PDA

View Full Version : Flo and Sparky

HibeeMackenzie
10-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Thought today was the best Flo played in a while and during the second half think he and mcnulty seemed to bounce off each other and strike up a good understanding, more than happy with these two leading the line together for the rest of the reason.

Northernhibee
10-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Flo is short of confidence, it's blindingly obvious, but still played some nice football. Appleton seems like the sort of character to return him to his best and I can't wait.

Big90inOz
10-02-2019, 12:11 AM
I can’t help feel Flo would be better playing off someone rather than being the focus, there were rumours we were looking at various tall forwards so maybe that was Lennon’s thoughts as well ?

10-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Kamberi looks frustrated, today that was obvious. He's desperate for a goal but today nothing was coming off for him.

Most strikers at some point or another go through a bit of a dry patch but hopefully once he gets a goal it'll lift his confidence.

Forza Fred
10-02-2019, 12:17 AM
I thought there were signs of a partnership between the two of them forming.

Flo did ok today I thought,

Probably tried too hard for a goal and just needs a bit more composure, and will be happy to see him get one to help restore his confidence.

Johnny Clash
10-02-2019, 12:52 AM
flo’s not on his game. Not sure it’s ‘confidence’ as people keep repeating. He never seems lacking of confidence whenever he’s been interviewed. Far from it. He just doesn’t seem to be up for the games. He’s lacking the desire and energy he had last year. That’s got nothing to do with confidence. Hoping he sorts himself out soon.

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 12:58 AM
Night and day between the players. Nothing was going for McNulty but he never gave up bullied defenders and had the wariness ronset up Slivka. Flo kept coming short frustrated as hell.

Northernhibee
10-02-2019, 01:04 AM
Night and day between the players. Nothing was going for McNulty but he never gave up bullied defenders and had the wariness ronset up Slivka. Flo kept coming short frustrated as hell.

McNulty's finish was sheer quality.

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 01:09 AM
McNulty's finish was sheer quality.

Even before then there was one similar he just failed to get on the right side of the defender. First half nothing went his way, others would have grabbed that ball and tried to turn, perfect lay off boom. Boy has it and you could see how much it meant to him scoring. I really hope there’s a way we can keep him.

Unseen work
10-02-2019, 01:54 AM
Got to admit McNulty is a lot faster and sharper than I was expecting. Looks in good shape

From previous clips/photos I was expecting him to be a bit slower than he is but looks in very good condition and offers is something different.

Took his goal very well.

Kamberi should have scored when Omeonga played him through, a very poor touch (as a result of lack of confidence) lead to it getting stuck under his feet and then had to try beat his man and shoot.

If McNulty he would have drove direct to the goal and got his shot off without the defender getting near him.

Really hoping Flo discovers his goal scoring touch and form we all know he is capable of.

Think they could be a really good partnership

kiwihibby
10-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Got to admit McNulty is a lot faster and sharper than I was expecting. Looks in good shape

From previous clips/photos I was expecting him to be a bit slower than he is but looks in very good condition and offers is something different.

Took his goal very well.

Kamberi should have scored when Omeonga played him through, a very poor touch (as a result of lack of confidence) lead to it getting stuck under his feet and then had to try beat his man and shoot.

If McNulty he would have drove direct to the goal and got his shot off without the defender getting near him.

Really hoping Flo discovers his goal scoring touch and form we all know he is capable of.

Personally think that McNulty and Shaw would be a better partnership. Shaw has a lot of talent and could also learn a lot from McNulty

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2019, 05:29 AM
Personally think that McNulty and Shaw would be a better partnership. Shaw has a lot of talent and could also learn a lot from McNulty

Said this at the game, would like to see them get a few games together.

theonlywayisup
10-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Thought today was the best Flo played in a while and during the second half think he and mcnulty seemed to bounce off each other and strike up a good understanding, more than happy with these two leading the line together for the rest of the reason.

Personally, I thought that Kamberi was very poor though he did have some better moments in the second half.

