PDA

View Full Version : NHC Willie McKay and Emiliano Salah

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 12:53 PM
An excellent article here by Daniel Taylor. Hibs fans with memories will recall Willie McKay and the kind of person he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/09/squabbles-over-money-before-sala-is-even-buried-expose-games-hard-face

chrisski33
10-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Sala u mean 😀

Joe6-2
10-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Agents! 😤😡

10-02-2019, 09:14 PM
All very tasteless to be squabbling about money at this moment in time. A young man has tragically lost his life and hasn't even been laid to rest yet. Just shows how much greed can take over some people. That McKay sounds like an absolute slime ball of a character. He certainly stirred a lot of **** up with hibs when the OF were sniffing around Brown and Thompson in 2007, not interested a jot in what was best for their young careers but just out to milk as much cash out of them for himself as he could.

jacomo
10-02-2019, 10:09 PM
“The reliably noxious McKay.”

Sums it up about right.

As I said on another thread, Nantes don’t seem to be in the wrong here. Football is business and the deal was done. They are due £15m.

It is folk like McKay and Cardiff who have questions to answer about leaking details to the media. What does that achieve other than prolonging the grief for people who knew Sala?

I'm Spartacus
10-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Awkward and this should all be done in private IMO.

A business transaction has taken place.
A plane has crashed and 2 people have died.
The business transaction is unaffected IMO.

Insurance will cover it all - the agents will also have some insurance to cover their financial feeding frenzy.

CMurdoch
11-02-2019, 12:27 AM
The transfer fee has been the elephant in the room since the plane disappeared and it was just a question of time before the grubby issue of moneys due broke free.

The 90+2
11-02-2019, 12:28 AM
Where’s the pilot? Thinking more and more something dodgy has went on there

Tobias Funke
11-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Where’s the pilot? Thinking more and more something dodgy has went on there

Like what? Then why are they crowdfunding to recover his body?

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2019, 01:31 AM
When it comes to agents football is very much reaping the whirlwind. For over a century it utterly took the piss out of the players, paying them peanuts compared to the income through crowds and latterly TV and sponsorship they generated.

It was totally understandable that when some savvy folk realised there was money to be made by representing the players and putting a stop to them being utterly exploited by clubs the charlatans and spivs would take the situation and turn it into a greed fest.

Once again football's own greed will prevent it taking the action it should. If they were serious about stopping these leeches sucking the game dry they would bring in a cap on transfer fees and insist that the player's cut pays out to his agent and that the percentage the agent gets from that cut is also capped. But the truth is clubs are so busy cutting each others throats to sign the best players they will continue to let the tail wag the dog.

It may bee unseemly to see Nantes asking for their money so quickly ….. but the truth is they were due it on the day it was scheduled to be paid and Cardiff's apparent search for a loophole or other avenue which will prevent them from having to pay it is far more reprehensible if you ask me.

silverhibee
11-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Like what? Then why are they crowdfunding to recover his body?

Pretty heartless that they never recovered the body of the pilot the same time they got the players body.

Will the plane ever be recovered ?

Smartie
11-02-2019, 01:52 AM
Pretty heartless that they never recovered the body of the pilot the same time they got the players body.

I think they would have recovered it if it had been there to be recovered.

The pilot may have ejected, the plane may have broken up but there's no way they would leave the pilot's body in there if there was a chance of recovering it.

I don't think the plane will be recovered, pretty sure I heard that it would be too difficult but they still hope to be able to get enough info to work out the cause of the crash.

The thing I didn't like about the whole business was how quickly they called off the official search and how soon the crowdfunded search actually managed to find the wreckage. Relatives were close to having to spend their whole lives wondering what happened to the plane. A little bit of crowdfunding and at least some of them will have answers.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2019, 07:29 AM

The pilot’s body wasn’t there to be recovered, only one body in the wreckage.

In terms of possible recovery, the plane isn’t that deep to make it too difficult, just need the right vessel with appropriate lifting equipment on site according to the guy that lead the successful search.

green day
11-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Insurance will cover it all - the agents will also have some insurance to cover their financial feeding frenzy.

Apparently, Cardiff's insurance is limited to £16m. Not enough to cover transfer fee, the agreed salary, agents fees etc.

Itsnoteasy
11-02-2019, 08:07 AM
The pilot’s body wasn’t there to be recovered, only one body in the wreckage.

In terms of possible recovery, the plane isn’t that deep to make it too difficult, just need the right vessel with appropriate lifting equipment on site according to the guy that lead the successful search.

Who would be liable to cover the costs of lifting the plane. Also what would they achieve in doing this. Don't think planes that size have a black box.

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Who would be liable to cover the costs of lifting the plane. Also what would they achieve in doing this. Don't think planes that size have a black box.

Would the pilot not have had insurance? I possibly missed that part of the story.

SMAXXA
11-02-2019, 08:31 AM

I thought the plane had already been recovered?

Callum_62
11-02-2019, 09:19 AM
I thought the plane had already been recovered?

Found- but its still on the sea floor

Im assuming the pilot was ejected on impact - i haven’t seen any pics on the front of the plane so in assuming it was broken up

The pilots body, unfortunately may never be recovered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
11-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Found- but its still on the sea floor

Im assuming the pilot was ejected on impact - i haven’t seen any pics on the front of the plane so in assuming it was broken up

The pilots body, unfortunately may never be recovered

There IS a crowdfunding page to find a second search to look for the pilots body. Killian Mbappe donated £27k which is a nice touch.

Callum_62
11-02-2019, 09:22 AM
There IS a crowdfunding page to find a second search to look for the pilots body. Killian Mbappe donated £27k which is a nice touch.

Yeah i know that - doesn’t mean they will find him though

Im hoping he washes up somewhere/is found and is not “lost to the sea”

Must be even worse for the family in that situation

Good on all the people who have donated too

Callum_62
11-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Yeah i know that - doesn’t mean they will find him though

Im hoping he washes up somewhere/is found and is not “lost to the sea”

Must be even worse for the family in that situation

Good on for all the people who have donated too

green day
11-02-2019, 09:35 AM
I see Willie Mackays twin sons both play for Cardiff (or more correctly are currently loaned out elsewhere).

Was reading an article about how he hooked Salah - told him that he had already told the press that West Ham were interested in order to boost the fee. Told him that he wasnt there to be a father figure, that all he wanted was to increase the size of the deal to boost Salahs income and his fee.

Apparently there are 5 agents involved, on behalf of the player, Nantes, Cardiff. And his previous club (bordeaux?) are due 50% of the Cardiff fee as part of a sell on clause.

hibsbollah
11-02-2019, 09:55 AM
It's also made me reevaluate my views on the whole Kevin Thomson ****show in 2006/7. Judging by what has emerged about what dodginess McKay is capable of, it's fairly obvious that he is well capable of totally manipulating a young footballer like KT. The 'walking along the M8 on broken glass' thing and the Daily Record columns fit a pattern, that as KT has since said he wasn't able to control.

Lago
11-02-2019, 01:39 PM
An excellent article here by Daniel Taylor. Hibs fans with memories will recall Willie McKay and the kind of person he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/09/squabbles-over-money-before-sala-is-even-buried-expose-games-hard-face
This could get very messy

Rocky
11-02-2019, 01:46 PM
I think they would have recovered it if it had been there to be recovered.

The pilot may have ejected, the plane may have broken up but there's no way they would leave the pilot's body in there if there was a chance of recovering it.

I don't think the plane will be recovered, pretty sure I heard that it would be too difficult but they still hope to be able to get enough info to work out the cause of the crash.

The thing I didn't like about the whole business was how quickly they called off the official search and how soon the crowdfunded search actually managed to find the wreckage. Relatives were close to having to spend their whole lives wondering what happened to the plane. A little bit of crowdfunding and at least some of them will have answers.

Is that part about the official search right? I'm sure the private search and official search worked together and split the search area between them.

BullsCloseHibs
11-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least £2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.

BullsCloseHibs
11-02-2019, 02:55 PM
No doubt McKays company isn't UK registered either... No doubt be an offshore company, off the register. Greed, greed, greed.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2019, 03:01 PM
No doubt McKays company isn't UK registered either... No doubt be an offshore company, off the register. Greed, greed, greed.

He lives in Monaco.

jacomo
11-02-2019, 03:13 PM
It's also made me reevaluate my views on the whole Kevin Thomson ****show in 2006/7. Judging by what has emerged about what dodginess McKay is capable of, it's fairly obvious that he is well capable of totally manipulating a young footballer like KT. The 'walking along the M8 on broken glass' thing and the Daily Record columns fit a pattern, that as KT has since said he wasn't able to control.

True, although unless is more to the story than has been revealed so far, KT chose to dump his old agent and willingly signed a contract with McKay.

brog
11-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least £2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.

The emails between Sala & McKay's son were horrible. Sala was then texting everyone saying he was flying by private jet to Cardiff. Instead he ends up in a tiny single engined prop plane flown by a part time pilot with no commercial licence. Poor young man, he must have been consumed with doubts but got on that plane.

hibsbollah
11-02-2019, 03:31 PM
True, although unless is more to the story than has been revealed so far, KT chose to dump his old agent and willingly signed a contract with McKay.

Yes I know. And I was raging at the time, particularly at the DR articles. But I'm now choosing to believe that he did so out of gullibility rather than badness. McKay has clearly hoodwinked cleverer men than KT in his time.

BullsCloseHibs
11-02-2019, 05:52 PM
He lives in Monaco.

There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?

MyJo
11-02-2019, 05:55 PM

From what I understand the type of licence the pilot had did not allow him to get paid for his services so he has either volunteered to do the flight for free as a favour to McKay or he has been given a backhander from McKay to do it.

If Cardiff's insurance only just covers the actual transfer fee and they are going to have to stump up their own money to pay McKay's fees when he looks to be culpable for Sala being on that plane in the first place they will probably do everything they can to avoid that.

Its unlikely that there is an issue with paying the money to Nantes and more to do with waiting for an investigation to be done that allows Cardiff to with-hold payment from McKay.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was McKay himself that leaked this to the press in order to put pressure on Cardiff to make the payment to Nantes so that he gets his cut as soon as possible before any investigations are carried out.

BullsCloseHibs
11-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 06:03 PM
I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!

Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..[emoji4]

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2019, 06:07 PM
There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?

For companies? 33%, as opposed to 19% here.

No Income Tax though.

speedy_gonzales
11-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Would the pilot not have had insurance? I possibly missed that part of the story.

I read an article over the weekend, the authorities are finding it difficult to ascertain ownership of the aircraft. Allegations it was registered in the US as they have more relaxed maintenance regimes compared to UK, even though the plane exclusively flew around the UK/Europe.
If there's any doubt on the legitimacy of the flight the insurers may delay payment,,,,

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2019, 07:07 PM
any chance that Mckay,or son, could end up getting sued from anyone somewhere down the line

One Day Soon
11-02-2019, 08:35 PM
If I were Sala's family, or Cardiff City, or any given part of the authorities looking to be inquisitive I would be wanting to examine very closely who exactly commissioned the flight and on what basis.

I'd want to consider carefully what due diligence was carried out by all parties concerned before putting in jeopardy the life of a young man. I would very particularly want to see any correspondence of any sort sent to Sala from any party or parties instructing him to take that flight.

Then I'd want to instruct a good lawyer to pursue damages if possible for negligence of any sort that may result in criminal, financial and certainly reputational damage for those responsible. And if any of those responsible should turn out to be football agents then cosmic karma will have done its job.

hibsbollah
11-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..[emoji4]

These days Im never really surprised when I meet someone who likes a bit of coke, it's absolutely rife these days. Football agents, media types, journalists, music industry, I'd just assume most of them do.

One Day Soon
28-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Looks like somebody is absolutely ****ting themselves about the outcome of investigations and trying to get their retaliation in first. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109)I wonder which PR agency he has retained. It's a stomach-turning and calculated piece of attempted media manipulation.

JimBHibees
28-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Looks like somebody is absolutely ****ting themselves about the outcome of investigations and trying to get their retaliation in first. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109)I wonder which PR agency he has retained. It's a stomach-turning and calculated piece of attempted media manipulation.

He really is a grotesque piece of work. Slagging people off about criticising the pilot, yet indicates he thinks it was pilot error.

Petrified of a lawsuit against him.

green day
28-02-2019, 06:56 PM
He has two sons on Cardiffs books too - odd situation................

Lago
28-02-2019, 06:56 PM
These days Im never really surprised when I meet someone who likes a bit of coke, it's absolutely rife these days. Football agents, media types, journalists, music industry, I'd just assume most of them do.
Maybe just my age, but I find that really sad.

JimBHibees
28-02-2019, 06:59 PM
any chance that Mckay,or son, could end up getting sued from anyone somewhere down the line

I would say if they have commissioned the flight and the pilot was deemed to somehow not have the right licence or paperwork to fly it is a possibility.

greenpaper55
28-02-2019, 07:08 PM
"The Mckays won't be chasing Nantes for the 1.5 million they are owed for the moment" makes you sick. Seems they arranged the travel but blame the club for not having a private jet !

Iggy Pope
28-02-2019, 07:11 PM
If I were Sala's family, or Cardiff City, or any given part of the authorities looking to be inquisitive I would be wanting to examine very closely who exactly commissioned the flight and on what basis.

I'd want to consider carefully what due diligence was carried out by all parties concerned before putting in jeopardy the life of a young man. I would very particularly want to see any correspondence of any sort sent to Sala from any party or parties instructing him to take that flight.

Then I'd want to instruct a good lawyer to pursue damages if possible for negligence of any sort that may result in criminal, financial and certainly reputational damage for those responsible. And if any of those responsible should turn out to be football agents then cosmic karma will have done its job.

If I were his family I’d also want to find him and kick his **** in.

J-C
28-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Cardiff were going to organise a flight for him but were told it was taken care of, Mackay and son ****ting themselves

jakedance
28-02-2019, 08:33 PM
He really is a grotesque piece of work. Slagging people off about criticising the pilot, yet indicates he thinks it was pilot error.

Petrified of a lawsuit against him.

Complains that Cardiff abandoned the player and didn’t arrange the flight then goes on to say he arranged the flight through a pilot that had flown him and many of his players “all over Europe on countless occasions”.

Is It On....
28-02-2019, 10:15 PM
I thought he had been struck off. Seems his son did the deal and is due €1.5m for sorting it out.

