View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Raith

Pages : 1 [2]

09-02-2019, 03:57 PM
I liked Omeonga's contribution when he came on.

When Shaw was attacking down the left, he made a great run into the box to give him options.

We ended with a corner.

Bob Box Fish
09-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Good win lots of positives, Slivka, Milligan, Mcnulty and boy from Genoa looked good when he came on- I would start him in from of Mallan vs Hamilton.

Poor show from the hibs fans just over 7k there.

09-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Poor flag boy 😂

09-02-2019, 04:18 PM
That’s the important thing. Pretty average performance. Midfield still look far too passive. Be good to get the manager in this week.
Frustrating that when Milligan got injured we brought on Whittaker instead of Bigrimana.

Only you would have a go at the midfield after they've controlled a comfortable win at home. Slivka and Milligan were excellent, admit it.

09-02-2019, 04:20 PM
What's the issue with the ticket site ?

There’s been various threads about it. Been shambolic for weeks. Basically it’s been very difficult to book tickets online.

09-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Omeonga deserves a start on Saturday.

09-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Only you would have a go at the midfield after they've controlled a comfortable win at home. Slivka and Milligan were excellent, admit it.

Allowed Raith far too much possession 2nd half. It’s what they do when they don’t have the ball that bothers me.

09-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Some decent moments today. Thought Milligan was MOTM
by a long way. Flo worked well and looks promising for him and McNulty together. They developed a good understanding as the game progressed. Flo just needs a goal. Omeonga looked good when he came on too.

09-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Great to hear that about Slivka in particular.

09-02-2019, 04:27 PM

They were average. It was a professional win but far from impressive.

I look forward to a new manager giving the squad a clean slate, see how he shapes up the midfield. There's not one guaranteed starter from our group of midfielders.

Allowed Raith far too much possession 2nd half. It’s what they do when they don’t have the ball that bothers me.

He had a very good game and should probably have mentioned him in my earlier post.

09-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Done enough today, we still need a creative player in the middle of the park, Milligan played well again as did slivka

09-02-2019, 04:30 PM

No offence but you're not going to get an objective view on Slivka from MWHIBBIES

I agree with Ozy, the midfield are too passive, lack aggression and aren't anywhere near compact enough. Often 30 yards between Milligan and Horgan, just makes us disjointed.

Lots of work to do for the new boss.

09-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Omeonga deserves a start on Saturday.

For Mallan?

09-02-2019, 04:31 PM
sevco get their 47th penalty of the season, this time it was one, keeper saves

09-02-2019, 04:32 PM
He had a very good game and should probably have mentioned him in my earlier post.

I think we have a much better squad and first team than it feels like. Some better fortune on injuries and a manager that can lift heads should see us competing comfortably against every other team in this league. And that's before Scott Allan arrives.

Neil Lennon, the Board and the recruitment team have given the new manager a pretty decent base to build on with those players.

09-02-2019, 04:32 PM
No offence but you're not going to get an objective view on Slivka from MWHIBBIES

I agree with Ozy, the midfield are too passive, lack aggression and aren't anywhere near compact enough. Often 30 yards between Milligan and Horgan, just makes us disjointed.

Milligan’s reading of the game is suberb and he’s got a very decent passing range. Missing big time a player to create space pick a pass and drive or Dylan or Boozy but they kind of gems are hard to find. We should have went baws deep on Turnbull at Motherwell.

09-02-2019, 04:33 PM

What about from Tamig?

H18S NX
Although we won,it was all a bit laboured,Millegan and Slivka were very good,cant say the same about the defending for their goal,still,a wins a win.

Goal and an assist for Slivka, I'll stick with my opinion 👍

Proving me right every week.

09-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Goal and an assist for Slivka, I'll stick with my opinion 👍

Proving me right every week.

He’s ok. We lose most weeks these days so wouldn't say he’s proving you right as such. One of the better ones in a bad bunch perhaps.

Good today. But I’d expect that against a league one side.

09-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Slivka and Horgan were the standouts for me, which was odd because as a unit the midfield were ineffective:dunno:A wins a win however.

09-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Slivka was best player on the pitch by a country mile. Milligan is lost when we lose the ball and was at fault for the Raith goal. Defence in general very composed today.

09-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Good win against poor opposition. RR tried to frustrate from the off but that plan failed as soon as we scored.

Thought Miilligan, Horgan, Stevenson and Slivka were decent but my MOTM was McNulty for his goal and 2nd half performance overall.

We'll need to improve a lot if we want to go further in this competition, but at least something for the new manager to work on.

09-02-2019, 04:46 PM
He’s ok. We lose most weeks these days so wouldn't say he’s proving you right as such. One of the better ones in a bad bunch perhaps.

