PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga - impressive

California-Hibs
09-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Liked what I saw from him today. Definitely think he's got bags of talent. Hopefully we start to see more of him in the coming months.

Hiber-nation
09-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, looked decent but he ended up wide right which isn't his game.

scotiaf
09-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Thought he looked ok, one decent pass. But did not stand out, still early doors though

My_Wife_Camille
09-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Really liked the look of him. Hopefully what we saw today was an accurate representation of what he can offer and wasn’t just a result of us playing weak opposition.

SChibs
09-02-2019, 06:12 PM
I thought in the game vs motherwell you could see he was a talented player but was caught out by the pace of the game that night and lost the ball on a few occasions. If he can find pockets of space where he can look up and find a pass or make a run he could be a useful player

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2019, 06:13 PM
He was ok. Not sure what was “impressive” about his performance

Ozyhibby
09-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Just glad to see him on the pitch. Too early to tell but one good pass for Kamberri and he should have squared it to McNulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermcginn
09-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Theres a reason he played in serie A at a young age. Time for a run in the team

hibsbollah
09-02-2019, 06:17 PM
A Kujabi like debut. One run past two players and an insightful through ball stood out.

Pete
09-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Didn’t really see enough of him to make any judgements.

Allant1981
09-02-2019, 06:26 PM
One good run followed by a good pass, didn't really do much else

CMurdoch
09-02-2019, 06:31 PM
I thought he was very positive on the ball, trying to progress it rather than passing sideways.
Would have liked to have seen him get the game against Celtic.

Brightside
09-02-2019, 06:31 PM
did he not play for about 15 mins? :greengrin

tamig
09-02-2019, 06:34 PM

Folk can only comment on what they see. Appreciate you’ve stuck an emoji on the end but any need for the sly dig? Did you not think there were positive signs in those 15 mins or however long he was on for?

Brightside
09-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Folk can only comment on what they see. Appreciate you’ve stuck an emoji on the end but any need for the sly dig? Did you not think there were positive signs in those 15 mins or however long he was on for?

id have loved to have seen him on earlier. i agree he could be a player. very hard to judge a player on 15 mins of a game though. No idea why the boy from motherwell didnt start today. Would have been ideal imo.

supermcginn
09-02-2019, 06:44 PM

It doesn't take that long to impress after the season we've had.

hibsbollah
09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
It doesn't take that long to impress after the season we've had.

I think 15 mins IS enough to give you an idea as to what kind of player someone is. Assuming he gets enough touches to paint a picture.

500miles
09-02-2019, 06:51 PM
I didn't see anything all that exciting to be honest.

bingo70
09-02-2019, 06:51 PM
I thought he looked good when he came on and I’m a wee bit surprised by the negativity to this thread (I’m not really). Thought he looked quick, positive and direct, looks to have a wee trick or two up his sleeve as well.

At the risk of sounding all ‘MyWifeCamille’ I do worry there’s a wee bit of a subconscious racism within our support, there were a couple of times he did something that involved him having a wee run with the ball and there were almost ironic cheers and laughing, couldn’t understand why?! It was almost like he was a bit of a joke figure out there, I didn’t get it.

eastcoasthibby
09-02-2019, 06:53 PM
A Kujabi like debut. One run past two players and an insightful through ball stood out.

Very hard to please hibsbollah ...thought he looked.comfortable with the ball at his feet, greatbit of play late on with 3 defenders around him retained the ball drew.theplayers in and opened the game out with a lovely pass to Mallan. Great touch to nick the ball and move away and ide through a lovely pass for Kamberi to miss a great chance ..the kind of passes we were raving about our midfielders.making.last year 😁👍

tamig
09-02-2019, 06:56 PM
id have loved to have seen him on earlier. i agree he could be a player. very hard to judge a player on 15 mins of a game though. No idea why the boy from motherwell didnt start today. Would have been ideal imo.

I’d like to see the pair of them together in the middle to be fair. Lets see what the new man comes up with once he’s seen them all at East Mains.

cleanyman
09-02-2019, 06:57 PM
He's okay

Nothing special

green day
09-02-2019, 07:01 PM
He's okay

Nothing special

How many threads are you going to troll today?

2 so far.

You are not a Hibs fan.

cleanyman
09-02-2019, 07:02 PM

2 so far.

You are not a Hibs fan.

Absolute garbage

green day
09-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Absolute garbage

Your opinions?

Agreed 100%

My_Wife_Camille
09-02-2019, 07:04 PM
He was ok. Not sure what was “impressive” about his performance

Didn’t really see enough of him to make any judgements.

One good run followed by a good pass, didn't really do much else

I didn't see anything all that exciting to be honest.

He's okay

Nothing special

2 so far.

You are not a Hibs fan.
Why is cleanyman trolling but none of the others that said the same thing?

green day
09-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Why is cleanyman trolling but none of the others that said the same thing?

On bus, only saw his post. Regardless, the guy is a decent player, to say otherwise is simply trolling. Hence......

Also, on the match thread he says we are relegation cannon fodder. Is that not trolling??

green with envy
09-02-2019, 07:13 PM
He's okay

Nothing special

Deary me.

cleanyman
09-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Does anyone seriously think he's anything special ?

Jesus wept

tamig
09-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Jesus wept

People have said they were impressed by what they saw. Is that wrong for them to do that? And what’s with the last sentence? You are a one.

