PDA

View Full Version : Morelos

Zazu62
07-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Rangers have appealed the red card from last night? Will the SFA bend over for them again?

Callum_62
07-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Wouldnt surprise me

He was obviously feigning injury from the kick out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JXM73
07-02-2019, 02:26 PM
His was a booking at best, it will be rescinded. Mckenna went for the **** and should get a medal.

Callum_62
07-02-2019, 02:29 PM
His was a booking at best, it will be rescinded. Mckenna went for the **** and should get a medal.

He moved his feet with a poise of a ballet dancer to stud mackenna

Its a red - but given previous incidents i suspect he will get away with ut

easty
07-02-2019, 02:30 PM
I think he deserved the red card. It might only be petulant rather than an attempt to cause serious physical harm, but he's deliberately put his studs into McKenna. How can that not be a red card offence?

HibbyAndy
07-02-2019, 02:36 PM

Funny how people see things differently

It's a 100% red card and if he gets away with this Scottish football is a ****ing laughing stock !

Sweet Left Peg
07-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Two reds, all day long. Morelos knew exactly what he was doing and tried to sneak out of it. McKenna took his medicine, sucked it up and left without a fuss. Morelos's actions were embarrassing and I think a red was deserved.

What annoyed me more, was McGregor's potential leg breaker on Ferguson. Again, he knew exactly what he was doing and made no attempt to avoid what looked like a nasty tackle.

Callum_62
07-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Two reds, all day long. Morelos knew exactly what he was doing and tried to sneak out of it. McKenna took his medicine, sucked it up and left without a fuss. Morelos's actions were embarrassing and I think a red was deserved.

What annoyed me more, was McGregor's potential leg breaker on Ferguson. Again, he knew exactly what he was doing and made no attempt to avoid what looked like a nasty tackle.

The macgregor ones needs looked at definitely

rossevenil
07-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Its either a straight red for pressing his studs into Mckenna`s crotch area (intent to injure surely?) or you give him a yellow for that and then a 2nd yellow for simulation when he made out as if he had had his face booted (hard to tell wether is has or not) to gain an advantage by getting
the Aberdeen player sent off......I guess it will end up being whatever is the lesser of 2 evils for Sevco!

HibbyAndy
07-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Everytime i see him on the TV he does these sneaky little kicks and digs in the ribs to opponents at every god given opportunity yet the minute someone brushes against him he is right in the refs puss asking for a card , He really is a ***in coward

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Everytime i see him on the TV he does these sneaky little kicks and digs in the ribs to opponents at every god given opportunity yet the minute someone brushes against him he is right in the refs puss asking for a card , He really is a ***in coward

I really *** hate McGregor and he gets away with everything.

Joe6-2
07-02-2019, 03:03 PM

It's a 100% red card and if he gets away with this Scottish football is a ****ing laughing stock !

It already is!

Aldo
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM
The macgregor ones needs looked at definitely

That was a shocking a potentially career ending challenge imho. No need to raise his foot in that manner.

Will be very surprised if any action is taken. As per his previous other actions.

.Sean.
07-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Honestly never hated an opposing player as much.

There are not many players I’d wish a sore one on but I cannot wait for the day he ends up with a leg mangled or a mashed up knee and is out for a long long time. Horrible little runt

jax67
07-02-2019, 03:17 PM

A laughing stock again.

Stevie Reid
07-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Referee got both reds right. However, he definitely didn't get the McGregor one right, that horrible **** gets away with murder time and again.

Even my Rangers supporting mate agrees that he's an animal.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2019, 04:43 PM
I reckon Sevco Will get awarded a couple of extra penalties as a result of the appeal. The referee fell well short of the unofficial 4 penalty rule.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
07-02-2019, 04:54 PM

There are not many players I’d wish a sore one on but I cannot wait for the day he ends up with a leg mangled or a mashed up knee and is out for a long long time. Horrible little runt

McGregor or Morelos?

Wull
07-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Morelos already has a face like a well skelped erse, another couple o slelps wouldny make much difference, hate the cheating hun

H18S NX
07-02-2019, 06:41 PM
McGregor is a cowardly little runt,can't wait for karma to come along.

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2019, 06:44 PM
are their any video clips flying about of the McGregor 'incident' ?

pollution
07-02-2019, 07:56 PM
There is no way the SFA will overturn his red card. He got away with it against Brown, not this time.

Morelos reminds me of the South American teams of the 1960s and 70s when violence against the opposing team was order of the day.

