PDA

View Full Version : Our disallowed goal

PatHead
03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Can someone clarify the rules regarding our disallowed goal?

When Bigi makes his cross Shaw is in an office position but the ball is not heading towards him. It takes a wicked deflection off an Aberdeen player and goes to him, when he hits his first shot and is saved.

He is flagged offside at that point. Does the fact that the ball was played by an Aberdeen player not mean that he was on side?

HibeeHibernian4
03-02-2019, 04:24 PM
I think it has to be an intentional touch, if the Aberdeen defender had attempted to head/pass it back to the Aberdeen keeper, for example, then it wouldn't have been offside.

PatHead
03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
I think it has to be an intentional touch, if the Aberdeen defender had attempted to head/pass it back to the Aberdeen keeper, for example, then it wouldn't have been offside.

Thanks, can never keep up with the rules nowadays.

SideBurns
03-02-2019, 04:32 PM
There seems to be widespread confusion (certainly in my wee brain) over the goals yesterday - one allowed, one not given. Is it not about time we returned to the simplification of the rule so we all know where we stand? For refs and linesmen, it would make their job easier for sure.

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 04:35 PM
There seems to be widespread confusion (certainly in my wee brain) over the goals yesterday - one allowed, one not given. Is it not about time we returned to the simplification of the rule so we all know where we stand? For refs and linesmen, it would make their job easier for sure.

It is very simple. Aberdeen player was behind the ball so onside. Hibs player was offside when shot hit so is offside. The rule isn’t hard, or shouldn’t be.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Miles offside in first passage of play so seeking to gain an unfair advantage so offside!

wookie70
03-02-2019, 05:10 PM

The most important thing in their goal was that the Aberdeen players were behind the ball. You can't be offside when the ball is played if you are behind it.
In our disallowed goal if the defender had deliberately headed the ball and it ended up with Shaw then that would be deemed another phase as the Aberdeen player had deliberately played the ball. As it was it was a deflection with no intent from the Don's man and our players were all in an offside position and then became active when they went to the ball and shot for goal. The refs actually got the big calls correct they just made an arse of all the play acting, time wasting and gamesmanship. I always think that if you are a ref you would surely try and even out the 50-50 calls. It seemed pretty much every debatable call went the Dons way.
The two that got on my goat were called by someone else in the ref thread with the free kick that was taken as a throw in and the Shinnie foul after the pull back where the ref took us back 10 yards or so and yet again failed to book Shinnie.

CMurdoch
04-02-2019, 11:43 PM
The most important thing in their goal was that the Aberdeen players were behind the ball. You can't be offside when the ball is played if you are behind it.
In our disallowed goal if the defender had deliberately headed the ball and it ended up with Shaw then that would be deemed another phase as the Aberdeen player had deliberately played the ball. As it was it was a deflection with no intent from the Don's man and our players were all in an offside position and then became active when they went to the ball and shot for goal. The refs actually got the big calls correct they just made an arse of all the play acting, time wasting and gamesmanship. I always think that if you are a ref you would surely try and even out the 50-50 calls. It seemed pretty much every debatable call went the Dons way.
The two that got on my goat were called by someone else in the ref thread with the free kick that was taken as a throw in and the Shinnie foul after the pull back where the ref took us back 10 yards or so and yet again failed to book Shinnie.

Wookie, re your last point about the foul where the Hibs player was pulled back by an Aberdeen player and then tackled by Shinnie with the free kick going back to where the pull occurred.
IMO the referee was playing advantage after the pull but the Shinnie tackle meant there was no advantage to Hibs so the free kick was awarded for the pull back.
I watched it on Alba and didn't think the Shinnie tackle was a foul, hence no booking for Shinnie and the free kick being taken from where the pull took place.

JimBHibees
05-02-2019, 05:43 AM

Thought the worst call was Flo protecting the ball from defender using his shoulder with the ref suddenly thinking that was a foul when none of the ones against him were. Totally biased.

hibbysam
05-02-2019, 06:14 AM
Wookie, re your last point about the foul where the Hibs player was pulled back by an Aberdeen player and then tackled by Shinnie with the free kick going back to where the pull occurred.
IMO the referee was playing advantage after the pull but the Shinnie tackle meant there was no advantage to Hibs so the free kick was awarded for the pull back.
I watched it on Alba and didn't think the Shinnie tackle was a foul, hence no booking for Shinnie and the free kick being taken from where the pull took place.

Shinnies tackle was 100% a foul. He trips Flo before hooking the ball back once Flo is down.

wookie70
05-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Shinnies tackle was 100% a foul. He trips Flo before hooking the ball back once Flo is down.That was my take on it at the game but I haven't watched it back.