PDA

View Full Version : Jamie MacLaren

Forza Fred
09-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Watching him making his debut forbMelbourne City...the game just kicked off.

Allant1981
09-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Is the stadium usually as empty as that? Have to admit I don't know a lot about football over there

Ringothedog
09-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Is the stadium usually as empty as that? Have to admit I don't know a lot about football over there

It’s not any worse than stadiums over here

Allant1981
09-02-2019, 08:15 AM

I didn't say it was, I was just wondering if this was what the attendances are normally like

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Not always that empty .
Shared with Melbourne Victory who usually get 20k + -in a 30k capacity stadium - it’s a cracker of a ground .
Fastest beer service in Australia 👍🏼

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Not always that empty .
Shared with Melbourne Victory who usually get 20k + -in a 30k capacity stadium - it’s a cracker of a ground .
Fastest beer service in Australia 👍🏼

Whats the strength of the beer?

Serious question :greengrin

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:22 AM

Last time I went was 2 years ago .
I’m a Sydney FC fan and obviously live in Sydney so don’t go there too often .
Victory v Sydney games are usually at bigger 50k stadium .
Back to question - at that time you were allowed to buy full strength VB - 5% for afternoon games but with evening kick offs was mid strength only 3.5%

Afternoon games usually get hazy

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Back to question - at that time you were allowed to buy full strength VB - 5% for afternoon games but with evening kick offs was mid strength only 3.5%

:thumbsup:

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:36 AM
Should have scored there - a squaff past the post

Lancs Harp
09-02-2019, 08:41 AM
The average gate in the A League last season (17/18) was 10,671

Melbourne had the highest average 17,631 followed by Sydney 14,593

Curried
09-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Goodwin:-)

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 08:43 AM
never got the dislike for Jamie.
He scored 8 in 14 including a hat trick against Rangers.
The intelligent midfielders get moved on and he gets limited game time from Lennon and surprise his goals dry up and all of a sudden "he's not good enough, get rid".

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 08:47 AM

Always full strength in the members

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:49 AM
The average gate in the A League last season (17/18) was 10,671

Melbourne had the highest average 17,631 followed by Sydney 14,593

Think Melbourne Victory pull a bigger average at this ground AAMI park ( aka the Bubbledome) .- despite being a smaller capacity .
Much better stadium than Docklands it whatever it’s called .
City have a very small support base .

Curried
09-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Just a wee half time reminder about Goodwin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zbhsESD1FA

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Always full strength in the members

Never been allowed in there - no posh enough

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Just a wee half time reminder about Goodwin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zbhsESD1FA

Still doesn’t compensate for having to live in Adelaide .😉

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Think Melbourne Victory pull a bigger average at this ground AAMI park ( aka the Bubbledome) .- despite being a smaller capacity .
Much better stadium than Docklands it whatever it’s called .
City have a very small support base .

City lost a lot of their base when the Man City group took them over, changed name from Melbourne heart and changed colours from red/white stripes to sky blue

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 08:55 AM

I get a lift over 😉 ( one for the older ones)

calumhibee1
09-02-2019, 08:57 AM
The intelligent midfielders get moved on and he gets limited game time from Lennon and surprise his goals dry up and all of a sudden "he's not good enough, get rid".

I don’t think I’ve ever saw anyone post or speak in person who didn’t like him. He was offering absolutely hee haw though so it’s best he was moved on.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 08:58 AM

makes me laugh as it's the same at the horse races here, full strength in the members but mid strength in general admission...must get a better class of pisshead in members lol

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:03 AM
I don’t think I’ve ever saw anyone post or speak in person who didn’t like him. He was offering absolutely hee haw though so it’s best he was moved on.

I get what your saying, but losing the calibre of the midfielder we did, Harry Kane would struggle scoring with the service the forwards are getting at the moment.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:05 AM

don't worry mate, they let anyone in...I'm a prime example lol

B.H.F.C
09-02-2019, 09:06 AM

The 8 in 14 was fine.

It was the 1 in 15 this year or whatever it was that was the issue.

LaMotta
09-02-2019, 09:18 AM
City lost a lot of their base when the Man City group took them over, changed name from Melbourne heart and changed colours from red/white stripes to sky blue

:agree:

The 8 in 14 was fine.