Good today. But I’d expect that against a league one side.
Hibs losing doesn't make everyone hopeless. Slivka has been good since coming into the side in November.

09-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Hibs losing doesn't make everyone hopeless. Slivka has been good since coming into the side in November.

The problem is people seem to make up their minds too early and generally people don't like admitting they are wrong

09-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Well in control until we lost that cheap goal. Thought Mallan and Horgan were both good today and Slivka in the first half although you have to say Raith were dreadful.

Flo is a big worry as far as I'm concerned, miles off it again today and should have squared it for an open goal for McNulty.

09-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Good win against poor opposition. RR tried to frustrate from the off but that plan failed as soon as we scored.

Thought Miilligan, Horgan, Stevenson and Slivka were decent but my MOTM was McNulty for his goal and 2nd half performance overall.

We'll need to improve a lot if we want to go further in this competition, but at least something for the new manager to work on.

I agree with the others but I thought McNulty was fairly anonymous for the whole time he was on the pitch, his goal apart. Flo worked much harder and was far more involved albeit it didn't come of for him on quite a few occasions. I had Slivka for MOTM with Milligan losing out because of the Raith goal.

09-02-2019, 04:57 PM
The problem is people seem to make up their minds too early and generally people don't like admitting they are wrong

Too early? He’s been here a year and a half and is only a regular because of the players we lost. I don’t think he’s a terrible player. But I don’t think he’s brilliant either.

And I think he was good today. Just dispute the point that his performances prove people wrong etc.

09-02-2019, 04:57 PM
I agree with the others but I thought McNulty was fairly anonymous for the whole time he was on the pitch, his goal apart. Flo worked much harder and was far more involved albeit it didn't come of for him on quite a few occasions. I had Slivka for MOTM with Milligan losing out because of the Raith goal.

McNulty got an assist, a goal and a booking.

He had a better second half but anonymous he wasn't.

09-02-2019, 04:59 PM
I though Slivka, Milligan and Horgan were our best players. Kamberi’s ball control is awful, everything bounces a yard off him or a yard in the air and as for not passing to McNulty when he had a tap in was beyond me. I really like Kamberi and was desperate for him to do well today. We faded badly towards the end and seemed to pick up even more injuries but we won.

It’s something to build on and hopefully the new manager can get it gelling a bit better. 👍

09-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Slivka isn’t great but he’s not that bad either. He rarely makes an impact on a game, whether it’s positive or negative. I’m fairly confident that his next contract won’t be with Hibs and when he does go won’t wont be any better or worse off without him.

Passive is a good way to describe him.

seanshow
09-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Although some couldn't see it against the sheepies, Vicky man of the match 2 wkends on the bounce for me.
He's playing well at the moment long may it continue. :)

09-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Dire, into the last 8, I'll take it.

09-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Slivka isn’t great but he’s not that bad either. He rarely makes an impact on a game, whether it’s positive or negative. I’m fairly confident that his next contract won’t be with Hibs and when he does go won’t wont be any better or worse off without him.

Passive is a good way to describe him.

Thats fair comment for his performance against Aberdeen, not so much today. He was very good.

09-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Well biggest game of the season won..

It wasn’t great - Raith were awful apart from after they scored they picked up the tempo.

Hopefully a new manager brings a freshness to the club as feels stale and I feel we still aren’t match sharp.

Top 6 still possible but we will need to perform better as we will drop points if don’t raise performances.

I can’t actually think the last 90+ minute good performance from full team. Celtic home ?

Someone needs to work with Flo on 1st touch and how to jump and head the ball - his timing and technique rarely sees him win a header.

Lack of wide players means pass pass pass pass and can be very slow at times - needs some speed and width next transfer window.

Slivka best in 1st half and in and out of 2nd but doing his best. Horgan is well before injury.

2 more possible injuries today..Horgan and Milligan..

Thats fair comment for his performance against Aberdeen, not so much today. He was very good.

I'm patiently waiting for him to fulfil his potential, there's a player in there, what did he do that was very good against a third tier team today?

You can get away with being passive off the ball against Raith. Against Aberdeen and the likes though, you have to be able to scrap to win the ball. Not enough of our midfield have that.

09-02-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm patiently waiting for him to fulfil his potential, there's a player in there, what did he do that was very good against a third tier team today?

You can only play who is in front of you and he got a goal and an assist today whilst being neat and tidy in possession. What more do you want from him? :confused:

09-02-2019, 05:12 PM
It's ****ing bizarre how quiet the board is after a win. There's almost a sense of deflation.

It's really, really ****ing weird.

09-02-2019, 05:14 PM
It's ****ing bizarre how quiet the board is after a win. There's almost a sense of deflation.

Yip, it's like some folk on here enjoy us not winning more than us winning so they can come have a moan

09-02-2019, 05:15 PM

It’s not weird at all IMO. People generally vocalise negativity more than positivity. We were expected to win, and there’s much less to debate when we have a comfortable game like today’s.

09-02-2019, 05:17 PM

........ or some might say ‘really ****ing refreshing’. :greengrin

09-02-2019, 05:17 PM
It’s not weird at all IMO. People generally vocalise negativity more than positivity. We were expected to win, and there’s much less to debate when we have a comfortable game like today’s.

Scrabbling about looking for minor gripes rather than thinking "That's a good confidence booster ahead of the new manager coming in". Slivka was good but he was playing third tier opposition for example.

People were more than vocal enough to describe how this was a potential banana skin of a tie in advance, should be pleased we've navigated it with some comfort.

Oh, and GIRFUY John "trackies and button up shirt" McGlynn at the same time too.

09-02-2019, 05:18 PM
You can only play who is in front of you and he got a goal and an assist today whilst being neat and tidy in possession. What more do you want from him? :confused:

I want him to aggressively try and win the ball when we don’t have it. Teams are just breezing through our midfield just now.

09-02-2019, 05:18 PM
........ or some might say ‘really ****ing refreshing’. :greengrin

That Rod Petrie is absolutely the right person to have in charge of our club, don't you think? :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

09-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Scrabbling about looking for minor gripes rather than thinking "That's a good confidence booster ahead of the new manager coming in". Slivka was good but he was playing third tier opposition for example.

People were more than vocal enough to describe how this was a potential banana skin of a tie in advance, should be pleased we've navigated it with some comfort.

Oh, and GIRFUY John "trackies and button up shirt" McGlynn at the same time too.

I don’t see it as a huge confidence booster. We did what we should. Getting a point at Celtic or beating the sheep could have boosted confidence.

Good to win today but nothing major to get excited about. And yet again, two players go off injured.

09-02-2019, 05:19 PM
I want him to aggressively try and win the ball when we don’t have it. Teams are just breezing through our midfield just now.

For ****s sakes, we won today. Comfortably.

09-02-2019, 05:20 PM
For ****s sakes, we won today. Comfortably.

He has a moan about our midfield every single game, and hates it when Milligan plays well, he will be crying into a pint right now!

See the post prior to yours.

Certain posters just seem unwilling to give Slivka any credit. Personally think we should be spending our time writing up a song for him! Hope the new manager appreciates what he’s got to offer.

09-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Certain posters just seem unwilling to give Slivka any credit. Personally think we should be spending our time writing up a song for him! Hope the new manager appreciates what he’s got to offer.

Oh-ee-oh
He's Vykintas Slivka
Oh-ee-oh
Boooooooooooo, you're not tackling enough

09-02-2019, 05:28 PM

And even then there are a lot with negative digs at individual players and the performance.

09-02-2019, 05:30 PM
You’re right but it was more of a general comment rather than about today specifically.

Hibees1973
09-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Good from Hibs today.

With the players we currently have I am more comfortable when Hibs play with back 4. With Boyle out we do lack pace in the team so I feel Gray & Stevenson are better being more defensive and us remaining solid.

Hope we continue with this formation. Hibs no longer have many flair players so we may have to set up being a hard team to beat when we play against the stronger sides. Know this is a change from last season but the squad is a lot weaker now.

A pragmatic approach can often be successful. Important we play 2 up from as well. Having McNulty is a plus.

All we can hope for next round in a home draw.

09-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Much better today regardless of opposition plenty chances created some excellent goals only criticism is the pish goal again we conceded so lazy. Not any failures for me thought Milligan once again was really good and we really miss Horgan directness when he’s not in the team and good to see Mallan playing top of the diamond where he should be. Well done and onto a fresh start next week with the new man at the helm.

09-02-2019, 05:35 PM

He passed the ball very well. He made good decisions. I'm not a kneejerk fan of his, I've criticised him before and I've already discussed the calibre of the opposition but it's unfair to criticise him for not being up against Pogba today. Pogba doesn't play for Raith Rovers.

09-02-2019, 05:43 PM

If that's what the management team wants him to do then they'll let him know. If he doesn't do what they say then he'll be dropped. We have bigi and omeonga that can step into his position.

09-02-2019, 05:51 PM
He passed the ball very well. He made good decisions. I'm not a kneejerk fan of his, I've criticised him before and I've already discussed the calibre of the opposition but it's unfair to criticise him for not being up against Pogba today. Pogba doesn't play for Raith Rovers.

Pogba did used to play for Partick Thistle though.

09-02-2019, 05:54 PM

:agree: Wonder why that is?

09-02-2019, 05:54 PM
A terrible game of football today. They didn't want a doing, and we didn't want injuries or suspensions. We were never in any real danger though.