JimBHibees
28-02-2019, 10:21 PM
His son going on about how hard a time it has been for them. Dear oh dear utterly shameless.

brog
28-02-2019, 10:26 PM
He has two sons on Cardiffs books too - odd situation................

Much more than odd. Both sons on Cardiff's books but out on loan at clubs 4 or 5 divisions lower. There is nothing in their cv's to indicate they're good enough to play in the EPL. Looks like money laundering. I think this whole tragedy will shine a light on the corruption endemic in football.

MyJo
28-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Just watched it on bbc news and it was the most contrived, self serving and manipulative thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Del Boy
28-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Won’t be chasing the £1.5m “at the moment”

Oh that’s ****ing big of you

jacomo
28-02-2019, 11:03 PM
His son going on about how hard a time it has been for them. Dear oh dear utterly shameless.

Chip off the old block.

Two people killed in a plane crash and the McKays are concerned about themselves.

Hibs Class
28-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Just watched it on bbc news and it was the most contrived, self serving and manipulative thing I’ve seen in a long time.

:agree: It was nauseating. No sympathy for anyone but themselves, and I doubt I believed a single word WM said.

heretoday
28-02-2019, 11:15 PM
I don't like the look of those McKay chappies. You wouldn't leave either of them alone in your house.

DetroitHibs
01-03-2019, 01:44 AM
It's pathetic this blame game and that sleaze ball McKay is a lowdown dirty rat. However, it was an accident. It doesn't matter who booked the flight, or if needed to be some flight sharing scheme. The pilot was a competent pilot and something went tragically wrong. Out of respect for the families of both the player and pilot, this blame game should be 100% kept out the media and worked out behind closed doors.

HoboHarry
01-03-2019, 02:38 AM
It's pathetic this blame game and that sleaze ball McKay is a lowdown dirty rat. However, it was an accident. It doesn't matter who booked the flight, or if needed to be some flight sharing scheme. The pilot was a competent pilot and something went tragically wrong. Out of respect for the families of both the player and pilot, this blame game should be 100% kept out the media and worked out behind closed doors.
A tragedy without a doubt but nevertheless a lot of money has been lost and from a business point of view Cardiff will understandably want recourse if someone is to blame. I must admit that I wouldn't shed a tear to see the McKays being held financially culpable....

DetroitHibs
01-03-2019, 03:06 AM
A tragedy without a doubt but nevertheless a lot of money has been lost and from a business point of view Cardiff will understandably want recourse if someone is to blame. I must admit that I wouldn't shed a tear to see the McKays being held financially culpable....

Totally agree, a lot of money was on the line, just try and keep this classy behind closed doors.

HoboHarry
01-03-2019, 03:17 AM
Totally agree, a lot of money was on the line, just try and keep this classy behind closed doors.
Did you see McKays interview? Classy is already out of the window with him in full self preservation mode....

DetroitHibs
01-03-2019, 03:26 AM
Did you see McKays interview? Classy is already out of the window with him in full self preservation mode....

I watched it, he came across as a sleazy prick. All parties should get together and work something out. Maybe something along the lines of Cardiff paying half the fee and stopping the blame game.

JimBHibees
01-03-2019, 06:48 AM
Complains that Cardiff abandoned the player and didn’t arrange the flight then goes on to say he arranged the flight through a pilot that had flown him and many of his players “all over Europe on countless occasions”.

Yep no doubt seen as part of agents job. Abandoned the player, all we wanted to do was get him home, utter parasite he is.

Beefster
01-03-2019, 06:50 AM
McKay Snr is an utter weasel. His sons don’t sound much better.

The authorities should be looking at the fact that he’s evidently using his son as a front to continue acting as an agent. They won’t though.

JimBHibees
01-03-2019, 06:50 AM

Totally agree.

hibsbollah
01-03-2019, 07:11 AM
I watched it, he came across as a sleazy prick. All parties should get together and work something out. Maybe something along the lines of Cardiff paying half the fee and stopping the blame game.

Unless there's something contractual we don't know about, Cardiff should be paying the entire original fee. He was a Cardiff player, I'm not sure why there's even any pretence of a 'dispute' about it. Well I do, of course.

The Spaceman
01-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Fat, greasy slime bag.

calumhibee1
01-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Unless there's something contractual we don't know about, Cardiff should be paying the entire original fee. He was a Cardiff player, I'm not sure why there's even any pretence of a 'dispute' about it. Well I do, of course.

Absolutely. Whether he was a Cardiff player for 2 days or 2 years he was 100% their player.

And Willie McKay is a ****ing ****bag.

Stevie Reid
01-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Watching that interview made my skin crawl. McKay is a parasite.

Smartie
01-03-2019, 10:05 AM

Whilst that's technically correct, the circumstances surrounding this transfer are fairly unique.

It would have been nice to think that Cardiff and Nantes could write off half of the transfer each, and send a sizeable chunk to Sala's family/ support any charity efforts in future etc.

This whole affair has the potential to cause reputational damage to the clubs if they don't "do the right thing" and they'll be desperate to avoid that.

The agents are utter **** and are solely to blame for the public debate.

It should be decided behind closed doors.

brog
01-03-2019, 10:24 AM
I loathe the Daily Mail but this is a superb article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6718009/The-time-Cardiff-care-money-Emiliano-Sala-died.html

silverhibee
01-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Yes I know. And I was raging at the time, particularly at the DR articles. But I'm now choosing to believe that he did so out of gullibility rather than badness. McKay has clearly hoodwinked cleverer men than KT in his time.

Who is KT and Broonys agent nowadays.

eastmainsmsh
01-03-2019, 02:11 PM
This dude had a say in Doncaster rovers few year ago

nellio
01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Absolutely. Whether he was a Cardiff player for 2 days or 2 years he was 100% their player.

And Willie McKay is a ****ing ****bag.

Cardiff have said they will do the right thing with regard to the fee. I get the impression that we (Cardiff) are looking at the insurance side of things etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47384817

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47213352

Smartie
01-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Cardiff have said they will do the right thing with regard to the fee. I get the impression that we (Cardiff) are looking at the insurance side of things etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47384817

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47213352

Whilst I think the article makes some reasonable points and Cardiff probably have a few questions to answer on some of the points raised I'm not sure they're all that out of order re Sala. I honestly believe they will do the right thing.

This "story" has a few of my least favourite groups of people's mucky paws all over it. The press are desperate for a big story and to accuse people of behaving inappropriately at a sensitive time. Cardiff wouldn't have had to say anything if they hadn't been forced to by agents pushing and I don't think they would have.

A Petrie-esque deafening silence would have been most appropriate.

hibsbollah
01-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Who is KT and Broonys agent nowadays.

Scott Brown has stayed with Willie McKay I think. Not sure if KT has an agent, do you need one as a youth team coach?

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Whilst that's technically correct, the circumstances surrounding this transfer are fairly unique.

It would have been nice to think that Cardiff and Nantes could write off half of the transfer each, and send a sizeable chunk to Sala's family/ support any charity efforts in future etc.

This whole affair has the potential to cause reputational damage to the clubs if they don't "do the right thing" and they'll be desperate to avoid that.

The agents are utter **** and are solely to blame for the public debate.

It should be decided behind closed doors.

