PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: UPDATE FROM LEEANN DEMPSTER

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
07-02-2019, 02:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9699)

Peevemor
07-02-2019, 02:41 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9699)

5 millions pages!

bod
07-02-2019, 02:43 PM
hardly an update is it

Zazu62
07-02-2019, 02:43 PM
https://youtu.be/pf7vJOi3LwY

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 02:45 PM

I'm not sitting through 17 minutes of that.

Crazyhorse
07-02-2019, 02:46 PM
hardly an update is it

Response to ChrisDic kHead

Zazu62
07-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Haha me neither

yerauldda
07-02-2019, 02:57 PM
I cannot understand some of the absolute garbage that's been spoken about her, especially from our fans.

She's not beyond criticism but she's brought in 2 successful managers, overseen the winning of the Scottish Cup and built the foundations for a very successful club. We have hit our first real bump in the road under her as a CEO but we are a football club, it happens. Let's see what the next appointment brings.

Lendo
07-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Good interview IMHO. Sounds like she is teeing SDG up for a coaching role at some point.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 03:00 PM
hardly an update is it

You watched 17 mins in 3. Well done you. :agree:

Just Jimmy
07-02-2019, 03:01 PM
good. she obviously has a party line but she comes across as passionate and believing in what they are doing. I trust her much more than many other hibs boards in the past.

I think she deals with what needs said well, and she addresses the elephant in the room head on.

it also is well timed, it was needed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Good job nobody asked you to then. :aok:

green day
07-02-2019, 03:02 PM
"we never hear from the club"

"Leeann hasnae said anything"

"they never listen to us"

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Bunch of ****ing radges........................

BlackSheep
07-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Jeez... I dunno how you sit through 17 mins on anything without a moan :LOL:

green day
07-02-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm not sitting through 1.7 minutes of that.

Is that what your missus said last night?

BoomtownHibees
07-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Jeez... I dunno how you sit through 17 mins on anything without a moan :LOL:

Tell him she discusses loyalty points and ticketing arrangements and he will sit through the whole lot.

Twice

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM

:confused:

Billy Whizz
07-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Listen to it, then come back and comment please

Brightside
07-02-2019, 03:16 PM

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Spot on.

Cabbage East
07-02-2019, 03:18 PM

You are the most negative person on this site and that’s some achievement.

04Sauzee
07-02-2019, 03:19 PM

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Absolutely this, I despair sometimes

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:19 PM
You are the most negative person on this site and that’s some achievement.

No danger, thats Cleanyman.

Heisenberg
07-02-2019, 03:20 PM
Some folk are ridiculous. Moan like **** that we haven’t heard anything from Leeann or the club and when we do they won’t listen because it’s too long or doesn’t say what they wanted to hear.

BSEJVT

I cant for the life of me understand that mentality

At the very least you could sit through it and then think a mixture of any of the following or anywhere in between:

1) We wanted to hear from the CEO and we have

2) Thanks but it is all absolute claptrap

3) Heard a few things I didn't know

4) At least something is happening

5) I hate her and don't believe a word she says

6) The board is full of ****s and I should be running the club

By your own admission you don't want to even listen

By extension your mind is made up and nothing anyone ever says will convince you otherwise.

I know from your old Musselburgh thread what a ray of sunshine you really are, but your attendance at games gives you the right to comment on what's on the park.

Some of those comments I agree with others less so.

Do us all a favour though, if you aren't even prepared to listen to the CEO's comments on the wider issues at the football club, shut the **** up.

Your uninformed opinions are as interesting to me as your last *****.

Diclonius

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Yup. What a joke.

J-C
07-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Good interview IMHO. Sounds like she is teeing SDG up for a coaching role at some point.

Not just Gray, looks like she's talking about Daz and Lewis too, keep them here, get their coaching badges, natural progression at the club, Liverpool used to do it as did Man U, Celtic still do.

cleanyman
07-02-2019, 03:26 PM

At least I watched the video :greengrin

California-Hibs
07-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Enjoyed that. You can't help but like her, and if all put on the table does done a fantastic job since 2014. Love what she said about Sir David!

Bostonhibby
Good listen, happy with that as it's about as much as I'd expect the club to be able to say at the moment whoever the spokesperson is.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS

At the very least you could sit through it and then think a mixture of any of the following or anywhere in between:

By extension your mind is made up and nothing anyone ever says will convince you otherwise.

I know from your old Musselburgh thread what a ray of sunshine you really are, but your attendance at games gives you the right to comment on what's on the park.

Do us all a favour though, if you aren't even prepared to listen to the CEO's comments on the wider issues at the football club, shut the **** up.

Offffffffftttttttttttt!!!

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:28 PM

First bit in bold, nah this is a forum for everyones opinions and thoughts.

Second bit in bold - bothered.

And finally, I'll watch it when and if I get a chance and if I choose to.

J-C
07-02-2019, 03:29 PM
She categorically states that the head coach ( Lennon ) has final say on incoming players and any new coach coming will be the same, so the blame for these players being poor lies with Lennon.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:30 PM
At least I watched the video :greengrin

Just as well as it appears you can't speak about it unless you do.

J-C
07-02-2019, 03:31 PM

Surely you cannot comment until you have watched is such an obvious thing, you come across as a really bitter man HC.

green day
07-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Offffffffftttttttttttt!!!

Hes right though Billy, we are going through a crap time at the moment, and some people just seem to revel in it.

If its not the bampots that hate Petrie / Farmer, its the people who appear every time there is a crap result to tell us "I told you so", or the others that just come on for a flippin moan.

Leeann does an update, and as BSEJVT up above says - you might not like it, but FFS at least listen to it !!!!!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Real Emerald
07-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Good update, comes across passionate and still very ambitious for Hibs. If she’d done that a week ago it may have saved a whole load of the criticism she’s taking. The decision on manager is crucial though so I hope she gets that right and we can move onwards and upwards. Silence on what happened, although understandable, will always lead to speculation and rumours. 👍

Heisenberg

How can you possibly comment on what Dempster is saying if you refuse to watch/read any of it?

The 90+2

Why comment on something you haven't watched?

CapitalGreen
07-02-2019, 03:34 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1c6943c372187ed186416b895f4eb06c/tenor.gif

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Anyone got to the bit about Oli Shaw? Nearly fell off my chair.

Tricla
07-02-2019, 03:39 PM

😂

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Well I'm not sure we learnt any more from the interview but it was certainly needed and well timed.

It's clear she understands that for the first time, both she and the Board are under pressure from the fans. That's a good thing she understands the climate.

As much as LD paints a positive picture of the set up, our immediate fortunes hinge on getting the Managerial appointment correct. A massive decision for the Club and it's good to hear her saying she knows that and won't be rushed.

Dinkydoo
07-02-2019, 03:43 PM
hardly an update is it
I'm not sitting through 17 minutes of that.The article is too small but the video is too long.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I thought it was a good honest update and emphasizes that the structure which has brought us success over the past 2/3 seasons is still in place, despite the drama of the past few weeks.

Onion
07-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Great to hear from Leanne.

Must say, she looks uncomfortable during that whole interview, in contrast to her forthright, positive demeanour in her early days at Hibs. Feeling the pressure, maybe ?

Monktonhall 7
07-02-2019, 03:44 PM
It’s a welcome update, and good that they covered her low profile over the last few weeks. Perhaps she will take that feedback on board. I don’t necessarily agree with all she says, Oli Shaw, and the piece about shareholders being more involved in the club, but still good that she’s finally made an appearance.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Switched it off after the bit about Oli Shaw. Not worth listening to after that nonsense

BSEJVT
First bit in bold, nah this is a forum for everyones opinions and thoughts.

Its not an opinion if you have nothing to base it on.

It is stupidity, the rantings of an imbecile

The only thought that went into that if indeed one even did was, time to stir the pot again and show what a rebel I am

Sadly for you I doubt many will be impressed by this infantile behaviour

Second bit in bold - bothered.

How very adult of you. This is exactly why your opinion is utterly worthless

And finally, I'll watch it when and if I get a chance and if I choose to.

So having played the big I am with the I am not watching that, look at me how very rebellious I am nonsense

You now concede that you might

You really are a total rocket

Heisenberg
Anyone got to the bit about Oli Shaw? Nearly fell off my chair.

Aye, one of the best in Europe for his age is a bit of a push.

Peevemor
The article is too small but the video is too long.

I thought it was a good honest update and emphasizes that the structure which has brought us success over the past 2/3 seasons is still in place, despite the drama of the past few weeks.

Don't worry, the content of the video will soon appear on the EEN site split into 4-5 different stories.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Look, if you're not happy then put me on ignore, I don't give a toss either way.

CMurdoch
07-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Think that was calculated chat to get some folk onside

HoboHarry
He most likely isn't but that's the real pity - habitually posting rubbish instead of clever debate which everyone would embrace.....

TrinityHibs
I think you may have almost surpassed Jonnyboy as my favourite poster

Mango Man
I cannot understand some of the absolute garbage that's been spoken about her, especially from our fans.

She's not beyond criticism but she's brought in 2 successful managers, overseen the winning of the Scottish Cup and built the foundations for a very successful club. We have hit our first real bump in the road under her as a CEO but we are a football club, it happens. Let's see what the next appointment brings.

Spot on, some folk have short memories, think about what we were like pre 2014! First bad season in years and it's turmoil and all that positivity seems to be on the decline, football fans are really brutal sometimes.

