PDA

View Full Version : It's Appleton

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

jacomo
11-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Please tell me "Neilson-ed" it up isn't a thing on here... We're no that sad are we?

You’re making a right Cathro of yourself here...

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Here's a link proving you correct mate;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35453156

The foul count in that game is amazing! 😳

Diclonius
11-02-2019, 01:03 PM
34 hours to go!

G B Young
11-02-2019, 01:09 PM
The foul count in that game is amazing! 😳

The hand of Potter for sure.

Our subs bench that day was impressively strong.

tynehibs
Let me be the first to say, about time!

Here Here !

SquashedFrogg
I don't know anything about him but I've faith in our current set up, based on the fact that the last two appointments have brought short term success each time and he still have a squad of players who we've seen perform at a much higher level than they currently are so if the folk involved in his recruitment think he's the man for the job I'm very happy to have him on board. Everything I've read on here over the last couple of days suggests he's a good fit though obviously it's an inexact science anytime you hire someone.

I'm hoping he (or whoever is appointed) takes a fresh look at the squad and maybe behind the scenes and gives us the impetuous to move forward again.

We've got good players already here, but possibly a few who may be moved on. Similarly we have a good structure but it might need refreshed a little.

I honestly don't think we are in that bad a place as a club. Just a little bit of a re-boot required.

As you say, it's never an exact science but I like what I hear and see about Appleton. Particularly around the importance of creating a culture and style that the fans can buy into.

HFC93
11-02-2019, 01:10 PM
What's clear from this and other threads is Neil Lennon has played a blinder in shaping the media narrative post him getting launched. Probably helps when all the Weegie football 'journalists' are your golf pals.

Appleton will get my full backing.

southsider
11-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Can I be the first to call him Big Bad Mike.

makaveli1875
11-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Didnt know alot about Appleton but from what iv read of him i like what i see . think he could well be a success . I hope everyone gets behind him and gives him a chance to do his thing :flag:

Welcome to the Hibees Mike .

madhatter
11-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Now the troll is gone. When do we think this announcement will happen? Hoping for tomorrow.

For some reason I've got it in my head that his video reveal will be him doing some preacher curls in the gym...

Sorry to say it but a new manager has possibly come at the right time. I was getting really bored with Hibs. Hopefully new guy will get everyone enthusiastic once more.

04Sauzee
11-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Can I be the first to call him Big Bad Mike.

You can.
And hopefully the last 😂😂

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Now the troll is gone. When do we think this announcement will happen? Hoping for tomorrow.

For some reason I've got it in my head that his video reveal will be him doing some preacher curls in the gym...

Sorry to say it but a new manager has possibly come at the right time. I was getting really bored with Hibs. Hopefully new guy will get everyone enthusiastic once more.

Sooner the better. Everyone needs a lift, fans, players. I'm sure everyone behind the scenes will be buoyed with the prospect of a new approach and a freshness around the place.

Been a tough few months for all.

Onwards and upwards.

J-C
11-02-2019, 01:30 PM

I reckon tomorrow, they'll be dotting he "i's" and crossing the "t's" today on the contract.

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Please tell me "Neilson-ed" it up isn't a thing on here... We're no that sad are we?

Yet another cuckoo in the nest rides off into the gorgie sunset :kbacker:

Welcome, Michael Appleton

Joe6-2
11-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Have them jumping through hoops in no time.

Or in the sh**

CockneyRebel
11-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Here's a link proving you correct mate;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35453156

Just looked at that match report again. Foul count THEM-22 - US-9 and that's without the ones they got away with.

Eaststand
11-02-2019, 02:09 PM
How many user names you going to create? Seems to be a few your under now - well responses written in same tone/grammar!

I've often wondered about a couple of posters on here who post some mind numbing classic stuff, then disappear. Then along comes a new name posting in a similar style.
Is there a way we can all tell a posters previous name if they reappear as something new ?

GGTTH

Jim44
11-02-2019, 02:15 PM
I've often wondered about a couple of posters on here who post some mind numbing classic stuff, then disappear. Then along comes a new name posting in a similar style.
Is there a way we can all tell a posters previous name if they reappear as something new ?

GGTTH

If they disappear without being tossed out, I think they can change user name but this shows up in their profile.

SON OF PADDY
11-02-2019, 02:30 PM
If you know nothing about him how can you be underwhelmed and not be able to see it working well??

I find that astonishing.

Every appointment, at every club, is a risk. I trust the process we have in place to ensure our new man has been properly assessed prior to an appointment..

Recommend a bit of research before passing judgement. There's plenty of links to forums/interviews on here and the web.

Oh, and he left Oxford to be Leicester assistant after getting them promotion, 2 cup finals and a series of big cup wins.

Well said mate. 👏👏👏

MB62
11-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Why didn't they come out and publicly rubbish the stories then? There's no smoke without fire. We suspended him, it got out, we confirmed it by not denying it and then released that absolute horror of a statement.

You seem to be well in the know in to all that went on behind the scenes.

As you are so unhappy about the statement released by the board on behalf of all parties, here's YOUR chance.

Put yourself in Rod's shoes and release a statement to us all that YOU THINK should have been released.

Go on, make my day :greengrin

HoboHarry
11-02-2019, 02:56 PM
You seem to be well in the know in to all that went on behind the scenes.

As you are so unhappy about the statement released by the board on behalf of all parties, here's YOUR chance.

Put yourself in Rod's shoes and release a statement to us all that YOU THINK should have been released.

Go on, make my day :greengrin
You'll be waiting a while mate - he got mutually consented....... :greengrin

SMAXXA
11-02-2019, 03:13 PM
New manager announced tomorrow I’m hearing

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2019, 03:16 PM
I reckon tomorrow, they'll be dotting he "i's" and crossing the "t's" today on the contract.

Is that a clue? There is only 1 "i" and 1 "t" in MA's name.

Now, if you'd said "filling in the P's".......:cb

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Right, who is going to start the thread calling the admins out for the poor way we handled this and asking for a proper statement about what actually went on?

Topographic Hibby
11-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Is that a clue? There is only 1 "i" and 1 "t" in MA's name.

Now, if you'd said "filling in the P's".......:cbOr trying to spell Derek Fazck... Fazak....Fazacke.....his number two!!!

Betty Boop
11-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Hope the new manager (whoever that might be) will be based up here.

Scorrie
11-02-2019, 03:24 PM
New manager announced tomorrow I’m hearing

Appleton? Or a complete left field choice?

SMAXXA
11-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Appleton? Or a complete left field choice?

