PDA

View Full Version : Well done Tracey Smith!

GreenArmyyy!
09-02-2019, 09:31 AM
FANS REP APPRECIATION POST-

Seen a lot of negativity towards the fans reps role, what they do etc over the last couple of weeks so I thought I should share one of the many things that Tracey Smith has done over the past couple of years yet doesn’t shout from the rooftops looking for credit.

A Hungarian family, Dad, Ferenc and son, Rafael are huge Adam Bogdan fans. They reached out on social media to a few places a couple of months back looking to see how they could get tickets for a game at Easter Road to come and watch Adam play.

Tracey took it upon herself to guide them in the right direction in getting tickets, helped them in every step of the way in organising their trip to Scotland for the Aberdeen game. Not only that but she arranged for the Dad, Mum and Son to meet Adam after the game. They were absolutely over the moon, also to Adam’s credit he stood chatting to them for a good half an hour and brought his partner over to meet them as well.

Dark days at Easter Road just now so really nice to witness stories like this.

Huge credit to Tracey for all of her hard work and effort without asking for so much as a thank you.

You’re a credit to Hibs and a credit to our support.

💚

bigwheel
09-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Superb story ...The fans reps are great at this sort of stuff. Loads of amazing examples [emoji106][emoji2]. Nice one

tartanhibee
09-02-2019, 09:45 AM
As Leeann says the club is more than the result on a Saturday afternoon.

Well done Tracey, Maybe we should praise as much as we criticise.

Lancs Harp
09-02-2019, 09:49 AM
A nice story and good to hear.

I would imagine being a fans rep must seem like a pretty thankless task most of the time. Putting your heart and soul in something but getting nothing but criticism, moans and groans in return.

Keep up the good work Tracey.

GreenArmyyy!
09-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Is it possible to edit the thread title? Just noticed the autocorrect error!

matty_f
09-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Is it possible to edit the thread title? Just noticed the autocorrect error!

:aok:

Allant1981
09-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Would be good to see more examples of what they actually do, then there would maybe be a bit more support for the role going forward

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2019, 10:15 AM
I think both of them are magic,they can both make themselves disappear.:wink:

Seriously well done Tracey, a great feel good story in these troubled times.

Chuck Rhoades
09-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Don’t doubt this is their strength/comfort zone, but the role, as originally advised, is much broader than this. Tackling concerns of the support should be their priority - e.g. e-ticketing issues and backwards step in communication.

Feels like both lean towards their comfort zones and shy away from the rest.

Radium
09-02-2019, 10:32 AM
A good news story without doubt and in keeping with the way the club has welcomed fans over the years. Credit to all those that made it happen.

Other threads will cover the details but a fan elected board member should be about a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
09-02-2019, 10:38 AM
It might be an idea to publish some news regularly on what they've been doing as part of their role.

Maybe then some of us might believe that Frank isn't actually an imaginary character after all

:wink:

Aim Here
09-02-2019, 12:15 PM
For those interested, the references to 'social media' possibly refer, in part, to this hibs.net thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?336759-Visiting-Easter-Road-for-the-first-time

green day
09-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Well done Tracey.

The only negative thing I read on here is the OP using the phrase "reached out" - makes me want to boak........

wookie70
09-02-2019, 01:00 PM
It's a nice story but we need far more communication from the fans reps and the club in general. Tracey has posted on here a few times and I even had a wee bun fight with her that we resolved amicably. She comes across very well and I just wish she would post on here a wee bit more often as I think it would do her reputation and that of the role a lot of good.

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Maybe they don´t come on often because they don´t like banging their own drums, they should, even the small positives or contributions can make a difference to some.

Allant1981
09-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Maybe they don´t come on often because they don´t like banging their own drums, they should, even the small positives or contributions can make a difference to some.

They are the fans reps though, they should be letting the fans know what has been going on

wookie70
09-02-2019, 01:26 PM

They don't need to bang a drum just engage and confirm that fans feelings are recognised by the reps and they are making sure the board know. Ticketing is a good example. The loyalty points may be difficult but there is no debate around Ticketmaster and the service we receive being appalling. That is something the reps could communicate with us on regularly and get examples of what fans face in getting tickets. I can't really see the point of the reps if they don't tell us what view they are representing to the board.

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2019, 01:28 PM
I agree but what I mean is they maybe do alot of small things that they think may not be worth mentioning, and, if they did mention it some of our fans may well be saying oh look at you bigging yourself up. if yi ken whit ah mean.

wookie70
09-02-2019, 01:38 PM
I agree but what I mean is they maybe do alot of small things that they think may not be worth mentioning, and, if they did mention it some of our fans may well be saying oh look at you bigging yourself up. if yi ken whit ah mean.

I get you but the danger in not communicating at all is that many will think what is the point of the role. As said I think Tracey has been very good when she has posted on here. She has taken some stick but I feel she has dealt with it and generally came over as someone who I would trust to represent fans views. The problem is she doesn't post on here very often and the other role holder is more face to face and doesn't do social media.

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not expecting fans reps to be popping up on every thread but when there are threads about ticketing, catering, safety etc then I would expect them to at least acknowledge the concerns and say the club will be informed and then report back on actions if any.

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2019, 01:54 PM
I get you but the danger in not communicating at all is that many will think what is the point of the role. As said I think Tracey has been very good when she has posted on here. She has taken some stick but I feel she has dealt with it and generally came over as someone who I would trust to represent fans views. The problem is she doesn't post on here very often and the other role holder is more face to face and doesn't do social media.

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not expecting fans reps to be popping up on every thread but when there are threads about ticketing, catering, safety etc then I would expect them to at least acknowledge the concerns and say the club will be informed and then report back on actions if any.

:agree: