PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

Jim44
09-02-2019, 04:07 PM
I happened to tune in to this today at about 1.45 pm. I heard Tam Cowan thanking Eddie May (presumably on the phone )who said something I didn’t make out. Cowan then said, “I’ll let you get back to your team talk, now.” Anybody hear this?

BullsCloseHibs
09-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Can't stand the two of those radio pundits. I just don't get them. Two middle aged twats with an axe to grind. Auld hoors!

Billy Whizz
09-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Can't stand the two of those radio pundits. I just don't get them. Two middle aged twats with an axe to grind. Auld hoors!

Best show on the radio in my opinion

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2019, 06:45 PM
always enjoyable show :agree:

bingo70
09-02-2019, 06:47 PM
I happened to tune in to this today at about 1.45 pm. I heard Tam Cowan thanking Eddie May (presumably on the phone )who said something I didn’t make out. Cowan then said, “I’ll let you get back to your team talk, now.” Anybody hear this?

Never heard it but what’s wrong with that?

Is that not quite a civil thing to say?

IrnBru22
09-02-2019, 06:48 PM

I don’t usually listen to the radio but I stick OTB on in the car to away games and have always enjoyed it

GreenCastle
09-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Cringe show just like Only an Excuse needs replaced.

Jim44
09-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Never heard it but what’s wrong with that?

Is that not quite a civil thing to say?

Nothing wrong with ‘that’. Who rattled your cage? My post was simply to find out why Eddie May was on in the first place. I thought somebody might explain what he was on for, without making a drama of it.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2019, 07:04 PM

Nonsense it’s a great show and my regular listen on the way to ER.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2019, 07:05 PM

They had been joking about EM postponing his op for the snip

Glory Lurker
09-02-2019, 07:06 PM
.......middle aged twats with an axe to grind. Auld hoors!

On behalf of about 75% of the posters on here, how very dare you sir????? :take that

:greengrin

Frazerbob
09-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Listen every week, usually via the podcast. Great show, especially as it’s not Old Firm dominated. The guys are proper football fans.

bingo70
09-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with ‘that’. Who rattled your cage? My post was simply to find out why Eddie May was on in the first place. I thought somebody might explain what he was on for, without making a drama of it.

I’m confused.

I didn’t think I was making a drama out of it, I just thought you’d started a thread asking why Cowan has said he’d let our manager go and do his team talk and I thought that would be a normal thing to say to a manager when he’d been interviewed on the radio before a game?

In hindsight is it because Cowans show is normally a comedy type show and not one where they interview managers?

I genuinely never meant to come across argumentative in my reply, apologies if that’s how it came across. I thought you had suggested Cowan had done something wrong in saying what he did which confused me.

Frazerbob
09-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Have to disagree about OTB and to compare it to Only An Excuse is, IMHO, a nonsense.

Jim44
09-02-2019, 07:15 PM
I’m confused.

I didn’t think I was making a drama out of it, I just thought you’d started a thread asking why Cowan has said he’d let our manager go and do his team talk and I thought that would be a normal thing to say to a manager when he’d been interviewed on the radio before a game?

In hindsight is it because Cowans show is normally a comedy type show and not one where they interview managers?

I genuinely never meant to come across argumentative in my reply, apologies if that’s how it came across. I thought you had suggested Cowan had done something wrong in saying what he did which confused me.

No probs. Bingo. I just thought it strange that a manager was being interviewed on that type of programme, an hour before a major match. ( I don’t think that’s a common feature of the programme) I’m still curious as to why he was on it in the first place. I didn’t mean to bite your nose off. :greengrin

JimBHibees
09-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Have to disagree about OTB and to compare it to Only An Excuse is, IMHO, a nonsense.

Totally agree no comparison.

Speedy
09-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Not a regular listener but I quite like Tam Cowan.

Swedish hibee
09-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I like it. I listen to it before watching Hibs tv. I learn more from that than any online Scottish paper!

500miles
09-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Better than anything on talksport.

Jim44
09-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Nice to know everybody’s opinion about the quality of this programme :greengrin, but my original post was really meant to be just an innocent inquiry as to why our manager was being interviewed at that time on a Saturday when he was meant to be preparing his team for an important game. Did anybody hear the whole section of the programme and shed light on the situation?

The 90+2
09-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Its not on the podcast? Just a hun ref and some guy who’s producing a play??

Nakedmanoncrack
09-02-2019, 08:01 PM
I don’t usually listen to the radio but I stick OTB on in the car to away games and have always enjoyed it

:agree:

Some people are never happy.

The 90+2
09-02-2019, 08:02 PM

Some people are never happy.

It did used to be better. Still listen all the time though - unless chick Young’s on.

Cosgrove ripping James Traynor recording is delightful listening

The 90+2
09-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/1RTdzBzRpgU

hibee-boys
09-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Best show on the radio in my opinion

This, the only football radio/tv show than doesn't feel the need to brown nose the once old firm. Always find it entertaining.

bod
09-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Was at a sportsman doo last week & Tam Cowan was on for 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours,very funny & very rude

SouthMoroccoStu
09-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Was at a sportsman doo last week & Tam Cowan was on for 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours,very funny & very rude

I went to a similar thing a good few years ago

He was excellent and had time for everybody that wanted to speak with him

Changed my opinion of him

CmoantheHibs
09-02-2019, 09:22 PM
I like the show. I think it's balanced and funny. They tend to take the piss out of any team depending on what is happening at the time. It helps that both presenters support provincial clubs. Best listen for sports on the radio for me.

Swedish hibee
09-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Nice to know everybody’s opinion about the quality of this programme :greengrin, but my original post was really meant to be just an innocent inquiry as to why our manager was being interviewed at that time on a Saturday when he was meant to be preparing his team for an important game. Did anybody hear the whole section of the programme and shed light on the situation?

I heard it today but to me it was just a comment about getting back to his duties at Hibs- I didn't take anything else out of it. But what was the song at that end? That bit always cuts off online so I never hear the chosen tune!!

Conj
09-02-2019, 11:53 PM
I heard it today but to me it was just a comment about getting back to his duties at Hibs- I didn't take anything else out of it. But what was the song at that end? That bit always cuts off online so I never hear the chosen tune!!

First cut is the deepest

Brizo
10-02-2019, 07:27 AM
I like the show. I think it's balanced and funny. They tend to take the piss out of any team depending on what is happening at the time. It helps that both presenters support provincial clubs. Best listen for sports on the radio for me.

Cosgrove is the only guy in the media who didn't jump on the post SCF outrage bandwagon and the only one in the media who talked any sense about the non disclosure clauses which would prevent the parties involved discussing Lennons departure.

Maybe its because he has a wide and varied non football career he doesn't feel the need to toe the Scottish media party line. Also written some great books about soul and soul culture.

Always find Cowan slightly irritating but that's possibly just his role on the show. Also heard he's a good guy and a very entertaining speaker.

KWJ
10-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Cosgrove is the only guy in the media who didn't jump on the post SCF outrage bandwagon and the only one in the media who talked any sense about the non disclosure clauses which would prevent the parties involved discussing Lennons departure.

Maybe its because he has a wide and varied non football career he doesn't feel the need to toe the Scottish media party line. Also written some great books about soul and soul culture.

Always find Cowan slightly irritating but that's possibly just his role on the show. Also heard he's a good guy and a very entertaining speaker.

Aye, Cowan embarrassed himself suggesting we'd tainted the win. Generally enjoy the show though.