No idea mate will see what I can find out tonight

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Has anyone checked to see if he's following Hibs on twitter yet?

Betty Boop
11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Its not Paul Scholes then, been appointed Oldham manager.

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 03:51 PM
The tension:paranoid:
Cmon Hibs,,, Announce !!

If its Michael, he will be the first Michael to manage the club.

Although,the great Dan McMichael managed the side that lifted the SC in 1902 .
Omen?
Over to you, Michael :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2019, 03:55 PM

And without a statement.

Hibernian32
11-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Cmon Hibs,,, Announce !!

Omen?
Also 2019 is an anagram of 1902

said we'd win it this year to my mates pre 2016 for that reason.

HoboHarry
11-02-2019, 03:58 PM
And without a statement.
I know, I'm raging at the admins. Are the admins and LD in cahoots? :grr:

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Also 2019 is an anagram of 1902

said we'd win it this year to my mates pre 2016 for that reason.

Now you have me really :hyper

Could we really win it again before the not so noisy neighbours complete their Taj Mahal?

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Now you have me really :hyper

Could we really win it again before the not so noisy neighbours complete their Tadger Mall?

Fixed

1van Sprou7e
11-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Cmon Hibs,,, Announce !!

Omen?

Also Stubbs was the first ever Englishman to win the Scottish Cup believe it or not

Clearly what this means is that the big man has it in the bag for us

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:07 PM
I know, I'm raging at the admins. Are the admins and LD in cahoots? :grr:

LD is busy showing Michael his new digs !

I think admins. were giving the joker enough rope to mutually hang himself.
Am sure they spotted this clown early doors.
Some folk,eh ?

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Also Stubbs was the first ever Englishman to win the Scottish Cup believe it or not

Clearly what this means is that the big man has it in the bag for us

More omens !!!

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:12 PM
:top marks
fixed

:lol:

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Hello all, I hope you don't mind a West Brom fan chucking his Two pennies in? Appleton had his career ending injury at ours and was shortly after hired by Megson and Burrows to scout for them. in 2005 he moved to our academy in order to start getting his scouting badges. Under both Mowbray and Venus and RDM and Newton he was promoted up through the ranks and eventually running it. When Roy Hodgson came he became part of his Matchday squad and Darren Moore took over the academy. He took the Portsmouth job soon after. So players he developed Include both Kemar Roofe and Romaine Sawyers. Player's our baseball capped t*t of a manager at the time saw no worth in. Both are now at leeds he former their highest scorer and the latter's valued at £5m. He was the only manager to get anything good out of Scott Allan in England. When he comes in expect him to try and get the team to play decent footbal and also install a team sprite. that Statement may sound trite but sometimes it's true. If you have an Academy expect that to improve if you haven't but got some money expect him to start one down the line. Lastly expect some loans off us. He's held in high regard. Someday, fully exppect him to comeback and manage us

lapsedhibee
11-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Hello all, I hope you don't mind a West Brom fan chucking his Two pennies in? Appleton had his career ending injury at ours and was shortly after hired by Megson and Burrows to scout for them. in 2005 he moved to our academy in order to start getting his scouting badges. Under both Mowbray and Venus and RDM and Newton he was promoted up through the ranks and eventually running it. When Roy Hodgson came he became part of his Matchday squad and Darren Moore took over the academy. He took the Portsmouth job soon after. So players he developed Include both Kemar Roofe and Romaine Sawyers. Player's our baseball capped t*t of a manager at the time saw no worth in. Both are now at leeds he former their highest scorer and the latter's valued at £5m. He was the only manager to get anything good out of Scott Allan in England. When he comes in expect him to try and get the team to play decent footbal and also install a team sprite. that Statement may sound trite but sometimes it's true. If you have an Academy expect that to improve if you haven't but got some money expect him to start one down the line. Lastly expect some loans off us. He's held in high regard. Someday, fully exppect him to comeback and manage us

I'll go for Johnny Grant from the 1960s.

bigwheel

Magic ..great to get insight from
Someone who has witnessed his work for their club. Cheers [emoji106]

AltheHibby

Thanks for the info and good luck for the rest of the season.

Keith_M

:aok:

One Day Soon
Yet another cuckoo in the nest rides off into the gorgie sunset :kbacker:

Welcome, Michael Appleton

Excellent, every undercover launched is an improved .net.

SquashedFrogg

Great insight mate. Appreciated 👍

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:25 PM

Cheers Baggie
Good post with some with some info many here (including myself) won't be aware of regards Michael.
On Academy? Yes,the club has its own training ground.
Great facilities too, with Development /youth squads and i might add the best women's team in the land !
So may be a major factor in Michael coming on board.

One Day Soon
11-02-2019, 04:28 PM
Right, who is going to start the thread calling the admins out for the poor way we handled this and asking for a proper statement about what actually went on?

How do you know they handled it poorly? We haven't heard either side of the story...

The_Horde
11-02-2019, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the board mate and thanks for the info GGTTH.

Golden Bear
11-02-2019, 04:29 PM

:aok:

Appreciated. Reasons to be cheerful!

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 04:31 PM
I'll go for Johnny Grant from the 1960s.

Excuse me I have a cold :greengrin:greengrin

04Sauzee
11-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Great read and thanks for the post.
It's more 7up we prefer here than sprite though 😀
What players could you see being available for loan?

Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of the season

Carheenlea
11-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Appreciate the info from Baggie 192 - the more we hear the more I think he will be an excellent appointment. Looking forward to see what he will bring to us. Good a good feeling about this :agree:

Hibernian Verse
11-02-2019, 04:34 PM
Great read and thanks for the post.
It's more 7up we prefer here than sprite though [emoji3]
What players could you see being available for loan?

Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of the seasonMain thing I took from that was a patronising "have you got an academy? Don't know if you have them in Scotland?"

However the rest sounds positive!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Main thing I took from that was a patronising "have you got an academy? Don't know if you have them in Scotland?"

Think you’re a bit sensitive mate ? If he doesn’t know ..it’s fair to ask as he makes his academy point ....particularly as some clubs aka Falkirk and Brentford have done away with theirs

MyJo
11-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Sounds promising, it seems he is heavily invested in developing players from within which very much ties in with our clubs ethos and expectations of a head coach.

A lot of expansion and investment in our youth academy behind the scenes over the last 3/4 years which we are starting to see the first benefits from coming through.

Along with the team spirit and style of football he wants from his teams its clear to see why he is a front runner in the clubs eyes.

the more I hear about him the more impressed I get.