Although it’s such an emotive subject, I see no reason that Nantes would just right off half the transfer fee (I do agree it would be nice)

Keyser Sauzee
01-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Scott Brown has stayed with Willie McKay I think. Not sure if KT has an agent, do you need one as a youth team coach?

Scott Brown doesn’t have an agent any longer, negotiated his last contract at Celtic himself.

snedzuk
02-03-2019, 12:57 AM
I loathe the Daily Mail but this is a superb article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6718009/The-time-Cardiff-care-money-Emiliano-Sala-died.html

wow - theres an article that makes you think WTF

Haymaker
02-03-2019, 01:17 AM

Just a bit yeah.

jgl07
02-03-2019, 12:08 PM
The problem for Cardiff is that as seems likely the insurance policy will not pay out as the flight was unlicensed. What justification they have to refuse to pay Nantes I don’t know. The transfer had been completed. Nantes are due to pay a sell on fee to Bordeaux. Cardiff will end up liable for the fee payment as agreed. Maybe they will chase McKay?

The issue here is Willie McKay. Even amongst football agents he came over as a complete sleazeball.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Almost reads like a Panorama programme. No wonder the McKays' have been on the TV shedding the crocodile tears trying to position themselves.

calumhibee1
24-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Cardiff apparently set to tell FIFA that he hadn’t officially signed and they won’t be paying a penny.

jacomo
24-03-2019, 11:22 PM

:agree:

Good bit of journalism there from Martin Samuel.

Cardiff are being very grubby here. Likewise McKay of course. Feel sorry for Nantes - Cardiff fans mourning a player they never knew - they agreed a deal and there is no question they are owed £15m.

DetroitHibs
25-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Said it earlier, both sides each cover half the costs between them. Forget lawyers and paperwork, the deal had been agreed, it was a one in a lifetime thing to happen. Stop being greedy and end the saga ASAP.

Gloucester Hibs
25-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Absolutely ridiculous IF Cardiff are trying to wriggle out of paying on some kind of technicality, was the guy on that flight for a laugh like? DetroitHibs spot on that would be a dignified, sensible solution.

HoboHarry
25-03-2019, 02:39 AM
Absolutely ridiculous IF Cardiff are trying to wriggle out of paying on some kind of technicality, was the guy on that flight for a laugh like? DetroitHibs spot on that would be a dignified, sensible solution.
I'm not for a moment taking Cardiff's side but if he hadn't signed (it's a big if) it's not a technicality. If a player on his his way to ER to sign for us lost his life would we have to pay a transfer fee?

Gloucester Hibs
25-03-2019, 02:46 AM
I'm not for a moment taking Cardiff's side but if he hadn't signed (it's a big if) it's not a technicality. If a player on his his way to ER to sign for us lost his life would we have to pay a transfer fee?

Even if proven he 100% indisputably hadn’t signed (surely that would’ve been established by now?) Cardiff should do the honourable thing IMO. If it was Hibs i’d be saying the same thing FWIW. Whole thing stinks.

HoboHarry
25-03-2019, 02:58 AM
Even if proven he 100% indisputably hadn’t signed (surely that would’ve been established by now?) Cardiff should do the honourable thing IMO. If it was Hibs i’d be saying the same thing FWIW. Whole thing stinks.
Yes you may be right but it's business and ethics and paying out 15M are bound to butt heads....

Callum_62
25-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Hppe cardiff go down and are never seen in the premiership again

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2019, 07:29 AM
The legality of a contract that was not signed, if that was the case, would be impossible to justify, but if Cardiff continue with that line it is surely the biggest PR disaster of all time. They would be well advised to sort this with dignity with Nantes, well away from the media and newspapers.

calumhibee1
25-03-2019, 07:35 AM

Think Cardiff’s arguement is something along the lines of he had agreed the deal, Cardiff agreed the deal, both parties had signed, the deal had been submitted to the relevant FA’s/FIFA and there needed to be a small amendment to his signing on fee payment structure which from the way I read the article sounds like it came to light after his death. The signing on fee needed to be split into payments over the length of the contract rather than an upfront payment.

As others have said, if Cardiff are hoping they can wrangle out of the payment for a player who tragically died while on a flight on the understanding he’d signed for Cardiff already because they made an arse of a tiny detail in his contract then I hope they go bust.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2019, 07:47 AM
It will be the most costly OG in football history if Cardiff go down that route. Public opinion will be massively against them I would imagine, brand integrity left in tatters.

CentreLine
25-03-2019, 08:08 AM
Think Cardiff’s arguement is something along the lines of he had agreed the deal, Cardiff agreed the deal, both parties had signed, the deal had been submitted to the relevant FA’s/FIFA and there needed to be a small amendment to his signing on fee payment structure which from the way I read the article sounds like it came to light after his death. The signing on fee needed to be split into payments over the length of the contract rather than an upfront payment.

As others have said, if Cardiff are hoping they can wrangle out of the payment for a player who tragically died while on a flight on the understanding he’d signed for Cardiff already because they made an arse of a tiny detail in his contract then I hope they go bust.

I know nothing about the finer points of football contracts but it seems to men there is an opposite side of that argument. If (again a big if) the player was on his way to sign a contract then he is not yet the club’s player and they are not due, legally or morally, to pay the transfer fee. Surely he is the original club’s player until contracts are signed?

If the situation is as you say then it seems Cardiff are behaving abominably, however, if the player had not yet signed a contract then Cardiff are acting correctly. The Mo Johnston thing comes to mind. All bells and whistles press conference to say he’s signed for Celtic. Then later that same day, turns out all of the formalities were not complete and so he turns up a rangers player.

Let’s not start a social media witch hunt on Cardiff before the facts are known.

Jack
25-03-2019, 08:10 AM
I'd imagine it's Cardiffs insurance company playing silly buggers not the club.

Smartie
25-03-2019, 08:11 AM
I'd imagine it's Cardiffs insurance company playing silly buggers not the club.

That will surely be the case, but Cardiff are not obliged to behave likewise.

Famous Fiver
25-03-2019, 09:05 AM
So if no money has changed hands how does McKay and his entourage get their share?

Karma.

calumhibee1
25-03-2019, 09:08 AM
So if no money has changed hands how does McKay and his entourage get their share?

Karma.

They’ve claimed they’ve no interest in getting their money and won’t be pursuing it.

PatHead
25-03-2019, 09:22 AM
They’ve claimed they’ve no interest in getting their money and won’t be pursuing it.

I thought they said they would not be pursuing it for now. Has something changed?

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Cardiff announced his signing though.

PatHead
25-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Would a verbal contract count?

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Would a verbal contract count?

They confirmed his signature when they announced his signing. Very pleased too by all accounts.

Lendo
25-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Massive PR disaster waiting to happen for Cardiff City. If i was a club director doing business with them in the future i would be demanding any agreed transfer fee upfront.

calumhibee1
25-03-2019, 09:34 AM
I thought they said they would not be pursuing it for now. Has something changed?

Apologies, I thought they just said they wouldn’t be pursuing it and that was it but I will most likely be wrong. No change from the previous interview as far as I know :aok:

HoboHarry
25-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Cardiff announced his signing though.
I'm not even pretending to know what is true and what isn't - merely commenting on what has been posted....

