PDA

View Full Version : Quarter final draw - Hibs v Celtic

Pages : 1 [2]

Leith Green
11-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I think we had a bit further along in the top tier. Can’t really remember from the actual game, just from pics I’ve seen

We had the whole top tier mate

Tornadoes70
11-02-2019, 09:47 PM
The best anyone can ask for is a home draw.

These are the games that should excite and virtually guarantee a sell out. Let's get out in force and shake ER to its core with noisy support when this game comes around. This one deserves a display from the FF that's normally reserved for derbies.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

davhibby
11-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Since it has to be on the TV and can't be the Friday as we play on the Wednesday before. The 5:15 game premier have been showing would be pretty good. Better than an early game and would be a great atmosphere

IberianHibernian
11-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Celtic are favourites but they've got Valencia home and away before they play us plus a midweek match at Tynecastle just before they play us. We've got an important match in Perth on the same night but Saturday midday probably best for us

green with envy
11-02-2019, 09:54 PM
We had the whole top tier mate

Absolutely not true. There were rangers fans in the last section of the upper tier. In any case, Hibs fans would not have been allowed to be directly above the rangers fans in the bottom tier.

WHAM
11-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Absolutely not true. There were rangers fans in the last section of the upper tier. In any case, Hibs fans would not have been allowed to be directly above the rangers fans in the bottom tier.

Sorry but you’re wrong mate.

We 100% had the whole top tier and 3/5 of the lower tier.

What a day that was.

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 10:00 PM

Not sure that is true...was in the upper tier , can't recall there being any Huns at all....

Mind you..who cares. Three zilch! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nicho87
11-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Correct I sat in the top tier. No huns up there that day. Quite easily in my top 5 attended hibs games.

green with envy
11-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Sorry but you’re wrong mate.

We 100% had the whole top tier and 3/5 of the lower tier.

What a day that was.

Happy to stand corrected with that one.

green with envy
11-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Not sure that is true...was in the upper tier , can't recall there being any Huns at all....

Mind you..who cares. Three zilch! [emoji3]

My oldest lad who I was with in the top tier that day also reckons there were no huns in the top tier - again happy to stand corrected.

He did say though that we never filled it:confused:

silverhibee
11-02-2019, 10:28 PM
If it's a draw does it go to extra time or a replay.

skipster7
11-02-2019, 10:32 PM
I've been convinced we had the whole stand at Ibrox for years. Can't remember any Huns at all tbh ?

green with envy
11-02-2019, 10:36 PM
If it's a draw does it go to extra time or a replay.

Replay

green with envy
11-02-2019, 10:37 PM
I've been convinced we had the whole stand at Ibrox for years. Can't remember any Huns at all tbh ?

I've given up.😅

Kaff
11-02-2019, 10:40 PM

Had the tickets to sell whole stand but we weren't able to, I was on the dividing line in lower stand and I'd say 3/5ths would be about right. Also think it was correct that the upper stand was all Hibs and did wonder about any implications that might have, stray Cup of pish wasn't how I wanted to celebrate the goals!

Kato
11-02-2019, 10:49 PM
I found this from the 0-3 cup game.

You can see we had the whole stand up to the corner where the segregation started.

https://youtu.be/QLV-DCTD2OA

Nice viewing. A beautiful side built on a shoe-string ripping the Lilian out of an EBT-enhanced-financial-steriod monstrosity. Mowbray's best team, together all too short a time.

Daydreamer
11-02-2019, 11:03 PM
Would definitely prefer the 17.15 KO on the Saturday. Sunday games are pish!!

southern hibby
11-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Looking forward to the tie already.

Excellent draw for the new manager to get a look at the team and put his own twist on things. I think we will actually be up for it, more than Celtic will give us credit for.

This tie is winnable and I’m sure the players will give 100% for the new manager coming in.

GGTTH

green with envy
11-02-2019, 11:17 PM
Looking forward to the tie already.

Excellent draw for the new manager to get a look at the team and put his own twist on things. I think we will actually be up for it, more than Celtic will give us credit for.

This tie is winnable and I’m sure the players will give 100% for the new manager coming in.

GGTTH

Good positive post.

Franck Stanton
11-02-2019, 11:18 PM
I think I’ll pass on that one thanks 👍

I'll get you a ticket & you can pay me back when you get paid,no probs.

Franck Stanton
11-02-2019, 11:20 PM
That stat has made me feel even better. It can’t go on forever. We are winning this.

Remember, Celic haven't won at Easter Road whilst
Rodgers has been manager

jgl07
11-02-2019, 11:46 PM
Looking at the date of the Final I see it’s the same day as the Rugby Guinness Pro14 rugby final at Celtic Park.

So we’ll have 60,000 at Celtic Park and 52,000 at Hampden Park less than 3 miles away.

Need to get the pubs and clubs booked up now!

60,000 at a Rugby club match?

That'll be right!

tamig
12-02-2019, 12:14 AM
60,000 at a Rugby club match?

That'll be right!

Why not?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/guinness-pro14-final-set-for-celtic-park-07vfnjnrt

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2019, 12:32 AM
Its the second worst draw we could have had ( Celtic away being the worst ) and there's no escaping the fact. But the beauty of football is no matter the opposition you always have a chance at home …. anybody hoping to win the cup will invariably meet Celtic at some point, better ER than Celtic park or Hampden.

Even though our record against them is pretty good recently this is a Hibs team at its lowest ebb for three seasons and Celtic are just being, well Celtic. Perhaps this is one of these games where we should just go sod it and try to out score them … take it to them as much as we can with an as attack minded team as we can put out ….. we'll probably get humped :greengrin

Austinho
12-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Rodgers has been managerExactly, we’ve beaten them here convincingly on the last 2 occasions, including earlier this season. Celtic won’t exactly be rubbing their hands with glee at this draw.

Plus Appleton is no stranger to cup giant killings - he knocked Premier League Swansea out of the FA Cup with League 2 Oxford, and beat Newcastle 3-0 in the same competition. Also won away at Birmingham City in the League Cup and Millwall in the EFL Trophy semi final over 2 legs.

Victor
12-02-2019, 02:32 AM
We wont beat Celtic.

That’s the spirit.

Hermit Crab
12-02-2019, 03:18 AM
Home tie. Can’t complain.

HibeeHibernian4
12-02-2019, 03:28 AM
Say we beat celtic.. Semi final will be guaranteed against them.. So will it be played at hampden or Tiny ??

What on earth are you talking about?

HibeeHibernian4
12-02-2019, 03:33 AM
The cognitive dissonance on here is incredible sometimes. No, we did not have 8, 7 or even 6,000 at Ibrox that day. We had 4-5,000 maximum, and took about two thirds of the Broomloan. People are looking back fondly and inflating numbers.

Hermit Crab
12-02-2019, 03:40 AM
Say we beat celtic.. Semi final will be guaranteed against them.. So will it be played at hampden or Tiny ??

Pished?

Hermit Crab
12-02-2019, 03:42 AM
The cognitive dissonance on here is incredible sometimes. No, we did not have 8, 7 or even 6,000 at Ibrox that day. We had 4-5,000 maximum, and took about two thirds of the Broomloan. People are looking back fondly and inflating numbers.

Did you know there wasn’t 900 hibby’s at the 0-3 league match, there was 10,000 because everyone you ask says they were there.

HibeeHibernian4
12-02-2019, 03:44 AM
Did you know there wasn’t 900 hibby’s at the 0-3 league match, there was 10,000 because everyone you ask says they were there.

:greengrin

There were a good 60,000 of us at Hampden for 21/05/16 and all.

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 03:44 AM

Were all of the 10,000 maniacs?

Glory Lurker
12-02-2019, 06:25 AM
Rodgers has been manager

Wheesht! :greengrin

ben johnson
12-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Let’s hope we can beat the Edinburgh attendance kings total for Celtic at home back in 2013 ( 0 7 )
An eye popping 10600 in attendance meaning just over 7000 Hearts fans shoe horned into Tynie.
Not sure if the rugby was on.

Phil MaGlass
12-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Anyone ken when the game date will be finalised.

hibsbollah
12-02-2019, 07:55 AM

You are wrong. (Or miserably looking back and deflating the numbers, if you like)

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Anyone ken when the game date will be finalised.

Sky Sports aren't in the mix to tell us when we're playing after they've given all the best slots to Huddersfield v Watford or whatever pishy EPL is on that week, so hopefully prety quickly. I'd like Friday evening so we know who we want to win the other games.

xyz23jc
12-02-2019, 08:07 AM

It's called Seville Syndrome! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
12-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Sky Sports aren't in the mix to tell us when we're playing after they've given all the best slots to Huddersfield v Watford or whatever pishy EPL is on that week, so hopefully prety quickly. I'd like Friday evening so we know who we want to win the other games.

It won’t be Friday, as we both have games on the Wednesday before

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 08:53 AM
When we beat Old Hun 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox, Hibs announced the number of tickets we sold as 6,400

We sold out the whole upper tier and 3 of the 5 sections in the lower tier.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 09:12 AM

That's true. Championship sides play on Tuesday so I guess that'll be the Friday game (unless they're planning on Saturday morning, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon and Monday evening).

Wakeyhibee
12-02-2019, 09:13 AM
When we beat Old Hun 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox, Hibs announced the number of tickets we sold as 6,400

That's how I remember it, total gate was a little over 40000

Swedish hibee
12-02-2019, 10:36 AM
No treble treble for them then!

Bangkok Hibby
12-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Celtic out....1-0 Hibs

jgl07
12-02-2019, 12:07 PM
No, they play Valencia this week and next.

If they beat Valencia they will be.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-02-2019, 12:10 PM

At the time it was considered disappointing that we didn't sell out.

broondog
12-02-2019, 12:32 PM
while I actually fancy us to beat celtic, how incredibly unlucky are we in draws in general. it would be interesting to see the number of times we have drawn top 6 opposition the last few years compared with theYams, who honestly and as proven time and time again are the luckiest club in the world.

they always avoid tough draws. this year that´s twice in a row they have drawn the easiest team in the draw including a junior team at home you couldn´t make it up.when you think of how well we have done despite being up against it in terms of draws and other factors such as awful refereeing decisions, we´ve done incredibly well in cup competitions in recent times

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 12:34 PM
while I actually fancy us to beat celtic, how incredibly unlucky are we in draws in general. it would be interesting to see the number of times we have drawn top 6 opposition the last few years compared with theYams, who honestly and as proven time and time again are the luckiest club in the world.

they always avoid tough draws. this year that´s twice in a row they have drawn the easiest team in the draw including a junior team at home you couldn´t make it up.when you think of how well we have done despite being up against it in terms of draws and other factors such as awful refereeing decisions, we´ve done incredibly well in cup competitions in recent times

Hearts were knocked out by Celtic for four cups in a row from 2014 to 2015.

Billy Whizz
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Wonder what Hibs will do about tickets in the FFL for this game. If they don’t allow adults to buy tickets in the family section, it will probably lead to a lot of empty seats

HibeeHibernian4
12-02-2019, 12:40 PM
You are wrong. (Or miserably looking back and deflating the numbers, if you like)

Funny that: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/feb/06/match.rangers

"Garry O'Connor headed the opening goal past Ronald Waterreus early in the second half before Ivan Sproule, who scored a hat-trick at Ibrox earlier in the season, doubled the visitors' lead when O'Connor flicked on a Derek Riordan pass. Chris Killen sealed the win for Hibs and sparked jubilant scenes among the 5,000-strong visiting support."

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Rubbish draw for us. Lose and out season is over. Win and we pave the way for Huns, Jambos and Sheep to become the first club outside the favorites to pick up silverware since May 2016.

Teams who knock out the favorites rarely go on to win the tournament. At best we’re doing the dirty work for the rest.

That said - let’s **** those imitations

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 01:07 PM
At the time it was considered disappointing that we didn't sell out.

Honestly? I can't remember that, but I am getting old :wink:.

What I remember most was being thanked by some Celtc Fans for making their weekend. They especially liked the 6k or so Hibbies chanting "We Are The People"

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 01:09 PM

"Garry O'Connor headed the opening goal past Ronald Waterreus early in the second half before Ivan Sproule, who scored a hat-trick at Ibrox earlier in the season, doubled the visitors' lead when O'Connor flicked on a Derek Riordan pass. Chris Killen sealed the win for Hibs and sparked jubilant scenes among the 5,000-strong visiting support."

Either you believe what Hibs announced at the time... or you believe a quote from the Guardian that was merely intended as a rough estimate on their part.

It's entirely up to you.

hibee_girl
12-02-2019, 01:41 PM
If they beat Valencia they will be.

No they won’t as there’s a full SPFL fixture card that midweek

Diclonius
13-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Wonder what Hibs will do about tickets in the FFL for this game. If they don’t allow adults to buy tickets in the family section, it will probably lead to a lot of empty seats

Much like every other game there. :wink:

Keith_M
13-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Will the club have reduced prices for this match, to encourage as big a crowd as possible?

How about:

Adult: £15,

OAPS/Student: £10,

U-16s :£5

South Stand: £100

plhibs
13-02-2019, 02:43 PM

I arrive in Glasgow early March 02nd, is it this weekend you are talking about? (Hoping)

hibee_girl
13-02-2019, 02:52 PM
I arrive in Glasgow early March 02nd, is it this weekend you are talking about? (Hoping)

Yes

Billy Whizz
13-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Yes

Thanks😄

PatHead
13-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Notice that it is being reported that the police are against the Aberdeen match being an evening kick off if they play Sevco.

Wonder if that means our game will be Saturday evening?

plhibs
13-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes

Thanks, you too BW.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 03:48 PM

I’m on the highlights so clearly was there.

Liberal Hibby
13-02-2019, 04:01 PM
What are the chances it will be lunchtime Saturday? Going to be in Edinburgh on the Friday night for a family event and heading back south on the Saturday as have to back in the smoke on the Sunday. Not sure I could stretch to Saturday teatime KO. 12.15/30 would be perfect.

The 90+2
13-02-2019, 04:03 PM
What are the chances it will be lunchtime Saturday? Going to be in Edinburgh on the Friday night for a family event and heading back south on the Saturday as have to back in the smoke on the Sunday. Not sure I could stretch to Saturday teatime KO. 12.15/30 would be perfect.

Premier sports will showcase it for the Irish and it will be the late Saturday if there’s no egg chasing on. Otherwise there’s a good chance.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Premier sports will showcase it for the Irish and it will be the late Saturday if there’s no egg chasing on. Otherwise there’s a good chance.

6 nations not playing that weekend

hibsbollah
13-02-2019, 04:07 PM

Hibs said they sold 6,400. And simply by being there and having some experience of counting you could tell it was correct. Im not sure why you think a guardian estimate was more accurate.

BS44
13-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Does anyone on here happen to have a copy of the terrific picture of Garry O'Connor celebrating his goal in front of the Hibs fans in the Scottish Cup win at Ibrox?

Leith Green
13-02-2019, 06:22 PM

It definitely was all Hibs in the top tier and full , im not sure what game you are thinking of? Remember we played them a couple of seasons later on a sunday , it was a replay we lost 1-0 , mixu was the boss. We only had 2 thirds of the top tier and less than half the bottom tier at that game. There were no huns in the top tier either though

stuart-farquhar
13-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Will the club have reduced prices for this match, to encourage as big a crowd as possible?

How about:

Adult: £15,

OAPS/Student: £10,

U-16s :£5

South Stand: £100

How about " Seniors" and cutting the OAP stuff!

green with envy
13-02-2019, 07:24 PM
I posted on P8 to another poster that we didn't sell out the whole end at the 3-0 game, at that point I never mentioned what tier, I obviously got that part wrong later on during the thread for which I stated later on two separate occasions that I stood corrected and was happy to do so.

Yep, I was also at the Sunday replay. From memory that was the game when Mixu & W smith had a bit of a bust up at the dug out.

Keith_M
13-02-2019, 07:43 PM
How about " Seniors" and cutting the OAP stuff!

Snowflake!

:na na:

Broken Gnome
13-02-2019, 08:03 PM
It definitely was all Hibs in the top tier and full , im not sure what game you are thinking of? Remember we played them a couple of seasons later on a sunday , it was a replay we lost 1-0 , mixu was the boss. We only had 2 thirds of the top tier and less than half the bottom tier at that game. There were no huns in the top tier either though

Top tier definitely wasn't completely full, probably a section and a half empty? And a half full bottom tier.

Either way, looked amazing, was amazing.

green with envy
13-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Top tier definitely wasn't completely full, probably a section and a half empty? And a half full bottom tier.

Either way, looked amazing, was amazing.
I was with my eldest that day and he said the same when I spoke with him last night. Moving on it was a great day none the less.

stuart-farquhar
13-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Snowflake!

:na na:

Kiss my wrinkly old ass!!

Steve-O
14-02-2019, 01:24 AM
We got the whole end when we beat them 3-0 during mowbrays time. We sold 7k plus , the stand holds 8k

I had to miss the game annoyingly, however the footage clearly shows Rangers fans in the corner of the Broomloan, nearest to the main stand. Whether that was the situation in the top tier as well, I can't be sure from the footage.

CMurdoch
14-02-2019, 04:09 PM

They were In My Tribe

Wheat Hound
14-02-2019, 04:10 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1096092130236420096?s=20

Saturday 5.15pm. Nice one!

NthCarolinaHibs
14-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Perfect 🍺🍺🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Liberal Hibby
14-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Grrrr. Not sure I can work round that.

Hibeesmad
14-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Easter Road cup nights under the lights.

BoomtownHibees
14-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Partick v Hearts at 7.05 on the Monday night 😂😂😂

CMurdoch
14-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Keith_M
14-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Kiss my wrinkly old ass!!

I think I'll pass on that one, cheers

Springbank
15-02-2019, 11:30 AM

Has anyone else had a glance at Celtic's upcoming fixtures between now and the Cup game?

Given how close it is in the league at the moment, looks tasty (they won't be resting anyone I should imagine)

Valencia last night

Killie away Sunday,

Valencia away Thursday,

In-Form Motherwell (home) Sunday,

Hearts away Wednesday,

then Easter Road

I have a sneaky feeling the Heck and Robbie will have us in good shape to have a proper tilt at Celtic in this cup game. Mon the Hibs