PDA

View Full Version : Fans Reps & Working Together

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 03:43 PM
There's been a bit of chat about lack of cimm from the club of late and some of the old topics are rearing their head again meaning they've never been fully addressed (catering, behind the goals, stadium looking tired & NHS hub to name a few).

I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile having a monthly update on the forum from either (or both) the fans Reps and the Working Together group so know a little more about what was going on behind the scenes.

Even if the feedback was "not much to report but we're still discussing x, y and z". Posters then can add anything they wish to be brought up, make sure that the post states they won't be able to respond to each item one by one but if the check the next months post they'll hopefully get an update to their query.

I can't imagine that the above would take too much time, there's probably minutes from meetings so it would just be a quick copy, edit and past for the relate topics but would hopefully give us back a little more of the community feel we hear talked about rather than replying on an update from Leeann each time (and people getting upset when it doesn't happen).

John takes time to do a match report after every game so I'm not sure a quick summary from our reps once a month is a lot.

Not a criticism of current performance by either party, an honest query/suggestion.

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Think this is a great suggestion - if I was them I’d create a “fans reps” section on the club website and put the monthly updates there. A link out up in here and the bounce etc would be a perfect way to direct people to it each time it is published ....

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Agreed but I don’t think they’re allowed to - someone posted an update a while back and they asked for it to be kept within the group and not to post.

I can’t temember the specifics but I’m sure someone else will.

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Agreed but I don’t think they’re allowed to - someone posted an update a while back and they asked for it to be kept within the group and not to post.

Think this is true - but suspect the
Myth has grown wings...can’t see any reason why at least the key themes/topics aren’t outlined - they could feel free to keep anything overly sensitive or commercial off the general update

Skol
11-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Quite why this hasnt been in place ever since they started in role I do not know. This is exactly what they have been elected to do.

I wont be voting this time around, unless its a protest candidate !

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 06:37 PM

I get there's things they wouldn't want to talk in public about straight away, there may be follow up discussions to nbe had, they just need to have 15 mins at the end where they agree 5he points that are to be shared, someone documents it in the minutes and it's shared amongst attendees afterwards for final review with a deadline of 48 hours. If you don't respond your agreement is assumed.

As someone else suggested, put it on the website and have as RS Bot article shared on here each time.

Twiglet
11-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Some things are asked to be kept in the group, but not everything. They tend to say at the meeting what shouldn't go any further and, anything they don't, you normally know without saying what shouldn't using common sense.
There are times where it's batting about ideas and getting an idea of what fans think to see if it's worth taking forward. Sometimes it's sensitive information where the club are having faith in the fans to not talk about it in the wider domain but also let them know things have been talked about by them.

For a while an abridged copy of the minutes were posted on here but it's not happened for a while. I remember there were also a couple of fan rep updates on the site but again nothing for a while. Something to maybe bring up with rep candidates at the hustings when they take place?

Skol
11-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Some things are asked to be kept in the group, but not everything. They tend to say at the meeting what shouldn't go any further and, anything they don't, you normally know without saying what shouldn't using common sense.
There are times where it's batting about ideas and getting an idea of what fans think to see if it's worth taking forward. Sometimes it's sensitive information where the club are having faith in the fans to not talk about it in the wider domain but also let them know things have been talked about by them.

For a while an abridged copy of the minutes were posted on here but it's not happened for a while. I remember there were also a couple of fan rep updates on the site but again nothing for a while. Something to maybe bring up with rep candidates at the hustings when they take place?

Thats just rubbish. If things are too secret to be shared, they wouldnt be shared with the group as word will get out and anyway, why tell a small group of people.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Thats just rubbish. If things are too secret to be shared, they wouldnt be shared with the group as word will get out and anyway, why tell a small group of people.

To test how ideas/products/services may be received?

bigswissstriker
12-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Does anyone have the link to nominate a fans rep? Or is this now closed?

Eaststand
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Hey, you should be out practicing how to hold up a pass and trying to recapture some of last seasons form instead of spending time on messageboards Flo ;+)

GGTTH

Famous Fiver
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM
I've got a great idea.

Get the fans reps to give an update to fans in Behind the Goals prior to Scottish Cup Ties.

Oh wait..............

Forza Fred
13-02-2019, 04:40 AM

Closed a while ago

Those who did nominate should have recently been briefed by one of the directors on what the role entails'

Nobody seems to be advertising their interest yet.

Brizo
13-02-2019, 05:18 AM
Closed a while ago

Those who did nominate should have recently been briefed by one of the directors on what the role entails'

Once they do we can look forward to characters who never appear on here or the bounce being all over the mbs like a rash and then promptly disappearing once their election campaign is over.

RIP
13-02-2019, 06:02 AM
When I designed the structure of Let’s Work Together back in 2011-2012 the goal was to involve reps from HSA branches, Hibs.Net, Hibees Bounce, Shareholders, Hibs12thMan, Sect43 etc.

This was to ensure that LWT fans group reps had a channel to bring discussed themes and ideas to club management and board then feed back responses.

That was all pre-relegation of course and those involved will recall how until Leeann was recruited, relationships between board and fans groups had broken down.

It’s great that WT has continued and is still working away behind the scenes. Maybe someone involved now can shed light on the involvement of fans groups?

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2019, 06:43 AM
When I designed the structure of Let’s Work Together back in 2011-2012 the goal was to involve reps from HSA branches, Hibs.Net, Hibees Bounce, Shareholders, Hibs12thMan, Sect43 etc.

This was to ensure that LWT fans group reps had a channel to bring discussed themes and ideas to club management and board then feed back responses.

That was all pre-relegation of course and those involved will recall how until Leeann was recruited, relationships between board and fans groups had broken down.

It’s great that WT has continued and is still working away behind the scenes. Maybe someone involved now can shed light on the involvement of fans groups?

That’s part of the issue with LWT - why isn’t chair lead/chair (Tracey) actively trying to get representation from the above and other groups/individuals?

Feels like a clique, which is very off putting. Time for a revamp/try something different? It’s clearly not working for anyone other than the group themselves who once a month get to set foot in the West Stand meeting areas, have some tea/coffee, whilst hoping to spot some players/staff.

Happy to have my cake and eat it if LWT is delivering; however if that is the case then they are failing on communication as we’re all oblivious to what they are doing.

Allant1981
13-02-2019, 07:01 AM
I've got a great idea.

Get the fans reps to give an update to fans in Behind the Goals prior to Scottish Cup Ties.

Oh wait..............

And what about the fans who don't go there?

RoslinInstHibby
13-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Closed a while ago

my father in law has gone for it, he is at easter road tonight for the 1st stage of the process:agree:

Eaststand
13-02-2019, 08:59 AM
my father in law has gone for it, he is at easter road tonight for the 1st stage of the process:agree:

Can you please tell him if he promises to use the hibs.net to supply monthly updates on what he's doing as a rep, he'll get my vote ;-)

GGTTH

Itsnoteasy
13-02-2019, 09:01 AM

Hope he is thick skinned.

staunchhibby
13-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Do we still have fans reps.Been very conspicuous with there absence. Not seen anything from them for a while.

RoslinInstHibby
13-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Can you please tell him if he promises to use the hibs.net to supply monthly updates on what he's doing as a rep, he'll get my vote ;-)

GGTTH
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif