PDA

View Full Version : Most liked and disliked managers of other clubs

10-02-2019, 08:07 PM
What are some of your most liked and disliked managers of other clubs (past and present)?

Disliked (in no particular order):

Potter - Weird weird character who, for someone whos never won a thing in all his 30+ years as a players and manager, has way too much to say for himself
Jefferies - Arrogant, classless and totally bitter as was his horrible wee side kick Billy "uv bin places" Brown
Houston - See above. Never a smidge of credit towards hibs when we beat them just foaming at the mouth and excuse after excuse..

Liked:

Ally McCoist - Although he's a rangers man, I always thought he actually came across as quite a good guy

jgl07
10-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Mourinho a complete and utter ********. A master in the dark arts of anti-football. Guaranteed to bring any club to its knees within two and a half years.

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Houston. Colin Calderwood at Cambridge is a prick too.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Craig Levein's in a class of his own as far as this is concerned. Compared with him, Jefferies is a saint.

SuperSirJMcginn
10-02-2019, 09:00 PM
What are some of your most liked and disliked managers of other clubs (past and present)?

Disliked (in no particular order):

Potter - Weird weird character who, for someone whos never won a thing in all his 30+ years as a players and manager, has way too much to say for himself
Jefferies - Arrogant, classless and totally bitter as was his horrible wee side kick Billy "uv bin places" Brown
Houston - See above. Never a smidge of credit towards hibs when we beat them just foaming at the mouth and excuse after excuse..

Liked:

Ally McCoist - Although he's a rangers man, I always thought he actually came across as quite a good guy

Are you a rangers fan ?

SuperSirJMcginn
10-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Craig Levein's in a class of his own as far as this is concerned. Compared with him, Jefferies is a saint.

At least potter has abit of banter . Jefferies is like watching paint try

10-02-2019, 09:02 PM

Levein, Houston, Jefferies - all cut from the same cloth really. Bitter, classless and absolutely foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of hibs. Undignified in defeat and undignified in victory. In some of Houstons interviews as Falkirk manager after we beat them in the Championship games, I genuinely thought he was ready to explode. As they say on keekback - SEETHING!

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Levein is a nonentity. More to be pitied than scorned.

I really dislike Gerard and I've no time at all for McCoist who was a sneaky wee creep as a manager.

Souness can get tae as well.

10-02-2019, 09:04 PM
At least potter has abit of banter . Jefferies is like watching paint try

Levein likes to think hes Mr Laugh-a-minute but he's as boring and dull as they come. Sitting at a dinner party with him in your company would feel longer than a week in Saughton.

SuperSirJMcginn
10-02-2019, 09:05 PM
Levein, Houston, Jefferies - all cut from the same cloth really. Bitter, classless and absolutely foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of hibs. Undignified in defeat and undignified in victory. In some of Houstons interviews as Falkirk manager after we beat them in the Championship games, I genuinely thought he was ready to explode. As they say on keekback - SEETHING!

To be fair all of them have a good record against us . Bring back cat bro !!!

SuperSirJMcginn
10-02-2019, 09:06 PM
To be fair all of them have a good record against us . Bring back cat bro !!!

Cathro - auto correct sorry boys

10-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Levein is a nonentity. More to be pitied than scorned.

I really dislike Gerard and I've no time at all for McCoist who was a sneaky wee creep as a manager.

Souness can get tae as well.

I love Gerrard at Liverpool, everything a proper captain and leader should be and a top role model. However, my admiration for him has gone right down since he moved to Scotlands Shame. He's bought into their whole "everybody is against us, its a conspiracy" victim culture.

Joe6-2
10-02-2019, 09:18 PM
All of the above plus him who wore a phannies hat

Eyrie
10-02-2019, 09:30 PM
I liked Cathro.

I really dislike Levain's obsession with us. Wouldn't mind some of his quips if they were funny, but his attempts at humour are about as funny as getting your chest waxed without anaesthetic.

snedzuk
10-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Jock wallace - absolute james hunt

Haymaker
10-02-2019, 10:21 PM
I love Gerrard at Liverpool, everything a proper captain and leader should be and a top role model. However, my admiration for him has gone right down since he moved to Scotlands Shame. He's bought into their whole "everybody is against us, its a conspiracy" victim culture.

He's a Liverpool fan, acting the victim comes naturally
:greengrin

CathroMustStay
10-02-2019, 10:22 PM
It still amazes me that people buy into McCoist's 'happy go lucky' act.

He's the footballing equivalent of Boris Johnson's 'banter' on his Have I Got News For You appearances.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Arsene 'I didn't see the incident' Wenger. He always tried to play attractive football, but he was totally dishonest and hypocritical at Arsenal.

Neil Warnock: possibly the biggest James Hunt ever. By the way, has he had a face lift? His skin looks very tight and odd just now.

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 10:43 PM
If we’re going back a bit then Alex McDonald is a complete ****. Preston I’m sure had a go at managing also.

I’ve always liked Holloway and Warnock. Steve McLaren too .

Hated pardew and liked Woy.

Love Sir Alex. Best there is, best there was...:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 10:55 PM
If we’re going back a bit then Alex McDonald is a complete ****. Preston I’m sure had a go at managing also.

Pardew is a good call :agree:

10-02-2019, 11:06 PM

Holloway is a good shout. Comes across as a real nice guy who loves a bit of banter and humour.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 11:17 PM
I didn't like that bloke Appleton when he was at Oxford.

Jim and Tommy McLean were horrible too.

muzzhfc
10-02-2019, 11:33 PM
He's a Liverpool fan, acting the victim comes naturally
:greengrin

He was an Everton fan growing up.

But I hated Lennon when he was at Celtic. Every rangers manager. Every Hearts manager.

BegbieHSC
10-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Liked - Martin O’Neill at Celtic - seemed an alright guy.

Ian Cathro - genuinely - always came across well - probably more suited to being a coach, as opposed to a Head Coach/Manager

Jim Duffy (hated him for a few days after the scrap with Lenny, but again, he always speaks well.)

Steve Clarke - what’s not to admire?

Strachan - he’s a wee gob*****, but that’s part of the charm.

Disliked - Walter Smith, Craig Levein, Peter Houston, Terry **** Butcher, Jim Jeffries, Derek McInnes, Gary Locke, Brendan Rodgers, Paulo Sergio

Hibeesmad
11-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Always liked Ranieri, even at his Chelsea days, great character.

ivan03
11-02-2019, 02:23 AM
I quite like Brendan Rodgers and Derek McInnes, both pretty classy most of the time and very honest in their interviews after games.

Strachen the king of interviews especially in his time down south.

Can’t stand Levien for obvious reasons, bell....end of a guy.
Also agree about Ally McCoist even more so as a pundit, never biased which is surprising being such a big rangers man.

we are hibs
11-02-2019, 05:52 AM
If hibs didn't exist Craig levein wouldn't be hearts manager. He just like their club is defined by hibs. He's an absolute clown who set the Scotland team back decades.

Warburton was a classless clown too. Waltzed in expecting us to just hand them scott allan. Claimed he didn't want to talk about players from other clubs despite constantly talking about players from other clubs. Went missing for weeks after we basically Kickstarted his demise at rangers after the cup final.

JXM73
11-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Dislike:
Neil Lennon (not at hibs)
Sam **** allardyce
Alan pardew
Mourinho
Ally Mcmoist
Walter smith
Derek hun Mccinnes

J-C
11-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Dislike.
Morinho
Pardew
Levein
Walter Smith ( epitome of the hun culture )
Butcher, charlatan & bully
McCann

Liked.
Sir Alex
Guardiola
Klopp
Shankly
Wenger, moaning faces git but played the game the right way.

JimBHibees
11-02-2019, 07:21 AM
He was an Everton fan growing up.

Dont think he was. Carragher, Owen, Mcmanamin were Blues pretty sure Steeevie G was a red.

The Modfather
11-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Disliked - Crooked ‘Arry, Sam Alladyce, Mourinho, Neil McCann,

Liked - Eddie Howe comes across as a nice guy and doing wonders at Bournemouth, grudgingly Gareth Southgate

stu in nottingham
11-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Historically speaking, Brian Clough, Sir Matt Busby, Bill Shankly and Jock Stein will always be on a pedestal for me.

Not fussed with the likes of Warnock in the present day game.

emerald green
11-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Disliked - Hibs worst ever manager - Butcher.

esjorto
11-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Dislikes.
Levein
Walter Smith
McCoist
Warburton
Pardew
Mourino
Butcher
Jeffries
Gerard

heidtheba
11-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Liked
- Stubbs - not just 'cos of the Cup win, he was a gentleman.
- Sir Bobby Robson - thoroughly decent type of guy
- Clough - just because of the film (and yes, I know lots of it aren't true, but he's fascinating to me)
- Sir Kenny

Can't stand
- Calderwood
- Houston
- Levein - I don't mind him, but this Hearts 'playing up to the crowd' nonsense yesterday was bewilderingly bad. I thought he took the Natural Order stuff quite well actually though.

southsider
11-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Have a major dislike to Alex Ferguson. Never forgave him for breaking Crops leg at Falkirk. Thug of a player.

GreenOnions
11-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Steve Clarke. Graceless in defeat - absolutely never acknowledges when his team deserved to be beaten, always adamant that injustices have been perpetrated on his team but also never seems to notice things that have gone in favour of them. He's also dour and moaning-faced.

Good manager though. he could just do with coming across as a nicer person and showing more sportsmanship

Keith_M
11-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Alex McDonald.

Had a team of thugs everywhere he went. Hearts in the 80s and and Airdrie in the 90s.

