PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Clubs - Average Attendances

CentreLine
08-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Can’t do a link on my phone but Scotsman has an article giving the average attendances this season.

1. Celtic - 56,970
2. Rangers - 49,576
3. Hibees - 17,457
4. Hearts - 17,377
5. Aberdeen - 15,326

Good numbers so far. Let’s not let the current issues cause us to slip back

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
08-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Can’t do a link on my phone but Scotsman has an article giving the average attendances this season.

1. Celtic - 56,970
2. Rangers - 49,576
3. Hibees - 17,457
4. Hearts - 17,377
5. Aberdeen - 15,326

GGTTH

Surprised that our average is so high - let's hope the fans continue to support the team.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Surprised that our average is so high - let's hope the fans continue to support the team.

Like every other club it's based on ticket sold rather than actual numbers at the game so a bit distorted.

Hopefully we can have a good end to the season and try and keep the numbers up for next season.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:28 PM
We need to back the club on and off the pitch otherwise we will be left behind moaning about Aberdeen and the pink flumps in 5 year time.

My concern is if you haven’t subscribed to HSL already it’s never going to happen and it will be back to moaning like fk. Their fans are backing them off the pitch why can’t ours wake up to do the same? An extremely tenner a month even £20, £30 to have our team on par with the others isn’t much to ask, especially when overall it’s protecting the club also.

hibbydad
08-02-2019, 10:05 PM
We need to back the club on and off the pitch otherwise we will be left behind moaning about Aberdeen and the pink flumps in 5 year time.

My concern is if you haven’t subscribed to HSL already it’s never going to happen and it will be back to moaning like fk. Their fans are backing them off the pitch why can’t ours wake up to do the same? An extremely tenner a month even £20, £30 to have our team on par with the others isn’t much to ask, especially when overall it’s protecting the club also.
I have been saying this for weeks now 90+2 but have hit a brick wall. We are being left well behind by Hearts and Aberdeen

beensaidbefore
08-02-2019, 10:10 PM

Good Post.

I've just signed up. 👍

hibbydad
08-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Good Post.

I've just signed up. 👍
Well done just wish more would join you

hibsfan7
08-02-2019, 10:15 PM
How come the big massive club with 400,000 fans only be 4th behind HIBS?

The Modfather
08-02-2019, 10:33 PM
The fans have been consistently doing our bit for a while now. When we have the inevitable drop of in season tickets next year I hope there’s no finger pointing at the support during what will need to be a massive rebuild.

Weegreenman
08-02-2019, 10:58 PM
If those figures aren’t to drop of a cliff, we need something or someone who’ll excite the supporters to keep buying these season tickets and keep coming back to support the team. It’s absolutely crucial we get the right manager in place ASAP.

mim
08-02-2019, 11:00 PM
The fans have been consistently doing our bit for a while now. When we have the inevitable drop of in season tickets next year I hope there’s no finger pointing at the support during what will need to be a massive rebuild.

You are missing the point. Hearts and Aberdeen fans are doing a BIGGER bit than Hibs fans.
We will be left behind unless something changes.

Waxy
08-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Remember when we were potentially the third biggest club in Scotland?
Now we are.

08-02-2019, 11:30 PM

1. Celtic - 56,970
2. Rangers - 49,576
3. Hibees - 17,457
4. Hearts - 17,377
5. Aberdeen - 15,326

GGTTH

We would have been higher last season too if it hadn't been for their Murrayfield matches where Rangers took about 14,000 and Aberdeen about 7,000 - 8,000 so a total of about 15,000 more away fans than they'd have otherwise been able to accommodate. Pretty sure we therefore had more home fans than them last year.

Shrekko
09-02-2019, 01:10 AM
To an extent the fans are doing their bit but it’s worrying that already so many aren’t going to games and people seem to accept that ST sales will fall off a cliff on the basis of a few bad months... every one is free to choose but it’s not great loyalty and that’s the hallmark of a great support.

tonyrougier123
09-02-2019, 01:25 AM
When are we filling in the corn.......😯

K.Marx
09-02-2019, 07:08 AM
Good numbers but let’s face it the number of people actually attending is dropping quite significantly this season and the atmospheres have been dreadful. Enthusiasm has been sapped out of most folk.

Team needs to start doing some positive things on the pitch but at the same time I think the fans need to try be vocal and get behind them. It’s a 2 way thing.

Onion
09-02-2019, 07:08 AM

Hibs fans have backed the club with record numbers of season tickets and the highest average crowds in a generation. It was up to the Hibs Board, manager and team over the last 3 years to prove that they were capable of taking the club to a new level. That hasn't happened. Yes, we won promotion and did ok last season but the Board and management have failed to maintain the momentum and we've regressed badly in the last 5 months. Until we get a Board we can trust to use resources wisely with genuine ambition, I can't see Hibs fans plunging extra cash into the club.

Hearts situation was unique - a reaction to their club going out of existence. Aberdeen have consistently proven they can use resources well, backed by an excellent manager and results over the last 6 years.

Itsnoteasy
09-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Hibs fans have backed the club with record numbers of season tickets and the highest average crowds in a generation. It was up to the Hibs Board, manager and team over the last 3 years to prove that they were capable of taking the club to a new level. That hasn't happened. Yes, we won promotion and did ok last season but the Board and management have failed to maintain the momentum and we've regressed badly in the last 5 months. Until we get a Board we can trust to use resources wisely with genuine ambition, I can't see Hibs fans plunging extra cash into the club.

