PDA

View Full Version : Now that our league season is over

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Its time to concentrate on the cup.

Saturday is not a gimme and we need to win this to keep our season alive

We are not too far off 6th place points wise but we are a million miles away in regards to ability

SChibs
06-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Being negative is far too draining for me. If we get beat by st Johnstone then the season is over bar the cup but not til then. We could get a new manager lift because I believe we have good players but for some reason they don't seem to be performing

Allant1981
06-02-2019, 08:43 PM

We are not too far off 6th place points wise but we are a million miles away in regards to ability

Could have put money on you being the poster who started this

K.Marx
06-02-2019, 08:43 PM
5 points behind 6th with a much better goal difference and 8 games to play. We’re crap at the moment but hardly season over.

danhibees1875
06-02-2019, 08:44 PM
A new manager boost to see wins over Raith, Hamilton, Dundee, and St Johnston doesn't seem too unreasonable an ask... :dunno:

tamig
Being negative is far too draining for me. If we get beat by st Johnstone then the season is over bar the cup but not til then. We could get a new manager lift because I believe we have good players but for some reason they don't seem to be performing

Absolutely. Could be exciting times just around the corner. I don’t get the pessimism that some on here seem to thrive on.

OsloHibs
Bet your fun to be around.

cleanyman
5 points behind 6th with a much better goal difference and 8 games to play. We’re crap at the moment but hardly season over.

That's what I'm saying

We still have the cup

superfurryhibby
06-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Why even bother with the cup? Let’s just give Raith a bye right now, it would save the trouble of reading the the usual ***** from you.

S4uzee
06-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Do we want to be top 6 and get beat from rangers Hearts and Celtic ......

Daydreamer
06-02-2019, 08:46 PM
A new manager boost to see wins over Raith, Hamilton, Dundee, and St Johnston doesn't seem too unreasonable an ask... :dunno:

Exactly, far but over. Win next two and things will be looking up. I still want Stubbs!!

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Is that the only choice we get?

cleanyman

People can can me negative all they like but the writing is on the wall. We are total mince and are a stick on for bottom 6.

We have the cup to play for and hopefully a 7th place finish

Looking forward to next season

K.Marx
That's what I'm saying

We still have the cup

Yawn.

S4uzee
06-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Is that the only choice we get?

So you’d take beating Killie and Aberdeen to lose those games 🤔

ddoc
06-02-2019, 08:48 PM

Yes, for the gate money if nothing else.

thebausburst
06-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Agree 100% league over for us, no realistic chance of a Euro slot and top 6 pretty unlikely so Cup it is.

easty
06-02-2019, 08:49 PM
People can can me negative all they like but the writing is on the wall. We are total mince and are a stick on for bottom 6.

You’re negative

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Why is top 6 unlikely?

We are 1pt off 7th and 5pts off 6th.

Our next 2 games
Hamilton H
Dundee A

Motherwell next 2
Hearts H
Celtic A

St Johnstone next 2
Rangers A
Aberdeen H

Every chance we could be right in the mix after these 2 games if the new manager can get a reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricla
06-02-2019, 08:54 PM

:loser:

King Cosell
06-02-2019, 08:56 PM
If we beat Hamilton and Rangers beat St Johnstone, a win at Dens the following Friday will put us back in the top six.

tamig
06-02-2019, 08:58 PM

I sometimes wonder if you type all your stuff with a big smile on your face just knowing the type of responses you’re going to provoke. I don’t believe your posts are serious.

Pete
06-02-2019, 08:59 PM

You seem to hold Hearts in awful high regard. 🤔

*cue the ‘but we lost to them recently’ type of reply*

allmodcons
06-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Why is top 6 unlikely?

Our next 2 games
Hamilton H
Dundee A

Motherwell next 2
Hearts H
Celtic A

St Johnstone next 2
Rangers A
Aberdeen H

Every chance we could be right in the mix after these 2 games if the new manager can get a reaction.

You're correct. We're no worse off than we were before kick off tonight.

We are never going to make top 4 but our target has to be top 6.

Diclonius
06-02-2019, 09:01 PM
They're back everybody!

lyonhibs
06-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Win the next 2 and it's back on. Far from inconceivable down here on Terra Firma.

calumhibee1
06-02-2019, 09:06 PM
You're correct. We're no worse off than we were before kick off tonight.

We are never going to make top 4 but our target has to be top 6.

