PDA

View Full Version : It's Appleton

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Being reported now by some guys like BT that talks have broken down. Heckingbottom clear fav now.

GloryGlory
I wonder why he's KB'd it? :confused:

Petrie! :confused:

PS Who knows if he has or hasn't? Chinese whispers do not a fact make.

BoyledEgg
What a shambles the club is if they don’t get this done

oldbutdim
12-02-2019, 12:18 PM
I've just been told by a relative of a player that Appleton KB'd the job last night and again after he was approached this morning.

Now, I have no idea how much truth is in this but have no reason to doubt what I was told, i'm just passing on what I was told.

PS: I was really warming to Appleton becoming our next manager and still hope that he will be our next man in charge.

Darrell Currie confirming this.

Turkish Green
I've just been told by a relative of a player that Appleton KB'd the job last night and again after he was approached this morning.

Now, I have no idea how much truth is in this but have no reason to doubt what I was told, i'm just passing on what I was told.

PS: I was really warming to Appleton becoming our next manager and still hope that he will be our next man in charge.

i am not shooting the messenger but it seems strange that a player is privy to discussions.

Oops! It appears that he was. Stranger still.

The 90+2
Petrie! :confused:

PS Who knows if he has or hasn't? Chinese whispers do not a fact make.

PR disaster looming.

oldbutdim
12-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Why's that?

:confused:

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 12:19 PM
PR disaster looming.

I was being sarcastic re Petrie.

Why is it a PR disaster? Someone may or may not have been offered a job. Someone may or may not have decided not to take the job.

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Shambles, disgrace, disaster, conspiracy etc

Northern Hibby
12-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Searching tinternet still seems to be on!

Bostonhibby
12-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Shambles, disgrace, disaster, conspiracy etcIt's one of them ponzi things that's to blame.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 12:25 PM
42 hours to go!

LancsHibs
12-02-2019, 12:26 PM
I wonder why he's KB'd it? :confused:

Didn’t fancy Celtic in the cup??

J-C
12-02-2019, 12:26 PM

PR disaster looming.

Why is it a shambles and PR disaster, we have a certain amount of money and if it's coming down to that then we can't just throw whatever he wants at him, this isn't England with their loads of tv money.

WhileTheChief..
12-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Shambles, disgrace, disaster, conspiracy etc

Or a close escape!

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Lol

broondog
12-02-2019, 12:28 PM
can´t see any sources confirming this.nothing inline whatsoever

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Or a close escape!

Yeah, hibbies (and undercover yams) in uproar over non appointment of manager they were underwhelmed by. LOL.

Scotty Leither
12-02-2019, 12:30 PM
The issue is the buy out clause if another, bigger club comes calling. Fully expect it to be sorted out and him appointed today or tomorrow. SkyBet offering 2/1 Appleton. I’ve jumped on to the tune of a big note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard similar - if we pay him off in the future or he resigns, the severance he wants is 12 months payment and Hibs want to offer 3 months hence the "delay in negotiations".

We've went back to the other guy Heckingbottom who has told Hibs he won't be second choice to anyone.

...and so the delay goes on.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Why is it a shambles and PR disaster, we have a certain amount of money and if it's coming down to that then we can't just throw whatever he wants at him, this isn't England with their loads of tv money.

It would only be a PR disaster if we had actually put an announcement on the official site claiming he was the new head coach, surely?

This is why Hibs don't announce things until they are actually done, although it is much to the chagrin of the "I demand a statement" brigade.

Jim44
12-02-2019, 12:32 PM

I don’t know how you can say this. All the rumours, chat and information didn’t emanate from the club. We really can’t even be sure that he is/was the no 1 target. If he was and wouldn’t accept the conditions and money offered by the club, there’s not a lot they could do about it. Some compromise from both sides is required to seal a deal and if it doesn’t work out, then they have to walk away from it. Disappointing, as it certainly ‘appeared’ promising, but we move on.

Liberal Hibby
It would only be a PR disaster if we had actually put an announcement on the official site claiming he was the new head coach, surely?

This is why Hibs don't announce things until they are actually done, although it is much to the chagrin of the "I demand a statement" brigade.

Quite.

Callum_62
Hibs - through there manager confirmed a new man would be in place this week

If its not, it doesnt paint the club in a good light at all

Come on guys, if this was Hearts we would be ripping into them

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Appleton is clearly our preferred choice otherwise we wouldn't have been in these discussions with him. If it comes down to something as minor as the margin of difference for an additional 9 months severance I'll be pretty disappointed. But then we'll never actually know.

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:33 PM
I've heard similar - if we pay him off in the future or he resigns, the severance he wants is 12 months payment and Hibs want to offer 3 months hence the "delay in negotiations".

We've went back to the other guy Heckingbottom who has told Hibs he won't be second choice to anyone.

I bet he would be if the club was Real Madrid.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:34 PM
I don’t know how you can say this. All the rumours, chat and information didn’t emanate from the club. We really can’t even be sure that he is/was the no 1 target. If he was and wouldn’t accept the conditions and money offered by the club, there’s not a lot they could do about it. Some compromise from both sides is required to seal a deal and if it doesn’t work out, then they have to walk away from it. Disappointing, as it certainly ‘appeared’ promising, but we move on.

Agreed - but Eddie May should have kept quiet then. Thats what makes us look unprofessional and a bit all of the place if this has indeed broken down

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 12:36 PM

This post has a familiar 'tone' to others I've read recently. A pattern of having a pop at the club, finished with a link to Hearts.

Hmmmm....

green with envy
Agreed - but Eddie May should have kept quiet then. Thats what makes us look unprofessional and a bit all of the place if this has indeed broken down

Or him for that matter.

