PDA

View Full Version : Effe Ambrose

04Sauzee
06-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Reported on SSN likely to sign for Derby had a medical today

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Good luck Efe

You never know what you had until it’s gone!

oneone73
06-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Good luck Efe

This.

Hibeesmad
06-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Happy to see him join a club like Derby who are going in the right direction. Look forward to watching him play for them 👍

Eyrie
06-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Good luck Efe

Us or him?

He's certainly earned our best wishes.

DarlingtonHibee
06-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Good luck Efe

We will miss him big time, but he is will be getting at least four times his salary with Derby plus a decent signing on fee.

SMAXXA
06-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Good luck Efe

I think we all knew what we had with Efe he will be a huge miss wish him all the best though

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Us or him?

He's certainly earned our best wishes.

It was meant both ways

Hopefully he will realise this and come back

Famous Fiver
06-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Top end of the championship and yet some of the 'experts' on here thought he was a bomb scare.

Just as well Hibs.net is not in charge of our player roster.

superfurryhibby
06-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Never doubted him. Good luck to Efe, he earned another big pay day with his oerformances for Hibs.

Jim44
06-02-2019, 06:17 PM
I think he could do well under Lampard. Good luck to him.

Lago
06-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Reported on SSN likely to sign for Derby had a medical today
He'll notice a big lift in pay packet compared to Hibs I would expect, seems to be some decent money going around the championship.

dalkeith stu
06-02-2019, 06:32 PM
No doubt a few on here will be blaming Petrie for not matching Derby's ambition!!!!

The 90+2
06-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Make good money Efe like Bamba really unappreciated by some of the support. He will cut it in the Prem League. Problem with Celtic he just had to stroll it all the time until the bigger games came.

Good luck and thanks for the Kebab 💚👍

The 90+2
06-02-2019, 06:36 PM
No doubt a few on here will be blaming Petrie for not matching Derby's ambition!!!!

Can you not wait for the negative before being negative towards other posters?

Why are some always desperate to rip into others?

SRHibs
06-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Just having a look at the Derby forum. Once of the first comments was "Is really similar to Sol Bamba". :hmmm:

BILLYHIBS
06-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Just having a look at the Derby forum. Once of the first comments was "Is really similar to Sol Bamba". :hmmm:

The only thing they have in common is the fact they both played for HIBS

Frazerbob
06-02-2019, 10:34 PM

That and they were both, hilariously, described as ‘bombscares’ by many of the dot net experts

Cameron1875
06-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Good luck snakehips. What a brilliant season he had with us considering the difficulties we face/faced.

My_Wife_Camille
06-02-2019, 11:06 PM

Yep, that’s right. The only thing...

Mibbes Aye
06-02-2019, 11:27 PM
The way he dropped his shoulder could make the sun or the moon rotate in the wrong direction.

Gorgeous player to watch, even with the odd risky touch.

Loved seeing him bringing the ball out of defence. Really curious how he would have worked out slightly higher up the pitch in a defensive mid role but I guess we will never know.

H18 SFR
07-02-2019, 12:42 AM
The way he dropped his shoulder could make the sun or the moon rotate in the wrong direction.

Gorgeous player to watch, even with the odd risky touch.

Loved seeing him bringing the ball out of defence. Really curious how he would have worked out slightly higher up the pitch in a defensive mid role but I guess we will never know.

Take it you were not at Killie away, he was horrendous in he defensive midfield role there.

King Dominique
07-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Devastated he left. I remember defending him from the Vitriol of abuse he was subjected to before inevitably becoming a fan favourite. Sure he will do well down there. An absolute DON

hfc rd
07-02-2019, 03:04 PM
That’s a great move.

All the best to him.

calumhibee1
07-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Good luck Efe. Possibly the best centre half I’ve saw at Hibs since we had a certain Champions League winner/ex France captain strutting his stuff. Absolute Rolls Royce of a player and Derby are lucky to have him. Good move for him as well.

SquashedFrogg
07-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Good luck Efe. Possibly the best centre half I’ve saw at Hibs since we had a certain Champions League winner/ex France captain strutting his stuff. Absolute Rolls Royce of a player and Derby are lucky to have him. Good move for him as well.

