PDA

View Full Version : Where were yous

InchHibby
10-02-2019, 07:33 AM
I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
There I’ve said it. GGTTH

JimBHibees
10-02-2019, 07:36 AM
I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.

Was always going to be a relatively small crowd however as you say missed a decent performance and a good win. People dont have to justify their choices.

makaveli1875
10-02-2019, 07:36 AM
We always get shan crowds in the cup unless we're playing hertz or the uglies

TheCabbage
10-02-2019, 07:42 AM
And I don’t think there were 9k there

greenpaper55
10-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Is it not the start of the school break this week ? there will be quite a few on holiday.

Brightside
10-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Not even close to 9000 there. East and FF were almost empty. But people can do what they want. Some fans rather go to rugby, some not able to afford it, and some can’t be arsed.

Joe6-2
10-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Stated on Sportscene, with the turmoil at the club, team not playing well, 9000 is an excellent crowd!

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Stated on Sportscene, with the turmoil at the club, team not playing well, 9000 is an excellent crowd!

No turmoil at Club according to CEO

Brooster
10-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Great post. Let's get behind the team. Things will turn.

Kavinho
10-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Is it not the start of the school break this week ? there will be quite a few on holiday.

Yep.
Im in the alps.

Was at the elgin game though so still picked up some uber fan points for that one !

skyhibs
10-02-2019, 08:22 AM
I was there but miles over priced and the football on show after the third goal was murder and as you say all of the other excuses... might also be because we are playing terrible at the moment as poor performace obrings poor crowd

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Having had knee surgery I must confess that our three seats in the FF have been unoccupied for both the Aberdeen and yesterday’s game. I feel the reason of having had knee replacement surgery is sufficient but happy to provide a doctors line if needed 🤣.

Crowds are always rubbish for cup games against lower league clubs but I do wonder what effect the availability of live streams is having on crowds? Virtually every game available through some sort of dodgy feed.

SChibs
10-02-2019, 08:24 AM
I wasn't there as I am bidding for a house on Monday and saving as much as I can to put towards it. I've missed the same amount of games in the last month as I had missed in the 3 years previous.

I'm not enjoying missing games but sometimes needs must.

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 08:29 AM
I wasn't there as I am bidding for a house on Monday and saving as much as I can to put towards it. I've missed the same amount of games in the last month as I had missed in the 3 years previous.

I'm not enjoying missing games but sometimes needs must.

Yep I’d have loved to have been there yesterday and I’m climbing the walls in the house thru boredom but I can’t drive at present, can’t sit with bent knee (and the leg room in the FF is horrific) for more than 20min or walk any real distance at present so I’m stuck.

Hoping to make the Hamilton game but 50/50 at best.

Good luck on Monday btw, hope you get it 👍

Waxy
10-02-2019, 08:30 AM
There was only 9800 for the quarter final against ICT in 2016.See how that ended.

SeanWilson
10-02-2019, 08:32 AM
I wasn't there and I chose to watch Liverpool on the TV instead of us. [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mon Dieu4
10-02-2019, 08:32 AM
No excuses from me, I simply couldn't be arsed going :dunno:

J-C
10-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Worked all day yesterday due to rugby, got to earn a living 1st and foremost.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 08:42 AM

Not sure why their fans deserved to win?? We were comfortable throughout....

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2019, 08:43 AM

Exactly. Apart from the wee group of 12 year olds in the lower tier, you didn't hear a peep from them.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Has it ever been any different at home at this stage of the cup if we don't have a 'glamour' tie? 14/15K for a game like yesterday is fantasy stuff.

JimBHibees
10-02-2019, 08:46 AM

Agree there is only so many times they can sing "what a poor :greengrin home support", thought their support was average in the main as no doubt was ours but as you say job done onto the next round.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Exactly. Apart from the wee group of 12 year olds in the lower tier, you didn't hear a peep from them.

My neighbour is a Raith fan and was there yesterday. He hasn't been to Starks Park all season. They had their day trippers out for a big cup tie.

For us it was a game to get through against League 1 opposition. I was there, I understand why others weren't.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 08:48 AM

They seemed to enjoy their visit to a big ground. Probably as many yesterday as they get a home games.....

GIRUY McGlynn

greenlex
10-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Assuming you think the crowd size was exaggerated? Why would we do that? We would have to give money away to Raith as we split the gate.

JimBHibees
They seemed to enjoy their visit to a big ground. Probably as many yesterday as they get a home games.....

GIRUY McGlynn

Is that not Super John McGlynn :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
My neighbour is a Raith fan and was there yesterday. He hasn't been to Starks Park all season. They had their day trippers out for a big cup tie.

For us it was a game to get through against League 1 opposition. I was there, I understand why others weren't.

I know a similar guy, who did same. Edinburgh guy, but RR fan

greenlex
I had a wee chuckle at that when they came out with that.:greengrin

JimBHibees
Assuming you think the crowd size was exaggerated? Why would we do that? We would have to give money away to Raith as we split the gate.

Personally thought 9 was about right most of the main stand was busy and they had a decent support through.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 08:50 AM

Definitely not:greengrin

JimBHibees
10-02-2019, 08:50 AM
I had a wee chuckle at that when they came out with that.:greengrin

You just dont understand :greengrin

GreenCastle
10-02-2019, 09:04 AM
I was there - I felt £18 is still over priced for the product on show.

But I think £7 /£10 to watch Lowland football is all’s a joke.

Women’s football charge £4 / £5 to watch also.

It feels like every time Scotland play rugby Hibs are at home also and always seems to clash. We would have lost some fans to pubs watching or being at 6 nations - not loads but some.

Winning games and players / leadership from a manager that give everything will bring the fans back.

Plus like others have stated cup crowds usually aren’t great unless against top 5 opposition.

Brightside
10-02-2019, 09:05 AM
It will be Hearts away in the next round. :greengrin

Ringothedog
10-02-2019, 09:14 AM

If there wasn’t 9k there then it will cost us money as Raith get half the gate that was announced after costs are deducted

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 09:15 AM
I know a few folk who just couldnt be bothered going yesterday, no excuses needed as they just didn't want to go, I went yesterday as I cant go the next couple of weeks but I probably wouldn't have went yesterday if this wasn't the case, years ago I would be desperate to go to every game but now I would sometimes rather spend time with the family

hibee-boys
10-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Kids didn't fancy it, rugby on....and in all honesty I just couldn't be bothered.

3pm
10-02-2019, 09:17 AM
I wasn’t there yesterday.

