PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: UPDATE FROM LEEANN DEMPSTER

Pages : 1 [2]

JimBHibees
08-02-2019, 05:15 AM
Whilst I agree that she came over very positive and enthusiastic as well as at least giving us an update, you really think it was hard questioning? The questions would have been designed by her (Hibs) to allow her to answer some of the criticism that’s flying around. I’m not saying that’s wrong but to suggest they were hard questions isn’t really the case!

Given the current situation they definitely are difficult questions to answer. She is required to put it over in a way that fans can understand and ensure she is seem as competent and also protective of the club. Every man and their dog is having a pop at Hibs for numerous reasons and agendas, will wait with interest when another manager is mutually consented that the gutter press pile in as much as they did with Hibs. Some fans are choosing to believe that for whatever reason so to me it was important she came out with such an impressive interview with what is happening and highlighting key people at the club she has trust in.

JimBHibees
08-02-2019, 05:18 AM
There's some folk on here, and elsewhere, clearly 'at it'.

The character who was ejected from Celtic Park last night and slagging off his fellow supporters for being 'Hunbernians', was also posting 'joke' memes about Emiliano Sala and the student who went missing a few nights ago- So i think it's clear the kind of individual we're dealing with. Social media and FOMO driven attention seeking, and abuse and general intolerance is just something we have to put up with online these days. It's not 'real' in any 'real' sense.

Rise above it. Guaranteed 95+% of Hibs fans will too.

Great post totally agree. What does FOMO mean?

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 05:22 AM
Great post totally agree. What does FOMO mean?

"Fear of missing out"
Or "look at me I'm a total knuckle dragging ******"

JimBHibees
08-02-2019, 05:23 AM
"Fear of missing out"
Or "look at me I'm a total knuckle dragging ******"

OK thanks I agree with it then. :greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 05:24 AM
This site must have the strictest swear filter going. That wasn't even remotely sweary 🙃🙃🤨🤨

madhatter
08-02-2019, 06:15 AM
You’re just completely out of touch with what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

The only people saying that Hibs haven’t screwed up big time over this are a few very vocal people on here.

Clearly trolling with this...

Club should make you a fans rep, your knowledge of what thousands of people are thinking is impressive.

Just to “complete” the data you have on this matter - I’ve spoken to Hibs fans not on here and they think Lennon messed things up big time.

Club lift suspension, get Lennon to “accept” a mutual consent and club are automatically in the wrong.
If club were in the wrong, can someone tell me what would stop the club from lifting the suspension and then just sacking him? Enough to back up a sacking beyond this unknown situation.

Some elaborate tales and trolling going about at the moment.

Really really glad Lennon is gone. If we had kept him much longer and then he left I think there would be suggestions of “burn the club” (hyperbole but never seen a man backed so much more than the club). Hope we get a new head coach in soon, get past this mess.

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 06:45 AM
Don’t worry, I don’t expect an apology but being called a bigot from a random who hasn’t got a clue is down in the gutter.

If you want, PM me and we can discuss the fund raising I took part in for the south Edinburgh, St John Vianney St Catherine’s St Gregory’s and I got a personal letter from Sir Tom who went to Lourdes for my efforts that meant the world to me. Rip into me all anyone wants j don’t care but calling me a bigot goes too far.

I couldn't give a toss about your religion it's a football forum. I wouldn't use something very personal to me
as a cheap, sarcastic stick to try and beat something with.
The only motive I can see is bigotry. So no, no apology from me.

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 06:57 AM
Clearly trolling with this...

Club should make you a fans rep, your knowledge of what thousands of people are thinking is impressive.

Just to “complete” the data you have on this matter - I’ve spoken to Hibs fans not on here and they think Lennon messed things up big time.

Club lift suspension, get Lennon to “accept” a mutual consent and club are automatically in the wrong.
If club were in the wrong, can someone tell me what would stop the club from lifting the suspension and then just sacking him? Enough to back up a sacking beyond this unknown situation.

Some elaborate tales and trolling going about at the moment.

Really really glad Lennon is gone. If we had kept him much longer and then he left I think there would be suggestions of “burn the club” (hyperbole but never seen a man backed so much more than the club). Hope we get a new head coach in soon, get past this mess.

People I have spoken to as well as social media other than this forum seem to have had a contrasting opinion to the majority on here, I've found the same with a lot of topics and is the one of the reasons I find this place can be a bit of an echo chamber. I think as whole support we are fairly split with regards to the matter.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 07:15 AM
People I have spoken to as well as social media other than this forum seem to have had a contrasting opinion to the majority on here, I've found the same with a lot of topics and is the one of the reasons I find this place can be a bit of an echo chamber. I think as whole support we are fairly split with regards to the matter.

I know that. That's precisely why I am glad Lennon has left. Stubbs won us the cup and I can't remember so many fans siding with Stubbs over the club. Didn't hear "Club lack ambition by not opening the cheque book to keep legendary manager" then. Stubbs and Lennons success are comparable yet people are scrambling to defend Lennon over circumstances we know nothing concrete about. Many of these people are also doing it at the expense of the club. Some are calling for Leeann to be sacked when we know nothing about the situation.

The head coach is not the club no matter how well he comes across in interviews.

Regardless of rights and wrongs, he is gone and we need to give Leeann and George time to get the right person in. Hopefully someone that doesn't split the fan base.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 07:17 AM

Think that is fair actually..even as a board supporter..I would note that posters as a general tone quite board/club positive..most posts challenging the board get a reaction....that said, at times like this you do get much more diverse and emotive views on here.

For me. It’s the aggressive and baiting way people with opposing views argue on here that is a turn off..a few of those are obviously jambos who’s train set isn’t working just now..some are Hibs fans who like to drop bombs in and see what chaos they cause..others seem to get angry rather than debate / discuss

Brightside
08-02-2019, 07:20 AM
You’re just completely out of touch with what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

The only people saying that Hibs haven’t screwed up big time over this are a few very vocal people on here.

Nonsense.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Impressive speaker.

I thought the main message was that although we have just lost a manager, the structure put in place ensures the club functions normally until another one is brought in.

I think some on hereforget the shambleswe WERE in before she arrived.

In Leann We Trust.

It’s fine talking about the structure, how it works and being defensive of it.

In reality we have a guy doing a job that he doesn’t actually want to do, even in the interim. The recruitment team were praised despite what we’ve seen this year. The sports science team were praised despite us having a horrendous amount of injuries this year. Granted there is only so much you can do to prevent injuries but has it really worked as well as it should have, looking at the example of Porteous for instance?

Chuck in the comment about Oli Shaw and I don’t think it was all that impressive really.

There have been occasions over the past few years where different elements could be deservedly praised. Pushing it to point out how they’ve all worked this year though.

The one positive is that she seems to have acknowleded that she needs to step up and start to engage again.

malcolm
08-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Think if you read most of the posts on Hibs net it is all speculation and rumour. Is anyone on these pages in possession of the full facts. If you know anyone point them out to me. Maybe you are one of them.

Like everyone on here I am as you say ‘making assumptions’. Fact is and you have to admit Hibs will be seriously out of pocket with Lennon and Parker leaving. Maybe you our assumption on the amount is less than mine.

Can’t wait on your reply.

Nope it’s fact NOT and being generous based on your erroneous belief that there are only 2 possibilities

1. You resign and get no further compensation and
2. You don’t resign and get the rest of your contracted pay.

It is a fact that the world is more complex and that coming to an agreement means give and take and in this case unlike poker all the cards were on the table. It seems logical that he folded for a better ultimate result but no one knows for sure what any financial settlement was and even if there was one. We also don’t know if terms of the contract might have allowed for other circumstances to leave by agreement and a clean break in terms of payment ceasing.

If I was being illogical or had an agenda I might believe and promote horse manure like it cost Hibs serious money to part company. I’m not :wink:

J-C
08-02-2019, 08:51 AM
It’s fine talking about the structure, how it works and being defensive of it.

In reality we have a guy doing a job that he doesn’t actually want to do, even in the interim. The recruitment team were praised despite what we’ve seen this year. The sports science team were praised despite us having a horrendous amount of injuries this year. Granted there is only so much you can do to prevent injuries but has it really worked as well as it should have, looking at the example of Porteous for instance?

Chuck in the comment about Oli Shaw and I don’t think it was all that impressive really.

There have been occasions over the past few years where different elements could be deservedly praised. Pushing it to point out how they’ve all worked this year though.

The one positive is that she seems to have acknowleded that she needs to step up and start to engage again.

Recruitment team only identify the players the head coach want, Leeann stated that he has final say on who is brought in, so any flaws in recruitment sits at Lennon's door.

surreyhibbie
08-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Well worth 17 minutes of my life, really enjoyed that.

Leeann really comes across well in my opinion, long may she continue!

:flag:

B.H.F.C
08-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Recruitment team only identify the players the head coach want, Leeann stated that he has final say on who is brought in, so any flaws in recruitment sits at Lennon's door.

Of course Lennon shares the blame. What if the players been identified in the first place are sub standard though?

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 09:12 AM
That's far to simplistic.
Does the manager give a list of positions then the recruitment team identify potential players for that position? If that's the case how can the manager be solely to blame for the players recruited :confused:

What if none of the players highlighted by the recruitment team interest the manager? Does he say no and continue with the squad he has? Even though he has listed positions he feels he needs. At some point the manager is going to bite the bullet and say ok let's just go with him.

It was like Jamie maclaren the 1st time around, Lennon admitted he didn't know much about him.

The Leith Dutch
08-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Great CEO
But
Lennon = great manager

Think you have to factor in that the form under Lennon resolves that equation somewhat.

Had we been in the form of the second half of the 2017 season it would have been a much harder call. As it is and good as Lennon is the form made the decision a lot easier.

Peevemor
08-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Does the manager give a list of positions then the recruitment team identify potential players for that position? If that's the case how can the manager be solely to blame for the players recruited :confused:

What if none of the players highlighted by the recruitment team interest the manager? Does he say no and continue with the squad he has? Even though he has listed positions he feels he needs. At some point the manager is going to bite the bullet and say ok let's just go with him.

It was like Jamie maclaren the 1st time around, Lennon admitted he didn't know much about him.

There will undoubtedly be a fair bit of dialogue between the manager & the recruitment team so first team recruitment will be a "bit of both".

For example, Scott Allan may well have been proposed by the recruitment team, but it's more likely that it was at Lennon's request that we've been trying to get him back. The manager will know off certain players who may be available that he fancies (Mallan?) and there will be others that are unearthed by the recruitment team (Kamberi?, McLaren?).

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Sorry I do not believe that is the case at all, is it a coincidence the recruitment team were looking at so many players that had played under Lennon before? Players are identified to him he decides if he wants them or not and I am pretty sure looking at some of the players we have signed Neil can also say I want xyz make it happen.

If Neil Lennon took any player it will be he wanted them and thought good enough. What has went wrong here is IMO Neil Lennon just for me was not into being at a club that ultimately will not be No1 4th is a success here but not for him and I think he wanted out.

wookie70
08-02-2019, 09:33 AM

I agree that the recruitment team have to take some of the blame but the bit missing from your post is that the manager will set out the type of player and should have at least a notion of the style and formation they are likely to play in. If we take the quality of the player away have you any idea what style we were recruiting for and where the players brought in would fit into that style.

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 09:36 AM
I agree that the recruitment team have to take some of the blame but the bit missing from your post is that the manager will set out the type of player and should have at least a notion of the style and formation they are likely to play in. If we take the quality of the player away have you any idea what style we were recruiting for and where the players brought in would fit into that style.

I agree and is why I make my point it's not solely the managers problem, it's a collective responsibility.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 09:43 AM
I agree and is why I make my point it's not solely the managers problem, it's a collective responsibility.

It is but like any organisation the person paid the most gets the brunt of the blame. Lennon was paid more than our recruitment guys and was in a privileged position so takes the fall, just as much as he took the accolades when things were going well. Things have to work both ways.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Indeed there are many factors but for me on this occasion the major reason why we have not done very well this term is on the managers head.

J-C
08-02-2019, 10:06 AM

So Lennon says find me a good number 10 to make things tick in the final third like last season, Allan was a struggle due to Celtic so we went for Hyndman ( short deal ) and Mallan, then to make matters worse Lennon chose to ignore the fact that Mallan cannot play a deep role and instead played a wide left player in Horgan as a makeshift number 10. He also then chooses to ignore the fact that Agyepong is very injury prone but signs him anyway, signs Mavrias as back up when we have Whittaker on the books, Nelom is brought in but never plays and decides Mackie is a better option as cover apart from the |Motherwell game when Lennon thought Hanlon was a better option instead of the 2 left backs sitting on the bench.

We have an imbalanced squad with little depth, I personally think Lennon wanted players who were outwith our reach wage wise, nothing to do with our recruitment and this is why he got frustrated, I think he forgot we're Hibs and don't go into debt for a quick fix, we ended up with short term back ups and youngsters.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 10:52 AM

I doubt there are any managers who are solely responsible for identifying and recruiting players.

How could they?

Players are brought to managers' attention by scouts and recruitment teams and are then looked at and considered in more detail.

The managers/head coaches decide if they're what is required and the recruitment teams do the rest.

If the players identified aren't suitable, the managers say no and it starts over again.

Peevemor
08-02-2019, 11:30 AM
The article is too small but the video is too long.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I thought it was a good honest update and emphasizes that the structure which has brought us success over the past 2/3 seasons is still in place, despite the drama of the past few weeks.

Don't worry, the content of the video will soon appear on the EEN site split into 4-5 different stories.

The cheek of it.

I'm outraged already.

And we're off...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-chief-executive-leeann-dempster-hits-back-at-claims-club-is-in-turmoil-1-4869830

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-chief-leeann-dempster-reveals-which-young-player-is-one-of-the-best-in-europe-1-4870070

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/why-club-legend-david-gray-has-a-role-for-life-at-hibs-1-4870155

kaimendhibs
08-02-2019, 11:32 AM
I cannot understand some of the absolute garbage that's been spoken about her, especially from our fans.

She's not beyond criticism but she's brought in 2 successful managers, overseen the winning of the Scottish Cup and built the foundations for a very successful club. We have hit our first real bump in the road under her as a CEO but we are a football club, it happens. Let's see what the next appointment brings.Well said. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HFC07
08-02-2019, 11:41 AM
I thought this was a well structured interview, Leanne gave a good account all be it what she was legally allowed to divulge. She clearly still has Hibs best interests at Heart and I have no doubt she will bring in the right person for the Job. Good on you Leanne, ignore the trolls. GGTTH :flag:

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I thought this was a well structured interview, Leanne gave a good account all be it what she was legally allowed to divulge. She clearly still has Hibs best interests at Heart and I have no doubt she will bring in the right person for the Job. Good on you Leanne, ignore the trolls. GGTTH :flag:

:agree:

It was telling that she said that Hibs hadn't been giving info to the press and she was sure that "Neil and Garry" hadn't either.

How does she know that? Because what the press have been saying, is wrong. Or as she put it, "speculation".

jacomo
08-02-2019, 12:02 PM

It was telling that she said that Hibs hadn't been giving info to the press and she was sure that "Neil and Garry" hadn't either.

How does she know that? Because what the press have been saying, is wrong. Or as she put it, "speculation".

‘Neil and Garry’ are, presumably, banned from talking to the media about their departure from Hibs as part of their severance agreement.

This doesn’t mean they haven’t been discussing the situation with their pals (like Chris Sutton). It doesn’t mean all the stories are untrue (but they will be biased).

It does give LD the opportunity to question the credibility of such stories and dismiss all media coverage as inaccurate though.

green day
08-02-2019, 12:04 PM
‘Neil and Garry’ are, presumably, banned from talking to the media about their departure from Hibs as part of their severance agreement.

This doesn’t mean they haven’t been discussing the situation with their pals (like Chris Sutton). It doesn’t mean all the stories are untrue (but they will be biased).

It does give LD the opportunity to question the credibility of such stories and dismiss all media coverage as inaccurate though.

Correct.

Its difficult to keep a full lid on it, however if there were any titbits that emerged into the public domain which could only have come from Lennon and Parker, their cash would suffer.

Most people are savvy about these things.

From what she said, the press have been pissed off at no real story hence having a go at Hibs.

southsider
08-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Had to go back to make sure I heard right. Incredible.

By the age of 20 Joe Baker was a full England Cap and had scored over 100 goals for Hibs and he WAS wanted all over Europe.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Well she just cost us over half a million pounds paying compensation to Lennon and Parker. Dempster should have let Lennon get on with his job.

If she'd "let Lennon get on with his job" then there's every chance we could've ended up about 10th.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 12:29 PM
If she'd "let Lennon get on with his job" then there's every chance we could've ended up about 10th.

Could equally take any new manager time to get things changed. Let's hope we get an instant reaction - because no man's land of 10th is where we are heading on current form..

hibsbollah
08-02-2019, 12:46 PM
My comment was really about all the black coaches down south that dont progress particularly far, especially into the EPL/Championship, hwever thats one for another day.

I always loved RL - I have no idea what hes doing now?

A few years ago he was speaking about how he knows he wasnt getting management jobs in Scotland because he's black. Assistant at Inverness was as far as he went IIRC. I loved him but he'd be a risky appointment.

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 01:02 PM

I agree, we were in freefall for a number of reasons but he certainly wasnt helping.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 01:12 PM
I agree, we were in freefall for a number of reasons but he certainly wasnt helping.

I'd argue that we've been worse since he left...the last two showings and the first half against Saints were insipid..lacked the tenacity of a Lennon team. Even when we were losing we have some bite about us with him at the helm. However,I'm sure we would all now agree - let us get a decent quality Head Coach in and move on - because we are all just speculating about what could have happened.

The King is dead! Long live the King!

The Modfather
08-02-2019, 01:51 PM
I'd argue that we've been worse since he left...the last two showings and the first half against Saints were insipid..lacked the tenacity of a Lennon team. Even when we were losing we have some bite about us with him at the helm. However,I'm sure we would all now agree - let us get a decent quality Head Coach in and move on - because we are all just speculating about what could have happened.

The King is dead! Long live the King!

This is Lennon’s team though and the last few games have been in keeping with most of this season IMO. This season we’ve lost all the qualities we loved in last seasons team.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 01:56 PM
This is Lennon’s team though and the last few games have been in keeping with most of this season IMO. This season we’ve lost all the qualities we loved in last seasons team.

I agree with your last point, if not all of the first part - it's all just speculation as to what Lennon could or couldn't have done if he had stayed on - he's gone. The quicker we get a quality coach in the better. :aok:

HoboHarry
08-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Aye, they vanished off to Aston Villa, Sunderland and Celtic......

Swedish hibee
08-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Go on Leanne👏👏👏👏

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 02:16 PM

If Leeann is to believed surely it’s Hibs’ team. All players are selected by the recruitment department, Head Coach only has the final say on those players put to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 02:29 PM
If Leeann is to believed surely it’s Hibs’ team. All players are selected by the recruitment department, Head Coach only has the final say on those players put to him.

"Only" the final say?

Lennon will ask the recruitment team for suitable players for any given position. The recruitment team will look for possibilities and the head coach will decide who, if any, they should pursue.

That's how it will work in most major clubs, or a similar system.

We can't expect coaches to have a knowledge of every player in Europe and beyond.

However, if the manager wants a particular player themselves, like Efe or Stokes, for example, the recruitment team goes to work.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2019, 02:30 PM
If she'd "let Lennon get on with his job" then there's every chance we could've ended up about 10th.Agree. Sadly there was a trend in the results and performances.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
08-02-2019, 02:34 PM
"Only" the final say?

Lennon will ask the recruitment team for suitable players for any given position. The recruitment team will look for possibilities and the head coach will decide who, if any, they should pursue.

We can't expect coaches to have a knowledge of every player in Europe and beyond.

However, if the manager wants a particular player themselves, like Efe or Stokes, for example, the recruitment team goes to work.

That is exactly how it will work.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 02:40 PM
"Only" the final say?

So would you agree that the players sourced and put forward to Lennon, then signed - have not been good enough this season?

And do you have faith that they’ll put forward better options to the new manager?

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2019, 02:45 PM

That is not what she said at all.

The Modfather
08-02-2019, 02:52 PM
So would you agree that the players sourced and put forward to Lennon, then signed - have not been good enough this season?

And do you have faith that they’ll put forward better options to the new manager?

You sound like a politician trying to spin and carefully word everything to suit your agenda/opinion.

It’s not that difficult, last season was Lennon’s team and he gets the credit for the outstanding recruitment in January that kicked us on several levels. The current squad, barring Bigeramana (sp?), is Lennon’s and it was his signings in the summer. Which in hindsight have proved to be poor.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 02:55 PM

What if Lennon did not utilise them correctly? What stops Neil Lennon making his own decisions on who we go out and try and sign? Im very sure a few were his total own choice. Why is there so much focus on this recruitment process? Neil Lennon decides who plays and Neil Lennon decides who we sign regardless of who compiles list. Its Neils fault we have been pish pure and simple.

I do not remember this recruitment process getting anywhere near this attention when we won league and finished 4th. If you blame that process then you praise that process if it so important to you, please alert me to you discussing how delighted you were with the recruitment team over last few years.

SuperSirJMcginn
08-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Well said. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Disagree.

Shes clueless. No idea whats she doing.

Oli Shaw is not even the best youngster in leith :( Its a smokescreen for all the stuff that's happpend.

Hopefully she does something useful and gets a manager in asap.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Disagree.

Oli Shaw is not even the best youngster in leith :( Its a smokescreen for all the stuff that's happpend.

Out of interest were you looking in a mirror when you typed that?

SuperSirJMcginn
08-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Out of interest were you looking in a mirror when you typed that?

?

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:08 PM
What if Lennon did not utilise them correctly? What stops Neil Lennon making his own decisions on who we go out and try and sign? Im very sure a few were his total own choice. Why is there so much focus on this recruitment process? Neil Lennon decides who plays and Neil Lennon decides who we sign regardless of who compiles list. Its Neils fault we have been pish pure and simple.

I do not remember this recruitment process getting anywhere near this attention when we won league and finished 4th. If you blame that process then you praise that process if it so important to you, please alert me to you discussing how delighted you were with the recruitment team over last few years.

Time will tell when the new man comes in. The performances have got worse since Lennon was sacked so I don’t hold out much hope, and I can see a clear out coming, but I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Lennon has paid for his failings with his job. But as LD said and other posters have kindly outlined above, their is a structure in place for identifying talent for the head coach to decide on and that, in my opinion has clearly failed as well this season - so who are Graham Mathie and George Craig, and ultimately LD & RP accountable to?

The club has had a lot of plaudits recently and rightly so, but this season has been poor and i don’t agree that all of the blame for that lays at Neil Lennon’s door.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Disagree.

Based on what?

Who's a better young striker in Leith out of interest? And what really happened?

I'll humor you.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Time will tell when the new man comes in. The performances have got worse since Lennon was sacked so I don’t hold out much hope, and I can see a clear out coming, but I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Lennon has paid for his failings with his job. But as LD said and other posters have kindly outlined above, their is a structure in place for identifying talent for the head coach to decide on and that, in my opinion has clearly failed as well this season - so who are Graham Mathie and George Craig, and ultimately LD & RP accountable to?

The club has had a lot of plaudits recently and rightly so, but this season has been poor and i don’t agree that all of the blame for that lays at Neil Lennon’s door.