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 10:28 AM
I'm not even pretending to know what is true and what isn't - merely commenting on what has been posted....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/cardiff-city-announce-signing-goal-15703715.amp

HoboHarry
25-03-2019, 11:05 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/cardiff-city-announce-signing-goal-15703715.amp
I'm aware of that headline - I was commenting on the allegation that all may not have been as signed and sealed as was first thought.

Itsnoteasy
25-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Remember when Mo Johnston said he had signed for Celtic.

nellio
25-03-2019, 02:53 PM
I really hope were going to pay this and don't wriggle out on a technicality.

When you consider how much money the club will be getting even in we get relegated 15 mill isn't that much.

Interesting to see what is going to happen and how we justify it if we don't pay it. Could be embarrassing.

Smartie
25-03-2019, 03:00 PM
I really hope were going to pay this and don't wriggle out on a technicality.

When you consider how much money the club will be getting even in we get relegated 15 mill isn't that much.

Interesting to see what is going to happen and how we justify it if we don't pay it. Could be embarrassing.

I can't imagine many Cardiff fans would disagree with you.

This could drive a wedge between Cardiff and their owns fans, as well as the rest of the footballing world.

nellio
25-03-2019, 06:29 PM
I can't imagine many Cardiff fans would disagree with you.

This could drive a wedge between Cardiff and their owns fans, as well as the rest of the footballing world.

Wouldn't be the first time the owner has done that.

I see that FIFA are obtaining evidence from both sides and will make the decision. Will be extremely embarrassing if they force us to pay it.

I just can't see how we can not pay it. He's there at the ground holding our shirt! We surely can't announce the signing and the pictures then say he hasn't signed!!!

Besties Debut
25-03-2019, 07:18 PM
It's also made me reevaluate my views on the whole Kevin Thomson ****show in 2006/7. Judging by what has emerged about what dodginess McKay is capable of, it's fairly obvious that he is well capable of totally manipulating a young footballer like KT. The 'walking along the M8 on broken glass' thing and the Daily Record columns fit a pattern, that as KT has since said he wasn't able to control. KT has since stated that he did not say the ''broken glass'' quote and it was entirely made up by a journalist. Its a pity he didn't come out and deny it at the time but then again the fans of his new club were lapping it up so it looks like he decided to be pragmatic and let it run.

hfc rd
26-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Thing is though, Cardiff announced him as their record signing. He had the medical, posed with the home shirt and I’m sure did an exclusive interview with Cardiff who also publicly announced the signing. Also met the manager Warnock who even invited him to watch his new team mates play against Newcastle on the day he signed. The lad declined as wanted to go back to France to say goodbye to his Nantes teammates. We all know unfortunately what happened after that 😢

From what it looks like they should pay it and it is low as **** if they are trying to squirm their way out of it. Disgraceful on Cardiff's part. All too happy to receive the good wishes from the rest of the footballing world when the lad died, but now they're doing a good impression of Peter the Apostle: "Who? Emiliano Sala? Never heard of him”!

JimBHibees
26-03-2019, 06:27 AM
Thing is though, Cardiff announced him as their record signing. He had the medical, posed with the home shirt and I’m sure did an exclusive interview with Cardiff who also publicly announced the signing. Also met the manager Warnock who even invited him to watch his new team mates play against Newcastle on the day he signed. The lad declined as wanted to go back to France to say goodbye to his Nantes teammates. We all know unfortunately what happened after that 😢

From what it looks like they should pay it and it is low as **** if they are trying to squirm their way out of it. Disgraceful on Cardiff's part. All too happy to receive the good wishes from the rest of the footballing world when the lad died, but now they're doing a good impression of Peter the Apostle: "Who? Emiliano Sala? Never heard of him”!

Agree morally reprehensible. As you say announced him picture with the strip, pictures of him signing with I think the owners son or at least a high ranking Cardiff official yet no he hasnt signed. :rolleyes: Frankly despicable.

BILLYHIBS
26-03-2019, 06:31 AM
Shame on Cardiff City!

One would think they would have Insurance in place to cover such eventualities?

Regardless they should do the decent thing

PatHead
26-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Think it will put other players off signing for them. Sorry Nellio but I hope they get relegated and go into free fall until the owner leaves.

CentreLine
26-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Shame on Cardiff City!

I think we are too quick to jump on the bandwagon when people make assumptions about what happens then start to believe it as fact. How does it go? “Confucius say the mind is like a parachute. It works best when it is open”

It is quite possible that Cardiff have behaved abominably here. But it is equally possible that the player had not yet signed and therefore he is not their responsibility. Could it be that his trip to France was about finalising pre signing detail there? Could it be the Mo Johnson situation? If so Cardiff are not liable for the fee and people would be wrong to be so keen to have a cause celebre.

Speedy
26-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Shame on Cardiff City!

Thing is, he either signed or he didn't. If he hadn't then their insurance is irrelevant, and it's up to the French club to go through their insurance.

BILLYHIBS
26-03-2019, 08:10 AM
I think we are too quick to jump on the bandwagon when people make assumptions about what happens then start to believe it as fact. How does it go? “Confucius say the mind is like a parachute. It works best when it is open”

It is quite possible that Cardiff have behaved abominably here. But it is equally possible that the player had not yet signed and therefore he is not their responsibility. Could it be that his trip to France was about finalising pre signing detail there? Could it be the Mo Johnson situation? If so Cardiff are not liable for the fee and people would be wrong to be so keen to have a cause celebre.

:confused:

Why announce it then?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-digest-aston-villa-15706138

Looks to me from the attached image that he has signed or about to sign a contract with a proud Chairman looking on

You cannot defend the indefensible

calumhibee1
26-03-2019, 08:11 AM

Cardiff announced his signing. The chairman said:

“It's obviously been a long process to secure the services of Emiliano but I'm very pleased that we're now in a position whereby we can confirm his signature.

"I'm sure all Cardiff City fans will join me in that and we can look forward to seeing our record signing in a Bluebirds shirt."

As far as Cardiff were concerned it was a done deal, he was their player. Then he tragically passed away and they’re trying to wash their hands of him through some form of technicality and leave Nantes to pick up the pieces. Cardiff HAVE behaved abominably. You can guarantee if what happened hadn’t happened and Nantes had decided to tell Cardiff he was still their player that Cardiff would be going absolutely mental.

Cardiff deserve everything that I hope is coming to them. For them to cease to exist as a football club would be karma.

CentreLine
26-03-2019, 08:31 AM
:confused:

Why announce it then?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-digest-aston-villa-15706138

Looks to me from the attached image that he has signed or about to sign a contract with a proud Chairman looking on

You cannot defend the indefensible

He may have done so. However, the very fact that there appears to be an issue here suggests perhaps not. The position is not indefensible until it is clear. The bigger point I am trying to make is that in this day of social media people are far too quick to polarise their position and become part of the mob. The term “witch hunt” should have been lost to our society but has made a monumental comeback.

BILLYHIBS
26-03-2019, 08:45 AM
He may have done so. However, the very fact that there appears to be an issue here suggests perhaps not. The position is not indefensible until it is clear. The bigger point I am trying to make is that in this day of social media people are far too quick to polarise their position and become part of the mob. The term “witch hunt” should have been lost to our society but has made a monumental comeback.

No witch hunt real or imagined as far as I am concerned

In contract law it is either black or white no grey areas

It turns out he did sign the contract but it was not compliant with Premier League rules and was returned to Cardiff for them to get the player to sign an amended one and he was therefore not registered

The plot thickens ?

