PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster

Pages : [1] 2

GreenOnions
03-02-2019, 06:05 PM
With all the nonsense criticism of our Chief Exec coming from the media I just wanted to express my support for her and her ongoing contribution to the club.

The criticism of Leeann and the club comes from mainly ex-Old Firm players and Glasgow-based journalists each of whom admits they don't know the details of what happened with Neil Lennon. It hasn't stopped them from choosing a side though.

It is clear from most of their comments that they don't watch Hibs much and know little about the club.

Anyone who watches Hibs regularly will know that Lenny has been struggling more and more this season. I really like Neil Lennon and, FWIW, had faith in his ability to turn things around. However - I'm not sure he did once he became aware that, for the second summer in a row, his transfer dealings had been poor. The team has deteriorated this season in distinct parallel with Lenny's increasingly eccentric and erratic behaviour. Is this a coincidence?

Our manager's outbursts - once amusing - became somewhat embarrassing and his treatment of Kamberi was as shocking as it was bewildering.

In truth - and completely contrary to some suggestions - my opinion is that it was our manager rather than his players who was failing to deal with the pressure. It's a different kind of pressure from that which is often emphasised exists at the Glasgow clubs. However IMHO it is one which implies that there comes a point when you have to work on improving what you have rather than overcoming mistakes you've made in transfer dealings by more transfer dealings. That's what "being a manager" is in my view.

That's the sort of pressure that increases the further down the leagues you go I reckon. Perhaps having only previously managed at clubs with big budgets it is not something with which Lenny has sufficient experience?

The critical journalists also appear to understand little about disciplinary processes. My understanding would be that, in most organisations, when certain types of allegation are made against an employee then proper process would be that they ought to be suspended while a formal investigation is carried out. There appears to have been no focus on this in the media.

I believe that neither party fancied the consequences of a lengthy dispute. Neil Lennon may not have wanted his management reputation tarnished via details being made public about his behaviour. Hibs may not have wanted a protracted legal process undermining club morale and the ability to move on.

It would be natural would it not for any compromise agreement to include, at the insistence of both sides' representatives, clauses that exonerate the other of any wrongdoing. The media fixate on the fact that the joint statement included a sentence exonerating Neil and Garry. Is that such a huge surprise? IMO it will have been one price Hibs had to pay for the agreement. That's all.

Leeann Dempster has been at the helm during a period of revival for our club at all levels. As I understand it she has been the key driver in much of our progress. She is widely respected and popular amongst supporters and I've yet to see any persuasive argument from critical journalists that her actions have been ill-advised in this or any other matter.

I hope Leeann remains at Hibs for many years to come.

PS - no - I'm not Leeann Dempster :wink:

craigiehibs
03-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Absolutely top post mate. Couldnt have put it better

Billy Whizz
03-02-2019, 06:12 PM
It’s Leeann😄

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2019, 06:17 PM
With all the nonsense criticism of our Chief Exec coming from the media I just wanted to express my support for her and her ongoing contribution to the club.

The criticism of Leann and the club comes from mainly ex-Old Firm players and Glasgow-based journalists each of whom admits they don't know the details of what happened with Neil Lennon. It hasn't stopped them from choosing a side though.

It is clear from most of their comments that they don't watch Hibs much and know little about the club.

Anyone who watches Hibs regularly will know that Lenny has been struggling more and more this season. I really like Neil Lennon and, FWIW, had faith in his ability to turn things around. However - I'm not sure he did once he became aware that, for the second summer in a row, his transfer dealings had been poor. The team has deteriorated this season in distinct parallel with Lenny's increasingly eccentric and erratic behaviour. Is this a coincidence?

Our manager's outbursts - once amusing - became somewhat embarrassing and his treatment of Kamberi was as shocking as it was bewildering.

In truth - and completely contrary to some suggestions - my opinion is that it was our manager rather than his players who was failing to deal with the pressure. It's a different kind of pressure from that which is often emphasised exists at the Glasgow clubs. However IMHO it is one which implies that there comes a point when you have to work on improving what you have rather than overcoming mistakes you've made in transfer dealings by more transfer dealings. That's what "being a manager" is in my view.

That's the sort of pressure that increases the further down the leagues you go I reckon. Perhaps having only previously managed at clubs with big budgets it is not something with which Lenny has sufficient experience?

The critical journalists also appear to understand little about disciplinary processes. My understanding would be that, in most organisations, when certain types of allegation are made against an employee then proper process would be that they ought to be suspended while a formal investigation is carried out. There appears to have been no focus on this in the media.

I believe that neither party fancied the consequences of a lengthy dispute. Neil Lennon may not have wanted his management reputation tarnished via details being made public about his behaviour. Hibs may not have wanted a protracted legal process undermining club morale and the ability to move on.

It would be natural would it not for any compromise agreement to include, at the insistence of both sides' representatives, clauses that exonerate the other of any wrongdoing. The media fixate on the fact that the joint statement included a sentence exonerating Neil and Garry. Is that such a huge surprise? IMO it will have been one price Hibs had to pay for the agreement. That's all.

Leann Dempster has been at the helm during a period of revival for our club at all levels. As I understand it she has been the key driver in much of our progress. She is widely respected and popular amongst supporters and I've yet to see any persuasive argument from critical journalists that her actions have been ill-advised in this or any other matter.

I hope Leann remains at Hibs for many years to come.

PS - no - I'm not Leann Dempster ;-)

Class post.

Risboro Hibby
03-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Great post Green Onions

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this sorry episode

For me it had become pretty obvious that after the derby at Tynecastle Neil Lennon had been struggling with his own Demons and thus affecting his judgment and behaviour. Which probably led to the eventual alleged showdown end of last week at East Mains

The parting of the ways has been handled well by the board as both sides left any personal animosities aaside . Nobody wanted to tarnish Lennon’s reputation as a Top class Coach. For me he probably needs to take some time out of the game for the good of his own health.

Dempster and the board have my full support with the statement they issued and the action taken

We are indeed lucky to have someone as professional as Leann Dempster as CEO of our club

Johnny Clash
03-02-2019, 06:19 PM
I’ll prefer to wait until more of the the facts are known before proclaiming undying allegiance to anyone in this affair.

GloryGlory
03-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Keep up the good work, Leeann. :flag:

Jim44
03-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Sutton’s public attack on LD is out of order and I can only assume that his ( homophobic? ) hatred of her was formed before last week and because of issues that offended him. It would be interesting for somebody to put him on the spot by asking him to expand on his prejudice.

Sioux
03-02-2019, 06:28 PM
I’ll prefer to wait until more of the the facts are known before proclaiming undying allegiance to anyone in this affair.

You mean you’ll believe more BS rumours which begin with the phrase “I heard”. You can bet these rumours will all favour NL.

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Can't see much more being disclosed.

Leeann is an excellent ceo.

bigwheel

Think that’s fair and sensible - not sure why people are suddenly celebrating Dempster ‘s contribution to this situation- when I’m guessing none of us know what she did, and whether she got it right ..

She had a great start to her career here - not sure there is anything this season that looks like a particularly strong achievement yet ..

Will be interested to see what she does been now and end of season ...

Green_one

Frankly if I had to choose between the devil and the Glasgow ****my press I would say - I am with you Lou

Leeann is a key to our future success

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Leeann dempster has served hibs well no doubt,but like lenny gave us what we needed when he came in,the same can be said for her.if she has cost us a six figure sum by "not sacking" a manager she appointed.its unforgivable.failure to at least try and galvanise the support under the circumstances,again is unforgivable,everyone is entitled to ther opinion but I wont be burying my head in the sand.and the more threads like this means I will continue to say where I stand on all matters hibs and the board,a board that has created turmoil of ther own making.guff signings forced on lennon by an underperforming technical director,who has failed to identify replacements for a very good midfield.loans every season mean we never actually have our own stamp on the badge.and loans seem to be how we continue to build a sqaud.no matter how much backing we give as supporters!!lennon cared too much for the board.and also most of his stress was caused by knowing it was his reputation on the line.while the great "set up" evades all blame.

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Would they all bully a man in such a way? Don't remember a male CEO every being subjected to such nonsense from the media.

HibbyKeith
03-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Leeann dempster has served hibs well no doubt,but like lenny gave us what we needed when he came in,the same can be said for her.if she has cost us a six figure sum by "not sacking" a manager she appointed.its unforgivable.failure to at least try and galvanise the support under the circumstances,again is unforgivable,everyone is entitled to ther opinion but I wont be burying my head in the sand.and the more threads like this means I will continue to say where I stand on all matters hibs and the board,a board that has created turmoil of ther own making.guff signings forced on lennon by an underperforming technical director,who has failed to identify replacements for a very good midfield.loans every season mean we never actually have our own stamp on the badge.and loans seem to be how we continue to build a sqaud.no matter how much backing we give as supporters!!lennon cared too much for the board.and also most of his stress was caused by knowing it was his reputation on the line.while the great "set up" evades all blame.

"Lenny" evading all blame with this post too though right?

Kojock
03-02-2019, 06:58 PM
I don’t get this Leeann love in.

She employed Lennon knowing his previous employment history and demands then sacks him when speaks out.
She has failed to improve the catering, Behind The Goals, tannoy system, the ticketing problems and will not even discuss the reintroduction of a loyalty point system. She appears to be very headstrong and is not open to negotiation.
For Leeann Dempster read Theresa May.

Squealing pig
03-02-2019, 06:59 PM
In hindsight Lennon signed some dud players onwards and upwards, Leann Dempster will get the right man in I’m sure of.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Think that’s fair and sensible - not sure why people are suddenly celebrating Dempster ‘s contribution to this situation- when I’m guessing none of us know what she did, and whether she got it right ..

She had a great start to her career here - not sure there is anything this season that looks like a particularly strong achievement yet ..

Posted as much elsewhere.

I don’t think she should be criticised for what has went on. Equally, it’s difficult to praise her. Nobody knows what has went on, whether she has acted correctly or not.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt in terms of fixing the mess we find ourselves in at present. She inherited a bigger mess four and a half years ago and made improved things significantly. The enthusiasm that was on display back then has been lacking this year though, IMO.

Hiber-nation
03-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Yep, agree with that.

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 07:03 PM
"Lenny" evading all blame with this post too though right?

Not at all, football was guff for a while,but we werny at the point of emptying him this season.

hibeerealist
03-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Sutton’s public attack on LD is out of order and I can only assume that his ( homophobic? ) hatred of her was formed before last week and because of issues that offended him. It would be interesting for somebody to put him on the spot by asking him to expand on his prejudice.

What did Sutton say that was homophobic????

Confused.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Posted as much elsewhere.

I don’t think she should be criticised for what has went on. Equally, it’s difficult to praise her. Nobody knows what has went on, whether she has acted correctly or not.

She deserves the benefit of the doubt in terms of fixing the mess we find ourselves in at present. She inherited a bigger mess four and a half years ago and made improved things significantly. The enthusiasm that was on display back then has been lacking this year though, IMO.

She's still very close to the stage she needs to make some sort of public statement or appearance. Not a warts-and-all run-through that we're never going to get, but she's been non-existent aside from a Scott Allan soundbite and a joint-statement with Budge after the Tynecastle game.

She's now being questioned by some of us and is taking pelters in the media. It's difficult to listen to if the only response to that is respectful silence - she's integral to whatever happened with Lennon, and the disappearing act isn't really abating things. Some sort of decent PR offering on the new manager hunt wouldn't go amiss.

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 07:07 PM

She employed Lennon knowing his previous employment history and demands then sacks him when speaks out.
She has failed to improve the catering, Behind The Goals, tannoy system, the ticketing problems and will not even discuss the reintroduction of a loyalty point system. She appears to be very headstrong and is not open to negotiation.
She didn't sack him when he spoke out. She sacked him when he got 3 wins in 15 with a decent budget whilst acting a bit of an attention seeking baby.

Stop buying pies and it will improve. Tannoy cannot be improved easily. Loyalty points is a shambles. She has to answer for that no doubt.

Lago
03-02-2019, 07:07 PM
It’s Leeann😄

Well she use to post on here on occasion before going into purdah.

highland hibbee
03-02-2019, 07:11 PM

And it’s a Yes from me too. Delighted Ms Dempster came onto the forum , ha ha.

nah, a good OP. Well said that man

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2019, 07:14 PM
What a load of rubbish.

You're just making it up now.

What is your experience of being a ceo?

B.H.F.C
03-02-2019, 07:14 PM
She's still very close to the stage she needs to make some sort of public statement or appearance. Not a warts-and-all run-through that we're never going to get, but she's been non-existent aside from a Scott Allan soundbite and a joint-statement with Budge after the Tynecastle game.