09-02-2019, 05:55 PM
There’s been various threads about it. Been shambolic for weeks. Basically it’s been very difficult to book tickets online.
In the age of the internet that is a supprised.

09-02-2019, 05:58 PM
It was very windy today so possibly caused few errors.

Pitch also didn’t look great.

09-02-2019, 05:59 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

09-02-2019, 06:00 PM
We got the job done and never looked like we where going to lose. Bar the shaky moment in defence we cruised it. **** sake we are in the quarts of the cup after pissing a match many said we would lose.

09-02-2019, 06:00 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

Your Haiku isn’t half depressing.

09-02-2019, 06:01 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

09-02-2019, 06:03 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

Like I said on the other one - you are a troll fud.

09-02-2019, 06:11 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

You could have just left it at the top line but you had to add some negativity....

09-02-2019, 06:12 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

😂😂😂😂

Have a pint and chill out ffs, we're in the quarter final.

09-02-2019, 06:14 PM
:agree: Wonder why that is?
It’s not that difficult to work out imo.

After a bad result

Person 1: we were pish
Person 2: no we weren’t
Person 1: Yes we
Person 1: yes we were

repeat for 20 pages

After a good result

Person 1: That was good
Person 2 : I agree

end of discussion

09-02-2019, 06:16 PM
It’s not that difficult to work out imo.

After a bad result

Person 1: we were pish
Person 1: Yes we
Person 1: yes we were

repeat for 20 pages

After a good result

Person 1: That was good
Person 2 : I agree

end of discussion

Precisely.

09-02-2019, 06:16 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

You can’t even get haiku syllable numbers right. Bog off

09-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Good result, it was a potential bannana skin, job done and into the next round, cant ask for more.

09-02-2019, 06:25 PM
A win is a win

We are pathetic

Relegation cannon fodder

This post has convinced me you are definitely a troll. Your pal tonyrougier pulled me up about it after Wednesday night but if this post isn’t set out to stir things and wind people up I don’t know what is. Quite sad and pathetic.

04Sauzee
09-02-2019, 06:33 PM
After a bad run of form, managerial upheaval and injury problems i'm glad of a win.
Well done the cabbage

09-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Your Haiku isn’t half depressing.

The Hibees go through
Against Raith Rovers F.C.
Booooooooo. Booooooooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Booooooooo! Boooooooo.

09-02-2019, 06:38 PM
This post has convinced me you are definitely a troll. Your pal tonyrougier pulled me up about it after Wednesday night but if this post isn’t set out to stir things and wind people up I don’t know what is. Quite sad and pathetic.

09-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Was never going to be pretty but a professional performance...tell you what, was freezing standing watching

09-02-2019, 06:43 PM
The Hibees go through
Against Raith Rovers F.C.
Booooooooo. Booooooooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Booooooooo! Boooooooo.

😂😂😂 change go through to go marching on 👍

09-02-2019, 06:44 PM
After a bad run of form, managerial upheaval and injury problems i'm glad of a win.
Well done the cabbage

No fights in the stands either. I was kind of thinking that Tony Blair guy would get lynched by our unionist cashie boy fraternity, screaming 'one Neil Lennon' and 'chucky ar la' in angry response but nothing. It was almost disappointing.

Scotty Leither
09-02-2019, 07:04 PM

We won a game against a **** team. Nae deflation in that regard but there's wider issues afoot.

Partyraiser
09-02-2019, 07:07 PM
A good win against poor opposition. Raith held the ball off us well at times (probably due to how passive our midfield were out of possession!) but didn't really create much. Agree with those who gave Slivka the motm, I just wish he could find some level of consistency. Hopefully a home tie against auchinleck in the next round :cb

09-02-2019, 08:07 PM

You could apply this to most discussions about Hibs and indeed life in general!

09-02-2019, 08:29 PM
I would have taken anyone from Mallan, Horgan, Slivka, Stevenson or McGregor for my man of the match today.

Good all round performance.

09-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Not a pretty performance by any means but we got the job done and secured our place in the draw for the next round which is the main thing at the end of the day.

Got to agree with the OP, I was slightly nervous about today as I knew Raith would be right up for it and we haven't been great recently but although we didn't play great, they never really threatened us much.

09-02-2019, 08:37 PM
I would have taken anyone from Mallan, Horgan, Slivka, Stevenson or McGregor for my man of the match today.

Good all round performance.

Hmm not sure about that one tbh, thought he had a few shaky moments today. Him and Hanlon didn't have good games today.

09-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Hmm not sure about that one tbh, thought he had a few shaky moments today. Him and Hanlon didn't have good games today.

Come on. They haven’t been great for last few weeks but both were very assured today

09-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Come on. They haven’t been great for last few weeks but both were very assured today

Milligan had a lot to do with that.