His control of the ball and passing was rubbish in the first 60 minutes. Yes, he improved but he was up against a very poor Raith team.

JimBHibees
10-02-2019, 06:34 AM

Took his goal very well.

He shoyuld have drove on and then squared it for McNulty for a tap in cutting back onto his right foot killed the chance. Dont think Mark was too happy he didnt pass and rightly so. Would have been 4 0 and negated any nervous last ten caused by poor goal from a corner.

makaveli1875
10-02-2019, 06:40 AM
I'd rather see Shaw and sparky, I'd probably rather see Lewis Allan start before Kamberi the way he is just now

we are hibs
10-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Kamberi was fine yesterday (apart from not scoring).

Get the sense regardless of how he plays the rest of the season people can't wait to jump on his back.

Brightside
10-02-2019, 07:05 AM

Took his goal very well.

I don’t think he is even close to being fully fit yet. Will score plenty when he is though.

Onion
10-02-2019, 07:33 AM
Thought Flo worked hard all game but his confidence shot and he is struggling. McNulty had a great 2nd half and showed he's an intelligent player, laying on 2 good chance for Flo and scoring himself. Agree, we have the makings of a decent partnership in those 2, once the new manager straightens Flo out.

eastcoasthibby
10-02-2019, 07:40 AM
For the Kamberi dislikers on here ...try and watch the whole game and take account of the low confidence he has just now, he has had by his standards of last season not got near that level and I think what we have seen so far, is a player frustrated because he has had very little to work with and has become the victim of massive expectations of fans. He is the only one left from a tremendous group of 5 players who took teams apart last season in the last third of the pitch and has borne the brunt of our unhappiness. Its not his fault that Lennnon, Recruitment and the Board failed to bring in the right quality of players in the summer. Add this to Lennons insistence in playing him as a loan striker with crap service and maybe we can see why he has sunk to where he is.
Yesterday, I thought the first half initially he was where he has been, but as the half went on he got a few touches to link things up and in the second half this grew and he looked much more like the player we know is in there. McNulty is a bright player and I thought they began to link up well, folk need to remember that this is their first game together and an understanding will develop, the more they play together.
Some of this might sound patronizing but some of the levels of expectations and understanding on it all just falling into place with them immediately, are a bit naive, but as is said its peoples opinions.
I thought the second half looked promising and agree totally Flo' is a confidence player and thrives on goals. Onward and upward.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Anyone questioning Kamberis desire is just buying into a poisonous narrative. He started really poorly yesterday, bit played a big part in leas up to the 1st goal, then came into the game but there was no lack of effort or desire. A lack of quality and/or confidence maybe. He should have sqaured it for McNulty when he was played in but he looks desperate for a goal so I can see why he went alone; I may have been less forgiving if it was 0-0 at the time.

McNulty looks lively. He looks a real penalty box type and I wonder if we'll see the best of him with how we currently play. The twice we really got him into dangerous positions he scored and set up Slivka, he also created another couple of half chances in and around the box. He looked a bit frustrated at times and in the 1st half started to drop deep looking for the ball, on at least 3 occasions he ended up in possession on the half way line. Cummings used to do similar when we couldn't get the ball to him. His energy and movement is good and if it's accurate Appleton likes to play an energetic pressing game he'll be a huge asset for that style.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Kamberi needs a goal, any type of goal would be a blessing just now, he is a shadow of last season's player, that all cant be down to getting grief from Lennon surely?

Borderhibbie76
10-02-2019, 08:27 AM
flo’s not on his game. Not sure it’s ‘confidence’ as people keep repeating. He never seems lacking of confidence whenever he’s been interviewed. Far from it. He just doesn’t seem to be up for the games. He’s lacking the desire and energy he had last year. That’s got nothing to do with confidence. Hoping he sorts himself out soon.We're u at the match today?? Coz he showed application and desire in abundance especially in 2nd half...he was coming deep to.get involved and really unlucky not to score

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-02-2019, 08:28 AM
I'd rather see Shaw and sparky, I'd probably rather see Lewis Allan start before Kamberi the way he is just nowUtter nonsense but bash on

Orchard_Hibs
10-02-2019, 08:30 AM
The abuse that Kamberi takes is unreal, not everything he tried came off but he didn’t stop trying to make things happen. He constantly showed for the ball which is a lot more than Mcnulty did, in fact apart from one week shot mcnulty didn’t touch the ball till 30 mins.