Speedway

That’ll be why he’s not a manager.

Bobby's Cinema
12-02-2019, 12:37 PM
The club are correct to take their time.

As other have mentioned it hasnt actually been that long since Lennon left.

It just feels like a LONG period of nothing happening in the transfer window and no football has continued on to now waiting over the manager.

I don't think Mays continued absolute reluctance was necessery or helpful in this. Could have definitely toned it down.

Will be disappointing now if by Saturday the man in charge is still a man who doesn't want to be there.

Leitherhibs
12-02-2019, 12:37 PM

To be fair to Eddie, he’s looked uncomfortable from day one in front of the media, put him in a place he’s never wanted to be. Think he’ll probably end up saying things that in hindisght he might rather have kept quiet.

timewilltell
12-02-2019, 12:38 PM

Just not true. Stop making things up.

The_Horde
12-02-2019, 12:38 PM
The club are correct to take their time.

As other have mentioned it hasnt actually been that long since Lennon left.

It just feels like a LONG period of nothing happening in the transfer window and no football has continued on to now waiting over the manager.

I don't think Mays continued absolute reluctance was necessery or helpful in this. Could have definitely toned it down.

Will be disappointing if by Saturday the man in charge is still a man who doesn't want to be there.

Hibs cannot be defended if they don't give us an update this time. Supporters deserve to know what's going on this time, we're a laughing stock and deserve an explanation.

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
PR disaster looming.

Manager that no one really knew of a week ago, some how not taking the job (if he was actually offered it and it isn't just people making stories up because they've not got actual facts to report on) means that there's some sort of PR disaster looming?

Talk me through that one please?

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Hibs cannot be defended if they don't give us an update this time. Supporters deserve to know what's going on this time, we're a laughing stock and deserve an explanation.

What a panic merchant.

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 12:40 PM
No we aren't. Unless you are referring to those who wish us to be a laughing stock inside their petty minds.

Callum_62
This post has a familiar 'tone' to others I've read recently. A pattern of having a pop at the club, finished with a link to Hearts.

Hmmmm....

Aye 5000 posts and im a hearts fan :rolleyes:

This place is bonkers - folk are allowed to have an opinion against the club being ace

Its allowed without being anti-board

And its also true, if hearts we losing there first choice candidate after announcing they'd have a new man, we would, quite rightly, be ripping into them

Leitherhibs

Lol, this. Always cracks me up when folk post the finer details of contract negotiations that can’t be agreed between two parties as fact.

Bobby's Cinema
12-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure what you want mate :dunno:

Scotty Leither
12-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Yes sir...why don't you go the full hog and call me an "undercover yam" or some other tired cliched *****?

J-C
12-02-2019, 12:42 PM

And repeat every few minutes until someone, ANYONE agrees with you.

You have absolutely zero knowledge of why there is no statement from the club and if the new man might be starting anytime soon, he doesn't have to start exactly when you say so. Have some bloody patience.

SquashedFrogg

Why would Hibs have to update the fans on speculation? That would be bizarre.

Jim44

Where does all this detailed nonsense come from? Is it controlled leaks from the club or is it guesswork or sheer fiction.

Captain Trips
12-02-2019, 12:43 PM

This place is bonkers - folk are allowed to have an opinion against the club being ace

And its also true, if hearts we losing there first choice candidate after announcing they'd have a new man, we would, quite rightly, be ripping into them

I would have to agree with this, we must be quite far down the line with this deal and for it not to go through would be poor in all honesty.

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Throughout this thread you've argued its ridiculous we don't know what's going on and now something MIGHT have happened that some fans are saying casts the club in bad light you have an extremely in depth insight to all the ongoing talks in regards to the discussions with both parties?

That's either extremely fortuitous or you just enjoy winding up Hibs fans....

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Yes sir...why don't you go the full hog and call me an "undercover yam" or some other tired cliched *****?

What might be an example of an energetic cliche?

superfurryhibby

Aye, but have you ever actually posted a positive comment on here about Hibs?

LTYF.....

SquashedFrogg

Never even suggested you were. Although to be honest the number of posts is irrelevant in any case.

You writing style just seemed familiar. Maybe just me.

Why the fascination with Hearts though?

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:47 PM
And repeat every few minutes until someone, ANYONE agrees with you.

You have absolutely zero knowledge of why there is no statement from the club and if the new man might be starting anytime soon, he doesn't have to start exactly when you say so. Have some bloody patience.

we are of course reacting to press reports of the deal being dead for the manager we wanted

which is only natural for a message board after all

If Hibs appoint there number 1 choice this week then well done - failing that then, well, not well done.

Eddie must be as anxious as us to get the new man in....he surely doesnt want to do Thursdays presser :greengrin

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Who said he was our first choice candidate? He was bookies favourite and the the papers decided he was our first choice candidate. There's not even been any ITK posters saying he's the number one priority, the whole thing seems to have come from the bookies odds and some fans deciding he's their number one choice based on some positive articles about him.

The only shambles and laughing stock about this whole process has been how quickly some fans are ready to give our club a kicking, it's like many have just been waiting gleefully for anything to happen that can allow them to get angry.

Speedway
12-02-2019, 12:48 PM
we are of course reacting to press reports of the deal being dead for the manager we wanted

If Hibs appoint there number 1 choice this week then well done - failing that then, well, not well done.

Eddie must be as anxious as us to get the new man in....he surely doesnt want to do Thursdays presser :greengrin

I thought he was the manager we were underwhelmed by?

Captain Trips
12-02-2019, 12:48 PM

We actually do not know if he was the first choice though. He may have the the only candidite that we got this far down the road with. Our first choice may have said no before we even got anywhere.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Never even suggested you were. Although to be honest the number of posts is irrelevant in any case.

You writing style just seemed familiar. Maybe just me.

Why the fascination with Hearts though?

Yeah I joined in 2002 as a sleeper cell for an alternative account :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
12-02-2019, 12:50 PM

How do you know who our number 1 choice is? Also how could you possibly tell it was the clubs fault that they didn’t get him signed?

J-C
12-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Why?
Do you actually believe we always get the right man we go for, could it possibly be that he is the right guy but has asked for maybe too much and we can't accommodate him, so we move to someone who wants to be here, also we know absolutely nothing about anything, far too many knickers getting into twists here, get a grip ffs man.

The Sundance Kid
12-02-2019, 12:51 PM
David Hardie in the Evening News now reporting that Heckingbottom is the favourite for the job once more after Appleton talks stall

Callum_62
We actually do not know if he was the first choice though. He may have the the only candidite that we got this far down the road with. Our first choice may have said no before we even got anywhere.

Thats true....regardless the point is the same. They must have been pretty far down the road for May to announce it on Saturday

If it all falls through it makes, IMHO, the club look poor

A lesson in there to kept stum until its actually done I guess

Bostonhibby
Yeah I joined in 2002 as a sleeper cell for an alternative account :rolleyes:Seems a long time to bide right enough. Hearts have gone bust, endured poppygate and nearly built an over budget single tier stand in the interim[emoji6]

Heisenberg
12-02-2019, 12:52 PM
EEN reporting we are still talking to both Appleton and Heckingbottom, with the talks for Appleton currently stalling. David Hardie wrote the story but it seemed like a lot of guesswork, which isn’t usually the case for him. No one has a clue what’s actually happening.

Mcpakeisgod
12-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Wit a laugh

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Why?
Do you actually believe we always get the right man we go for, could it possibly be that he is the right guy but has asked for maybe too much and we can't accommodate him, so we move to someone who wants to be here, also we know absolutely nothing about anything, far too many knickers getting into twists here, get a grip ffs man.

if hes asked for too much, our interim manager shouldn't have been announcing his last game on Saturday

Seems pretty straight forward to me

Heisenberg
12-02-2019, 12:53 PM
if hes asked for too much, our interim manager shouldn't have been announcing his last game on Saturday

The board are clearly confident of making an appointment before Saturday. Let’s see if that happens.

J-C
12-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Thats true....regardless the point is the same. They must have been pretty far down the road for May to announce it on Saturday

If it all falls through it makes, IMHO, the club look poor

A lesson in there to kept stum until its actually done I guess

IT DOES NOT MAKE THE CLUB LOOK POOR, contract talks can stall for a number of reasons, when do you think we need to appoint someone so they can be in the dugout on saturday, we could announce him friday and he can still be there at the weekend.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 12:55 PM
So many experts, so few facts.

J-C
12-02-2019, 12:56 PM

And again, May will have no knowledge of the negotiations, he hasn't got a bloody crystal ball.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:57 PM
IT DOES NOT MAKE THE CLUB LOOK POOR, contract talks can stall for a number of reasons, when do you think we need to appoint someone so they can be in the dugout on saturday, we could announce him friday and he can still be there at the weekend.

Realistically by the end of tomorrow. Failing that he should be in the stand (which is fairly normal i believe)

You can write in caps all you want, wont make me change my mind that we were wrong to confirm the interims last game without the deal for someone else being done

Scotty Leither
Throughout this thread you've argued its ridiculous we don't know what's going on and now something MIGHT have happened that some fans are saying casts the club in bad light you have an extremely in depth insight to all the ongoing talks in regards to the discussions with both parties?

That's either extremely fortuitous or you just enjoy winding up Hibs fans....

"Throughout the thread"? What, all five contributions I've posted?

I'll leave you to it now though boys and girls, as all this being called a yam/Hearts fud and the like is really hurting my feelings.

GloryGlory

Exactly.

Two parties to a negotiation.

Two possible outcomes:

1) They come to an agreement
2) They don't.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 12:58 PM
And again, May will have no knowledge of the negotiations, he hasn't got a bloody crystal ball.

so he shouldn't have mentioned it then

Peevemor

Maybe not. Who gives a toss?

Bostonhibby
So many experts, so few facts.It's true to say the club haven't actually said who they are interviewing or who their
targets are. I'm happy with that given how the media in particular spout out stories.

GoalsMcGinley
12-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Eddie May will 100% have been aware of the situation BEFORE stating he wouldn’t be in charge this weekend and the new man would be in. He’s just not going to make that up off his own back.

The club is shown in a poor light here if we do not get Appleton as it’s been clear for almost a week he’s the one they’re after!

scooby
12-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Hibs in a difficult negotiating position if reports are true that both candidates share the same agent.

Rumble de Thump
12-02-2019, 01:01 PM

He has been repeatedly asked the question. He gave his thoughts. He probably didn't realise anyone would act like Sir Tom Farmer had made an official announcement on the recruitment process.

Brightside
12-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Maybe not. Who gives a toss?

:greengrin Exactly. People need a hobby. Is there nothing to do in New Zealand?

Gettin' Auld
12-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Like the folk on here, the media are just guessing about what's going on.

I couldn't give a **** who gets the job, the club will have decided that he's the best candidate and we move on. No one will ever know if he was always No1 on the clubs radar or not.

Someone is supposed to be in place for the weekend and hopefully that'll be the case.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 01:03 PM
He has been repeatedly asked the question. He gave his thoughts. He probably didn't realise anyone would act like Sir Tim Farmer had made an official announcement on the recruitment process.

he didnt think fans would think we would 100% have our new man this week?

thats odd.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 01:05 PM
48 hour countdown timer stopped.