Hearts situation was unique - a reaction to their club going out of existence. Aberdeen have consistently proven they can use resources well, backed by an excellent manager and results over the last 6 years.

Bang on the money.
We have also restricted Celtic, Rangers & Aberdenn fans to half of the south stand to accommodate a near sprinkling of Hibs fans there.

where'stheslope
09-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Averages at this time of the season lie!
Its at the end of the season when it counts!
As yet Yams have not played either Rangers or the Sheep at Tincastle, so averages for them will be well down!
At the moment all we should be worrying about is Hibs and getting everything back on track on the pitch!!!

Wakeyhibee
09-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Or we could slip back to having 10k each week and put out a top 6 team like St Johnstone and Killie

The Modfather
09-02-2019, 10:44 AM
You are missing the point. Hearts and Aberdeen fans are doing a BIGGER bit than Hibs fans.
We will be left behind unless something changes.

Record season ticket numbers is definitely the fans doing our bit. We have provided Hibs the platform to be competitive for 3rd, 4th & 5th.

The club also have a duty to look at ways of bringing in more money, not just a reliance on the fans digging ever deeper. Aberdeen, Hearts & Patrick have all had outside investment. They were either very lucky (Patrick certainly were) or we could be doing more to find similar investment. HSL has not been as successful as we’d all have liked, maybe the club should be looking at new and innovative ways to re-invigorate HSL rather than just let it drift. With Aberdeen’s scheme an example of the different ways it can be done.

Keith_M
09-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Like every other club it's based on ticket sold rather than actual numbers at the game so a bit distorted.

Hopefully we can have a good end to the season and try and keep the numbers up for next season.

:agree:

TBF, there's no way there was 56k at Darkheid on Wednesday either.

We're on a record 13.5k STs, and they get counted no matter how many turn up. We're in serious danger of that dropping quite a bit for next season.

bigwheel
09-02-2019, 10:58 AM
:agree:

TBF, there's no way there was 56k at Darkheid on Wednesday either.

We're on a record 13.5k STs, and they get counted no matter how many turn up. We're in serious danger of that dropping quite a bit for next season.

Re Celtic - Was surprisingly big crowd though. Was impressive

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Averages at this time of the season lie!
Its at the end of the season when it counts!
As yet Yams have not played either Rangers or the Sheep at Tincastle, so averages for them will be well down!
At the moment all we should be worrying about is Hibs and getting everything back on track on the pitch!!!

They’ve played them both at home

The 90+2
09-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Good Post.

I've just signed up. 👍

Welcome aboard brother 👍

H18S NX
09-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Build the team.......and they will come.

The Harp Awakes
09-02-2019, 12:22 PM

1. Celtic - 56,970
2. Rangers - 49,576
3. Hibees - 17,457
4. Hearts - 17,377
5. Aberdeen - 15,326

GGTTH

My cousin, a keen jambo always maintains Hibs have a bigger support base than Hearts. Our attendances have increased significantly while Hearts have remained static. I think the investment in Hibs kids many years ago is paying off.

Montford
09-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Pretty incredible attendances for any nation never mind one with less than 6 million people. To put it perspective only
1) Germany
2) England
3) Spain
4) Italy
5) France
6) Netherlands
Can beat it for a top 5 in any league..

Scotland’s well above the likes of Russia, Turkey, Portugal, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Serbia etc...
We should be shouting this from the rooftops when it comes to TV deals, sponsorship etc! Holland being the only country with a population under 30 million that can compete with us

CentreLine
09-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Or we could slip back to having 10k each week and put out a top 6 team like St Johnstone and Killie

Yeh brilliant then I’ll be able to get the seats beside me for family members currently having to sit in random seats round about. 😉

Keith_M
09-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Pretty incredible attendances for any nation never mind one with less than 6 million people. To put it perspective only
1) Germany
2) England
3) Spain
4) Italy
5) France
6) Netherlands

Scotland’s well above the likes of Russia, Turkey, Portugal, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Serbia etc...
We should be shouting this from the rooftops when it comes to TV deals, sponsorship etc! Holland being the only country with a population under 30 million that can compete with us

Austria has a larger population than Scotland (60% higher) but it's best supported team only had an average of 19,000 last year. The second biggest was Sturm Graz, with 10k.

Never mind the OF, they'd love to have teams with the support of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen in the league.

leithsansiro
09-02-2019, 01:32 PM
1) Germany
2) England
3) Spain
4) Italy
5) France
6) Netherlands

That surprises me actually, particularly about Russia. Moscow is a MASSIVE city, admittedly with several major teams, but I’m surprised they wouldn’t pull in greater numbers.

It brings into question, once again, the whole TV deal money. We average bigger attentedences than “lesser” nations, but still get less cash, per club, that places like Sweden and Austria.

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2019, 03:07 PM
1) Germany
2) England
3) Spain
4) Italy
5) France
6) Netherlands

Who's going to watch it on tv? Every c***'s at the game!

HibbySpurs
09-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Bang on the money.
We have also restricted Celtic, Rangers & Aberdenn fans to half of the south stand to accommodate a near sprinkling of Hibs fans there.

Yeah the south stand thing seems a bit of a shooting ourselves in the foot now, be slightly embarrassing to reverse it now.

Wakeyhibee
09-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Yeh brilliant then I’ll be able to get the seats beside me for family members currently having to sit in random seats round about. 😉

Need to fill in the corners first ;)