She's now being questioned by some of us and is taking pelters in the media. It's difficult to listen to if the only response to that is respectful silence - she's integral to whatever happened with Lennon, and the disappearing act isn't really abating things. Some sort of decent PR offering on the new manager hunt wouldn't go amiss.

Tynecastle was an interesting one. I thought she failed spectacularly to properly support Lennon on the back of that. She could also have called out the very apparent sectarian abuse he received on each of our visits to Ibrox.

Silence seems to be the answer whenever there is anything of a negative nature to be talked about.

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 07:15 PM
What a load of rubbish.

You're just making it up now.

What is your experience of being a ceo?
Rubbish?? Explain please im open to opinions...are you?😂🃏

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2019, 07:18 PM
I trust the board especially leeann.

How do you know what the compensation was.

Still easy to just invent figures up.

Greencore
03-02-2019, 07:19 PM
You mean you’ll believe more BS rumours which begin with the phrase “I heard”. You can bet these rumours will all favour NL.

😂😂😂😂😂 classic hibs.net top post.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-02-2019, 07:20 PM
I trust the board especially leeann.

How do you know what the compensation was.

Still easy to just invent figures up.

62.07% of stats are made up.

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Tynecastle was an interesting one. I thought she failed spectacularly to properly support Lennon on the back of that. She could also have called out the very apparent sectarian abuse he received on each of our visits to Ibrox.

Silence seems to be the answer whenever there is anything of a negative nature to be talked about.

Iirc she talked to that idiot Jim White and defended Neil all the way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Sutton will be frustrated that both sides have settled for a no score draw. In the absence of facts to make a point, the only option he has is to make personal insults. But the world has moved on and left dinosaurs behind.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2019, 07:29 PM

Doubt they will ever be publicised.

Kojock
03-02-2019, 07:33 PM
She didn't sack him when he spoke out. She sacked him when he got 3 wins in 15 with a decent budget whilst acting a bit of an attention seeking baby.

Stop buying pies and it will improve. Tannoy cannot be improved easily. Loyalty points is a shambles. She has to answer for that no doubt.

She knew in your words that he was an “attention seeking baby” but couldn’t handle it. Then as soon as the 5h1t hits the fan she disappears faster than snaw off a dyke and leaves Rod to take the flak.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 07:34 PM
I think that she's done a good job overall - not faultless, but then who is?

I do think there's a section of the support who are happy to try and hound her out of the club, for some reason.

There is/was a spoof Hibs.net Twitter account yesterday that has a few tweets having a go at Dempster, including a Photoshop image of her.

I don't understand why people would try and chase out on of the successes at the club.

Could be the loyalty points issue, I know that's still a bugbear for some, or it could be support for Lennon but I think it's probably more simplistic and she's just been set up as another member of the board to target.

We've made great strides since she came on board, people should really consider what they're chasing out of the club.

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Based on 18 months of employment lennon and parker had left,im sure it wasnt a can of coke and a cream egg they went with.however I said "if she" I didny state I knew the figures,only what is most likely considering there was no sackings.but you trust the board I respect your opinion.and I hope she can turn around a bad situation,but if her position needs a new face so be it.posters like yourself need to accept we dont all feel the same as yourselfs honestly.give me your take on events,I promise I wont call them "rubbish" and most likely we will have some common ground.

Kojock
03-02-2019, 07:38 PM

The criticism of Leeann and the club comes from mainly ex-Old Firm players and Glasgow-based journalists each of whom admits they don't know the details of what happened with Neil Lennon. It hasn't stopped them from choosing a side though.

Leeann Dempster has been at the helm during a period of revival for our club at all levels. As I understand it she has been the key driver in much of our progress. She is widely respected and popular amongst supporters and I've yet to see any persuasive argument from critical journalists that her actions have been ill-advised in this or any other matter.

You rave on about LD buy don’t specify what she has actually done for us to be known as The Messiah.

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 07:38 PM
She knew in your words that he was an “attention seeking baby” but couldn’t handle it. Then as soon as the 5h1t hits the fan she disappears faster than snaw off a dyke and leaves Rod to take the flak.

The **** hit the fan when he kicked off at Tynecastle after picking the wrong team and cost us 2nd place. She handled that fine. It was his poor performance this season that cost him.

Jim44
03-02-2019, 07:39 PM
What did Sutton say that was homophobic????

Confused.

Don’t know if it was homophobic, hence my own ‘?’, (maybe you didn’t see that). As I can’t remember him verbally assaulting any other CEO, male or otherwise, my logic suggests it may have been sexist or worse, homophobic.

DarlingtonHibee
03-02-2019, 07:39 PM
You either trust the board or you don't.

They are responsible for running the club and the strategy.

When I last met Neil lennon at the agm he told me that he was very happy at hibs, and enjoyed the support he was given, so his focus was coaching the players.

RedHibby
03-02-2019, 07:41 PM
It is all conjecture but I personally think that possibly Leanne followed the rules that apply to all employees and the board did not back her to take it all the way to a tribunal if that would have been the outcome.

Tornadoes70
03-02-2019, 07:43 PM
I think that she's done a good job overall - not faultless, but then who is?

I do think there's a section of the support who are happy to try and hound her out of the club, for some reason.

There is/was a spoof Hibs.net Twitter account yesterday that has a few tweets having a go at Dempster, including a Photoshop image of her.

I don't understand why people would try and chase out on of the successes at the club.

Could be the loyalty points issue, I know that's still a bugbear for some, or it could be support for Lennon but I think it's probably more simplistic and she's just been set up as another member of the board to target.

We've made great strides since she came on board, people should really consider what they're chasing out of the club.

Definitely hibs fans or trouble making fans of other clubs?

Dempster has been a huge success since arriving imo of course.

Can't begin to imagine why any hibs fan would be at that carry on. Probably maroon tinted ones mischief making?

Kojock
03-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Definitely hibs fans or trouble making fans of other clubs?

Dempster has been a huge success since arriving imo of course.

Can't begin to imagine why any hibs fan would be at that carry on. Probably maroon tinted ones?
You say Dempster has been a huge success can you please list her fantastic achievements since coming to Hibs.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2019, 07:47 PM
You say Dempster has been a huge success can you please list her fantastic achievements since coming to Hibs.

She's helped us win the Scottish Cup, overseen record season ticket sales and was there for what people quite rightly refer to the best time to be a Hibs fan in decades?

matty_f
03-02-2019, 07:51 PM
She's helped us win the Scottish Cup, overseen record season ticket sales and was there for what people quite rightly refer to the best time to be a Hibs fan in decades?

Europe twice
Scottish Cup win
Promotion as champions
Highest points total in years
Filled the team with internationals
Development team won the double
Record season ticket sales

But yeah, she mucked up loyalty points so let's ignore all that.

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 07:53 PM
The **** hit the fan when he kicked off at Tynecastle after picking the wrong team and cost us 2nd place. She handled that fine. It was his poor performance this season that cost him.

She appointed him,does her failings cost her position?she will be on high wages to do her job.or is ok to get rid of underperforming managers and not ceo's.supprters feel ignored on all issues we deserve a say on.and the original enthusiasm she had to engage feels gone.

Sioux
03-02-2019, 07:55 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

GreenOnions
03-02-2019, 07:55 PM
You rave on about LD buy don’t specify what she has actually done for us to be known as The Messiah.

Not sure anything I've written could accurately be described as "raving on" about LD. Also I didn't refer to our Chief Exec as "The Messiah" and I haven't seen anyone else do so either. So - it's not really clear to me what you're trying to say.

Sioux
03-02-2019, 07:56 PM
She appointed him,does her failings cost her position?she will be on high wages to do her job.or is ok to get rid of underperforming managers and not ceo's.supprters feel ignored on all issues we deserve a say on.and the original enthusiasm she had to engage feels gone.

Lennon signed a few duds, is that LD's fault.

I'll answer this for you - NO!

matty_f
03-02-2019, 07:58 PM

How stable do you think the club would be if we sacked a CEO every time a manager left?

Should we sack the manager if he makes a bad signing? We had to pay Stokes off when he left, should Lennon have been sacked then as well?

Tornadoes70
03-02-2019, 07:58 PM

She's not a manager that can point to league results and 'fantastic achievements'. Its about the club being run better since her arrival and I think it has been run much better with a freshness, openness, raised profile and more dynamism than was previously.

Assuming you don't think so?

McIntosh
03-02-2019, 07:59 PM
You say Dempster has been a huge success can you please list her fantastic achievements since coming to Hibs. She was the CEO when we won the Scottish Cup and the championship, she appointed the managers and supported them. She has to my first hand knowledge began and supported the reconciliation of the club with its support and the wider community. Does this answer your question.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Not sure anything I've written could accurately be described as "raving on" about LD. Also I didn't refer to our Chief Exec as "The Messiah" and I haven't seen anyone else do so either. So - it's not really clear to me what you're trying to say.

It's crazy, eh?

I see this more often now, people chucking phrases like that about, or board lovers, etc. But other than a few posts taking the pish out of he for saying nobody is a board supporter (we are Hibs supporters), you never see a post saying Dempster or Petrie are without flaws or perfect.

Jim44
03-02-2019, 08:00 PM

That crossed my mind when I read about ‘raving’ and ‘Messiahs’. I’ve got to say that, for what it’s worth, I am genuinely taken aback at the anti LD feelings being expressed on this board.

Zazu62
03-02-2019, 08:05 PM
This thread/forum reeks of yam at the moment

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 08:09 PM
This thread/forum reeks of yam at the moment

Always does when certain posters dont like what they are reading! Nowt new.

McD
03-02-2019, 08:15 PM

Guff signings forced on Lennon? :faf:
There is ZERO evidence of that, especially from Lennon himself. Some of the signings have been linked to Lennon when he was at Celtic, did LD do that too? Lennon himself was public about many of the signings he and Hibs wanted, and he got a fair few of them. Have some of these players been a disappointment? Absolutely. Forced on him? Nope. He was a part of the recruitment process too. No way was someone as vocal and as close to the media as Lennon is going to quietly accept players b img forced on him if he didn’t want them, and we’d have heard nothing about it. He even stated late last season that the “great setup” offered him further funds for another player and he declined to use it as he was satisfied with what he had.

The “very good midfield” you refer to, took 2/3 seasons to develop, and a very very fortunate set of circumstances last January that led to SA coming back on loan. Or were you expecting Hibs to go out and drop literally millions of pounds to replace them? Also, it is the same scouting team and technical director that identified all 3 of them, not Lennon.

Loans - were you complaining about the loans of Kamberi or SA last season? How about the Liam Henderson loan? Unhappy with Gauld coming in? Mcgeouch when he first came? Bogdan this season?

Backing by supporters - there has been plenty backing, that’s correct. When was the last time Hibs paid a fee, 6 figures each mind, for 3 players in the same window? And that’s not counting a fair bit of money sunk into Milligan (who Lennon wanted).

Funny how you say the “great set up” evades all blame, yet you apportion none to Lennon. He picked the team and the tactics. How he treated Kamberi was ridiculous, at some point a leader recognises that continually lambasting him isn’t resolving the issue, and tries a different method. Also, if he’s doing so poorly, why keep picking him? Lennon chose to stop doing press conferences. Lennon chose how he engaged with his players. The board, LD, and the back room team didn’t do any of those things. He needs to own that. There blame on both sides.

IngolstadtHarry
03-02-2019, 08:18 PM

:top marks

McD
03-02-2019, 08:19 PM
That crossed my mind when I read about ‘raving’ and ‘Messiahs’. I’ve got to say that, for what it’s worth, I am genuinely taken aback at the anti LD feelings being expressed on this board.

Totally agree mate

Sioux
03-02-2019, 08:21 PM

Are you a yam?

esjorto
03-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Agree completely.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2019, 08:24 PM

Punctuation man, for ****s sake.

She got rid of Butcher in seconds. We have not looked back since.

Michael
03-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Are you a yam?

It's like a school playground

Onion
03-02-2019, 08:31 PM
IMO the next 12 months and in particular the quality of LD's next manager appointment will be the acid test for how good/ambitious she really is. She took a massive gamble with Lennon and it paid off if measured simply by crowd sizes at ER. It was almost inevitably going to end in tears.

LD has been much less visible since Lennon joined Hibs but that's hardly surprising. I'd like to see her come to the fore again as she was when she first arrived, with ideas, plans, fan engagement and energy.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 08:31 PM
It's like a school playground

Is it not more like a sweet potato?

Kojock
03-02-2019, 08:35 PM
She was the CEO when we won the Scottish Cup and the championship, she appointed the managers and supported them. She has to my first hand knowledge began and supported the reconciliation of the club with its support and the wider community. Does this answer your question.