Perfectly put. Couldn't agree more.

CraigHibee
07-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Great player who will be sadly missed

neil7908
07-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Glad he's found a better club at a good level. Would love to see him in the EPL next season.

Here’s Lucy!
07-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Lucky, lucky Derby County.

:agree:

overdrive
08-02-2019, 03:09 AM
Absolute Rolls Royce of a player and Derby are lucky to have him.

Like what you did there...

jacomo
08-02-2019, 07:12 AM

Quick! Sound the racist horn!

They are also both right-sided centre backs who like to play out from the back and are partial to the odd upfield charge.

Without wanting to risk being branded as a member of the kkk... yes they are quite similar.

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2019, 07:33 AM

They are also both centre backs who like to play out from the back and are partial to the odd upfield charge.

Without wanting to risk being branded as a member of the kkk... yes they are quite similar.

Sorry I have to disagree their styles of play are polar opposites imho

Could for example Sol Bamba play right back or attacking wing back or attacking midfield as many on here wanted Efe to play?

Sol Bamba is more an old fashioned centre back with a nack for scoring important goals

Yes as others have said both have been described on here as being “ Bambi on ice”. and “bombscares”

Bamba is described as being a rock of a centre half on Wikipedia and one ex colleague claimed he was better than Virgil Van Dyck high praise indeed

There will also be a big difference in their transfer values as Efe is effectively a free transfer being a free agent

It is all about opinions I suppose and yes I would take both back in a heartbeat

Just Jimmy
09-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Glad he's found a better club at a good level. Would love to see him in the EPL next season.he's found more money at a club that would probably beat hibs 11 atm.

better club? never.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
09-02-2019, 07:59 AM

They are also both right-sided centre backs who like to play out from the back and are partial to the odd upfield charge.

I didn’t think Bamba was much of a footballer? Maybe my memory has failed me on that one. I thought his game was more based on the fact he was massive and rapid.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 07:59 AM
he's found more money at a club that would probably beat hibs 11 atm.

better club? never.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

:top marks

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2019, 08:05 AM
I didn’t think Bamba was much of a footballer? Maybe my memory has failed me on that one. I thought his game was more based on the fact he was massive and rapid.

Pretty much how I remember him

I have now asked three fellow HIBS fans if their style was similar each time it was met with a laugh a shake of the head and an answer in the negative

Looking on Youtube Sol Bamba definately knows where the goals are

I thought I was going nuts :confused:

:thumbsup:

15-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Signed for Derby. Good luck Efe.

http://sport.bt.com/news/derby-sign-former-celtic-and-hibs-defender-ambrose-on-short-term-deal-S11364336704114

CRAZYHIBBY
15-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Saw one ersehole of a derby fan calling him a back up player.....shame he left

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Signed for Derby. Good luck Efe.

http://sport.bt.com/news/derby-sign-former-celtic-and-hibs-defender-ambrose-on-short-term-deal-S11364336704114

Signed to the end of the season

CMurdoch
15-02-2019, 09:52 PM
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/02/i-want-to-prove-myself-and-make-sure-to-repay-the-managers-trust-in-me

Efe welcome interview with Derby Co TV
A small positive mention of Hibs

HFC_NYC
15-02-2019, 10:04 PM
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/02/i-want-to-prove-myself-and-make-sure-to-repay-the-managers-trust-in-me

Efe welcome interview with Derby Co TV
A small positive mention of Hibs

I really don't get the Effe love in. He could have seen out the last six months of his contract, helping us in the process and then get his big money move. I'm a little disgusted with the way he did things.

superfurryhibby
15-02-2019, 10:08 PM
I really don't get the Effe love in. He could have seen out the last six months of his contract, helping us in the process and then get his big money move. I'm a little disgusted with the way he did things.

He served us well and got his move, why do you think that release clause was in the contract? I think you’re surely taking the pissy pants.

Michael
15-02-2019, 10:08 PM

He made a good contribution and was a level above the sort of player we can usually afford. I don't really blame him for wanting to improve his pay packet.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Glad he's found a better club at a good level. Would love to see him in the EPL next season.

Erm …. He's found a very good club with a super history, and for sure a richer club …. but a BETTER one ………… nah.

For sure he was prone to the odd brain fart, but ye gods he was good to watch and you'll never see a centre half with more confidence in his own ability than him, never seen a CH at Hibs who could carry the ball 70 yards beating man after man like he did.

Good luck Efe :aok:

HFC_NYC
15-02-2019, 10:28 PM
He made a good contribution and was a level above the sort of player we can usually afford. I don't really blame him for wanting to improve his pay packet.
That's the point I'm making. He deserved his big money move in six months time. He could have helped us out for those six months.

Aritch
15-02-2019, 10:35 PM
That's the point I'm making. He deserved his big money move in six months time. He could have helped us out for those six months.

He signed a contract with Hibs with a release clause. One of the reasons he signed for Hibs was we agreed to the release clause. He was here on loan then signed on a free. He didn't owe the club anything.

CMurdoch
16-02-2019, 01:05 AM

I was amazed he didn't leave in the summer so as i see it we had an extra half season of Efe.
A much better level of player than we normally attract and an absolute pleasure to watch.
Strangely i think he might get caught out at Derby. He is back into the goldfish bowl where any mistakes he makes will attract great attention and criticism.

Tornadoes70
16-02-2019, 01:16 AM
He signed a contract with Hibs with a release clause. One of the reasons he signed for Hibs was we agreed to the release clause. He was here on loan then signed on a free. He didn't owe the club anything.

I would argue he did.

For the first long while he was nowhere near the end of his contract.

It was only latterly we seen the real Efe.

He could easily have signed on for a while yet.

F him. He jumped ship and we move on.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Aritch
16-02-2019, 01:24 AM
I would argue he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

You know he did 18 months out of a 2 year deal, right?

I'm trying to parse this message but struggling somewhat.

More importantly, as you say, GGTTH!

Tornadoes70
16-02-2019, 01:41 AM
You know he did 18 months out of a 2 year deal, right?

I'm trying to parse this message but struggling somewhat.

More importantly, as you say, GGTTH!

i don't really care what you think of my posts.

I've seen some shocking hibs teams that most would never go back again for yet we turned up every week no matter because we were 'supporters' not fans.

Efe effed off when it suited him not our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Aritch
16-02-2019, 02:36 AM
i don't really care what you think of my posts.

I've seen some shocking hibs teams that most would never go back again for yet we turned up every week no matter because we were 'supporters' not fans.

Efe effed off when it suited him not our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

As you say, there have been some shocking teams along the way. I'm equally disappointed that Efe chose not to stay, I just can't fault him for it. Hopefully the Heckingbottom era starts strongly and Efe will be a distant (yet respected) memory.

Souter96Mac
16-02-2019, 04:56 AM
Strange he's only signed until the end of the season. Maybe some of the moves he may have had lined up fell through.

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2019, 06:39 AM
Erm …. He's found a very good club with a super history, and for sure a richer club …. but a BETTER one ………… nah.

For sure he was prone to the odd brain fart, but ye gods he was good to watch and you'll never see a centre half with more confidence in his own ability than him, never seen a CH at Hibs who could carry the ball 70 yards beating man after man like he did.

Good luck Efe :aok:

Big Jim (Cilla) Black was prone to the odd mazy run and foray upfront I remember he was a sensation on Sportsnight with Coleman versus Leeds away but agree all the best Efe hope it works out for you :aok:

SMAXXA
16-02-2019, 07:08 AM
I would argue he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I would argue he owed us nothing. It was an arrangement that suited both parties him for his residency and is getting him on a far reduced salary that he can command elsewhere. Was great for us for the whole time he was here by and large and has been respectful at all times even now. With him well and thank him for his service, the F him and jumping ship comments poor imo but as you said you don’t care what people think of your posts your entitled to your opinion.

