PDA

View Full Version : "Expectations" .

Scotty Leither
06-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Sorry if this sounds "entitled" or unrealistic, but I really do expect Hibernian FC to muster at least one shot on target against a team in our own league over the course of 90 minutes, irrespective of who that team is.

As for our caretaker head coach's post-match comments "We can play better"...well, no **** Sherlock!

If you don't want be there Eddie, just tell our elusive leaders will you, and I'm sure they'll make do and mend with someone short-term, in the manner of the patchwork team of loanees that we're being force fed with just now.

Aim Here
06-02-2019, 11:28 PM
Be fair. Everybody knows that Eddie doesn't want to be in this position and he's not only told his bosses, but everyone else. However, he's the guy that Hibs have to make do with, and he's doing what has to be done until Hibs can actually hire someone (it's a major appointment and takes some amount of time).

Do you know of anyone else already on Hibs' payroll who could do the job better? Feel free to enlighten us.

DetroitHibs
06-02-2019, 11:54 PM
The team he sent out, half of them were defender's. Didn't really expect much when I saw that lineup.

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Be fair. Everybody knows that Eddie doesn't want to be in this position and he's not only told his bosses, but everyone else. However, he's the guy that Hibs have to make do with, and he's doing what has to be done until Hibs can actually hire someone (it's a major appointment and takes some amount of time).

Do you know of anyone else already on Hibs' payroll who could do the job better? Feel free to enlighten us.

The guy Grant Murray has managed at senior level before. I would also hope he would put out a more attacking line-up than May has done in the last two games and maybe adopt a demeanour that's a bit more positive than "I'm just keeping the seat warm for the new guy".

Would you care to enlighten us as to whether us serfs should expect better than 0 shots at goal?

Northernhibee
07-02-2019, 05:44 AM
Do you want to work at Hibernian cause that’s what they expect?

HibeeHibernian4
07-02-2019, 05:54 AM
The guy Grant Murray has managed at senior level before. I would also hope he would put out a more attacking line-up than May has done in the last two games and maybe adopt a demeanour that's a bit more positive than "I'm just keeping the seat warm for the new guy".

Would you care to enlighten us as to whether us serfs should expect better than 0 shots at goal?

Was the line-up that defensive last night?

bigwheel
07-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Was the line-up that defensive last night?

No it wasn't ..and we didn't go there to defend....we played a forward going diamond..didn't shut up shop. Unfortunately, we just don't have enough about us to cause a team of Celtics quality problems at the moment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wakeyhibee
07-02-2019, 06:27 AM
I don't have any left this season. The odd bonus of a win would be nice.

Given the situation I don't think that's unrealistic.

matty_f
07-02-2019, 06:36 AM

What's with the "us serfs" comment?

That's quite a low opinion up hold of yourself and your fellow fans.

superfurryhibby
07-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Have you ever said anything positive about Hibs?

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Have you ever said anything positive about Hibs?

Yes...if you care to trawl through any posts I have, frequently.

I want what's best for the club - I just take issue with Hibs basically writing off games until our laborious process of appointing a new manager - which oddly enough mirrors our equally protracted methods of signing {or at the moment borrowing other teams' players} so that we field patchwork line-ups to basically limp to the end of the season, and it's happening again on this Board's watch.

So i'll call them out as I see fit. You don't like it? Fine -post another opinion, this is a forum for that purpose, after all.

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 08:25 AM
What's with the "us serfs" comment?

That's quite a low opinion up hold of yourself and your fellow fans.

The radio silence from Easter Road to the fans presupposes that opinion, Matty.

green day
07-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Blether

matty_f
07-02-2019, 09:40 AM

It's not Game of Thrones, mate. :aok:

H18S NX
07-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Not only 0 shots at goal,our one and only corner went straight to a Celtic player,come on.

Scotty Leither
07-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Blether

...agreed. Something our Board might want to engage the fans in, other than just asking us to buy season tickets.

As someone once said, "it's good to talk".

eastcoasthibby
07-02-2019, 01:07 PM
I realise Eddie May doesnt want.to be doing what he is doing, but I am not happy that he has so openly displayed his position in not even wanting to be looking after things temporarily, I dont think its given any glimpse of a profession way of supporting the club at a time when it drastically needed its management team and staff to stick together and work harder to provide a levwl.of confidence that they were pulling/working together. Really disappointed in him its not what I expected of him at all under the circumstances.

Keith_M
07-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Not sure about May's part in any of it but the performance of many of our players, particularly when trying to pass the ball to a team-mate, was quite deplorable last night.

I'm amazed we only lost 2-0.

ian cruise
07-02-2019, 01:31 PM
...agreed. Something our Board might want to engage the fans in, other than just asking us to buy season tickets.

As someone once said, "it's good to talk".

What would you like them to say that we don't already know?

ancient hibee
07-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Not sure about May's part in any of it but the performance of many of our players, particularly when trying to pass the ball to a team-mate, was quite deplorable last night.

I'm amazed we only lost 2-0.
Eddie May postponing a vasectomy should not have lead to to a number of players not having the balls to compete.