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 01:05 PM
48 hour countdown timer stopped.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Liberal Hibby
12-02-2019, 01:06 PM
The club is shown in a poor light here if we do not get Appleton as it’s been clear for almost a week he’s the one they’re after!

Is it - the club has said nothing about who they are pursuing or who they have interviewed.

And rightly so - even if it annoys those demanding we win the club statement league. They will issue a statement when there is something to state.

Rumble de Thump
12-02-2019, 01:06 PM
he didnt think fans would think we would 100% have our new man this week?

thats odd.

Yeah, one for Mulder and Scully.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:07 PM
It's been widely reported in the media that Appleton has been in talks and has been our number 1 target.
It's now being reported talks have stalled with the supposed number 1 target.

Now I'm of the opinion of waiting for the right fit for whatever reason, Club and applicant however I can't understand why it wouldn't be viewed from the outside as a PR disaster for the club that talks have broken down with whats been reported as target number 1?

It's will piss off loads of supporters who will throw any accusation at the club/Petrie/Dempster and give other fans a right good laugh. We would do exactly the same had it been over the road or when Steve Clarke and McInness reportedly bumped Rangers.

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Turning into a right flustercluck!!!

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Is it - the club has said nothing about who they are pursuing or who they have interviewed.

And rightly so - even if it annoys those demanding we win the club statement league. They will issue a statement when there is something to state.
A wee part of me hopes that Hibs pull an previously unmentioned rabbit out of the hat just to see the furious wailing and gnashing of teeth on this forum.....

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 01:09 PM
"Throughout the thread"? What, all five contributions I've posted?

I'll leave you to it now though boys and girls, as all this being called a yam/Hearts fud and the like is really hurting my feelings.

I didn't call you a hearts fan, I called you a wind up merchant.

Hibs90
12-02-2019, 01:10 PM
People can't wait to jump the gun and get on at the board just going by the slightest bit of information eh whether its true or false

Jim44
Eddie May will 100% have been aware of the situation BEFORE stating he wouldn’t be in charge this weekend and the new man would be in. He’s just not going to make that up off his own back.

So the club will be shown in a poor light if we do not get the man who Tom, Dick and Harry guessed was the main target?

B.H.F.C
He has been repeatedly asked the question. He gave his thoughts. He probably didn't realise anyone would act like Sir Tom Farmer had made an official announcement on the recruitment process.

May never gave his thoughts. He said he had been told that the new man would be in and be in charge of the Hamilton game.

That wasn’t his thoughts. It was what was communicated to him.

J-C
12-02-2019, 01:11 PM
It's been widely reported in the media that Appleton has been in talks and has been our number 1 target.

Now I'm of the opinion of waiting for the right fit for whatever reason, Club and applicant however I can't understand why it wouldn't be viewed from the outside as a PR disaster for the club that talks have broken down with whats been reported as target number 1?

It's will piss off loads of supporters who will throw any accusation at the club/Petrie/Dempster and give other fans a right good laugh. We would do exactly the same had it been over the road or when Steve Clarke and McInness reportedly bumped Rangers.

Again we don't know why talks have stalled, what if Appleton was being a dick and wanted too much money and far too many extras in his contract that we were unwilling to agree to due to not being a multi million pound football club, would that show us in a bad light?

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Like the folk on here, the media are just guessing about what's going on.

I couldn't give a **** who gets the job, the club will have decided that he's the best candidate and we move on. No one will ever know if he was always No1 on the clubs radar or not.

Someone is supposed to be in place for the weekend and hopefully that'll be the case.

:greengrin Remember we were also "reportedly" still interviewing candidates yesterday.

You should take everything you read in the "news"papers with a Siberian salt mine's worth of sodium chloride. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
12-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Are you still standing by your assertion that Michael Appleton attended Celtic Park last week as a guest of the club?

flash
12-02-2019, 01:15 PM

You made that up admit it.

Jim44
May never gave his thoughts. He said he had been told that the new man would be in and be in charge of the Hamilton game.

:agree: I was just about to post the same. I’m on the club’s side in the way they’ve handled this situation, but I would concede that their announcement about the new guy being in post for the next match was hasty and ill-advised.

One Day Soon
Again we don't know why talks have stalled, what if Appleton was being a dick and wanted too much money and far too many extras in his contract that we were unwilling to agree to due to not being a multi million pound football club, would that show us in a bad light?

For all we know hes's been throwing chairs around in the interviews and and harassing Kamberi by text...

J-C
12-02-2019, 01:18 PM
For all we know hes's been throwing chairs around in the interviews and and harassing Kamberi by text...

:faf::faf:

The over reaction to everything here at the moment is laughable, there must be a huge amount of knickers getting washed in households all over Edinburgh right now.

Keith_M
12-02-2019, 01:19 PM

He also asked why we wouldn't give him the 150k to buy Griffiths. He then threw a Glass of wine over Petrie and said Leeann was 'a bit butch'.

Disgraceful behaviour!

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:20 PM

Yes it will, as that will never be revealed. All that we know is our reported number 1 targets talks have stalled according to the press.

Jim44
12-02-2019, 01:21 PM

If we’re dealing with fiction, let’s at least get the facts sounding convincing. If a manager resigns, I would assume he would be entitled to diddly squat.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Are you still standing by your assertion that Michael Appleton attended Celtic Park last week as a guest of the club?

I don't know. I never seen him. I posted where I got my info' from before the match. Pardon me for doing so if incorrect, it won't happen again :rolleyes:

Steve20

Heckingbottom would be lucky to get this job considering his record. I doubt he'd tell us he won't be second choice. He should jump at the chance if offered. I still trust Hibs to find better than him though.

Hopefully we get the Appleton deal sorted and over the line soon.