I want LD to stay as long as possible.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2019, 03:50 PM
She categorically states that the head coach ( Lennon ) has final say on incoming players and any new coach coming will be the same, so the blame for these players being poor lies with Lennon.

Only true to an extent. What if the Head Coach wanted alternative players, which the Club wouldn't or couldn't finance? He would be faced with a decision of taking on no players at all or the ones recommended to him by the recruitment department.

Maybe that's what happened with Lennon? A coincedence that the bust up took place a few days before the end of the transfer window?

Mango Man
07-02-2019, 03:51 PM

Was she not meaning Porteous?

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Surely you cannot comment until you have watched is such an obvious thing, you come across as a really bitter man HC.

If you've met me you will think the opposite.

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Hes right though Billy, we are going through a crap time at the moment, and some people just seem to revel in it.

If its not the bampots that hate Petrie / Farmer, its the people who appear every time there is a crap result to tell us "I told you so", or the others that just come on for a flippin moan.

Leeann does an update, and as BSEJVT up above says - you might not like it, but FFS at least listen to it !!!!!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

:agree:

Hibeesmad
07-02-2019, 03:55 PM

She also mentions the players brought in have got us promotion and 4th in the Premiership.

CMurdoch
Well I'm not sure we learnt any more from the interview but it was certainly needed and well timed.

It's clear she understands that for the first time, both she and the Board are under pressure from the fans. That's a good thing she understands the climate.

As much as LD paints a positive picture of the set up, our immediate fortunes hinge on getting the Managerial appointment correct. A massive decision for the Club and it's good to hear her saying she knows that and won't be rushed.

Spot on.
It was a long statement to say the club is not in crisis, we are working hard to get the right person for the managers job and as soon as we appoint someone we will tell you.

The Harp
Good to hear from Leeann. Glad she's broken her silence.

we are hibs
07-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Switched it off after the bit about Oli Shaw. Not worth listening to after that nonsense

Had to go back to make sure I heard right. Incredible.

Hibs90
07-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Alot of people forget Oli is only 20.

17 goals in 58 league appearances at Hibs and on loan isn't bad for a 20-year-old.

For comparison at the same age

Shaw 17 goals 58 apps
Cummings had 48 in 109 (all but the cup goals and 2 in his first season in the Championship)
Riordan had 25 in 63 in all comps and on 4 on loan
Fletcher had 24 in 150

*Figures might be off slightly but you get the idea. I am not saying she is right, but he isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

JimboHibs
07-02-2019, 03:59 PM
The article is too small but the video is too long.

The mention of drama ?

Do you reckon this platform Hibs.net helps fires the flames regarding the drama of the past few weeks.

Dinkydoo
07-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Don't worry, the content of the video will soon appear on the EEN site split into 4-5 different stories.The cheek of it.

I'm outraged already.

brog
07-02-2019, 04:02 PM

I actually nominated Cleanyman as a contender earlier but I think your post here confirmed you as the undisputed champion of negativity! No doubt Cleanyman will be back refreshed before long on this unseemly race to the bottom!

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 04:03 PM

I can’t speak for any of the other things you’ve mentioned but I can say for certain that if people on here were more tolerant and respectful of those who make negative predictions or share a negative point of view instead of just dismissing them as bed wetter or trolls then you wouldn’t have people saying ‘I told you so’.

Not one Hibs supporter revels in Hibs being crap. The suggestion is nothing more than a defense mechanism for the blindly optimistic who can’t handle the fact that Hibs have messed up.

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Alot of people forget Oli is only 20.

17 goals in 58 league appearances at Hibs and on loan isn't bad for a 20-year-old.

For comparison at the same age

Shaw 17 goals 58 apps
Cummings had 48 in 109 (all but the cup goals and 2 in his first season in the Championship)
Riordan had 25 in 63 in all comps and on 4 on loan
Fletcher had 24 in 150

*Figures might be off slightly but you get the idea. I am not saying she is right, but he isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

“For comparison, here are some other Hibs players and not the actual best strikers aged 20 in European football.”

Dinkydoo
07-02-2019, 04:04 PM
The mention of drama ?

Do you reckon this platform Hibs.net helps fires the flames regarding the drama of the past few weeks.I think any social media platform can encourage trends in opinion, negative and positive.

Our media haven't helped at all, either.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Think that was calculated chat to get some folk onside

Do you think she was lying?

BSEJVT
07-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Look, if you're not happy then put me on ignore, I don't give a toss either way.

I probably should but I cannot stand folk taking uninformed pot shots at the club without biting back.

As others have said bring on the debate, it's a good thing and healthy for the club, but this uninformed rubbish where a few folk decide to vent their spleen in the mistaken belief that folk want to hear their inane ramblings, doesn't help the club one bit, quite the reverse.

I think you must like Hibs or why would you go to see them so often. I suppose you could be a masochist but I don't think so.

Post away to your heats content but try and engage your brain before you do and think objectively about what you post.

Sadly unlike you I could give a toss and only want what is absolutely best for Hibs, not to hear the sound of my own voice,

Hibs90
07-02-2019, 04:11 PM
“For comparison, here are some other Hibs players and not the actual best strikers aged 20 in European football.”

And?

I'm defending him from people saying he is awful, because he isn't as awful as some make him out to be.

Sioux
07-02-2019, 04:12 PM
If you've met me you will think the opposite.

So you've deliberately created an internet persona that turns out to be a dik?

How pathetically sad, or the quoted post is also a pile of dung.

Jones28
07-02-2019, 04:13 PM

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

We have got some ****ing zoomers amongst us 😂😂

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Do you think she was lying?
Do you understand the concept of public relations?

Hibs90
07-02-2019, 04:18 PM
In La Liga about 10 goals from 20 year olds and under in the last 4 seasons..
In Ligue 1 only Mbappe has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seasons
In Bundesliga nobody has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seaons
In Serie A nobody has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seasons
In Scotland its exactly the same...

Again, don't agree he is one of the best young players in Europe by any stretch but this awful chat needs to stop.

Waxy
07-02-2019, 04:20 PM
I’m beginning to think this site is not entirely occupied by real hibees.

Speedway
07-02-2019, 04:20 PM

True statement though. If there's 1,000 of something and you're 999th in that list, you're 'one of the best'. It just so happens that it's the 999th best.

I can’t speak for any of the other things you’ve mentioned but I can say for certain that if people on here were more tolerant and respectful of those who make negative predictions or share a negative point of view instead of just dismissing them as bed wetter or trolls then you wouldn’t have people saying ‘I told you so’.

Not one Hibs supporter revels in Hibs being crap. The suggestion is nothing more than a defense mechanism for the blindly optimistic who can’t handle the fact that Hibs have messed up.

Oh YES they do.

Waxy
07-02-2019, 04:21 PM

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Spot on.

04Sauzee
In La Liga about 10 goals from 20 year olds and under in the last 4 seasons..
In Ligue 1 only Mbappe has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seasons
In Bundesliga nobody has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seaons
In Serie A nobody has scored more than Shaw at the same age in the last 4 seasons
In Scotland its exactly the same...

Again, don't agree he is one of the best young players in Europe by any stretch but this awful chat needs to stop.
Agreed he's nothing like awful. He's still learning his trade. Probably still playing more games than he should. Sometimes wonder why young guys would want to play for Hibs

SquashedFrogg

Tolerance and respect. Lol

green day
07-02-2019, 04:23 PM

I think you are right, which is why I said they "seem" to revel in it.

Why? I cant really answer - one thing is absolutely nailed on about this place. There are certain posters who are thin on the ground when we are doing alright, and who are all over it when things are going a bit breasts skyward.

As for that suggestion being "nothing more than a defense mechanism for the blindly optimistic", well sorry to disappoint you but I am far from the Happy Clapper element, and - FWIW - I think there were elements of LD video that were a bit iffy.

However, I can allow myself to state that because I have actually watched the thing.

Anyone commenting on it without having watched it is either a ****ing radge, or at the windup.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Tolerance and respect. Lol
And here we have my exact point in action.

Translation - “I don’t like what you’re saying but I’m incapable of forming an intelligent retor so I’ll just pretend I’m laughing’”

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 04:26 PM

I agree in main as I myself was called this and that for voicing my concerns about Lennon right before **** hit the fan, you don’t get many people defending or agreeing with me but once he’s gone many now say or acknowledge how **** it become and was the right thing to do.

However, when you get posts saying they aren’t even going to listen to what the MD says on a thread about her interview it’s simply attention seeking and serves no purpose but to troll or agitate others. Why feel the need to comment saying that unless seeking conflict?

Passions are running very high at the moment some do themselves no credit to agitate further.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 04:27 PM
I think you are right, which is why I said they "seem" to revel in it.

Why? I cant really answer - one thing is absolutely nailed on about this place. There are certain posters who are thin on the ground when we are doing alright, and who are all over it when things are going a bit breasts skyward.

As for that suggestion being "nothing more than a defense mechanism for the blindly optimistic", well sorry to disappoint you but I am far from the Happy Clapper element, and - FWIW - I think there were elements of LD video that were a bit iffy.

However, I can allow myself to state that because I have actually watched the thing.

Anyone commenting on it without having watched it is either a ****ing radge, or at the windup.

Agree especially the last couple of paragraphs.

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 04:28 PM
And?

I'm defending him from people saying he is awful, because he isn't as awful as some make him out to be.