How do you get the performances have gotten worse? Even if they have, which they haven't it may have something to do with not having a Head Coach in charge.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:13 PM
How do you get the performances have gotten worse? Even if they have, which they haven't it may have something to do with not having a Head Coach in charge.

Which is why I said time will tell when the new head coach is in place...

And let’s compare our last two performances to the corresponding fixtures.

Celtic: the other night we were gutless and poor all over the park.

Previously we were still fairly poor but at least exciting when we attacked and got 2 goals.

Aberdeen: last Saturday we were miles behind them, didn’t look like troubling them after we scored and gave away cheap goals.

Previously: pretty much everyone agreed we should’ve been them in the cup. We played great football and had them pinned back most of the game and were very unlucky.

So that’s how I ‘got’ the performances were worse.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Disagree.

Agree, not got a clue. Imagine appointing Stubbs, Lennon, restructuring the whole club, overseeing a Scottish cup win, promotion, record ST sales....

Useless. And I doubt very much she's in the process of appointing a new manager.

Clueless.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:17 PM

Previously we were still fairly poor but at least exciting when we attacked and got 2 goals.

Aberdeen: last Saturday we were miles behind them, didn’t look like troubling them after we scored and gave away cheap goals.

Previously: pretty much everyone agreed we should’ve been them in the cup. We played great football and had them pinned back most of the game and were very unlucky.

Or, we can compare Lennons last 3 results, Shocking against Hearts, Shocking against Motherwell and a win in the cup. With three we've just played. I've no idea how you can argue it's gotten worse since he's left performance wise.

Previously, before Lennon left, we had been playing absolute guff with 2 league wins in 14. Since he's left we've won 1 in 3.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Agree, not got a clue. Imagine appointing Stubbs, Lennon, restructuring the whole club, overseeing a Scottish cup win, promotion, record ST sales....

Useless. And I doubt very much she's in the process of appointing a new manager.

Clueless.

I think that poster is still hurting from Hanlon’s equaliser [emoji108]

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Clueless.

Summed it up nicely, I can't believe how bad a job she's done. :bitchy::bitchy:

Malthibby
08-02-2019, 03:20 PM
Disagree.

Straight forward trolling, away bill yer head down Gorgie way or similar.
I personally think she's braw.
GG

ElginHibbie
08-02-2019, 03:21 PM

You might well be right of failures in identifying players, but we don't know what players Lennon said no to only the players he approved and then how he played them

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:21 PM

You do realise we don't have a manager/head coach at the moment? If Eddie May was going to transform our slump I'd suggest he'd already our new man.

We just have to suck it up I'm afraid. I suspect things may get worse before they get better.

Still, we're all mature enough to deal with a little bit of adversity. You can tell a lot about someone who panics when faced with a difficult situation.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:23 PM
You do realise we don't have a manager/head coach at the moment? If Eddie May was going to transform our slump I'd suggest he'd already our new man.

We just have to suck it up I'm afraid. I suspect things may get worse before they get better.

Still, we're all mature enough to deal with a little bit of adversity. You can tell a lot about someone who panics when faced with a difficult situation.

Did you read the first line of my post?

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:29 PM
Did you read the first line of my post?

Yes thanks. Maybe I'm having a senior moment but I thought you went on to compare corresponding fixtures. One with, and one without a head coach.

Then pointed out performances were worse.

And I'm suggesting the reason is we don't have a head coach.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 03:31 PM

Can you please tell me when the process of how we sign players got this much focus when we won league and finished 4th. You seem to see this as key so I assume you were this delighted about it before along with others who seem to think this. If you show me these posts I will apologise.

The performances since he has left are irrelevant until the person that "our process" puts in position arrives.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Can you please tell me when the process of how we sign players got this much focus when we won league and finished 4th. You seem to see this as key so I assume you were this delighted about it before along with others who seem to think this. If you show me these posts I will apologise.

It’s become an issue because, in my opinion, it has failed badly this season.

It’s worked very well previously which led to an excellent 4th placed finish last year.

As I said earlier I’m happy to be proved wrong, maybe a new manager will come in and get these players winning and playing well. I have my doubts whether or not they are good enough to play for Hibs.

I don’t need your apology to validate my opinion, expressed on a message board which is for posting and debating opinions.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:36 PM

I'm not ITK but I've heard a few on here suggest our board are determined to keep us in mid table mediocrity.

Maybe the board panicked at this success and our recruitment team were locked in a cupboard and replaced by chimps? Blind chimps even?

Like I say, I'm not ITK but this fits with the theory of some.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:37 PM

It’s worked very well previously which led to an excellent 4th placed finish last year.

As I said earlier I’m happy to be proved wrong, maybe a new manager will come in and get these players winning and playing well. I have my doubts whether or not they are good enough to play for Hibs.

I don’t need your apology to validate my opinion, expressed on a message board which is for posting and debating opinions.

4th wasn't excellent. 3rd or 2nd would have been.

Jones28
08-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Disagree.

Oh do piss off

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Yes thanks. Maybe I'm having a senior moment but I thought you went on to compare corresponding fixtures. One with, and one without a head coach.

Then pointed out performances were worse.

And I'm suggesting the reason is we don't have a head coach.

It’s not for me to comment on the seniority of posters... a poster quoted me questioning my opinion that performances have got worse, In my initial post I did say time will tell if they improve with a new head coach.

I then compared performances to expand on my initial opinion that performances have got worse.

Hope that clears up any confusion, maybe we can revisit this discussion at the end of the season when we’ll be able to tell if they have improved. Again, i hope they do - we are all Hibs fans at the end of the day.

I’m just not of the opinion that all our woes this season are down to Neil Lennon. He’s responsible to an extent for sure - the points I’ve been making above is that, in my opinion, from board level down we haven’t been good enough since the end of last season. We finished in a position of strength and should’ve collectively as a club built on that.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:44 PM
4th wasn't excellent. 3rd or 2nd would have been.

From being in the championship the season before, I’d argue 4th (and could’ve easily been 2nd), represented an excellent season. Especially with some of the football we played, particularly in the second half of the season.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:45 PM
It’s not for me to comment on the seniority of posters... a poster quoted me questioning my opinion that performances have got worse, In my initial post I did say time will tell if they improve with a new head coach.

I then compared performances to expand on my initial opinion that performances have got worse.

Hope that clears up any confusion, maybe we can revisit this discussion at the end of the season when we’ll be able to tell if they have improved. Again, i hope they do - we are all Hibs fans at the end of the day.

I’m just not of the opinion that all our woes this season are down to Neil Lennon. He’s responsible to an extent for sure - the points I’ve been making above is that, in my opinion, from board level down we haven’t been good enough since the end of last season. We finished in a position of strength and should’ve collectively as a club built on that.

They haven't gotten worse since Lennon's left. Performances where pish before he left. 2 wins in 14 show that. Take Motherwell opening day of the season to Motherwell the day before Lennon left, that Lennon team was a complete shambles and that's his doing.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:46 PM
They haven't gotten worse since Lennon's left. Performances where pish before he left. 2 wins in 14 show that. Take Motherwell opening day of the season to Motherwell the day before Lennon left, that Lennon team was a complete shambles and that's his doing.

That’s your opinion, mine is different. Thanks for repeatedly telling me yours.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Those are different questions to what you thought LeeAnn said about our recruitment system.

I think we've recruited some excellent players for Neil Lennon over the years. Some have disappointed, but that's what happens at every club.

Look at Manchester United. They signed Pogba for £92m, but until recently, he was average at best.

Hyndman from Bournemouth ticked all the boxes and should have been a success, but he showed very little.

Barker, Efe, Marciano, Bogdan, Gauld, McNulty, Boyle etc etc are all very good players. Maclaren had an excellent spell as did Kamberi.

Your loaded second question betrays your opinion on the matter. I have faith that they will continue to look for the best players available on our budget.

Whether they're better than what we've already got, only time will tell.

However, I'm optimistic.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Fair dos. If it's any consolation I was very much a Lennon fan. As the dust has settled however, it's clear to me he had a number of failings which have been uncovered this season. Injuries and losing key players didn't help, but in the end he couldn't prove (to me anyway) that he had the ability to rebuild a team, or get the best out of what he had.

He was good. But I'm certain there will be better.

18Craig75
08-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Fair dos. If it's any consolation I was very much a Lennon fan. As the dust has settled however, it's clear to me he had a number of failings which have been uncovered this season. Injuries and losing key players didn't help, but in the end he couldn't prove (to me anyway) that he had the ability to rebuild a team, or get the best out of what he had.

He was good. But I'm certain there will be better.

Time will tell [emoji1787]

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:48 PM
From being in the championship the season before, I’d argue 4th (and could’ve easily been 2nd), represented an excellent season. Especially with some of the football we played, particularly in the second half of the season.

It may have been 2nd or 3rd if we hadn't bottled PBS with a strange line up including dropping McLaren to the bench for no reason but we never. The season overall was a good season and a good return to the top flight but with the squad of players we had it was a good season with an excellent end (bar the bottle job).

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 03:50 PM
That’s your opinion, mine is different. Thanks for repeatedly telling me yours.

No need to act wide, as you've done a few times on this thread. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2019, 03:53 PM
It was a decent interview which couldn't go directly into the Lennon situation for obvious reasons. Its a shame she didn't choose her words a bit more carefully when talking about Oli Shaw, the folk who have taken totally against her for what happened must have loved it … the lad has promise, but he's a bit short of the level mentioned at the moment.

Anyway, folk have got what they wanted, Dempster has spoken and now all that remains is for everything she has said and more pertinently not said to be forensically picked apart on social media on here and in the press.

For the folk to whom the departure of Neil Lennon spells the end of this club nothing she said will be good enough. To the rest of us its an interesting interview which in all honesty doesn't say anything we didn't know already, but the more realistic of us didn't expect it to.

Lets see what happens next … I guarantee that no matter who we appoint as manager most folk will range in opinion from absolutely underwhelmed to a more pragmatic lets see what he can do approach.

Tell you what though … Once that manager is in place we need to support him no matter what our opinion of Lennon's departure. I had my concerns about how Lennon was managing the team, but I wasn't down on him before he went and would have been happy to see him given time to sort our problems, having said that I wasn't in the camp saying he was our best manager since Turnbull either, he was a long way off being anything of the sort. But the longer this goes on the more and more I'm sick of hearing Lennon's name. He is gone and as a Hibs fan I want to see how my club gets on and where it goes from here.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Time will tell [emoji1787]

That's generally what happens.

overdrive
08-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Looks like she’s pulled Eddie May off the media duties as Grant Murray did the press conference. Or maybe May is away to get his vasectomy done today :faf:

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 04:00 PM

I'm asking you simply where was this opinion when we did well? Where was this praise not for LD but "the process" in signing that seems to have been looked at under the microscope.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Hope people remember to be Hibs fans rather than Lennon fans.

Hibernian Football Club coped for 141 years without Neil Lennon and I'm sure we can cope just fine without him now.

Hi Heid Yin
08-02-2019, 04:11 PM
You just will not see any criticism of your beloved Lennon, he could've said no to some of these players, yet he accepted what he saw and failed to turn then into a solid decent team, he coaches ergo his fault

Nonsense to the bit in bold.

Please re-read the 4th line of my post where I stress where Neil Lennon's main responsibility as coach/manager lies.

Also read some of my other posts where I clearly summarise/critique Neil Lennon.

I'm not blind to his faults, and for me his strengths trump his weaknesses big time.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 04:34 PM
Nonsense to the bit in bold.

Please re-read the 4th line of my post where I stress where Neil Lennon's main responsibility as coach/manager lies.

Also read some of my other posts where I clearly summarise/critique Neil Lennon.

I'm not blind to his faults, and for me his strengths trump his weaknesses big time.

His strengths trump his weaknesses? He had us sitting 8th and needed to ask May for help. Kelvin Wilson said he wasnt great on tactics and just told players to run back when they lost the ball. I have sympathy for Lennon in terms of his personal situation but his weaknesses were beginning to outweigh his strengths.