Smartie
:agree: I was just about to post the same. I’m on the club’s side in the way they’ve handled this situation, but I would concede that their announcement about the new guy being in post for the next match was hasty and ill-advised.

:agree:

I wondered why Eddie May would be so open about this?

Hibs are normally very good at saying nothing until a deal is over the line and a transfer/ contract/ whatever is confirmed.

It was a bit careless of him/ Hibs to give the impression that something was imminent when there was still even the tiniest of chances it could fall through.

Surely Hibs should have sent him out there with something like this -

EM "I'm being kept in the loop, and I know Hibs are working hard towards putting a new man in place. I'll be here doing this until that happens, and it hopefully won't be too long now until I can go back to my old job".

If pushed further he doesn't need to commit to anything.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Maybe we won’t finish in the top four under Appleton after all.

ahibby
12-02-2019, 01:23 PM
:greengrin Remember we were also "reportedly" still interviewing candidates yesterday.

You should take everything you read in the "news"papers with a Siberian salt mine's worth of sodium chloride. :greengrin

Seems it depends on whose article you read. If Sundays article is to believed the target date for the manager signing was always tomorrow (Wednesday). That being the case all parties knew that some details were still to be agreed, and that doesn't mean talks have stalled or hit a snag.

JeMeSouviens
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Just waiting on the "It's not Appleton" thread ...

Pretty Boy
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
From my point of view I find it refreshing that following on from S.Gerrard, people are willing to have a go in the much maligned and slagged off Scottish system.
Hopefully he will get two/three years minimum and give it a right good go.
I don't think he will turn into a "Calderwood / Fenlon " type debacle certainly.
Time will tell but I'm glad we've looked outside the Scottish bubble

Is the 'Scottish bubble' even a thing now?

In recent years we have seen, with varying success, guys like Rodgers, Stubbs, Kearney, Fenlon, Robinson, Clarke, Wright, Johansson, Delia, Caixinha, Waarburton, Lomas, Fenlon, Baraclough and Laszlo come to Scotland and ply their trade. I know some of them played here but none of them had managed here prior to their 1st appointment. That's just off the top of my head.

There seems a tendency to downplay how decent a job Hibs is specifically and what the league offers more generally. It's a far more attractive proposition that we give it credit for.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 01:26 PM
:faf::faf:

The over reaction to everything here at the moment is laughable, there must be a huge amount of knickers getting washed in households all over Edinburgh right now.

I often wonder how some people function in life based on their overreaction to something they know nothing about.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 01:26 PM
If we’re dealing with fiction, let’s at least get the facts sounding convincing. If a manager resigns, I would assume he would be entitled to diddly squat.

Exactly.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Just waiting on the "It's not Appleton" thread ...

I'll give it till 5.

J-C
12-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Yes it will, as that will never be revealed. All that we know is our reported number 1 targets talks have stalled according to the press.

Who reported Appleton as our number 1 target, certainly not Hibernian F.C. it's been all bookmakers, Twitter and message board nonsense, jeez someone even mentioned Owen Coyle had been interviewed only for everyone to find out he was still in USA at the time.

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 01:28 PM
I often wonder how some people function in life based on their overreaction to something they know nothing about.

That is an absolutely ****ing outrageous statement.

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 01:30 PM
#announceJimmyCalderwood

oldbutdim

WHAT!!!!!

I thought that was a standard clause in an employment contract....... 12 months pay for resigning...........

Have to go now. See if I can catch the postman before my resignation letter is delivered.

SquashedFrogg
That is an absolutely ****ing outrageous statement.

😀

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Who reported Appleton as our number 1 target, certainly not Hibernian F.C. it's been all bookmakers, Twitter and message board nonsense, jeez someone even mentioned Owen Coyle had been interviewed only for everyone to find out he was still in USA at the time.

David Hardie reported it. Many other papers have reported it.

Therefore it doesn't look good for the club in regard to hysterical Hibs fans who will, and have jumped on the penny pinching bandwaggon + anyone not a Hibee. An announcement needs to be made to bring us all together again and get the feel good factor back to the club. Reportedly stalling in touch with the man we want for the job doesn't really help matters.

Rumble de Thump
12-02-2019, 01:33 PM

I don't recall him saying that had been communicated to him. He may just have assumed that everything would be finalised in the coming week, which it may be. He certainly seemed to think it would be but it's not finalised until the club confirms it in an official statement.

green day
12-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Therefore it doesn't look good for the club in regard to hysterical Hibs fans who will, and have jumped on the penny pinching bandwaggon + anyone not a Hibee. An announcement needs to be made to bring us all together again and get the feel good factor back to the club. Reportedly stalling in touch with the man we want for the job doesn't really help matters.

Drivel.

If we got to the final stages and his agent asked for double salary or 1.5 times transfer budget, that would also stop the bus, no?

All this pish about "penny pinching" - dont you think its maybe feasible that Hibs talked to him about money before today?

And is it then also feasible that the "stumbling block" isnt Hibs?

So many people on here desperate, utterly desperate for something to be Hibs fault its tedious.

Jim44
12-02-2019, 01:36 PM
I don't recall him saying that had been communicated to him. He may just have assumed that everything would be finalised in the coming week, which it may be. He certainly seemed to think it would be but it's not finalised until the club confirms it in an official statement.

There was definitely a news announcement that May had been told that he would not be in the caretaker post for the Hamilton game.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Should have just kept Lennon 😅

J-C

Again a report from the press and not the club itself, until we announce the new manager everything written is pure speculation, did anyone expect Solskjaer to get the Man U gig till the end of the season, everyone had Pochettino to be firm favourite for it.

The 90+2
Drivel.