Carheenlea
11-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Main thing I took from that was a patronising "have you got an academy? Don't know if you have them in Scotland?"

That’s not really what he said - he was enquiring if we had our own academy rather than asking if we had them in Scotland. Lots of clubs up here don’t. The fact we have a very good development set up should stand us in good stead for improvement as we go forward with his ideas in that area.

Lago
11-02-2019, 04:40 PM

Your first paragraph is made up nonsense :confused:

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Baggie
Dont know if you are old enough to remember the Scottish winger Willie "bud" Johnston who played for you back in the 70s.
If you have any young wingers like Willie with pace and can "dribble",that need game time ....
Send them up

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Baggie
Dont know if you are old enough to remember the Scottish winger Willie "bud" Johnston who played for you back in the day.
If you have any young wingers with pace that need game time ....
Send them up

Haha. Nice one - I also loved Asa Hartford. What a player he was for WBA....and Scotland

lapsedhibee
11-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Don't apply for a job as a proofreader.

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Wasn't the intention as there are clubs in England that don't. They're expensive to run and I don't know your finances or what you choose to prioritize

One Day Soon
11-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Haha. Nice one - I also loved Asa Hartford. What a player he was for WBA....and Scotland

Was Asa his name or short for something else?

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Was Asa his name or short for something else?

Was his middle name actually. First name Richard. Not short for anything

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 04:47 PM

He didn't actually say that.

Why would he know if we have an academy?

Would you know if, say, Brentford, had an academy?

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Baggie
Dont know if you are old enough to remember the Scottish winger Willie "bud" Johnston who played for you back in the 70s.
If you have any young wingers like Willie with pace and can "dribble",that need game time ....
Send them up

Of course I do:greengrin Bit before my time though. We may loan Leko in the summer as he needs games and beefing up a bit

Tobias Funke

Cheers Baggie :aok: Guessing Pulis is the t*t you are referring to :greengrin

AltheHibby
Was his middle name actually. First name Richard. Not short for anything

I believe his mother was a fan of Al Jolson, who was born Asa.

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Of course I do:greengrin Bit before my time though. We may loan Leko in the summer as he needs games and beefing up a bit

You won't remember Alastair Brown either? Great player for you and the son of an Edinburgh bus driver.

bigwheel
11-02-2019, 04:53 PM
I believe his mother was a fan of Al Jolson, who was born Asa.

Love a good bit of football trivia !!

ekhibee
11-02-2019, 05:20 PM
So still no decision on the manager's job then.

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 05:26 PM
You won't remember Alastair Brown either? Great player for you and the son of an Edinburgh bus driver.

Again sadly before my time Part of the classic WBA 70's team with Tony "Bomber" Brown, Willie Johnston,Ally Robertson and of course Brendon, the late Great Cyrille and Laurie. Interesting story about Ally Brown he was the barman in the Throstle Club before they upgraded the academy I remeber him peeing himself because a drinking buddy of mine put about £35 in the fruit machine to win nothing. Only for a kid to come along put £1 in and clean it out:greengrin Will have to visit his pub one day

Cheers Baggie :aok: Guessing Pulis is the t*t you are referring to :greengrin

You may say that I can't possibly omment:wink:

brog
11-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Nice post, thanks for the info. You may be interested to know that Baggies legend Ally Brown was an Edinburgh (Musselburgh) boy & a Hibs supporter I believe.

Jim44
11-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Do we really need mythical creatures for success :greengrin ...... don’t you just love typos?

CathroMustStay
11-02-2019, 05:49 PM
https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-pod-meets-michael-appleton

FranckSuzy
11-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the info, Baggie. It's always appreciated when fans of other teams take the time and trouble to post on the site :aok:

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info, Baggie. It's always appreciated when fans of other teams take the time and trouble to post on the site :aok:

Yes Baggie, we had Villa fans talking about Super John McGinn :wink::greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Anyone spotted Michael about town yet ? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
11-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Yes Baggie, we had Villa fans talking about Super John McGinn :wink::greengrin

:agree: :boo hoo: Miss him :love ya!: :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
11-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Know doubt he's had a wee chat with Mowbray and Venus regards our club.

Fanforlife
11-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Nice post, thanks for the info. You may be interested to know that Baggies legend Ally Brown was an Edinburgh (Musselburgh) boy & a Hibs supporter I believe.
Sure his Ma was my provy agent ,back in my Greendykes days.😁

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2019, 06:02 PM

But he never said that? You've just quoted made-up words.

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Listened to this earlier. Very enjoyable.

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 06:04 PM

No doubt,along with Fergie.

Mowbray and Venus

Great song the "oldies" on here will mind

"Mark Venus in blue jeans
Tony Mowbray with a pony tail"

Ok ...al get ma coat !

BurghHibby
11-02-2019, 06:04 PM

That’ll be Billy Brown’s brother, and from Musselburgh.

Jim44
11-02-2019, 06:06 PM

The more I hear this guy, the more I hope the rumour is true.

From the intro to this podcast :

When offered the chance to sit down with Michael Appleton for an hour, it was a no-brainer. Often mentioned on the podcast - sometimes as a brilliant young British Manager, other times as George's favourite footballing person of all time - now rivalled by Chris Maguire!

We packed George off to chat with him, and we made the most of the hour, discussing: his desire to get back into management (and the importance of choosing a club rather than a division), the Championship players and managers that he admires, his time at Blackpool, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Oxford United, his philosophy and his view on data & xG in analysis, his vision in the transfer market, and how cup competitions can help & hinder.

Thanks to Dean at Oporto Sports Management for helping to arrange this interview at short notice, and to Michael of course for his openness.

WoreTheGreen
11-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Sure his Ma was my provy agent ,back in my Greendykes days.😁

Most people hid behind the couch when he knocked

Speedway
11-02-2019, 06:23 PM

Good of you to come on and post such positive info! Thanks!

Out of interest, what is the WBA fans’ take on your rivals situation at Molyneux at the moment. Are they buying their league position?

CapitalGreen
11-02-2019, 06:25 PM
The more I hear this guy, the more I hope the rumour is true.

From the intro to this podcast :

When offered the chance to sit down with Michael Appleton for an hour, it was a no-brainer. Often mentioned on the podcast - sometimes as a brilliant young British Manager, other times as George's favourite footballing person of all time - now rivalled by Chris Maguire!

