PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Celtic 060219)

Jonnyboy
06-02-2019, 11:50 PM
Heading through to Glasgow I anticipated a tough match and unsurprisingly, I witnessed one. This was a Hibs team devoid of confidence, lacking in organisation and desperately in need of a new manager coming in and getting them back on the rails. Set up in a 4-4-2 formation with a narrow midfield diamond involving Milligan protecting the defence, Slivka and Mackie wide and Gauld up top played right into the hands of the hosts who mercilessly exploited the wide areas to keep Hibs more or less on the back foot for the entire ninety minutes. It has to be said that but for Rocky making a number of wonderful saves and Celtic camping on our 18 yard line but mostly failing to cash in on that, it might have been a whole lot worse than a 2-0 defeat.

After eventually finding our seats (the signage and ‘helpful’ stewards making that more difficult than it should have been) we were ‘entertained’ by the Celtic lightshow, accompanied by quite deafening music. I mean, seriously, what idiot thought that was a good thing to do? I think the brainbox that put that in place needs to stop watching the Superbowl.

From the off, Hibs were on the back foot and the midfield was being bypassed because it was far too narrow. Some may think it brave that we went 4-4-2 but with the middle four all hugging the centre of the pitch it was a recipe for disaster. The most surprising thing was that it took Celtic 25 minutes to finally secure the lead as by that time they’d either missed decent chances or, on two occasions, been denied by excellent goalkeeping from Rocky. When the goal came it was from play on the Celtic right when Mackie failed to cut out a pass and the impressive Toljan got to the by line before cutting it back to the unmarked Christie, whose shot went across Rocky and into the far corner. Shortly after that and in a rare break upfield, Kamberi picked out Milligan but with only the keeper to beat the Hibs man fired the ball miles past with his left foot.

The home side were bossing midfield with Scott Brown involved in everything, including a wild tackle on Milligan that looked as though it might be a red but Craig Thomson only booked the Celtic man. It was a minor miracle that we reached half time only a goal down but to be fair to the Hibs defenders, McGregor in particular they had done well to deny Celtic better opportunities to score. Just before the break, Oli Shaw was battered to the ground as a Celtic defender went right through him but amazingly, Thomson didn’t even award a free kick.

With McNulty on for Shaw, Hibs started the second half much like they had ended the first, on the back foot. It was frustrating to see Celtic dominate the wide areas and that Eddie May made no changes to the shape to counteract that. It meant that Slivka and Mackie were often caught trying to decide whether to go to the wide man or retain the narrow shape. Mackie in particular looked lost a lot of the time but in fairness to him it was perhaps a position he had no experience of playing in.

Just past the hour mark, Celtic doubled their lead when Burke got a shot away that Rocky looked to have covered but McGregor had tried to block the effort and that resulted in the ball looping over the top of the diving keeper. Infuriatingly, the move leading up to the goal came about after Rocky had thrown the ball out towards Mackie when David Gray was down and hurt and obviously out of position. Rocky might have just thrown the ball out of play but there is the possibility that he may not have realised Gray was down. Unable to continue, Gray was replaced by Darnell Johnson who slotted straight in at right back.

“Goal” roared the Celtic fans, convinced they were now 3-0 up when a powerful close in header looked netbound but the roars died down when Rocky pulled off a stunning instinctive save that had the Hibs fans applauding and the Celtic fans rubbing their eyes in disbelief.

Our one and only shot on goal came about fifteen minutes from the end when McNulty got between two Celtic defenders but the bouncing ball was always moving away from him and his effort sailed over the bar. Johnson is a helluva big lad and found himself up against the tricky Mikey Johnston, who had replaced Sinclair. By and large, Johnson did well enough but around ten minutes from time he was lucky not to be shown a straight red for a lunging challenge on Izaguirre who ended up being carried off. Johnson had beaten one Celtic man but his touch took the ball too far ahead of him and as Izaguirre went to intercept, Johnson caught him on the ankle. The challenge happened right in front of me and I was relieved when Craig Thomson only produced a yellow. Celtic were happy just to run the clock down now and it’s a measure of how far out of the game we were when we won our first and only corner in the 85th minute.

I’ll be honest and say I was relieved when the final whistle went because that was not a great watch. Whoever the new manager is he must quickly get the players organised into knowing their jobs. His biggest challenge though may be to instil some much needed confidence into their play as tonight everything was hesitant and lacking in commitment.