I admired Bobby Robson, Brian Clough (though a bit of a strange character), Kenny Dalglish and Jock Stein when he was in charge of Scotland (his Celtc era was before my time)

I've always found it hard to like Alex Ferguson but you have to admire his achievements.

givescotlandfreedom
11-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Dislike:
Levein - an absolute cardigan of a man.
Gerrard - smug twat who's achieved nothing in management.
Rodgers - patronising, self portrait worshiping fud.
Levein - even his own don't like him, 3k at his testimonial.
McInness - perma-tanned hun who presides over a dirty, cheating team.
Clarke - incapable of praise for the other side and constantly girning.
Levein - couldn't leave the toilet in 86 to collect his runner up medal.
Houston - beetroot anti-football trumpet.
Colin Calderwood - the lavvie smell after a heavy night drinking.
Davie Irons - stabbed his own mate in the back.
Mourinho - football hating, tax dodging fud.
Levein - had his bit on the side refer to him as a 'famous football manager' when he got caught playing away instead of a boring Hearts failure.

weedgiehibbie
11-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Could never stand Alex Totten at Falkirk, could never say anything decent about other clubs even when they had hammered Falkirk

silverhibee
11-02-2019, 10:43 PM
It still amazes me that people buy into McCoist's 'happy go lucky' act.

He's the footballing equivalent of Boris Johnson's 'banter' on his Have I Got News For You appearances.

Been in his company many times over the years and he is a decent guy, good laugh.

S.sct
12-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Butcher, Calderwood and McInnes, plonkers one and all.

Levein is a pantomime character, don’t mind him actually. Makes a pure chorus and verse of himself on a regular basis.

Klopp’s a fascinating character.

proud_and_green
12-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Butcher, Calderwood and McInnes, plonkers one and all.

Levein is a pantomime character, don’t mind him actually. Makes a pure chorus and verse of himself on a regular basis.

Klopp’s a fascinating character.

I always liked him....Jimmy that is.

Saint Hibee
12-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Harry Redknapp - a criminal masquerading as a football manager.

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Harry Redknapp - a criminal masquerading as a football manager.

But he does have the richest dog in Europe.

stantonhibby
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Not a fan of that Appleton bloke.

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Whoever managed those Uruguayan thugs in '86.

Ambivalent about Craig Brown but detested his brother Jock Brown when he was 'commentating' on the telly.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Really can't take to these multi millionaire job hopping managers down south like Big Sam and Steve Bruce.

Add to that Paul Lambert, these types turn up, sign on and leave a big stinking mess usually around 12 months later.

Then they like to 'take a break' and to 'contemplate' their next move. Usually somewhere in the Caribbean lighting cigars with burning £50 notes.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-02-2019, 05:16 PM
That huddy of a manager Mark Hughes is another.

Marvellous
12-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Craig Levein is the only manager I genuinely dislike. A creepy, petty, boring, argumentative, thin-skinned man-child with the shannest banter known to man. He should serve as a motivation to everyone in the game: a warning that a lifetime spent in the sport yet winning nothing can turn you into one sour, miserable prick.

Peevemor
12-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I always detested Alex Totten, an ungracious oaf of a man.

jgl07
13-02-2019, 01:05 AM
Arsene 'I didn't see the incident' Wenger. He always tried to play attractive football, but he was totally dishonest and hypocritical at Arsenal.

Neil Warnock: possibly the biggest James Hunt ever. By the way, has he had a face lift? His skin looks very tight and odd just now.

I used to like Arsene Wenger until he stayed too long at Arsenal. The longer he stayed the more outlandish his claims and self-delusion became.

Entirely agree about Warnock.

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 01:28 AM
I'd like a team from the goalie down, picked by Doolan…..Banks brownlie Shaedler ….Doolan Stanton Doolan and Edwards, Doolan O'Rourke and Gordon and Riordan

monktonharp
13-02-2019, 01:29 AM
off tae bed now, feelin' DOOLALY

Bangkok Hibby
13-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Most disliked
Ferguson since his post match attack on his own team after winning the cup in 83

Most liked
Clough, took no **** from anyone. Great manager

SouthMoroccoStu
13-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Peter Houston has to be up there with Levien on the detest list

where'stheslope
14-02-2019, 04:16 PM
This thread would not be worth typing if you took Yam managers out of the equation!

If they had the same thread on keekback, it would all be about Lennon and Co.!!!!

Pity it could be a good thread, but as soon as Levein shows up the thread deteriorates????

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Craig Levein is the only manager I genuinely dislike. A creepy, petty, boring, argumentative, thin-skinned man-child with the shannest banter known to man. He should serve as a motivation to everyone in the game: a warning that a lifetime spent in the sport yet winning nothing can turn you into one sour, miserable prick.

A fascinating description; have you ever seen Levein and The Donald in the same room???

BullsCloseHibs
14-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Harry Potter. A genuine creep and an unusual, bitter football coach.

The Modfather
14-02-2019, 05:55 PM
This thread would not be worth typing if you took Yam managers out of the equation!

If they had the same thread on keekback, it would all be about Lennon and Co.!!!!

Pity it could be a good thread, but as soon as Levein shows up the thread deteriorates????

I’ve read your post a few times and still not sure what you’re talking about.