We packed George off to chat with him, and we made the most of the hour, discussing: his desire to get back into management (and the importance of choosing a club rather than a division), the Championship players and managers that he admires, his time at Blackpool, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Oxford United, his philosophy and his view on data & xG in analysis, his vision in the transfer market, and how cup competitions can help & hinder.

Thanks to Dean at Oporto Sports Management for helping to arrange this interview at short notice, and to Michael of course for his openness.

The Dean referred to is Dean Eldredge, who is Michael Appleton’s agent/publicist. He has liked a number of tweets relating to MA being appointed on twitter.

Interestingly he also has Heckingbottom as a client.

Joe6-2
11-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Most people hid behind the couch when he knocked

No wonder if his ma was a he!

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 06:37 PM
That’ll be Billy Brown’s brother, and from Musselburgh.

Really? I only remember Ally's dad talking about him.

Not doubting you BTW.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Not doubting you BTW.I knew a cousin of Ally's really well, lived in the next stair to us. Spoke about him all the time but never mentioned Billy. Mind you I wouldn't either[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
11-02-2019, 06:42 PM
No wonder if his ma was a he!

I think it was the beard

Fergos
11-02-2019, 06:45 PM

Great informed post bud, Ta for taking the time to post.

All the best to the Brom for the rest of the season.

GGTTH

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 06:50 PM
I knew a cousin of Ally's really well, lived in the next stair to us. Spoke about him all the time but never mentioned Billy. Mind you I wouldn't either[emoji3]

Thanks.

As a total aside, I know Ally's dad is Alec, but I am desperately trying to remember his Edinburgh Councillor uncles name. Anyone know?

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Listening to that podcast, it's interesting that Appleton says that he'd prefer to be a manager than a coach.

ian cruise
11-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Listening to that podcast, it's interesting that Appleton says that he'd prefer to be a manager than a coach.

I imagine head coach would be different as he's still the decision maker, where as a coach for another manager/head coach limits your influence considerably

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Thanks.

As a total aside, I know Ally's dad is Alec, but I am desperately trying to remember his Edinburgh Councillor uncles name. Anyone know?

There was a cooncillor named David Brown represented Craigmillar ward.
I knew Davie back in the day.
He was some guy the bold Davie.
Him and Paul Nolan !!
Used to drink in Swannies in the High Street and the Newcraighall Miners
After awe that, i hope its the same man !

hibees 7062
11-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Don't pick the level , pick the club . Loved that bit

1van Sprou7e

Why is that interesting?

Bostonhibby
Thanks.

As a total aside, I know Ally's dad is Alec, but I am desperately trying to remember his Edinburgh Councillor uncles name. Anyone know?Person I knew was one of the Greenan family.

ekhibee
11-02-2019, 07:09 PM

CapitalGreen
11-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Michael Appleton

H18S NX
11-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Anyone spotted Michael about town yet ? :greengrin......Seen him in the Alhambra,but there again i had a few malts

Jim44
11-02-2019, 07:13 PM

I’ve a wee hunch the decision’s been made. Probably, LD and RP are waiting to milk the best out of introducing the new appointment. Tomorrow around 2pm would be about right. No ITK knowledge by the way. Just guessing.

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 07:17 PM
I’ve a wee hunch the decision’s been made. Probably, LD and RP are waiting to milk the best out of introducing the new appointment. Tomorrow around 2pm would be about right. No ITK knowledge by the way. Just guessing.

You may not be far wrong there.

I was thinking because Cup draw is tonight,press conference the morn (if there is one) may be bit spicier if chat includes upcoming cup game against the Hertz !!

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Good of you to come on and post such positive info! Thanks!

Out of interest, what is the WBA fans’ take on your rivals situation at Molyneux at the moment. Are they buying their league position?

It's our turn to take the bumps. Fairplay to them Invested well, Santos is great you can't really buy the position in the prem unless your top 6 and spaff £100m on a player there are doing well but that can change. Clarke took us to 8th our top fiinish in them prem era. But we lost Lukaku and Odemwingie and it nose dived. Pulis came in a destroyed What Peace, Ashworth, Mowbray, Venus, RDM and Newton built. Recruitment was always a 3 man process Ashworth the manager plus his no.2 so Appleton would have been with hodgson for 1 window. We'd try for the manager's first choice if we could afford them. Thren recruitment for the positions needed would be handled by Ashworth and his team of scouts. but only if the manager agreed so he didn't feel like they'd been foisted on them Then Ashworth left and Peace sold Williams and pulis come in and spaffed £75m on players who how can I say this s**te. All while serving up the dour rubbish you ever see on the field. So Puliis protecting the one thing he has in football "I've never been relegated" Jumped like the rat that he is and Williams who was mr "they must be English" hired pardew whose a disgrace of a man. Lai culled the board and management promoted Moore Hired Mark Jenkins as and we are re-building our will come hopefully sooner than later

stoneyburn hibs
11-02-2019, 07:22 PM
It's our turn to take the bumps. Fairplay to them Invested well, Santos is great you can't really buy the position in the prem unless your top 6 and spaff £100m on a player there are doing well but that can change. Clarke took us to 8th our top fiinish in them prem era. But we lost Lukaku and Odemwingie and it nose dived. Pulis came in a destroyed What Peace, Ashworth, Mowbray, Venus, RDM and Newton built. Recruitment was always a 3 man process Ashworth the manager plus his no.2 so Appleton would have been with hodgson for 1 window. We'd try for the manager's first choice if we could afford them. Thren recruitment for the positions needed would be handled by Ashworth and his team of scouts. but only if the manager agreed so he didn't feel like they'd been foisted on them Then Ashworth left and Peace sold Williams and pulis come in and spaffed £75m on players who how can I say this s**te. All while serving up the dour rubbish you ever see on the field. So Puliis protecting the one thing he has in football "I've never been relegated" Jumped like the rat that he is and Williams who was mr "they must be English" hired pardew whose a disgrace of a man. Lai culled the board and management promoted Moore Hired Mark Jenkins as and we are re-building our will come hopefully sooner than later

Thanks for your info on Appleton,oh to have a kitty of £75m !

One Day Soon
11-02-2019, 07:23 PM

It would be great if you were able to stick around posting here Baggie, really interesting to get a completely different perspective on things. I'll look for WBA results now!

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Him and Paul Nolan !!

It is. Thanks for putting me out of my misery. 😁

PatHead
11-02-2019, 07:27 PM
It would be great if you were able to stick around posting here Baggie, really interesting to get a completely different perspective on things. I'll look for WBA results now!

Going to see WBA on Saturday but will be supporting SJM and Villa.