At my Ma’s 70th birthday dinner.

I’d recommend the Alabama fudge cake.

Waxy
10-02-2019, 09:18 AM
It’ll be Hibs v Partick. Cant remember playing them in a cup tie. Long overdue.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 09:20 AM
It’ll be Hibs v Partick. Cant remember playing them in a cup tie. Long overdue.

Was at Firhill for thrills 1972 Partick Thistle 0 v 2 Hibernian

Schaedler and Gordon

Halcyon days. :greengrin

Hillsidehibby
10-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Tenerife if you must know

Borderhibbie76
10-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Another uber fan thread...I was there yesterday but can completely understand why folk chose to.give it a miss.

As an aside don't understand why Hibs open the famous 5 stand for these games...total waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smartie
10-02-2019, 09:29 AM
I was on a course with my work otherwise I'd have probably been there.

I'm quite interested to see how our current group of players and especially the new signings develop into a team unit.

The price wasn't all that unreasonable for a game of that size but it wouldn't be Hibs if the price wasn't right at the top end of what is acceptable? When has anyone ever had a bargain from Hibs on anything?

This season as a whole is falling dismally low on expectations and I can understand why many folk just couldn't be arsed.

And for all I thought the actual crowd at the Aberdeen game was very poor as well. I was more concerned about the number of people who had paid but didn't bother going than getting what we got for the Raith game.

I know there's a thread elsewhere but if the new manager wants any sort of budget for next season then he's going to need to inspire us in some way over the rest of this season.

It would be shame if Lennon's legacy ended up being the squandering of the record season ticket sales and feel good factor following the cup final rather than his good first 2 seasons.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Another uber fan thread...I was there yesterday but can completely understand why folk chose to.give it a miss.

As an aside don't understand why Hibs open the famous 5 stand for these games...total waste of time.

Its not an uber-fan thread.

We had 7kc season ticket holders missing. If they don't fancy it, does this mean ST sales will drop next season?

Weegreenman
10-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Poor attendance is more common than the OP would have you believe. This isn’t just a Hibs phenomenon. This happens at most clubs in the cup. Even Celtic & Rangers suffer the same poor attendances.
I was at the game yesterday and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Some decent performances from players I’d almost written off. It’ll be interesting to see if those same players can put in similar performances against better opposition.

Borderhibbie76
10-02-2019, 09:35 AM

We had 7kc season ticket holders missing. If they don't fancy it, does this mean ST sales will drop next season?A lot will.depend on how we fair from.now to.the end of season...Hibs have been brutal to watch of late and people.have lost the desire...not myself personally as I always go regardless but I can understand why people gave yesterday a miss...absolutely

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 09:36 AM
This!

https://youtu.be/Bop4rr6sUQo

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 09:39 AM
I don't think anyone can deny that the home attendance was crap yesterday but I fear that it's an indication of what's to come with next season's season ticket numbers.

If the attendance was accurate then there was around 7,000 Hibs fans at the game yesterday. You have to assume that the majority of them were season ticket holders which means around 6,000 season ticket holders weren't there.

I just hope that they do not get into a habit of not turning up and decide to stay away next season but with the way things are going it is possible unless we see a massive lift over the last few months of the season.

matty_f
10-02-2019, 09:41 AM
I was there but miles over priced and the football on show after the third goal was murder and as you say all of the other excuses... might also be because we are playing terrible at the moment as poor performace obrings poor crowd

I know this is completely down to individual opinion but there's no way the game was overpriced yesterday, and definitely not miles over priced.

Considering it was the Scottish Cup, with a Saturday 3pm kick off and (imho) priced about right, then it's fair to say the crowd was disappointing.

People don't have to justify why they didn't go, I have no problems at all with anyone who didn't go whatever the reason, but even with that in mind it's still ok to think we should/could have had much more inside Easter Road.

BoomtownHibees
10-02-2019, 09:42 AM
I agree with the main point about those staying away but I’m a bit confused as to why Raith deserved to win because they brought 1500 or so to the game

chrisski33
10-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Where on earth did raith deserve a win?? Just cos 1500 turned up lol

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 09:48 AM
I was at home, snotting into my hankies and bemoaning my lost voice and sair heid.

Springbank
well done to those who went along.

best thing hibs can do is, if we get hearts away in next round, or a tasty semifinal tie and for the final itself, take previous cup run attandance into account.

if you couldnt be a×sed going along yesterday then i dont want to hear if you cant get a ticket for the quarters or the final

Frazerbob
Crowds used to be higher for Scottish Cup games in the not too distant past. I remember games against the lines of Dunfermline, Partick etc with 14-15k when we were lucky to get 10k for a similar league game. TBF those clubs also brought far bigger supports back then. The biggest change since then is the cup no longer being icmuded with your ST.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Oh and the plural of 'you' is still 'you'... not 'yous'.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 09:56 AM

We had 7kc season ticket holders missing. If they don't fancy it, does this mean ST sales will drop next season?

Yes. Record season ticket numbers was never going to last forever, parrticularly on the back of an abysmal season.

I had something on yesterday but didn’t fancy the game anyway.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Based on the crazy logic in this thread HIBS should have won the 2004 Scottish League Cup final versus Livvy 6-0 as must have been over 40000 hibbies there

Another final removed from the memory banks. :greengrin

jingler1954
10-02-2019, 09:58 AM
I went down an hour before kick off to get a ticket for the Flipper where my season ticket is. I was told there were no more tickets left so asked where could I get a ticket East or West. Ok I'll take a West upper. Sorry only lower available. Ok I'll have a lower. Sat behind the dugout two things I noticed being close to the pitch it didn't look in great shape but best of all I didn't have anyone behind me screaming how s@@@e the players on the park are. So I really enjoyed my change of seat. I also noted most players made a bad pass or a wrong pass or no pass but that does not mean they are bad players. Why judge the team one one game or one incident. I always go back to the Celec game where everything clicked. It will happen again. That's all. GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Yes. Record season ticket numbers was never going to last forever, parrticularly on the back of an abysmal season.

I had something on yesterday but didn’t fancy the game anyway.

So people only buy ST when it's good?

Weegreenman
10-02-2019, 10:01 AM
The club could issue first dibs on future cup semi’s and finals to the fans who turn up to earlier cup games. Just a thought??

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 10:03 AM

No, it’s just a coincidence that our record season ticket numbers coincided with a Scottish Cup win, promotion and 4th and not under say the Fenlon era.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Blew the price of a season ticket going to the Elgin and Motherwell games so couldnt stretch to this one sadly.