If we got to the final stages and his agent asked for double salary or 1.5 times transfer budget, that would also stop the bus, no?

All this pish about "penny pinching" - dont you think its maybe feasible that Hibs talked to him about money before today?

So many people on here desperate, utterly desperate for something to be Hibs fault its tedious.

I said people will jump to that conclusion.

Maybe this, maybe that, maybe anything I doubt we will ever know.

All that's known is the reported number 1 target by the media/press and the club have stalled with talks therefore PR wise it doesn't look good.

I'm in no way at all desperate to find something the club is at fault for either.

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Should have just kept Lennon 😅

:faf: It would certainly have been a lot simpler...

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Again a report from the press and not the club itself, until we announce the new manager everything written is pure speculation, did anyone expect Solskjaer to get the Man U gig till the end of the season, everyone had Pochettino to be firm favourite for it.

I understand it's from the press and not the club and I understand that and I'm not criticizing the club.

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Drivel.

Idea for a message board: every so often have a massive random whittling of the population Avengers:Infinity Wars style.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
There was definitely a news announcement that May had been told that he would not be in the caretaker post for the Hamilton game.

He spoke after the 3-1 win over Raith Rovers, and said: "That will be my last game and I am delighted to go out on a win.
"The new man is coming in and at least we are in the quarter-final."

"I have been told this was my last game and that the new man will come - I was told about five minutes before kick-off. I won't be in charge for the Hamilton game.

green day
12-02-2019, 01:44 PM
I said people will jump to that conclusion.

Maybe this, maybe that, maybe anything I doubt we will ever know.

All that's known is the reported number 1 target by the media/press and the club have stalled with talks therefore PR wise it doesn't look good.

I'm in no way at all desperate to find something the club is at fault for either.

When did Hibs say he was the #1 target?

w pilton hibby
12-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Wit a laugh

Guid innit!

sean04
12-02-2019, 01:47 PM

When we did a series of interviews and offered him the job

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 01:47 PM

You don't know that.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Here was what he said as quoted on Sky.

"I have been told this was my last game and that the new man will come - I was told about five minutes before kick-off. I won't be in charge for the Hamilton game“

J-C
12-02-2019, 01:50 PM

When did Hibs report this to the press, I must've missed that

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 01:51 PM

We must have had a few number 1 targets, then?

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Why are you making stuff up?

eastmainsmsh
12-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Hope Appleton’s agent isn’t playing funny as Luton were keen on him

Stevie Reid
12-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Hope he has another chat with Sir Alex.

Famous Fiver
12-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Eddie May ' I have been told..............'.

Who by?

ancient hibee
12-02-2019, 01:56 PM
What’s all the fuss about?May and Murray were always going to be picking the team for Saturday.awhoever the new coach is will hardly know the names never mind where they play or current form.

Hibeesmad
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM
What’s all the fuss about?May and Murray were always going to be picking the team for Saturday.awhoever the new coach is will hardly know the names never mind where they play or current form.

Hope we appoint someone who has done research or who is aware of the club

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 02:00 PM

Sorry, there should have been a comma in my post.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Who by?

Whoever thanked them.

"I don't have a clue who they've got. They just thanked me and Grant (Murray) for what we've done and the new man should be announced some time this week."

Kato
12-02-2019, 02:04 PM

Snowflake

Famous Fiver
12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Yes, I understand, but who are 'they'?

Jim44
12-02-2019, 02:05 PM
This whole issue is like a game of Cluedo or maybe that should be Not A Cluedo.......... sheer guesswork based on minimal information. I think it will be Gordon Strachan, appointed in the away dressing room by Grant Stott. :greengrin

Famous Fiver
12-02-2019, 02:06 PM
I keep telling you.

It's Tam McCourt!!!

On the bench on Saturday, knows every blade of grass.

hibees 7062
12-02-2019, 02:07 PM
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51828253_10156804759321136_6182368537965756416_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx3-1.fna&oh=ac08897a0e04bf930309312fb56b56b5&oe=5CE0EAD9

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 02:12 PM
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51828253_10156804759321136_6182368537965756416_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx3-1.fna&oh=ac08897a0e04bf930309312fb56b56b5&oe=5CE0EAD9

48 hours to go!

Speedway
12-02-2019, 02:14 PM

That’s about as poor a photoshop as it gets these days.

Stevie Reid
12-02-2019, 02:14 PM

Can't find that tweet on their page.

12-02-2019, 02:15 PM

Looks like that tweet has been deleted...

GloryGlory
48 hours to go!

Reset the countdown clock, someone! :greengrin

On second thoughts, no - don't!

sean04
Why are you making stuff up?

Leanne and George invited candidates to Manchester for interviews and then invited there favourites up for further talks. Then offered Appleton the job hence the contract negotiations

Jim44
12-02-2019, 02:16 PM

That’s the way, keep the ball moving forward till we get a result ........ mind you this information is probably no more dependable than any of the other guesswork.

cabbageandribs1875
12-02-2019, 02:17 PM
what a loady tweeters

Hibs90
12-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Imagine all this Appleton chat is just smoke and mirrors...

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 02:19 PM
That’s about as poor a photoshop as it gets these days.

I know. They've even stuck him in an Ikea car park.

sean04
12-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Quite a smart polo, is that available in the shop?

green day
12-02-2019, 02:21 PM

With optional chicken fillet boobs................

greenpaper55
12-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Not according to the EN

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-heckingbottom-leads-hibs-boss-race-as-michael-appleton-talks-stall-1-4871929

oldbutdim

I think it's a bit like your info.

Just made up.

SquashedFrogg
Leanne and George invited candidates to Manchester for interviews and then invited there favourites up for further talks. Then offered Appleton the job hence the contract negotiations

You're still pretending you know what's happening. There was a 3rd stage in the process. Tell me what that was?

