PDA

View Full Version : Michael Appleton

The 90+2
06-02-2019, 07:20 PM
At the match tonight. Guest of the club.

From a Celtic player but he’s there.

Lago
06-02-2019, 07:22 PM

You get the info😉

CMurdoch
06-02-2019, 07:27 PM

Hope he doesn't get a restricted view seat!

Northernhibee
06-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Will hopefully give the team extra impetus to play out of their skins.

jacomo
06-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Wtf have u started a new thread?!

Infuriating.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Next manager then?

SquashedFrogg
06-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Would be brilliant if all the potentially rumoured new managers were there. All sitting in a row alongside each other 😂

hibsbollah
06-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Wasn't he in All Saints?

Pretty Boy
06-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Would be brilliant if all the potentially rumoured new managers were there. All sitting in a row alongside each other 😂

Half time Royal Rumble.

Winner doesn't have to take the job.

SquashedFrogg
06-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Half time Royal Rumble.

Winner doesn't have to take the job.

Genius plan.

CropleyWasGod

It's the final aptitude test. As each throws a wobbly at the ref/The players/the Board, they get flung out.

Last man sitting....

silverhibee

And Lennon sitting behind as a guest of Celtc.

SquashedFrogg
06-02-2019, 07:37 PM
And Lennon sitting behind as a guest of Celtc.

And John McGinn on the pitch doing the half time draw

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2019, 07:40 PM
And John McGinn on the pitch doing the half time draw

Followed by Scott Allan mud wrestling with Peter Lawell.

I took that too far....

green day
06-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Gordon Smith (I think it was) on Sportsound thinks Hibs should go for a manager that knows scottish football.

Thanks Gordon, thanks for that utter gem of pishness.

Heisenberg
06-02-2019, 07:41 PM
BBC saying we won’t have anyone in before Saturday and there’s currently no preferred candidate.

Wheat Hound
06-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Gordon Smith (I think it was) on Sportsound thinks Hibs should go for a manager that knows scottish football.

I think the same should apply to pundits so therefore he can certainly GTF

Springbank
06-02-2019, 07:44 PM
BBC saying we won’t have anyone in before Saturday and there’s currently no preferred candidate.

^^ this ... is unforgivable in my opinion

The Scottish Cup tie should be the biggest game of the season and we have no manager for it.

A very black mark against the board and the recruitment team, who will have to answer at the agm.

hibsbollah
06-02-2019, 07:46 PM

The Scottish Cup tie should be the biggest game of the season and we have no manager for it.

A very black mark against the board and the recruitment team, who will have to answer at the agm.

A 'very' black mark? Isn't a black mark just black, or not?
Unless it's just very very very very very dark blue.

HibbyKeith
06-02-2019, 07:47 PM

George Craig said on Saturday that there was a fairly good chance Eddie May would see us through the cup tie giving them a full week to get someone in.

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2019, 07:48 PM

It's in pencil, pending corroboration of the BBC report.

CapitalGreen

If this were true there is no way the press wouldn’t have picked it up yet.

Is It On....

That is a genius statement - bet Killie fans are glad they didn't take that advice when appointing Steve Clarke. And can't remember him spouting that sort of cr#p when Stevie Geee was appointed manager of The Rangers 2012.

Joe6-2
06-02-2019, 07:49 PM

Wouldn't take too much notice of the BBC, like the press, Sky and the like who are only interested the OF

SquashedFrogg
06-02-2019, 07:50 PM

Really hoping this isn't a serious comment.

Niffy
06-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Wasn't he in All Saints?

I got that. I giggled a wee bit.

Beefster
06-02-2019, 07:53 PM

You obviously haven’t heard about vantablack. Prepare for your mind to be blown.

JimBHibees
06-02-2019, 07:54 PM
If this were true there is no way the press wouldn’t have picked it up yet.

Agree

Famous Fiver
06-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Is Tam McCourt on the bench?

One to keep an eye on!!!

hibsbollah
06-02-2019, 07:59 PM
You obviously haven’t heard about vantablack. Prepare for your mind to be blown.

