PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Neill

timewilltell
07-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Rumours on Twitter that Michael O'Neill may be interested in Hibs Manager vacancy

Steven79
07-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Rumours on Twitter that Michael O'Neill may be interested in Hibs Manager vacancy

He turned down the Scotland job and I imagine they would want compo for him which won't be cheap.

But that being said with the group they have for Euro 2020 he may decide to leave.

houstonhibbee
07-02-2019, 01:56 PM
First name that has my interest

Gordy M
07-02-2019, 02:01 PM
He is on a 6 year deal with a salary reported to be 700k a year......how much money do you think Hibs would have to pay in compensation to get him away from that contract??

Stokesy's on fire
07-02-2019, 02:02 PM

Now he would be a good shout for Hibs manager.

BegbieHSC
07-02-2019, 02:03 PM
I’d be delighted.

It’s only been posted by the ‘Hibs Transfer News’ account, and he talks utter pish.

Don’t believe it for a second - plus - we’d never pay NI the compensation they’d be after.

AgentDaleCooper
07-02-2019, 02:04 PM
He is on a 6 year deal with a salary reported to be 700k a year......how much money do you think Hibs would have to pay in compensation to get him away from that contract??

i would have thought with that kind of length of a deal there would be some sort of release clause...?

on the other hand, i have no idea what i'm talking about :dunno:

houstonhibbee
07-02-2019, 02:04 PM

No idea

Souter96Mac
07-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Would be delighted if true.

Gordy M
07-02-2019, 02:10 PM
No idea

A lot. Problem is, these names get banded about, and then when the board go for someone else we get the cry that its the cheap option etc.....when guys like O'Neil are not realistic targets im afraid.

Heisenberg
07-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Not a reliable source whatsoever. Would be utterly amazed if it was true.

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2019, 02:11 PM
lol, aw man crazy stuff, i'm sure every manager with the security of a contract until 2024 and worth between 600-700k/year would jump at the chance to leave it all behind :hilarious

Renfrew_Hibby
07-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Just how and why does the N.Irish FA get to pay O'Neil around £14K per week?
This is an FA that runs a semi professional domestic set up in a country with the population of greater Glasgow.
The role may also be classed as a part time one at that.
It just seems to me to be a little excessive no?

Diclonius
07-02-2019, 02:19 PM
No way.

Brightside
07-02-2019, 02:19 PM
hahahaha you could buy Hibs for how much compo we would have to pay.

Chuck Rhoades
07-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Usual suspect making up nonsense on Twitter - ignore. A quick look at the facts, i.e. his current salary and length of contract confirms we have zero chance of acquiring his services.

silverhibee
This is an FA that runs a semi professional domestic set up in a country with the population of greater Glasgow.

I thought the managers wage was paid by rich Irish benefactors.

Peevemor

Is there not some private backer that pays part of his wages?

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
He had a five-hour interview for the Hibs job prior to Fenlon being appointed, but he reckoned a whispering campaign that he was a bevvy merchant put the club off him.

Somehow don't think this rumour has got any legs, to be honest.

Brummie_Hibs
07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Can't see it this side of the summer as N.Ireland haven't started their qualifiers.

However, between now and 12 June, they have to play Estonia and Belarus, both Home and Away, who will be there main competition for 3rd place. They are all in a group with Germany and Holland, so you can guess they will be top 2.

O'Neill already knows that after June, then NI are out of it....

Frazerbob
07-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Never going to happen. He’s on £700k at NI and turned down £500k at Scotland. Canny see him taking £150k some how lol

green day
07-02-2019, 02:28 PM
I’d be delighted.

It’s only been posted by the ‘Hibs Transfer News’ account, and he talks utter pish.

Don’t believe it for a second - plus - we’d never pay NI the compensation they’d be after.

Stopped following that ages ago - utter made up crap

houstonhibbee
07-02-2019, 02:29 PM
He had a five-hour interview for the Hibs job prior to Fenlon being appointed, but he reckoned a whispering campaign that he was a bevvy merchant put the club off him.

Somehow don't think this rumour has got any legs, to be honest.

Must be a legless rumor then?

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 02:32 PM

Ba-doom tish! A bit of levity, God knows we need it.

Steve20
07-02-2019, 02:38 PM
No chance. People on Twitter need to do better if they're going to make up rubbish.

Mainstandman
07-02-2019, 02:39 PM

money from making the euros

IWasThere2016
07-02-2019, 02:50 PM
A non-starter financially..

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Laughable. We couldn't afford his housekeeper.

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 02:53 PM
That Transfer News account, honestly. :rolleyes:

"Who would my followers be happy with as Hibs manager?"

"Michael O'Neill?"

"Yeah sure lets go with that then"

And you just know there'll be idiots in the pubs next week who are telling their mates that Hibs didn't go after Michael O'Neill when he was interested in the job. Every piece of logic in the world would tell you that he definitely isn't.

hfc rd
07-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Too good to be true

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM
What if he was asked to do both jobs?