I like Shaw, I think he's a decent player and a potential prospect. That doesn't change the fact that what Dempster said is downright absurd.

Hibs90
07-02-2019, 04:30 PM
I like Shaw, I think he's a decent player and a potential prospect. That doesn't change the fact that what Dempster said is downright absurd.

I don't disagree with that but folk saying he is awful etc are talking absolute *****.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 04:30 PM
And here we have my exact point in action.

Translation - “I don’t like what you’re saying but I’m incapable of forming an intelligent retor so I’ll just pretend I’m laughing’”

I just found those words quite funny.

Relax. Save your anger for issues in life that really matter.

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 04:32 PM
I don't disagree with that but folk saying he is awful etc are talking absolute *****.

Agreed, likewise to say that he is "absolutely one of the best young players, certainly for his age group, in Europe" is absolute *****.

Hibs90
07-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Agreed, likewise to say that he is "absolutely one of the best young players, certainly for his age group, in Europe" is absolute *****.

True, but certainly in terms of goals scored he is up there whether people like it or not.

cam2644
07-02-2019, 04:35 PM
The interview is as transparent as possible. Leeann has taken supporter involvement to levels that nobody from a few years back would have believed.
I have great confidence in her and what she is doing.

Brizo
07-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Well I'm not sure Iwe learnt any more from the interview but it was certainly needed and well timed.

:agree:

I would suggest her giving the interview is a result of that climate and the feeling from across a wide spectrum of the support that she has been to low profile for a period of time.

LD always comes across well and while we could pick holes in certain comments she made, the general message was one of positivity.

While any managerial appointments a lottery I have confidence that LD will get it right , again.

Sioux
07-02-2019, 04:42 PM
True, but certainly in terms of goals scored he is up there whether people like it or not.

True, but there are many on here that are obsessed with stats, usually used to back up a negative view. But when these stats are used to display a positive, all of a sudden stats are worthless.

Its quite pathetic.

JimBHibees
good. she obviously has a party line but she comes across as passionate and believing in what they are doing. I trust her much more than many other hibs boards in the past.

I think she deals with what needs said well, and she addresses the elephant in the room head on.

it also is well timed, it was needed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thought it was very good. Communicated well and passionately and quite right in terms of backing some of her staff who have been criticised unfairly.

The Modfather
20 pages, numerous mutual consents, Brexit/Scottish independence introduced at some point, Petrie, recruitment & Lennon is a winner...

I’m away to get some popcorn.

madhatter
07-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Not really an update tbh. Summary is “we’re working on it” which is something we all assumed would be the case.

I thought it was quite good though. Biggest issue with it all is I got the feeling we’d target keeping “good people” at the club over getting “top quality people”. Gray and McGregor could be garbage coaches but we’d keep them. I don’t know, I’d like to see more Hibs players end up coaches and managers as there aren’t many out there but not at the expense of success. Who wants to pay to go see good people fail on a regular basis?

Shaw being one of the top in his position in Europe was quite far-fetched as well...

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 04:45 PM

Why do you ask? I was wondering if the poster thought she was lying.

My_Wife_Camille
I just found those words quite funny.

Relax. Save your anger for issues in life that really matter.
And trying to devalue someone’s input by suggesting that it’s the result of nothing more than an inability to control some made up anger issues doesn’t make your own point (whatever it is) any more valid.

In any case, even if it was true, your advice is dreadful. Why spend negative emotions on ‘real’ things that might actually be affected by it when you can vent on the internet about football and save the positivity for the things that really matter?

My_Wife_Camille
Why do you ask? I was wondering if the poster thought she was lying.
You’ve answered your own question there!

The_Horde
07-02-2019, 04:48 PM

Deary me. This place was so much better when you were banned.

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Did she answer the two burning questions of the moment:

What happened to the seagulls?

Is there any of the John McGinn money left for a new Tannoy system?

Hi Heid Yin
07-02-2019, 04:52 PM

The blame is a collective one.
The player is profiled and identified by our recrutiment team, and if deemed to be what we are looking for in terms of stats and other background information,
this information is then relayed to the manager - whether Alan Stubbs or Neil Lennon.
The manager is faced with either going with the recommendation (thus placing trust in his recruitment team) or ignoring it.
Should he go with the player then he has to fit him into his team and get the best out of him. This is where his main responsibility lies.

The recruitment team have a responsibility to get it right in terms of profiling. Replacing McGinn and McGeough was always a tough ask of them.

Leeann Dempster named Craig Mathie as the guy behind the scenes responsible for profiling McGinn. Alan Stubbs in that instance went with the recommendation.

It's become clear that both Alan Stubbs and Neil Lennon were not tasked with profiling and each of them enjoyed both success and relative failure from the recommendations of our back room boys.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Her opinion, and presumably that of the people at Hibs who work with Olly, is that he's an exceptional talent.

I don't know all the 20 year old strikers in Europe, but I'm not going to get annoyed if our club think he's not out of place amongst the better ones.

It's certainly better to hear a positive exaggeration, if that's what Leeane gave us, than the negative, destructive stuff that gets thrown around on here.

I hope Olly heard her say that and I hope it does his confidence a load of good.

Keyser Sauzee
07-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Shaw one of the best in Europe, can’t believe she said that. Good young player and has done well for us this year but he’s nowhere near one of the best 20 year old players in Europe.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 04:54 PM
And trying to devalue someone’s input by suggesting that it’s the result of nothing more than an inability to control some made up anger issues doesn’t make your own point (whatever it is) any more valid.

In any case, even if it was true, your advice is dreadful. Why spend negative emotions on ‘real’ things that might actually be affected by it when you can vent on the internet about football and save the positivity for the things that really matter?

Yip, you definitely sound quite angry today.

My point was that if you are going to be an angry person, why not channel it towards something where you can affect change and make a difference. Social inequality being one example. Then your anger would (a) be valid, and (b) have the potential to do good.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 04:55 PM

What are you on about?

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Yip, you definitely sound quite angry today.

My point was that if you are going to be an angry person, why not channel it towards something where you can affect change and make a difference. Social inequality being one example. Then your anger would (a) be valid, and (b) have the potential to do good.
You’re certainly an unusual one, I’ll give you that 🤠

CapitalGreen
07-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Shaw one of the best in Europe, can’t believe she said that. Good young player and has done well for us this year but he’s nowhere near one of the best 20 year old players in Europe.

Who cares? All clubs big up their own players who could be potential saleable assets in the future.

Nobody seemed to mind when we were singing about McGinn being better than Zidane.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 05:01 PM
What are you on about?
I was asking the question because you were wondering if the poster thought she was lying.

Your second sentence was the answer to your question in the first one

SquashedFrogg
You’re certainly an unusual one, I’ll give you that 🤠

😀

The Modfather
The player is profiled and identified by our recrutiment team, and if deemed to be what we are looking for in terms of stats and other background information,
this information is then relayed to the manager - whether Alan Stubbs or Neil Lennon.
The manager is faced with either going with the recommendation (thus placing trust in his recruitment team) or ignoring it.
Should he go with the player then he has to fit him into his team and get the best out of him. This is where his main responsibility lies.

The recruitment team have a responsibility to get it right in terms of profiling. Replacing McGinn and McGeough was always a tough ask of them.

Leeann Dempster named Craig Mathie as the guy behind the scenes responsible for profiling McGinn. Alan Stubbs in that instance went with the recommendation.

It's become clear that both Alan Stubbs and Neil Lennon were not tasked with profiling and each of them enjoyed both success and relative failure from the recommendations of our back room boys.

How come the profile of players changed from young players with potential during Stubbs’ time, to older players and a more short term outlook under Lennon? Would the manager task the recruitment team with finding a certain profile of player? Either way, the squad Lennon has left the new man is an imbalanced shambles short of quality.

Keyser Sauzee
07-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Who cares? All clubs big up their own players who could be potential saleable assets in the future.

Nobody seemed to mind when we were singing about McGinn being better than Zidane.

I don’t really care that much just surprised more than anything.

Nobody minded about the McGinn song ur right, it was blatantly toungue in cheek however Leeann is deadly serious, which is mental.

green day
07-02-2019, 05:07 PM
If Gauld has a £60m buyout clause, then I'm happy to state that Oli is one of the best young strikers in Europe.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 05:07 PM
I was asking the question because you were wondering if the poster thought she was lying.

Your second sentence was the answer to your question in the first one

Are you seeing things?

My second sentence wasn't an answer to anything.

I asked CMurdoch if he thought Leeann was lying about trying to keep SDG involved with the club.

As far as I can see, I haven't had an answer to what, to me, was a fairly straightforward question.

Wilson
07-02-2019, 05:14 PM

We are perhaps guilty of not getting excited enough about our young talent. Celtic sign a 20 year old who scores against St Mirren and Motherwell and we hear that he's worth millions. We bring through a 20 year old who likes a goal against Celtic and we're not allowed to get excited.

As for saying he's one of the best in Europe for his age group well that's an opinion. Top 5? Top 100? Top 1000? It depends in your metric. We should be applauding the belief shown in our talent and hoping they ARE pushing him to prove himself that good. Instead we over analyse the comment and end up doing our own player down.

Go Ollie! That is what I say.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 05:16 PM

Are you seeing things?

My second sentence wasn't an answer to anything.

I asked CMurdoch if he thought Leeann was lying about trying to keep SDG involved with the club.

As far as I can see, I haven't had an answer to what, to me, was a fairly straightforward question.
That makes two of us then!

J-C
07-02-2019, 05:17 PM

You just will not see any criticism of your beloved Lennon, he could've said no to some of these players, yet he accepted what he saw and failed to turn then into a solid decent team, he coaches ergo his fault

emerald green
07-02-2019, 05:20 PM
I hope Leeann Dempster doesn't read some of the ill informed and / or negative posts on this forum. If so, she will probably shake her head in despair, or otherwise just get a good laugh and ignore it.

It would be a big loss to Hibs if she were to leave.

wookie70
07-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Pretty bog standard manager chat bigging up her employers organisation and her staff and not saying anything that we didn't know. All fine in my opinion and reasonable timing. I'll have to listen to Mays interview as she seemed to enjoy that. I'm glad she confirmed that managers have final say in players for the hard of thinking and that any manager would have to buy into the vision which I wholeheartedly support. My own view is Lennon didn't sit as comfortably in that as others might

we are hibs
07-02-2019, 05:21 PM
So Lennon had the final say.

Once the player/s are highlighted to the manager, their rask is to take a closer look (like what proper managers do) and see if they fit their style, philosophy etc.

Lennon didn't sign 1 player without his consent.

I find it extraordinary that people seem to genuinely think it's just a coincidence that we signed lots of good hungry players under the previous manager then a new man comes in and it stops but it's not his fault; it's the process. The same process which was working until the new man came in. Just a coincidence, though.

Alex Trager
07-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Only true to an extent. What if the Head Coach wanted alternative players, which the Club wouldn't or couldn't finance? He would be faced with a decision of taking on no players at all or the ones recommended to him by the recruitment department.

Maybe that's what happened with Lennon? A coincedence that the bust up took place a few days before the end of the transfer window?

If you can’t afford the players you can’t afford them. Regardless of whether they are your find or not.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 05:23 PM
That makes two of us then!

What's wrong with you?

Are you trolling again?

If so, why?

What does it matter to you if I ask a question of another poster?

Hibby70
07-02-2019, 05:26 PM
The best bit was when she talked about travelling round the country conducting interviews.

"George and I have spent a lot of time in England this last week. In the main it was very enjoyable but the standard of service on the Sleeper was atrocious. One of the staff kept banging on my door asking about the eticketing site."

Wull
07-02-2019, 05:27 PM
watched the interview, and feel numb, no serious aspirations of becoming "the third force" I actually think she was given the script from Rod, the Oli quip, well I bet even Oli feels embarrassed by it, and if we are to rely on youth players breaking thru, then we will be back to where we were 4 years ago, no disrespect to some of the young guys but if we dont budget for at least a couple of established players, and not 80% of the loanees we have had over the last few seasons we will be nowhere near where we thought we were heading at the start of the season,
these are my thoughts if you think otherwise, ....

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 05:28 PM
What's wrong with you?

Are you trolling again?

If so, why?

What does it matter to you if I ask a question of another poster?
Nothing

No

N/A

It’s a public forum. I was interested into entering the discussion, just as you did with your own question.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2019, 05:31 PM
watched the interview, and feel numb, no serious aspirations of becoming "the third force" I actually think she was given the script from Rod, the Oli quip, well I bet even Oli feels embarrassed by it, and if we are to rely on youth players breaking thru, then we will be back to where we were 4 years ago, no disrespect to some of the young guys but if we dont budget for at least a couple of established players, and not 80% of the loanees we have had over the last few seasons we will be nowhere near where we thought we were heading at the start of the season,

I also wasn't impressed with some of the comments - Eddie was hilarious in interview, we are not in turmoil, she goes every week. Well if she saw what we saw last night, she surely would have been concerned?? 8th in the league isn't acceptable.

She does talk a lot of sense, but don't think she really gets what we as fans are feeling/seeing

marinello59
07-02-2019, 05:35 PM
I also wasn't impressed with some of the comments - Eddie was hilarious in interview, we are not in turmoil, she goes every week. Well if she saw what we saw last night, she surely would have been concerned?? 8th in the league isn't acceptable.

She does talk a lot of sense, but don't think she really gets what we as fans are feeling/seeing

It was a bit of a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. It was better than silence though.

Sioux
07-02-2019, 05:42 PM

You'd need to be a raving lunatic to 'get' some of the utter drivel on here. The words she used were, when referring to some comments, 'rubbish' and something about 'dreamland' was it?

greenpaper55
07-02-2019, 05:43 PM

The "third force" in Scotland ie Kilmarnock work under the same constraints as we do but with a smaller budget, there is no alternative to living within our means but you have to be pretty smart with the players you bring in to do well. Who in their right mind is going to lend a football club say 5 million on a turnover of 9 million is the vain hope that we can be a major force in Scottish football and even that would not be enough ! Leeann has said that the manager always has the final say on any player coming in, this should put to bed the idea that there is some committee at ER buying players without the managers consent. Time to stop the arguing about the club not doing enough and get behind team.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Nothing

No

N/A

It’s a public forum. I was interested into entering the discussion, just as you did with your own question.

"Do I understand the concept of public relations?" That was your question, wasn't it.

I do know that Public Relations is a thing that companies take an interest in. I would very much doubt that I fully understand the concept, however.

I realise that we have met in the past, but I don't recall you ever taking an interest in my knowledge of concepts of any kind before.

I don't know whether to be flattered or scared.

I've seen the whole interview now so I don't need CMurdoch to answer my question now.

Leeann clearly wasn't lying.

Chorley Hibee
07-02-2019, 05:45 PM
I wasn't overly impressed with the content either, and feel that it's reactive stance as opposed to a proactive one.

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 05:46 PM

We don't run Hibs, it was a tongue in cheek song, and Zidane rhymes with Alan Stubbs' man. I can't believe I'm having to type that out but this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 05:51 PM
I wasn't overly impressed with the content either, and feel that it's reactive stance as opposed to a proactive one.

Yes, it was a reaction to the criticism that's been thrown at the board, and LD personally, and I'm glad she did react.

Rod Petrie would probably have just ridden out the grief in the knowledge that once a new head coach was appointed, the fans' focus would change.

It's a no win situation for her. There have been people criticising the board's PR efforts recently, but when they try to put that right, they get grief for doing so.

wookie70
07-02-2019, 05:54 PM
It was reactive but it was also considered, positive and professional. Hopefully the same type of interview future managers will give.

WeeRussell
07-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Some amount of truly bizarre posts on this thread already. Are people actually losing their minds over our current predicament?!

Thought it was a good interview. 17 mins worth of content means she’s unlikely to deliver 100% for everyone in everything she says, but I think she came across very well. Then again I’ve never had any doubt about the job she is doing.

Wilson
07-02-2019, 05:58 PM

Well, of course it is. We had a well respected coach who was given as much backing as we could muster and it all went South very very quickly. We are on the back foot.

The important work is sifting through applications and doing interviews for the head coach role. This interview is very much a reaction to the scrutiny we've been under and is taking time away from making a crucial appointment.

It is easier to be proactive when you are on the front foot. Thankfully, LD can lean on her strengths - the structure she has in place and the good team she has assembled.

Getting this head coach appointment right should be taking up all of her focus.

ian cruise
07-02-2019, 05:59 PM
It was reactive but it was also considered, positive and professional. Hopefully the same type of interview future managers will give.

Yup, she acknowledged in the interview itself it's reactive. I thought she looked uncomfortable at having to explain what she felt was pretty obvious on so many topics, hence why some of the quips felt a bit off. She's probably in the middle of one of the busiest parts of the recant she's being asked to come and reassure fans that she's got the clubs best interests at heart and they know what they're doing.

Onion
07-02-2019, 06:02 PM

IMO Lennon was such a big character and good media copy that Leanne deliberately took a step back from the media spotlight - rightly or wrongly. There simply wasn't room for both of them at the same time.

Now that Lennon is out the picture, hopefully Leanne can come to the fore again as a Hibs figurehead, as she usually does it so well.

tamig
07-02-2019, 06:03 PM

"whats the plan?"

"Im not watching that"

"its too long"

"call that an update"

"waaah, waaaah"

Spot on N.

CapitalGreen
07-02-2019, 06:04 PM
We don't run Hibs, it was a tongue in cheek song, and Zidane rhymes with Alan Stubbs' man. I can't believe I'm having to type that out but this forum never ceases to amaze me.

My comment about McGinn song was similarly tongue in cheek.

When did everyone become so highly strung.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 06:06 PM
"Do I understand the concept of public relations?" That was your question, wasn't it.

I do know that Public Relations is a thing that companies take an interest in. I would very much doubt that I fully understand the concept, however.

I realise that we have met in the past, but I don't recall you ever taking an interest in my knowledge of concepts of any kind before.

I don't know whether to be flattered or scared.

I've seen the whole interview now so I don't need CMurdoch to answer my question now.

Leeann clearly wasn't lying.
I have to admit that flattery and fear are not feelings that I’ve ever felt when someone has simply asked me a question before so I’m afraid I can’t help with that.

Although it might explain why CMurdoch hasn’t answered you, he’s probably hiding under a table somewhere cowering in fear because Hibbyradge has taken a sudden interest in his opinions about whether Leeann Dempster is a liar or not 😆

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 06:06 PM
My comment about McGinn song was similarly tongue in cheek.

When did everyone become so highly strung.