Allant1981
16-02-2019, 07:40 AM
I would argue he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Sorry but Ambrose has been one of our best players for a long time, not just latterly, if someone offered you the chance to earn thousands more per month would you knock it back?

bigwheel
16-02-2019, 08:00 AM
I would argue he did.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

He was a player that never let us down - was one of our best players from the moment he signed...barely put a foot wrong for over a year - and even when he did , his pace usually got him out of trouble. Top pro - our set of defenders look a lot weaker without him in it

Wish him all the best- welcome back any time

Jim44
16-02-2019, 12:20 PM
No place for him in the DC squad today. They’re losing by one goal to B&HA.

Malthibby
16-02-2019, 12:25 PM
He was a player that never let us down - was one of our best players from the moment he signed...barely put a foot wrong for over a year - and even when he did , his pace usually got him out of trouble. Top pro - our set of defenders look a lot weaker without him in it

Wish him all the best- welcome back any time

Yup, enjoyed him while he was here & he stayed longer than I thought he would.
Watched through my eyes sometimes but usually strolled through games.
Good luck to the man.

Here’s Lucy!
16-02-2019, 04:47 PM

Oh come on!!

Behave.

Here’s Lucy!
16-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Sorry but Ambrose has been one of our best players for a long time, not just latterly, if someone offered you the chance to earn thousands more per month would you knock it back?

Exactly. :aok:

pacorosssco
16-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Strange he's only signed until the end of the season. Maybe some of the moves he may have had lined up fell through. I reckon hell be paid more 6 months at derby than he earned at hibs sadly

Northern Hibby
18-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Going to see Derby on Wednesday, just because I'm down there and it's on .

Libby Hibby
18-02-2019, 05:23 AM
It’s a weird one. To activate the clause, you would’ve thought he had something immediate lined up but it took him 5/6 weeks to sign for someone.

Unless moves broke down, why trigger the release clause?

I loved the big guy. Could very well still end up our player of the season,

J-C
18-02-2019, 06:57 AM
I was disappointed he left when he did, we gave him a chance to gain his British citizenship and he could easily have waited till his contract ran out, or at least a small fee for him moving would've been a nice gesture.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 03:28 PM
I was disappointed he left when he did, we gave him a chance to gain his British citizenship and he could easily have waited till his contract ran out, or at least a small fee for him moving would've been a nice gesture.

Footballers are no different to anyone else though, would you really knock back the chance to earn thousands more per month if offered another job? We only ever think like this because we have an emotional attachment to the club, for most of these guys it's a way to earn money, nothing more and nothing less

SChibs
18-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Footballers are no different to anyone else though, would you really knock back the chance to earn thousands more per month if offered another job? We only ever think like this because we have an emotional attachment to the club, for most of these guys it's a way to earn money, nothing more and nothing less

Agreed

J-C
18-02-2019, 03:39 PM

I didn't knock him for earning more but we gave him an opportunity to gain his visa, a visa which he needed to move south for those bigger wages, I just thought he could moved for a small nominal fee as a thank you to Hibs football club instead of triggering his get out free clause in January.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2019, 03:42 PM
i've been worshiping him every day on this months official calendar :)

matty_f
18-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Watched through my eyes sometimes but usually strolled through games.

How else are you going to watch him?? :greengrin

18-02-2019, 03:47 PM

And there's the hat-trick.

On fire today.

Malthibby
18-02-2019, 03:49 PM

Fingers, I meant fingers.........:brickwall

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 05:04 PM
I didn't knock him for earning more but we gave him an opportunity to gain his visa, a visa which he needed to move south for those bigger wages, I just thought he could moved for a small nominal fee as a thank you to Hibs football club instead of triggering his get out free clause in January.

No one would pay a fee for him though knowing he had that clause in his contract

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 05:08 PM
i've been worshiping him every day on this months official calendar :)

Took my wee one on Saturday and he kept on asking if man from the calendar was playing yet. He got over it with two pizzas for two goals 😂

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 05:09 PM
No one would pay a fee for him though knowing he had that clause in his contract

Why wouldn’t they? A club worth about £100m have just signed him. He’s not went to Brechin.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Why wouldn’t they? A club worth about £100m have just signed him. He’s not went to Brechin.

They didn't pay a fee for him did they?

