate of a level playing field would surely also like to see addressed the way the Ugly sisters leech supporters from the catchment areas of other Scottish clubs, making them considerably stronger than their rivals, a strength based on an artificial fan base way out of proportion to the geographical area they can actually lay claim to as a source of support. A leeching of support which not only makes them stronger, but by definition also weakens their rivals …. a glory hunter gained by the Ugly sisters duopoly is a local fan lost to their home town team / teams.

I would love him to apply his forensic investigative talents ( which as far as I can see from that film even stretch to insider knowledge about what goes on behind the bedroom doors of Scottish football league employees ) to an investigation of the postcode breakdown belonging to the season ticket and registered supporters databases held by Celtic and Rangers …… Now wouldn't that be an interesting wee film.

See, if you try and put that to any Celtic fan (leeching support, and generally players and resources from other clubs) then they do a complete about face and start the whole "we're a big club, if you don't like it deal with it, capitalism etc etc" spiel that is totally at odds with their downtrodden poor-me Rangers are the big bad bullies line.

If you introduced some sort of fair play transfer/wage cap initiative in Scottish football that guaranteed Celtic and Rangers an equal transfer pot, but also decreased the gap between them and the other clubs (thereby no longer guaranteeing them a two horse race), Celtic fans would be first to cry foul and claim it's not fair because they haven't had a chance to achieve 15 in a row/the quintuple treble and whatever other ***** we should all lie down for "for the greater good".

CMurdoch
12-02-2019, 01:38 PM

It could have been a good little documentary but it was as if someone was sabotaging it every couple of minutes by making ridiculous comments and salacious statements irrelevant to the serious issues being discussed. Tom Boyd must have been massively embarrassed when he saw the finished product and IMO they took advantage of an old man, John Fallon. As for the ex referee whose identity was being kept secret. He just appeared to be an invented person with a script filling in the blanks.

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
See, if you try and put that to any Celtic fan (leeching support, and generally players and resources from other clubs) then they do a complete about face and start the whole "we're a big club, if you don't like it deal with it, capitalism etc etc" spiel that is totally at odds with their downtrodden poor-me Rangers are the big bad bullies line.

If you introduced some sort of fair play transfer/wage cap initiative in Scottish football that guaranteed Celtic and Rangers an equal transfer pot, but also decreased the gap between them and the other clubs (thereby no longer guaranteeing them a two horse race), Celtic fans would be first to cry foul and claim it's not fair because they haven't had a chance to achieve 15 in a row/the quintuple treble and whatever other ***** we should all lie down for "for the greater good".

Absolutely

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 02:14 PM
It could have been a good little documentary but it was as if someone was sabotaging it every couple of minutes by making ridiculous comments and salacious statements irrelevant to the serious issues being discussed. Tom Boyd must have been massively embarrassed when he saw the finished product and IMO they took advantage of an old man, John Fallon.

I have to say that there were a number of claims in the film which were made against people who are conveniently no longer with us. I don't know if the lady a number of allegations were made against which basically accused her of nothing short of prostitution is still alive, but if she is I would hope for the film makers sake that he has solid proof to back up the allegations he made against her …. because if not he could be looking at a very nasty lawsuit.

Not to mention that because Celtic allowed him to narrate the film using Celtic park as a platform they appear to be supportive of the allegations he made against her, I cant believe they didn't get a private viewing of the film before it was made available to the public and that being the case they could well be open to legal action as well. Its one thing making statements like 'it was common knowledge' or saying that everybody within the game at the time was speculating about who 'the latest jockey was' ….. Its quite another thing to provide hard evidence in court of the claims he made about Maureen Cooper.

Its one thing investigating what you see as corruption within sports governing body, its quite another to destroy a woman's reputation based on ( from what I can see ) nothing more than hearsay, rumour and innuendo.

As another poster said …. This would all look so much better if the claim was an allegation of bias and match fixing against referees and the SPFL /SFA in order to favour Rangers, but it isn't, what it is is a ramble about an anti Celtic agenda perpetuated by the masons and Orange lodge who have infiltrated the SPFL and its predecessors and the SFA in order to carry it out.

When you look at Celtic's bulging trophy cabinet can I be the first to say that so far as a conspiracy to disadvantage them is concerned this masonic / Orange order plot has been about as successful as Tibet's efforts at world football domination …. If that's a conspiracy to ensure Celtic fail I wish to hell the Mason's and Orange order would turn their attention to Hibs.

League titles 49
Scottish cups 38
League cups 18

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Celtc and Sevco Fans are now in a competition to make themselves out to be the most oppressed club and group of fans in Scotland.

"We're poor wee Irish/Palestinians/(add any historically oppressed group here that has no connection to Celtc), and yous are aw just pickin oan us"

"We're poor wee outnumbered Proddies and yous are aw jist Bigots.... FTP, WATP, GSTQ!!"