The guy is a quality player but has been asked to be a target man which he’s not, he’s only 22 as well.

Weegreenman
10-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Kamberi was hot and cold yesterday for me. He’s most definitely lacking in confidence but that didn’t stop him being brave and putting himself about. One thing I would say, he would possibly have better outcomes if he were to learn to play the easy ball whenever the opportunity arises. He tends to do well initially winning balls but then holds onto the ball when it should be layed off. Just my opinion:

wookie70
10-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Opinions eh, I thought Flo was much better than McNulty yesterday. He was constantly involved, always looking for the ball and giving an option and was back to a player who was trying things. One example was a nice first touch and then an over hit ball to David Grey which went out of play. The end result was poor but the fact was he tracked back 50 yards and then tried the difficult option. That wasn't happening under Lennon this year.

McNulty for me is quite like McLaren. He is a sniper and looking to run in behind. I'd love to see how many touched the two strikers had because I thought McNulty was hardly involved in the game barring the goal, the lay off and a couple of one twos. Flo was the focus of most of our attacks. Flo needs a wee bit luck or a couple of things coming off.

I think Flo is a good game and a goal away from showing us he can get back to last year's heights. McNulty looks different enough to be a partner, like Jamie was, and hopefully it will gel like it did last year. For anyone saying Flo isn't working look how many times he ends up in our half helping the midfield and compare that with McNulty. I'd rather he worked less and stayed up the park but he is clearly working on instruction or trying to make the effort to help the team. I'm confident Flo will make us a large wad further down the line and he needs our support to get through a tough spell. The signs are good though.

DetroitHibs
10-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Utter nonsense but bash on

Not total nonsense. The Lewis Allan part is, but for me Shaw is a better all round player than Flo. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Kamberi had a better game than McNulty who hardly touched the ball first half. Took his goal well of course but Flo was doing the dirty work

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Not total nonsense. The Lewis Allan part is, but for me Shaw is a better all round player than Flo. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many will disagree.

Sorry but kamberi is a much better footballer than shaw, he is just going through a rut at the moment

Callum_62
10-02-2019, 09:05 AM
I thought flo was atrocious for most of the game

He did however, work his bollocks off so I can accept a poor game

Keeps working and the rewards will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
10-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Flo just needs a goal or two. He’s a very good striker.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 09:29 AM

I think Shaw is good player for his age, but I can't agree with that comparison.

Kamberi definitely has his flaws, though. The main one for me is that he can't seem to control a pass very well. Put the ball in front of him to run onto and he scores some fantastic goals (e.g. the one at Celtc Park). However, most teams have the sense to close him down, hence the rarity of those types of goals.

theonlywayisup
10-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Kamberi was fine yesterday (apart from not scoring).

Get the sense regardless of how he plays the rest of the season people can't wait to jump on his back.

Bit like you with Whittaker.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Oh and why 'Sparky'?

:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 09:46 AM
McNulty certainly adding quality, good addition who will work well with both Kamberi & Shaw

green day
10-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Oh and why 'Sparky'?

:confused:

His name is Mark, presumably it grew from there "marky" -> "sparky" - certainly thats what he calls himself and is part of his twitter handle @sparkymcnulty

hibbyfraelibby
10-02-2019, 09:57 AM
I am in the Flo camp. He's been used and abused as a target man all season, he's a great striker in the right team with the right service.

Its not a case of Flo v Oli v Sparky. Its a case of getting the front men the balls they need to shine. Horgan was showing signs of doing that yesterday and Slivka is settling in to a key role.