I've just googled that. Bloody brilliant.
A Vantablack mark, reserved for war criminals. And Terry Butcher.

stantonsboots
06-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Told you👍

bingo70
06-02-2019, 08:19 PM
That is a genius statement - bet Killie fans are glad they didn't take that advice when appointing Steve Clarke. And can't remember him spouting that sort of cr#p when Stevie Geee was appointed manager of The Rangers 2012.

I think what Smith meant is that Hibs should give one of his pals a job.

Pat Bonner wasn’t any better by the way, the ‘only’ reason we’re after an English manager is because they’ll know players Scottish managers won’t have heard of.

04Sauzee
06-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Told you👍

Who's confirmed this?

Heisenberg
06-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Told you👍

So far no one else is reporting he’s at the match. I would expect the media to be all over it if he was there.

stantonsboots
06-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Who's confirmed this?

Not confirmed but if he's there as a guest of hibs I'd say that's almost certain wouldn't you?

CapitalGreen
06-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Not confirmed but if he's there as a guest of hibs I'd say that's almost certain wouldn't you?

He’s not there though, as a guest of Hibs or otherwise.

04Sauzee
06-02-2019, 08:27 PM
'IF'?
Ok so it's been confirmed he's there as a guest of Hibs. Ok I missed that

Northern Hibby
06-02-2019, 08:30 PM

They are

stantonsboots
06-02-2019, 08:37 PM
He’s not there though, as a guest of Hibs or otherwise.
Do you know that? Or just a guess?

bingo70
06-02-2019, 08:38 PM

I think it’s a reasonable enough assumption.

If he was there somebody would have a photo of him.

southsider
06-02-2019, 08:40 PM
They are

Brilliant. Smiled for the first time tonight

CapitalGreen
06-02-2019, 08:43 PM

I know that

St.Kristopher
06-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Bud had a bit of a **** day and been a right grumpy git. Your reply caused me to first s****** and then build up to a proper belly laugh. Cheers that was needed.

Northern Hibby
06-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Jeez they killed that song!!

adhibs
06-02-2019, 09:51 PM

just watched a short bbc video on that. Unreal how it removes distinguishable features from items.

Springbank
06-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Bud had a bit of a **** day and been a right grumpy git. Your reply caused me to first s****** and then build up to a proper belly laugh. Cheers that was needed.

ha good to hear.

the point about the board being delinquent in their duties (if eddie may is still in the dug out on saturday) still holds, but heres hoping the next few days are better than today for you, and the club.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Hope he doesn't get a restricted view seat!

For his sake I hope he did get get one!!!

kevinc
06-02-2019, 10:16 PM

Why? Isn’t it more important to get the right candidate than rush someone in to manage a cup tie?

eastcoasthibby
06-02-2019, 10:20 PM
George Craig said on Saturday that there was a fairly good chance Eddie May would see us through the cup tie giving them a full week to get someone in.

FFS ..George Craig has to much pull in Hibs day to day business and I realise thats due to the job he has, but just where is he in the player recruitment and final selection and the type of player that is being looked to recruit ?
I hope they have a word with Eddie May about the team selection on Saturday and ensure the team reflects one that has a chance of doing something in and around the opposition box ...and Stevenson and Mackie in the team.together when we have natural midfielders to play in midfield, May has been.watching Lennons weird selections for the past 4 months !! Saturday is critical for the club a win is a must !!

Iain G
06-02-2019, 10:23 PM
FFS ..George Craig has to much pull in Hibs day to day business and I realise thats due to the job he has, but just where is he in the player recruitment and final selection and the type of player that is being looked to recruit ?
I hope they have a word with Eddie May about the team selection on Saturday and ensure the team reflects one that has a chance of doing something in and around the opposition box ...and Stevenson and Mackie in the team.together when we have natural midfielders to play in midfield, May has been.watching Lennons weird selections for the past 4 months !! Saturday is critical for the club a win is a must !!

I thought Mackie had played a lot of reserve games in midfield?

Keith_M
06-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Depends if you're a priest or not.

Northernhibee
06-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Hopefully we can turn it up to eleven on Saturday.