SeanWilson
Leanne and George invited candidates to Manchester for interviews and then invited there favourites up for further talks. Then offered Appleton the job hence the contract negotiationsI think the admins should be allowed to just cull everyone that spells Leeann's name wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 02:24 PM
You're still pretending you know what's happening. There was a 3rd stage in the process. Tell me what that was?
You beat me to that lol.....

sean04
With optional chicken fillet boobs................

Look buff for your summer holidays with this hibs polo shirt, comes with pecs and biceps. Available now for a super low price £89.99

SquashedFrogg
I think the admins should be aloud to just cull everyone that spells Leeann's name wrong.

Same with Milligan's name. Mulligan FFS?

green day
I think the admins should be aloud to just cull everyone that spells Leeann's name wrong.

What about those that use aloud instead of allowed??????????

:greengrin

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Same with Milligan's name. Mulligan FFS?
Nothing wrong with a Mulligan. Pulled me out of the s***e a few times......

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Imagine all this Appleton chat is just smoke and mirrors...

I know. Mourinho's sitting going, "I don't care, just make any old pish up until I've finished my holiday".

Greenbeard
12-02-2019, 02:27 PM

Good won

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 02:28 PM

Lose being spelled loose sends me into a murderous rage.......

HibbyAndy

:hilarious:thumbsup:

bingo70

If we appoint Heckingbottom everybody better get used to me calling him Higginbottom. Don’t think I’ve got the guys name right once and I don’t expect that to be changing any time soon.

green day
Look buff for your summer holidays with this hibs polo shirt, comes with pecs and biceps. Available now for a super low price £89.99

Real Emerald

Like "no Girls Aloud" :greengrin

Northern Hibby
It's like a game of guess who!!

NOLA
12-02-2019, 02:29 PM
So is it Appleton or Heckingbottom [emoji3166] I’d prefer Frank Sidebottom myself [emoji2956]

SquashedFrogg

That's never bean aloud on hear..

green day

My fave......................

Should of:boo hoo::boo hoo:

sean04
12-02-2019, 02:31 PM
You beat me to that lol.....

Failure to agree terms which I find quite strange because a conversation must've took place about roughly what he was wanting for salary. Really don't think that Appleton has came in with crazy contract demands at the last minute

Smartie
12-02-2019, 02:32 PM

:agree:

It shouldn't be aloud.

Jim44
12-02-2019, 02:33 PM

Here’s the original photograph -

NOLA
12-02-2019, 02:36 PM
I’m board with all this spell check nonsense

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 02:41 PM
I’m board with all this spell check nonsense

Fcku off then....

Real Emerald
12-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Fcku off then....

Phucs Ache :greengrin

Brightside
12-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Just a couple of things to sort out.

Bobby's Cinema
12-02-2019, 02:45 PM
some folk are never happy.

even when there team is out their doing they're best to get a manager in

3pm
12-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Dinnae you get involved man. You owe me a fiver after your PM tip last week.

J-C
12-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Stop with the bad spelling and grammar, I don't know who's at the ham or who's actually pish at English.

Piece out.

04Sauzee
12-02-2019, 02:48 PM

With Appleton? Announcement tomorrow maybe?

JeMeSouviens
12-02-2019, 02:49 PM

1. who do we want?
2. what do they want?

:dunno:

Dalianwanda
12-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Dinnae you get involved man. You owe me a fiver after your PM tip last week.

and me........perhaps unsworth could still be the man

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 02:51 PM
1. who do we want?
2. what do they want?

:dunno:
Emma Stone is who I want....

hibbyfraelibby
12-02-2019, 02:51 PM

Who by?

By his employer. Certainly not by dotnet

jacomo
12-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Do you match her ambition though?

hibees 7062
12-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Fcku off then....

:greengrin Souperb

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Do you match her ambition though?
Even getting close to keeping up with her would be an achievement at my age mate.....

ian cruise
12-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Who by?

Think he read it on here.

Famous Fiver
12-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Thanks, guys.

The power of Hibs.net!!

SeanWilson
12-02-2019, 03:08 PM

:greengrin[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]

JeMeSouviens
12-02-2019, 03:10 PM

You're* in la-la land. (How's your dancing?)

* or your/ur/whatever

Lago
12-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Let's get Neil back in.😁

RG63
12-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Whoever thanked them.

"I don't have a clue who they've got. They just thanked me and Grant (Murray) for what we've done and the new man should be announced some time this week."

LD and RP were both at the game on Saturday. I think it’s fair to say it was them!

KWJ
12-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Failure to agree terms which I find quite strange because a conversation must've took place about roughly what he was wanting for salary. Really don't think that Appleton has came in with crazy contract demands at the last minute

Having just watched a thing on agents and listened to a bit on football lawyers it seems fairly common that they pick up on some ambiguous wording or fine print in contracts that they have to bring to the attention of their client that can lead to a delay. This can happen on transfer deadline day with lawyers and associates combing through hefty contracts so hopefully won't take too long to complete. Unless it is the Tache or others trying to be clever.

Hopefully it's still Appleton and it's ironed out tomorrow.

Those frothing at the mouth (particularly on some facebook groups) for updates and calling the club a disgrace do worry me about how the get by and general day to day situations without having hissy fits.

Northern Hibby
12-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Searching tinternet still seems to be on!

But now being reported, what comes 1st hibsnet or EEN 🤔

Last Minute
12-02-2019, 03:20 PM
by the time you eat your tea while watching STV news we'll have a new manager :greengrin

Kato
12-02-2019, 03:20 PM
So is it Appleton or Heckingbottom [emoji3166] I’d prefer Frank Sidebottom myself [emoji2956]

You know you do, you really do. Thankyou!