Meanwhile, the rest of us know they themselves are actually the two Establishment clubs, making their claims totally laughable.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Celtc and Sevco Fans are now in a competition to make themselves out to be the most oppressed club and group of fans in Scotland.

"We're poor wee Irish/Palestinians/(add any historically oppressed group here that has no connection to Celtc), and yous are aw just pickin oan us"

"We're poor wee outnumbered Proddies and yous are aw jist Bigots.... FTP, WATP, GSTQ!!"

Meanwhile, the rest of us know they themselves are actually the two Establishment clubs, making their claims totally laughable.

To be fair, it is a masterstroke that the establishment clubs managed to split themselves into two synthetically diametrically opposed groups (aside from fiscally of course), so they can both perpetually claim the other half are the bad guys while the rest of us sit there impoverished, ignored and totally powerless.

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 02:26 PM
To be fair, it is a masterstroke that the establishment clubs managed to split themselves into two synthetically diametrically opposed groups (aside from fiscally of course), so they can both perpetually claim the other half are the bad guys while the rest of us sit there impoverished, ignored and totally powerless.

Aye … you didn't hear too much moaning about masons and the Orange lodge when Celtic were in collusion with their west end buddies in sooking up the TV money.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Aye … you didn't hear too much moaning about masons and the Orange lodge when Celtic were in collusion with their west end buddies in sooking up the TV money.

Spot on. I guess the 5% away ticket "sales levy" racket from a few years ago was actually thought up independently by the two of them, and it was just a coincidence that it was exactly the same idea at the same time?

CMurdoch
12-02-2019, 02:30 PM
I have to say that there were a number of claims in the film which were made against people who are conveniently no longer with us. I don't know if the lady a number of allegations were made against which basically accused her of nothing short of prostitution is still alive, but if she is I would hope for the film makers sake that he has solid proof to back up the allegations he made against her …. because if not he could be looking at a very nasty lawsuit.

Not to mention that because Celtic allowed him to narrate the film using Celtic park as a platform they appear to be supportive of the allegations he made against her, I cant believe they didn't get a private viewing of the film before it was made available to the public and that being the case they could well be open to legal action as well. Its one thing making statements like 'it was common knowledge' or saying that everybody within the game at the time was speculating about who 'the latest jockey was' ….. Its quite another thing to provide hard evidence in court of the claims he made about Maureen Cooper.

Its one thing investigating what you see as corruption within sports governing body, its quite another to destroy a woman's reputation based on ( from what I can see ) nothing more than hearsay, rumour and innuendo.

As another poster said …. This would all look so much better if the claim was an allegation of bias and match fixing against referees and the SPFL /SFA in order to favour Rangers, but it isn't, what it is is a ramble about an anti Celtic agenda perpetuated by the masons and Orange lodge who have infiltrated the SPFL and its predecessors and the SFA in order to carry it out.

When you look at Celtic's bulging trophy cabinet can I be the first to say that so far as a conspiracy to disadvantage them is concerned this masonic / Orange order plot has been about as successful as Tibet's efforts at world football domination …. If that's a conspiracy to ensure Celtic fail I wish to hell the Mason's and Orange order would turn their attention to Hibs.

League titles 49
Scottish cups 38
League cups 18

Ignoring the legal issues, Maureen Cooper was irrelevant to the case the film was trying to make.
They said she pumped a lot of the referees and was the person who allocated the games with the jocky getting allocated the better games.
Gid story but nothing to do with a film alleging Celtic have been disadvantaged by corrupt masonic and orange influence within the referee fraternity.

AndyM_1875
12-02-2019, 04:14 PM

He's an utter hysteric. Some of the stuff he comes out with warrants a padded cell.

His stuff about referees being out to get Celtic is baseless, moon howling nonsense. If there was anything in them how come Celtic have won more Scottish Cups than any other side, are going for 8 titles in a row and a treble treble. How come Scott Brown was not sent off against Hibs recently for a challenge that was both reckless and dangerous? I could go on.

If there is a conspiracy against Celtic then the plotters are making a roaring erse of it.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2019, 01:30 AM
Ignoring the legal issues, Maureen Cooper was irrelevant to the case the film was trying to make.
They said she pumped a lot of the referees and was the person who allocated the games with the jocky getting allocated the better games.
Gid story but nothing to do with a film alleging Celtic have been disadvantaged by corrupt masonic and orange influence within the referee fraternity.