A Hi-Bee
09-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Jesus wept

Do you think anyone on here seriously thinks? and do you really think anyone cares what is said on a football forum, do you really think anyone pays any attention or if it is in any way relevent. Away an boil your heid, your mouths awe broon.

green with envy
09-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Jesus wept

Who knows after only 30 odd minutes playing with Hibs. What I will say is that he was decent when he came on against Sf Mirren as was today. Plenty to be positive for the rest of the season. BTW, you must be a bundle of joy to sit beside during a game.

cleanyman
09-02-2019, 07:21 PM
He wasn't anything special

It's actually concerning anyone thought he was

Milligan is twice the player

Frazerbob
09-02-2019, 07:23 PM
This place is murder these days.

hibsbollah
Very hard to please hibsbollah ...thought he looked.comfortable with the ball at his feet, greatbit of play late on with 3 defenders around him retained the ball drew.theplayers in and opened the game out with a lovely pass to Mallan. Great touch to nick the ball and move away and ide through a lovely pass for Kamberi to miss a great chance ..the kind of passes we were raving about our midfielders.making.last year 😁👍

Haha, I think you misunderstood me. I was using the Kujabi example because he famously had an excellent debut. Omeonga was very impressive.

SMAXXA

I have to be honest from what I’ve seen from him I wouldnt say he’s anything special but it’s too early to fairly judge him. He’s looked neat and tidy at times other times he’s been caught on the ball he needs time to adjust and settle so won’t be going over the top with praise or writing the boy off either.

SChibs
09-02-2019, 07:24 PM

They are completely different midfielders but don't let that get in the way of your trolling. Are you unhappy Hibs won today because it seems like it

hibsbollah
09-02-2019, 07:24 PM

You really are having a Nigel Farage of an evening.

skyhibs
09-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Nothing exciting for me either... think we can do better.. that’s twice I have seen him and not really been impressed

thegaffer12
09-02-2019, 07:26 PM
His ball to Kamberi was sublime

tamig
09-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Do you understand football? Milligan doesn’t even play the same role.

tamig
09-02-2019, 07:29 PM
His ball to Kamberi was sublime

Maybe some were at the bog then.

04Sauzee
09-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Some comments in here are absolutely tragic

hibsbollah
09-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Yeah, looked decent but he ended up wide right which isn't his game.

I wondered about this. Did Slivka go central when Omeonga came on? I didn't notice.

green with envy
09-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Nothing exciting for me either... think we can do better.. that’s twice I have seen him and not really been impressed

Remind me again how many minutes that he has played in the two times that you've seen him?

green day
09-02-2019, 07:37 PM
:top marks

green with envy
09-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Neither the pace or position - not having a pop at Milligan BTW. He was pretty decent today.

hibsbollah
09-02-2019, 07:39 PM
People are getting slagged for liking what they've seen of him because it's not long enough to judge a player. Other people are getting slagged for NOT liking what they've seen of him because it's not long enough to judge a player.

Best he gets a full 90 soon so we can put this argument to bed and start another one about how he's getting too long on the pitch.

tamig
09-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Neither the pace or position - not having a pop at Milligan BTW. He was pretty decent today.

Just thought it was a bizarre comparison. In fact it was.

Hi Heid Yin
09-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Playing against lower league and (all due respect) inferior opposition did not help his case.

The games against Hearts, Aberdeen and the Glasgow pair will tell us a lot more.

tamig
09-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Playing against lower league and (all due respect) inferior opposition did not help his case.

The games against Hearts, Aberdeen and the Glasgow pair will tell us a lot more.
What case is that that playing for 15 mins didn’t help with? I don’t understand.

Edit - just read again. You’re saying you can’t decide if he was impressive or not as we have to see him in the big games before deciding? Thats fair enough.

Hi Heid Yin
09-02-2019, 08:34 PM
What case is that that playing for 15 mins didn’t help with? I don’t understand.

Edit - just read again. You’re saying you can’t decide if he was impressive or not as we have to see him in the big games before deciding? Thats fair enough.

:agree::agree:

Jonnyboy
09-02-2019, 08:41 PM

Nope, close to 30 minutes actually :wink:

DetroitHibs
09-02-2019, 08:52 PM
You can't seriously say he's anything special or gash, he's had very little game time to establish himself. I'll judge him after a half dozen games.

bookert
09-02-2019, 09:15 PM
He played one good ball through, we are definately desperate for a saviour.

tamig
09-02-2019, 09:16 PM
You can't seriously say he's anything special or gash, he's had very little game time to establish himself. I'll judge him after a half dozen games.

You can have a view though. What do you think based on what you’ve seen so far?

DetroitHibs
09-02-2019, 09:52 PM
You can have a view though. What do you think based on what you’ve seen so far?

He hasn't done much wrong and hasn't done anything productive. Again it's hard to influence a game with only getting 15 minutes or so.

CmoantheHibs
09-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Personally I thought he looked impressive. He showed a drive to make things happen and an urgency to get us forward. Although he wasn't on for long I seen a player that was desperate to make an impression. That is the type of player we need. Not sure of his ability, due to not seeing enough of him, but he has a good pedigree for this level and his attitude seems great.

jacomo
09-02-2019, 10:21 PM

Jesus wept

You are being ridiculous.

Unless you have followed his career (which I doubt) you know very little about him.

Someone posts that they were encouraged by what they saw from him today, and you feel the need to belittle him.

Please, just no. It’s pathetic.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2019, 10:26 PM
https://goo.gl/images/qVuPmA

Mibbes Aye
09-02-2019, 10:29 PM
I’m waiting until the fans get back from Hamilton.

supermcginn
09-02-2019, 10:56 PM

Jesus wept

Get to your bed. Your team has a big game against the talbot tomorrow!

poolman
09-02-2019, 11:54 PM

%*%# off

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 11:55 PM
I liked him today.

Not just when he had the ball, his running into spaces was good.

He was the only player who got forward to support Shaw when he broke down the left.

HibeeMackenzie
10-02-2019, 12:56 AM
The laddie looked very positive and was always trying to get the ba forward quickly. Played one cracking through ball. Whoever taught him how to run need a word with themselves though