When he goes down he looks to see which way he should flop to the ground, and roll and roll. He stays down for as long as possible

in order to feign injury.

Alf Ramsey called them animals in the 1966 world cup. Morelos is atavism personified.

If Rangers were truly mature they would not allow his appeal.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2019, 08:06 PM

Are you serious?

brog
07-02-2019, 08:27 PM
There is no way the SFA will overturn his red card. He got away with it against Brown, not this time.

Morelos reminds me of the South American teams of the 1960s and 70s when violence against the opposing team was order of the day.

When he goes down he looks to see which way he should flop to the ground, and roll and roll. He stays down for as long as possible

in order to feign injury.

Alf Ramsey called them animals in the 1966 world cup. Morelos is atavism personified.

If Rangers were truly mature they would not allow his appeal.

100% correct, as he hit the ground he was having a sly wee look to see what was happening. I'm not even convinced McKenna made any kind of meaningful contact. Politically this red cannot be overturned.

JXM73
07-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Are you serious?

On first viewing yes...

The Modfather
07-02-2019, 08:50 PM

I assume that’s only internet talk and in real life you don’t actually feel that way. As unlikeabke as Morelos is, It’s just a game of football.

WeeRussell
07-02-2019, 08:51 PM

The other two were even clearer red cards. Don’t hold your breathe for this one to stand!

coco22
07-02-2019, 08:52 PM
McGregor is a cowardly little runt,can't wait for karma to come along.

Shocking challenge. Plus he was pissing and moaning when the same Aberdeen player left one on him minutes later!

Hermit Crab
07-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Stamping on someones Henry Halls is only a booking in your eyes? :confused:

JXM73
07-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Stamping on someones Henry Halls is only a booking in your eyes? :confused:

Do keep up

Ozyhibby
07-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Another game where New Rangers got a penalty they shouldn’t have and the opposition were denied a penalty they should have got.
Still Hibs want us to move on, so best just suck it up.

staunchhibby
07-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Morre Los is going to seriously injure a player with his sneaky reactions

WeeRussell
08-02-2019, 12:33 AM
Another game where New Rangers got a penalty they shouldn’t have and the opposition were denied a penalty they should have got.

Who would have thought even this thread could be used as a swipe at the club?!

AZhibee
08-02-2019, 02:58 AM

Agreed, you hold him I’ll kick him.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2019, 07:00 AM
On first viewing yes...

Get yourself to specsavers.

Alex Trager
08-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Hahaha. I have got to applaud your effort. Getting a dig into hibs from this thread is a truly tremendous effort. Well played

JXM73
08-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Get yourself to specsavers.

Naw, might end up a scottish referee.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Naw, might end up a scottish referee.

😁👍

Saint Hibee
08-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Horrible player. But probably the best natural goalscorer in our league.

The Spaceman
08-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Would love to see Morelos get a nasty, nasty injury. Horrible little **** who was trying to hurt McKenna there. Wish he had got a clean full-extension connection through Morelos' face there.

I'm Spartacus
08-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Defo a red car plus an additional ban for faking the sniper shot.

My favourite bit was the Rangers player saying to him "You're going off by the way" then the ref showing the red seconds later.

He should also have been booked for sliding towards the Aberdeen fans IMO.

.Sean.
08-02-2019, 02:10 PM

My favourite bit was the Rangers player saying to him "You're going off by the way" then the ref showing the red seconds later.

He does that every single time he scores, everyone else gets booked for similar.

Lendo
08-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Downgraded to a Yellow apparently. Surprise suprise.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Downgraded to a Yellow apparently. Surprise suprise.

Thought the hearing was at 5pm?

Moulin Yarns
08-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Thought the hearing was at 5pm?

Twitter is not the place to find information, these both posted within a minute of each other

Alfredo Morelos An SFA panel will meet at 6pm after Rangers yesterday submitted an appeal against the player’s red card for violent conduct against Aberdeen’s Scott McKenna on Wednesday. McKenna was also dismissed in the same incident but Aberdeen did not appeal the decision.

Morelos red reduced to yellowhttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f602.png wait tae ye see aw these clowns go off on onehttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f602.png hahahaha

FWIW the BBC also say it's at 18:00

SuperSirJMcginn
08-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Not a red for me.

BBC have a new angle and there isn't much contact. I hate the guy but hes unlucky here and is genuinely going for ball.

Its actually Similar to mallans tackle a few weeks back.