She was also the CEO when we didn’t win promotion. She sacked our manager after he won us the Scottish cup. If you think the board and the fans are reconciled then you’ve been asleep for the last couple of months.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 08:36 PM
She was also the CEO when we didn’t win promotion. She sacked our manager after he won us the Scottish cup. If you think the board and the fans are reconciled then you’ve been asleep for the last couple of months.

She didn't sack Stubbs.

And she was CEO when we were promoted as well. And for our highest points total etc.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2019, 08:38 PM
She has been excellent for us But you are only as good as your next appointment And given where we now are her next decision on the new manager is crucial to continue to keep fans on board and drive the club forward Bottom six is not where we should be
Have every faith in her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sioux
03-02-2019, 08:41 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Kojock
03-02-2019, 08:43 PM
She didn't sack Stubbs.

And she was CEO when we were promoted as well. And for our highest points total etc.

Aye, whatever, he was forced out, if you think he was desperate to leave Hibs for Rotherham then speak to Stubbs.
We were promoted from the championship beacause Rangers and Hearts were no longer there.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2019, 08:44 PM

Did you not ask for her achievements?

Look at it in as basic a way as we could: she runs a company. Not everything has been perfect, mistakes made in places, but interest in her company and customer approval has (had) never been higher.

Ergo she's been a pretty good CEO.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Aye, whatever, he was forced out, if you think he was desperate to leave Hibs for Rotherham then speak to Stubbs.
We were promoted from the championship beacause Rangers and Hearts were no longer there.

So what, she phoned up Rotherham and asked them to take our manager? Stubbs is on record as saying he regrets deciding to leave and wants to come back. He said just a few days ago that he had a great relationship with Dempster.

We were promoted because we had more points than anyone else in the league.

Is this one of those debates where we're only allowed to blame for bad stuff but not give credit for good stuff?

Bishop Hibee
03-02-2019, 08:51 PM
She’s been a good Chief Exec but the love in is OTT in my opinion.

Jim44
03-02-2019, 08:54 PM

That’s an over-emotive statement and factually wrong. I could easily counter your statement by saying that ‘in the Cup Final, we were only a header away from drawing the match, with the possible possibility of going on to lose yet another Cup opportunity, and let’s not forget that Stubbs was taking us nowhere in the league, so don’t make out that she got rid of a winner. By the way, Stubbs wasn’t sacked by LD, he walked away. Bad decision, but honestly admitted by Stubbs and while we’re at it, good enough for me to give the guy another chance.

Wee Effen Bee

Sounds like you already charge her with costing us this mythological six figure sum. Can you provide evidence of this and the other charge where the board forced Lennon to accept ‘guff’ signings. Maybe tell us which were Lennon’s and which were specifically the board’s?

Dalkeith Boy
I was back in Scotland in 2016 and visited Easter Road to buy an East Stand stone in memory of my brother Matthew. I was leaving the building when Leeann happened to be passing by. There was no need for her to even acknowledge my presence, but when she saw a "stranger" in the building she went out of her way to introduce herself and say Hello. She proceeded to spend about 10 mins of her time chatting and listening to this "old Hibee". She was fully focused in our conversation. I can tell you that she was as genuine as they come and I was left with a smile on my face and a tremendous amount of respect for this lady.

I remember reading a long time ago when she joined Hibs, someone posted that she was our best signing at that time....I wholeheartedly agree and I for one hope that she remains with us for years to come

hibs4life

Indeed. Not seeing much in the arguments against LD that really stack up for me. Quite happy to have her at the helm just now.

MWHIBBIES
Stubbs wasn't sacked, he moved to Rotherham and Hibs didn't really object because he'd failed to get us up and there was the personal stuff that we can't speak about on here.

Slateford Hibee
03-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Great post, she has been at the heart of every step forward we have taken. Hope she continues for years to come.

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2019, 09:01 PM

This!

Lewiehas2
03-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Gave us the 4 best years at Hibs in a long time, won the cup but she’s not improved the catering...

Shrekko
03-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Don’t know if it was homophobic, hence my own ‘?’, (maybe you didn’t see that). As I can’t remember him verbally assaulting any other CEO, male or otherwise, my logic suggests it may have been sexist or worse, homophobic.

What a load of embarrassing rubbish.

Sutton criticises everyone and everything. Are you suggesting Leeann should be immune from criticism because of her gender or sexuality? Both are utterly irrelevant and I think it highly unlikely Sutton gave them a second thought.

The media in general have been very positive towards Leeann and to suggest otherwise is paranoia.

The Modfather
03-02-2019, 09:05 PM

I preferred your posts when you were pretending to be the actual Tony Rougier 😂

IngolstadtHarry
03-02-2019, 09:08 PM
The golden rule on this site seems to be 'We have to support the board'.
Break this rule and you risk being shouted down or receiving attention from the admins.

I'm glad to see that a few dissidents are making their voices heard - even though that usually seems to lay oneself open to accusations of everything from 'undermining the club' to being a yam in disguise.
Every single press commentator who has dared to criticise the board's handling of this crisis has been slated and accused of being part of some anti-Hibs conspiracy or else one of Lennon's 'buddies'.
Surely this long list of commentators from different backgrounds can't all be in cahoots with each other in a pre-arranged campaign, when they criticise how the board have handled this matter.

Aside from the handling of the PR side, there is the question of the wisdom behind dispensing with Lennon's services at this most crucial point in the season.
So, we were having a bad run - we've had much worse runs.
Lennon is a hothead who tends to let his emotions out - well, we knew that long before he joined us.
One thing is for sure, we would never have gone down under Lennon - even if it had necessitated him getting his boots back on.

Unfortunately, the best football that Hibs have produced for a generation wasn't enough to save Lennon's skin and now we see, even on this very thread, the preposterous claims that the promotion, the 4th position, the record points total and the season ticket sales were all down to LD - Lennon is left simply to take the blame for the bad league run this season.

Those of us who have been around for the last 20 years will have seen all of this before. Deja vu all over again, as some wit once said.
I remember the sell-off of Hibs' golden generation and how many on this site were proud of the actions of 'The Tache' as they used to call him obsequiously. How they lauded his unwillingness to invest in the team and his iron-grip on the 'biscuit box'. They threw around financial terms which they barely understood - originating in sound bytes from the board - like 'ring-fencing of funds'.
They had a mis-placed religious-like faith in the Tache to rescue us from all problems
In the end, only when a critical mass of fans realised that we were going down the tubes under Petry, was he forced to take more of a backseat position, out of the line of fire.

It's difficult to ascertain exactly what went on behind the scenes but what is almost certain is that the Lennon crisis has cost the club financially and reputation-wise.

Some of the much-quoted press commentators probably do have a grudge against Hibs in general, but can all the critics be wrong? Even figures such as Strachan and Irvine Welsh?
Maybe it's time to take the blinkers off.

JimBHibees
03-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Europe twice
Scottish Cup win
Promotion as champions
Highest points total in years
Filled the team with internationals
Development team won the double
Record season ticket sales

But yeah, she mucked up loyalty points so let's ignore all that.

But apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us. :greengrin

Don't get the criticism to be honest very weird.

Kojock
03-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Gave us the 4 best years at Hibs in a long time, won the cup but she’s not improved the catering...

Got promoted at the third time of asking, should’ve finished second but ended fourth. Now languishing in the bottom six, no manager and no sign of LD.

GreenOnions
03-02-2019, 09:12 PM

Ha, ha :-)

matty_f
03-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Break this rule and you risk being shouted down or receiving attention from the admins.

I'm glad to see that a few dissidents are making their voices heard - even though that usually seems to lay oneself open to accusations of everything from 'undermining the club' to being a yam in disguise.
Every single press commentator who has dared to criticise the board's handling of this crisis has been slated and accused of being part of some anti-Hibs conspiracy or else one of Lennon's 'buddies'.
Surely this long list of commentators from different backgrounds can't all be in cahoots with each other in a pre-arranged campaign, when they criticise how the board have handled this matter.

Aside from the handling of the PR side, there is the question of the wisdom behind dispensing with Lennon's services at this most crucial point in the season.
Lennon is a hothead who tends to let his emotions out - well, we knew that long before he joined us.
One thing is for sure, we would never have gone down under Lennon - even if it had necessitated him getting his boots back on.

Unfortunately, the best football that Hibs have produced for a generation wasn't enough to save Lennon's skin and now we see, even on this very thread, the preposterous claims that the promotion, the 4th position, the record points total and the season ticket sales were all down to LD - Lennon is left simply to take the blame for the bad league run this season.

Those of us who have been around for the last 20 years will have seen all of this before. Deja vu all over again, as some wit once said.
I remember the sell-off of Hibs' golden generation and how many on this site were proud of the actions of 'The Tache' as they used to call him obsequiously. How they lauded his unwillingness to invest in the team and his iron-grip on the 'biscuit box'. They threw around financial terms which they barely understood - originating in sound bytes from the board - like 'ring-fencing of funds'.
They had a mis-placed religious-like faith in the Tache to rescue us from all problems
In the end, only when a critical mass of fans realised that we were going down the tubes under Petry, was he forced to take more of a backseat position, out of the line of fire.

It's difficult to ascertain exactly what went on behind the scenes but what is almost certain is that the Lennon crisis has cost the club financially and reputation-wise.

Some of the much-quoted press commentators probably do have a grudge against Hibs in general, but can all the critics be wrong? Even figures such as Strachan and Irvine Welsh?

Folk can (and do, regularly)! criticise the board and the club on here.

The admins allow it, some even agree with it.

I don't agree with a lot of the posts, and so I'll discuss them. I am not sitting anyone down, the same as if I post something that everyone else disagrees with doesn't make me feel like I've been shouted down.

If I had one wish for this site, it would be to have people realise that just because people have a different view, it doesn't mean they're saying to can't express yours.

The whole point of a forum is for discussion. You might think Marciano is not a good keeper, if most other people don't agree then they're going to tell you.

That's how debate and discussion works.

Folk keep saying you're not allowed to criticise the board on here, yet the very fact there's a conversation about it on this very thread shows that to be absolute bull.

What they mean to say is "I want to criticise the board and I'm a bit upset that everyone hasn't given me a big pat on the back for it".

****ing ridiculous accusation that didn't stand up to even the smallest bit of scrutiny.

The Modfather
03-02-2019, 09:18 PM

It is certainly a bit ironic that you talk about only a one sided view of the board being allowed on here when you yourself have such a blinkered view of Lennon. I’ve yet to see you entertain any criticisims of Lennon or judge his time at Hibs objectively in the many, many threads you have posted about Lennon.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 09:21 PM
She’s been a good Chief Exec but the love in is OTT in my opinion.

There's a few posts that are maybe a bit over the top, but to describe it as a love-in is in itself, OTT.

Jim44
03-02-2019, 09:21 PM
What a load of embarrassing rubbish.

Sutton criticises everyone and everything. Are you suggesting Leeann should be immune from criticism because of her gender or sexuality? Both are utterly irrelevant and I think it highly unlikely Sutton gave them a second thought.

The media in general have been very positive towards Leeann and to suggest otherwise is paranoia.

Who’s embarrassed, not me. If you are, I’m sure you’ll get over it. I agree with your last statement but I don’t think I ever paranoiacaly suggested that the media in general have been other than positive towards LD, and it reinforces my questioning Sutton’s unacceptable outburst about her.

IngolstadtHarry
03-02-2019, 09:23 PM
It is certainly a bit ironic that you talk about only a one sided view of the board being allowed on here when you yourself have such a blinkered view of Lennon. I’ve yet to see you entertain any criticisims of Lennon or judge his time at Hibs objectively in the many, many threads you have posted about Lennon.

I alluded to one of Lennon's negative aspects in that very post but perhaps you weren't able to understand it.
Feel free to ask me to explain any difficult words.

The Harp Awakes
03-02-2019, 09:29 PM

Exactly how I feel. It is inexplicable that the Club didn't express public solidarity to their Manager after he called out the sectarian abuse he constantly experiences. A statement in support of NL deploring all forms of racist and sectarian abuse is all that was required. I suspect the Club's silence on the matter was when the wheels started to come off the cart in the relationship between LD and NL.

LD when she arrived at Hibs was like a breath of fresh air and for 2 to 3 years she did brilliantly turning the Club around and building the relationship with the supporters. More recently though, I feel she has not been as prominent and things appear to be going stale. I do not think the Board made the correct decision rejecting the call for a public enquiry into the Rangers/EBT scandal and I'm not convinced they have handled the NL bust up well. I do agree however we need to move on.