Still behind the club though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aim Here
10-02-2019, 10:04 AM

Yes. Season ticket sales go up after a good season and down after a bad one.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 10:07 AM
No, it’s just a coincidence that our record season ticket numbers coincided with a Scottish Cup win, promotion and 4th and not under say the Fenlon era.

Must be a concern for the Board, when working on budgets etc. A good Cup run will help hopefully. And a good end to the season in League.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 10:08 AM
well done to those who went along.

best thing hibs can do is, if we get hearts away in next round, or a tasty semifinal tie and for the final itself, take previous cup run attandance into account.

if you couldnt be a×sed going along yesterday then i dont want to hear if you cant get a ticket for the quarters or the final

I see your point if it's Hearts away in the next round but for the semi and final we'll hopefully get at least 25,000 tickets so even if the 7,000 who turned up yesterday all get guaranteed a ticket then there's still almost 20,000 on offer to everyone else.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 10:28 AM
I see your point if it's Hearts away in the next round but for the semi and final we'll hopefully get at least 25,000 tickets so even if the 7,000 who turned up yesterday all get guaranteed a ticket then there's still almost 20,000 on offer to everyone else.

ST holders will be gauranteed ticket no matter what in that scenario

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 10:35 AM
ST holders will be gauranteed ticket no matter what in that scenario

I know but I was assuming the poster I quoted was wanting just those who have attended the Elgin and Raith Rovers games to be guaranteed a ticket and was thinking that this may mean that those who didn't attend may struggle to get a ticket and I was just pointing out that wouldn't be the case.

kaimendhibs
10-02-2019, 10:40 AM
I was stuck at work, but I had added the game to my season card.
Sadder still, no one wanted to use it[emoji1785][emoji1785]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 10:41 AM
I know but I was assuming the poster I quoted was wanting just those who have attended the Elgin and Raith Rovers games to be guaranteed a ticket and was thinking that this may mean that those who didn't attend may struggle to get a ticket and I was just pointing out that wouldn't be the case.

Sorry mate, mis-read you:aok:

BegbieHSC
10-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Don’t worry mate!

Im sure everyone will want a ticket for the inevitable next round fixture, Hearts away.

green day
10-02-2019, 10:57 AM

Indeed, this 100%.

So, if we are to go full "conspiracy", Hibs exaggerated the crowd requiring us to (a) give Raith more money and (b) pay tax on the income, simply in order to piss off a few on Hibs.net :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There may have been a few that bought a ticket and didnt turn up, but the announced crowd will have been the tickets bought.

Surprisingly busy in my section of West upper - despite me trying to scare everyone off with my hacking cough (should have been in bed, do I get more uber points?)

The Harp
10-02-2019, 10:57 AM
No offence to the thread starter but these 'where were you?' type threads are becoming tiresome. It's not only Hibs who are affected by low attendances in cup ties since cup games aren't included in a season ticket.
I had the game added to my season card and went along. Must admit, I had to force myself out the door though due to a combination of getting auld and feeling cauld. I missed the extra bodies around about me in the FF upper, it made it seem even caulder. :(

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 11:01 AM
I'd normally try to get to Cup games and I considered coming up for the day, but with Scotland being at home again, train fares were through the roof.

I spent over £110 last week to see the Aberdeen game. I couldn't justify even more for Raith Rovers.

It's a long, long day when I do go so sometimes it's hard to find the motivation even for bigger games.

hibbyfraelibby
10-02-2019, 11:02 AM
We should shut the upper tiers for games in the cup like yesterdays. At least the atmosphere would feel better with the lower tiers crammed.

Forthview
10-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Are you in primary 5 or 6 I am uncertain, just asking.

Crunchie
10-02-2019, 11:07 AM
No offence to the thread starter but these 'where were you?' type threads are becoming tiresome. It's not only Hibs who are affected by low attendances in cup ties since cup games aren't included in a season ticket.
I had the game added to my season card and went along. Must admit, I had to force myself out the door though due to a combination of getting auld and feeling cauld. I missed the extra bodies around about me in the FF upper, it made it seem even caulder. :(

Said the same to my mate yesterday, unless it's a big name the cup games seem to be attracting poor crowds everywhere, it's not just us. I'd imagine money and most games being available to watch on a stream in the boozer the likely reason.

Seekyit
10-02-2019, 11:24 AM
I was looking forward to the game, thought I might see a decent cup tie for all the wrong reasons; us not playing well and a big match for Raith. In the end it was pretty straightforward and I was freezing the whole time.

I guess it just wasn't an attractive enough tie for some.

Antifa Hibs
10-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Some amount of pish on these threads. I've been to Old Trafford for a champions league cup tie and I've been to the Emirates for a Europa League game, both teams probably have more people on a season ticket waiting list than we do actual season ticket holders and had gaps galore, for United I practically had a block myself in the Stretty Upper, yet people are expecting 15/16000 to turn up for Raith v Hibs at Easter Road LOL.

If you're single with a decent income its probably completely alien to you why people chose to not go. Football is expensive. People will compare £20 yesterday to English prices and think its cheap but its an expensive hobby, especially when you have kids that want to go. Lads I go with never missed a game, home and away we went every week for about 20 years regardless of time, place, ticket price, league position etc etc. We now generally goto 90% of the games a season (home/away/cups/friendlies). Games like these are a good chance to score brownie points with the kids and missus, or save a few quid. 2 out of 6 went yesterday. There was one who decided to take his daughter and pals to megabowl and mcdonalds seeing as the other 40 odd weekends of the year he's watching Hibs. One mad ******* thought it was a good idea to bag a munro (yep even in 50 mph winds) and the other thought **** it at last minute and put the £25-30 he saved towards his MOT, one thought £40 for 3 of them at the football or £24 for 4 of them at Vue Ocean Terminal was a no brainer. Part-timers but. Petrie!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie and probably will have the same again missing today. Hearts will also have 5000 missing today as will the Dons. Happen's to everyone - get over it.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Some amount of pish on these threads. I've been to Old Trafford for a champions league cup tie and I've been to the Emirates for a Europa League game, both teams probably have more people on a season ticket waiting list than we do actual season ticket holders and had gaps galore, for United I practically had a block myself in the Stretty Upper, yet people are expecting 15/16000 to turn up for Raith v Hibs at Easter Road LOL.