HibbySpurs
08-02-2019, 05:27 PM
I hadn’t seen it until just now and at first viewing it looks like the legs get tangled up and he’s just trying to balance.

On closer viewing though if you watch his ankle it moves over to the right as the leg would be naturally coming away from the other player and he moves his foot back to the left to keep his foot in and attempt a stamp. 100% red card.

As for the shot by a sniper routine that’s just laughable.

The sad thing for this guy is that he’s actually a very good footballer and should be looking to play at a level above the SPFL but he’s in danger of never doing so because of his attitude.

Moulin Yarns
08-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Meanwhile, mcgregor facing a ban

https://twitter.com/BBCSportsound/status/1093923982364037121?s=19

Tynie01011973
08-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Not a red for me.

BBC have a new angle and there isn't much contact. I hate the guy but hes unlucky here and is genuinely going for balls

Going for the ball? It was away before McKenna's fall!

MoreorLess definitely makes a downward motion to stamp between McKenna's legs rather than try to avoid any further contact

alhibby
08-02-2019, 07:32 PM
He's been hit with a 3 match ban

Jack Hackett
08-02-2019, 07:36 PM
He's been hit with a 3 match ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47179178

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2019, 07:50 PM
omfg @ that pathetic multi-roll p@sh(after being shot in the face), wtf is wrong with this wee troll morelos :bitchy: i wonder if the daily ranger or sun will make comments on this embarrassing bizarre behaviour from a professional football player

Ozyhibby
08-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Who would have thought even this thread could be used as a swipe at the club?!

Hahaha. I have got to applaud your effort. Getting a dig into hibs from this thread is a truly tremendous effort. Well played

If Rod is willing to turn a blind eye with the rest of his SFA chums to the SFA helping Ibrox clubs cheat then I’ll not tire of mentioning it. It’s an embarrassment that he represents our club.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:12 PM
If Rod is willing to turn a blind eye with the rest of his SFA chums to the SFA helping Ibrox clubs cheat then I’ll not tire of mentioning it. It’s an embarrassment that he represents our club.

What about when we got off big time after the final when if anyone else in charge we would have been done big time?

Rod Petrie isn’t a football man, he’s grew into a Hibernian fan though and he would never ever do anything to harm the club.

Ozyhibby
08-02-2019, 09:40 PM
What about when we got off big time after the final when if anyone else in charge we would have been done big time?

Rod Petrie isn’t a football man, he’s grew into a Hibernian fan though and he would never ever do anything to harm the club.

We didn’t get off with anything. The rules were applied.

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:52 PM
We didn’t get off with anything. The rules were applied.

And when does the actual rules usually apply to us? Certainly not since Weds.

Usually, because we ruined the huns day we would get skelped big time. This time it was actually fair for us because Rod was there.

California-Hibs
08-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Guys a fu**ing pr**k of the highest order

The 90+2
08-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Guys a fu**ing pr**k of the highest order

Aye and you’re only quoting his mum 😂👍

PatHead
08-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Not a red for me.

BBC have a new angle and there isn't much contact. I hate the guy but hes unlucky here and is genuinely going for ball.

He definitely is going for the ball but not sure if it was his left or right.

ancient hibee
08-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Could have speeded things up for Eddie May.

Swedish hibee
09-02-2019, 03:59 AM
I assume that’s only internet talk and in real life you don’t actually feel that way. As unlikeabke as Morelos is, It’s just a game of football.

Nah he means it. And I rather agree!

Bangkok Hibby
09-02-2019, 04:42 AM
Nah he means it. And I rather agree!

How very sad

Hibs07p
09-02-2019, 06:17 AM
And when does the actual rules usually apply to us? Certainly not since Weds.

Usually, because we ruined the huns day we would get skelped big time. This time it was actually fair for us because Rod was there.

Totally disagree that RP got us off with anything. The SFAs reluctance to punish Sevco meant they could hardly carry out a witch hunt on us. Scottish Police investigating from Govan was different matter though.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Morelos 3 game ban

McGregor 2 game ban

:faf:

Argylehibby
09-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Totally disagree that RP got us off with anything. The SFAs reluctance to punish Sevco meant they could hardly carry out a witch hunt on us. Scottish Police investigating from Govan was different matter though.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Not quite. We were up,in front of SFA first and our lawyers proved that there were no rules within the SFA that allowed them to punish us. As a result of that decision when Sevco turned up the next day they had no case to answer as we had already shown the SFA's charges couldn't stand

Keith_M
09-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Not a red for me.