It might be off the wall but how about , against Hamilton we play a front three of Flo, Sparky and Oli?

H18S NX
10-02-2019, 10:02 AM
I like Kamberi but his first touch and control is way off,maybe he is trying too hard i don't know,but hopefully it will come.

we are hibs
10-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Bit like you with Whittaker.

My main gripe with Whittaker is because he's not good enough to play for a club that wants to challenge for Europe. There isnt any malice about it i just think he isnt good enough anymore. People are jumping all over kamberi because they're assuming he was the reason Lennon left and they clearly value Lennon higher than the club/players. I take it you're one of them.

Crunchie
10-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Flo is short of confidence, it's blindingly obvious, but still played some nice football. Appleton seems like the sort of character to return him to his best and I can't wait.

He looked desperate to score, a couple of times he could have squared it to Sparky who had relative tap ins. Hopefully you're right and the new man gets the best out of him. There's a player in there somewhere for sure.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 10:18 AM
I thought flo was atrocious for most of the game

He did however, work his bollocks off so I can accept a poor game

Keeps working and the rewards will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't even close to atrocious.

Seekyit
10-02-2019, 10:27 AM
I thought Kamberi did ok yesterday. As the game went on there were signs he and McNulty might work well together, so yes, looks promising.

BlackSheep
10-02-2019, 10:29 AM
I think saying Kamberi was atrocious is a bit harsh. He definitely looked short on confidence and perhaps took the extra touch when a more confident player wouldn’t have needed that. He is still having to deal with hoof balls up to him, and while he is great with dealing with these at times, he is much better with ball to feet as demonstrated a few times yesterday...

What I found disappointing yesterday was taking McNulty off when he and Flo were just starting to click... I see good things coming between those two up two.

Sioux
10-02-2019, 10:34 AM
How long do we go with the 'lost confidence' excuse, no matter who the player is?

Its turned into as big a .net myth as being 'injury prone'.

Crunchie
10-02-2019, 10:38 AM
How long do we go with the 'lost confidence' excuse, no matter who the player is?

Confidence is a huge thing in any player, especially a striker when the onus is effectively on you to score and win games. Look at the Aberdeen boy Cosgrove for example?, couldn't hit the side of a barn door initially now he can't stop scoring. Flo will come good and score regularly like every good striker does.

Gettin' Auld
10-02-2019, 10:56 AM
For whatever reason, Flo's confidence looks shot to bits. Playing through it might help or alternatively just destroy whatever confidence he has left. He's desperate to score, so snatches at shots and makes the wrong decisions, which affects his confidence even more. That also leads to more yellow cards as his frustration boils over.

He probably needs rested for a few weeks to ease the pressure and give him the chance to get his mojo back. I know we don't exactly have a lot of strikers to choose from, but playing McNulty and Oli isn't exactly scraping the barrel. On current form they're possibly the best option anyway.

There's a sports physchologist available at East Mains, isn't there? I remember reading about Sean Mackie (i think it was) making use of that.

Flo on fire is an excellent striker, but he's certainly not on fire just now. Playing him constantly isn't helping him any, so we need to try something different.

He's still young, so he needs helped instead of having more pressure piled on him weekly. He's clearly a laddie who's very much a confidence player and at the moment he's low on that. Looks like he's in need of an arm around the shoulder and a rest, rather than constant boots up the arse, as Lennon regularly did publicly. Neither wonder his confidence is low.....

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 11:52 AM
I actually thought he was trying too hard at times to get involved due to the lack of creativity. Plenty times he was in space he got overlooked for a pop at goal from Mallan and Horgan.

Shrekko
10-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Sorry but kamberi is a much better footballer than shaw, he is just going through a rut at the moment

No, that’s actually your opinion.

If Shaw was playing like Kamberi... 2 goals in 17 games he’d be getting hounded even more IMHO because for some reason people have always been looking to write him off.

No doubt Kamberi shows nice flashes from time to time but it has been his continual failure to do the basics pretty much all season that have drawn the ire of some fans.