If you're single with a decent income its probably completely alien to you why people chose to not go. Football is expensive. People will compare £20 yesterday to English prices and think its cheap but its an expensive hobby, especially when you have kids that want to go. Lads I go with never missed a game, home and away we went every week for about 20 years regardless of time, place, ticket price, league position etc etc. We now generally goto 90% of the games a season (home/away/cups/friendlies). Games like these are a good chance to score brownie points with the kids and missus, or save a few quid. 2 out of 6 went yesterday. There was one who decided to take his daughter and pals to megabowl and mcdonalds seeing as the other 40 odd weekends of the year he's watching Hibs. One mad ******* thought it was a good idea to bag a munro (yep even in 50 mph winds) and the other thought **** it at last minute and put the £25-30 he saved towards his MOT, one thought £40 for 3 of them at the football or £24 for 4 of them at Vue Ocean Terminal was a no brainer. Part-timers but. Petrie!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie and probably will have the same again missing today. Hearts will also have 5000 missing today as will the Dons. Happen's to everyone - get over it.

If they are only missing 27 season ticket holders that's pretty impressive😁

jgl07
10-02-2019, 11:43 AM

27 Celtic season ticket holders missing. I never realised the rest were so loyal!

Captain Trips
10-02-2019, 11:45 AM

In the house.

Franck Stanton
10-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Not that I, or anyone for that matter has to justify why they don't go to the gme, but I will anyway. I am currently on holiday in Spain, have been since new year's day and, much as I would have liked to have been at the same thought the travelling was just a wee bit too much. That okay with you? People have the right to vote with their feet when the football on show is well below standard.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 11:58 AM
PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie.

It should be easy to name and shame them. :agree:

BoomtownHibees
10-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Just to put a bit of perspective on it, there was under 11,500 at Rugby Park last night with around 8,500 Huns meaning less than 3000 Killie fans went

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Just to put a bit of perspective on it, there was under 11,500 at Rugby Park last night with around 8,500 Huns meaning less than 3000 Killie fans went

That's not much different to their normal attendance though.

Kilmarnock's attendances are dreadful.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Hmmm that might just be a factor but let’s steam in anyway.
I thought measuring your club by attendance was something the jambos fixated on are we morphing?

Not historically the worst. It school holidays, weather, form who knows what happens in <50 days time? Probably played a part.

Not really too sure what the OP is looking for to name and shame folks that for whatever reason couldn’t make it?

staunchhibby
10-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Would imagine if we get a decent draw in next round the missing ones will return in the hunt for glory.Or will they stay away

Eyrie
10-02-2019, 01:32 PM

Couldn't quite make out their lyrics, but I assume it was along the lines of

We've got McGlynn
Super John McGlynn
We just don't think you understand
He's the world's worst dressed man
He's nothing like Zidane
We've got Super John McGlynn.

G B Young
10-02-2019, 02:07 PM
There were 10,501 there in 2014 when Raith put us out the cup at ER. However, we were still perceived to be on the 'up' under Butcher at that stage so no real surprise the crowd was a bit bigger than yesterday. However, it wasn't MUCH bigger and I don't really understand why folk were expecting anything more than 10k yesterday. Bar a couple of decent wins, our season has been on the slide since September and the last few weeks have seen the club swamped in negativity.

Crowds have, by and large, been superb for the last few years but it's not so long ago when 9k would have been a pretty commonplace crowd at ER. I'm old enough to remember crowds of less than 5k becoming the norm for games games against the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren in the early 80s so compared to those days we remain well supported. A couple of wins under the new boss and we'll see numbers rise again.

houstonhibbee
10-02-2019, 02:22 PM
There were 10,501 there in 2014 when Raith put us out the cup at ER. However, we were still perceived to be on the 'up' under Butcher at that stage so no real surprise the crowd was a bit bigger than yesterday. However, it wasn't MUCH bigger and I don't really understand why folk were expecting anything more than 10k yesterday. Bar a couple of decent wins, our season has been on the slide since September and the last few weeks have seen the club swamped in negativity.

Crowds have, by and large, been superb for the last few years but it's not so long ago when 9k would have been a pretty commonplace crowd at ER. I'm old enough to remember crowds of less than 5k becoming the norm for games games against the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren in the early 80s so compared to those days we remain well supported. A couple of wins under the new boss and we'll see numbers rise again.
What was the official attendance given as?

Smartie
10-02-2019, 02:23 PM
This should really have been a thread about a drink-soaked half-time rant by LD.

Nameless
10-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Would imagine if we get a decent draw in next round the missing ones will return in the hunt for glory.Or will they stay awayNah, I'll not show face until the Semi.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
10-02-2019, 02:30 PM
If there was almost 2000 Raith fans then we had 7000 and that is poor.

Phil MaGlass
10-02-2019, 02:40 PM
We should shut the upper tiers for games in the cup like yesterdays. At least the atmosphere would feel better with the lower tiers crammed.

we should hand out 4000 free tickets to Edinburgh schools and have something in place that will give people and kids free travel on LRT buses if they show their match tickets for these games.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 02:44 PM
we should hand out 4000 free tickets to Edinburgh schools and have something in place that will give people and kids free travel on LRT buses if they show their match tickets for these games.

It's a nice idea, but real sales of kids' tickets would be nonexistent.

Phil MaGlass
10-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Ah mean for the games like yesterday, alot of kids would (maybe) come along with a parent also for a reduced price, just fill the stadium, create a bit of atmosphere. Theres 10,000 empty seats.

oops, see whit yi mean,

Famous Fiver
10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Probably difficult to organise, but a voucher system proving attendance at the early round ties should provide first dibs on semi/ final tickets.

Season tickets are for league matches.

Cup should be treated differently as a separate entity.

green day
10-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Will be interesting to see the sheep crowd today as a comparison. On TV, yes but against better opposition.

Billy Whizz
10-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Will be interesting to see the sheep crowd today as a comparison. On TV, yes but against better opposition.

Over 14,000 at Tynie today. Any idea what the pricing was

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Looks quite empty, TBH.

green day
10-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Over 14,000 at Tynie today. Any idea what the pricing was

£15 / £5

Talbot got 2500 tickets

Billy Whizz
10-02-2019, 04:46 PM
£15 / £5

Talbot got 2500 tickets

Great pricing for kids, still a good support from Hearts though

green day
10-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Great pricing for kids, still a good support from Hearts though

Absolutely - although let's remember 😁 that pricing is agreed between teams.

Not a lot between the cash take between Hibs and hearts, tbh - esp if a lot of theirs are bairns.

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2019, 05:07 PM
7,857 at pittodrie today

Lago
10-02-2019, 05:11 PM
At home

Smartie
10-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Absolutely - although let's remember 😁 that pricing is agreed between teams.