Congratulations, you've kept up your 100% record of every post being total nonsense.

Hibs07p
09-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Not quite. We were up,in front of SFA first and our lawyers proved that there were no rules within the SFA that allowed them to punish us. As a result of that decision when Sevco turned up the next day they had no case to answer as we had already shown the SFA's charges couldn't stand

It didn't really matter who was up first, the SFA were never ever going to punish Rangers. For that reason, they could hardly punish us on our own>

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

09-02-2019, 10:07 PM
I really *** hate McGregor and he gets away with everything.

McGreagors a horrible horrible character. I'll never forget him diving to the ground, holding his face pretending that Riordan head butted him when it was perfectly clear that Riordan didn't touch him.

Horrible little rat, no wonder he's so adored at the huns.

tamig
09-02-2019, 10:59 PM
McGreagors a horrible horrible character. I'll never forget him diving to the ground, holding his face pretending that Riordan head butted him when it was perfectly clear that Riordan didn't touch him.

Horrible little rat, no wonder he's so adored at the huns.
That was the first game with the new East. I remember that incident. Nasty character.

10-02-2019, 12:17 AM
That was the first game with the new East. I remember that incident. Nasty character.

Funniest part about it was that the moment he went down, clutching his face he sprung right back up because even he realized in that moment that he had made a complete and utter arse of himself! Absolutely cringeworthy stuff.

A cheat and a coward.

Billy Whizz
10-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Clarke and Gerrard don’t seem to like each other. Let them fight it out😄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47186250

Hamish
10-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Stolen from a twitter page.

Morelos mate – it's a shirt sponsor, not a challenge #Rangers #Morelos
10:54 am · 9 Feb 2019 · TweetDeck

Jack Hackett
10-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Clarke and Gerrard don’t seem to like each other. Let them fight it out😄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47186250

Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that if an incident has been dealt with by a booking, case closed :dunno:

Hibbyradge
10-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that if an incident has been dealt with by a booking, case closed :dunno:

It seems not.

Johnson was booked against Celtc but he's been offered a 2 game ban.

Jack Hackett
10-02-2019, 02:33 PM
It seems not.

Johnson was booked against Celtc but he's been offered a 2 game ban.

Wasn't aware the Johnson had been booked, as I pretty much ignore match reports etc after a defeat.

Shouldn't this open the door to appeals against bookings if they've changed their own rules on them? Fair's fair, after all

jonty
10-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Billy Dodds complaining that's there no consistency when all sendings off have been similar.

Former Rangers striker Billy Dodds on Sportsound:
"I am not shocked Morelos has been banned, but where is the consistency? The three instances where he has been sent off this season were all very similar.
The football disciplinary world in Scotland has gone bonkers."

Can anyone put that in a context where it makes sense?

Sir David Gray
10-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Wasn't aware the Johnson had been booked, as I pretty much ignore match reports etc after a defeat.

Shouldn't this open the door to appeals against bookings if they've changed their own rules on them? Fair's fair, after all

The rules were changed a while ago to allow yellow cards to be upgraded to red cards but there's no rule allowing a yellow card to be removed except in cases of diving and mistaken identity.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Billy Dodds complaining that's there no consistency when all sendings off have been similar.

Can anyone put that in a context where it makes sense?I wonder if he's wanting the beast sent off more frequently [emoji6]

jonty
10-02-2019, 03:56 PM
I wonder if he's wanting the beast sent off more frequently [emoji6]

i don't think many opposition players would disagree with that :greengrin

Jack Hackett
10-02-2019, 08:42 PM
The rules were changed a while ago to allow yellow cards to be upgraded to red cards but there's no rule allowing a yellow card to be removed except in cases of diving and mistaken identity.

Thank you. I'm old... Forgive me :greengrin

... Hang on! Aren't you that guy who scored a goal at Hampden a couple of years back? I'm honoured you'd take the time to sort me out :not worth

:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I think Morelos has to be the most unlikable player in Scottish football just now. His sneaky kicks are a regular occurance; his cheating a disgrace. At Aberdeen he tried a deliberate stamp and then feigned a facial injury, in order to distract the ref. He is a horrible man, but he's vital to The Rangers. His disciplinary record is terrible, which, according to Follow Follow, is a Catholic conspiracy to stop Rangers winning the league :hilarious. Apparently, his behaviour at Aberdeen was never more than a yellow card, but Rangers are judged to a higher standard than every other team....