Carheenlea
11-02-2019, 07:33 PM

Everyone will be hoping he gets to work at soonest, so probably given him a few days to sort things out and get himself moved up before making an official announcement, then be ready to go right away with a few days before Saturdays game.

Caversham Green
11-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Love a good bit of football trivia !!

Another bit of trivia about Asa Hartford - I thought about him reading a discussion a few days ago about what medicals achieve (that's not the bit of trivia). He was about to get a big transfer to Leeds (IIRC) when they were one of the top English clubs, but the medical found he had a hole in his heart and the transfer fell through. He kept on playing and got a decent number of caps for Scotland and the heart problem didn't seem to bother him much. A fine player.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Why is that interesting?

:confused:

It's interesting that he said it because Hibs don't have a vacancy for a manager.

One Day Soon
11-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Him and Paul Nolan !!

Davie Brown and Billy Brown are related? FFS, that explains an AWFUL lot....

Lago
11-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Great post, I am of an age where I can remember some of the great players of WBA yesteryear, the sight of Cyril Regis running at a defence with the ball at his feet magnificent.
Been following your team's progress under Moore this season, not someone you would mess with, I would imagine. Fingers crossed for promotion this season. :agree:

1van Sprou7e
11-02-2019, 07:47 PM

It's interesting that he said it because Hibs don't have a vacancy for a manager.

Did he say he'd rather be a manager than a head coach? Or just a coach

Way bigger difference between a manager and a coach than there is between a manager and a head coach

CapitalGreen
11-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Head Coach is essentially Manager minus a few of more administrative tasks managers would have performed historically. For the vacancy at Hibs, you would struggle to differentiate between the responsibilities of hiring a Head Coach or Manager.

Baggie192
11-02-2019, 07:55 PM

I'd love to still have it as I trust jenkins, moore, and Dowlinng more than Pulis

BOO :greengrin:greengrin anyway I'll call it at have fun all

bingo70
11-02-2019, 07:58 PM

Way bigger difference between a manager and a coach than there is between a manager and a head coach

He said he wanted to be a head coach but he’s been involved in a some business dealings outside of football and he enjoyed negotiating up the way as well so liked the idea of being in the board room as a manager as well as being a head coach.

I think there’s some head coach positions that would mean no involvement in player recruitment and negotiations, he was essentially looking for the best of both worlds and I think that’s pretty much exactly what Hibs are after.

That was my take on what he said anyway.

Keyser Sauzee
11-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Appleton was 1/20 at lunchtime but is now 1/5. Heckingbottom was 22/1 but is now 3/1, do the bookies know something??

bingo70
11-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Appleton was 1/20 at lunchtime but is now 1/5. Heckingbottom was 22/1 but is now 3/1, do the bookies know something??

If the bookies knew something about Heckingbottom getting the job he’d be a lot shorter price than 3/1.

They’re just trying to get people betting on it again.

Lancs Harp
11-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Football as ever is subjective. For every Oxford fan or maybe Pompey fan with good words for Appleton you'll find Blackburn and Blackpool fans with quite the opposite viewpoint.

Time will tell (if he is indeed appointed) and I wish him well as i would any Hibs appointment certainly initially.

He does stunt doubles for Skeletor in his spare time you know.:wink:

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 08:15 PM

Yes, he said coach. He didn't differentiate between that and Head Coach. I just found it interesting.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 08:19 PM
If the bookies knew something about Heckingbottom getting the job he’d be a lot shorter price than 3/1.

It really means they don't know anything. If they did, betting would be suspended.

Mick O'Rourke
11-02-2019, 08:32 PM
It really means they don't know anything. If they did, betting would be suspended.

There's that word suspended again.:greengrin

AltheHibby
11-02-2019, 08:35 PM

If that's at the Hawthorns go to the Greggs next door. They have some great photos of Albion players on the walls.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2019, 08:55 PM
There's that word suspended again.:greengrin

:tee hee:

Speedway
11-02-2019, 08:55 PM

We might be able to afford SJM on that basis.

jacomo
11-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Head Coach is essentially Manager minus a few of more administrative tasks managers would have performed historically. For the vacancy at Hibs, you would struggle to differentiate between the responsibilities of hiring a Head Coach or Manager.

At last we know what caused the rift between Lenny and Leeann. Job title semantics!

Jim44
11-02-2019, 10:37 PM

The bookies know hee-haw. Manager appointment is a bit of fun for them and if they can tempt gullible punters to put any significant money on the result, they’ll be wringing their hands with glee.

Hibeesmad
11-02-2019, 10:52 PM
The bookies know hee-haw. Manager appointment is a bit of fun for them and if they can tempt gullible punters to put any significant money on the result, they’ll be wringing their hands with glee.

Appleton at 4/7, yes please 💸

Austinho
11-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Christ, there’s no way Efe would have told Appleton he wasn’t signing a new contract.

monktonharp
12-02-2019, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Mick O'Rourke;5706616]There was a cooncillor named David Brown represented Craigmillar ward.
Him and Paul Nolan !!
After awe that, i hope its the same man ![/QUOTEI know Davie personally. and I know Paul and all his family. I was brought up opposite Davie in the village and cant ever remember him talking about a fitba' player in the family. I might be wrong, but I to was a member of our miners' club,Davie despite being younger than my Auld man used to come to oor hoose for a drink occasionally.

Hibs90
12-02-2019, 02:49 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3867163/hibs-talks-michael-appleton-last-minute-hitch/

we are hibs
12-02-2019, 05:06 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3867163/hibs-talks-michael-appleton-last-minute-hitch/

Petrie haggling over a fiver probably

LustForLeith
12-02-2019, 05:11 AM
It’s no half dragging on. At this rate I’d take Nicole or Natalie.

Zazu62
12-02-2019, 05:39 AM
4/7 now. Was something like 1/16 yesterday

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 06:15 AM

You say that in jest but I wouldn't ****ing doubt it. Remember, pulling this **** last time got us Calderwood.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Is it Dempsters role to be picking the manager and negotiating terms, or does she just take care of the menial things?

Golden Bear
12-02-2019, 06:28 AM
Here we go.!

CapitalGreen
12-02-2019, 06:38 AM
Article is written by Lennon’s pal Derek McGregor... 🤔

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 06:41 AM
Is it Dempsters role to be picking the manager and negotiating terms, or does she just take care of the menial things?

Same story every post. Everyone gets you don't like the board. I just wish you would actually justify why, rather than repeatedly post wee snidey digs. Would love to hear.