Not a lot between the cash take between Hibs and hearts, tbh - esp if a lot of theirs are bairns.

Hearts will get a certain "feel good" factor from their fans for them having set a fairly generous price for kids' tickets.

We only ever seem to add more ammunition for the "we're getting ripped off" brigade to use.

If the cash take was going to be roughly the same, I'd rather have more fans in the ground and a more appreciative customer base.

Lago
10-02-2019, 05:12 PM
7,857 at pittodrie today
Scottish cup becoming as devalued as the FA cup down south.

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2019, 05:15 PM

i meant to add the aberdeen game being live will have knocked off a lot more away fans attending i would imagine, heck of a trip and nearly 4 hour drive

Mantis Toboggan

The FA cup isn't devalued because of anything to do with crowds. It's devalued because staying in the Premier League or getting top 4 are considered more important due to TV money and CL qualification

green day
Hearts will get a certain "feel good" factor from their fans for them having set a fairly generous price for kids' tickets.

We only ever seem to add more ammunition for the "we're getting ripped off" brigade to use.

If the cash take was going to be roughly the same, I'd rather have more fans in the ground and a more appreciative customer base.

I don't disagree.......but did you read my first sentence?

CraigHibee
10-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I was working so there's my excuse

Smartie
10-02-2019, 05:41 PM
I don't disagree.......but did you read my first sentence?

I did.

It seems though that Hibs have a habit of consistently agreeing high prices for our games with other clubs.

Other teams will undoubtedly have a say in proceedings but so too do Hibs.

I'm not convinced Hibs have any interest in dropping prices beyond a certain level, and I do think that there is a culture at the club that takes our support for granted.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Hearts' lower prices might be a factor in their higher attendance but I think the current situation at Hibs probably played a bigger part in the difference between the two.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-02-2019, 06:12 PM
7,857 at pittodrie today

Genuinely dire.

Lago
10-02-2019, 06:12 PM
i meant to add the aberdeen game being live will have knocked off a lot more away fans attending i would imagine, heck of a trip and nearly 4 hour drive
Yes that's a fair point.

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 06:13 PM
An opportunity missed.
Unfortunately there is a deep negative vibe ingrained in the psyche of some supporters to the extent that they are blind to it.
A similar message could have been presented by praising those who went along to the game in the face of an unspectacular opposition, the forecast of high winds, off the back of a very expensive period for supporters and their families.
An emphasis on Good passages of play displaying the potential for better things to come, good individual performances and of course and decent scoreline in our favour.
So well done to those that went whether you(s) be ST holders, casual walk ups or first timers, hope you saw enough to make you eagerly await the next chapter in an action packed season so far.
Those that weren't able to attend? No one else's business, see you back at some point hopefully.

What a refreshing post:top marks

Lago
10-02-2019, 06:14 PM
The FA cup isn't devalued because of anything to do with crowds. It's devalued because staying in the Premier League or getting top 4 are considered more important due to TV money and CL qualification
Yes that's true, but a consequence of that is a lack of interest in the cup & crowds being low.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 06:27 PM
I was in the East Stand as per usual, but the pricing was off putting to some, which is understandable.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 06:38 PM
By the way, bring back the cup top up, Hibs :aok:

Fuzzywuzzy
10-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Always good to read a 'justify your life' thread:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:02 PM
***** crowd. They'll all want tickets for the final should we get there of course.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 07:04 PM
***** crowd. They'll all want tickets for the final should we get there of course.

Ah, we return to the loyalty points debate. A good way to motivate folk :wink:

Bostonhibby
10-02-2019, 07:10 PM
***** crowd. They'll all want tickets for the final should we get there of course.If we get there it should be strictly the 7000 odd from yesterday who get to go.

That'll teach em[emoji849]

Lancs Harp
10-02-2019, 07:10 PM
I was in Bannatynes gym in Blackpool, staring at sky sports between reps. Think I actually put the the rather muscular Polish lad on the machine next door out of his stride when I responded rather jubilantly to Hibs second goal.

Would love have been there. March 16 and Motherwell my next game, so count yourselves lucky its on your door step. :wink::greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Ah, we return to the loyalty points debate. A good way to motivate folk :wink:

Loyalty points is an absolute no brainer, the fact that Leanne wont even justifiy her decision is ridiculous.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 07:14 PM

The evil bas*****.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:16 PM
The evil bas*****.Na, I don't really care because I'm guarenteed one anyway. Its a big away game, like Tynecastle in the next round, that I might miss out on to some fairweather fud who only goes when we're winning.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 07:17 PM
If we get there it should be strictly the 7000 odd from yesterday who get to go.

That'll teach em[emoji849]

Correct.

Give the other 18000 of our allocation to our opponents.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Na, I don't really care because I'm guarenteed one anyway. Its a big away game, like Tynecastle in the next round, that I might miss out on to some fairweather fud who only goes when we're winning.

It sounds like you do care.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Na, I don't really care because I'm guarenteed one anyway. Its a big away game, like Tynecastle in the next round, that I might miss out on to some fairweather fud who only goes when we're winning.

What a constructive point eloquently made.

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 07:22 PM

That's a terrible post. If I was in charge of the ticket office I would ban you from the next big game just out of principle.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:24 PM
That's a terrible post. If I was in charge of the ticket office I would ban you from the next big game just out of principle.

:faf: okay. But you're not so I'll be there.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 07:25 PM

You're already barred!

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 07:27 PM
You're already barred!

I'd had a lot to drink and I had a dodgy tummy that day. Don't judge me.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2019, 07:29 PM
:faf: okay. But you're not so I'll be there.

Well you might not be if you don’t get a ticket.

H18 SFR
10-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Amsterdam for me, in a pub recommended by someone on here, game streamed to a TV for us whilst eating unlimited ribs singing "ribs, ribs" each time a rack arrived or Hibs scored.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Well you might not be if you don’t get a ticket.Already have one, next big game is Saturday

B.H.F.C
10-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Already have one, next big game is Saturday

Enjoy the scramble with all those other ‘fuds’ next time it comes round.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Enjoy the scramble with all those other ‘fuds’ next time it comes round.

He makes a valid point about the ticket situation for high demand games, but we've had that discussion many times...

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Enjoy the scramble with all those other ‘fuds’ next time it comes round.I will thanks :)

B.H.F.C
10-02-2019, 07:46 PM
He makes a valid point about the ticket situation for high demand games, but we've had that discussion many times...