Bostonhibby
26-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Thing is, he either signed or he didn't. If he hadn't then their insurance is irrelevant, and it's up to the French club to go through their insurance.This is exactly it, and of course the insurance would only kick in if the clubs arranged the right cover and decided to claim on it.

If cardiff's position is that he's not their player it's unlikely they'll have any cover.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CentreLine
26-03-2019, 12:25 PM
No witch hunt real or imagined as far as I am concerned

In contract law it is either black or white no grey areas

It turns out he did sign the contract but it was not compliant with Premier League rules and was returned to Cardiff for them to get the player to sign an amended one and he was therefore not registered

The plot thickens ?

👍🏻

MKHIBEE
30-03-2019, 07:06 AM
👍🏻it's just been announced the pilot wasn't qualified to fly at night. That would negate any insurance claim I would imagine.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-03-2019, 08:41 AM
it's just been announced the pilot wasn't qualified to fly at night. That would negate any insurance claim I would imagine.

Apparently, he was colour blind.

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Who hired the pilot?

Willie McKay?

Why could he not get a normal safer flight like the rest of us?

jeffers
30-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Who hired the pilot?

Willie McKay?

Why could he not get a normal safer flight like the rest of us?

Did McKay not say he'd arranged for a pilot he'd used a number of times to fly the plane, but that he (the pilot) then arranged for David Ibbotson to take his place ? I don't know if it's been explained why the intended pilot didn't make the flight.

I think McKay was acting as the big man saying look I'll get you a private plane instead of flying commercial as Cardiff expected him to do.

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Did McKay not say he'd arranged for a pilot he'd used a number of times to fly the plane, but that he (the pilot) then arranged for David Ibbotson to take his place ? I don't know if it's been explained why the intended pilot didn't make the flight.

I think McKay was acting as the big man saying look I'll get you a private plane instead of flying commercial as Cardiff expected him to do.

Just been on BBC News full investigation into the crash early next year :confused:

Famous Fiver
30-03-2019, 02:16 PM
The more we learn the more tragic it becomes.

So many questions.

Is the dead pilot going to carry the can for the whole thing?

It's going to take some unravelling and looks like it'll end in the courts.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Just been on BBC News full investigation into the crash early next year :confused:

they're not hanging about eh :rolleyes:

The more we learn the more tragic it becomes.

So many questions.

Is the dead pilot going to carry the can for the whole thing?

It's going to take some unravelling and looks like it'll end in the courts.

now that wouldn't surprise me

jgl07
30-03-2019, 06:48 PM
So Willie McKay arranged a flight on a single engined plane at night during the winter. The pilot did not have a commercial licence and wasn’t even licensed to fly at night.

Cardiff’s insurers are not going to pay out because of the above irregularities. Hence Cardiff are trying to muddy the waters and claim that he had never signed. That can presumably be disproved by looking at the international clearance documentation.

Conclusions are:

1. Willie McKay is a sleazebag even when compared to football agents.

2. Vincent Tan remains the ultimate Bond villain amongst football club owners.

3. Neil Warnock is still Colin W*nker to me.

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2019, 06:16 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48694561

A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in relation to the death of Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala who died in a plane crash.
The striker, who had signed with Cardiff City, was killed in the crash along with pilot David Ibbotson.
A spokesperson for Dorset Police said a 64-year-old man from North Yorkshire had been arrested and released while investigations continue.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2019, 06:18 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48694561

A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in relation to the death of Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala who died in a plane crash.
The striker, who had signed with Cardiff City, was killed in the crash along with pilot David Ibbotson.
A spokesperson for Dorset Police said a 64-year-old man from North Yorkshire had been arrested and released while investigations continue.

Just saw that
Wonder what part the arrested person played in this?

Malthibby
19-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Don't suppose Wullie McKay has become a 64 year old Yorkshireman?

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Just saw that
Wonder what part the arrested person played in this?

i thought maybe at first it was Mckay but he's 60

helicopter maintenance man maybe ? no idea sorry

The 90+2
19-06-2019, 06:34 PM
**** seems like it’s about to hit the fan.

EI255
19-06-2019, 06:36 PM
If there's a plane crash and a fatality and someone is proven to have caused it, maliciously or not, then that someone usually always has to shoulder it legally.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
19-06-2019, 06:37 PM
i thought maybe at first it was Mckay but he's 60

helicopter maintenance man maybe ? no idea sorryIt was a plane. Not a helicopter!

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2019, 06:39 PM
It was a plane. Not a helicopter!

woops

greenlad
19-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Don't suppose Wullie McKay has become a 64 year old Yorkshireman?

As someone else said Willie McKay has just turned 60 (per Companies House) but does have a Doncaster address (which is South Yorkshire not North)

Billy Whizz
19-06-2019, 06:41 PM
As someone else said Willie McKay has just turned 60 (per Companies House) but does have a Doncaster address.

Doncaster is the democratic republic of South Yorkshire, not North Yorks
Even the airline owners are from the south of the country

GreenLake
19-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Sad that no amount of punishment will change anything for Salah.

Future17
19-06-2019, 07:17 PM
It was a plane. Not a helicopter!

Probably why he did such a bad job.

nellio
19-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Talk on the Cardiff forum is that it could be the fella that owns the company that owned the plane.

Some brown stuff definitely about to hit the fan!

EI255
19-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Talk on the Cardiff forum is that it could be the fella that owns the company that owned the plane.

Some brown stuff definitely about to hit the fan!That would make sense for a prosecution.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2019, 09:37 PM

Some brown stuff definitely about to hit the fan!

Bit of confusion about who owns the plane
Had a look at 2 of the Company’s who possibly wines it, no one aged 64 years on the books

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/real-owners-emiliano-sala-plane-15885568.amp

JimBHibees
20-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Bit of confusion about who owns the plane
Had a look at 2 of the Company’s who possibly wines it, no one aged 64 years on the books

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/real-owners-emiliano-sala-plane-15885568.amp

it is the pilot that has been arrested

staunchhibby
20-06-2019, 06:56 AM
Thought the pilot also died in the tragic accident

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2019, 07:03 AM

I thought the pilot died in the crash?

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2019, 07:07 AM

They never found a body though. Some story that would be!

JimBHibees
20-06-2019, 07:09 AM
The pilot died in the crash.

So he was. :greengrin

Apologies just seen the headline it was the pilot that was meant to have flown the flight.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/courts/police-arrest-pilot-64-on-suspicion-of-manslaughter-over-death-of-cardiff-city-footballer-emiliano-sala-in-crashed-plane-that-he-should-have-been-flying/ar-AAD8T96?ocid=ientp

PatHead
20-06-2019, 07:23 AM
Have Cardiff ever paid for him or are they still trying to wriggle out of it?

Jumbo
20-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Have Cardiff ever paid for him or are they still trying to wriggle out of it?

I believe they’re still trying to wriggle out of paying!

PatHead
20-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Hope they get relegated again next season.

jonty
20-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Is it the original pilot that's been arrested? Who then passed the job off onto the guy who eventually flew it.

green day
20-06-2019, 03:40 PM
I believe they’re still trying to wriggle out of paying!

Had he actually signed the contract, or was he flying in to sign the contract?

I assume that the specifics of when money changes hands and when a player becomes owned by the new club is written down in a legal document?

If it isnt then someone screwed up royally.

PatHead
20-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Had he actually signed the contract, or was he flying in to sign the contract?

I assume that the specifics of when money changes hands and when a player becomes owned by the new club is written down in a legal document?

If it isnt then someone screwed up royally.

He had signed a contract but the FAWanted a change made. The revised contract had not been signed.

PatHead
20-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Is it the original pilot that's been arrested? Who then passed the job off onto the guy who eventually flew it.

Apparently so.

nellio
20-06-2019, 08:51 PM
He had signed a contract but the FAWanted a change made. The revised contract had not been signed.

Contract was signed and player was announced but there was an issue with the contract and he wasn't ever registered.

On the Cardiff side of things it seems that legally money doesn't change hands until the player is registered which is why no fee has been paid.

Morally though I think we should have paid it I think but it's believed down in Wales that Cardiff won't have to pay it because they're not legally obliged to.

nellio
20-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Apparently so.
I

David Henderson.

Something happened. He was in France and went through passport control but ended up not flying the plane and got someone's else (Ibbotson) to fly it.

Has now been released without charge so can't have done anything wrong

JimBHibees
22-06-2019, 07:31 AM
I

David Henderson.

Something happened. He was in France and went through passport control but ended up not flying the plane and got someone's else (Ibbotson) to fly it.

Has now been released without charge so can't have done anything wrong

Not necessarily maybe just means he isn't being charged at this time.

jgl07
24-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Willie McKay implicated:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48749905

The 90+2
24-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Guys a weasel of that there’s no doubt. I hope they get it right over incriminating evidence against him though.

jgl07
25-06-2019, 09:29 PM
It gets better and better:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48764955

CMurdoch
25-06-2019, 09:39 PM
It gets better and better:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48764955

He is a greasy, sleazy, money grabbin' sloth

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2019, 10:19 AM
i see he got a harassment warning last month after being accused of making threats to the cardiff chairman, the chief executive and two others, following a complaint he threatened to "burn" Cardiff city and to "kill everybody" there.

Future17
05-09-2019, 07:29 PM
McKay charged with two counts of fraud under the Insolvency Act:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49595770

CMurdoch
06-09-2019, 01:56 AM

He is a horrible guy.

Hibernia&Alba
06-09-2019, 03:00 AM

He is a horrible guy.

"Nothing personal, just business": The get out of jail free card for the worst of capitalism. Anything that makes profit is acceptable and justifies itself.

Haymaker
06-09-2019, 04:35 AM
He is a horrible guy.

That's being nice.

bod
06-09-2019, 07:09 AM
A wife in Leeds & anther one in Doncaster ?

hibsbollah
06-09-2019, 08:08 AM
"Nothing personal, just business": The get out of jail free card for the worst of capitalism. Anything that makes profit is acceptable and justifies itself.

Don't be ridiculous. Just think of the British jobs that will be sustained by Mr McKays self generosity. There's definitely still bits of jaguars that are made here, I'm sure of it. These kind of transactions are the cogs in the wheel of the happy society in which we live.

Future17
06-09-2019, 12:40 PM

He's been bailed whilst the magistrate considering remitting the case to a higher court. Apparently, McKay's solicitor agrees with this course of action as he would prefer a jury trial...he better hope the jury isn't selected from contributors to this thread.

Kaff
11-09-2019, 02:14 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662132

Monaco resident....

Hopefully there's a tightening up on the whole agent scene.
If McKay loses his shirt over the heads of it then all well and good

we are hibs
11-09-2019, 06:01 PM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12433428.agent-provocateur-willie-mckay-is-to-some-public-enemy-no-1-for-his-representation-of-players-most-recently-scott-brown-and-kevin-thomson-of-hibs-but-he-argues-hes-only-doing-his-job-natasha-woods-interviews-one-of-britains-most-success/

Stumbled across this. Brown and his family couldnt have thought he done that well a job considering he told him to bolt 2 years later.

cabbageandribs1875
30-09-2019, 07:21 PM
ouch, that''ll hurt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49825166

Cardiff City have been told to pay the first instalment of 6m euros (£5.3m) to Nantes for £15m striker Emiliano Sala.

jacomo
30-09-2019, 08:05 PM
ouch, that''ll hurt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49825166

Cardiff City have been told to pay the first instalment of 6m euros (£5.3m) to Nantes for £15m striker Emiliano Sala.

Morally this doesn’t sit right with me.

Cardiff paraded the player as theirs and agreed a fee with Nantes. They should pay the full £15m imo.

But if this brings the sorry episode to a close, maybe it’s for the best.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Morally this doesn’t sit right with me.

Cardiff paraded the player as theirs and agreed a fee with Nantes. They should pay the full £15m imo.

But if this brings the sorry episode to a close, maybe it’s for the best.

Fifa have ruled they pay all it. This is the first instalment.

calumhibee1
30-09-2019, 08:56 PM
**** Cardiff. Hope they go to the wall.

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 08:57 PM
**** Cardiff. Hope they go to the wall.

This.

Here’s Lucy!
30-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Sala u mean 😀[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5705816]The transfer fee has been the elephant in the room since the plane disappeared and it was just a question of time before the grubby issue of moneys due broke free.

Monies, you mean?

Topographic Hibby
01-10-2019, 09:17 AM
Sorry to talk about money and business when two people have died, but....

Back in the day when I worked in Financial Services, if a business (eg Cardiff City) had a valuable and costly asset (eg Emiliano Salah), you would insure that asset/person against loss (eg his death, sorry again for the cold. heartless business terms being used here).

Wonder if Cardiff have tried to save a few quid on insurance premiums or been a bit slow in sorting out a policy. IIRC, was called Keyman Insurance or similar? Think a few clubs and insurance agents might be scurrying around and sorting out policies for players that are hopping off and on private planes etc.

MrRobot
01-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Pure **** behaviour from Cardiff, hope they get relegated.

calumhibee1
02-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Cardiff appealing the decision. ****bags.

Bristolhibby
02-10-2019, 02:49 PM

Back in the day when I worked in Financial Services, if a business (eg Cardiff City) had a valuable and costly asset (eg Emiliano Salah), you would insure that asset/person against loss (eg his death, sorry again for the cold. heartless business terms being used here).

Wonder if Cardiff have tried to save a few quid on insurance premiums or been a bit slow in sorting out a policy. IIRC, was called Keyman Insurance or similar? Think a few clubs and insurance agents might be scurrying around and sorting out policies for players that are hopping off and on private planes etc.

Worked with a City Law firm in the past and they had their global Partners meeting in Las Vegas (I know tough gig). The Partner I was working with told me that all the Partners from the London office were being split by speciality and seniority into 5 separate flights over two days.

The firm could not afford for all the Partners being on one flight and that flight crashing. The loss would have effectively folded the firm.

Amazing but if business continuity that I had not given a single thought to.

J

jgl07
02-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Worked with a City Law firm in the past and they had their global Partners meeting in Las Vegas (I know tough gig). The Partner I was working with told me that all the Partners from the London office were being split by speciality and seniority into 5 separate flights over two days.

The firm could not afford for all the Partners being on one flight and that flight crashing. The loss would have effectively folded the firm.