Hibernian32
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Could he not take both teams? That would be the only way round compo

Hibernian32
07-02-2019, 03:06 PM
What if he was asked to do both jobs?
Cheers for that😂

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Cheers for that😂

:greengrin

easty
07-02-2019, 03:21 PM
A lot. Problem is, these names get banded about, and then when the board go for someone else we get the cry that its the cheap option etc.....when guys like O'Neil are not realistic targets im afraid.

:agree:

JimBHibees
07-02-2019, 04:18 PM
I thought the managers wage was paid by rich Irish benefactors.

Think that was Martin O'Neill in ROI, Michael will be benefitting from the money they made from Euros.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Think that was Martin O'Neill in ROI, Michael will be benefitting from the money they made from Euros.

I thought it was Trapatoni(sp)

JimBHibees
07-02-2019, 04:20 PM
I thought it was Trapatoni(sp)

Yep you might be right. A bit like a broken clock. :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Too good to be true

Michael loves the Hibs, so very possibly true. Big compo though. Could he do both jobs with a hands on assistant?

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2019, 04:28 PM
First name that has my interest

Me too. At last a name with the credentials to manage our great Club:not worth

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Yep you might be right. A bit like a broken clock. :greengrin

Hmmm 😂

Hibees1973
07-02-2019, 06:48 PM
No chance of this happening.

Haven’t you noticed that all the guys nemtioned for the job are not in work i.e. Hibs would not have to pay compensation to the current employer.

Dempster and Petrie are still cooling their hands after getting them burnt when paying compensation to Lennon and Parker.

The set us back over half a million pounds.....ouch.

Dempster should have left Lennon to do his job and we would not be in this bloody mess.

Golden Bear
07-02-2019, 06:53 PM

Haven’t you noticed that all the guys nemtioned for the job are not in work i.e. Hibs would not have to pay compensation to the current employer.

Dempster and Petrie are still cooling their hands after getting them burnt when paying compensation to Lennon and Parker.

Dempster should have left Lennon to do his job and we would not be in this bloody mess.

I don't know the circumstances behind his departure but I've a feeling it was a situation of his own making.

Allant1981
07-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Stopped following that ages ago - utter made up crap

Is the guy who runs that page not a poster on here?

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2019, 06:56 PM

I.missed the bit about the compensation. Where was that said?

malcolm
07-02-2019, 07:01 PM

I ‘understand’ :wink: we paid the recently departed next to nothing and as Hibs have mentioned no guys (or gals) at all the employment status of any candidate (other than ease of quick appointment given some seem to have whinged that we should have appointed in hours not days), is still pure speculation.:greengrin

Some might also say with only a modicum of positivity and an open mind, that this is a more promising mess than the one we’ve just moved from.

LaMotta
07-02-2019, 07:38 PM

A whispering campaign allegedly started by Craig Levein.....

Springbank
07-02-2019, 08:13 PM
I ‘understand’ :wink: we paid the recently departed next to nothing and as Hibs have mentioned no guys (or gals) at all the employment status of any candidate (other than ease of quick appointment given some seem to have whinged that we should have appointed in hours not days), is still pure speculation.:greengrin

Some might also say with only a modicum of positivity and an open mind, that this is a more promising mess than the one we’ve just moved from.

try "weeks"

biggest game of the season looming

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Is the guy who runs that page not a poster on here?

Think they got banned

malcolm
07-02-2019, 08:47 PM
try "weeks"

biggest game of the season looming

No still a week and a bit... sheesh this place is full of folk with sore necks from looking up the expecting the sky to fall and those ostensibly grasping with relish any opportunity to be as negative as possible about the club including alternative facts about anything and everything.:confused:

Colr
07-02-2019, 08:50 PM

No chance

green day
07-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Michael loves the Hibs, so very possibly true. Big compo though. Could he do both jobs with a hands on assistant?

I dont fancy his current International sidekick :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 08:54 PM

How much compo did we pay for Lennon?

Or Stubbs?

ancient hibee
07-02-2019, 08:56 PM
I.missed the bit about the compensation. Where was that said?

It’s what is known as a made up story.I’m taking the trouble to explain this to you as it is such a rarity on here.

hibee-boys
07-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Yeah come to Hibs Michael, we'll ask you to work full time, instead of your usual 2 days a week gig, and we'll pay you 500k less a year! Deary me.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2019, 09:00 PM
It’s what is known as a made up story.I’m taking the trouble to explain this to you as it is such a rarity on here.

😁 ah ken. I was trying to be passive-aggressive....

hibeejeebies
07-02-2019, 09:02 PM

This deserved more 😂

ancient hibee
07-02-2019, 09:03 PM
😁 ah ken. I was trying to be passive-aggressive....
Good career move.

Hibeesmad
07-02-2019, 09:07 PM
More chance of getting s*** out of a rocking horse

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 09:17 PM
More chance of getting Claudio Ranieri with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as his assistant

Time to move on

Crazyhorse
07-02-2019, 10:56 PM

I have a good pal who I always stay with when I’m up in Edinburgh. He is a close friend of Michael’s and there is no chance he would be interested while Petrie is there. The ins and outs of the reasons have been discussed many times on here.
You are right though Michael does have a strong attachment to Edinburgh and to Hibs and who knows he might end up at ER one day.

JimBHibees
08-02-2019, 06:39 AM

Why are you stating this as fact?