I’d agree with the point around loyalty points. I disagree that people are ‘fuds’ because they choose not to go to certain games.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I’d agree with the point around loyalty points. I disagree that people are ‘fuds’ because they choose not to go to certain games.I think if you're a Hibs fan and you only turn up when the team is winning and abandon them when we're struggling then you're a bit of a fud.

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I’d agree with the point around loyalty points. I disagree that people are ‘fuds’ because they choose not to go to certain games.

Why should miserable, torn faced, greeting bedwetters who attend every game rain or shine but add nothing to the atmosphere, get priority over perhaps busy, perhaps skint fans who walk up when they can but contribute a better atmosphere and probably appreciate the experience more than the 'rain or shine' boys?

Duck the loyalty points system. Make everyone do some sort of audition for the ticket instead.

J-C
10-02-2019, 07:56 PM
If there was almost 2000 Raith fans then we had 7000 and that is poor.

You realise there was a 68K international rugby game on at the same time, the fact it was at opposite ends of the city meant the police were happy to let both go ahead, Hearts had their game today so had no competition fan wise. Not everyone will go to the rugby but there are many Hibs fans like myself who were working due to the rugby being on at the same time.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 08:09 PM
I think if you're a Hibs fan and you only turn up when the team is winning and abandon them when we're struggling then you're a bit of a fud.

You think people are “fuds” for choosing to spend their time and money differently to you? Some people go home and away every week rain or shine, some only go to cup finals. With most somewhere in between, I can’t say I judge people based on their attendance, or not, of a football game but each to their own.

stoneyburn hibs
10-02-2019, 08:15 PM
You think people are “fuds” for choosing to spend their time and money differently to you? Some people go home and away every week rain or shine, some only go to cup finals. With most somewhere in between, I can’t say I judge people based on their attendance, or not, of a football game but each to their own.

Imagine having a life outside of Hibs, you should have a word with yourself.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Those things are different from abondoning your team when the going gets a little tough.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 08:25 PM
I think if you're a Hibs fan and you only turn up when the team is winning and abandon them when we're struggling then you're a bit of a fud.

If you put a hobby before civility ...

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 08:27 PM

If it’s Hearts away the only folk getting tickets will be season ticket holders. By your statement ST holders are “fair weather fans”?

These the people who stump up hundreds of pounds each season to support the club?

Really? Have a word.

Mr_F
10-02-2019, 08:28 PM
I was in Lanzarote, watched the Hibs tv feed on a YouTube live stream..

Was decent sitting in 23 degrees, beer in hand..

Cheers

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Those things are different from abondoning your team when the going gets a little tough.

Can you give us a list of differentials then and where they rank on the fud scale in terms folk choosing to spend there time and money watching Hibs or not?

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 08:30 PM
If you put a hobby before civility ...

I had to.

My other half is a Rovers fan. So, despite my instinct to be a fud, I had to show face yesterday and sling abuse at the South stand.

As I'm still thawing out, I think I prefer fudness.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Can you give us a list of differentials then and where they rank on the fud scale in terms folk choosing to spend there time and money watching Hibs or not?

:faf:

Why are people taking this so seriously. You can spent money however you want. You can do whatever you want. I can think whatever I want.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:33 PM
If it’s Hearts away the only folk getting tickets will be season ticket holders. By your statement ST holders are “fair weather fans”?

These the people who stump up hundreds of pounds each season to support the club?

Really? Have a word.
Where we they all yesterday?

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Why are people taking this so seriously. You can spent money however you want. You can do whatever you want. I can think whatever I want.

So it goes back to the fact you judge people based on how they spend their time and money. Fair enough.

hibby6270
10-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Well. For the record. Here’s my “excuse”.

I’m in Vancouver at the moment. Just missed my “mercy flight” back to take in the game.
Shame on me.

Have also just realised I’ll be in Portugal for the QFs. Aarrgghh no!! I can feel the peasants revolting against me already!!

I did make the Elgin game though, so that must count for something or am I now at the stage where I should seriously consider handing back my ST as punishment for non attendance of SC games.

Answers on a postcard please.:greengrin:greengrin

CLASS OF 72 -73
10-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Highlighted this in the last round and got the usual digs. I live in England and can't get to many games. Hibs are in my mind the peoples team and have a certain passion that Hearts in particular don't have but if we are so passionate we should not blank the cup games or be low key in the less attractive games at home in the league. We are always up for the derby but few else at home. Note the away fans make noise.
**** home cup crowd again.:confused:

Fuzzywuzzy
10-02-2019, 08:39 PM
I was in Lanzarote, watched the Hibs tv feed on a YouTube live stream..

Was decent sitting in 23 degrees, beer in hand..

Cheers

You dancer!! I'm there in a couple of weeks. Fortunately we're not at home so I don't have to report my non attendance

Stuart93
10-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Levein poking fun at our attendance in his post match presser

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:46 PM
So it goes back to the fact you judge people based on how they spend their time and money. Fair enough.

No, I judge them for abondoning their team.

If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them? oh no, can't do that, thats unspeakable.

I don't actually care about how people spend their money or time. They are just ''supporting'' the wrong side if they decide to stop when we lose.

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 08:47 PM
No, I judge them for abondoning their team.

If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them?

I don't actually care about how people spend their money or time. They are just ''supporting'' the wrong side if they decide to stop when we lose.

What side should they be supporting?

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 08:47 PM
If we get to the final, does anyone fancy buying up as many tickets as we can between us then selling them for profit on StubHub?

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:48 PM
What side should they be supporting?Celtic, a team that they can always go and see because they'll always win.

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Where we they all yesterday?

Irrelevant, whilst of course the attendance is disappointing there are many in sure who would have gone but couldn’t (myself included), those who decided to do something different with family or whatever and those who simply couldn’t be arsed and fancied a “day off” the point is you are accusing circa 7,000 season ticket holders many who have been so for a very long time of being fair weather fans which I’m sorry to say is just wrong (in my opinion).

Many things came together yesterday to affect the crowd, the fact it is an extra chargeable game, the egg chasing (which also makes the traffic worse) and the weather forecast.

I remember the days when a “perk” of holdin a ST was that it included cup game but the club decided they couldn’t take the hit of having to pay out the share of the gate receipts to the other club based on the attendance on the day including the ST holders who had got in “free”, this decision is what in reality has lead to the sharp decline in home cup game attendances but that suits the club as it saves them money to have the seats empty.

Can’t have it all ways.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2019, 08:49 PM
So did the oP just take the pin out lob the grenade and get the popcorn out :) ?