I totally agree with you mate, which makes it all the more bizarre that that section was included in the film at all. If it was chucked in as some sort of comedy moment to lighten things up I highly doubt Ms Cooper or her family will be able to see the funny side.

pacorosssco
13-02-2019, 05:34 AM

I agree there are very serious issues about integrity of referees. It's only the Celtic slant on it that lets it down. He also raised very strong evidence of wrong doing and integrity of SFA in the asterik years. Our game is bent up here and any one who points it out is ridiculed. The Rangers play off leg at ibrox was televised yet Hibs players couldn't take corners for being hit with objects thrown from crowd. What happened. Nothing. Was it in refs match report. No. Would that level of behaviour go unpunished or unreported in a televised EPL game. NO. We deserve better. The quality of our referees is also shocking. Every week they are a talking point

andyf5
13-02-2019, 06:59 AM
I totally agree with you mate, which makes it all the more bizarre that that section was included in the film at all. If it was chucked in as some sort of comedy moment to lighten things up I highly doubt Ms Cooper or her family will be able to see the funny side.
There were other personal allegations that didnt belong in the film. I gave up after 15 minutes.

lyonhibs
13-02-2019, 07:22 AM
That's an absolute scream. Not watching an hour of it though.

BILLYHIBS
13-02-2019, 11:55 AM
I knew it....I just knew Bobby Davidson didn’t like HIBS .....I was only twelve years old at the time.............it is all starting to fall into place .......starting to make perfect sense. :greengrin

Sylar
13-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Absolute ****ing moonhowler.

Does he recall the influence Celtc exerted over referees in 2010 when Dougie McDonald CORRECTLY changed his mind over a penalty?? Resulting in the ultimate strike of referees, followed by a significant change in the number of penalties (more) and yellow cards (less) they got compared to every other team in the league?

Lawell and his managerial puppets are experts at peddling the "downtrodden" mantra and they roll it out liberally to try and pressure referees in their subsequent games in charge of them.

I happen to know two of the "Lanarkshire cabal", and the conspiracy nonsense is utterly, utterly laughable.

hibstag
14-02-2019, 12:13 PM
It could have been a good little documentary but it was as if someone was sabotaging it every couple of minutes by making ridiculous comments and salacious statements irrelevant to the serious issues being discussed. Tom Boyd must have been massively embarrassed when he saw the finished product and IMO they took advantage of an old man, John Fallon. As for the ex referee whose identity was being kept secret. He just appeared to be an invented person with a script filling in the blanks.

This is how i saw it , it would be interesting to see how keen he was in backing up some of his claims if the retired referees (or indeed the families of the refs mentioned in the case of those now passed on ) chose to pursue this through legal channels.

ironically the Aberdeen Celtic captains handshake shown looked at a suspicious angle and was clearly involving knuckle touching. the film maker also stated that the masons did not exclude on the grounds of religion and that Catholics had self excluded themselves from the masonic movement by papal decree, then spent the film alluding to Catholics being excluded on grounds of religion by the masons.

hibsbollah
14-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Absolute ****ing moonhowler.

Does he recall the influence Celtc exerted over referees in 2010 when Dougie McDonald CORRECTLY changed his mind over a penalty?? Resulting in the ultimate strike of referees, followed by a significant change in the number of penalties (more) and yellow cards (less) they got compared to every other team in the league?

Lawell and his managerial puppets are experts at peddling the "downtrodden" mantra and they roll it out liberally to try and pressure referees in their subsequent games in charge of them.

I happen to know two of the "Lanarkshire cabal", and the conspiracy nonsense is utterly, utterly laughable.

I know you as a poster and enjoy your contributions on here. I also know you are not a fan of anything that could be seen as a 'conspiracy theory' You're what I'd call an Uber rationalist :greengrin

What is it in particular that makes you doubt the main thrust of the documentary, which is in essence, Man A gets a position of power, seeks to spread his influence among close friends Man B and Man C, and local geography (small area of Lanarkshire), these individuals continue to enjoy power and privilege and continue to limit this power to a very small cohort of their friends? That's what we're talking about.

Corruption DOES happen, and there have been proven cases too numerous to list here but Serie A, calciopolli is just one, in football. What makes it so difficult to believe in this case?

And that's before we look at the anecdotal evidence of what we watch on the pitch week in week out.

Even if you don't believe that the masons or the lodge are driving a big anti paper conspiracy, you have to ask why our refereeing brethren aren't coming from a more wide cross section of society.

Dobosz83
14-02-2019, 01:20 PM
It did open my eyes to a few things I wasn't fully aware of and there is a decent argument for a refereeing bias in favour of Rangers.

That said I felt the Celtic slant ruined it completely. The history part about Brother Walfrid establishing the club in 1888 to help Catholics escaping Ireland just felt like revisionism. It stared that way, for sure, but that was actually to Hibs detriment and the people who established us. It very quickly became less about helping oppressed Catholics and more about making money.

This never tends to get a mention from Celtic 'faithful'. As Nae Nookie pointed out their trophy cabinet speaks for itself for a club that has been 'shafted'. Come back to me when you get an opportunity to win the cup after 110 years against your rivals and you get the refereeing performance from hell...