PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GRANT SCOTT: "PLACES ARE UP FOR GRABS"

RSS Bot
05-02-2019, 06:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9695)

Itsnoteasy
05-02-2019, 10:27 PM
2nd fi right has a nice tight 4rse

hibb1
05-02-2019, 10:42 PM

4rsey comment these ladies are breaking moulds and you revert to 60's comment:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
05-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Bizarre comment :rolleyes:
It should have remained in your head.

monktonharp
05-02-2019, 11:07 PM
was a naughty comment, might annoy a lot of folk but has been said over many years. the ladies are all lovely, but I am an auld radge, surely allowed a bit of leeway ? nothing untoward, in the original. to my mind:confused:

Tornadoes70
05-02-2019, 11:15 PM
was a naughty comment, might annoy a lot of folk but has been said over many years. the ladies are all lovely, but I am an auld radge, surely allowed a bit of leeway ? nothing untoward, in the original. to my mind:confused:

I agree.

If it was a bunch of dudes with women commenting it would be passed off rightly as banter. The snowflakes among us know nought what they do. Live and let live.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

monktonharp
05-02-2019, 11:19 PM
my first thought, with the original complainant was...………….Grant Stott :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Saying that things are up for grabs above a picture of ladies bottoms might not have been too clever.

Tornadoes70
05-02-2019, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;5698802]Saying that things are up for grabs above a picture of ladies bottoms might not have been too clever.[/QUOTE

Offended were you aye

Mental what some get upset about these days.

monktonharp
05-02-2019, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;5698802]Saying that things are up for grabs above a picture of ladies bottoms might not have been too clever.[/QUOTE

Offended were you aye

Mental what some get upset about these days.I would never get offended if any of them grabbed me! as long as it's ladies, I mean:greengrin Right, I am getting off this subject right now!

The 90+2
05-02-2019, 11:36 PM
I thought of Grants dad when we won the cup. Soundest guy in the world swearing and passion in the posh seats. Delighted for supporters like him got to see us win it.

WeeRussell
06-02-2019, 02:16 AM

Offended were you aye

He never said he was offended. He said it may not have been too clever.

hibbymark
06-02-2019, 05:09 AM
Does anyone know how Hibs ladies are funded ? Is the managers job a paid position? Who paid for the overseas pre season training trip? Is it part of our biggest ever playing budget? :cb

bigwheel
06-02-2019, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know how Hibs ladies are funded ? Is the managers job a paid position? Who paid for the overseas pre season training trip? Is it part of our biggest ever playing budget? :cb

My understanding that Hibs do not fund the ladies team in any way, other than use of some facilities ...that may have changed in recent times, but was my understanding of the position in recent years...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
06-02-2019, 06:06 AM
I bet 2nd from right is made up with Gorgiegreens observations😉

green with envy
06-02-2019, 07:01 AM

School boy remark.

Brightside
06-02-2019, 07:24 AM
My understanding that Hibs do not fund the ladies team in any way, other than use of some facilities ...that may have changed in recent times, but was my understanding of the position in recent years...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All funded by Hibs Community which takes no money from Hibs. The trip was funded via sports grants. Grant is on a game by game salary and it’s buttons.

bigwheel
06-02-2019, 07:48 AM
All funded by Hibs Community which takes no money from Hibs. The trip was funded via sports grants. Grant is on a game by game salary and it’s buttons.

That is pretty amazing support from Hibs Community Is that the foundation you are referring to?

Itsnoteasy
06-02-2019, 08:31 AM
4rsey comment these ladies are breaking moulds and you revert to 60's comment:rolleyes:

Oops sorry to have upset the PC brigade. Certainly is a lot of snowflakes out there.

Mango Man
06-02-2019, 08:52 AM
I thought of Grants dad when we won the cup. Soundest guy in the world swearing and passion in the posh seats. Delighted for supporters like him got to see us win it.

Are you thinking of Grant Stott per chance?

cleanyman
06-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Hibs are going to struggle this year

Lost so many good players and got nothing in return. Hopefully this is looked at for the future.

Hibbyradge
06-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Oops sorry to have upset the PC brigade. Certainly is a lot of snowflakes out there.

"Fnaar, fnaar, look at her bum" is hardly the worst thing that anyone has said, and as someone has pointed out, it belongs in the playground. I don't know what the purpose would be of typing a comment like that. Maybe they want the audience to know that they look at the pictures rather than read the story.

Anyway, it's hardly crime of the century.

However, it's a peculiar expression, "snowflake". It's exclusively used by people who either want to offend others, don't care if they do, or don't understand that they are. Indeed, the term "snowflake" itself, is used as an insult.

People who say it seem to think that it somehow legitimises whatever they were being criticised for.

Say anything you want, be it sexist, racist, homophobic or whatever, and if anyone even hints at a complaint, shut them down by calling them a snowflake.

The unreconstructed boor making the remarks is thereby vindicated.

But of course, that's not really the case.

The person just remains a sexist, racist or homophobe and because they're shutting down objections, those traits are likely to become reinforced.

Oh dear, I seem to have gone all Holy Ground by mistake so I'll leave it there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Offended were you aye

Nope.

But don't let that stop you making things up. You wouldn't want to deny the world such insight

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2019, 10:35 AM
"Fnaar, fnaar, look at her bum" is hardly the worst thing that anyone has said, and as someone has pointed out, it belongs in the playground. I don't know what the purpose would be of typing a comment like that. Maybe they want the audience to know that they look at the pictures rather than read the story.

Anyway, it's hardly crime of the century.

However, it's a peculiar expression, "snowflake". It's exclusively used by people who either want to offend others, don't care if they do, or don't understand that they are. Indeed, the term "snowflake" itself, is used as an insult.

People who say it seem to think that it somehow legitimises whatever they were being criticised for.

Say anything you want, be it sexist, racist, homophobic or whatever, and if anyone even hints at a complaint, shut them down by calling them a snowflake.

The unreconstructed boor making the remarks is thereby vindicated.

But of course, that's not really the case.

The person just remains a sexist, racist or homophobe and because they're shutting down objections, those traits are likely to become reinforced.

Oh dear, I seem to have gone all Holy Ground by mistake so I'll leave it there.

Maybe I'm being an old fogey (which phrase seems to have been resurrected on here recently), but it seems to me that "snowflake" is the new "PC Brigade".

Does one need a transfer fee, or is it done by mutual consent?

CRAZYHIBBY
06-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Well i like all their 4rses so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it

Hibbyradge
Maybe I'm being an old fogey (which phrase seems to have been resurrected on here recently), but it seems to me that "snowflake" is the new "PC Brigade".

Does one need a transfer fee, or is it done by mutual consent?

I think it's more like moving up to the first team from the development squad and it's quite an honour.

andybev1

Offended were you aye

He was obviously making a light hearted remark regarding the unintended pun. Nothing in it at all.

Eaststandee
06-02-2019, 10:55 AM
2nd fi right has a nice tight 4rseCreepy af

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2019, 11:35 AM
I think it's more like moving up to the first team from the development squad and it's quite an honour.

Does one get capped, maybe in tinfoil?

(asking for a friend, so that I... sorry, they... don't get their PC mixed up with their BDSM)

Pretty Boy
06-02-2019, 11:46 AM
I always find it funny that people who use the term snowflake tend to exhibit a lot of the traits they associate with being a snowflake themselves. Part of the definition is:

'over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.'

The term is usually thrown around when a viewpoint is challenged or an attitude questioned. Rather than debate a point or defend a stance the go to reaction is to throw out an insult like 'snowflake' and get irrationally angry about the 'PC Brigade' and 'entitled millenials' or similar. In other words an over emotional reaction and an inability to deal with an opposing opinion.

Bloody snowflakes.

hibsbollah
06-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Just respect them as athletes and sportswomen. Nothing to do with snowflakes or feminism, it's just about basic respect and not being a dick 24/7.

MyJo
06-02-2019, 01:28 PM
You think that's bad, just wait until we launch our new strips for next season with Scott Allan modelling.

DaveHFC
06-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Just imagine it was your daughter or mother. If you don’t feel comfortable with it in that context then its not appropriate here.

Respect them as athletes and people, comments like some of the above trivialise their achievements.

SRHibs
06-02-2019, 02:43 PM
I agree.

If it was a bunch of dudes with women commenting it would be passed off rightly as banter. The snowflakes among us know nought what they do. Live and let live.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Exactly. We should all be free to talk about anyone we want as if they are an object!

Just imagine it was your daughter or mother. If you don’t feel comfortable with it in that context then its not appropriate here.

Respect them as athletes and people, comments like some of the above trivialise their achievements.

Yep, and to be honest, it's not outside the realms of possibility that the parents of these players do read these forums. Embarrassing stuff.

Brightside
06-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Luckily shes just about legal - so you don't look like a paedo instead of just a sexist ********.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Luckily shes just about legal - so you don't look like a paedo instead of just a sexist ********.

Think that the jury is still out on that?

tonywilliams
06-02-2019, 04:34 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Really bro.

Read the bit in bold back to yourself under your real name.

Good lord.

Yours,

Millie Tant.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2019, 05:00 PM
oh, a new poster :greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
06-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Just respect them as athletes and sportswomen. Nothing to do with snowflakes or feminism, it's just about basic respect and not being a dick 24/7.

Ditto!

Itsnoteasy
06-02-2019, 06:03 PM

So you can tell someones age by looking at their 4rse.
You must be frequenting Thailand to much.