J-C
18-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Obviously no one except Efe and the club knew of this clause, I was just disappointed Efe felt it necessary to have it added so he could enforce it.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Obviously no one except Efe and the club knew of this clause, I was just disappointed Efe felt it necessary to have it added so he could enforce it.

Yip I agree annoying, pretty sure his agent would have been making clubs aware

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 06:47 PM

Efe was released from his contract due to a clause, so he was a free agent?

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Efe was released from his contract due to a clause, so he was a free agent?

I haven't disputed that, have you read the previous posts?

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 07:36 PM
I haven't disputed that, have you read the previous posts?

Aye, I’m not disputing it either. So why were you annoyed then ? Are you just an annoyed kind of guy?

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 07:44 PM
They didn't pay a fee for him did they?

No, but I’m sure if a manager of a club worth hunners of millions wants you and a manager like Lampard wants him he’s not going to phone up Ambrose and say leave on a free so we don’t have to pay your club a couple of hundred £k.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Aye, I’m not disputing it either. So why were you annoyed then ? Are you just an annoyed kind of guy?

What the hell are you on about, I said it was annoying he left, I would rather he stayed

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 07:47 PM
No, but I’m sure if a manager of a club worth hunners of millions wants you and a manager like Lampard wants him he’s not going to phone up Ambrose and say leave on a free so we don’t have to pay your club a couple of hundred £k.

Worth hundreds of millions!! Time for you to go back on ignore so I don't need to see the rubbish you spout

matty_f
18-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Fingers, I meant fingers.........:brickwall

:greengrin

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 08:01 PM
What the hell are you on about, I said it was annoying he left, I would rather he stayed

Yes, so does everyone, but I wasn’t annoyed and I never felt Efe had any obligation to stay.

Why don’t you switch yourself to ignore, more fun that way, ya charmer that you are,

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Worth hundreds of millions!! Time for you to go back on ignore so I don't need to see the rubbish you spout

No bother Allan. So the derby owner hasn’t ploughed over £100m into them and they where ****ting it over spending a couple of £100k on Ambrose off Hibs.

Off I pop onto your ignore 😂😂😂😂

The 90+2
18-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Yes, so does everyone, but I wasn’t annoyed and I never felt Efe had any obligation to stay.

Why don’t you switch yourself to ignore, more fun that way, ya charmer that you are,

Super furry - I believe - you just made the list!!! 😂😂😂

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 08:06 PM

I also didn't feel he had any obligation to stay, hence why I said no one would turn down the offer of earning more per month, I also said I didn't think clubs would pay a fee for him as his agent would have been making them aware he could leave for nowt, not really sure what your problem was with that?

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 08:20 PM

I replied to the latter quote, in which you said it was annoying in response to someone else saying they were disappointed Efe felt the need to have the clause added so he could then “enforce” it?

So given that you understood why he was going to leave, why was it annoying? I felt only disappointment myself. Quite contrasting emotions in my life, disappointment and annoyed, although they can occasionally be simultaneously felt I suppose.

What I find annoying on here are people who switch to ultra defensive-aggressive mode at the merest hint of red rag to a bull in a china shop opportunity. Smacks of a certain level of hibs.net performance anxiety to me.

Allant1981
18-02-2019, 08:26 PM
I replied to the latter quote, in which you said it was annoying in response to someone else saying they were disappointed Efe felt the need to have the clause added so he could then “enforce” it?

So given that you understood why he was going to leave, why was it annoying? I felt only disappointment myself. Quite contrasting emotions in my life, disappointment and annoyed, although they can occasionally be simultaneously felt I suppose.

What I find annoying on here are people who switch to ultra defensive-aggressive mode at the merest hint of red rag to a bull in a china shop opportunity. Smacks of a certain level of hibs.net performance anxiety to me.

I was annoyed he left when he did as I'd rather he had stayed and helped us further up the table but as I said before, cant blame the guy for wanting more cash, but in hindsight yip it was probably more disappointment

superfurryhibby
18-02-2019, 08:36 PM
:cheers:
I was annoyed he left when he did as I'd rather he had stayed and helped us further up the table but as I said before, cant blame the guy for wanting more cash, but in hindsight yip it was probably more disappointment

:aok:
Cool.