The Board have a big call to make on the Managerial appointment and the pressure is very much on them to get it right. Their last 2 choices were good so hopefully the next one will be too.

cam2644
03-02-2019, 09:30 PM
For Leeann Dempster read Theresa May.[/QUOTE

That really is an insult. TM has taken the wrong road at every junction she has come to. Leeann has a good sense of direction and has added greatly to the club.

ferry hibby
03-02-2019, 09:31 PM
If we had gone through a protracted process about removing Lennon from his post would this not also prevented us from signing a new manager. His side could have argued that we were not giving him a fair hearing and had already made up our mind on the outcome leaving us with no option but to pay compensation

IngolstadtHarry
03-02-2019, 09:33 PM
If we had gone through a protracted process about removing Lennon from his post would this not also prevented us from signing a new manager. His side could have argued that we were not giving him a fair hearing and had already made up our mind on the outcome leaving us with no option but to pay compensation

Yes, but that's what we term justice and fairness.
We weren't.
We had.
We had to anyway

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Folk can (and do, regularly)! criticise the board and the club on here.

The admins allow it, some even agree with it.

I don't agree with a lot of the posts, and so I'll discuss them. I am not sitting anyone down, the same as if I post something that everyone else disagrees with doesn't make me feel like I've been shouted down.

If I had one wish for this site, it would be to have people realise that just because people have a different view, it doesn't mean they're saying to can't express yours.

The whole point of a forum is for discussion. You might think Marciano is not a good keeper, if most other people don't agree then they're going to tell you.

That's how debate and discussion works.

Folk keep saying you're not allowed to criticise the board on here, yet the very fact there's a conversation about it on this very thread shows that to be absolute bull.

What they mean to say is "I want to criticise the board and I'm a bit upset that everyone hasn't given me a big pat on the back for it".

****ing ridiculous accusation that didn't stand up to even the smallest bit of scrutiny.
Matty,to be fair you should be calling the folk out who resort to calling ppl yams and jambos! thats the real ridiculous accusations.its disrespectful to ppl.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Matty,to be fair you should be calling the folk out who resort to calling ppl yams and jambos! thats the real ridiculous accusations.its disrespectful to ppl.

It is, yep. No argument, people shouldn't be calling folk yams.

I should call out both.

The Modfather
03-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I alluded to one of Lennon's negative aspects in that very post but perhaps you weren't able to understand it.
Feel free to ask me to explain any difficult words.

I’d ask you to explain what a “sound byte” was, but there’s no sense in turning this into a petty tit for tat.

I was making a general point about your many posts on Lennon and what I see as a lack of any meaningful objectivity (and I still don’t see much objectivity in your post when you re-cap Lennon’ tenure. Set against all his achievements is that “he can be a bit of a hot head”) set against your complaints that any board criticisms are not allowed.

tonyrougier123
03-02-2019, 09:40 PM
It is, yep. No argument.

Do you?

The Harp
03-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Hope Leeann stays in her post for years to come. She's been a breath of fresh air since she walked in the door at Hibs imo. The positives of her reign as CEO far outweigh any negatives. As for NL's departure, we'll never get the actual story of what happened now that an agreement has been reached, so it's pointless to speculate.

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2019, 09:42 PM
This place is rife with yams tonight. Not difficult to spot.

Tornadoes70
03-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Exactly how I feel. It is inexplicable that the Club didn't express public solidarity to their Manager after he called out the sectarian abuse he constantly experiences. A statement in support of NL deploring all forms of racist and sectarian abuse is all that was required. I suspect the Club's silence on the matter was when the wheels started to come off the cart in the relationship between LD and NL.

LD when she arrived at Hibs was like a breath of fresh air and for 2 to 3 years she did brilliantly turning the Club around and building the relationship with the supporters. More recently though, I feel she has not been as prominent and things appear to be going stale. I do not think the Board made the correct decision rejecting the call for a public enquiry into the Rangers/EBT scandal and I'm not convinced they have handled the NL bust up well. I do agree however we need to move on.

The Board have a big call to make on the Managerial appointment and the pressure is very much on them to get it right. Their last 2 choices were good so hopefully the next one will be too.

There will be proper channels and processes at the appropriate bodies to raise issues as per the one you highlight. Clubs could easily engage in tit for tat and proffer statements every other week regarding exaggerated perceived ones. I'd be very surprised if the board didn't raise the matter to both Hearts and the governing body which would be the correct procedure.

Shrekko
03-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Who’s embarrassed, not me. If you are, I’m sure you’ll get over it. I agree with your last statement but I don’t think I ever paranoiacaly suggested that the media in general have been other than positive towards LD, and it reinforces my questioning Sutton’s unacceptable outburst about her.

Sutton criticises everyone. He has definitely criticised other club officials in the past.

If people genuinely want equality we need to stop this line of thinking. I’d rather Sutton had his stupid wee rant than backed off because she’s female or whatever.

Kojock
03-02-2019, 09:53 PM

Well Yam spotter can you point them out to us lesser mortals.

Hiber-nation
03-02-2019, 10:06 PM

Nah I don't think so.

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Well Yam spotter can you point them out to us lesser mortals.

I'd feel all dirty if I had to. It's honestly not that difficult. Even asking me to do so feels a little odd.

son of haggart
03-02-2019, 10:12 PM
It is, yep. No argument, people shouldn't be calling folk yams.

I should call out both.

Glad to hear, I look forward to respectful 'Hearts supporter' usage in future

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2019, 10:14 PM

You've been here too long to expect that :))))

Hibbyradge
03-02-2019, 10:18 PM

Scott, have you been at the cognac again?

Signed an aids ridden, dock siding, fenian junkie vermin.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 10:28 PM

You can **** right off ya yam fud. :greengrin

son of haggart
03-02-2019, 10:29 PM

Signed an aids ridden, dock siding, fenian junkie vermin.

Can't afford Cognac any more now I've retired, Dave. Drink some other liqueur made by English Monks, but for some reason I forget the name of it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38845000/jpg/_38845633_rab203.jpg

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 10:30 PM
I have the highest respect for Neil Lennon

I have the utmost respect for Leeann Dempster

First of all I am a Hibernian Football Club supporter

This whole affair has had too many grey areas

Until someone comes out and tells us truthfully exactly what happened with the facts in black and white I will continue to keep an open mind

Neil Lennon has gone and we move on

It will be interesting to see how long Leeann Dempster remains in situ

As others have said her next appointment has got to be the real deal

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
03-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Can't afford Cognac any more now I've retired, Dave. Drink some other liqueur made by English Monks, but for some reason I forget the name of it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38845000/jpg/_38845633_rab203.jpg

I thought you'd moved back to god's own country?

Surely you're on Lannie and cheap voddie by now? You must be if you're still getting your cheapies by posting on here! :wink:

c31
03-02-2019, 10:40 PM
I would like to hear from George Craig as he’s head of football operations, seems to be awful quiet from the football boss. Maybe he was involved, maybe not, but as head of operations he doesn’t have much to say.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2019, 10:44 PM
But apart from that what did the Romans ever do for us. :greengrin

Don't get the criticism to be honest very weird.

You forgot we got to two Cup Finals in the same season as Championship ClubDoubt That will be repeated anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
03-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Nobody is saying you have to support the board.
Folk are however calling out posters who are making **** up to suit their agenda.

Also - nobody is getting attention from the admins for criticising the board.
If anyone is getting attention it's because they step over a line into abuse or because they're a trolling twat.

If you enjoy paranoia that much and want it backed up by others you might find Kerrydale Street more to your liking.

Vini1875
03-02-2019, 10:55 PM
I don't think Lennie or Leeann come out this looking very good. Clearly something has failed in the relationship and if there was to be a parting of the ways then it might have done a bit cleaner than it was. For example with the mutual consent and "I've taken the club as far as I can" speil. No one believes the statement from the board.

I have some issues with both Leeann and Lennie, but I had a lot of respect for both, this affair has dented that view. Supporting a club is as much about perceptions as it is about the reality of the club, to my perception the club has treated the fans like mushrooms.

son of haggart
03-02-2019, 11:05 PM
I thought you'd moved back to god's own country?

Surely you're on Lannie and cheap voddie by now? You must be if you're still getting your cheapies by posting on here! :wink:

As you you should be aware Buckfast, the preferred drink of Rab C. is a local favourite up here in the highlands and is imported from those nice English monks

One Day Soon
03-02-2019, 11:15 PM
If this thread was a person it would be locked up.

I can't believe some of the things being posted at the moment about both Leanne and Neil - and Alan Stubbs. With ups and downs we have nevertheless had just about the most enjoyable period supporting our club that most of us can remember.

Maybe that's about to continue and we should look forward rather than back.

McD
03-02-2019, 11:17 PM
Got promoted at the third time of asking, should’ve finished second but ended fourth. Now languishing in the bottom six, no manager and no sign of LD.

Got promoted at the third time of asking: surely that’s on the head coach? You accused LD of sacking Stubbs earlier on the thread (which has been quickly debunked), but he failed twice to get promoted.

shouldve finished second but ended fourth: again, surely this is the responsibility of the head coach? Or as you saying LD changed the formation and selection that had us flying when we went to Tynecastle?

languishing in the bottom six: didn’t she employ a head coach charged with getting us as high in the league as possible?

To summarise, in your eyes she gets no credit for the cup win, promotion, record points or Europe, but gets all the blame for not getting promoted quicker, not finishing second and being poor in the league this season. Seems a really balanced view of the world you have.

basehibby
03-02-2019, 11:57 PM

Absolute PANTS ON FIRE.

Dempster is not beyond criticism by any means - but you are making a complete arse of yourself here mate. Making up enormous porkies like that is not only not very nice but renders the rest of your argument (such as it is) to the status of slavering gibberish.

The most significant part of Dempster's job is appointing the head coach and she has done an excellent job of that to date with the appointments of Stubbs and Lennon. I will watch with interest in the hope that this trend continues - and assuming it does, her job will be cast iron safe in my book - regardless of Loyalty Point schemes or the lack thereof or the varying quality of Easter Road pies.

basehibby
04-02-2019, 12:07 AM

As it happens the catering HAS improved.

Despite increased attendances, these days I can watch the 1st half in it's entirety, stroll down the stairs, have a pish and still be confident of queuing up and purchasing a pie and being back in my seat for the 2nd half. This was NOT always the case and anyone who says it is has an extremely flakey memory. This significant improvement in service has occurred over the last few years so LD can claim some responsibility for it as well as two excellent managerial appointments {OK the pies could still be cooked better and we always run out of brown sauce - but that's another matter :wink:}

basehibby
04-02-2019, 12:22 AM

:faf: aye that'll be right - "sweet potato" or "root vegetable" is about as respectful and formal as yer likely to get - be happy!

eastcoasthibby
04-02-2019, 12:27 AM
LD gets my vote any day and I dont need to wait and see what else comes out she is a professional CEO and has done a tremendous job since coming to Hibs Lennon was a challenge to manage no doubt, but I have every confidence that LD and Hibs have dealt with this situation fairly and justly, anyone calling out with concerns about LD needs to have serious look at the overall picture of where our club has come from since she came into the job, great progress and more to come. ..keep up the goodwork ..Sutton is a gobsh£te who is backing his buddy and able to shoot his mouth of with no challenge, but his time will come., someone will question him !!

Greenworld
04-02-2019, 07:47 AM
LD has only one fault of late for me and that's communication.
The club really turned a corner on that front but in the last 3 months or so have slipped back into radio silence.
It's not great I
And I'm not sure of the reason for it however it looks and feels like Rod couldn't leave things alone .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Brizo
04-02-2019, 08:39 AM
LD has done a great job in taking this club on an upward trajectory since she arrived. Her managerial appointments have been inspired, results on the pitch speak for themselves and she worked very well to re-engage the fans with a club who previously often treated us with disdain.

I say worked because I detect a definite downturn in her engagement with us. Communication has deteriorated greatly and by that I mean general communication on general club issues (not the Lennon affair which the club are quite right and no doubt legally bound to keep radio silence). As someone who remembers Tom Hart I would also like to have seen her fight our corner more publicly ie fans treatment at Ibrox. However unlike Tom Hart she is first and foremost a business women and not a Hibs fan, which can be a plus but also a minus.

For LD Hibs are a job and she has done a very good job. In a time of uncertainty I think she needs to do what she did when she first arrived and engage with the fans more regularly than she has been doing, to rebuild the feel good factor. I am concerned that her recent low profile might be indicative of her losing some motivation and her considering moving on, hopefully not.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2019, 08:55 AM

Also made a right James Hunt of moving singing section & had no loyalty to the fans that sat in those seats for years.
Also the carry on with the FF upper lift, basically told my dad who had the same seat since stand opened, who was also not fit enough to now climb the stairs. "Tough"
Also with no consultation.

When the going gets tough the tough disappears.

hibsbollah
04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Also made a right James Hunt of moving singing section & had no loyalty to the fans that sat in those seats for years.
Also the carry on with the FF upper lift, basically told my dad who had the same seat since stand opened, who was also not fit enough to now climb the stairs. "Tough"

Just because you have sat in a particular seat for years, it doesn't mean you get that seat for perpetuity:confused: You can argue the singing section move has been a mistake, but this argument that it's somehow against your dad's human rights to be asked to move seats for the greater good of creating a better atmosphere....It's daft.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2019, 09:15 AM

Agree the singing section should be moved back to the East

All you see from my position West Lower South are all these wee radges bouncing up and down doing the pogo in a silent disco

We need to bring back the atmosphere they need to interact more with our supporters and be closer to the opposition fans to wynd them up in a nice way. :greengrin

Perhaps this is an issue for another thread

Bostonhibby
04-02-2019, 09:37 AM

Signed an aids ridden, dock siding, fenian junkie vermin.And seconded by this "taig" whatever that is[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
04-02-2019, 09:37 AM

You don't know any more about what led up to all of this than anyone else and are just expressing an opinion that you portray as fact. I am not in any way ITK but I can't picture a scenario where NL is handed batches of players and told "this is what you are getting - start coaching" but I don't think we will ever know the full story as both sides would see things differently and it would depend on whose autobiography you are eventually reading.
By all means have/give an opinion but be clear that who said/did what or who got paid what is pure guesswork. One thing I strongly believe is that no-one gets suspended for a triviality. It does not mean there is any substance in an allegation, just that an allegation has been made and has to be looked into. These suspensions happen in all types of employment and help diffuse the situation while the investigation is being carried out.

I don't say who is right or who is wrong because, like you, I really don't know.

Lago
04-02-2019, 10:09 AM
And yet another player, in this case Rocky, comes out in support of Lennon, " one of the best I've worked with, I really enjoyed working with him"
Some day it will all come out in the wash.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 10:20 AM
And yet another player, in this case Rocky, comes out in support of Lennon, " one of the best I've worked with, I really enjoyed working with him"

He was a good manager. Unlike a number on here who were calling for his dismissal, I wanted him to stay as I thought he'd get us back on the right track after the transfer window.

Unfortunately, he did something which the club couldn't tolerate and we know the rest.

It's a real pity, imo, but he is a hothead and his temperament has got him into trouble many times before, both within football and without.

Being good at your job doesn't give you impunity if you break the rules.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2019, 10:21 AM
The club really turned a corner on that front but in the last 3 months or so have slipped back into radio silence.
It's not great I
And I'm not sure of the reason for it however it looks and feels like Rod couldn't leave things alone .

I agree, not so sure about the last sentence though.

easty
04-02-2019, 10:27 AM
It's not great I

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What's that based on?

GreenOnions
04-02-2019, 10:29 AM

I don't think there are many on this board who think that Neil Lennon isn't a good coach. Even those who feel that it was right to let him move on mostly seem to say that his was an excellent appointment that they don't regret. So I don't think that's the issue here. Although I can't help but wonder why comments from those who are less supportive of NL (eg Danny Swanson) don't seem to get quite the same coverage in the media :hmmm:

The issue is did Leeann Dempster deal correctly with the situation that developed. My main point in the OP was that there really is insufficient information available for anyone to make a proper assessment. However - despite this - the media are full of criticism of our Chief Executive.

I wanted to suggest that she deserves our support. I also wanted to put forward the argument that it is perfectly feasible and, IMO, quite likely that the actual outcome resulted from LD acting in exactly the proper way.

The Leith Dutch
04-02-2019, 10:40 AM
What's that based on?

The "Rod being involved stuff" doesn't need any basis apparently.

Our current CEO, despite having what on the face of it appears to be a strong career transforming how football clubs are run, it seems is happy to have a sham job where she's little more than a puppet for the mustachioed Gepetto due to some people not liking aspects of how Rod ran the club previously.

Peevemor
04-02-2019, 10:45 AM

Our current CEO, despite having what on the face of it appears to be a strong career transforming how football clubs are run, it seems is happy to have a sham job where she's little more than a puppet for the mustachioed Gepetto due to some people not liking aspects of how Rod ran the club previously.

... without really knowing how Rod ran the club previously.

Barney McGrew
04-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Break this rule and you risk being shouted down or receiving attention from the admins .

I’d ask you give some proof that that’s the case, but I’ll save you the time.

No-one has EVER been warned, banned or ‘received attention’ from the admins on this site for not supporting the board or having an opinion against them. People have got that for either breaking the rules of this site or making completely unfounded or false claims about other posters, including admins.

Maybe one to consider if you’d like to keep being able to post on here.

DarlingtonHibee
04-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Real class.

Didn't realise we had so many experienced ceo who have ran a professional club.

GreenOnions
04-02-2019, 10:57 AM
... without really knowing how Rod ran the club previously.

Indeed - wouldn't it have been so much better if Rod hadn't been so unreasonable and had let Brown and Thomson go to the Old Firm for £1m each in 2006?

I seem to recall keyboard warrior Keith Jackson insisting on a nightly basis on Real Radio at the time that, by refusing to accept these bids, Rod was frustrating the ambitions of these two wee laddies and being "difficult to deal with".

These were critical decisions for Hibernian Football Club. I'm sure Rod himself would consider he's made mistakes but I'm glad we have Chief Execs that stand up for our club

DarlingtonHibee
04-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Indeed - wouldn't it have been so much better if Rod hadn't been so unreasonable and had let Brown and Thomson go to the Old Firm for £1m each in 2006?

I seem to recall keyboard warrior Keith Jackson insisting on a nightly basis on Real Radio at the time that, by refusing to accept these bids, Rod was frustrating the ambitions of these two wee laddies and being "difficult to deal with".

These were critical decisions for Hibernian Football Club. I'm sure Rod himself would consider he's made mistakes but I'm glad we have Chief Execs that stand up for our club

This

easty
04-02-2019, 10:59 AM

It's funny, we won the Scottish and folk were happy to give LD praise for her part in it, Petrie didn't get any the credit. Then things don't run so smoothly and all of a sudden it's "I've got no justification or info, but Petrie must be involved in this".

ronaldo7
04-02-2019, 11:01 AM
There's a few posts that are maybe a bit over the top, but to describe it as a love-in is in itself, OTT.

If you can't see the love in that's been going on for a while, you've not been watching.

Some folk were even talking about starting songs about her FFS.

She came in, did a great job, and has, herself, admitted she's taken the eye off the ball, recently.

She's built up a nice wee group around her, at ER, and thought herself untouchable.

Her and Neil were always going to fall out over something. I didn't think she was so thin skinned though.

Hibiza
04-02-2019, 11:01 AM

top class :top marks

CockneyRebel
04-02-2019, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Lago;5696778]And yet another player, in this case Rocky, comes out in support of Lennon, " one of the best I've worked with, I really enjoyed working with him"

This is just the press trying to keep the story running ffs. There will be quotes like this for days and they don't mean much on their own.
Rocky wasn't slagged off in public though was he? He didn't give an opinion on why NL was suspended either so we don't know how he felt about that.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the truth, it could be quite some time before an autobiography comes out.

The Modfather
04-02-2019, 11:18 AM

My recollection was that Collins was every bit as instrumental as Petrie was in making sure we got the true market value for Brown & Thomson.

Petrie did a good job getting the debt down (I won’t be too critical in his part in building it up in the first place as that was the boom in Scottish football all clubs thought wouldn’t end) and building the training ground and finishing the stadium. I would argue that was the easy part after the windfall we received from the golden generation, but there can’t be any argument that the playing side of the club was an utter shambles culminating in relegation. IMO, although it was far too long over due, he gets credit for admitting he wasn’t up to the job and bringing Dempster in to sort his mess. If he had left then, in time I might have been able to look at his tenure more favourably. As it is I view, loosely, his first half in charge as good in the main, second half abysmal in the main.

matty_f
04-02-2019, 11:24 AM
If you can't see the love in that's been going on for a while, you've not been watching.

Some folk were even talking about starting songs about her FFS.

She came in, did a great job, and has, herself, admitted she's taken the eye off the ball, recently.

She's built up a nice wee group around her, at ER, and thought herself untouchable.

Her and Neil were always going to fall out over something. I didn't think she was so thin skinned though.

I think there's a handful of folk who have gone overboard with it, but not enough to represent a love-in, and certainly not after the initial honeymoon period.

There's more of a mixed bag now, some folk still think that she's done/doing a great job, and others are quite critical, and some are in-between.

I think after we won the cup or got promoted you'd have more evidence to support claims of a love-in, but not now.

CockneyRebel
04-02-2019, 11:24 AM
I don't think there are many on this board who think that Neil Lennon isn't a good coach. Even those who feel that it was right to let him move on mostly seem to say that his was an excellent appointment that they don't regret. So I don't think that's the issue here. Although I can't help but wonder why comments from those who are less supportive of NL (eg Danny Swanson) don't seem to get quite the same coverage in the media :hmmm:

The issue is did Leeann Dempster deal correctly with the situation that developed. My main point in the OP was that there really is insufficient information available for anyone to make a proper assessment. However - despite this - the media are full of criticism of our Chief Executive.

I wanted to suggest that she deserves our support. I also wanted to put forward the argument that it is perfectly feasible and, IMO, quite likely that the actual outcome resulted from LD acting in exactly the proper way.

That's my consensus after reading through the posts.
Plenty of folk with no inside knowledge backing NL regardless yet calling out LD supporters for the same thing. There really is not enough info for opinions never mind arguments.

matty_f
04-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Plenty of folk with no inside knowledge backing NL regardless yet calling out LD supporters for the same thing. There really is not enough info for opinions never mind arguments.

I think Lennon's an excellent manager and overall did very well here. I would have liked him to have stayed but clearly something happened that couldn't be tolerated - that's life.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 11:28 AM

That's not like you, Ronnie. That's just a spiteful insult which is impossible to prove either way. It's very unfair, but it'll stick with the people who want to attack her.

If you're talking about the personal insult which NL is rumoured to have thrown at LD, then the thickness of her skin is irrelevant.

No-one can be excused for verbally abusing another person, not to mention the boss.

If that's not what you're referring to, please clarify your remark.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Just because you have sat in a particular seat for years, it doesn't mean you get that seat for perpetuity:confused: You can argue the singing section move has been a mistake, but this argument that it's somehow against your dad's human rights to be asked to move seats for the greater good of creating a better atmosphere....It's daft.

Read my post. I said my dad had to move as he could not climb the stairs & had to use the lift. At no point did I say he had to move because of the singing section.

No your right he has no God given right to own that seat.
Here we had a supporter who for 70 plus years followed Hibs.
Before he sadly passed away he had missed a handful of games home & away for 30 years. As said he sat in the same seat for however long the stand was built.
Without consultation he was asked to move seats, but not only him but the 4 members of family who he purchased season tickets for. He had built up a rapport with the fans beside him. He was then asked to move to a less favourable part of the stadium as it was very difficult to get 4 seats together anywhere in the stadium. And you think that is fair. Obviously you weren't affected by any of this.

Liberal Hibby
04-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Where has she said that?

SON OF PADDY
04-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Excellent post mate. 👏👏👏

ronaldo7
04-02-2019, 11:44 AM
That's not like you, Ronnie. That's just a spiteful insult which is impossible to prove either way. It's very unfair, but it'll stick with the people who want to attack her.

If you're talking about the personal insult which NL is rumoured to have thrown at LD, then the thickness of her skin is irrelevant.

No-one can be excused for verbally abusing another person, not to mention the boss.

If that's not what you're referring to, please clarify your remark.

I'm not attacking her, Dave. I only have to keep an eye on who's coming and going at our club, and speak to those leaving to see what's been happening.

Fwiw, I understand that CEO's will want their "own people", behind the scenes, it's what happens in business.

Whether those leaving, have been forced out, due to the actions of our CEO, only they will know. It's not all rosy, behind the scenes, as some will have you think.

Fwiw, I think she did a decent job at the start of her tenure, she's lost her way in the last wee while. Whether she gets her mojo back, we'll have to wait and see.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 11:52 AM
I'm not attacking her, Dave. I only have to keep an eye on who's coming and going at our club, and speak to those leaving to see what's been happening.

Fwiw, I understand that CEO's will want their "own people", behind the scenes, it's what happens in business.

Whether those leaving, have been forced out, due to the actions of our CEO, only they will know. It's not all rosy, behind the scenes, as some will have you think.

Fwiw, I think she did a decent job at the start of her tenure, she's lost her way in the last wee while. Whether she gets her mojo back, we'll have to wait and see.

Who was forced out? I have no knowledge of that happening, but if they have been moved on against their will, they're not really the best people to ask about what it's like behind the scenes.

I doubt any business, never mind football club, is all rosy
and it'll be easy for anyone with an axe to grind, to slag the club off.

Check out hibsdotnet on Twitter to see the full "a woman scorned" effect! :greengrin

bigwheel
04-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Who was forced out? I have no knowledge of that happening, but if they have been moved on against their will, they're not really the best people to ask about what it's like behind the scenes.

I doubt any business, never mind football club, is all rosy
and it'll be easy for anyone with an axe to grind, to slag the club off.

Check out hibsdotnet on Twitter to see the full "a woman scorned" effect! :greengrin

Gary O’Hagan was certainly moved out in Dempster’s reign. Think there were a couple of others too

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Gary O’Hagan was certainly moved out in Dempster’s reign. Think there were a couple of others too

Yeah, I remember that now.

He seemed to go with good grace at the time, but that may have been for public consumption.

I liked Gary and I wouldn't blame him for feeling bitter if he was pushed out against his will. He was at Hibs for a long time.

As Ronnie says, however, if the CEO want's the people who she thinks are the best for the role, something has to give.

Anyway, I hope we get the new manager in soon so we can stop the navel gazing and start looking forward again.

bigwheel
04-02-2019, 12:21 PM

He seemed to go with good grace at the time, but that may have been for public consumption.

I liked Gary and I wouldn't blame him for feeling bitter if he was pushed out against his will. He was at Hibs for a long time.

As Ronnie says, however, if the CEO want's the people who she thinks are the best for the role, something has to give.

Anyway, I hope we get the new manager in soon so we can stop the navel gazing and start looking forward again.

He wasn’t too happy about it - not sure they got on that well.

As you say though, a new leader should have the right to bring their own team in ...

One advantage Dempster had over most CEOs is that all the commercial deals and infrastructure were already in place before her arrival ..she did though pick up an absolute basket case of a football club mind you - but think it’s fair to note that most CEOs would have a training ground to fund or ground improvements to do (or both) , whereas she could primarily focus on football dept and the community stuff

hibeerealist
04-02-2019, 12:29 PM
My recollection was that Collins was every bit as instrumental as Petrie was in making sure we got the true market value for Brown & Thomson.

Petrie did a good job getting the debt down (I won’t be too critical in his part in building it up in the first place as that was the boom in Scottish football all clubs thought wouldn’t end) and building the training ground and finishing the stadium. I would argue that was the easy part after the windfall we received from the golden generation, but there can’t be any argument that the playing side of the club was an utter shambles culminating in relegation. IMO, although it was far too long over due, he gets credit for admitting he wasn’t up to the job and bringing Dempster in to sort his mess. If he had left then, in time I might have been able to look at his tenure more favourably. As it is I view, loosely, his first half in charge as good in the main, second half abysmal in the main.

Yes JC dug his heels in and said that £2 mill for these two players was vastly undervaluing them. From memory I think he valued them at £3 mill + each.

hibeerealist
04-02-2019, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Barney McGrew;5696807]I’d ask you give some proof that that’s the case, but I’ll save you the time.

No-one has EVER been warned, banned or ‘received attention’ from the admins on this site for not supporting the board or having an opinion against them. People have got that for either breaking the rules of this site or making completely unfounded or false claims about other posters, including admins.

Surprised that you felt it necessary to respond to this as I read the post in full and cannot see what required a "warning, which is what this appears to be" as there has been far harsher, in terms of having a go at the HFC board, posts on this forum over the years.

Has the OP overstepped a mark?

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2019, 12:42 PM

What we know:

Lennon berated players and bemoaned of lack of ambition from Hibs and threatened to walk away. All done in public in May 2018 after gutless loss to Hearts;

Wins 2 out 15 in 18/19, goes into hiding leaving assistant to handle press while continuing to blame players;

Has had more money to spend since McLeish;

Berates players more focussing on younger player. All in public. Hibs players look nervous and every ball like a hot potatoe.

Suspended for all this. Eventually, innocuous mutual consent statements released.

All sorts of rumours about Lennon. All showing Lennon in bad light.

Club say nothing despite all this.

Some fans and media blame Hibs and want the juicy details.

Hibs hold their ground and retain their dignity and try to preserve What is left of NL"s dignity. But some still want the details.

hibsbollah
04-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Read my post. I said my dad had to move as he could not climb the stairs & had to use the lift. At no point did I say he had to move because of the singing section.

No your right he has no God given right to own that seat.
Here we had a supporter who for 70 plus years followed Hibs.
Before he sadly passed away he had missed a handful of games home & away for 30 years. As said he sat in the same seat for however long the stand was built.
Without consultation he was asked to move seats, but not only him but the 4 members of family who he purchased season tickets for. He had built up a rapport with the fans beside him. He was then asked to move to a less favourable part of the stadium as it was very difficult to get 4 seats together anywhere in the stadium. And you think that is fair. Obviously you weren't affected by any of this.

Yes, to be honest I DO think it's fair that sometimes folk have to move to work around the dynamics of the stadium. Although maybe some flexibility could have been built into your case, say by allowing the four to grab seats together when season ticket renewal time comes around. But when attendances are so high at present I guess that's difficult to achieve. I'm very sorry for your loss of your dad.

Barney McGrew
04-02-2019, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Barney McGrew;5696807]I’d ask you give some proof that that’s the case, but I’ll save you the time.

Surprised that you felt it necessary to respond to this as I read the post in full and cannot see what required a "warning, which is what this appears to be" as there has been far harsher, in terms of having a go at the HFC board, posts on this forum over the years.

Has the OP overstepped a mark?

I (and every member of the Admin Team) don’t give a monkeys if people want to have a dig at the board, we’ve been just as forward in doing it on occasion as anyone else on here. It gets to the point where it’s incredibly boring and incredibly frustrating however to have the same accusations thrown at the Admin Team about not allowing anti board posts or sentiment, all of which is entirely without foundation and was exactly what the poster did.

There has of course been thousands of posts of the course of the years made about the Hibs board, which only goes completely against what we got/get accused of. And we’ll continue to let people discuss that topic just as we always have, without intervention unless someone breaks the rules.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2019, 01:42 PM
What I don't get is the enthusiasm in some quarters for vilifying Leeann Dempster on the back of this situation. Because nobody actually knows the full facts its not clear where the blame ( if blame is even appropriate ) lies. On one hand its a strange club indeed that would consider binning a manager just because he shouted at some players. On the other hand no employee, even in the football world, could hope to escape the chop if he called his employer 'a clueless dyke' as some have suggested Lennon did, especially if it was within earshot of other staff members.

The full facts may never be known, especially if both parties have agreed to a gagging order, as it appears they have. That tells me that there is culpability on both sides and the full story being made public would cause embarrassment and damage to reputations all round. I could be wrong, but that's the way it looks.

As for Leeann Dempster herself. You simply have to look at her overall record since she arrived, for sure she has made mistakes, with the HSL loyalty points fiasco being the one that irked me the most, closely followed by the decision to close BTG … whatever did happen to the NHS deal by the way? But in the balance she has far more in the credit column than the debit one. Can anybody argue that since her tenure began the club hasn't improved markedly both on and off the park and especially in its engagement with its supporters and the wider community.

Criticism of Hibs selling our best talent, both historically and in the present day is such a waste of time its not true, we will always do this for obvious reasons and the hard facts are it doesn't matter who is on the board or who the manager is. With the budget at our disposal even with a big transfer fee in our back pocket we will never be able to buy the same quality as we have lost, all we can hope to do is bring through promising youngsters like Ryan Porteous, turn up an undiscovered gem like SJM or Dylan and polish a few turds. Its always been that way and yet I have seen folk use our failure to replace a dynamite midfield with like for like laid at Dempster's door by folk on 'other' social media sites.

As things stand now I would agree that there seems to have been a marked downturn in the club's engagement with the supporters, a state of affairs which began months before this situation. I've seen it said that LD has acknowledged that herself, with the disappointing part being that she seems at a loss over how to address the situation. Perhaps now is the time for a press conference, it does not have to directly go into the Lennon situation. What it does have to do is acknowledge that the club is aware that the fans are concerned about our downturn on the pitch, that they know we are concerned the club is without a manager and that due diligence is being applied to the search for a new one. Above all it must acknowledge that the fans aren't interested in empty platitudes and that the club will strive to deliver an upturn in our fortunes, keeping the fans in the loop whenever possible.

I will finish by reiterating something I said on another thread. There is a small minority of fans, mostly posting on other social media sites, who will never accept Leeann Dempster because of the fact that she was at one time a season ticket holder at Ibrox. They are indicative of a group of fans to whom Hibs failure to act like an east coast Celtic is a cause for intense irritation … their hatred of The Rangers eclipses their love of Hibs and their agenda goes far beyond a wish to simply acknowledge and celebrate this clubs origins. To them Hibs demanding an SFA investigation into the EBT scandal with all of the enormous costs and lengthy court cases that would involve, with little prospect of support from the big players, would be a far bigger victory than any last minute winners by David Gray at Hampden. They want this even though enormously wealthy Celtic haven't been inclined to go down that route … they never seem to ask themselves why that is by the way.

I know this is a wee bit off topic, but IMO these groups are one of the main driving forces behind the demonization of Leeann Dempster over the Lennon affair, its been a handy tool in their fight to drive what they see as 'Hunnery' from within Easter Road and their attempts to Irish up the club. I know they are a small minority, but IMO their influence is growing and I for one dread the day they get anywhere near our younger supporters.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2019, 01:47 PM

Certainly was. Good servant with Hibs for 17 years.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Yes, to be honest I DO think it's fair that sometimes folk have to move to work around the dynamics of the stadium. Although maybe some flexibility could have been built into your case, say by allowing the four to grab seats together when season ticket renewal time comes around. But when attendances are so high at present I guess that's difficult to achieve. I'm very sorry for your loss of your dad.

👍

EH26
04-02-2019, 02:13 PM
What I don't get is the enthusiasm in some quarters for vilifying Leeann Dempster on the back of this situation. Because nobody actually knows the full facts its not clear where the blame ( if blame is even appropriate ) lies. On one hand its a strange club indeed that would consider binning a manager just because he shouted at some players. On the other hand no employee, even in the football world, could hope to escape the chop if he called his employer 'a clueless dyke' as some have suggested Lennon did, especially if it was within earshot of other staff members.

The full facts may never be known, especially if both parties have agreed to a gagging order, as it appears they have. That tells me that there is culpability on both sides and the full story being made public would cause embarrassment and damage to reputations all round. I could be wrong, but that's the way it looks.

As for Leeann Dempster herself. You simply have to look at her overall record since she arrived, for sure she has made mistakes, with the HSL loyalty points fiasco being the one that irked me the most, closely followed by the decision to close BTG … whatever did happen to the NHS deal by the way? But in the balance she has far more in the credit column than the debit one. Can anybody argue that since her tenure began the club hasn't improved markedly both on and off the park and especially in its engagement with its supporters and the wider community.

Criticism of Hibs selling our best talent, both historically and in the present day is such a waste of time its not true, we will always do this for obvious reasons and the hard facts are it doesn't matter who is on the board or who the manager is. With the budget at our disposal even with a big transfer fee in our back pocket we will never be able to buy the same quality as we have lost, all we can hope to do is bring through promising youngsters like Ryan Porteous, turn up an undiscovered gem like SJM or Dylan and polish a few turds. Its always been that way and yet I have seen folk use our failure to replace a dynamite midfield with like for like laid at Dempster's door by folk on 'other' social media sites.

As things stand now I would agree that there seems to have been a marked downturn in the club's engagement with the supporters, a state of affairs which began months before this situation. I've seen it said that LD has acknowledged that herself, with the disappointing part being that she seems at a loss over how to address the situation. Perhaps now is the time for a press conference, it does not have to directly go into the Lennon situation. What it does have to do is acknowledge that the club is aware that the fans are concerned about our downturn on the pitch, that they know we are concerned the club is without a manager and that due diligence is being applied to the search for a new one. Above all it must acknowledge that the fans aren't interested in empty platitudes and that the club will strive to deliver an upturn in our fortunes, keeping the fans in the loop whenever possible.

I will finish by reiterating something I said on another thread. There is a small minority of fans, mostly posting on other social media sites, who will never accept Leeann Dempster because of the fact that she was at one time a season ticket holder at Ibrox. They are indicative of a group of fans to whom Hibs failure to act like an east coast Celtic is a cause for intense irritation … their hatred of The Rangers eclipses their love of Hibs and their agenda goes far beyond a wish to simply acknowledge and celebrate this clubs origins. To them Hibs demanding an SFA investigation into the EBT scandal with all of the enormous costs and lengthy court cases that would involve, with little prospect of support from the big players, would be a far bigger victory than any last minute winners by David Gray at Hampden. They want this even though enormously wealthy Celtic haven't been inclined to go down that route … they never seem to ask themselves why that is by the way.

I know this is a wee bit off topic, but IMO these groups are one of the main driving forces behind the demonization of Leeann Dempster over the Lennon affair, its been a handy tool in their fight to drive what they see as 'Hunnery' from within Easter Road and their attempts to Irish up the club. I know they are a small minority, but IMO their influence is growing and I for one dread the day they get anywhere near our younger supporters.
And let that be an end to it

The 90+2
04-02-2019, 02:17 PM
And let that be an end to it

Totally.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Hibs doing well, little noise, Hibs doing badly everyone is to blame. :rolleyes:

GreenT
04-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Very well written and absolutely spot on. I hope LD reads this and the fact she is so well thought of by many Hibs supporters

superfurryhibby
04-02-2019, 03:17 PM

I agree with much of what you say, but you’re way off piste with the last two paragraphs. I wouldn’t credit any of the lunatic fringe with the infuence or ability to bring their bizarre agenda to bear on anyone but the chronically moronic, so you can safely keep your dread in abeyance.

The issues you cite earlier are much bigger factors, as are things like overpayments on the 500,000k per annum going back to our owners, whilst the football team has a sharp downturn in fortunes. Hibs need strong and visible leadership and we’re not really seeing it from Leeann.

Dempster needs to up her own game. Her very low profile adds fuel to speculation about her future at Hibs and at a time when the feel good reserves have dried up, that needs to change.

TiaMaria
04-02-2019, 03:31 PM

I tried to work with Gary on stadium improvement stuff but could never get him to actually do anything. Even when volunteers arrived to paint the stairs etc he wasn't around to help organise us.

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Coupleof point’s I am sure have already been raised but nevertheless. Whilst I amgrateful for the stability LD has brought to Hibs and she has certainly donethat. There have been a few clear failings.

The lackof Re-investment in the correct areas in the summer is a major issue and the decision to sell toVilla instead of Celtic whilst at the time appeared like a good decision has infact been a bit of a thorn in our side. We potentially could have negotiated adeal for Allan and another player with a small fee which would have certainlybenefitted us this season far more than the money sitting in a bank accountwhilst the fans watched an un-interested Emerson Hyndman flailing in the middleof the park and a general downturn in the feel-good factor around Easter Road.The wage structure needs amended.

I believe the move of the singing sectionto the Famous Five was a shocking decision and the atmosphere which wasarguably the best in Scotland in our last season in the Championship has been severelydamaged. The Thunderous clap from the east after the beat of the drums hasnever been the same since it was moved.

I don’t know what happened with the LennonSaga but she certainly hasn’t covered herself in glory. I mean I wasn’t expectinga statement saying exactly what happened but no address to the fans is poor.

Feel free to disagree as I’m sure many of you will. ButLeanne appears to be less enthusiastic and engaged as she was in the first fewseasons at Easter road and I believe this may be down to her like Lennonbelieving she has achieved as much as she can with the club.

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 03:37 PM
The lackof Re-investment in the correct areas in the summer is a major issue and the decision to sell toVilla instead of Celtic whilst at the time appeared like a good decision has infact been a bit of a thorn in our side. We potentially could have negotiated adeal for Allan and another player with a small fee which would have certainlybenefitted us this season far more than the money sitting in a bank accountwhilst the fans watched an un-interested Emerson Hyndman flailing in the middleof the park and a general downturn in the feel-good factor around Easter Road.The wage structure needs amended.

We accepted Celtic and Villas offers, John McGinn chose to go to Villa.

Unless you are suggesting we should have accepted a lower offer from Celtic and rejected Villa?

BroxburnHibee
04-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Coupleof point’s I am sure have already been raised but nevertheless. Whilst I amgrateful for the stability LD has brought to Hibs and she has certainly donethat. There have been a few clear failings.

I believe the move of the singing sectionto the Famous Five was a shocking decision and the atmosphere which wasarguably the best in Scotland in our last season in the Championship has been severelydamaged. The Thunderous clap from the east after the beat of the drums hasnever been the same since it was moved.

I don’t know what happened with the LennonSaga but she certainly hasn’t covered herself in glory. I mean I wasn’t expectinga statement saying exactly what happened but no address to the fans is poor.

Feel free to disagree as I’m sure many of you will. ButLeanne appears to be less enthusiastic and engaged as she was in the first fewseasons at Easter road and I believe this may be down to her like Lennonbelieving she has achieved as much as she can with the club.

The singing section asked to be moved there didn't they? I thought it was a mistake at the time and it certainly doesn't seem to have worked.

stuart01
04-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Unless you are suggesting we should have accepted a lower offer from Celtic and rejected Villa?

Celtic didn’t offer a lower figure! They offered the same as Villa!

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Celtic didn’t offer a lower figure! They offered the same as Villa!

Are you saying Celtic only made one offer?

easty
04-02-2019, 03:46 PM

I'm not sure if this is Neil Lennon, Leeann Dempster or Rod Petries doing...but I demand that this font never be used again.

stuart01
04-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Are you saying Celtic only made one offer?

No. I am saying in the end they offer the same which was too late for both Hibs and McGinn.

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 03:50 PM
No. I am saying in the end they offer the same which was too late for both Hibs and McGinn.

Why was it too late? Hibs accepted Celtic’s offer, McGinn was free to discuss terms with them if he wished.

stuart01
04-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Why was it too late? Hibs accepted Celtic’s offer, McGinn was free to discuss terms with them if he wished.

I am not saying it was to late. Hibs accepted Celtics offer which was hours after the Villa offer had already been accepted! McGinn was on his way to Birmingham long before the confirmed offer from Celtic came in. It is also worth nothing that the Celtic offer was full cash up front!

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:01 PM
The singing section asked to be moved there didn't they? I thought it was a mistake at the time and it certainly doesn't seem to have worked.

As far as I am aware from speaking to a member of the singing section it was basically decided for them. That is by no means gospel though

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 04:04 PM
I am not saying it was to late. Hibs accepted Celtics offer which was hours after the Villa offer had already been accepted! McGinn was on his way to Birmingham long before the confirmed offer from Celtic came in. It is also worth nothing that the Celtic offer was full cash up front!

So if McGinn wanted to sign for Celtic he could have? Yes?

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2019, 04:13 PM
John McGinn could pick whichever club he wanted between Celtic and Villa, h chose Villa because he was blown away with the club when he went to see them.

I'm not really sure what part of John McGinn chose them over Celtic is hard for some people to understand?

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=CapitalGreen;5697176]We accepted Celtic and Villas offers, John McGinn chose to go to Villa.

Unless you are suggesting we should have accepted a lower offer from Celtic and rejected Villa?[/QUOT

There were several offers from Celtic and some rumored to be player and cash. I think there would have been an option to get Scott Allan in the summer had we accepted less money from Celtic. In hindsight I'm suggesting for the difference of a few hundred thousand we shouldn't have severed a fruitful relationship were we possibly could have had Allan permanent and Christie on loan. Something akin to the deal that brought Mcgeough and hendo…If you fail to recognize this was bad business for the fans then well ehh not alot else to say mate

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure if this is Neil Lennon, Leeann Dempster or Rod Petries doing...but I demand that this font never be used again.

Haha fair enough mate written on notes for some reason itchanged to that font. Word going forward

stuart01
04-02-2019, 04:29 PM
So if McGinn wanted to sign for Celtic he could have? Yes?

Yes

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Therewere several offers from Celtic and some rumored to be player and cash. I thinkthere would have been an option to get Scott Allan in the summer had weaccepted less money from Celtic. In hindsight I'm suggesting forthe difference of a few hundred thousand we shouldn't have severed afruitful relationship whereby we possibly could have had Allan permanent andChristie on loan. Something akin to the deal that brought Mcgeough and hendo…If you fail to recognize this was bad business for the fans then well ehh not alot else to say mate

Your opening sentence contains the word “rumoured”, maybe you should stick to facts. It also seems your knowledge of past deals is flawed, Hibs signed McGeouch a week after selling Allan and paid a free for him.

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:33 PM
John McGinn could pick whichever club he wanted between Celtic and Villa, h chose Villa because he was blown away with the club when he went to see them.

I'm not really sure what part of John McGinn chose them over Celtic is hard for some people to understand?

We should have negotiated a player plus cash deal earlyin the window. Apparently we wanted Cash only. We didn’t want to include Allanor anyone else in the deal. This went on for months. It hindered our season’spreparations. Where did the cash go? I can’t understand how you could fail to seethe perfectly valid point

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 04:34 PM
We should have negotiated a player plus cash deal earlyin the window. Apparently we wanted Cash only. We didn’t want to include Allanor anyone else in the deal. This went on for months. It hindered our season’spreparations. Where did the cash go? I can’t understand how you could fail to seethe perfectly valid point

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Your opening sentence contains the word “rumoured”, maybe you should stick to facts. It also seems your knowledge of past deals is flawed, Hibs signed McGeouch a week after selling Allan and paid a free for him.

hmmm you scratch my back ill scratch yours springs to mind...

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 04:51 PM

What money paid for mcgeough ? do you think it might have been the nominal fee received for Allan? basically a swap.

matty_f
04-02-2019, 04:56 PM
What money paid for mcgeough ? do you think it might have been the nominal fee received for Allan? basically a swap.

A swap that they could have said no to, and we'd have had to take that money elsewhere.

They were two separate transactions, Allan would have gone to Celtic with or without McGeouch coming the other way.

That we then had enough money to buy McGeouch was a convenient and welcome by-product of the sale.

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 05:01 PM

I’m not going to surmise anything as you’ll just twist it to fit your own narrative. I’ll just stick to the facts that both transactions occurred separately and happened a week apart.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Where did John want to go?

ancient hibee
04-02-2019, 05:21 PM

And your evidence for this is what exactly?

King Dominique
04-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Anyone that questions the narrative on this site is hounded. It’s embarrassing - a bunch of old fogies with nout better to do. If you are happy with the way our club is being run fine. I like many others want ambition

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Anyone that questions the narrative on this site is hounded. It’s embarrassing - a bunch of old fogies with nout better to do. If you are happy with the way our club is being run fine. I like many others want ambition

Super, well constructed post. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it's extremely insulting and dismissive, and it's far from accurate.

There is no "narrative" on hibs.net, but you're guaranteed to be challenged if you just make up stories to criticise the club.

"I want ambition". That's about as lazy a cliché as "his legs have gone".

Saturday Boy
04-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Unfortunately, it's extremely insulting and dismissive and it's far from accurate.

There is no "narrative" on hibs.net, but you're guaranteed to be challenged if you just make up stories to criticise the club.

Surely you concede that he got the bit about old fogies with nothing to do spot on 😄

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2019, 05:40 PM
I agree with much of what you say, but you’re way off piste with the last two paragraphs. I wouldn’t credit any of the lunatic fringe with the infuence or ability to bring their bizarre agenda to bear on anyone but the chronically moronic, so you can safely keep your dread in abeyance.

The issues you cite earlier are much bigger factors, as are things like overpayments on the 500,000k per annum going back to our owners, whilst the football team has a sharp downturn in fortunes. Hibs need strong and visible leadership and we’re not really seeing it from Leeann.

Dempster needs to up her own game. Her very low profile adds fuel to speculation about her future at Hibs and at a time when the feel good reserves have dried up, that needs to change.

I am not suggesting that the folk I spoke about are an immediate problem … but I would like to keep it that way and all I am warning about is complacency … nobody wants to see a return to the 70s.

I think I acknowledged in my OP that Leeann Dempster does indeed seem to have disappeared from the radar in recent months. There seems to be little information coming out of the club, at least nothing like there was previously. E.G.There have been no updates on the NHS deal with the FF, even though that was made public ages ago.

What we need from Leeann Dempster at this stage is something akin to a state of the union address, in which she lets the fans know why the Lennon situation cant be discussed publicly, what sort of manager we are looking for, exactly what our budget was for recruiting players and if they have serious plans for an indoor training pitch at East Mains …. I don't think that's giving anything away, but it sure as hell might help mend some fences.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Surely you concede that he got the bit about old fogies with nothing to do spot on 😄

Don't you start. You're older than me.

:na na:

CapitalGreen
04-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Would it have been ambitious to keep a manager who had us 8th in the league?

Saturday Boy
04-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Don't you start. You're older than me.

:na na:

True. I just love my new bus pass 🚌

JimBHibees
04-02-2019, 05:58 PM
I am not suggesting that the folk I spoke about are an immediate problem … but I would like to keep it that way and all I am warning about is complacency … nobody wants to see a return to the 70s.

I think I acknowledged in my OP that Leeann Dempster does indeed seem to have disappeared from the radar in recent months. There seems to be little information coming out of the club, at least nothing like there was previously. E.G.There have been no updates on the NHS deal with the FF, even though that was made public ages ago.

What we need from Leeann Dempster at this stage is something akin to a state of the union address, in which she lets the fans know why the Lennon situation cant be discussed publicly, what sort of manager we are looking for, exactly what our budget was for recruiting players and if they have serious plans for an indoor training pitch at East Mains …. I don't think that's giving anything away, but it sure as hell might help mend some fences.

Think you are right needs a bit of leadership at this time. We seem to have lost our way a bit in regards to communication and direction and that needs to be addressed. Hopefully a new manager will provide some of that however there does need to be more than that especially with I am assuming a season ticket sale coming up soon. As it stands I am assuming there will be a dip and potentially more than that if we limp along like we appear to be doing.

jacomo
04-02-2019, 06:04 PM

Nope you are just making unfounded assertions and are being asked to back them up.

Nothing wrong with that?

matty_f
04-02-2019, 06:29 PM

There's no narrative. You've not been hounded. People disagreed. Get over it.

IngolstadtHarry
04-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Unfortunately, it's extremely insulting and dismissive, and it's far from accurate.

"I want ambition". That's about as lazy a cliché as "his legs have gone".

I think he was making a fair enough statement.

IngolstadtHarry
04-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Would it have been ambitious to keep a manager who had us 8th in the league?

Officially this post doesn't exist.
I have been reliably informed by an admin that no one mentions the 8th position as a measure of Lennon's 'failure'.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 06:37 PM

No, he wasn't.

He wasn't getting hounded. His views, which he made up, were being challenged.

Your narrative is as prevalent as anyone else's so the Idea that there is some sort of official line is ludicrous.

And "I want ambition" is a meaningless cliché.

DarlingtonHibee
04-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Ambition needs to fit within the budget, and the long term stability of the club

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 06:38 PM
I have been reliably informed by an admin that no one mentions the 8th position as a measure of Lennon's 'failure'.

It was a valid question about Lennon's much vaunted ambition!

Another question which you failed to answer.

The Harp
04-02-2019, 06:38 PM

Ageism now is it?!? Have you any evidence that it's 'old fogies', as you put it, who are engaging in hounding ?
Leave us auld guys alone, we've got enough problems just getting up to our seats at ER. :(

McD
04-02-2019, 06:44 PM

McD
04-02-2019, 06:51 PM

and anyone who asks you for actual evidence of the speculation and made up comments you make is met with you avoiding answering and coming out with nonsense like this.

of course you did, that was a shocker

sorrow sorrow
04-02-2019, 06:51 PM

I personally think he got of lightly!!i was a welt,Muppet,yam and a hun all cos I said in my opinion we had a terrible transfer window!lucky I have a thick skin!

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2019, 07:00 PM

Maybe disagreeing and challenging an opinion is a thing of the past that only old fogies do. The new generation can’t handle it and take it a bit personally and run to mummy?

matty_f
04-02-2019, 07:01 PM

You're just making things up now.

Also, for what it's worth, the post you quoted was posted after I said I hadn't seen them, so unless you're expecting folk to predict posts your point is kinda redundant.

matty_f
04-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Maybe disagreeing and challenging an opinion is a thing of the past that only old fogies do. The new generation can’t handle it and take it a bit personally and run to mummy?

Or Twitter. :greengrin

ancient hibee
04-02-2019, 07:03 PM

That’s a new one re overpayment of the mortgage.Where did you get that from?Answer soon or it will be well past this old fogy’s bedtime and the cocoa is ready.

Eyrie
04-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Or Twitter. :greengrin

Twitter is clearly a "safe space" compared to the unparalleled brutality of .net.

I prefer it here, but then us old fogies are tough.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Twitter is clearly a "safe space" compared to the unparalleled brutality of .net.

I prefer it here, but then us old fogies are tough.

Perhaps the Admins could provide a breakdown of the age groups of .net membership? Then we would know which category to include ourselves in. 👍

The Leith Dutch
04-02-2019, 10:02 PM

Asking for some form of back up for firm assertions about deals offered and how they were structured is not hounding.
Doubly so when you're relatively new to the site - not saying that anyone new is wrong but establishing your credentials first is a wise starting point.
You're presenting yourself as someone who knows how things went down - you may well be - but surely it's a touch naive to expect to be taken at your word on an internet forum?

Also, more generally, asking for evidence or back up for a point is not bullying, hounding or some kind of elitist education apartheid - it's just a basic prerequisite for having a good discussion.
If everything on here is just what people choose to believe disguised as "Fact!(tm)" then we can't have a debate worth a thrupenny ****....just embittered argument.

Joe6-2
05-02-2019, 08:48 AM

Good post
I'm not ITK, but I've been told Leeann approached someone (don't know who, tho Mixu mentioned) if interested in taking the managers role, while NL was still here! Lennon discovered this!!
Now in Leeann's defence my belief is Petrie was the driving force.
As I say, just something I've heard

CapitalGreen
05-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Good post
I'm not ITK, but I've been told Leeann approached someone (don't know who, tho Mixu mentioned) if interested in taking the managers role, while NL was still here! Lennon discovered this!!

If that was in anyway true it would be all over the press.

Fuzzywuzzy
05-02-2019, 09:06 AM
If that was in anyway true it would be all over the press.

Been doing the rounds for a while now. Would be strange if true but as mentioned petrie was allegedly behind it as he didn't like Lennon. It's a rumour that's floating about and unfortunately rumours are damaging (before someone mentions it, which they undoubtedly will, this post isn't helping matters:na na:)

Zazu62
05-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Has Boyd Sutton and co mentioned that we were 8th in the league and had won 2 in 14 before Lennon left?

Stuart93
05-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Has Boyd Sutton and co mentioned that we were 8th in the league and had won 2 in 14 before Lennon left?

A massive statistic most people in the media and some on here seem to be forgetting. We’ve been horrendous this season.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Good post

I'm not suggesting you're not posting that in good faith and that you were told that by someone, but it reeks of opportunism from someone with an anti-Petrie agenda.

Firstly, the board were chucking cash at NL to rebuild his team. That wouldn't have been the case if he's removal was imminent.

Secondly, if there was a cunning plan to sack NL, it would have been for performance issues, and a suspension, followed by a joint statement wouldn't have been necessary.

Finally, it's a nice touch saying that it wasn't really Leeann Dempster pushing for his removal. Far easier to get people to believe our resident bogey man was spoling things for the humble Hibs supporters again

No, poor wee shy and retiring Leeann was forced to make the enquiries, by the evil Tache, probably under threat of her own job.

She was clearly so upset about this that in her bid to recruit a new coach, she told him that she didn't really want to sack NL, but she had no option as Rod was too big and scary.

Sorry to be so flippant, but it really does come across as nonsense.

IWasThere2016
05-02-2019, 09:43 AM
I just don't get the criticism of LD/RP/Hibs on this one.

IMHO, Lennon's tenure was becoming untenable because of results and bizarre team selections etc. Not to mention numerous rumours about his (alleged) conduct.

If we had sacked him and GP - they'd be due compensation. Ultimately, there was a compromise and a pay-off. It is how things are done in football.

RP/Hibs have acted to protect reputations - of all parties

Hibs are bigger than NL, LD, RP etc..

Time to move on..

Good luck to whoever is up next :flag: GGTTH

CapitalGreen
05-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Been doing the rounds for a while now. Would be strange if true but as mentioned petrie was allegedly behind it as he didn't like Lennon. It's a rumour that's floating about and unfortunately rumours are damaging (before someone mentions it, which they undoubtedly will, this post isn't helping matters:na na:)

The problem with rumours is anyone can start one. This one was started by Paul Kane who has a well known grudge against Petrie.

green day
05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
I have decided to make it easier for people on the board - especially those who havent posted for some time - by providing a simple cut and paste guide to providing "gen up" info on Neil Lennons departure from Hibs on this and other threads -

I am not ITK but..........

A guy I know with good contacts at the club told me................

Dont shoot the messenger, but...............

I heard last night that.............

The story I heard is that Petrie..............

Demster didnt want to................but was told it was Lennon or her

I have ignored any of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories, such as those that suggest NL may be in any way at fault here, or which paint the club in a good light.

Enjoy, and feel free to share on Twitter / Facebook etc :aok:

jacomo
05-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Good post

How is this a thing?

Every club needs a plan in place for when the manager leaves, because it’s a key appointment and likely to become vacant at short notice.

When your manager has publicly threatened to quit and then acted erratically and stopped doing media duties... you wouldn’t be doing your job unless you were quietly finding out who else might be available.

Peevemor
05-02-2019, 09:54 AM
How is this a thing?

Every club needs a plan in place for when the manager leaves, because it’s a key appointment and likely to become vacant at short notice.

When your manager has publicly threatened to quit and then acted erratically and stopped doing media duties... you wouldn’t be doing your job unless you were quietly finding out who else might be available.

Exactly.

Bostonhibby
05-02-2019, 10:01 AM
I have decided to make it easier for people on the board - especially those who havent posted for some time - by providing a simple cut and paste guide to providing "gen up" info on Neil Lennons departure from Hibs on this and other threads -

I am not ITK but..........

A guy I know with good contacts at the club told me................

Dont shoot the messenger, but...............

I heard last night that.............

The story I heard is that Petrie..............

Demster didnt want to................but was told it was Lennon or her

I have ignored any of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories, such as those that suggest NL may be in any way at fault here, or which paint the club in a good light.

Enjoy, and feel free to share on Twitter / Facebook etc :aok:Sorry but I can't take seriously anyone who doesn't have man in pub as their main source of detailed information. Especially confidential, legal,financial, health, political criminal and football related stuff.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Peevemor
05-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Sorry but I can't take seriously anyone who doesn't have man in pub as their main source of detailed information. Especially confidential, legal,financial, health, political criminal and football related stuff.

For me, unless a post starts with "I got a text...", it doesn't count.

Bostonhibby
05-02-2019, 10:06 AM
For me, unless a post starts with "I got a text...", it doesn't count.I got a text from a man in the pub..... .

I'm liking the sound of that. Better than actually listening and can be deleted [emoji3]

Hibbyradge
05-02-2019, 10:07 AM
For me, unless a post starts with "I got a text...", it doesn't count.

I can forgive that omission as long as it says, "According to Twitter ...".

"I'm not saying it's true, but ..." always convinces me too.

.Sean.
05-02-2019, 10:08 AM
How is this a thing?

Excellent post.

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Good post

Something you've heard.....

What a load of rubbish.

I don't get why you post such rubbish

Gettin' Auld
05-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Good post

Even if all that was true, Lennon has gone AWOL a few times and threatened to quit more than once. He's an explosive character, so a competent CEO wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't planning ahead just incase Lennon suddenly carries out his threat one day. Not to the extent of touting the job around while Lennon was still in place, but considering who may come in to replace him, especially if he's offski at short notice.

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Even if all that was true, Lennon has gone AWOL a few times and threatened to quit more than once. He's an explosive character, so a competent CEO wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't planning ahead just incase Lennon suddenly carries out his threat one day. Not to the extent of touting the job around while Lennon was still in place, but considering who may come in to replace him, especially if he's offski at short notice.

Agreed. Makes you wonder how we’re still managerless 10 days in though if that’s what they were doing.

Peevemor
05-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Agreed. Makes you wonder how we’re still managerless 10 days in though if that’s what they were doing.

Obviously Petrie going back on salary agreements at the last minute. :agree:

Hibbyradge
05-02-2019, 11:16 AM

Nah, not really.

I'm led to believe that all the folk who Leeann, on Rods orders, offered the job to, grassed her up to Neil Lennon so they're out of favour now.

Now no-one wants the job because they've seen how underhand RP operates and how much money he's siphoning off for himself and STF.

I'm not saying that's definitely true, but it's what I was telt.

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2019, 11:22 AM
I heard that as well

Bandits both of them obviously, in the know.

😂

jacomo
05-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Nah, not really.

I'm led to believe that all the folk who Leeann, on Rods orders, offered the job to, grassed her up to Neil Lennon so they're out of favour now.

Now no-one wants the job because they've seen how underhand RP operates and how much money he's siphoning off for himself and STF.

I'm not saying that's definitely true, but it's what I was telt.

Lenny punched Rod while he was in France and SJM tipped a bottle of red wine over Leeann because Celtc offered £3m, Scott Allan, Ryan Christie and Leigh but Hibs were holding out for an extra £150k FACT.

green day
05-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Lenny punched Rod while he was in France and SJM tipped a bottle of red wine over Leeann because Celtc offered £3m, Scott Allan, Ryan Christie and Leigh but Hibs were holding out for an extra £150k FACT.

Almost a full hoose, but you missed out "Ponzi Scheme"

Poor effort, imo.........................

proud_and_green
05-02-2019, 12:42 PM

Brilliant post eloquently put!