I would say Shaw and Kamberi both have enough about them to be good SPL strikers and there little to choose between them... but Shaw has been by far the better recently... and is a good bit younger.

It’s actually good to see a player being defended but some of the excuses made for Flo are verging on comical.

Heckys Wheel
10-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Kamberi was garbage yesterday but at least he’s trying again.

I’m sure he’ll come good as long as he keeps up the effort.

The 90+2
10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
His name is Mark, presumably it grew from there "marky" -> "sparky" - certainly thats what he calls himself and is part of his twitter handle @sparkymcnulty

Mark Hughes was called sparky.

Keith_M
10-02-2019, 12:35 PM

OK, cheers.

I thought for a minute that a certain former Hibs striker had returned.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 04:52 PM
No, that’s actually your opinion.

If Shaw was playing like Kamberi... 2 goals in 17 games he’d be getting hounded even more IMHO because for some reason people have always been looking to write him off.

No doubt Kamberi shows nice flashes from time to time but it has been his continual failure to do the basics pretty much all season that have drawn the ire of some fans.

I would say Shaw and Kamberi both have enough about them to be good SPL strikers and there little to choose between them... but Shaw has been by far the better recently... and is a good bit younger.

It’s actually good to see a player being defended but some of the excuses made for Flo are verging on comical.

Well seeing as kamberi plays more than shaw it's clearly not just my opinion, but that of coaches who are far more qualified than you or i

Shrekko
10-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Well seeing as kamberi plays more than shaw it's clearly not just my opinion, but that of coaches who are far more qualified than you or i

Ok- noted. Interesting theory seeing as half the arguments on here are about players who regularly get picked...

Could be that Oli is being bled in gradually as a young player or is that too simple?

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Ok- noted. Interesting theory seeing as half the arguments on here are about players who regularly get picked...

Could be that Oli is being bled in gradually as a young player or is that too simple?

Quite possibly, but I'm sure there was talk of him going on loan to partick not so long ago so clearly wasnt part of Lennon's plans, obviously Lennon getting punted changed all that so we will never know, I think if we had more strikers in last summer then he would have been out on loan. Decent young striker though

hibbyfraelibby
10-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Too simple. Oli needs a summer bulking up in the gym.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Quite possibly, but I'm sure there was talk of him going on loan to partick not so long ago so clearly wasnt part of Lennon's plans, obviously Lennon getting punted changed all that so we will never know, I think if we had more strikers in last summer then he would have been out on loan. Decent young striker thoughAye, he only played 45 times under Lennon, definitely not in his plans.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Too simple. Oli needs a summer bulking up in the gym.Didn't look like he needed that when he changed the game against St Mirren.

Shrekko
10-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Too simple. Oli needs a summer bulking up in the gym.

A Hibs.net myth in the making here. Don’t think he’ll ever be physical but can handle himself ok... at least when he takes a ball into feet he generally hold it up and finds a Hibs man...

He’s bang on target for double figures in his first full season .. that’ll do me.

DetroitHibs
10-02-2019, 06:05 PM

That is all just subject to opinion. Let's look at the fact.

Oli Shaw
1008 Minutes played 168 minutes per goal
Shots on target 62%
Goals 6
Assists 3

Flo Kamberi
1715 Minutes played 343 minutes per goal
Shots on target 41%
Goals 5
Assists 3

So I'm curious. What is it that Flo does better than Oli? I'm not bashing either, I just think Oli gives us more.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 06:10 PM
OK, cheers.

I thought for a minute that a certain former Hibs striker had returned.

I was almost in stauner territory. There's only wan Hibs Sparky :hyper

Shrekko
10-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Oli Shaw
Shots on target 62%
Goals 6
Assists 3

Flo Kamberi
Shots on target 41%
Goals 5
Assists 3

So I'm curious. What is it that Flo does better than Oli? I'm not bashing either, I just think Oli gives us more.

Great post.