We are talking about him being head coach of Hibs. Not about personal attributes he may or may not have. If he is asking for May to help out and stopped doing interviews I'm pretty sure he was struggling to show his strengths in the job.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 04:47 PM
There is as much anti-Lennon stuff on here as pro Lennon stuff...

None of it is Lennon's fault...to blame him is ridiculous - just the chip on the shoulders and frustrations of people on here.

Most of us are Hibs fans - care about the club..

A few on here are pretending who they are...they will disappear when we start winning again..

Sorry, none of what is Lennon's fault?

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Sorry, none of what is Lennon's fault?

the rift in the fan base - which was the core point, in the post I was commenting on...

Real Emerald
08-02-2019, 04:56 PM
the rift in the fan base - which was the core point, in the post I was commenting on...

Unfortunately because of the gagging orders adopted by both parties these rifts will only go away if the new manager comes in and has great success. If not, then fans will either blame Lennon for creating this mess or the board for pissing Lennon off. It’s not an ideal situation to galvanise our support. Let’s just hope we’re revelling in brilliant football and winning the cup in a few months or this division could go on for a long time.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately because of the gagging orders adopted by both parties these rifts will only go away if the new manager comes in and has great success. If not, then fans will either blame Lennon for creating this mess or the board for pissing Lennon off. It’s not an ideal situation to galvanise our support. Let’s just hope we’re revelling in brilliant football and winning the cup in a few months or this division could go on for a long time.

Agree RealEmerald...the best way to solve this to by winning football matches..it's amazing what a couple of wee back to back victories does to change the mood around here..

Real Emerald
08-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Agree RealEmerald...the best way to solve this to by winning football matches..it's amazing what a couple of wee back to back victories does to change the mood around here..

Yes please, here’s hoping and we can start moving forward again 👍

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 05:03 PM

Okay, I just wanted to establish that before responding properly to it.

Well, yes, a lot of it is exactly Neil Lennon's fault. He is a very divisive character and I think there are very few Hibs fans out there who can honestly say they didn't have a negative impression of him before he became our manager. It is a widely-held opinion that he was, at times, a complete arse at Celtic as both a player and a manager. The way that he acts very much creates a siege mentality of "it's them against us", and it's led to some absolute drivel being talked about referees etc.

Leaving aside how successful/unsuccessful I think he was as Hibs manager, he often carried himself with an attitude that he was doing Hibs a favour by being our manager, and that we were extremely lucky to have him. That was true of the first half of 2018, but wasn't the case for long spells of his time here too.

To sum it up, divisive man leaving club causes division.

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Okay, I just wanted to establish that before responding properly to it.

Well, yes, a lot of it is exactly Neil Lennon's fault. He is a very divisive character and I think there are very few Hibs fans out there who can honestly say they didn't have a negative impression of him before he became our manager. It is a widely-held opinion that he was, at times, a complete arse at Celtic as both a player and a manager. The way that he acts very much creates a siege mentality of "it's them against us", and it's led to some absolute drivel being talked about referees etc.

Leaving aside how successful/unsuccessful I think he was as Hibs manager, he often carried himself with an attitude that he was doing Hibs a favour by being our manager, and that we were extremely lucky to have him. That was true of the first half of 2018, but wasn't the case for long spells of his time here too.

To sum it up, divisive man leaving club causes division.

...if that's your view, you are welcome to it. Lennon is some guy - perhaps there should be a black mirror episode about his ability to affect peoples minds. For me, he is a man who battled against more hatred than most men ever witness in football. And he went to battle for his team , including us, every day he worked here. That "favour" point you mention is just baloney. It's clear you are glad he left. Yet, it is also clear to me, that it is not Neil Lennon that triggered fans taking his side or the clubs side - it's the fans themselves are choosing to do that.

He's moved on - some are happy, others aren't. Me , I'm going to support my club tomorrow.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 05:24 PM

Ah, so you picked games from September and October (before everything went wrong) to compare with our last two games, seems logical.

How about Motherwell away? More recent and a far worse side than Aberdeen or Celtic are. I was there, it was turgid, we looked absolutely idealess and it was a sorry end to the Neil Lennon era.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 05:31 PM
That "favour" point you mention is just baloney.

I've seen it written a good few times on Twitter by other Hibs fans and I've got mates who feel the same about it. Again, it might not have been true, I'm talking about the perception of it felt like Lennon saying "I'm too big a name for this club and I will go onto better things after leaving."

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 05:35 PM
I've seen it written a good few times on Twitter by other Hibs fans and I've got mates who feel the same about it. Again, it might not have been true, I'm talking about the perception of it felt like Lennon saying "I'm too big a name for this club and I will go onto better things after leaving."

Never sensed that......often sensed he used that type of tone to take pressure of the team and club , wasn’t always about him ..

Tbh. The bickering and anti Lennon , anti club tone that are in many posts these days are boring and tiresome to me ...

Bostonhibby
08-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Clueless.Don't mention the money spinning replay.
I think you got away with it[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
08-02-2019, 05:46 PM
His strengths trump his weaknesses? He had us sitting 8th and needed to ask May for help. Kelvin Wilson said he wasnt great on tactics and just told players to run back when they lost the ball. I have sympathy for Lennon in terms of his personal situation but his weaknesses were beginning to outweigh his strengths.

We are talking about him being head coach of Hibs. Not about personal attributes he may or may not have. If he is asking for May to help out and stopped doing interviews I'm pretty sure he was struggling to show his strengths in the job.

Neil Lennon (this is becoming tiresome repeating) steered us to promotion as "Champions" and then to a 4th place finish in The SPL and a European slot, playing some of the best football I have witnessed since the days of Turnbull.

You on the other hand focus on a half season where he was struggling with "the biggest injury crisis" I can recall any manager facing. He then gets sacked - thus leaving the job incomplete, with all the hypotheticals

associated with "what might he have done during the 2nd half of the season?"

None of us will ever know how the 2nd half of this season would have panned out under him, but he sure as hell did a fantastic job last season, clear evidence that he knows how to turn things around.

For all his flaws he was a larger than life character and a "major reason" we enjoyed 2 amazing seasons under him.

I'm actually sick to death of Hibbies assassinating the character of someone who did far more good for our club than bad.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 05:47 PM
...if that's your view, you are welcome to it. Lennon is some guy - perhaps there should be a black mirror episode about his ability to affect peoples minds. For me, he is a man who battled against more hatred than most men ever witness in football. And he went to battle for his team , including us, every day he worked here. That "favour" point you mention is just baloney. It's clear you are glad he left. Yet, it is also clear to me, that it is not Neil Lennon that triggered fans taking his side or the clubs side - it's the fans themselves are choosing to do that.

He's moved on - some are happy, others aren't. Me , I'm going to support my club tomorrow.

I'm with you.

He stepped over a line and he paid the price. That's a shame, but he's gone and we will recover.

Good luck to the new guy.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 05:53 PM
"what might he have done during the 2nd half of the season?"

None of us will ever know how the 2nd half of this season would have panned out under him, but he sure as hell did a fantastic job last season, clear evidence that he knows how to turn things around.

The first half of last season is nowhere near comparable to what the first half of this season has been like, if we're going to talk about turning things around. Hibs sat in 4th at the winter break and finished the season in 4th. Did we play far better football and win far more games? Yes, of course, and a lot of credit to Lennon for that.

The harsh facts are there though, the rate we were going at in the first half of the season would've probably seen us plod along into 4th/5th. The rate we've gone at this season is far worse. We have fewer points now with 25 games played than we did with 20 games played in 2017/18.

Keith_M
08-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Looks like she’s pulled Eddie May off....

Excuse me!?!?

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Excuse me!?!?

Try anything once.

overdrive
08-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Excuse me!?!?

All part of his vasectomy (new technique)

Hi Heid Yin
08-02-2019, 06:36 PM
The first half of last season is nowhere near comparable to what the first half of this season has been like, if we're going to talk about turning things around. Hibs sat in 4th at the winter break and finished the season in 4th. Did we play far better football and win far more games? Yes, of course, and a lot of credit to Lennon for that.

The harsh facts are there though, the rate we were going at in the first half of the season would've probably seen us plod along into 4th/5th. The rate we've gone at this season is far worse. We have fewer points now with 25 games played than we did with 20 games played in 2017/18.

We can dissect and scrutinize every phase of a season - the highs and lows, but for me the all important end result is what counts. Neil Lennon took us up as Champions and then took us into Europe. These achievements can't be taken away from him.

This season is now a write-off in terms off what Neil Lennon might have achieved. He was not allowed to finish the job.

Similarly, Stubbsy led us to that wonderful day in May, but facts are facts - he could not get us promoted - neither automatically or through the play offs.

I respect both managers for what they have done for our club, but feel I have to pipe up when fellow Hibbies resort to character assassination. It all becomes vindictive, contentious and contemptible once we go down that road.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Neil Lennon (this is becoming tiresome repeating) steered us to promotion as "Champions" and then to a 4th place finish in The SPL and a European slot, playing some of the best football I have witnessed since the days of Turnbull.

You on the other hand focus on a half season where he was struggling with "the biggest injury crisis" I can recall any manager facing. He then gets sacked - thus leaving the job incomplete, with all the hypotheticals

For all his flaws he was a larger than life character and a "major reason" we enjoyed 2 amazing seasons under him.

I'm actually sick to death of Hibbies assassinating the character of someone who did far more good for our club than bad.

"He then gets sacked"...sick to death with people saying that. Mutual consent doesn't mean that he was sacked or that he resigned. People leaving a job to go to another job sort of leave with mutual consent from their workplace, do we talk as if they "resigned" or were "sacked"? No. At the core of it is a resignation or sacking but it's simple terms to describe a more complex matter we have no information about.

Are you suggesting I'm assassinating his character by saying he had a shocking 6 months and should have been sacked after his comments in the aftermath of the derby last season? If you are, then surely you can't be one of the people saying "players must toughen up and should have listened to Lenny" because a high paid manager needs to take the flak from fans and rightfully gets punted when things go wrong. Is it fine for Kamberi to have a character assassination because he has had a poor 6 months? Surely you can't point the finger at Leeann as that'd be character assassination as well...

Also, you are correct that we don't know what the remainder of this season would have looked like with Lennon but I think most could see he was slowly but surely losing the dressing room. He had favourite players that he played regardless of their performance and that definitely wouldn't have aided matters.

Lennon was a good servant to the club but legends can still **** things up. That's the biggest reason why I didn't want Stokes back and don't want Stubbs back. Legacies can be tarnished. On reflection, it would have been better for all parties if Lennon had left the club in the summer.

Again, this isn't character assassination. It's just saying Lennon was a garbage head coach this season. He was likely one of the highest paid head coach/managers of Hibs for a long time (if not the highest) so I think that gives fans the right to call him out for being a bit rubbish for 6 months. Can't understand what he did last season to deserve immunity to criticism that Kamberi and Maclaren didn't?

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Hibernian Football Club coped for 141 years without Neil Lennon and I'm sure we can cope just fine without him now.

State the bloody obvious why don't you. These kind of posts are just as bad as the patronising ones that people where getting sick of.

We have an opinion, you disagree with it, now we support Lennon FC over Hibs .. aye good one.

Doh Rae Me
08-02-2019, 08:49 PM

You on the other hand focus on a half season where he was struggling with "the biggest injury crisis"

I can recall any manager facing. He then gets sacked - thus leaving the job incomplete, with all the hypotheticals

"This club gets under your skin."
I believe we have just made the biggest mistake ever.
Is Neil Lennon bigger than the club? No.
Did he make Hibs known and in the news more than any manager ever? Yes.
Is that a good thing?
I hope I'm wrong but I now see less season tickets, declining attendances and less football that encourages me to witness.
Can one man seriously have that effect?
IMO yes.