In response to your original question. What do you think?

pacoluna
12-02-2019, 06:43 AM
Article is written by Lennon’s pal Derek McGregor... ��

It's a conspiracy.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Same story every post. Everyone gets you don't like the board. I just wish you would actually justify why, rather than repeatedly post wee snidey digs. Would love to hear.

In response to your original question. What do you think?

I've justified why on many occasions, you don't like my posts, put me on ignore :aok:

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 06:50 AM

If she does, she's extremely well remunerated for it.

So I think we cxan take it she has considerably more responsibility than you imply.

CapitalGreen
12-02-2019, 06:52 AM
It's a conspiracy.

Maybe we should just ask Lenny back to steer us to 8th place glory 🇳🇬

pacoluna
12-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Maybe we should just ask Lenny back to steer us to 8th place glory 🇳🇬

Their all out to get us just like the rangers, no one likes us we don't care apart from a fair few on this who get their knickers in a twist.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 06:58 AM
If she does, she's extremely well remunerated for it.

So I think we cxan take it she has considerably more responsibility than you imply.

I'll be 100% honest, I have no clue exactly who's in charge of what. As our chief executive I figure LD would be in complete control of contracts and hiring, but it seems Petrie is still very much in control of all the major decisions. She's been here 4 years, if she's not trusted with the big decisions by now, she never will.

Peevemor
12-02-2019, 07:03 AM
I'll be 100% honest, I have no clue exactly who's in charge of what. As our chief executive I figure LD would be in complete control of contracts and hiring, but it seems Petrie is still very much in control of all the major decisions. She's been here 4 years, if she's not trusted with the big decisions by now, she never will.

Do you have any proof of this?

brog
12-02-2019, 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Mick O'Rourke;5706616]There was a cooncillor named David Brown represented Craigmillar ward.
Him and Paul Nolan !!
After awe that, i hope its the same man ![/QUOTEI know Davie personally. and I know Paul and all his family. I was brought up opposite Davie in the village and cant ever remember him talking about a fitba' player in the family. I might be wrong, but I to was a member of our miners' club,Davie despite being younger than my Auld man used to come to oor hoose for a drink occasionally.

My Dad & Davie were great friends & Im sure it was my Dad who mentioned Ally was Davie's nephew. Pretty sure however that there's no family connection to 'I've been places' Brown.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Do you have any proof of this?

Read the first sentence :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:14 AM
I've justified why on many occasions, you don't like my posts, put me on ignore :aok:

You haven't really, let's be honest.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-02-2019, 07:17 AM

So you have no clue who is in charge, but then say Petrie is still very much in control :cb

As Ron Burgandy would say, ‘I don’t believe you’

Joe6-2
12-02-2019, 07:19 AM

Wouldn't normally believe anything that rag printed, but don't want to hear this!

Speedway
12-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Wouldn't normally believe anything that rag printed, but don't want to hear this!

Don’t believe it then.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:27 AM

I guess we will find out soon enough but rags tend to use language to generate a reaction. "Snag", "Hitch" etc

A bit like the UK "crashing" out of Europe re:Brexit. "Leaving" Europe doesn't really sound dramatic enough.

Fingers crossed it's just a minor issue to be resolved. Appleton, not Brexit.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 07:29 AM
I guess we will find out soon enough but rags tend to use language to generate a reaction. "Snag", "Hitch" etc

A bit like the UK "crashing" out of Europe re:Brexit. "Leaving" Europe doesn't really sound dramatic enough.

Fingers crossed it's a minor issue to be resolved.

:agree: Could be he wants 20 minutes for a tea break and the contract says 15 minutes. :greengrin

PS To most redtops, "hyperbole" means the same as down beat and subtle.

J-C
12-02-2019, 07:29 AM

All contracts have to be signed off by the board as a collective, Leeann and Craig are the 2 responsible for negotiating. Like last summer we had negotiated a loan deal with Celtic for Allan and the board had approved the deal, then Celtic moved the goalposts demanding Allan's full wage be paid for the loan, the board rejected it and the deal fell through.

I have heard that Petrie is still involved but to what extent I don't know, He's still the chairman of the club and on the board, although he doesn't receive a fee for doing so.

04Sauzee
12-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Evening News reporting should be named boss in the next 48hrs

Has 48hrs become the new 2 weeks??

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 07:32 AM
47 hours to go!

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:34 AM
You haven't really, let's be honest.

I have, feel free to trawl through my posts, you'll find it.

BlackSheep
12-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Wonder how many hits The Sun has gotten this morning from this sensationalist article... true or not, they know reporting it will draw a lot of attention from not only desperate Hibees but other fans who love to wallow in our misery...

It’s barely a oragraph of speculation yet we are all getting our knickers in a twist... cue announcement later today!

The only inkling of truth I fear would be our communications exec , Kenny Millar, is ex Sun so could be the related....

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:35 AM
:agree: Could be he wants 20 minutes for a tea break and the contract says 15 minutes. :greengrin

PS To most redtops, "hyperbole" means the same as down beat and subtle.

20 mins??? FFS!

Totally agree btw.

Clearly I have no idea of the reason, but it may be a good sign? Ambitious guy asking for something we never considered perhaps. i.e. An extra backroom staff member, or his own analysis guy? More control over academy? Or it might just be we can't get training kit to fit his chest size?

Who knows. Let's wait and see.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:37 AM
So you have no clue who is in charge, but then say Petrie is still very much in control :cb

As Ron Burgandy would say, ‘I don’t believe you’

Do you lot need glasses, or just can't read very well. I said "SEEMS" I didn't state was, or is. You lot sure get precious when the board ever dare gets questioned or criticized.

Peevemor
12-02-2019, 07:38 AM
Do you lot need glasses, or just can't read very well. I said "SEEMS" I didn't state was, or is.

Fair enough. So why do you say that?

Allant1981
12-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Read the first sentence :rolleyes:

So you have no proof but it seems she isn't in control, good one!!

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:40 AM
I have, feel free to trawl through my posts, you'll find it.

Find "it"? So the many ocassions is now once?

As you pointed out earlier, you don't know how things work at board level. That's good enough for me.

SRHibs
12-02-2019, 07:41 AM
It’s stalling because Dempster won’t tell Appleton what happened with Lennon. 90+2 was right!

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Fair enough. So why do you say that?

It's the way it seems to me. When Lennon got eventually sacked, Petrie had to fly in from France to finalize the deal. That was probably due to LD being allegedly involved, again I don't know, everything is so hush hush. Let me ask you this. Do you think Dempster has the final say, or do you thing Petrie deals with the big decisions like contract negotiations and final approval.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 07:44 AM
20 mins??? FFS!