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Celtic, a team that they can always go and see because they'll always win.

You ever thought about a career in marketing? 😁

hibsbollah
10-02-2019, 08:53 PM
If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them? oh no, can't do that, thats unspeakable.

:faf: I think you've lost the plot a tad.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 08:57 PM
You ever thought about a career in marketing? 😁

Maybe we could bring out a season ticket for fuds where we only have to pay for games when we’re winning and can get a rebate when we’re getting beat 😀

I’d certainly buy it.

Pagan Hibernia
10-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Highlighted this in the last round and got the usual digs. I live in England and can't get to many games. Hibs are in my mind the peoples team and have a certain passion that Hearts in particular don't have but if we are so passionate we should not blank the cup games or be low key in the less attractive games at home in the league. We are always up for the derby but few else at home. Note the away fans make noise.
**** home cup crowd again.:confused:

I also see Hibs as the peoples team of Edinburgh.

Maybe the people simply don’t have the same amount of spare disposable income that the rugby following cardigan wearers across town do.

HibbySpurs
10-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Maybe we could bring out a season ticket for fuds where we only have to pay for games when we’re winning and can get a rebate when we’re getting beat 😀

I’d certainly buy it.

🤣🤣🤣...

I’m in.

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 09:02 PM

I’d certainly buy it.

Trying to remember the name of the film about the patients in a psychiatric ward who started doing ads. Michael Keaton was in it. They'd have loved this account.

"Are you only going to attend games if we win? Well, **** off to Parkheid. We don't want your ****ing money. You're a fud."

MWHIBBIES
:faf: I think you've lost the plot a tad.No, not really. I don't actually give a monkies about how people spend their time, said nothing about that. Hibs have a massive, massive section of fairweather fans.

Onceinawhile
I was out all day for the mother in laws 60th.

Had to take my sons to that too.

Is that acceptable?

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 09:04 PM
No, not really. I don't actually give a monkies about how people spend their time, said nothing about that. Hibs have a massive, massive section of fairweather fans.

Your second sentence contradicts your first.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 09:05 PM
I was out all day for the mother in laws 60th.

Had to take my sons to that too.

Is that acceptable?

Naw: the mother-in-law is mair important than Hibs? Les Dawson will be turning in his grave.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Trying to remember the name of the film about the patients in a psychiatric ward who started doing ads. Michael Keaton was in it. They'd have loved this account.

"Are you only going to attend games if we win? Well, **** off to Parkheid. We don't want your ****ing money. You're a fud."

It’s not the film you’re talking about but I certainly picture a few characters from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest whilst reading this thread 😂

IberianHibernian
10-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Not for the first or last time we`ve got a thread ( actually two ) with some fans understandably frustrated by low turnout arguing with others who for very good reasons didn`t go to match or went but understand numerous reasons why others didn`t . These arguments will always exist but I just hope club take note of some of the reasons why many fans don`t go for example :
1. Pricing . Am aware that both clubs have a say but 18/20 quid is still a lot for a game against a third tier club . One of the things I`ve always liked about SC ties has been the big travelling supports ( whether ours like at Killie in 2013 or Kirkcaldy in 2016 or away fans at ER like Raith yesterday ) and I`m sure the club could do more to boost crowds and improve atmosphere and create some goodwill . I`m no millionaire but would happily give Hibs ( or some scheme like Kicks For Kids but for individual matches ) 50 quid a season to pay for tickets for kids or others who couldn`t afford to go to matches like yesterday . Maybe some incentive for people who go to cup matches for final if we reach it too . I know Hibs fans who don`t have season tickets but go to all cup matches home or away ( older fans who remember days of huge cup crowds against Motherwell , Dundee etc ) plus some league matches .
2. Ticketing problems . Read quite a number of complaints here about problems buying tickets some suggesting problems even stopped people going .
3. Rugby - some folk don`t like idea or don`t understand fact that rugby matches reduce crowds but fact is they do . Some fans buy rugby tickets or make plans a year in advance and loads of Hibs fans also work in hotels , pubs , shops , taxis etc which have an extra workload at rugby weekends . Plus more expensive train tickets for fans who travel from afar . Could club not pressurise authorities for us not to be at home at same time as Murrayfield matches ? Am aware that police probably prefer us to be at home than Hearts when there are matches at Murrayfield but this weekend it would have been easy for our match to have been today even if Hearts were playing . Encouraging visiting rugby fans to go to a Hibs match has been suggested for many years especially when Ireland play at Murrayfield ( no flag debate just common sense ) . I remember going to a Hibs v Swansea Friday friendly in the 70s ( ? ) on the day before Wales played at Murrayfield . There were only about 4000 at the game but that included about a hundred Welsh rugby fans .

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 09:08 PM
It’s not the film you’re talking about but I certainly picture a few characters from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest whilst reading this thread 😂

Can I be the boy who pulls the eye out of the fish they caught, then, just as you think he's going to eat it, he puts it back? :hilarious

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 09:09 PM
The Dream Team....😁

Now there's a marketing opportunity.

J-C
10-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Not for the first or last time we`ve got a thread ( actually two ) with some fans understandably frustrated by low turnout arguing with others who for very good reasons didn`t go to match or went but understand numerous reasons why others didn`t . These arguments will always exist but I just hope club take note of some of the reasons why many fans don`t go for example :
1. Pricing . Am aware that both clubs have a say but 18/20 quid is still a lot for a game against a third tier club . One of the things I`ve always liked about SC ties has been the big travelling supports ( whether ours like at Killie in 2013 or Kirkcaldy in 2016 or away fans at ER like Raith yesterday ) and I`m sure the club could do more to boost crowds and improve atmosphere and create some goodwill . I`m no millionaire but would happily give Hibs ( or some scheme like Kicks For Kids but for individual matches ) 50 quid a season to pay for tickets for kids or others who couldn`t afford to go to matches like yesterday . Maybe some incentive for people who go to cup matches for final if we reach it too . I know Hibs fans who don`t have season tickets but go to all cup matches home or away ( older fans who remember days of huge cup crowds against Motherwell , Dundee etc ) plus some league matches .
2. Ticketing problems . Read quite a number of complaints here about problems buying tickets some suggesting problems even stopped people going .
3. Rugby - some folk don`t like idea or don`t understand fact that rugby matches reduce crowds but fact is they do . Some fans buy rugby tickets or make plans a year in advance and loads of Hibs fans also work in hotels , pubs , shops , taxis etc which have an extra workload at rugby weekends . Plus more expensive train tickets for fans who travel from afar . Could club not pressurise authorities for us not to be at home at same time as Murrayfield matches ? Am aware that police probably prefer us to be at home than Hearts when there are matches at Murrayfield but this weekend it would have been easy for our match to have been today even if Hearts were playing . Encouraging visiting rugby fans to go to a Hibs match has been suggested for many years especially when Ireland play at Murrayfield ( no flag debate just common sense ) . I remember going to a Hibs v Swansea Friday friendly in the 70s ( ? ) on the day before Wales played at Murrayfield . There were only about 4000 at the game but that included about a hundred Welsh rugby fans .

