PDA

View Full Version : Hibs, St Johnstone, and Motherwell next 2 league games..

California-Hibs
07-02-2019, 12:19 AM
Gonna try and put a positive spin on things. We know we're either going to get a new manager within the next 2 days or it's almost definitely going to be next week before our league game with Hamilton.

Assuming we get the 'manager bounce' and trying to keep a little bit of perspective, as we DO have some capable players, after we play Raith and hopefully progress, we have 2 very important league games. I say this after looking it up and seeing the team above us St Johnstones next 2 games aswel as Motherwells.

I'd definitely rather be in our position than theres and if we do in fact get the bounce, the table could look much more positive than it currently does..

St Johnstone next 2 games -

Rangers away
Aberdeen home

Motherwell next 2 games -

Hearts home
Celtic away

Hibs next 2 games -

Hamilton home
Dundee away

I think we'll take 4, St Johnstone 0 and Motherwell 1. Putting us back above Well and 1 point behind St Johnstone going into the next game which will be....St Johnstone vs Hibs.

Things are grim, but progress in the cup against Raith, a new manager to at least bring some stability and leadership, and the following two league games hopefully going in our favor and we could be in a far more optimistic mood going into the St Johnstone game and maybe.... just maybe, could go into the top 6 that night.

All if buts and maybes but that's my Outlook and two pence worth..

tonyrougier123
07-02-2019, 12:36 AM
appreciate your optimism cali-hibs,if we could just find a starting eleven to grind out a few results.show us a wee bit grit and determination,just maybe we can turn it around,starting with raith on saturday.fraser Murray should be pitched in for the rest of this season also,laddie is highly thought off,put him in see if he can show guys like Gauld and mallan it's no bonny be easy to get a game.

Phil MaGlass
07-02-2019, 09:59 AM
To be honest I was hoping for an immediate impact, but now realise the club is in a bit of a state, of course May is not up to it, we suould have instantly hired a caretaker manager instead, not Mays fault, we will IMO not be strong enough in both games, if watching the last 2 games is anything to go by, were looking at 2 defeats.we should have atkeast competed with sellik what with their injury list and all.

cleanyman
07-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Both Dundee and Hamilton are picking up points

We're not getting 6 points from that

And Saints have us over a barrel

brog
07-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Both Dundee and Hamilton are picking up points

We're not getting 6 points from that

And Saints have us over a barrel

He didn't say we were going to pick up 6 points. I think you're now a major contender for Hermit's negativity crown! :wink: