PDA

View Full Version : 2019/20 Season tickets, away season tickets and games moved for TV

H18 SFR
03-02-2019, 05:55 PM
When it comes to 3pm Saturday kick offs, I'm well and truly there. However, because I now live and work 90 miles from Edinburgh midweek games of any sort Tuesday - Friday are impossible for me, it's pretty much the same for away midweek games unless it's Kilmarnock.

With all the games being moved I'm finding that my season ticket has been unused a lot this year, same with the away season tickets I've had. I don't know if we've had more games moved/midweek games this year but it certainly feels like it.

The reality has dawned on me that I won't be able to justify an away season ticket next year and I'm now thinking that I might have to forget about a season ticket as well.

Is the new TV deal/scheduling of games to facilitate a winter shut down genuinely pushing fans away or am I imagining it given my own situation?

HibeeHibernian4
03-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Is the new TV deal/scheduling of games to facilitate a winter shut down genuinely pushing fans away or am I imagining it given my own situation?

Don't think it's just you, the winter break is one of the all-time worst inventions in Scottish football, made for managers and players who want to put their feet up in the Middle East for a couple of weeks. Two perfectly good Saturdays in January (and NYD/2nd Jan) discarded and as a result we have to play midweeks in December, January and February for no good reason. Needs scrapping, pronto.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2019, 06:13 PM
When it comes to 3pm Saturday kick offs, I'm well and truly there. However, because I now live and work 90 miles from Edinburgh midweek games of any sort Tuesday - Friday are impossible for me, it's pretty much the same for away midweek games unless it's Kilmarnock.

With all the games being moved I'm finding that my season ticket has been unused a lot this year, same with the away season tickets I've had. I don't know if we've had more games moved/midweek games this year but it certainly feels like it.

The reality has dawned on me that I won't be able to justify an away season ticket next year and I'm now thinking that I might have to forget about a season ticket as well.

Possibly so, your own situation is probably one that means a ST just makes no financial sense anymore and you would be quite right to reconsider unless of course you can afford to buy it and are happy with the "donation" to the club.

After results/management saga this season and the likely finishing position in the league we will see a drop in ST sales anyway when many of "the good time charlies" disappear once again into their armchairs only to return and proclaim they have supported and followed Hibs all their life when the good times return.

Regular Saturday 3pm KO's disappeared years ago so at least it's no surprise to ST holders anymore but it's a shame when circumstances like you describe are forcing you into giving up your ST's.

HibeeHibernian4
03-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Regular Saturday 3pm KO's disappeared years ago so at least it's no surprise to ST holders anymore but it's a shame when circumstances like you describe are forcing you into giving up your ST's.

I think our time in the Championship returned us to a more stable Saturday 3pm schedule. It was definitely one of the (very few) benefits of being in that league.

22 out of 38 games last season were Saturday 3pm kick offs, 15 of them before the winter break.

We've only had 13 so far this season, and there are just two more Saturday 3pms scheduled before the split. At most, we'll have 20 this season, but probably at least one or two games in the split will see us on television. So we're looking at about 18 or so. That's a notable drop off, in my opinion.