PDA

View Full Version : Where is Agyepong ?

eastcoasthibby
06-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Whats happening with this guy, I watched him get a real decent workout before the game at St Mirren the other week, he looked fine although knackered ! On seeing this I assumed he was almost there and to start seeing him on the bench in next game or so butno sign at all of him...so whats the story anyone know ? Cos we need his pace and influence !!

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:36 PM
We should have terminated his loan in December

A total waste of a signing

beensaidbefore
06-02-2019, 09:38 PM
How many times has he played? Total minutes can't add up to much for the wages really.

hibee-boys
06-02-2019, 09:42 PM
Should have got rid of him ages ago. I cannot believe we got to the end of the transfer window without bringing in another wide player, someone obviously thought we needed another 3 central midfielders, 4 if the Allan deal had been agreed. Totally baffling!

S4uzee
06-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Drove away from the ground at 2:30 on Saturday ...

Diclonius
06-02-2019, 09:47 PM
A complete waste of time and money.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2019, 09:54 PM
We should have terminated his loan in December

A total waste of a signingThis..should have been sent packing back to Manchester...total empty jersey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
06-02-2019, 10:13 PM
How much does he earn from hibs? I've no idea. Maybe his wages are already covered.
Wish him well in his recovery and hope he has a positive influence on the rest of our season.

HTD1875
06-02-2019, 10:15 PM
193 minutes of league football.

Plus half an hour against aberdeen when he missed the all important penalty.

Baffles me that we never brought in a wide player in January, teams crying out for a bit of pace/width.

The Leith Dutch
06-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Should have got rid of him ages ago.

Depends on how the loan deal is structured.
I'd suspect that we don't have that option or we would have moved him on.

someone obviously thought we needed another 3 central midfielders, 4 if the Allan deal had been agreed. Totally baffling!

I think this bit makes absolutely perfect sense:

Allan, Gauld and Hyndman are attacking midfielders.
We clearly want Allan in for that role.
Hyndman was a 6 month stop gap and he left. We replaced him with Gauld who I suspect will go the same way (6 month loan and then back to his club). Not against keeping Gauld btw but I suspect he'll either not perform and we won't want to keep him or he will perform to his abilities and we'll be priced out.

Upshot: we have one good attacking midfielder available from that bit of transfer business:
Hyndman for the 2018 part of the season; Gauld till the end of this season; Allan for the start of next season;
Decent planning and execution with perhaps disappointing performances overall from Hyndman and Gauld (so far).

Omeonga and Bigirimana are Centre midfielders which we clearly needed.
A major part of our problems this season stem from not having a decent Centre midfield pairing to control that part of the pitch.
It protects your defence, allows your attacking midfield players to go forward and avoids the strikers dropping too deep.

Before we signed them we had some options that weren't working well either individually, as a pairing or both.
I think one or two Centre midfielders was a top priority for this window.

Not disagreeing that a replacement winger would have been nice nor that Agyepong hasn't worked out by the way - just that the 4 pieces of midfield business make a great deal of sense at least on paper. Here's hoping they perform on the pitch.

jacomo
06-02-2019, 10:33 PM
^ :agree:

Horgan is a winger imo and should be told to play wide.

But the balance has been all wrong in the middle and definitely needed something else in there.

J-C
06-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Depends on how the loan deal is structured.
I'd suspect that we don't have that option or we would have moved him on.

I think this bit makes absolutely perfect sense:

Allan, Gauld and Hyndman are attacking midfielders.
We clearly want Allan in for that role.
Hyndman was a 6 month stop gap and he left. We replaced him with Gauld who I suspect will go the same way (6 month loan and then back to his club). Not against keeping Gauld btw but I suspect he'll either not perform and we won't want to keep him or he will perform to his abilities and we'll be priced out.

Upshot: we have one good attacking midfielder available from that bit of transfer business:
Hyndman for the 2018 part of the season; Gauld till the end of this season; Allan for the start of next season;
Decent planning and execution with perhaps disappointing performances overall from Hyndman and Gauld (so far).

Omeonga and Bigirimana are Centre midfielders which we clearly needed.
A major part of our problems this season stem from not having a decent Centre midfield pairing to control that part of the pitch.
It protects your defence, allows your attacking midfield players to go forward and avoids the strikers dropping too deep.

Before we signed them we had some options that weren't working well either individually, as a pairing or both.
I think one or two Centre midfielders was a top priority for this window.

Not disagreeing that a replacement winger would have been nice nor that Agyepong hasn't worked out by the way - just that the 4 pieces of midfield business make a great deal of sense at least on paper. Here's hoping they perform on the pitch.

Why are these two not getting game time then, should've had them in tonight and see what they are all about.

The 90+2
06-02-2019, 10:42 PM
We got offered Barker after hearts turned him down then tried the same with Tam based on nothing.

CMurdoch
06-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Drove away from the ground at 2:30 on Saturday ...

Says who?

The Leith Dutch
06-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Why are these two not getting game time then, should've had them in tonight and see what they are all about.

So just to be clear - I'm not arguing we signed the right players....just those positions needed signing ;)

I agree they should have been in tonight (I'd definitely have had Bigirimana in based on his cameo against Aberdeen).
Omeonga's lack of appearances are more worrying as I'm fairly convinced we didn't sign him to be a squad player so worried something is up there.

Might just be that May clearly is doing this caretaker stuff under duress. He seems to know he doesn't have the chops for it.

J-C
06-02-2019, 10:48 PM
So just to be clear - I'm not arguing we signed the right players....just those positions needed signing ;)

I agree they should have been in tonight (I'd definitely have had Bigirimana in based on his cameo against Aberdeen).
Omeonga's lack of appearances are more worrying as I'm fairly convinced we didn't sign him to be a squad player so worried something is up there.

Might just be that May clearly is doing this caretaker stuff under duress. He seems to know he doesn't have the chops for it.

Looks like May is playing the players he already knows from the squad, playing it safe so to speak.

DavidDavidGray
06-02-2019, 10:49 PM
He’s looked good when he’s played. Not a clue why he isn’t in the squad if he’s fit. Baffling.

The Leith Dutch
06-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Looks like May is playing the players he already knows from the squad, playing it safe so to speak.

That's where my head's at with him too.
Pick players he knows and play a safe, unadventurous formation.

Even the Shaw substitution against the sheep smacked of the conservative option.

(Not judging him for this - looks like he's keen to not be in that seat any longer than necessary)

OsloHibs
07-02-2019, 03:02 AM
I thought he'd left in the transfer window!

delbert
07-02-2019, 03:53 PM
I thought he'd left in the transfer window!

How the **** would we have noticed ?

Keith_M
07-02-2019, 06:15 PM
A complete waste of time and money.

A complete waste of a song.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 06:49 PM
He’s meant to be back for Saturday.