The Harp Awakes
08-02-2019, 08:51 PM
I'm asking you simply where was this opinion when we did well? Where was this praise not for LD but "the process" in signing that seems to have been looked at under the microscope.

Your hatred for Lennon seems to be an obsession mate. Post after post you're spouting the same stuff. I'm gutted we've lost a really good Manager, but it's time to move on.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Your hatred for Lennon seems to be an obsession mate. Post after post you're spouting the same stuff. I'm gutted we've lost a really good Manager, but it's time to move on.

He wasn’t our manager.

Why do people keep saying supporters hated Lennon like he’s some victim crime that was abused? It’s pathetic and back to the days when Lennon was a prick as player and coach of Celtic yet anyone with an issue against him or Celtic was a hate filled bigot.

This season is a shambles.

Yes, let’s move on.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Hatred aye OK what utter nonsense. He wasn't very good this season you can interpret it any way you like. I dare not a jot. Your over reaction to what I think of him I find strange.

"hatred" jeez. Not thinking he was doing a good job this season is "hatred". Post after post was me questioning another member to answer a question that they seemed to have no answer for. Maybe they have "hatred"for LD.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 09:08 PM
"This club gets under your skin."
I believe we have just made the biggest mistake ever.
Is Neil Lennon bigger than the club? No.
Did he make Hibs known and in the news more than any manager ever? Yes.
Is that a good thing?
I hope I'm wrong but I now see less season tickets, declining attendances and less football that encourages me to witness.
Can one man seriously have that effect?
IMO yes.

Have I lost my mind or were we pretty average until Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan came in last season? Lennon did a good job but I’m starting to think I have been living in an alternate dimension. The “best football” stuff going about is a bit OTT in my opinion. Most efficient for getting wins is a better way of wording that. Stubbs had us playing some nice football as well but struggled to get wins when it was necessary sometimes. Mowbray had us playing good football. Hughes had us playing good football for a spell.

This adulation of Lennon actually sort of does a disservice to every other manager/head coach Hibs have had recently. Cup winning legend head coach leaves with a “meh, who cares” and a head coach that does well after him gets “oh my god, nobody will buy season tickets!!!!” Crazy stuff.

greenpaper55
08-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Have I lost my mind or were we pretty average until Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan came in last season? Lennon did a good job but I’m starting to think I have been living in an alternate dimension. The “best football” stuff going about is a bit OTT in my opinion. Most efficient for getting wins is a better way of wording that. Stubbs had us playing some nice football as well but struggled to get wins when it was necessary sometimes. Mowbray had us playing good football. Hughes had us playing good football for a spell.

This adulation of Lennon actually sort of does a disservice to every other manager/head coach Hibs have had recently. Cup winning legend head coach leaves with a “meh, who cares” and a head coach that does well after him gets “oh my god, nobody will buy season tickets!!!!” Crazy stuff.

Spot on.

Doh Rae Me
08-02-2019, 09:18 PM
I made no reference to any other manager. I asked a few questions, gave my response in 2 and opinion in 1.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 09:23 PM
State the bloody obvious why don't you. These kind of posts are just as bad as the patronising ones that people where getting sick of.

We have an opinion, you disagree with it, now we support Lennon FC over Hibs .. aye good one.

The Lennon incident happened two weeks ago and you have been nothing short of seething ever since. I think Neil Lennon himself probably cares less about it than you do.

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 09:25 PM

:top marks

madhatter
08-02-2019, 09:29 PM
I made no reference to any other manager. I asked a few questions, gave my response in 2 and opinion in 1.

One of your questions clearly sets up a comparison between Lennon and all other managers ever...

“Did he make Hibs known and in the news more than any manager ever? Yes”

I realise the above question is opinionated as much as the “Yes” answer. You do make a loose reference to all Hibs managers ever though.

Be one hell of a qualitative study to prove that opinion though!

The Harp Awakes
08-02-2019, 09:32 PM
He wasn’t our manager.

Why do people keep saying supporters hated Lennon like he’s some victim crime that was abused? It’s pathetic and back to the days when Lennon was a prick as player and coach of Celtic yet anyone with an issue against him or Celtic was a hate filled bigot.

This season is a shambles.

Yes, let’s move on.

I'm not sure your age, but if you think this season was a shambles you've not been a Hibs fan for long. Many of my 40 years with an ST have been crapper than this season. The minute we get a head coach (sorry for upsetting you and referring to him as a Manager), who yes, has a bad run of results BUT who wasn't willing to sit on his @rse and accept it, guys like you start spouting your p1sh.

I hope I'm wrong, but judging by the calibre of the apparent frontrunners for the vacancy, we will end up with an inferior Head Coach compared with his predecessor. Are you going to jump on the new guy after an initial run of bad results?

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Spot on.

Plus 2.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure your age, but if you think this season was a shambles you've not been a Hibs fan for long. Many of my 40 years with an ST have been crapper than this season. The minute we get a head coach (sorry for upsetting you and referring to him as a Manager), who yes, has a bad run of results BUT who wasn't willing to sit on his @rse and accept it, guys like you start spouting your p1sh.

I hope I'm wrong, but judging by the calibre of the apparent frontrunners for the vacancy, we will end up with an inferior Head Coach compared with his predecessor. Are you going to jump on the new guy after an initial run of bad results?

It appears not just me who has post after post of the same stuff.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:35 PM

What? You don’t think lying in 7th away to Motherwell with Paul Hanlon left back with two actual left backs sitting on the bench, gutless and toothless against hearts at new year? 2 wins in the league in 14 isn’t a shamble?

It was bingo every week.

How can you get more inferior than someone who who had us in 7th and not a clue how to change it? Lennon built on Stubbs this man crush **** has to stop.

I fully believe we will bring in a head coach who a) wants to be here, proud o be Hibernian fx manager b) will motivate not rip into the players and c) not act like a Celtic mascot and fully focus on the most important part, making our club successful again.

Your man Lennon failed at Bolton and left us in the **** when the heart of Stubbs team left in the summer yet you still have him as some hero and Stubbs a failure. How does it even make a single bit of sense?

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 09:36 PM

Good post

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 09:38 PM

In Lennon, we ended up with an inferior Head Coach compared with his predecessor.

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 09:39 PM
The Lennon incident happened two weeks ago and you have been nothing short of seething ever since. I think Neil Lennon himself probably cares less about it than you do.

Posters with opposing opinions keep saying this.. no one is seething. I've said it a 100 times and I'll say it again it's you lot who want to "move on" who keep on mentioning his name. The sheer hypocracy from you and your kind on this forum is beyond debating with.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Posters with opposing opinions keep saying this.. no one is seething. I've said it a 100 times and I'll say it again it's you lot who want to "move on" who keep on mentioning his name. The sheer hypocracy from you and your kind on this forum is beyond debating with.

Sorry, but "you and your kind"? 😂😂😂

Doh Rae Me
08-02-2019, 09:41 PM
I don't want to argue with other supporters, what's done is done. Let's see where we are a year from now. Maybe we can all make an informed decision then.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 09:43 PM

When should a club sack/get rid of a high calibre/profile manager/head coach? Would Lennon be sackable if we were in a relegation fight or would he survive that until we were relegated? All hypothetical but I’m struggling to work out where people have placed the line.

Are people out there also thinking we’d maintain high season ticket numbers if we had kept Lennon and regardless of us finishing bottom six? Our season tickets will drop based on this season regardless of Lennon leaving. We’ve got the unexpected nature of Brexit to tackle and a likely bottom six finish, hardly enticing for a lot of fans even with a high profile head coach in charge. The size of the drop will be based on new head coach and our end to the season.

People want to see their team win. Not to see interviews of the head coach saying “I won’t accept us losing” every week to then see their team lose the following week. People use “do your talking on the pitch”, yet it seems much adulation for Lennon was from his talking off the pitch (interviews showing his winning mentality).

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 09:43 PM

I mean I can't speak for the rest of "my lot" (good grief, by the way), but for me personally, it usually goes like this:

I say that I'm glad he's gone and we can all move on.

Poster X says "we should've never sacked Lenny, we're doomed now!", or words to that effect

I say "well that's very debatable, we'd been doing terribly under him since November and there were little to no signs of improvement."

Poster X claims that I'm not moving on.

Repeat ad nauseam.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:45 PM

You’ve obviously missed the posts Paco on some saying they have an agenda against Lennon.

I grew to love the guy (gen up) and his fight he had for us. Since that derby he lost it tho, thought he was too big for us, didn’t care bout us finishing fourth let’s wind up the huns and has been working his ticket ever since. The passion the enthusiasm of was gone since the shambolic display (his doing) at pbs.

theonlywayisup
08-02-2019, 09:48 PM

Lennon's Lip, I feel you're wasting much too energy on this.

I'm with you in agreeing that Neil Lennon did a fantastic job over the previous two years. We all agree that this season has poor / frustrating / shambles, take your pick on how you would describe it. We all have our views on whether Neil Lennon is "solely to blame" or "just unlucky".

Like you, I'm sick of people assassinating his character. However, it's maybe time to move on. Let others have their cheap digs

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:48 PM
In Lennon, we ended up with an inferior Head Coach compared with his predecessor.

Correct and he would walk over hot cole or the M8 to get back here. Neil Lennon fc will be giving it be done no wrong wasn’t backed but is somehow a winner having won very little as a head coach ever.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2019, 09:49 PM

The ‘it’s been crap in the past’ position is poor IMO.

It’s all relative to circumstances at the time. Even allowing for the players we lost we’ve never had the level of support we have now and it’s unlikely we’ll retain it.

We’ve won 2 out of our last 16 or 17 games. That is pretty shambolic to be fair. I didn’t expect to be top of the league. But you’re only talking about 3 or 4 extra wins and we’d be right up there competing for Europe. Instead. We’re 8th and managerles even though we didn’t sack him and he didn’t resign.

At least we have one of the best young players in Europe on our books.

The Harp Awakes
08-02-2019, 09:50 PM
When should a club sack/get rid of a high calibre/profile manager/head coach? Would Lennon be sackable if we were in a relegation fight or would he survive that until we were relegated? All hypothetical but I’m struggling to work out where people have placed the line.

Are people out there also thinking we’d maintain high season ticket numbers if we had kept Lennon and regardless of us finishing bottom six? Our season tickets will drop based on this season regardless of Lennon leaving. We’ve got the unexpected nature of Brexit to tackle and a likely bottom six finish, hardly enticing for a lot of fans even with a high profile head coach in charge. The size of the drop will be based on new head coach and our end to the season.

People want to see their team win. Not to see interviews of the head coach saying “I won’t accept us losing” every week to then see their team lose the following week. People use “do your talking on the pitch”, yet it seems much adulation for Lennon was from his talking off the pitch (interviews showing his winning mentality).

An interesting first question. Should Stubbs have been sacked after 2 failed attempts getting promoted? Just as well he wasn't as we went on to win the Cup.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:51 PM

I'm with you in agreeing that Neil Lennon did a fantastic job over the previous two years. We all agree that this season has poor / frustrating / shambles, take your pick on how you would describe it. We all have our views on whether Neil Lennon is "solely to blame" or "just unlucky".

Like you, I'm sick of people assassinating his character. However, it's maybe time to move on. Let others have their cheap digs

Who on Earth ihas assassinated Neil Lennons character? For saying he wasn’t as good as others believed. Cut the ducking melodramatics out mate. Stubbs gets it much more harshly.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 09:57 PM

The irony is that you are assassinating other people’s character by stating “let others have their cheap digs” when describing their opinion. Plenty opinions coming from both sides but recently I’ve seen “you and your kind” and accusations of “assassinating his character” coming from people who are guilty of what they are suggesting.