Groathillgrump
12-02-2019, 03:25 PM
some folk are never happy.

even when there team is out their doing they're best to get a manager in

I see what you did there. A few on here won't. :greengrin

Liberal Hibby
12-02-2019, 03:28 PM
I see what you did there. A few on here won't. :greengrin

They certainly should of...

Zazu62
12-02-2019, 03:30 PM
So what’s going on?

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Even getting close to keeping up with her would be an achievement at my age mate.....

Is this another one of those "what comes first" threads?

makaveli1875
12-02-2019, 03:32 PM
So what’s going on?

Apparently weve made a mess of trying to sack Lennon and were making as big a mess of appointing a replacement

J-C
12-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Let's get Neil back in.😁

Was he no a rugby bloke

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 03:35 PM
https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/1095331921595252737?s=19

24 minutes to go?

lapsedhibee
12-02-2019, 03:36 PM
I think the admins should be allowed to just cull everyone that spells Leeann's name wrong.

* wrongly :furious:

Heisenberg
12-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Is there a reason a few folk are hinting at 5pm? Or is it just a windup?

HoboHarry
12-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Is this another one of those "what comes first" threads?
Hey now....... :greengrin

KWJ
12-02-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm looking at the main stand entrance and looks like hee haw going on here.

w pilton hibby
12-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Do you loose it? 😁

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Would any announcement not be at HTC?

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 03:43 PM

24 minutes to go?

New murder mystery event announced on official site.

Premise: The CEO of Hibernian FC is interviewing candidates for the job of Head Coach. Little does she know, but by the end of the day, one will be found dead, the others will have walked out, but whodunnit? And what exactly was it that they dunn?

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Is there a reason a few folk are hinting at 5pm? Or is it just a windup?

Genuinely heard that Hibs will make an announcement at 5pm... not heard what but the news guys are prepped in my work.

Zazu62
12-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Must be Heckingbottom now

Beefster
12-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Genuinely heard that Hibs will make an announcement at 5pm... not heard what but the news guys are prepped in my work.

I like the idea of a whole team of reporters sitting waiting on an announcement from Hibs.

son of haggart
12-02-2019, 03:51 PM
New murder mystery event announced on official site.

Premise: The CEO of Hibernian FC is interviewing candidates for the job of Head Coach. Little does she know, but by the end of the day, one will be found dead, the others will have walked out, but whodunnit? And what exactly was it that they dunn?

I'm going for Petrie, in the dressing room, with a piggy bank

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 03:51 PM

From what I have been told its not a press conference or release but a statement from the club so Jamie Borthwick (STV News) has been dispatched to cover the story, likely will be just him doing a piece to cam for the 6 o'clock news.

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 03:52 PM
I like the idea of a whole team of reporters sitting waiting on an announcement from Hibs.

Not much other football goings on until the champions league games later tonight...

SquashedFrogg

:hmmm: :tee hee:

Bobby's Cinema
Can I change to Gary Parker in the Edinburgh suite with the revolver

GloryGlory
From what I have been told its not a press conference or release but a statement from the club so Jamie Borthwick (STV News) has been dispatched to cover the story, likely will be just him doing a piece to cam for the 6 o'clock news.

"The search for a new Head Coach is continuing...".

greenpaper55
12-02-2019, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=son of haggart;5707870]I'm going for Petrie, in the dressing room, with a piggy bank[/QUOT

Wrong play, it's Petrie as Scroodge !

GloryGlory
Was it Petrie in the billiard room with the candle stick.

Petrie in the boardroom with his laptop computer.

BILLYHIBS
SSN Reporting contract talks with Appleton have stalled

RP :40k

MA :Per week?

RP :No per year!

Roll on 5.00 pm

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 03:56 PM
SSN Reporting contract talks with Appleton gave stalled

RP :40k

MA :Per week?

RP :No per year!

Roll on 5.00 pm

SSN just regurgitating all the other reports and are last to the party.... Its Sky, they dont give a flying F*** about Scottish football unless it concerns Rodgers or Gerrard!

KWJ
12-02-2019, 03:57 PM
SSN just regurgitating all the other reports and are last to the party.... Its Sky, they dont give a flying F*** about Scottish football unless it concerns Rodgers or Gerrard!

Luke Shanley would disagree.

Billy Whizz
12-02-2019, 03:57 PM

Luke does a great job

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 03:58 PM

Its his job to disagree!! LOL

Stuart93
Meltdown when there’s F all kicking about at 5pm

Scott Allan Key

You’re going home in an organised football coach

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 03:59 PM

Shambles! Disaster! :wink:

Northernhibee
12-02-2019, 04:00 PM
I’m bursting with anticipation :hyper :hyper

SquashedFrogg
There will be a continuation of the current meltdown when there’s F all kicking about at 5pm

Fixed.

H18 SFR
5pm p1sh!

Northernhibee
Kids are crying now, thanks

Stuart93
12-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Fixed.

Yes

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 04:05 PM
5:05 nooooooooooooooooo why did they lie to us

greenpaper55
12-02-2019, 04:07 PM
I just thought i'd say it's gone very quiet

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Have you melted?

Stuart93
12-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Have you melted?

Carrots just slipped down my face

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 04:09 PM
5:05 nooooooooooooooooo why did they lie to us

Who lied to us? Am I missing something? I thought the 5pm was just a rumour posted on Twitter?

HFC93
12-02-2019, 04:11 PM
This is like Brexit all over again.

hibeejeebies
12-02-2019, 04:11 PM

24 minutes to go?

What a picture that is 😍

KWJ
12-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Can now confirm satellite van in car park. Probably stv update as previously said.