J
They should have got Willie McKay to book them on a number of flights in two-seater planes with unlicensed pilots?

Hibeesmad
29-01-2020, 01:24 AM
Cardiff now suggesting that Nantes played a part in the death of Sala.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-51289057?__twitter_impression=true

cabbageandribs1875
29-01-2020, 06:00 AM
they are determined not to pay a single frikkin penny, shameless gits

HH81
29-01-2020, 06:28 AM
As if this is still going on. Crazy really. Two guys died ffs.

Cataplana
29-01-2020, 07:27 AM

The policy would probably be void the minute you got into a plane where the pilot didn't have the correct licence.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2020, 07:50 AM
The policy would probably be void the minute you got into a plane where the pilot didn't have the correct licence.

Not sure it would be, life insurance isn’t void if an unlicensed driver kills you.

Cataplana
29-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Not sure it would be, life insurance isn’t void if an unlicensed driver kills you.

Keyman policies tend to have much stricter terms and conditions.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2020, 07:58 AM
Keyman policies tend to have much stricter terms and conditions.

Okay fair enough.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2021, 07:43 PM
Emiliano Sala: Fatal flight organiser David Henderson convicted - BBC News (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59062626)

The organiser of the flight in which footballer Emiliano Sala died has been found guilty of endangering the safety of an aircraft.

Henderson had asked Mr Ibbotson to fly the plane as he was away on holiday with his wife in Paris.

Just moments after finding out the plane had gone down, Henderson texted a number of people telling them to stay silent, warning it would "open a can of worms", the jury was told.

The father-of-three and former RAF officer admitted in court he had feared an investigation into his business dealings.

enjoy jail ****

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2022, 09:06 PM
i think Cardiff are determined not to pay a penny Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City lose appeal in payment dispute with Nantes - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62687480)

Cardiff City have lost their appeal against a ruling by Fifa to pay the first instalment of Emiliano Sala's £15m transfer fee to Nantes.
Argentine striker Sala died in a plane crash (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47166633) over the English channel in January 2019 while travelling from France to join his new club.

A three-man panel at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) heard the appeal in Lausanne earlier this year.
Cardiff must now pay the first instalment of £5.3m to Nantes.

JDT
27-08-2022, 06:42 AM
There's a good podcast about Sala on BBC sounds called Transfer. Worth a listen, it's opened my eyes to a lot of stuff I didn't know. Willie Mackay does not come across well to say the least

JimBHibees
27-08-2022, 07:31 AM
There's a good podcast about Sala on BBC sounds called Transfer. Worth a listen, it's opened my eyes to a lot of stuff I didn't know. Willie Mackay does not come across well to say the least

Did he ever encapsulates everything wrong with modern day football

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2022, 07:47 AM
A few well kent names on this thread no longer with us

A blast from the past

JDT
27-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Did he ever encapsulates everything wrong with modern day football

You're spot on. He's a email Mackay sent Sala about moving to Cardiff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/asam1a/willie_mckay_full_email_to_emiliano_sala_before/

Lendo
27-08-2022, 11:15 AM
You're spot on. He's a email Mackay sent Sala about moving to Cardiff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/asam1a/willie_mckay_full_email_to_emiliano_sala_before/

Can’t believe I’ve never seen that before. Absolutely unbelievable, close the being an email from a Nigerian Prince.

Did Sala speak English? It was a hard read for a native English speaker.

ZitellZeTime
27-08-2022, 11:59 AM
Aye i read about the Cardiff appeal thing on BBC football site yesterda, was shocked that **** is going on. I forgot about it but honestly thought it had been settled by now.

Mckay is a ****ing ****bag like, that reddit post with his communications with Sala comes across as the **** I thought he was.

" .We are not interested in looking after your personal interests, finance, holidays.,Baby-sitting is not our market" . What a ****ing tit, some of the other **** just confirms he's even worse than the ****bag we knew he was with Broony and KT, is his agent group thing with his sons still in football?

Also was mad going through that, think I saw posts from 5 or 6 people all scored out and in maroon "left by mutual consent". I remember my first account on here was faxed back to kaunas for disagreeing with some ITK guy.

I'm sure one of those who left in this post I met at the bus stop at top of Leith Walk heading on to London Road I met with some of those tiny football flags on strings you can hang up and scarves and stuff I found from the 70's I put on ebay a few years ago, same name anyway and mentioned he used this forum when I spoke to him. Was that skint he negotiated me down by a tenner and I couldn't say no !

McD
27-08-2022, 12:08 PM
I get they’re a business, but the way Cardiff have handled this and continue to handle it leaves a lot to be desired

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Willie Mackay is an absolute pube.

Bridge hibs
27-08-2022, 01:56 PM
Still cant believe they never found the pilots body but found Salas body in the wreckage, even if Ibbotsons body was thrown from the wreckage you would think it would have washed up somewhere

HH81
27-08-2022, 01:57 PM
Still cant believe they never found the pilots body but found Salas body in the wreckage, even if Ibbotsons body was thrown from the wreckage you would think it would have washed up somewhere

Yes defo one thing I thought was very odd.

Bridge hibs
27-08-2022, 02:02 PM
Yes defo one thing I thought was very odd.

I really feel for his family, Salahs family got him home to give him a funeral, Ibbotsons family live everyday with the hope they may get something, but thats looking extremely unlikely as time goes by 😞

Callum_62
27-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Yes defo one thing I thought was very odd.Likley it's was eaten to be honest

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
17-12-2022, 02:34 PM
transfer embargo starts for Cardiff as they haven't paid the first instalment of £5.1m+ interest for Sala
Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo ahead of January window but are locked in talks to resolve issue - Wales Online (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-hit-transfer-embargo-25756128#comments-wrapper)

from the beeb "We haven't paid and at the moment have no intention of paying," Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

Lendo
17-12-2022, 02:36 PM
transfer embargo starts for Cardiff as they haven't paid the first instalment of £5.1m+ interest for Sala
Cardiff City hit with transfer embargo ahead of January window but are locked in talks to resolve issue - Wales Online (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-hit-transfer-embargo-25756128#comments-wrapper)

from the beeb "We haven't paid and at the moment have no intention of paying," Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

Embarrassing from Cardiff.

Stubbsy90+2
17-12-2022, 02:44 PM

****bags

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2022, 11:38 PM
Embarrassing from Cardiff.

Even in that league ,the money at stake is peanuts. There has to be a way around this that is both sensible, sensitive and humane. Their position is at best, disingenuous.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2022, 08:51 AM
****bagsYep, absolutely shameless, hopefully a relegation season for them.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2023, 03:33 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333540

HoboHarry
19-01-2023, 03:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333540
What a sordid lot they appear to be. They deserve whatever sanctions they may face.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2023, 03:51 PM
What a sordid lot they appear to be. They deserve whatever sanctions they may face.They seem to be suggesting they never knew they had to tell insurers that they'd signed someone and they'd just be covered?

That'll end well. Wonder what they did with every other player they signed and insured.

MrRobot
19-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Utter **** for the way they have handled this, deserve every bit of **** that comes their way in the future.

hibsbollah
19-01-2023, 04:24 PM
It’s quite heartbreaking to read his family’s testimony, and that football club should be ashamed that they’ve prolonged the family’s pain by hiding so much about what actually went on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60800015