Let’s all get back to assassinating the character of players! Seems to be only acceptable kind of character assassination that is allowed, I mean Lennon is a working man...he wasn’t as well paid as these players...Kamberi!!!!

bigwheel
08-02-2019, 09:58 PM

This is exactly where I am too...thanks for summarising it better than I could have....and agree, let's look forward....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:58 PM
An interesting first question. Should Stubbs have been sacked after 2 failed attempts getting promoted? Just as well he wasn't as we went on to win the Cup.

Stubbs turned the playing squad round from relegation to playing fantastic football including bringing in all the players people are moaning about Lennon losing.

Was he meant to win the league with huns and hearts?

Was he meant to win the league with huns spending big?

What he did do was give us a positive reason to go to games again to watch young players put their foot on the ball with no fear, Hampdens, finals, derby wins skelping huns:

He didn’t take us up, was that his remit? I don’t think it would have been unlike Lennon when huns and hearts left the league.

What he also done is give me the greatest day of my life supporting Hibernian as our manager who let our side go out and express themselves without any fear of anything. That was Stubbs last match. In contrast, Neil Lennon lost the players Stubbs brought in and developed and never had a clue how to replace them his last match was a shambles against Motherwell.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 10:01 PM

Well said 👍

HibeeHibernian4
08-02-2019, 10:01 PM
I'm having a good chuckle at posters pointing out that Lennon wasn't some sort of all-conquering God of football being accused of 'character assassination'.

Captain Trips
08-02-2019, 10:05 PM
In summary: Good Manager at start, now not really bothered he is away.

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Stubbs turned the playing squad round from relegation to playing fantastic football including bringing in all the players people are moaning about Lennon losing.

What he did do was give us a positive reason to go to games again to watch young players put their foot on the ball with no fear, Hampdens, finals, derby wins skelping huns:

He didn’t take us up, was that his remit? I don’t think it would have been unlike Lennon when huns and hearts left the league.

What he also done is give me the greatest day of my life supporting Hibernian as our manager who let our side go out and express themselves without any fear of anything. That was Stubbs last match. In contrast, Neil Lennon lost the players Stubbs brought in and developed and never had a clue how to replace them his last match was a shambles against Motherwell.

Buckin ❤ Stubbsy

Doh Rae Me
08-02-2019, 10:07 PM
There will be no closure on this as we are not being told the whole story.
There is currently a split in the fan base of the club. It suits no one.
It saddens me.
Sod it, where's ma bottle o grouse?
That's the answer.
I've forgotten the question.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Buckin ❤ Stubbsy

Me too mate. My sons middle name is Gray, iI tried hard for Stubbs-Gray but she wasn’t having it. True story too 😁💚💚

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Me too mate. My sons middle name is Gray, iI tried hard for Stubbs-Gray but she wasn’t having it. True story too 😁💚💚

Brilliant! My boys middle name is Duffy-Rougier. Those were hard times 🤣

madhatter
08-02-2019, 10:16 PM

Interesting point. Lennon gets credit for getting us promoted in one season even though Hearts and Rangers were gone. Still it seems the spin is he achieved where our cup winning manager failed.

Stubbs would’ve likely left/been sacked if he hadn’t won the cup.

Did Lennon get us within touching distance of a treble?

Lets summarise both Lennon and Stubbs reign with relative fairness:

Stubbs
Two years of struggling but with good football. Couldn’t compete for league and stayed for 3rd year. Did however come very close to achieving a treble and even closer to achieving a double. Won the Scottish Cup. McGinn, McGeouch among other contributing to this success.

Lennon
Struggled more than expected in the Championship without Hearts and Rangers in it. Ended up with comfortable cushion but wasn’t plain sailing until late on. Was there not a game that was dubbed as a potential title decider? Won the championship. Did not bad in Europe considering all things, McGinn proved a big factor in our success. Mediocre first half of season in premiership, signed Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan on loan and then had a very good 5-6 month spell. Decent start to next campaign but by October/November everything seemed to be going downhill.

Both managers/head coaches did well in their own regard but I struggle to see where Lennon sits apart from any other head coach hired by Hibs? Perhaps I’m a pessimistic Hibs fan but beyond what I expected would be an easy task without Hearts and Rangers, Lennon really only had a very good 5-6 month spell. Rest was average. Stubbs’ time was largely average as well.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Brilliant! My boys middle name is Duffy-Rougier. Those were hard times 🤣

Hahahahaha amazing 😂😂😂

SquashedFrogg
08-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Hahahahaha amazing 😂😂😂

Ah, sadly it's not but I kinda wish I had now.

I've just got to pray we sign a 'James' who does something amazing...

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Somewhere someone must have a middle name Blobby and blame it on Williamson stuffing his or her puss at the cinema m

The Harp Awakes
08-02-2019, 10:24 PM

I agree with you about Stubbs. He was a success with Hibs and I love the guy to bits.

The point I'm making is that taking such a short term view on a Manager/Head Coach as you are with Lennon, is naive to say the least. Stubbs and Lennon's win ratio with Hibs were 58% and 48% respectively. Out of sight compared with previous Hibs Managers over many decades. Stubbs won us the Holy Grail and Lennon got us promoted and into Europe at the 1st time of asking. This season Lennon was faced with the impossible task of replacing 3 exceptional players (given our budget) and a crippling injury list and therfore the momentum gained last season was lost.

Lennon has gone now and I for one am gutted about that. I want to move on now though as all I care about is HFC. However, I'm not going to listen to p1sh about how cr@p Lennon was as it's bull****. If you genuinely think that then you should be careful what you wish for.

Doh Rae Me
08-02-2019, 10:26 PM
I agree with you about Stubbs. He was a success with Hibs and I love the guy to bits.

The point I'm making is that taking such a short term view on a Manager/Head Coach as you are with Lennon, is naive to say the least. Stubbs and Lennon's win ratio with Hibs were 58% and 48% respectively. Out of sight compared with previous Hibs Managers over many decades. Stubbs won us the Holy Grail and Lennon got us promoted and into Europe at the 1st time of asking. This season Lennon was faced with the impossible task of replacing 3 exceptional players (given our budget) and a crippling injury list and therfore the momentum gained last season was lost.

Lennon has gone now and I for one am gutted about that. I want to move on now from though as all I care about is HFC. However, I'm not going to listen to p1sh about how cr@p Lennon was as it's bull****. If you genuinely think that then you should be careful what you wish for.

100% agree

Hi Heid Yin
08-02-2019, 10:31 PM

Lennon has gone now and I for one am gutted about that. I want to move on now though as all I care about is HFC. However, I'm not going to listen to p1sh about how cr@p Lennon was as it's bull****. If you genuinely think that then you should be careful what you wish for.

:top marks

theonlywayisup
08-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Interesting point. Lennon gets credit for getting us promoted in one season even though Hearts and Rangers were gone. Still it seems the spin is he achieved where our cup winning manager failed.

Stubbs would’ve likely left/been sacked if he hadn’t won the cup.

Did Lennon get us within touching distance of a treble?

Lets summarise both Lennon and Stubbs reign with relative fairness:

Stubbs
Two years of struggling but with good football. Couldn’t compete for league and stayed for 3rd year. Did however come very close to achieving a treble and even closer to achieving a double. Won the Scottish Cup. McGinn, McGeouch among other contributing to this success.

Lennon
Struggled more than expected in the Championship without Hearts and Rangers in it. Ended up with comfortable cushion but wasn’t plain sailing until late on. Was there not a game that was dubbed as a potential title decider? Won the championship. Did not bad in Europe considering all things, McGinn proved a big factor in our success. Mediocre first half of season in premiership, signed Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan on loan and then had a very good 5-6 month spell. Decent start to next campaign but by October/November everything seemed to be going downhill.

Both managers/head coaches did well in their own regard but I struggle to see where Lennon sits apart from any other head coach hired by Hibs? Perhaps I’m a pessimistic Hibs fan but beyond what I expected would be an easy task without Hearts and Rangers, Lennon really only had a very good 5-6 month spell. Rest was average. Stubbs’ time was largely average as well.

Relative fairness - depends what benchmark you're comparing against.

What Stubbs and Lennon both achieved was better than anything else we've seen for the last 40 years. Yes - Mowbray and Collins had their moments in leagues dominated by one or both of the Old Firm, but they also had their bad times. Yogi also had his good times.

If Stubbs and Lennon's time are both assumed to be "largely average", it highlights how grim the last 40 years have been for Hibs fan.

I put a more positive spin on it - Stubbs gave me my greatest ever experience watching Hibs and Lennon gave me the best team I've been fortunate to watch. Both will always be cherished as being great Hibs managers. Each had their weakness, but I'm happy to ignore their failings. Let he without sin, cast the first stone.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Fair dos mate and thanks for a terrific reply it’s really appreciated and I’m not in any way being patronising.

Neil Lennon in my eyes done a good job for us, not as good S Stubbs but good. Deep down I’m a bit gutted he never done better because it seemed to me he lost his fight and his apitire of being our manager and went through the motions this season.

I don’t think there’s many hibs fans who hate Neil Lennon.

I do think there’s some Neil Lennon fans who seem to use anything apart from his managerial record this season to hit with a **** stick.

Blaming Dempster, Petrie the board George Craig and even the fans - some re posting saying the fans who don’t think Lennon was taking our football clubforward where against the person and someone even called me a bigot 😂😂😂

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:35 PM

Nobody has once ever came out saying Lennon was crap for us.

Nobody, ever.

We have heard that Leanna hasn’t a ****ing clue

And Stubbs was. Failure 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

theonlywayisup
08-02-2019, 10:36 PM

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Who has said Lennon was crap for hibs. Quote 5 posts out of hundreds.

But you won’t because you can’t.

pacoluna
08-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Fair dos mate and thanks for a terrific reply it’s really appreciated and I’m not in any way being patronising.

Neil Lennon in my eyes done a good job for us, not as good S Stubbs but good. Deep down I’m a bit gutted he never done better because it seemed to me he lost his fight and his apitire of being our manager and went through the motions this season.

I do think there’s some Neil Lennon fans who seem to use anything apart from his managerial record this season to hit with a **** stick.

Blaming Dempster, Petrie the board George Craig and even the fans - some re posting saying the fans who don’t think Lennon was taking our football clubforward where against the person and someone even called me a bigot ������

Someone called you a bigot, you know fine it was me who called you it. You Brought Roman catholism into the **** debate for some strange reason.

I've not blamed responsibly on any sole person, I've said this year we have collectively failed. It's not hard to grasp.
It's you and others who are trying to blame all this on one person when it's simply not true.

Btw your still going around in circles talking about Lennon, it's like Ruth davidson and independence.

madhatter
08-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Relative fairness - depends what benchmark you're comparing against.

What Stubbs and Lennon both achieved was better than anything else we've seen for the last 40 years. Yes - Mowbray and Collins had their moments in leagues dominated by one or both of the Old Firm, but they also had their bad times. Yogi also had his good times.

If Stubbs and Lennon's time are both assumed to be "largely average", it highlights how grim the last 40 years have been for Hibs fan.

I put a more positive spin on it - Stubbs gave me my greatest ever experience watching Hibs and Lennon gave me the best team I've been fortunate to watch. Both will always be cherished as being great Hibs managers. Each had their weakness, but I'm happy to ignore their failings. Let he without sin, cast the first stone.

Supporting Hibs has been grim for a very long time. I’m sure that’s something most fans can agree on. Lennon and Stubbs have been a couple of the best appointments the club have made to date. They did well. However, I think our suffering and the recent lows - recruitment of Butcher and relegation - has skewed many fans’ adulation, especially of Lennon.

I mean, we’ve almost had Mayan predictions of 2012 type stuff. Season tickets will plummet and we won’t know any better than Lennon! Imagine if we got a head coach that regularly got us into Europe and had us reaching group stages, I genuinely think people would then view Lennon and Stubbs as fairly average. Lennon more so simply because Stubbs has a piece in history due to the cup.

The Harp Awakes
08-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Blaming Dempster, Petrie the board George Craig and even the fans - some re posting saying the fans who don’t think Lennon was taking our football clubforward where against the person and someone even called me a bigot 😂😂😂

Ok mate. We have different views on the situation but we both clearly want the best for Hibs and that's all that matters.

GGTTH

Mibbes Aye
08-02-2019, 11:33 PM
Only just found this thread, my it’s a beaut.

FWIW I liked Lennon and Stubbs. And Collins and Mowbray. And Miller to an extent.

They all had their weaknesses but they all brought me great times as a Hibs fan.

Hopefully we can find someone else to do the same (and then replace them two or three seasons later with someone who can do the same, repeat ad infinitum :greengrin)

tonyrougier123
08-02-2019, 11:35 PM
Only just found this thread, my it’s a beaut.

FWIW I liked Lennon and Stubbs. And Collins and Mowbray. And Miller to an extent.

They all had their weaknesses but they all brought me great times as a Hibs fan.

Hopefully we can find someone else to do the same (and then replace them two or three seasons later with someone who can do the same, repeat ad infinitum :greengrin)

Mcleish?

Mibbes Aye
08-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Mcleish?

Would we not have to pay compo to the SFA?

Mibbes Aye
08-02-2019, 11:38 PM
Mcleish?

Just kidding, yes, there were some very good moments with him in charge too.

tonyrougier123
09-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Just kidding, yes, there were some very good moments with him in charge too.

😂👍

18Craig75
09-02-2019, 12:27 AM

When we were doing well I was the first to congratulate and be delighted with the players we had. We all knew McGinn was special. I appreciated McGeouchs talent and potential way before his extended run in the team last year. Barker I thought got better as the season went on and was a shrewd addition.

When things are going well clearly the system is working well and they were entitled to all the plaudits they got at the time.

I’m also entitled to think that those same departments have so far failed this season to build on that success. NL didn’t match last years success this year, and I’ve said has paid with his job. I think you’re insinuating that I’ve been waiting in the wings for the club for I start failing again. It’s actually the opposite. I think the club had a unique opportunity to build on what we have, and the feel good factor we were riding on to push us to the next level.

Lennon has played his part in our demise to bottom six fodder; but where others are happy to pick and choose where the structure of the club comes in to play - I’m more inclined to dig deeper into why we have ended up in 8th place in the league, with most of our January signings (signed whist Lennon was suspended) can’t get in the team.

I’m a hibs fan not a Lennon fan, I’m just a bit more dissolutioned than your average poster on here that’s happy to just blame Lennon.

Captain Trips
09-02-2019, 12:48 AM
When we were doing well I was the first to congratulate and be delighted with the players we had. We all knew McGinn was special. I appreciated McGeouchs talent and potential way before his extended run in the team last year. Barker I thought got better as the season went on and was a shrewd addition.

When things are going well clearly the system is working well and they were entitled to all the plaudits they got at the time.

I’m also entitled to think that those same departments have so far failed this season to build on that success. We did NL, who I’ve said has paid with his job. I think you’re insinuating that I’ve been waiting in the wings for the club for I start failing again. It’s actually the opposite. I think the club had a unique opportunity to build on what we have, and the feel good factor we were riding on to push us to the next level.

Lennon has played his part in our demise to bottom six fodder; but where others are happy to pick and choose where the structure of the club comes in to play - I’m more inclined to dig deeper into why we have ended up in 8th place in the league, with most of our January signings (signed whist Lennon was suspended) can’t get in the team.

I’m a hibs fan not a Lennon fan, I’m just a bit more dissolutioned than your average poster on here that’s happy to just blame Lennon.

People seem to have now be separating the recruitment and Lennon. I am saying if the recruitment was issue now why was it not "singled" out as main reason we did well.

There is no need to dig deeper Lennon accepted players no different from scouts looking at players. If Neil takes them then it's on him. He wasn't happy with 4th being a success and this term we would be lucky to finish 5th or 6th and IMO he feared that was a big failure got frustred a few things happened and he gets removed. No very poor finish with Hibs on CV.

I really do not see who else is to blame.

18Craig75
09-02-2019, 12:54 AM
People seem to have now be separating the recruitment and Lennon. I am saying if the recruitment was issue now why was it not "singled" out as main reason we did well.

There is no need to dig deeper Lennon accepted players no different from scouts looking at players. If Neil takes them then it's on him. He wasn't happy with 4th being a success and this term we would be lucky to finish 5th or 6th and IMO he feared that was a big failure got frustred a few things happened and he gets removed. No very poor finish with Hibs on CV.

I think you are the one that is distinguishing between the two. Let’s face it, some people on this board have never liked Lennon and have unwavering faith in the board.

Personally I really liked Lennon, but admitted a couple weeks ago (after his suspension) that all things considered it was better for him to go.

He played some strange formations and particularly against Motherwell in his last game some strange personnel (after having done well against a poor Elgin). He has paid for his decisions with his job.

I don’t apologise for the fact I’m not willing to accept he was solely to blame for the state we currently find ourselves in.

Just as he wasn’t solely to praise for last years strong finish, the back room staff played their part.

Just I think this year they’ve played their part in our current awful position, Lennon has paid for his part in this with his job...what about our much lauded ‘structure’

Tornadoes70
09-02-2019, 01:02 AM
I think you are the one that is distinguishing between the two. Let’s face it, some people on this board have never liked Lennon and have unwavering faith in the board.

Personally I really liked Lennon, but admitted a couple weeks ago (after his suspension) that all things considered it was better for him to go.

He played some strange formations and particularly against Motherwell in his last game some strange personnel (after having done well against a poor Elgin). He has paid for his decisions with his job.

I don’t apologise for the fact I’m not willing to accept he was solely to blame for the state we currently find ourselves in.

Just as he wasn’t solely to praise for last years strong finish, the back room staff played their part.

Just I think this year they’ve played their part in our current awful position, Lennon has paid for his part in this with his job...what about our much lauded ‘structure’

Even bereft of brain cells realised he had lost focus over the last few months of his tenure.

We've a good squad of players and a good manager brought in with a couple of quality additions can hope for top six.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

18Craig75
09-02-2019, 01:18 AM
Even bereft of brain cells realised he had lost focus over the last few months of his tenure.

We've a good squad of players and a good manager brought in with a couple of quality additions can hope for top six.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

But why were these “quality additions” not brought in in January. The fact none of our January signings (all signed whilst Lennon was suspended, apart from Gauld) Playing at the weekend or on Wednesday night.

18Craig75
09-02-2019, 01:24 AM
But why were these “quality additions” not brought in in January. The fact none of our January signings (all signed whilst Lennon was suspended, apart from Gauld) starting at the weekend or (Gauld apart) on Wednesday night.

Captain Trips
09-02-2019, 01:37 AM

We are of different opinions that is clear. I like Lennon and the way it ended just should not have been how it was. I didn't mention the structure or the recruitment team last season I put it all to Lennon again he signed the players at end of day so he got the credit from me.

This term he gets the other side of it. IMO he was not the same manager this season. LD and the scouting team haven't done anything wrong that I saw. He was given the tools and we are behind several teams with less than what we got.

We were onto a failure this season and I do not think Lennon is to bothered to be away from that.

It is though now a case of onwards and upwards and we can see if the next manager can get a tune out of this squad.

18Craig75
09-02-2019, 01:44 AM
We are of different opinions that is clear. I like Lennon and the way it ended just should not have been how it was. I didn't mention the structure or the recruitment team last season I put it all to Lennon again he signed the players at end of day so he got the credit from me.

This term he gets the other side of it. IMO he was not the same manager this season. LD and the scouting team haven't done anything wrong that I saw. He was given the tools and we are behind several teams with less than what we got.

We were onto a failure this season and I do not think Lennon is to bothered to be away from that.

It is though now a case of onwards and upwards and we can see if the next manager can get a tune out of this squad.

I’m not someone to come on this message board glorifying in the position the club finds itself now. Or to use it as some sort of platform to push an agenda that takes aim at the board, as has pretty clearly been insinuated, since my opinion differs from the norm on here,

I’m a hibs fan first and foremost, I think we deserve more than we’re currently getting: NL paid with his job, have the player showed any more in the period since he was sacked/mutually consented.

J-C
09-02-2019, 04:45 AM
Lennon has gone, purely his own fault poor results and his hot head attitude getting the better of him. He was a decent manager nothing more, he was high profile but the football to get us promoted was industrial and in the 2nd season we had McGinn and McGeouch playing out their skins. His idea of a strike force was a raw rookie and club legend who had an attitude problem, only really good football was in the 2nd half of last season when we were probably the best team on the league.

His recruitment was poor this season and was quick to shift the blame for his own short comings, the football has been very poor and he probably would've gone even if he hadn't lost it 2 weeks ago.

We thank him for getting back to the top league but ultimately it was his time to go, we move on as a club.

marinello59
09-02-2019, 05:36 AM
Lennon has gone, purely his own fault poor results and his hot head attitude getting the better of him. He was a decent manager nothing more, he was high profile but the football to get us promoted was industrial and in the 2nd season we had McGinn and McGeouch playing out their skins. His idea of a strike force was a raw rookie and club legend who had an attitude problem, only really good football was in the 2nd half of last season when we were probably the best team on the league.

His recruitment was poor this season and was quick to shift the blame for his own short comings, the football has been very poor and he probably would've gone even if he hadn't lost it 2 weeks ago.

We thank him for getting back to the top league but ultimately it was his time to go, we move on as a club.

The Neil Lennon we had up until the start of this league season was my favourite Hib manager ever and I’ve seen a few. We have been poor this season but let’s be fair, we lost a fair amount of quality and the injury list has been unfortunate to say the least. In saying that though it seemed as if his heart wasn’t really in it anymore and since Killie away I had become convinced that he would not see the season out. At clubs like Hibs where budgets are limited every manager, no matter how good, has a sell by date and unfortunately it looked like Neil Lennon’s had expired.
The same could be said about board members. Leeann Dempster did a terrific job of turning the club around after relegation and has overseen the appointment and backing of two very capable managers. Losing one of them in the latter stages of a transfer window doesn’t look too clever though and her lengthy silence afterwards allowed all sorts of rumour and innuendo to fill the void. When she did eventually release a statement, whilst being good in parts, she did not come across as the super confident leader we have previously seen. I suspect, without any inside knowledge at all, that her time with us is nearly done.

Scotty Leither
09-02-2019, 07:30 AM
The club talk about "succession planning" - well that cuts both ways - where's the succession planning post-Tom Farmer?

It's a valid point but one that brooks a fair amount of hostile comment if it's ever raised on here.

If Dempster does go and we're back to basically the same old faces at the helm that saw us plodding along in mid-table (and worse) then how do we enthuse the fans to keep turning up in numbers and buying season tickets?

We need new blood and new investment at all levels of the club, and repeating the mantra of "buy more shares in HSL or else watch us fall behind the rest", just doesn't cut it for me, it needs more imagination than that, and that has to come from one place, the TOP.

theonlywayisup
09-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Oh, here we go - another Hibs.net myth in the making

!

In saying that though it seemed as if his heart wasn’t really in it anymore

I've seen such posts many times over the last few days - the three above are all from this morning. And, yes, I've been selective in what I've retained from the original post.

In Lennon's defence, I see an opposite view. I see a man who was very passionate to get Hibs up to a level we've never been for forty years. I see a man who was extremly frustrated about how close he got last season, but ultimately failed with three games to go (yes, his team selection at Tiny didn't help, but I put this down to him wanting to beat the Hertz by playing attacking football). I see a man who was extremely frustrated with the loss of key individuals, the injuries, poor play/attitude by certain players, the poor referee decisions and probably the lack of money to get in quality reinforcements.

But "lost focus", "not bothered to be away" and "his heart wasn't really in it anymore", I'm sorry I believe that to be rubbish.