My opinion of why people say Kamberi is better is simply down to a pre conceived idea. Obviously he did have a great spell last season in a very good team but I’m not sure how anyone can argue with the raw stats this season. It may be that Kamberi’s form of last season is not the norm judging by his stats for Grasshoppers.

I’d say apart from goals and assists Oli’s general play is much tidier.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 06:35 PM

Oli Shaw
Shots on target 62%
Goals 6
Assists 3

Flo Kamberi
Shots on target 41%
Goals 5
Assists 3

I personally think flo is a better footballer currently, his turn and run yesterday for example is something you wouldn't see shaw do, but they are different players I suppose.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Aye, he only played 45 times under Lennon, definitely not in his plans.

So why was he potentially going out on loan then?

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2019, 06:44 PM
So why was he potentially going out on loan then?Because Lennon lost the plot a bit?

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Because Lennon lost the plot a bit?

Well that's another debate altogether!!

Billy Whizz
10-02-2019, 06:47 PM
I personally think flo is a better footballer currently, his turn and run yesterday for example is something you wouldn't see shaw do, but they are different players I suppose.

Oli is the more technical player, Flo much stronger at this stage, as he’s older
Oli always seems to get compared to Flo, nothing like each other in style. Maybe fans should compare McNulty to Flo instead of OS

Shrekko
10-02-2019, 07:00 PM
So why was he potentially going out on loan then?

When was this actually confirmed?

I’d be stunned if Hibs let a striker leave in this window.

hibbyfraelibby
10-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Didn't look like he needed that when he changed the game against St Mirren.

He is too easily out muscled in the SPFL upper reaches.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 07:28 PM
When was this actually confirmed?

I’d be stunned if Hibs let a striker leave in this window.

Yeah cause maclaren is still here right enough

Johnny Clash
11-02-2019, 02:56 AM
We're u at the match today?? Coz he showed application and desire in abundance especially in 2nd half...he was coming deep to.get involved and really unlucky not to score

Yes I made it up for the game. Thanks for asking mate .Glad I did too as it was a decent game.

Crikey , there’s a lot of sensitive souls on here getting all upset when supporters comment that Kamberi is nowhere near the player he was last season. I actually think he’s a confident, talented young man and he’d probably be a bit embarrassed by all these posts speculating that his confidence is blown. He’s confident enough to come forward and take penalties after all so I don’t think he’s wilting. He’s off form though. Clearly. He’s gone through a long spell of poor performances compared to the standards we all know he’s capable of. Kamberi isn’t arrogant - he realises he’s not playing well and he puts that down to an injury. When has he ever said he’s lacking confidence?

Anyway, really hope he manages to find the form he’s lost.

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Sorry but I disagree, I worked in sales environments for a good while and you used to see it all the time. Sales people who previously had no problem hit a wee barren patch and they get frustrated and try too hard, doesn't work and confidence takes a nose dive, they keep plugging away but the additional efforts gets to an increasingly frustrated, almost desperate, stage as they can't find the answer to what's different now compared to the months before.

How you fix it differs from person to person, sometimes it just takes a wee rub of the green and a couple of sales to relax them and settle them down, others it was just convince them to put it behind them at the end of the month and come back and have a better month when the next one starts.

I'd say all Flo's hard work yesterday has all the hallmarks of a similar scenario, I don't think his form is for lack of trying, he's just struggling to understand whst he needs to do to regain last season's form.

Diclonius
11-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Noticed that in the paper McNulty was talking about spending the day after the 2016 cup final drinking with his Hibs-supporting pals, but makes it pretty clear that despite being from Edinburgh he isn't a boyhood Hibs fan himself. Is he one of them? :wink:

CapitalGreen
11-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Noticed that in the paper McNulty was talking about spending the day after the 2016 cup final drinking with his Hibs-supporting pals, but makes it pretty clear that despite being from Edinburgh he isn't a boyhood Hibs fan himself. Is he one of them? :wink:

Celtic

Shrekko
11-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Yeah cause maclaren is still here right enough

I think we both know what I meant. McLaren was let go because a replacement was coming.