The players

Rocky – A number of excellent saves kept us in the game a lot longer than we probably deserved to be and although I felt there were another couple of players in the mix I can’t see past Rocky as my man of the match.

SDG – To me, he does not look fully fit and the fact that he went off injured again tonight has me worrying whether we’ll ever witness his swashbuckling runs down the right again.

Daz – The big fella was really unlucky when the ball came off his attempted block for the second goal. In general I thought he was the best I’ve seen him for a while and pushed Rocky close for my man of the match award.

Paul – Another, strangely subdued performance from Paul tonight. He defended relatively well but his distribution was, at times, shocking and that’s not like him at all.

Lewis – No doubt I’ll be accused of bias in Lewis’ favour again but when he plays like he did tonight he deserves the praise. It was noticeable to me that the vast majority of threatening play from Celtic came down their left where SDG struggled with the quick feet of Scott Sinclair.

Mark – Deployed as the holding midfielder I thought he did ok, sometimes and at other times I thought he was pretty poor. I just can’t decide whether I want him as a regular starter or not.

Slivka – Wasted out wide. If I say it often enough somebody might see it and play him in the middle where he is far more effective. Obviously, I jest about someone seeing it.

Sean – Looked lost a lot of the time and his attempted interception for the first goal was poor. I’m of the view that if we played a flat middle four, Sean in front of Lewis would offer so much more as he has the talent.

Ryan – Started the game well enough and picked out a few decent passes but as time wore on he slowly but surely disappeared.

Oli – Isolated a lot of the time and had to keep dropping deeper and deeper in an effort to get any time on the ball. I had thought maybe he should be replaced at half time at the expense of another midfielder, to strengthen our presence there, but his injury resulted in him being replaced anyway, by Mark McNulty.

Flo – Like Oli he was often isolated but I felt he worked very hard on meagre scraps and his pass for the first half Milligan chance was excellent.

McNulty – Got the whole of the second half but was just as isolated as the player he replaced. Having said that he showed a great appetite to get involved and enjoyed the dubious pleasure of striking the only real Hibs effort on goal all night.

Stevie – Replaced Gauld and within five minutes of coming on he’d been hacked down twice without the consolation of a free kick. In truth we needed someone in there to mix it with Brown and that someone is not Stevie Mallan.

Darnell – As I said earlier he’s a big lad but mobile with it. His debut could have been memorable for all the wrong reasons as his lunge on Izaguirre although not intentional, could easily have seen him dismissed.

Eddie – I know you don’t want the job Eddie and like you, I’ll be glad when the new guy arrives.

Craig Thomson – I felt he was overly lenient on a number of occasions, Brown and Johnson in particular.

The fans – The atmosphere amongst our support was very odd tonight. At one point there seemed to be a skirmish amongst our own fans, I think as a direct result of a few trying to start a “One Neil Lennon” chant. Also, fans spending more time shouting obscenities at Celtic fans rather than watching the game. Two from that latter group were ejected from the stadium.

Hibeesmad
06-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Everything spot on. I feel as if Shaw has all the right qualities to be a great striker but he needs to gain a bit of muscle and become stronger to battle. I remember one occasion tonight he lost a battle on the edge of the box which could easily have cost a goal.

Can’t wait for the new manager to come in so we can move forward

Hulk1875
07-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Everything spot on. I feel as if Shaw has all the right qualities to be a great striker but he needs to gain a bit of muscle and become stronger to battle. I remember one occasion tonight he lost a battle on the edge of the box which could easily have cost a goal.

Can’t wait for the new manager to come in so we can move forward

Even watching tonight’s game shaw over mclaren any day the laddie isn’t scared of getting involved

bigwheel
07-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Heading through to Glasgow I anticipated a tough match and unsurprisingly, I witnessed one. This was a Hibs team devoid of confidence, lacking in organisation and desperately in need of a new manager coming in and getting them back on the rails. Set up in a 4-4-2 formation with a narrow midfield diamond involving Milligan protecting the defence, Slivka and Mackie wide and Gauld up top played right into the hands of the hosts who mercilessly exploited the wide areas to keep Hibs more or less on the back foot for the entire ninety minutes. It has to be said that but for Rocky making a number of wonderful saves and Celtic camping on our 18 yard line but mostly failing to cash in on that, it might have been a whole lot worse than a 2-0 defeat.

After eventually finding our seats (the signage and ‘helpful’ stewards making that more difficult than it should have been) we were ‘entertained’ by the Celtic lightshow, accompanied by quite deafening music. I mean, seriously, what idiot thought that was a good thing to do? I think the brainbox that put that in place needs to stop watching the Superbowl.

From the off, Hibs were on the back foot and the midfield was being bypassed because it was far too narrow. Some may think it brave that we went 4-4-2 but with the middle four all hugging the centre of the pitch it was a recipe for disaster. The most surprising thing was that it took Celtic 25 minutes to finally secure the lead as by that time they’d either missed decent chances or, on two occasions, been denied by excellent goalkeeping from Rocky. When the goal came it was from play on the Celtic right when Mackie failed to cut out a pass and the impressive Toljan got to the by line before cutting it back to the unmarked Christie, whose shot went across Rocky and into the far corner. Shortly after that and in a rare break upfield, Kamberi picked out Milligan but with only the keeper to beat the Hibs man fired the ball miles past with his left foot.

The home side were bossing midfield with Scott Brown involved in everything, including a wild tackle on Milligan that looked as though it might be a red but Craig Thomson only booked the Celtic man. It was a minor miracle that we reached half time only a goal down but to be fair to the Hibs defenders, McGregor in particular they had done well to deny Celtic better opportunities to score. Just before the break, Oli Shaw was battered to the ground as a Celtic defender went right through him but amazingly, Thomson didn’t even award a free kick.

With McNulty on for Shaw, Hibs started the second half much like they had ended the first, on the back foot. It was frustrating to see Celtic dominate the wide areas and that Eddie May made no changes to the shape to counteract that. It meant that Slivka and Mackie were often caught trying to decide whether to go to the wide man or retain the narrow shape. Mackie in particular looked lost a lot of the time but in fairness to him it was perhaps a position he had no experience of playing in.

Just past the hour mark, Celtic doubled their lead when Burke got a shot away that Rocky looked to have covered but McGregor had tried to block the effort and that resulted in the ball looping over the top of the diving keeper. Infuriatingly, the move leading up to the goal came about after Rocky had thrown the ball out towards Mackie when David Gray was down and hurt and obviously out of position. Rocky might have just thrown the ball out of play but there is the possibility that he may not have realised Gray was down. Unable to continue, Gray was replaced by Darnell Johnson who slotted straight in at right back.

“Goal” roared the Celtic fans, convinced they were now 3-0 up when a powerful close in header looked netbound but the roars died down when Rocky pulled off a stunning instinctive save that had the Hibs fans applauding and the Celtic fans rubbing their eyes in disbelief.

Our one and only shot on goal came about fifteen minutes from the end when McNulty got between two Celtic defenders but the bouncing ball was always moving away from him and his effort sailed over the bar. Johnson is a helluva big lad and found himself up against the tricky Mikey Johnston, who had replaced Sinclair. By and large, Johnson did well enough but around ten minutes from time he was lucky not to be shown a straight red for a lunging challenge on Izaguirre who ended up being carried off. Johnson had beaten one Celtic man but his touch took the ball too far ahead of him and as Izaguirre went to intercept, Johnson caught him on the ankle. The challenge happened right in front of me and I was relieved when Craig Thomson only produced a yellow. Celtic were happy just to run the clock down now and it’s a measure of how far out of the game we were when we won our first and only corner in the 85th minute.

I’ll be honest and say I was relieved when the final whistle went because that was not a great watch. Whoever the new manager is he must quickly get the players organised into knowing their jobs. His biggest challenge though may be to instil some much needed confidence into their play as tonight everything was hesitant and lacking in commitment.

The players

Rocky – A number of excellent saves kept us in the game a lot longer than we probably deserved to be and although I felt there were another couple of players in the mix I can’t see past Rocky as my man of the match.

SDG – To me, he does not look fully fit and the fact that he went off injured again tonight has me worrying whether we’ll ever witness his swashbuckling runs down the right again.

Daz – The big fella was really unlucky when the ball came off his attempted block for the second goal. In general I thought he was the best I’ve seen him for a while and pushed Rocky close for my man of the match award.

Paul – Another, strangely subdued performance from Paul tonight. He defended relatively well but his distribution was, at times, shocking and that’s not like him at all.

Lewis – No doubt I’ll be accused of bias in Lewis’ favour again but when he plays like he did tonight he deserves the praise. It was noticeable to me that the vast majority of threatening play from Celtic came down their left where SDG struggled with the quick feet of Scott Sinclair.

Mark – Deployed as the holding midfielder I thought he did ok, sometimes and at other times I thought he was pretty poor. I just can’t decide whether I want him as a regular starter or not.

Slivka – Wasted out wide. If I say it often enough somebody might see it and play him in the middle where he is far more effective. Obviously, I jest about someone seeing it.

Sean – Looked lost a lot of the time and his attempted interception for the first goal was poor. I’m of the view that if we played a flat middle four, Sean in front of Lewis would offer so much more as he has the talent.

Ryan – Started the game well enough and picked out a few decent passes but as time wore on he slowly but surely disappeared.

Oli – Isolated a lot of the time and had to keep dropping deeper and deeper in an effort to get any time on the ball. I had thought maybe he should be replaced at half time at the expense of another midfielder, to strengthen our presence there, but his injury resulted in him being replaced anyway, by Mark McNulty.

Flo – Like Oli he was often isolated but I felt he worked very hard on meagre scraps and his pass for the first half Milligan chance was excellent.

McNulty – Got the whole of the second half but was just as isolated as the player he replaced. Having said that he showed a great appetite to get involved and enjoyed the dubious pleasure of striking the only real Hibs effort on goal all night.

Stevie – Replaced Gauld and within five minutes of coming on he’d been hacked down twice without the consolation of a free kick. In truth we needed someone in there to mix it with Brown and that someone is not Stevie Mallan.

Darnell – As I said earlier he’s a big lad but mobile with it. His debut could have been memorable for all the wrong reasons as his lunge on Izaguirre although not intentional, could easily have seen him dismissed.

Eddie – I know you don’t want the job Eddie and like you, I’ll be glad when the new guy arrives.

Craig Thomson – I felt he was overly lenient on a number of occasions, Brown and Johnson in particular.

The fans – The atmosphere amongst our support was very odd tonight. At one point there seemed to be a skirmish amongst our own fans, I think as a direct result of a few trying to start a “One Neil Lennon” chant. Also, fans spending more time shouting obscenities at Celtic fans rather than watching the game. Two from that latter group were ejected from the stadium.

Great summary J..

A few things from me.

Stevenson defensively was also in my view our best man...took care of their new star Weah..and helped us the few times we got forward...one poor cross otherwise decent shift.

I actually thought Milligan was good . Rarely lost a pass. His possession stats would have been good. Also didn't look out of place with the pace of their game. A decent midfield perf for me.

Mackie had a mare , particularly first half..but as a young kid, he will be the better for it. "A learning night" for him.

The gap between midfield and our front two is the big worry. Both the Aberdeen game and this game - it must be horrible to play up front for Hibs just now. We really lack good midfield forward play and some width. Without that, Saturday could be a very hard day at the office...

Thanks again for you great summary...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
07-02-2019, 02:07 AM
Thanks for your report J.

I thought the defence with Milligan on front of them played well under lots of pressure all night.

It was unfair to play Mackie in the diamond. Poor laddie was lost. He should only have played on the left of a traditional midfield 3 or 4. Think a 4-1-4-1 would have been best tonight against a dominating Celtic side.

Kamberi looked much better tonight. He wasn't marked as tightly as he has been in recent times and enjoyed a few Kamberiesque runs but with no support from midfield.

A great through ball played by Slivka for McNulty who made a hash of it was about the only other thing of note.

Hopefully a new coach will be in place in the next few days. He will have a week to get his team organised before the next league game which is a must win

Forza Fred
07-02-2019, 04:52 AM
I thought Milligan did well too

Thought Lewis was our best outfield player, but just got the feeling that everyone was relieved at full time not to leave the field more than 2-0 down.

If we were still playing now we still would not have scored, although I thought Flo worked hard.

DetroitHibs
07-02-2019, 05:24 AM
We have a midfielder that's played in Serie A, yet we play a young left back in the middle :confused:

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Great report as usual Jonnyboy

I struggle sometimes when you call players by their Christian names but that is a minor point

I thought the guy from Genoa was the new SJM a box to box midfielder

It would be nice to see him get a run before he has to go back

Struggling to remember his Christian name or surname now. :greengrin

Greenbeard
07-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Just watched the 5mins of BBC highlights. No Hibs action at all until McNulty's woeful effort. That was it. Unless you count Shaw's head knock and Johnson's foul as Hibs highlights.

ShadesLongThrow
07-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Just watched the 5mins of BBC highlights. No Hibs action at all until McNulty's woeful effort. That was it. Unless you count Shaw's head knock and Johnson's foul as Hibs highlights.

Having watched the whole game last night, believe me, they were the sum total of Hibs “highlights”.

The Green Goblin
07-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Love reading your reports JB. Great stuff. 👍

greenlex
07-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Quite enjoyed the pre match light show and AC/DC if I’m being honest. That’s where the enjoyment halted to be fair.:greengrin

franck sauzee
07-02-2019, 12:05 PM
We have a midfielder that's played in Serie A, yet we play a young left back in the middle :confused:

I've seen a few people mention Omeonga and expecting him to play but having been at both Motherwell and Saint Mirren I'm afraid to say I can't see him offering up much for us. Just another one of about 6 midfielders we have that can't do what we really need in this team

Jonnyboy
07-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Quite enjoyed the pre match light show and AC/DC if I’m being honest. That’s where the enjoyment halted to be fair.:greengrin

Aye but you’re much younger than me :greengrin

Mango Man
07-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Good report, I probably wouldn't have Rocky as motm though as his kicking was awful!! The amount of times it went out for a thrown in or a pass straight to a Celtic player was madness, great shot stopper though, think I prefer Bogdan.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Good report, I probably wouldn't have Rocky as motm though as his kicking was awful!! The amount of times it went out for a thrown in or a pass straight to a Celtic player was madness, great shot stopper though, think I prefer Bogdan.

Yep, that annoyed me too but his string of saves tipped the balance for me ✅

Keith_M
07-02-2019, 06:26 PM

I thought I was going to go deaf!

Aim Here
07-02-2019, 06:27 PM

That's just normal service resuming. He was always awful at kicking the ball out and one of the few improvements in the team over the latter half of last season was Marciano's ability to kick the ball into play without hoofing it into touch. Seems that wasn't to last...

greenlex
07-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Aye but you’re much younger than me :greengrin
:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 10:21 PM
That's just normal service resuming. He was always awful at kicking the ball out and one of the few improvements in the team over the latter half of last season was Marciano's ability to kick the ball into play without hoofing it into touch. Seems that wasn't to last...

I remember Lenny doing his nut at Tinycastle in the last Derby of last season every time he kicked the ball out it was either out of touch or to an opponent the same last week versus the sheep :confused:

snedzuk
08-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Band or preference?

Hector Mudflap
09-02-2019, 09:25 AM
I was there , corporate in a box that is often referred to as the best seat in the house. It's a large corporation who use it.
We had a meal and drinks all waiter service in a room with nine others everyone was given the "double treble" DVD and some other little mementos.
Top notch
However what was the absolute best part was I sat next to a very well known ex Celtic and Scotland player with serious connections to Hibs in a different capacity.

When the meal was over we moved our lounge chairs forward and sat and watched the game.
This chap sat with me during the game and passed judgement on most of our players and the tactics employed by EM.

He constantly talked about what each player should be doing as the game progressed. How to combat the way Celtic attacked and how to play to their weaknesses
(there were only two in his opinion)

The most interesting points he made were

Gray is under valued and not being played to his strengths though his legs may bee on the way out rather than gone.
(most of us would agree?)

Slivka was terrible (and has been each time he's seen him) He is never looking for the pass or moving the play when he doesn't have the ball. He was not complimentary in any way and really thought he was largely to blame for the disastrous amount of possession we gave away.
Marciano is good BUT as with all keepers he gave away possession at nearly every single kick. Why he didn't roll the ball out when we had a totally non existent midfield was a total mystery and actually annoyed him.
Gauld is disappointing but in his opinion he's looking for players who aren't on his wavelength. He is also far too lightweight and so used to a different tempo that he's needing to slow his ideas down to bring others in to the game. ( He doesn't rate him , however)
Stevenson is incredibly undervalued and worth his weight in what he brings
Ambrose is only a loss as much as you want to make him out to be. We have players that can fill the roll.
We have zero width and sit back far too much , even though he knows we have Boyle missing he says we need to stretch the midfield especially against Celtic and make the opposition play longer passes. Against Celtic this is the only way to play . He goes to every single home game and from this box you have the absolute best view of the way the teams are sitting.
In his opinion Celtics weakness is the constant need to play short pass even along their own goal line and a faster more high pressing team or at least one with a little confidence can attack this way as a fair chunk of them would be unsettled. They are not used to it.

Scott brown gets his shorts from the boys section of the club store ...pretty sure that's a joke!
The disco lights were an utter waste of money.
( I thought it must be tough for our guys to stand out there and watch the huddle get lit up with the floodlights. It was like some sort of psychological warfare. Very clever but what a cost) Some think it was 2 million others more. Just for lights?

For me it was great- the man was an absolute Gent . I cant stress that enough. First class.

I am no expert and have no grasp of anything remotely tactical so to listen to someone like him was excellent .
You may not agree as it's just opinions but I thought it worth posting.

We were guff the whole night and wasted the few chances we had.

Working today - not looking forward to my home team playing Hibs...

JimBHibees
09-02-2019, 09:42 AM
I was there , corporate in a box that is often referred to as the best seat in the house. It's a large corporation who use it.
We had a meal and drinks all waiter service in a room with nine others everyone was given the "double treble" DVD and some other little mementos.
Top notch
However what was the absolute best part was I sat next to a very well known ex Celtic and Scotland player with serious connections to Hibs in a different capacity.

When the meal was over we moved our lounge chairs forward and sat and watched the game.
This chap sat with me during the game and passed judgement on most of our players and the tactics employed by EM.

He constantly talked about what each player should be doing as the game progressed. How to combat the way Celtic attacked and how to play to their weaknesses
(there were only two in his opinion)

The most interesting points he made were

Gray is under valued and not being played to his strengths though his legs may bee on the way out rather than gone.
(most of us would agree?)

Slivka was terrible (and has been each time he's seen him) He is never looking for the pass or moving the play when he doesn't have the ball. He was not complimentary in any way and really thought he was largely to blame for the disastrous amount of possession we gave away.
Marciano is good BUT as with all keepers he gave away possession at nearly every single kick. Why he didn't roll the ball out when we had a totally non existent midfield was a total mystery and actually annoyed him.
Gauld is disappointing but in his opinion he's looking for players who aren't on his wavelength. He is also far too lightweight and so used to a different tempo that he's needing to slow his ideas down to bring others in to the game. ( He doesn't rate him , however)
Stevenson is incredibly undervalued and worth his weight in what he brings
Ambrose is only a loss as much as you want to make him out to be. We have players that can fill the roll.
We have zero width and sit back far too much , even though he knows we have Boyle missing he says we need to stretch the midfield especially against Celtic and make the opposition play longer passes. Against Celtic this is the only way to play . He goes to every single home game and from this box you have the absolute best view of the way the teams are sitting.
In his opinion Celtics weakness is the constant need to play short pass even along their own goal line and a faster more high pressing team or at least one with a little confidence can attack this way as a fair chunk of them would be unsettled. They are not used to it.

Scott brown gets his shorts from the boys section of the club store ...pretty sure that's a joke!
The disco lights were an utter waste of money.
( I thought it must be tough for our guys to stand out there and watch the huddle get lit up with the floodlights. It was like some sort of psychological warfare. Very clever but what a cost) Some think it was 2 million others more. Just for lights?

For me it was great- the man was an absolute Gent . I cant stress that enough. First class.

I am no expert and have no grasp of anything remotely tactical so to listen to someone like him was excellent .
You may not agree as it's just opinions but I thought it worth posting.

We were guff the whole night and wasted the few chances we had.

Working today - not looking forward to my home team playing Hibs...

You able to say who it was?

Hiber-nation
09-02-2019, 10:39 AM
You able to say who it was?

I'll start the guessing...Jackie Mac jnr?

bigwheel
09-02-2019, 10:40 AM
I'll start the guessing...Jackie Mac jnr?

I’m going for Murdo McLeod

The Modfather
09-02-2019, 10:53 AM
I’m going for Murdo McLeod

Incidentally, I was in a bar in Berlin on a stop off coming back from the Scotland game in Slovakia last campaign. Got chatting to the owner, who was a Dortmund fan. He said Murdo McLeod was the player that changed the club and started the success they have had over the last few decades. I of course told him all about Murdo winning the Skol cup in return 😀

Hector Mudflap
09-02-2019, 11:13 AM
you may be right