I know. I nearly replied to the young chap pointing that out, but I was confident you could take care of it yourself. :greengrin

Speedway
07-02-2019, 06:12 PM
We’ve had a go at being a big club with a big manager.

No one liked it in the end.

Time to revert to type. Community club developing players to sell on and provide financial longevity for the club.

Have a go at the cups, Top 6 and Europe while we’re at it but the first bit is the priority.

We are Ajax.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 06:15 PM
I have to admit that flattery and fear are not feelings that I’ve ever felt when someone has simply asked me a question before so I’m afraid I can’t help with that.

As I said, I wasn't sure if either of those emotions were appropriate so I decided to go for something else.

My primary emotion now is a combination of mild amusement and pity. I'm not sure what the name for that is, but I'm certainly not going to enquire on here.

No way. I learned the hard way that you just never know who'll decide to take an interest.

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 06:16 PM
I find it extraordinary that people seem to genuinely think it's just a coincidence that we signed lots of good hungry players under the previous manager then a new man comes in and it stops but it's not his fault; it's the process. The same process which was working until the new man came in. Just a coincidence, though.

New man came in and got us promoted, short term success is what was needed, Job done.

Chorley Hibee
07-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Well, of course it is. We had a well respected coach who was given as much backing as we could muster and it all went South very very quickly. We are on the back foot.

The important work is sifting through applications and doing interviews for the head coach role. This interview is very much a reaction to the scrutiny we've been under and is taking time away from making a crucial appointment.

It is easier to be proactive when you are on the front foot. Thankfully, LD can lean on her strengths - the structure she has in place and the good team she has assembled.

Getting this head coach appointment right should be taking up all of her focus.

In isolation, there would be nothing wrong in a reactionary statement/update, but when they become the norm then it's clear there is something not going to plan.

Our club seems to be eternally on the back foot, and for once I would like to see the club dealing proactively with the majority of issues facing it, instead of ignoring them and sticking their head in the sand.

I hope that this is the first step towards that, I have my concerns however that this yet more platitudes and little substance.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 06:21 PM
New man came in and got us promoted, short term success is what was needed, Job done.

And then signed a pile of crap and dragged us down to 8th.

Job done indeed.

Keith_M
07-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Hibbyradge and Camille, could you two please get a room...

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 06:24 PM
And then signed a pile of crap and dragged us down to 8th.

Job done indeed.

I seem to recall us finishing 4th after battling for second.

You skipped that bit.

Earned LD a fair few personal penny's.

My_Wife_Camille
07-02-2019, 06:25 PM
As I said, I wasn't sure if either of those emotions were appropriate so I decided to go for something else.

My primary emotion now is a combination of mild amusement and pity. I'm not sure what the name for that is, but I'm certainly not going to enquire on here.

No way. I learned the hard way that you just never know who'll decide to take an interest.
I’m sorry it was so hard for you, I hope you can recover from the difficult experience of having someone ask you a question on the Internet moments after you asked someone a question on the internet 🤠

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 06:28 PM
I seem to recall us finishing 4th after battling for second.

You skipped that bit.

We finished 1 place above where our budget would theoretically have us finish. Decent I suppose.

He then signed a pile of crap and dragged us down to 8th.

Believe it or not I was very much a Lennon fan. I just find it hard to ignore the mess he has left.

Keith_M
07-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Honestly, this is way beyond just boring...

Allant1981
07-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Are you really that daft that you actually typed that out

Lago
07-02-2019, 06:33 PM

It's nonsense, at 20 he is not young in footballing terms. If she had said Scotland rather than Europe yeah ok, but she must be aware of the 18 year old currently at Chelsea who is the subject of a multi million pound bid from Bayern Munich. I don't think Oli will ever attract that kind of attention.

I think she has realised that she had to show face & good on her for doing that, but as to an update, not really, merely repeated the same thing over & over with some small variations.

She didn't look comfortable during the interview.

Hi Heid Yin
How come the profile of players changed from young players with potential during Stubbs’ time, to older players and a more short term outlook under Lennon? Would the manager task the recruitment team with finding a certain profile of player? Either way, the squad Lennon has left the new man is an imbalanced shambles short of quality.

I'm not sure it is as black and white as you suggest.

I actually think that the guys behind the scenes, including our hierarchy, took their eyes off the ball and got just a little complacent after a fantastic 4th place finish with scintillating football.

The profile changed, with the focus on getting perhaps a few more experienced players through the door to cement our place in the top 4. Something evidently didn't feel right about last summers recruitment, especially the Allan affair that dragged on and ultimately was scuppered. Players with potential were definitely targeted (ie Mallan and Horgan). Their respectvie stats indicated that they would be "sound acquisitions". Certainly nobody "moaned" when we signed them.

I would agree that the squad is "imbalanced" with far too many guys in the middle of the park "cloning each other". The creativity has diminished along with the drive of a McGinn-type player.

pacoluna
We finished 1 place above where our budget would theoretically have us finish. Decent I suppose.

Believe it or not I was very much a Lennon fan. I just find it hard to ignore the mess he has left.

Yes he single handedly dragged us down to 8th.

Vault Boy
07-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Good interview. I really like Leeann and the work she's done for the club. Hope she's with us for many years to come.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 06:46 PM
I probably should but I cannot stand folk taking uninformed pot shots at the club without biting back.

As others have said bring on the debate, it's a good thing and healthy for the club, but this uninformed rubbish where a few folk decide to vent their spleen in the mistaken belief that folk want to hear their inane ramblings, doesn't help the club one bit, quite the reverse.

I think you must like Hibs or why would you go to see them so often. I suppose you could be a masochist but I don't think so.

Post away to your heats content but try and engage your brain before you do and think objectively about what you post.

Sadly unlike you I could give a toss and only want what is absolutely best for Hibs, not to hear the sound of my own voice,

Right I've had a chance to watch it.

She stutters her way through the interview as if she's trying to work round giving direct answers to some questions.

She says May has done a fantastic job? No he hasn't, he doesn't want to do the job.

Eddie May, champion of press conferences...:confused:

Shaw is most definitely not one of the best in Europe. Don't know where she gets that from.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 06:46 PM

He picked the team and selected the tactics. Albeit he did have an assistant, so not entirety single handed.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 06:52 PM

You’ve changed mate 😀👍

Paco will never ever accept what you say and probably say on his couch watching Stubbsy winning the the Scottish cup either that or his surname is Forrest.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 06:57 PM

No, his signings also done that. His selection bingo didn’t help as did his non commitment from the day he got the job “I’ll ill be there in a few weeks I’m working he Euros” - “Gary take training I’m away over to Ireland to work on telly” as well as signing a big massive pile of “non-winners” then playing the majority out of position and reluctant to play Gray and Daz through jealousy. Boy couldn’t give a **** about you or our club since the end of last season, mind the flu episode 😂

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 07:00 PM
No, his signings also done that. His selection bingo didn’t help as did his non commitment from the day he got the job “I’ll ill be there in a few weeks I’m working he Euros” - “Gary take training I’m away over to Ireland to work on telly” as well as signing a big massive pile of “non-winners” then playing the majority out of position and reluctant to play Gray and Daz through jealousy. Boy couldn’t give a **** about you or our club since the end of last season, mind the flu episode ��

I think we got the jist of your thoughts regarding Lennon as back as erm... September, October. Nothing new. You didn't like guy.

The Green Goblin
07-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Great to hear from Leanne.

Must say, she looks uncomfortable during that whole interview, in contrast to her forthright, positive demeanour in her early days at Hibs. Feeling the pressure, maybe ?

That was my first thought too.

The Green Goblin
07-02-2019, 07:10 PM

She stutters her way through the interview as if she's trying to work round giving direct answers to some questions.

She says May has done a fantastic job? No he hasn't, he doesn't want to do the job.

Shaw is most definitely not one of the best in Europe. Don't know where she gets that from.

Did she say anything you agreed with?

What did she not say that you were hoping she would say?

Hibees1973
07-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Not in turmoil.

Well she just cost us over half a million pounds paying compensation to Lennon and Parker. Dempster should have let Lennon get on with his job.

What I feel is guaranteed is that our new manager is not in a job. Dempster and Petrie are still cooling their hands after getting their fingers burnt over the Lennon affair. No chance of them paying compensation to a club with a manager. Rules us out of Clarke and anyone CURRENTLY doing a good job. Which leaves us looking at damaged goods and a manager with an iffy/no record.

Are we really going to get a manager that is better then Lennon. With a bit more patience and better work from our recruitment team I had faith that Lennon would get us back on track. I know Lennon had his faults but I cannot see the new manager having a better record than his.

No doubt Dempster did a good job for the last few years but she has put herself under huge pressure to produce a successful manager who needs to keep our season ticket levels high.

Get the feeling when the manager is announced it isn’t going to be met with widespread delight. Especially as our support is split over the Lennon affair.

It is vital the we get a new manager bounce to propel us into the top six and to at least a Scottish Cup semi final. We need revenue.

Failing this, season ticket sales are likely to be below 10,000 and therefore a lower transfer budget next season.

Hope we can get over this debacle quickly. If not, we could be messing around in the bottom six for a few years.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Not in turmoil.

Well she just cost us over half a million pounds paying compensation to Lennon and Parker. Dempster should have let Lennon get on with his job.

What I feel is guaranteed is that our new manager is not in a job. Dempster and Petrie are still cooling their hands after getting their fingers burnt over the Lennon affair. No chance of them paying compensation to a club with a manager. Rules us out of Clarke and anyone CURRENTLY doing a good job. Which leaves us looking at damaged goods and a manager with an iffy/no record.

Are we really going to get a manager that is better then Lennon. With a bit more patience and better work from our recruitment team I had faith that Lennon would get us back on track. I know Lennon had his faults but I cannot see the new manager having a better record than his.

No doubt Dempster did a good job for the last few years but she has put herself under huge pressure to produce a successful manager who needs to keep our season ticket levels high.

Get the feeling when the manager is announced it isn’t going to be met with widespread delight. Especially as our support is split over the Lennon affair.

It is vital the we get a new manager bounce to propel us into the top six and to at least a Scottish Cup semi final. We need revenue.

Failing this, season ticket sales are likely to be below 10,000 and therefore a lower transfer budget next season.

Hope we can get over this debacle quickly. If not, we could be messing around in the bottom six for a few years.

I missed the bit about the compensation. Where was that said?

allmodcons
07-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Not in turmoil.

I agreed with much of what of say about Lennon but the bit in bold is just made up isn't it?

04Sauzee
07-02-2019, 07:18 PM

It wasn't seems like it's made up

Hibeesmad
07-02-2019, 07:18 PM
One Neil Lennon

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2019, 07:19 PM
I think we got the jist of your thoughts regarding Lennon as back as erm... September, October. Nothing new. You didn't like guy.

even Neil Lennon is aware '90+2' doesn't like him

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2019, 07:20 PM
One Neil Lennon

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WhichDisfiguredEft-size_restricted.gif

:flag:

greenpaper55
07-02-2019, 07:24 PM

I would imagine after what happened last week that Lennon got anywhere near his full salary as a pay off.

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 07:31 PM
I would imagine after what happened last week that Lennon got anywhere near his full salary as a pay off.

Was that anywhere near or nowhere near?

After what happened?

WhileTheChief..
07-02-2019, 07:32 PM
I liked it.

I thought she was kinda angry through it, not defensive or uncomfortable. That’s a good thing.

Glad she mentioned all the rumours and speculation and basically said it was all trash talk.

I’d have liked her to expand on the Lennon situation but understand why she couldn’t.

I feel more positive about about her now than I did yesterday or last week.

18Craig75
07-02-2019, 07:33 PM

Surely the head coach only picks from the players scouted by the recruitment team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Was that anywhere near or nowhere near?

After what happened?

We're everywhere and nowhere.

Baby

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 07:37 PM
We're everywhere and nowhere.

Baby

Hi Ho Silver Lining?

jacomo
07-02-2019, 07:38 PM
It was a bit of a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. It was better than silence though.

Fair comment.

When fans say things are a shambles they are not commenting on the reporting lines within the management structure or the state of the filing. They are talking about what they are seeing on the park. I think she’s taken some criticism too personally.

My other reaction is that her and Lenny had a very serious falling out. She was very cold about that situation.

Real Emerald
07-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Surely the head coach only picks from the players scouted by the recruitment team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s how I read it. We’re only getting one side of the story so we don’t know if that was part of the problem that pissed Lennon off. I’ve no reason to believe it was but until we actually know what happened all this is still up in the air to be speculated on. I’m desperately hoping there’s no problem in that respect but you can’t help wondering.

madhatter
07-02-2019, 07:50 PM

I would imagine he left with the intended purpose of not destroying his reputation and took a financial hit in order to get a joint statement. A lot of people imagining things that suit their mindset, many people could have successful careers in media.

Still have no idea why we still have “let Lennon get on with the job” statements now. Regardless of what led to him leaving, it is obvious bridges were burnt so I’ve no idea why that’s still being banded about in some sort of pro-Lennon way.

Players need to toughen up and take constant criticism as they are well paid...Some of these players are Scottish Cup legends who have been at the club for several years.

The highest paid Hibs manager in recent history should’ve been left alone to get on with the job. Even although he was messing it up big time this season.

Lennon signed the good players. The club forced the rest upon him. Even though we know some came from Lennon’s contacts.

Leeann is 100% right on her statement where so many opinions don’t even play out and show an obvious bias.

Club forced players on Lennon and so should take the credit for us finishing 4th last season...nope, Lennon gets credit in this made up scenario. Lennon leaves us at 8th and the reason for Hibs being poor is the Hibs board interfering and signing players against the wishes of Lennon, Lennon gets the sympathy. Madness.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 07:51 PM

I liked him when he was a decent head coach who wanted to be here. I know he’s your hero and the Scottish cup winning legend manager is weirdly the enemy but bash on.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 07:55 PM
even Neil Lennon is aware '90+2' doesn't like him

He will blame that on me somehow being a Roman Catholic being bigoted.

Nothing to do with him leaving us in a pish position and thinking he was better than he actually is.

Hibees1973
07-02-2019, 07:59 PM
I agreed with much of what of say about Lennon but the bit in bold is just made up isn't it?

Come on. She is not going to mention a figure. Lennon was on around £250,000 a year and Parker probably half/third of this. They both had 18 months left on their contracts.

Any football manager that does not resign is paid his contract in full. This is why the Hibs accounts will have a big hole in them after paying off Lennon and Parker.

Hibs will be out of pocket around £500,000.00...simple Maths.

Our new manager will currently be unemployed so we do not have to pay compensation to a current employer. As I have said, this rules us out of anyone currently doing a good job. Kind of narrows our choice a bit.

Dempster was nervous in her interview and was asked easy questions. God knows what her performance would have been from a proper Scottish sports journo.

Has put herself under pressure. Cue the underwhelming new manager who must fit into the ‘structure’.

I know this is harsh but I’m bitter.

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Nothing to do with him leaving us in a pish position and thinking he was better than he actually is.

Maybe you should "bash on" with your paranoid posts. You've let your mask slip a couple of times, seems to me you are in fact a bigot.

Scary thing is you don't seem to get asked many questions on this place, you just pop up everywhere including bull**** thread starters.

bigwheel
07-02-2019, 08:01 PM

Give it a rest man - you don’t like him - but there is no need to try to bring up some of the hate that Lennon has had to endure as a joke against him...he’s gone..get over your hate of him. Perhaps Respect there are others with different views from you and stop whining on about it - Let’s focus on the future

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Maybe you should "bash on" with your paranoid posts. You've let your mask slip a couple of times, seems to me your in fact a bigot.

Scary thing is you don't seem to get asked many questions on this place, you just pop up everywhere including bull**** thread starters.

Hahahahahaha I’m a bigot?

Go and explain to me that one son?

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Give it a rest man - you don’t like him - but there is no need to try to bring up some of the hate that Lennon has had to endure as a joke against him...he’s gone..get over your hate of him. Perhaps Respect there are others with different views from you and stop whining on about it - Let’s focus on the future

Why would I hate Neil Lennon? He done an alright job for a couple of years I’m glad he’s gone and wish him well. I agree let’s focus on the future.

Is there a NeilLennon.net? If so maybe the mourners can move there. Leanne Dempster is completely more vital to our football clubamd is more committed and also achieved a lot more than our former head coach.

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Hahahahahaha I’m a bigot?

Go and explain to me that one son?

You just brought up Roman catholism in a sarcastic answer as to why NL wouldn't like you, completely irrelevant and innapropriate.

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Why would I hate Neil Lennon? He done an alright job for a couple of years I’m glad he’s gone and wish him well. I agree let’s focus on the future.

Is there a NeilLennon.net? If so maybe the mourners can move there. Leanne Dempster is completely more vital to our football clubamd is more committed and also achieved a lot more than our former head coach.

The irony being if there was Neil Lennon.net you would be the first person on it. You just don't get it though.

One Day Soon
07-02-2019, 08:08 PM
I’m beginning to think this site is not entirely occupied by real hibees.

There are undoubtedly a number of undercovers on .net.

Times like this are perfect for sowing disharmony and division and I've no doubt they do it. That's not to say there aren't also perfectly genuine Hibs fans with real concerns posting too.

bigwheel
07-02-2019, 08:09 PM

This isn’t about Dempster V Lennon...they were on the same team. All the way to the end ...

It’s you that is trying to make it about that nonsense..

The day an administrator is more important than any football person at our football club would be a sad day ...

green day
07-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Not in turmoil.

Come on. She is not going to mention a figure. Lennon was on around £250,000 a year and Parker probably half/third of this. They both had 18 months left on their contracts.

Any football manager that does not resign is paid his contract in full. This is why the Hibs accounts will have a big hole in them after paying off Lennon and Parker.

Our new manager will currently be unemployed so we do not have to pay compensation to a current employer. As I have said, this rules us out of anyone currently doing a good job. Kind of narrows our choice a bit.

Dempster was nervous in her interview and was asked easy questions. God knows what her performance would have been from a proper Scottish sports journo.

Has put herself under pressure. Cue the underwhelming new manager who must fit into the ‘structure’.

Let me know when your next post with "exactly the same assumptions dressed up as facts" is coming along, I personally cant wait.

tamig
07-02-2019, 08:12 PM

There are loads of good managers/coaches not in a job just now. As a matter of interest, of those currently in a job and doing well, what level do you reckon we’d be aiming at - assuming we didn’t have that big compo hole in our budget?

madhatter
07-02-2019, 08:14 PM
I’m starting to seriously dislike Lennon. When was the last time a manager caused such a rift within our fan base even after they’ve left? We were building a togetherness and trust between fans and club and I think Lennon takes a considerable amount of blame in trashing that, even if he isn’t responsible for the behaviour of the fans after he has left. Never seen a manager backed so ferociously after leaving as well. Collins leaving had more negative connotations (his ego) when he left, and Hughes etc. were criticised after having a good spell. Both of which Lennon appears impervious to (to some fans).

I really wish he had been sacked and openly slated for something he had done. Might’ve stopped the rubbish between the fans at least.

Hope people remember to be Hibs fans rather than Lennon fans.

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Hmmm 6/10 for me, maximum, and a bit of a puff piece all round. Where was the question "are we not a bit top-heavy with loan players, Leeann?"

tamig
07-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Hmmm 6/10 for me, maximum, and a bit of a puff piece all round. Where was the question "are we not a bit top-heavy with loan players, Leeann?"

The issue there is would it have been wise bringing in two or three permanent signings with no manager in place? I don’t think so.

bod
07-02-2019, 08:21 PM
You watched 17 mins in 3. Well done you. :agree:

I never watched any of it,I expected something to read

Willis1875
07-02-2019, 08:22 PM

It would have just brought about the usual scripted response by football clubs when it comes to January signings....’it’s a hard time of year to get players in bla bla bla’

tamig
07-02-2019, 08:23 PM
I never watched any of it,I expected something to read

It was on for 17 minutes so would have been a wee book.

hibsbollah
07-02-2019, 08:25 PM
I’m starting to seriously dislike Lennon. When was the last time a manager caused such a rift within our fan base even after they’ve left? We were building a togetherness and trust between fans and club and I think Lennon takes a considerable amount of blame in trashing that, even if he isn’t responsible for the behaviour of the fans after he has left. Never seen a manager backed so ferociously after leaving as well. Collins leaving had more negative connotations (his ego) when he left, and Hughes etc. were criticised after having a good spell. Both of which Lennon appears impervious to (to some fans).

I really wish he had been sacked and openly slated for something he had done. Might’ve stopped the rubbish between the fans at least.

There's some folk on here, and elsewhere, clearly 'at it'.

The character who was ejected from Celtic Park last night and slagging off his fellow supporters for being 'Hunbernians', was also posting 'joke' memes about Emiliano Sala and the student who went missing a few nights ago- So i think it's clear the kind of individual we're dealing with. Social media and FOMO driven attention seeking, and abuse and general intolerance is just something we have to put up with online these days. It's not 'real' in any 'real' sense.

Rise above it. Guaranteed 95+% of Hibs fans will too.

green day
07-02-2019, 08:25 PM
There are loads of good managers/coaches not in a job just now. As a matter of interest, of those currently in a job and doing well, what level do you reckon we’d be aiming at - assuming we didn’t have that big compo hole in our budget?

Agreed.

The assumption that all the good potential head coaches for Hibs are already in a job is nonsense on many levels. Just because a coach is currently not at a top club (or in the top job at another club) can be down to many factors - even down to the colour of their skin (sad but true).

I would much rather Hibs went for a brilliant man manager / coach / tactician type, maybe who was working with youths / reserves, was hungry for success and wanted to effect change at a larger club - than some tried and tested guy with "scottish connections".

As for the crazy talk about people like Michael ONeill etc, I dont think any club outside Celtic could pay his compo just now.

hibsbollah
07-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Agreed.

The assumption that all the good potential head coaches for Hibs are already in a job is nonsense on many levels. Just because a coach is currently not at a top club (or in the top job at another club) can be down to many factors - even down to the colour of their skin (sad but true).

I would much rather Hibs went for a brilliant man manager / coach / tactician type, maybe who was working with youths / reserves, was hungry for success and wanted to effect change at a larger club - than some tried and tested guy with "scottish connections".

As for the crazy talk about people like Michael ONeill etc, I dont think any club outside Celtic could pay his compo just now.

Latapy?

greenpaper55
07-02-2019, 08:30 PM

Not if the threat of gross misconduct was hanging over his head if you believe the rumours, he might have settled for being paid up to the end of this season and the lid being kept on as to what happened.

WhileTheChief..
07-02-2019, 08:31 PM

You’re just completely out of touch with what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

The only people saying that Hibs haven’t screwed up big time over this are a few very vocal people on here.

tamig
07-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Latapy?

What’s he up to these days? He was seemingly the brains behing Yogi’s success at ICT.

Heisenberg
07-02-2019, 08:33 PM
You’re just completely out of touch with what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

The only people saying that Hibs haven’t screwed up big time over this are a few very vocal people on here.

How do you know what the vast majority of fans are thinking?

tamig
07-02-2019, 08:34 PM

So are you saying NL was emptied unjustly and the club are at fault?

Hibees1973
07-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Let me know when your next post with "exactly the same assumptions dressed up as facts" is coming along, I personally cant wait.

Think if you read most of the posts on Hibs net it is all speculation and rumour. Is anyone on these pages in possession of the full facts. If you know anyone point them out to me. Maybe you are one of them.

Like everyone on here I am as you say ‘making assumptions’. Fact is and you have to admit Hibs will be seriously out of pocket with Lennon and Parker leaving. Maybe your assumption on the amount is less than mine.

Can’t wait on your reply.

green day
07-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Latapy?

My comment was really about all the black coaches down south that dont progress particularly far, especially into the EPL/Championship, hwever thats one for another day.

I always loved RL - I have no idea what hes doing now?

bigwheel
07-02-2019, 08:42 PM

There is as much anti-Lennon stuff on here as pro Lennon stuff...

None of it is Lennon's fault...to blame him is ridiculous - just the chip on the shoulders and frustrations of people on here.

Most of us are Hibs fans - care about the club..

A few on here are pretending who they are...they will disappear when we start winning again..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

green day
07-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Think if you read most of the posts on Hibs net it is all speculation and rumour. Is anyone on these pages in possession of the full facts. If you know anyone point them out to me. Maybe you are one of them.

Like everyone on here I am as you say ‘making assumptions’. Fact is and you have to admit Hibs will be seriously out of pocket with Lennon and Parker leaving. Maybe your assumption on the amount is less than mine.

Can’t wait on your reply.

Brilliant ! So, first its an assumption then you say its a fact :thumbsup:

It is presently unknown what (if any) payoff they got............hence it cant be stated as a fact, regardless of the number of times you repeat it as such.

You, like me, will need to wait until the accounts following this financial year to make the leap from fantasy to fact.

CraigHibee
07-02-2019, 08:46 PM
i thought the interview was well conducted, doesn't matter though as folk moan that the club never said anything and now they have they moan about that as well.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 08:50 PM

2nd para is incorrect. Managers can leave clubs for a number of reasons (without resigning) and not be paid in full.

Same when clubs negotiate to end players contracts, they don't necessarily get the full whack.

So really it's not simple maths I'm afraid.

Hibees1973
07-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Brilliant ! So, first its an assumption then you say its a fact :thumbsup:

It is presently unknown what (if any) payoff they got............hence it cant be stated as a fact, regardless of the number of times you repeat it as such.

You, like me, will need to wait until the accounts following this financial year to make the leap from fantasy to fact.

OK...we will wait until then.

Like I said earlier I’m bitter about all that has gone on.

And breathe.

dunedinhibs
07-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Totally agree!

hibee-boys
07-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Oli Shaw, 2 goals in 2 games....one of the best of his age in europe! Switched off after that.

One Day Soon
07-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I haven't watched LD's interview and I'm not going to. Mainly because I haven't particularly felt a need for her or the club to make one but also because where we are now we need action rather than words.

What happens next is I think reputation defining for both LD and the club for the next decade. We just cannot afford to either go backward or to slip into mediocrity. She needs to get the next manager right, we all need her to do that. That's all that matters.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2019, 08:57 PM
OK...we will wait until then.

Like I said earlier I’m bitter about all that has gone on.

And breathe.

If there was a pay-off, it won't be separately shown in the accounts

MassHibsteria
07-02-2019, 08:59 PM
A masterclass in the 'speak for ages and say nothing' interview technique.

The one issue that I wanted to know about - Lennon's departure - was deflected, almost certainly because of a mutually agreed non-disclosure agreement, binding on both parties. That's the problem with this entire episode, and does nothing but invite speculation that will be sensationally reported by the MSM. It also suggests that both club and former employee have contributed to the breakdown that lead to Lennon's departure.

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Anyone got to the bit about Oli Shaw? Nearly fell off my chair.Great interview and good to hear from her and the passion for the club is still there...but yup nearly spat my tea out...I like Oli but come on Leeann?? 1 of the best in Europe??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

green day
07-02-2019, 09:02 PM
If there was a pay-off, it won't be separately shown in the accounts

No, but someone with good accounting expertise.............say an Alex Cropley fan?..............might be able to winkle a few nuggets of gold for us dumb schmucks:wink:

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 09:03 PM
You just brought up Roman catholism in a sarcastic answer as to why NL wouldn't like you, completely irrelevant and innapropriate.

I’m a Roman Catholic though. I went to Holyrood RC. I believe in our lady. There’s literally no way you can call me a bigot because my beliefs are 100% RC

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Oli Shaw, 2 goals in 2 games....one of the best of his age in europe! Switched off after that.

Best young striker in Scottish football.

That good enough.

Second best prospect in Scottish football behind Turnbull at Motherwell.