Totally agree btw.

Clearly I have no idea of the reason, but it may be a good sign? Ambitious guy asking for something we never considered perhaps. i.e. An extra backroom staff member, or his own analysis guy? More control over academy? Or it might just be we can't get training kit to fit his chest size?

Who knows. Let's wait and see.

You can see various issues that parties may have to compromise on to reach an agreement:

1) Length and type of contract - Hibs seem to like the rolling 12 month type
2) Release clause
3) Notice periods and compensation
4) As, you say - backroom staff
5) Etc, etc, etc..

So it's just up to the parties to negotiate a sensible compromise and Bob's your uncle (or Michael's your head coach, whichever way you want to look at it). :greengrin :flag:

Ultimately, the deal has to make sense for both parties.

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:45 AM
So you have no proof but it seems she isn't in control, good one!!

Another one that can't read. I never said she wasn't in control :rolleyes:

James70
12-02-2019, 07:48 AM
He's just discovered that the salary negotiated is to cover his assistant as well! :wink:

Northernhibee
12-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Petrie insists Jaffa cakes are a biscuit and Appleton is having none of it.

Jones28
12-02-2019, 07:49 AM
It's the way it seems to me. When Lennon got eventually sacked, Petrie had to fly in from France to finalize the deal. That was probably due to LD being allegedly involved, again I don't know, everything is so hush hush. Let me ask you this. Do you think Dempster has the final say, or do you thing Petrie deals with the big decisions like contract negotiations and final approval.

Is it not fairly common that boards will work collaboratively on big moves?

I doubt someone like Leeann Dempster would request Petries "help", it seems more likely that they have a good working relationship and want to make joint decisions.

If what you're saying is true does that also mean Petrie gets credit for appointing Stubbs and Lennon as well as Dempster?

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 07:51 AM

As CEO, LD will have responsibility under delegated authority for dealing with hiring and firing, including negotiating contracts, using procedures established for that purpose. She will then have to report to the board on the exercise of that authority and put forward a recommendation to the board (not just Petrie) to sign off in the case of high level, high profile employees, like a Head Coach.

I would imagine if the board didn't accept a CEO's recommendation, assuming all the established procedures were properly followed, there is something very wrong, as it suggests the board doesn't have confidence in the CEO's judgement.

Like most businesses, the CEO has delegated but not outright authority on matters concerning the running of the business.

easty
12-02-2019, 07:51 AM

It seems to me. You implied it. Clearly.

green with envy
12-02-2019, 07:52 AM
23 pages of "It's Appleton" and still going... and yet none of us have a clue to the appointment of our new manager.:confused:

Bostonhibby
12-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Another one that can't read. I never said she wasn't in control :rolleyes:Am thinking that if Petrie is "in control of all major decisions" that could be construed as Dempster not being?

DetroitHibs
12-02-2019, 07:54 AM
It seems to me. You implied it. Clearly.

Not true. I don't think she has complete control no. I think the major decisions are signed off by Petrie. That's not a fact, nor can I prove it. It's simply my opinion.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:55 AM

But you implied she wasn't. Asking if she only carries out "menial" tasks. Then suggesting Petrie is in "control" of the major decisions.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 07:56 AM
23 pages of "It's Appleton" and still going... and yet none of us have a clue to the appointment of our new manager.:confused:

It is though.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 07:56 AM
47 hours to go!

Brilliant post 👍🤣

calumhibee1
12-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Hibs certainly can’t be accused of rushing into things :agree:

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 08:00 AM
Hibs certainly can’t be accused of rushing into things :agree:

What's the recommended time for appointing a new head coach?

I'd rather we took as long as it takes.

easty
12-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Not true. I don't think she has complete control no. I think the major decisions are signed off by Petrie. That's not a fact, nor can I prove it. It's simply my opinion.

I didn’t say you said it. I said it seems.

Jamietodd11
12-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Heckingbottom now favourite at bookies :dizzy:

Callum_62
12-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Reckon weve got until end of tomorrow to get someone in the door and be in the dugout on Saturday

Any later than that and id have him in the stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
12-02-2019, 08:20 AM
What's the recommended time for appointing a new head coach?

I'd rather we took as long as it takes.

I just meant in general. We do seem to take longer to do most things than other teams whether that be appointing a new manager, making signings, announcing signings after near enough every other news outlet has announced them etc.

I’m sure we’re even usually later than most with releasing our strips :greengrin

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 08:20 AM
46 hours to go!

Bostonhibby
12-02-2019, 08:22 AM
46 hours to go!46 hours is the new 2 weeks.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 08:24 AM
46 hours is the new 2 weeks.

We'll know if that's true if Hibs announce Eddie May is back in charge! :greengrin

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 08:27 AM
46 hours is the new 2 weeks.

I'm just going to have a running countdown that resets every time there's a news article saying "48 hours".

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:27 AM

I'm told that Leeann does the contract negotiations and the delay is on Appleton's side.

He's haggling over a tenner.

Tobias Funke
12-02-2019, 08:28 AM
90+2 was right!

:hilarious

Hibs90
12-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Announcement today, no sources or anything, pure guesswork.

Hibbyradge

It seems?

Because someone posted a joke about Petrie haggling over a fiver? :faf:

green with envy
It is though.

I've just rang my bookie to cash in on my bet and i've been told that as of now it isn't.

Bostonhibby
12-02-2019, 08:34 AM
I'm just going to have a running countdown that resets every time there's a news article saying "48 hours".[emoji3]

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:35 AM

I've worked it out.

When you say, "It seems" it means you have no idea, but this is what you'd like it to be so you can continue with your anti board rhetoric.

I'm afraid your credibility on this issue is zero, DH.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Announcement today, no sources or anything, pure guesswork.

If it's not today, it'll be another day. No sources. Just guesswork. :greengrin

PS maybe the announcement will be another murder mystery event, or Hibs chocolates on sale for Valentines Day. :greengrin

Allant1981
12-02-2019, 08:38 AM

Or you just make stuff up constantly and get pulled up all the time for it

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 08:40 AM

It's not an opinion. It's a guess made entirely to back up your prejudices.

PatHead
12-02-2019, 08:44 AM
If it's not today, it'll be another day. No sources. Just guesswork. :greengrin

PS maybe the announcement will be another murder mystery event, or Hibs chocolates on sale for Valentines Day. :greengrin

Heard you get an exclusive if you buy the Hibs wine before Valentine's day. By the way, has anyone ever tried our wine?