1 goal in 6 starts. And he never really got a run of 2 or 3 games in a row, which can of course help a striker.

I think last seasons Maclaren is a truer reflection of his ability.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:20 AM
The 8 in 14 was fine.

as I say, you won't score if you don't get game time or service.I think he could have made an impact but we will never know .
here's a list of goals to minutes so far this season:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/top-scorers

meeks0-7
09-02-2019, 09:23 AM
as I say, you won't score if you don't get game time or service.I think he could have made an impact but we will never know .
here's a list of goals to minutes so far this season:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/top-scorers

Just scored

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Jaaaaammmmmmiiieee Maaaaaccccllllarrrrreeeeennnnnn !!

Keyser Sauzee
Done well for the goal

Sproule Three
He’s scored .
Good work to harass keeper . Neat back heel

BoyledEgg
09-02-2019, 09:25 AM
The Mac is back. Got him to score 2 or more 🙏🏻

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 09:28 AM
Melbourne City fans are singing “he scores when he wants he scores when he wants Jamie MacLaren he scores when he wants”

:faf:

Almost made it two ?

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 09:29 AM
really shows you how poor the standards of the a-league is, not sure what he's achieving by being back their apart from filling his wallet.

bigwheel
09-02-2019, 09:31 AM
really shows you how poor the standards of the a-league is, not sure what he's achieving by being back their apart from filling his wallet.

Yep. Being back home , playing football, living in the sun , by the sea.

Must be murder [emoji2][emoji6]

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Hrs actually doing a lot of good work outside the box too.
Debate over his ability in SPL amongst Hibees but he’ll always do well in A league .

He’s a good guy.
Brought lots of attention to Hibs here in Oz so will always be grateful for that .

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:38 AM

standard is higher than championship and I would suggest bottom half of the SPL.I would also suggest there are more Aussie players in the top leagues in the world than Scottish players at present

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Sure he scored a few for us last season. Including a hat trick against the current buns. Says a lot about standard of our game then.

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Sorry, meant footballing wise- he's learnt all he can in a league where he's dominated already

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Hrs actually doing a lot of good work outside the box too.
Debate over his ability in SPL amongst Hibees but he’ll always do well in A league .

He’s a good guy.
Brought lots of attention to Hibs here in Oz so will always be grateful for that .

Absolutely agree, having 3 hibs players in the national squad plus Arnold quoted as being interested in Hibs job ( bit of mischief by his manager there) has raised our profile here enormously

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Sure he scored a few for us last season. Including a hat trick against the current buns. Says a lot about standard of our game then.

Aye and just forget everything he's done this season for Hibs? oh wait 600 minutes of football 1 goal, played 80 or so here in a-league and scored the same.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Aye and just forget everything he's done this season for Hibs? oh wait 600 minutes of football 1 goal, played 80 or so here in a-league and scored the same.

499 mins for hibs and 83 mins for City

bigwheel
09-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Always looked decent when fit and confident - never seen that too much this season ...as someone else said, probably best for both parties he moved on

He was also one our most expensive players - so helpful to move on if he wasn’t playing too much

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 09:45 AM
standard is higher than championship and I would suggest bottom half of the SPL.I would also suggest there are more Aussie players in the top leagues in the world than Scottish players at present

Mooy, Ryan, Leckie ? compared to Fraser, Robertson, Snodgrass, Armstrong- nah don't think so

Not sure where I said it wasn't better than our 2nd league, I'm just sick of some aussies saying how crap our league is when the defence in theirs is non-existent and players like Taggart and Odonavan fail over here yet in Australia their superstars. Also I included 26 minutes in the cup and 75 minutes in the europa league qualifying games, so yes over 600 minutes of football with 1 goal this season.

Sproule Three
09-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Mooy, Ryan, Leckie ? compared to Fraser, Robertson, Snodgrass, Armstrong- nah don't think so

Not sure where I said it wasn't better than our 2nd league, I'm just sick of some aussies saying how crap our league is when the defence in theirs is non-existent and players like Taggart and Odonavan fail over here yet in Australia their superstars.