There’s people in here saying he will have a career at Morton or wherever based on zero.

Wee Effen Bee
07-02-2019, 09:13 PM

What a strange post. How can you possibly speak for us? I’ve not been on here too much lately as the pish continually being spouted was/is getting on my moobs so I can’t be very ‘vocal,’ whatever that means - some who have the temerity to voice their opinions which differ from you and/or others? Hibs haven’t screwed up big time in my opinion: Lennon appears to have done and had to leave his job. Pity, I liked his desire and hoped he would be around for a while, but we move on. Let’s show some unity and support the team, they need us now.

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I think we got the jist of your thoughts regarding Lennon as back as erm... September, October. Nothing new. You didn't like guy.Lennon has gone now can we move on from this please...he did a good job..it all fell apart for whatever reasons this season...let's just move on as it's getting a bit boring tbh

pacoluna
07-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Lennon has gone now can we move on from this please...he did a good job..it all fell apart for whatever reasons this season...let's just move on as it's getting a bit boring tbh

It's the people who want to move on that keep on bringing up his bloody :rolleyes:

Then again we haven't actually moved on have we? We've played 3 games taking one point and looks like we are going into the biggest game of our season with out a manager.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 09:23 PM
I’m a Roman Catholic though. I went to Holyrood RC. I believe in our lady. There’s literally no way you can call me a bigot because my beliefs are 100% RC

Don’t worry, I don’t expect an apology but being called a bigot from a random who hasn’t got a clue is down in the gutter.

If you want, PM me and we can discuss the fund raising I took part in for the south Edinburgh, St John Vianney St Catherine’s St Gregory’s and I got a personal letter from Sir Tom who went to Lourdes for my efforts that meant the world to me. Rip into me all anyone wants j don’t care but calling me a bigot goes too far.

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2019, 09:25 PM
It's the people who want to move on that keep on bringing up his bloody :rolleyes:

Then again we haven't actually moved on have we? We've played 3 games taking one point and looks like we are going into the biggest game of our season with out a manager.But surely it's better to take our time and get the next appointment right than just rush to appoint someone who we need to sack in 3 or 4 months time would you not agree?? We are in limbo at the moment and Eddie may doesn't inspire me with confidence neither but we just need to show a bit of patience and hope she gets this appointment right

CMac1988
07-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Watched the interview earlier today and came away with mixed feelings. Fully supportive of Leann but her comments on May's media duties were Ill humoured and the bigging up of Oli Shaw as being one of the most promising youngsters in Europe was fairly optimistic.

Positives though we're putting the recruitment rumours in regards to Lennon not having the final say to bed. Was something which we were discussing in last night's match thread albeit it doesn't answer everything discussed.
Also making it clear that our target is to aim for European qualification is rather obvious but still reassuring telling that whilst she's not showing much in terms of negativity she's not happy with our current position. Also happy to hear she thinks we can get more from our current crop with the right head coach in place. We don't have as good a squad as last year and we all know that but this squad should still be capable of finishing in the top 6 and hope that's our primary goal when the Ney guy is in.

We were never going to get any more news I'm respect to Lennon's departure and for better or worse we'll never know for years and even then it'll be dribs and drabs in the same manner as the Collins revolt.

In general though it's good to hear from her and I'd like an couple of updates from the board in regards to our current position irrespective of if it's at the top of the league or down the bottom. Dialogue with supporters goes a long way.

silverhibee
07-02-2019, 09:39 PM

I took from her chat about Gray was a wee dig at Lennon, Lennon didn't like Gray and would have had him out the club if he had the chance, Leeann letting us know that Gray has a job for life at Hibs.

silverhibee
07-02-2019, 09:45 PM
The best bit was when she talked about travelling round the country conducting interviews.

"George and I have spent a lot of time in England this last week. In the main it was very enjoyable but the standard of service on the Sleeper was atrocious. One of the staff kept banging on my door asking about the eticketing site."

:faf: the crab. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
07-02-2019, 09:57 PM
:faf: the crab. :thumbsup:

:agree: Choo Choo :tee hee:

jacomo
07-02-2019, 10:07 PM

Lennon isn’t responsible for this nonsense.

Agree with your last line though - although we don’t know the details, for whatever reason his continued employment at Hibs became untenable. This is regrettable but we need to move on.

greenlex
07-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Not if the threat of gross misconduct was hanging over his head if you believe the rumours, he might have settled for being paid up to the end of this season and the lid being kept on as to what happened.
He also might have settled for just leaving with his reputation relatively intact. I doubt we will ever know.

Stonewall
07-02-2019, 10:13 PM

You’ve just completely discredited yourself.

silverhibee
07-02-2019, 10:14 PM
:agree: Choo Choo :tee hee:

That's the chap :thumbsup:

Wakeyhibee
07-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Don’t worry, I don’t expect an apology but being called a bigot from a random who hasn’t got a clue is down in the gutter.

If you want, PM me and we can discuss the fund raising I took part in for the south Edinburgh, St John Vianney St Catherine’s St Gregory’s and I got a personal letter from Sir Tom who went to Lourdes for my efforts that meant the world to me. Rip into me all anyone wants j don’t care but calling me a bigot goes too far.

Split personality?

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 10:40 PM

🤡

Hibbyradge
07-02-2019, 10:44 PM

You talking to yourself?

I'm ok with that, but you are so young, I worry.

BSEJVT
07-02-2019, 10:48 PM

Excellent

Answers to your points 1 by 1, all IMO of course

1) No doubt there are questions she doesn't want to / can't answer

2) Tricky one. The guy has taken on a job he patently doesn't want to help club in its hour of need. Does she a) throw him under the bus or b) thank him for stepping up

Her only answer can be b) as she needs to work with him going forward.

To you and I its far from a fantastic job,but the circumstances were far from ideal either

Internet debate is very black and white, a wee white lie to defuse situation causes no harm

3) Think she was being facetious either that or Eddie May's wit repartee and sense of humour are all lost on me

4) Whilst I couldn't agree with her here either, Shaw is hugely under appreciated by our support. His record is more than decent and he is at his best a very good calm finisher. That's a skill that cant be taught.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he will one day be sold for big money, It cant have been easy trying to make an impression as a forward in that team.

At times this season he has looked totally bereft of confidence but just recently has looked much better.

No directed at you specifically but folk on here need to not take things so literally or pick apart every word

CEO gets a slagging for lack of profile

Comes on mouths a few platitudes

Talks up anything good

Gives anything bad a wide berth

What else did folk expect?

The Gettysburg address

BSEJVT
07-02-2019, 10:55 PM

Sorry can you fax me over your appointment to speak on behalf of the Hibs support, I must have missed that.

Your statement could just as easily be turned around to read

"You’re just completely out of touch with what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

The only people saying that Hibs have screwed up big time over this are a few very vocal people on here"

The truth as ever will lie somewhere in the middle

Not In The Know
07-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Enjoyed that. You can't help but like her, and if all put on the table does done a fantastic job since 2014. Love what she said about Sir David!

Maybe as close and legally possible we will ever get to the truth about lennons departure?

The_Horde
07-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Cracking interview from Dempster in the face of some pretty hard questions to answer.

It's obvious how much she cares for this club and all the work she's put in.

I have the upmost faith that she'll hire the right guy once again and back them to the hilt as she always has.

Can't wait for the new guy to get started and I'm excited for the new chapter.

Mon the hibs. GGTTH!

Captain Trips
07-02-2019, 11:13 PM
If somebody can give me a few good reasons why this term at match 25 we 8th behind Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone and 5 pts off being in the "top six" If this can be placed at the door of anyone else but Lennon and players I am interested to hear it.

Captain Trips
07-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Cracking interview from Dempster in the face of some pretty hard questions to answer.

I have the upmost faith that she'll hire the right guy once again and back them to the hilt as she always has.

Mon the hibs. GGTTH!

Indeed level headed as always which will make sway on the side she had good reason to act on NL.

Real Emerald
07-02-2019, 11:23 PM

Mon the hibs. GGTTH!

Whilst I agree that she came over very positive and enthusiastic as well as at least giving us an update, you really think it was hard questioning? The questions would have been designed by her (Hibs) to allow her to answer some of the criticism that’s flying around. I’m not saying that’s wrong but to suggest they were hard questions isn’t really the case!

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 11:40 PM
Indeed level headed as always which will make sway on the side she had good reason to act on NL.

She did say if she’s got hard decisions to make she is not afraid to make them

PompeyHibs
07-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Great CEO
But
Lennon = great manager

Its hard we dont know what went on, all we can defo say is right or wrong Hibs are less of a team without Lennon
Last two games 🤢🤢

Media dont talk about us, fans expect defeat, look at who we are linked with??? Non exciting gaffers with league one two or conference players 😡

Ggtth

Hi Heid Yin
07-02-2019, 11:55 PM
It was good to hear Leeann still enthuse about our club and it's direction.

She is an impressive speaker.

I for one did question whether she had lost a bit of enthusiasm, as we had hardly heard from her this season, but this interview suggested that she is as determined as ever to guide our club towards a regular top 4 league position and European football.

I am now quietly excited as to who will be our new first team coach.

Forza Fred
08-02-2019, 01:42 AM
Impressive speaker.

I thought the main message was that although we have just lost a manager, the structure put in place ensures the club functions normally until another one is brought in.

I think some on hereforget the shambleswe WERE in before she arrived.

In Leann We Trust.