AugustaHibs
12-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Heckingbottom now favourite with skybet

Jack Hackett
12-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Also in the Sun... Andy Walker claims that our support will be 'underwhelmed' with Appleton. Can't post a link, but he uses the word 'disgruntled' somewhere :rolleyes:

Heard you get an exclusive if you buy the Hibs wine before Valentine's day. By the way, has anyone ever tried our wine?

Loads on here regularly have a Hibs whine.

Silky
I've just rang my bookie to cash in on my bet and i've been told that as of now it isn't.

Did he give you a source?

HibeeMackenzie
12-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Sky bet giving 2/1 on Appleton just now if anyone fancies a lump

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Also in the Sun... Andy Walker claims that our support will be 'underwhelmed' with Appleton. Can't post a link, but he uses the word 'disgruntled' somewhere :rolleyes:

Probably not Celtic-minded enough for him.

Onion
12-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Heckingbottom now favourite with skybet

Is this the equivalent of us getting Mallan, when we couldn't get Allan :cb

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 09:02 AM
45 hours to go!

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 09:06 AM

What he means is "I'm too lazy and stupid to bother doing any research, and I haven't got an actual clue about Hibs fans thinking, so here's some **** I just made up".

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Sky bet giving 2/1 on Appleton just now if anyone fancies a lump

Maybe Petrie's leaking stories so he can manipulate the odds and make more dosh before THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

jacomo
12-02-2019, 09:09 AM
My understanding is that Hibs are set to step up their search for a new Head Coach, with a major development expected within the next 44 hours.

Tomorrow’s journalism lesson: get away with making up quotes for your story by attributing them to ‘an onlooker’.

GoalsMcGinley
12-02-2019, 09:13 AM
The issue is the buy out clause if another, bigger club comes calling. Fully expect it to be sorted out and him appointed today or tomorrow. SkyBet offering 2/1 Appleton. I’ve jumped on to the tune of a big note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
12-02-2019, 09:19 AM
From my point of view I find it refreshing that following on from S.Gerrard, people are willing to have a go in the much maligned and slagged off Scottish system.
Hopefully he will get two/three years minimum and give it a right good go.
I don't think he will turn into a "Calderwood / Fenlon " type debacle certainly.
Time will tell but I'm glad we've looked outside the Scottish bubble

WestCoastHibby
12-02-2019, 09:23 AM

No, I think someone else does the buckets and recycling...

Hibbyradge
12-02-2019, 09:24 AM
From my point of view I find it refreshing that following on from S.Gerrard, people are willing to have a go in the much maligned and slagged off Scottish system.
Hopefully he will get two/three years minimum and give it a right good go.
I don't think he will turn into a "Calderwood / Fenlon " type debacle certainly.
Time will tell but I'm glad we've looked outside the Scottish bubble

It's not following on from Gerard though.

Mowbray, Stubbs, Butcher, Rodgers and no doubt several others plied their trade in Scotland before slippy designed to grace us with his presence.

The Harp
12-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Wish they'd get a move on. I've been looking oot my windae for days now waiting on white smoke to emanate from Rod's office. :(

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 09:46 AM
44 hours to go!

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Appleton back to Fav.

BurghHibby
12-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Not doubting you BTW.

Apologies, my info was incorrect, they are cousins.
In the same year in school and in this photo somewhere as well as my brother.
BB & JJ are top left

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Statement at 5pm.

Speedway
12-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Statement at 5pm.

Welcome to the club Mr. McCarthy

04Sauzee
12-02-2019, 10:51 AM

You've been told 😂😂 :)

Speedway
12-02-2019, 10:53 AM
You've been told 😂😂 :)

https://goo.gl/images/tPK8X2

😉

The_Horde
12-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Deary me. Admins, can we stop this incessant trolling please?

Speedway
12-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Deary me. Admins, can we stop this incessant trolling please?

Hello Pot, nice to meet you.

AltheHibby
12-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Apologies, my info was incorrect, they are cousins.
In the same year in school and in this photo somewhere as well as my brother.
BB & JJ are top left

Thanks for the update. Appreciated.

son of haggart
12-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Is this the equivalent of us getting Mallan, when we couldn't get Allan :cb

On that basis you would get Mappleton.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2019, 11:15 AM

The guy that got sacked from Mackburn?

Underwhelmed.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 11:16 AM

...lumps a fiver on Robert Mapplethorpe.....

matty_f
12-02-2019, 11:19 AM
The guy that got sacked from Mackburn?

Underwhelmed.

Munderwhelmend.

GloryGlory
12-02-2019, 11:20 AM

Assisted by Mapp and Lucia? :greengrin

CapitalGreen
12-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Munderwhelmend.

Absolute mambles

AltheHibby
12-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Might be the perfect moment to whip up some interest in him. 👀

heretoday
12-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Michael Atherton.

Diclonius
12-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Munderwhelmend.

Munmurmhulmed.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Might be the perfect moment to whip up some interest in him. 👀

It would give us some exposure.

And might help to get some bodies in.

AltheHibby
12-02-2019, 11:28 AM
It would give us some exposure.

And might help to get some bodies in.

😂

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 11:32 AM

:top marks

One Day Soon
12-02-2019, 11:33 AM

Would he be able to make a fist of it do you think?

AltheHibby
12-02-2019, 11:36 AM

😲

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2019, 11:38 AM

There is a line in there about a circle-jerk, but it's probably too early in the day to make it.

I won't rise to it.

Northern Hibby
12-02-2019, 11:57 AM
https://m.soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-pod-meets-michael-appleton

Good listen

green with envy
12-02-2019, 12:03 PM
I've just been told by a relative of a player that Appleton KB'd the job last night and again after he was approached this morning.

Now, I have no idea how much truth is in this but have no reason to doubt what I was told, i'm just passing on what I was told.

PS: I was really warming to Appleton becoming our next manager and still hope that he will be our next man in charge.

The 90+2
12-02-2019, 12:13 PM
I've just been told by a relative of a player that Appleton KB'd the job last night and again after he was approached this morning.

Now, I have no idea how much truth is in this but have no reason to doubt what I was told, i'm just passing on what I was told.

PS: I was really warming to Appleton becoming our next manager and still hope that he will be our next man in charge.

I wonder why he's KB'd it? :confused:

green with envy
12-02-2019, 12:16 PM
I wonder why he's KB'd it? :confused:

I have no idea as does the person that told me.