Totally agree . No relegation in A league so defences are absolutely woeful as there’s no real consequences

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Not sure where I said it wasn't better than our 2nd league, I'm just sick of some aussies saying how crap our league is when the defence in theirs is non-existent and players like Taggart and Odonavan fail over here yet in Australia their superstars.

you said how poor the A league was, I was merely pointing out where I felt it stood in comparison to Scottish Leagues.
I never said Scottish Leagues were crap, I was just giving my honest opinion between both countries.
I also said there were more Aussies playing in top leagues in the world, not just EPL.Japan, Korea are 2 examples of strong leagues.

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 09:55 AM

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 10:04 AM

you forgot your own name as well..Tommy Rogic, unless you don't rate him either.
anyway, here's a list of Aussies abroad:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/socceroos/roo-radar-where-is-every-aussie-abroad-playing-in-201819/news-story/2b5c0f9d9a97a927e74d021503db2424

The Spaceman
09-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Hope he does well over there - likeable chap who scored some big goals for us! Gutted it never worked out like the second half of last season.

Rogic29
09-02-2019, 11:03 AM
you forgot your own name as well..Tommy Rogic, unless you don't rate him either.
anyway, here's a list of Aussies abroad:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/socceroos/roo-radar-where-is-every-aussie-abroad-playing-in-201819/news-story/2b5c0f9d9a97a927e74d021503db2424

C'mon now, you said top leagues in the world and now your including the Korean League and our league?! really? Italy,Spain,England,Germany,Spain, France are the top leagues.. There are more scottish players playing in those leagues than there are aussies (of course a lot to do with location) but it still doesn't make your point valid.

1van Sprou7e
09-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Goal here: https://streamable.com/7vpxs

Nice finish but deary me, that defending is comical!

Hibs90
09-02-2019, 11:26 AM
His recent comments in the press about leaving because NL was sacked soured it for me. Only interested in saving himself.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 11:38 AM
C'mon now, you said top leagues in the world and now your including the Korean League and our league?! really? Italy,Spain,England,Germany,Spain, France are the top leagues.. There are more scottish players playing in those leagues than there are aussies (of course a lot to do with location) but it still doesn't make your point valid.

depends what your definition is of top leagues.
Absolutely the leagues you mention are top leagues too but if you go by FIFA rankings, Iran , Japan and Korea are ahead of Scotland and Australia is 2 places and 5 points behind.
If you are talking about financial rewards, China is up there as I believe Felini has just moved there for £635,000 per week and others are earning similar amounts.
don't get me wrong, I used to discount these leagues but I am seeing them getting stronger every year and I am impressed with both their club and national sides every time I see them

FilipinoHibs
09-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Very. Been there to see the Victory. BREBNER playing. JAMIE'S current team were originally called Melbourne Hearts and light maroon their colour. Good ridance.

ozwoody
09-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Very. Been there to see the Victory. BREBNER playing. JAMIE'S current team were originally called Melbourne Hearts and light maroon their colour. Good ridance.

Melbourne Heart had red and White stripes was original home colours, they have kept them as the away strip

FilipinoHibs
09-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Melbourne Heart had red and White stripes was original home colours, they have kept them as the away strip

The stickers on walls looked maroon. Clearly a Hearts plot. Jamie found his true home.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 01:35 PM
His recent comments in the press about leaving because NL was sacked soured it for me. Only interested in saving himself.

I know what you mean, but that's not actually what he said. He mentioned the circumstances of NL getting sacked which was a bit ambiguous.

I'm not particularly interested in him anymore though. He's yesterday's news.

ian cruise
09-02-2019, 02:45 PM

I know he wasn't everyone cup of tea but I liked him a lot. It didn't work out for him this season but that's true for the majority of our team bar Efe and Bogdan so to single him out isn't that fair. We knew what his strengths were when we brought him back and Hever played to them.

I'd be more confident about the second half of the season if he was still here compared to where we are now.

Forza Fred
10-02-2019, 01:17 AM
The stickers on walls looked maroon. Clearly a Hearts plot. Jamie found his true home.

And Ex Jambo Patrick Kisnorboiis their assistant coach!

However they were never called Melbourne Hearts.

Melbourne Heart, singular.