:agree::top marks

SquashedFrogg
10-02-2019, 09:11 PM
No, not really. I don't actually give a monkies about how people spend their time, said nothing about that. Hibs have a massive, massive section of fairweather fans.

I remember when a school night on a Sunday meant a bath, last of the summer wine, then sleep.

Technology eh...

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Do you think Hibs would be more or less successful with 15 fans paying the same amount in total as we currently get for 15k fans worth of season tickets?

Support is as important as money.

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Can I be the boy who pulls the eye out of the fish they caught, then, just as you think he's going to eat it, he puts it back? :hilarious

I pictured you as the spaced out guy who keeps mumbling about being tired, with you mumbling “injuries” instead :na na: :duck:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 09:14 PM
I remember when a school night on a Sunday meant a bath, last of the summer wine, then sleep.

Technology eh...

Did you have to share the bath water with your siblings? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I pictured you as the spaced out guy who keeps my mumbling about being tired, with you mumbling “injuries” instead :na na: :duck:

I've got you as Nurse Ratchet. :na na:

The Modfather
10-02-2019, 09:17 PM

I've got you as Nurse Ratchet. :na na:

I’m Danny Devito’s character, an idiot but harmless 😀

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Do you think Hibs would be more or less successful with 15 fans paying the same amount as we currently get for 15k fans worth of season tickets?

Mine isn't. I'm a wannabe fud. A fud who's got a chill now because I went yesterday, just to avoid being called a fud.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 09:19 PM
I’m Danny Devito’s character, an idiot but harmless 😀

So who's Billy Bibbit? :wink:

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Mine isn't. I'm a wannabe fud. A fud who's got a chill now because I went yesterday, just to avoid being called a fud.

Should've wrapped up warmer mate :aok:

SuperSirJMcginn
10-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Do you think Hibs would be more or less successful with 15 fans paying the same amount in total as we currently get for 15k fans worth of season tickets?

Spot on , support is more important.

Cumon where are you ? Let’s be having you. We need a twelve man here !

Keith_M
11-02-2019, 04:49 PM

Surely if that idiot starts supporting you, you need to question your viewpoint.

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2019, 05:32 PM

well i think .net should have kept you, as a pet :(

The Green Goblin
11-02-2019, 05:44 PM
I bought a ticket for the last two cup games (on top of my ST) but couldn’t go in the end.

I’m confused. Does that mean I’m a fud?

Keith_M
11-02-2019, 05:46 PM
I bought a ticket for the last two cup games (on top of my ST) but couldn’t go in the end.

I’m confused. Does that mean I’m a fud?

If it's twice, I'd say a Double Fud.

3pm
11-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Was quite strange watching Sportscene having not been at the game!

Fuzzywuzzy
11-02-2019, 05:56 PM

Did you not feel guilty?

Captain Trips
11-02-2019, 06:53 PM

Awww why did Delia Smith have to go?

Bostonhibby
11-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Surely if that idiot starts supporting you, you need to question your viewpoint.

:greengrinMaybe trying to become one of us because there's no room in the wee stadium.

Viewpoint is an interesting choice of words as the poor soul might only have a partial view in the expensive megastand seats?

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Maybe thinking of Crazy People with Dudley Moore?

‘Volvos are boxy, but safe”

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Maybe thinking of Crazy People with Dudley Moore?

‘Volvos are boxy, but safe”

That's the felly 😁

Brooster
11-02-2019, 07:46 PM

I missed your company mate.

SRHibs
11-02-2019, 08:01 PM
I’m a fud.

RG04
11-02-2019, 08:33 PM
To be fair, I am a season ticket holder and didnt go at the weekend. But in no way do I feel as much of a fud as I did sitting behind that pillar at parkhead on wed, or forking out £30+ for that taxi game at christmas or indeed the 8 quid a box crackers and stealing the cool key chain of the kids for my car keys! Love a bit of fair weather fandom!

The Spaceman
11-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Decided to go watch Scotland play in the rugby. Hope the OP is ok with that xoxo

gegs70
11-02-2019, 11:32 PM
I was working.....

S.sct
12-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Well this ST holder had alternative plans, that ok?

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2019, 08:07 AM

Love everyone getting personally offended and posting the reasons they missed the match throughout the thread. As if its targeted at just them.

The problem is 6000 missing fans, not a few .net posters.

WhileTheChief..
12-02-2019, 08:28 AM
I think the crowds will generally be a lot lower for the rest of the season.

Not speaking for anyone else but the last couple of weeks have knocked my enthusiasm and neither of the front runners for the job have got me looking forward with much hope.

I’ll go to a few more home games probably as I’ve paid for my ST but that will be it.

J-C
12-02-2019, 08:38 AM

Love everyone getting personally offended and posting the reasons they missed the match throughout the thread. As if its targeted at just them.

The problem is 6000 missing fans, not a few .net posters.

We're not long past Christmas and New Year festivities with a lot of people having a 6 week month wages wise, There are bills to pay, credit cards to get up to date with and having an extra 2 cup games at home doesn't help, especially at a higher cost, add into that a big rugby weekend crowd and there's the reason for a lower gate, if the game was on the sunday like Hearts there would'e been a good few thousand more. I did notice Celtic had less than half their stadium filled 28,404 and no ones went on about that and they were playing St Johnstone.

Brightside
12-02-2019, 09:24 AM
We're not long past Christmas and New Year festivities with a lot of people having a 6 week month wages wise, There are bills to pay, credit cards to get up to date with and having an extra 2 cup games at home doesn't help, especially at a higher cost, add into that a big rugby weekend crowd and there's the reason for a lower gate, if the game was on the sunday like Hearts there would'e been a good few thousand more. I did notice Celtic had less than half their stadium filled 28,404 and no ones went on about that and they were playing St Johnstone.

Surely people going to Rugby matches instead are basically Hearts fans? :greengrin