In writing this, I'm not condoning how he's conducted himself, whether that be after the Hertz derby defeat or how he's been highly critical about some players in public. However, I don't believe for a second that he's lost desire or focus.

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2019, 07:43 AM

I've seen such posts many times over the last few days - the three above are all from this morning. And, yes, I've been selective in what I've retained from the original post.

In Lennon's defence, I see an opposite view. I see a man who was very passionate to get Hibs up to a level we've never been for forty years. I see a man who was extremly frustrated about how close he got last season, but ultimately failed with three games to go (yes, his team selection at Tiny didn't help, but I put this down to him wanting to beat the Hertz by playing attacking football). I see a man who was extremely frustrated with the loss of key individuals, the injuries, poor play/attitude by certain players, the poor referee decisions and probably the lack of money to get in quality reinforcements.

But "lost focus", "not bothered to be away" and "his heart wasn't really in it anymore", I'm sorry I believe that to be rubbish.

In writing this, I'm not condoning how he's conducted himself, whether that be after the Hertz derby defeat or how he's been highly critical about some players in public. However, I don't believe for a second that he's lost desire or focus.

If he wanted to beat Hearts at Tynie then his team selection didn’t reflect that.

marinello59
09-02-2019, 07:50 AM

It’s all about opinions and I do agree with some of your post.
However. :greengrin Were you at Killie away? As that day’s horror show unfolded he rarely moved from the dugout, he didn’t show much passion that day. I sit behind the dug out at ER and he just hasn’t been the same man this season. I appreciate that there were other factors at play but something just didn’t feel right.

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2019, 07:51 AM
If he wanted to beat Hearts at Tynie then his team selection didn’t reflect that.

To be fair, if a completely useless linesman had seen Shaw's shot go over the line at the pbs he would've beaten Hearts.

theonlywayisup
09-02-2019, 07:55 AM

You honestly believe when he was choosing his team for Tiny, he didn't want to win the game?

He started with Boyle and Barker in the wide positions, with the belief that they would exploit the 'slow' Hertz defence. However, I would have preferred he player Bartley in midfield and Maclaren supporting Kamberi. Yes, with hindsight, he made the wrong decision. But, Lennon went to Tiny not wanting to win the game; what a lot of rubbish.

theonlywayisup
09-02-2019, 08:01 AM
It’s all about opinions and I do agree with some of your post.
However. :greengrin Were you at Killie away? As that day’s horror show unfolded he rarely moved from the dugout, he didn’t show much passion that day. I sit behind the dug out at ER and he just hasn’t been the same man this season. I appreciate that there were other factors at play but something just didn’t feel right.

I know what you're saying - I have days when I'm at work and things are not going to plan, I'm being battered from all sides, I'm totally frustrated with all that I'm seeing. With my personality, I do 'retreat', take a step back and reflect and, yes, sometimes over analyse the situation.

But have I "lost focus", my "heart is not in it anymore". Quite the opposite - I move on to the next day try and work even harder.

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2019, 08:02 AM
To be fair, if a completely useless linesman had seen Shaw's shot go over the line at the pbs he would've beaten Hearts.

Different game

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2019, 08:06 AM
You honestly believe when he was choosing his team for Tiny, he didn't want to win the game?

He started with Boyle and Barker in the wide positions, with the belief that they would exploit the 'slow' Hertz defence. However, I would have preferred he player Bartley in midfield and Maclaren supporting Kamberi. Yes, with hindsight, he made the wrong decision. But, Lennon went to Tiny not wanting to win the game; what a lot of rubbish.

He started with 3 at the back with Boyle and Stevenson as wing backs and Whittaker as a holding midfielder. Barker played in behind Kamberi even though we had been successful with the 2 strikers up to that point. No need to change that for a game we had to win

marinello59
09-02-2019, 08:15 AM
I know what you're saying - I have days when I'm at work and things are not going to plan, I'm being battered from all sides, I'm totally frustrated with all that I'm seeing. With my personality, I do 'retreat', take a step back and reflect and, yes, sometimes over analyse the situation.

But have I "lost focus", my "heart is not in it anymore". Quite the opposite - I move on to the next day try and work even harder.

Only Neil Lennon really knows the answer. We can only speculate. It’s what we do. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Different game

Same team and venue though. I clearly read your post in isolation 😀

Captain Trips
09-02-2019, 08:35 AM

That's is you though. I just do not believe the passion was the same from him. I do not think he really 100% wanted it anymore. My opinion of course.

Chuck Rhoades
09-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Firstly, I am a supporter of LD. She’s led our club to a terrific period of success and should always be recognised for that. However, people need to wake-up and accept that her manner and treatment of staff at the club is rotten. I have heard this first hand by three ex-members of staff now (not the playing side of things). The behaviour of LD being a key part of why one of the three resigned.

Shelf life coming up for LD and expect a change in CEO in the next couple of years.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 09:39 AM

I’m also entitled to think that those same departments have so far failed this season to build on that success. NL didn’t match last years success this year, and I’ve said has paid with his job. I think you’re insinuating that I’ve been waiting in the wings for the club for I start failing again. It’s actually the opposite. I think the club had a unique opportunity to build on what we have, and the feel good factor we were riding on to push us to the next level.

Let's be clear. Lennon didn't pay for the lack of success with his job.

He was suspended because of an incident(s). Our league placing/form had nothing to do with it.

Had it been performance related, he would not have been suspended. He would have simply been sacked.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Firstly, I am a supporter of LD. She’s led our club to a terrific period of success and should always be recognised for that. However, people need to wake-up and accept that her manner and treatment of staff at the club is rotten. I have heard this first hand by three ex-members of staff now (not the playing side of things). The behaviour of LD being a key part of why one of the three resigned.

Shelf life coming up for LD and expect a change in CEO in the next couple of years.

I've heard she's great to work with and for.

Ex-members of staff aren't always wholly objective in their appraisal of the person who fired them.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2019, 10:01 AM

Irrespective of how she’s liked, I’d expect her to be gone in the next couple of years.

Chuck Rhoades
09-02-2019, 11:28 AM

Ex-members of staff aren't always wholly objective in their appraisal of the person who fired them.

Perhaps so, however two of the three made such comments in role. One resigned, out the blue, because of her. I see someone from Motherwell who has also joined the conversation saying how she was to work for when in charge there. Follows the same trail I put above.

My_Wife_Camille
09-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Perhaps so, however two of the three made such comments in role. One resigned, out the blue, because of her. I see someone from Motherwell who has also joined the conversation saying how she was to work for when in charge there. Follows the same trail I put above.
Yep. The poster you quoted made the assumption that they were fired. Obviously I can’t speak for you but the people I know that left because of her certainly weren’t fired and they had made their feelings know long before they were simply ex-employees.

DarlingtonHibee
09-02-2019, 11:48 AM
The club talk about "succession planning" - well that cuts both ways - where's the succession planning post-Tom Farmer?

It's a valid point but one that brooks a fair amount of hostile comment if it's ever raised on here.

If Dempster does go and we're back to basically the same old faces at the helm that saw us plodding along in mid-table (and worse) then how do we enthuse the fans to keep turning up in numbers and buying season tickets?

We need new blood and new investment at all levels of the club, and repeating the mantra of "buy morce shares in HSL or else watch us fall behind the rest", just doesn't cut it for me, it needs more imagination than that, and that has to come from one place, the TOP.
Scotty, there will be plans in place re stf.

If and when leeann goes we will go through a recruitment process.

Investment is a difficult thing, we don't have people lining up to throw money at the club.

We are financially sound, superb infrastructure, enjoying reasonable sucees and the long term future of the club is secure

Lago
09-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Nor are current members of staff whose ongoing employment may to some extent depend on the good will of their boss.

Lago
09-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Irrespective of how she’s liked, I’d expect her to be gone in the next couple of years.
This

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 12:37 PM

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Nor are current members of staff whose ongoing employment may to some extent depend on the good will of their boss.

I think its par for the course that someone at the top of an organisation isn't going popular with every member of staff.

That's life. She's there to do a job and will be assessed on performance. She's the CEO, not the club social convenor.

I know 2 ex colleagues who speak highly of her. Doesn't suffer fools but is fair and respectful to those around her.

HibeeHibernian4
09-02-2019, 12:48 PM
He started with 3 at the back with Boyle and Stevenson as wing backs and Whittaker as a holding midfielder. Barker played in behind Kamberi even though we had been successful with the 2 strikers up to that point. No need to change that for a game we had to win

We'd have only had to draw it, in all likelihood.

HibeeHibernian4
09-02-2019, 12:50 PM

He was suspended because of an incident(s). Our league placing/form had nothing to do with it.

Had it been performance related, he would not have been suspended. He would have simply been sacked.

And here's my counter point, Neil Lennon wouldn't allow himself to be sacked with a black mark next to his managerial name, as this season was almost certainly destined to be - given the way we were playing. I'm not saying he deliberately did something to get suspended, but it certainly helped him come away from it looking a lot better than if he'd led us to 7th-10th and parted ways in the summer.

Lago
09-02-2019, 12:53 PM

We need new blood and new investment at all levels of the club, and repeating the mantra of "buy more shares in HSL or else watch us fall behind the rest", just doesn't cut it for me, it needs more imagination than that, and that has to come from one place, the TOP.

Your right post Tom Farmer is an area where we are not allowed to go, bit of transparency needed.

green with envy
09-02-2019, 12:56 PM

Understand where you're coming from, however if the league placing had been say 3rd or 4th, the 'incident' may never have happened.

Lago
09-02-2019, 12:59 PM
I think its par for the course that someone at the top of an organisation isn't going popular with every member of staff.

That's life. She's there to do a job and will be assessed on performance. She's the CEO, not the club social convenor.

I know 2 ex colleagues who speak highly of her. Doesn't suffer fools but is fair and respectful to those around her.
I agree with you, I was only trying to bring a bit of balance to the statement I replied to.:agree:

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 01:07 PM
And here's my counter point, Neil Lennon wouldn't allow himself to be sacked with a black mark next to his managerial name, as this season was almost certainly destined to be - given the way we were playing. I'm not saying he deliberately did something to get suspended, but it certainly helped him come away from it looking a lot better than if he'd led us to 7th-10th and parted ways in the summer.

Possibly, but I'd really hope that he wasn't as dishonest as that.

Also, that joint statement looks like a glowing tribute, but it's really not that helpful to him.

Any future employer is going to ask about what happened and they'll know how this season looked like before he left.

Loads of managers get jobs after failing, Lennon failed at Bolton although circumstances were terrible, but there are a lot of question marks over his exit from Hibs.

It's football though, so he may well get another gig, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Understand where you're coming from, however if the league placing had been say 3rd or 4th, the 'incident' may never have happened.

Yes, that's possible. If Flo had been scoring then the criticism wouldn't have arisen. Maybe.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 01:15 PM

Yes, that's true.

Canny believe anyone. :hilarious

Eyrie
09-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Yes, that's true.

Canny believe anyone. :hilarious

If I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course you can't believe me when I say that if I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course I can't believe you when you say that you can't believe me when I say that if I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course ...

Hibbyradge
09-02-2019, 10:43 PM
If I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course you can't believe me when I say that if I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course I can't believe you when you say that you can't believe me when I say that if I can't believe anyone then I can't believe you when you say that I can't believe anyone. And of course ...

Do you expect me to believe that?

The Green Goblin
10-02-2019, 05:57 AM
I’m a Roman Catholic though. I went to Holyrood RC. I believe in our lady. There’s literally no way you can call me a bigot because my beliefs are 100% RC

Being a devout follower of any religion does not automatically mean you are not, or can not be a bigot.

Before you misunderstand me, I am not saying you are a bigot. Not at all. I’m saying I don’t think your argument holds up. Anyone can be a bigot. Sometimes religious people are the worst for this imo.