One is enough, don’t want an infestation of them over here.

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2019, 03:45 AM
And Ex Jambo Patrick Kisnorboiis their assistant coach!

However they were never called Melbourne Hearts.

Melbourne Heart, singular.

One is enough, don’t want an infestation of them over here.

In the run to their launch they had AD campaign on ATMs in Melbourne with a Hearts like badge in a shade of maroon. There was the clue.

Curried
10-02-2019, 04:02 AM
What with the new Melbourne Jambos badge?

As it looks suspiciously like a Saint George's Cross, I can only assume they're trying to target Poms or Georgians for their supporter base.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2019, 04:07 AM

As it looks suspiciously like a Saint George's Cross, I can only assume they're trying to target Poms or Georgians for their supporter base.

Or Genovese. It was my first night over working Genova (Genoa) when we Don Hutchinson scores in iirc the last game at Wembley prior to rebuild.
So we win but fail to qualify due to perf at Hampden and are out.

I wake up the next day to take my first walk to the office and have to ensur e waking through a sea of St George’s crosses. Turns out he is the city’s patron saint :/

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Ah JM who never wanted to be here, openly admitted at Asian Cup he wanted to go back to A-League, then blamed Lennon departure for not coming back. Muppet

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2019, 07:30 AM

The victory play in dark blue and the club song is to the tune of Scotland The Brave.

I have seen a few games and looks to championship standard. Very physical and fast. No players of the skill levels if the best SPL.

calumhibee1
10-02-2019, 07:37 AM
I know he wasn't everyone cup of tea but I liked him a lot. It didn't work out for him this season but that's true for the majority of our team bar Efe and Bogdan so to single him out isn't that fair. We knew what his strengths were when we brought him back and Hever played to them.

I'd be more confident about the second half of the season if he was still here compared to where we are now.

Agree about knowing his strengths. I don’t doubt if we had put them on a plate for him he’d have scored a good few. The problem is that our team isn’t good enough to do that so he was rendered useless.

Hope he does well over there. Did he move permanently?

Brooster
10-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Ah JM who never wanted to be here, openly admitted at Asian Cup he wanted to go back to A-League, then blamed Lennon departure for not coming back. Muppet

Spot on. I couldn't care less about what JM is up to now.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Disappointed that now he is miles away he has now decided to put his own “spin” on events at Easter Road

In another newspaper report either the Sun or DR he stated that he fell out with NL in another report either the Sun or DR he did not return because NL got sacked?

I would imagine that Lenny was on Flos and Jamie Macs case as they needed to work harder on the pitch to get back up to last seasons standards and I seem to remember him calling out unnamed players for not being robust and making themselves unavailable for selection due to minor niggly injuries

Jamie Macs stats of one goal at HIBS this season speaks volumes

Disappointed Jamie!

Forza Fred
10-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Agree about knowing his strengths. I don’t doubt if we had put them on a plate for him he’d have scored a good few. The problem is that our team isn’t good enough to do that so he was rendered useless.

Hope he does well over there. Did he move permanently?

Yep, not a loan deal, permanent move and apparently on big bucks next season onwards.

Hermit Crab
10-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Spot on. I couldn't care less about what JM is up to now.

I'm the same, he's gash anyway.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm the same, he's gash anyway.

But you care enough to post?

.Sean.
10-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Are we going to have a thread about him ever week? Who cares how he’s getting on.

He was humpty, wanted to leave and we’ve replaced him with a far better player. Couldn’t care less if he scores every week or never scores again. Move on

Hermit Crab
10-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Can post my opinion if I like.

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2019, 11:35 AM

It's a public forum. Can post what you want.

Who cares what he is doing. Not our problem anymore.

Hermit Crab
10-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Are we going to have a thread about him ever week? Who caters how he’s getting on.

He was humpty, wanted to leave and we’ve replaced him with a far better player. Couldn’t care less if he scores every week or never scores again. Move on

:agree:. Exactly.

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 11:43 AM
Can post my opinion if I like.

Yes you most certainly can

Allant1981
10-02-2019, 11:43 AM
It's a public forum. Can post what you want.

Who cares what he is doing. Not our problem anymore.

Is it, I wasnt aware