We are a game worse off and they’re running out. But then we wouldn’t have expected a win tonight so in a way we’ve came through relatively unscathed.

I do think it’s a big ask though to make up the gap.

allmodcons
06-02-2019, 09:07 PM

What a contradiction. Surely if "we are total mince" we have nothing to play for?

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:07 PM
What a contradiction. Surely if "we are total mince" we have nothing to play for?

Anything can happen in the cup

allmodcons
06-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Anything can happen in the cup

Bull****, a team that's "total mince" won't win anything.

S4uzee
06-02-2019, 09:09 PM
You seem to hold Hearts in awful high regard. 🤔

*cue the ‘but we lost to them recently’ type of reply*

Which we did? Also not scored against them this season and how many goals have we even scored at Tynecastle in the last 10 games

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Bull****, a team that's "total mince" won't win anything.

Have to be in it to win it

tonyrougier123
06-02-2019, 09:11 PM
I sometimes wonder if you type all your stuff with a big smile on your face just knowing the type of responses you’re going to provoke. I don’t believe your posts are serious.
I wonder if you just troll every post just to have a pop at some folk? leave the op alone.you don't agree fine.they make a valid point.

JimboHibs
06-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Why is top 6 unlikely?

Our next 2 games
Hamilton H
Dundee A

Motherwell next 2
Hearts H
Celtic A

St Johnstone next 2
Rangers A
Aberdeen H

Are you trolling ? Your allowed to admit were utter ***** its being honest.

Pete
06-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Which we did? Also not scored against them this season and how many goals have we even scored at Tynecastle in the last 10 games

😂

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Are you trolling ? Your allowed to admit were utter ***** its being honest.

Players are better than tonight. 2-0 defeat at parkhead is nothing to be ashamed of. We’re missing some leadership at the minute. And I’m trolling for looking at the next 2 games objectively??? Behave.

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Players are better than tonight. 2-0 defeat at parkhead is nothing to be ashamed of. We’re missing some leadership at the minute. And I’m trolling for looking at the next 2 games objectively??? Behave.

So we keep hearing Callum

We've had one good win all season

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 09:17 PM
So we keep hearing Callum

We've had one good win all season

Which one was that? 3-0 v Motherwell, 6-0 v Hamilton, 2-0 v Celtic, 3-2 v Killie?

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Which one was that? 3-0 v Motherwell, 6-0 v Hamilton, 2-0 v Celtic, 3-2 v Killie?

Celtic

I wouldn't class the rest as good wins

The fact you're mentioning a narrow win against Killie and an opening day win over Motherwell on the opening day of the season with SJM is borderline depressing

JimboHibs
06-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Give it up ashamed lol Celtic didnt get out of 1st gear,we couldnt muster a shot on target and your positive from tonight is its no shame to lose at Parkhead.
Your 100% trolling.

Gordy M
06-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Dont bite mate, you made a good point about the games to come in the next few weeks. I agree with you. Probably wont see a few posters if we do win them:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 09:23 PM
Give it up ashamed lol Celtic didnt get out of 1st gear,we couldnt muster a shot on target and your positive from tonight is its no shame to lose at Parkhead.
Your 100% trolling.

Please don’t twist what I said. I never said that was a positive. I’m just not gonna judge our season on a trip to parkhead. We have a new manager coming in, he could we get a reaction from this group of players.

CMurdoch
06-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Why is top 6 unlikely?

Our next 2 games
Hamilton H
Dundee A

Motherwell next 2
Hearts H
Celtic A

St Johnstone next 2
Rangers A
Aberdeen H

Tonight's results have brought us right back into the fight for the top 6.
6 points in our next 2 games is totally realistic with a new manager bounce.
St Johnstone and Motherwell will be lucky to get a point each.
That will see us 6th place on goal difference with 6 games to go.
Common the Hibees :flag:

mcfly
06-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Utter rubbish

We never lost any ground tonight still plenty to play for

Players are playing for their careers at hibs when the new boss comes in. Performances and results will improve.

Try and stay positive

Hibbyradge
:troll:

JimboHibs
Please don’t twist what I said. I never said that was a positive. I’m just not gonna judge our season on a trip to parkhead. We have a new manager coming in, he could we get a reaction from this group of players.

Ok forget about tonight,So how's the season been for you ?

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Not particularly great but I still think we’ve got enough to get into the top 6.

Hiber-nation
06-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Your 100% trolling.

You should really look up the meaning of trolling.

FitbaFolkKen
06-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Why are you giving someone a hard time for having a positive outlook while you choose to wallow in misery? He has a different opinion you don’t need to beat it out of him so he is miserable too.

matty_f
06-02-2019, 09:32 PM
"look at me" type thread, imho.

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2019, 09:38 PM
Why are you giving someone a hard time for having a positive outlook while you choose to wallow in misery? He has a different opinion you don’t need to beat it out of him so he is miserable too.

[emoji108]

FranckSuzy
06-02-2019, 09:41 PM
The good thing about a thread like this is that it reassures me certain posters are still alive and kicking. Usual urine/suspects.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Celtic haven't dropped a single point at home all season...IMO we were never getting anything tonight barring a miracle. We've escaped relatively unscathed...so hopefully the new Head Coach is in place for the next league match and we can win our next 3...that will then give us a fighting chance of top 6. But we deffo need to win the next 3 imo to have a shout

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
06-02-2019, 10:03 PM
"look at me" type thread, imho.

Never let the truth spoil a good story "type thread" imho.

matty_f
06-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Never let the truth spoil a good story "type thread" imho.

Good one.

Ringothedog
06-02-2019, 10:33 PM
The good thing about a thread like this is that it reassures me certain posters are still alive and kicking. Usual urine/suspects.

👍😂

tamig
07-02-2019, 07:18 AM
I wonder if you just troll every post just to have a pop at some folk? leave the op alone.you don't agree fine.they make a valid point.

Just take a look at some of the recent nonsense from the op.

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2019, 07:28 AM

Would I? Maybe I’d want to lose all of them?

Unseen work
07-02-2019, 08:09 AM
I can’t help but think our squad is actually better than folk think but they’re so short of confidence, an identity and game plan that we just look awful.

Even last night against Celtic we got in good positions but were just nowhere near ruthless enough.

Once a new manager is in, get an identity about us and lifts confidence we will see results.

jacomo
07-02-2019, 08:13 AM

I disagree with your premise.

It’s not over til it’s over.

jacomo
07-02-2019, 08:14 AM
I can’t help but think our squad is actually better than folk think but they’re so short of confidence, an identity and game plan that we just look awful.

Even last night against Celtic we got in good positions but were just nowhere near ruthless enough.

Once a new manager is in, get an identity about us and lifts confidence we will see results.

:agree:

Moulin Yarns
07-02-2019, 08:19 AM

I'm sure there are 39 points still to play for in the league it is anything but over.

BILLYHIBS
07-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I'm sure there are 39 points still to play for in the league it is anything but over.

Agree and teams usually get a lift from a new Manager as everyone starts with a clean slate so we have a honeymoon period to look forward to.....hopefully.

Steven79
07-02-2019, 08:37 AM
It's far from over!

We have two very winnable games in Raith then Hamilton and coupled with a new manager bounce we can hopefully take that into the two away games that follow.

If we manage to beat Hamilton & Saints and get at least a point at Dens then it's very much game on.

Ask the players who they would rather play after the split, St Mirren & Dundee at home or Celtic & Hearts??? It's time for them to give something back to the fans as we all know that they can do better.

The 90+2
07-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Thankfully St Johnstone’s loss last night still gives us hope. Still very little to play for except the cup and the amazing achievement of finishing sixth.

07-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Thankfully St Johnstone’s loss last night still gives us hope. Still very little to play for except the cup and the amazing achievement of finishing sixth.

Agreed that the opportunity to finish sixth is still there but a huge improvement in on field performance will be required to achieve it and sadly at the moment I can’t see where that will come from! Can’t rely on new manager bounce I am afraid. It doesn’t always work. Sincerely hope something works to turn around our current performances.

G B Young
07-02-2019, 10:24 AM
I think the OP isn't far wrong to say the league season is all but over. Yes, we might get a new boss bounce but confidence seems so low at present that I worry we could lose to Raith on Saturday.

We got relegated with 35 points in 2014 and while it's surely all but impossible for Dundee and St Mirren to catch us this season, I think the main thing to focus on just now is steadying the ship and regaining a bit of confidence. We've hit a major pothole and the damage is going to take a while to repair. No need to set ourselves 'must win' targets. Let's just do our best to keep progressing in the cup and see if that can spark a wee lift in our league form.