PDA

View Full Version : 9 game showdown - will we make top 6 - predictions

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Just looking at Hibs and St Johnstone remaining fixtures (maybe someone can add Motherwell and Livingston fixtures as they are only 2 points behind us and still have a chance to make Top 6 also)..

Think it's going to go down to the wire - even with the possibility of us going to Tynie needing to get a win!!

Top 6 is important for revenue and ST sales for next season. The thought of bottom 6 is depressing but considering we are 5 points behind but with better goal difference - we are going to need to pick up 5 points and hope St Johnstone go on a bad run to allow us to over take them.

27 points to play for...

Hibs Fixtures

(4 home games including Rangers and Kilmarnock - 5 away games including Celtic, St Johnstone and Hearts)

Celtic - away
Hamilton - home
Dundee - away
St Johnstone - away
Rangers - home
Motherwell - home
Livingston - away
Kilmarnock - home
Hearts - away

St Johnstone Fixtures

(4 home - including Aberdeen and Hibs - 5 away including Rangers and Kilmarnock)

Hamilton - away
Rangers - away
Aberdeen - home
Hibs - home
Livingston - away
St Mirren - home
Motherwell - away
Dundee - home
Kilmarnock - away

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2019, 04:28 PM
No.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2019, 04:29 PM
The St Johnstone game is massive, win that and we have a chance. Draw or loss and it's bottom six.

Cat Stanton
03-02-2019, 04:29 PM
No.

And that's the end of that thread.

K.Marx
03-02-2019, 04:35 PM
If we’re going to Tynecastle needing anything to make top 6 we can pretty much kiss goodbye to that. Will be Hearts cup final.

If St Johnstone slip up on Wednesday then we have a decent shot. Especially if we pick up any unlikely points from Parkhead. If they win and we lose though it’s an 8 point gap with 8 to play which is difficult to overcome.

AgentDaleCooper
03-02-2019, 04:37 PM
if somehow, and god knows how, we manage to sneak a result against celtic then i would consider the race to be on. otherwise it's pretty unlikely, particularly if they beat hamilton and we loose or draw at park head.

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 04:37 PM
The St Johnstone game is massive, win that and we have a chance. Draw or loss and it's bottom six.

Wednesday 27th February

It's really a must win game :agree:

B.H.F.C
03-02-2019, 04:44 PM
They’ll beat Hamilton during the week and we’ll get beat from Celtic so we’ll be 8 behind.

We must take six points from from Hamilton and Dundee. They’ll drop points in the games against The Rangers and Aberdeen so we should go in to the game against them a bit closer.

All that said we’d probably need to win 7 games minimum. We’ve only won 8 all season so I think it’s unlikely. Pretty grim really.

Onceinawhile
03-02-2019, 05:00 PM
We're not getting near the top 6.

Get safe from relegation, blood Fraser Murray and a few other youngstera and concentrate on winning the cup.

Steve20
03-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Not a chance.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2019, 05:07 PM

Get safe from relegation, blood Fraser Murray and a few other youngstera and concentrate on winning the cup.

We are safe from relegation, why are there so many people on here talking about it as if it's a possibility?

If we apparently have no chance of making up the 5 points that we need to get into the top six over the next 9 games, what makes people think that a team which has accumulated just 14 points over the first 24 games will win at least 18 points over the final 14 games? And even then we would have to lose every single game and at least 2 out of Dundee, Hamilton and St Mirren would have to go on championship winning form to get near us.

It's never going to happen.

mcfly
03-02-2019, 05:09 PM
We are safe from relegation, why are there so many people on here talking about it as if it's a possibility.

If we apparently have no chance of making up the 5 points that we need to get into the top six over the next 9 games, what makes people think that a team which has accumulated just 14 points over the first 24 points will win at least 18 points over the final 14 games? And even then we would have to lose every single game and at least 2 out of Dundee, Hamilton and St Mirren would have to go on championship winning form to get near us.

You are probably right re the relegation but all it means is the remaining league games (unless we go a winning run) are pretty meaningless.

The lost revenue means the new manager will have less of a budget.

Unless we can win the cup 😃

jacomo
03-02-2019, 05:14 PM
No.

It’s obviously possible, given we play the Saints during this run.

Must admit I am nervous though. Would be a terrible disappointment not to make the top 6.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2019, 05:14 PM

Get safe from relegation, blood Fraser Murray and a few other youngstera and concentrate on winning the cup.Yup I pretty much agree probably 2 wins against Dundee and Hamilton will see us completely safe. Don't see u getting near top 6 unfortunately 7th is the best we can aim for in league ...sad but probably true

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibeewilly
03-02-2019, 05:15 PM
We'll make top 6 at the expense of St Johnstone IMO....

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 05:25 PM
If we’re going to Tynecastle needing anything to make top 6 we can pretty much kiss goodbye to that. Will be Hearts cup final.

If St Johnstone slip up on Wednesday then we have a decent shot. Especially if we pick up any unlikely points from Parkhead. If they win and we lose though it’s an 8 point gap with 8 to play which is difficult to overcome.

After Wednesday if could be 8 point gap with 24 points to play for. Hamilton are on poor run.

Very tricky.

Motherwell have won their last 4 games so the form team.

We are 16 points away from play offs so can't see that happening surely ! :paranoid:

Ronniekirk
03-02-2019, 08:34 PM
As things Stand I can’t see us making the Top Six
Therefore the new manager is going to have a big job on his hands to give us hope for next season and then do a massive rebuilding job No margin for error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
03-02-2019, 08:35 PM
I can't see it. You never know though, it's not impossible.

The Modfather
03-02-2019, 08:38 PM

Hopefully the new manager goes to Tynecastle trying to win. I can’t face anymore of going there to battle for a 0-0 where the ball is inconsequential. Especially as we’re not very successful trying to do so.

Michael
03-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Can't see it unless the manager somehow makes an immediate impact. This team just aren't playing together. However we probably have the 5th or 6th best squad on paper.

green with envy
03-02-2019, 09:08 PM
Not a chance.

Of course there's a chance.

berwickhibee
03-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Heart says yes. Head says no.

We arent good enough to finish top 6.

hfc rd
03-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Personally cannot see it.

Hope I’m proved wrong

JimBHibees
03-02-2019, 09:16 PM
St Johnstone look a more settled stronger team and squad at the moment so no can't see it but who knows.

Captain Trips
03-02-2019, 09:23 PM
The fact this is even a valid topic tells me Lennon being away was correct decision purely from a results point of view.

neil7908
03-02-2019, 09:28 PM
I don't think we can say until the new manager comes in

Keyser Sauzee
03-02-2019, 09:36 PM
It’s a toss up, St Johnstone are a decent side but are just as capable of going on a poor run like they did at the start of the season. The question is can we capatilise if they do? So to summarise, I have no idea 😂

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 09:42 PM
We absolutely must win the three games sandwiched between the old firm games. Win those three and we’ll go into the last 4 with a fighting chance (I’m not writing off getting points in the two old firm games but those would be a bonus).

cleanyman
03-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Bottom 6.

No where near as good as any of the teams above us.

I'll happily take 7th

Gordy M
03-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Yep we will imo. We will appoint a new manager/head coach, get a wee bounce from that. We have def a good enough squad, just a matter of a settled team and formation, top 6 for me.

Hibeesmad
03-02-2019, 11:58 PM
We have a tough run of fixtures but here’s hoping

CMurdoch
04-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Shines a light on what a disaster losing to Motherwell was.
If we had won that game alone we would have had breathing space above Motherwell and would only be 2 points behind St Johnstone.

It also shows how daft it was of the Rev I M Jolly to go into the Aberdeen game with a defensive side and not having the likes of McNulty on from the start.
We have paid good money to bring in good players on loan. Get them on the pitch and go for it. We are sleepwalking into the bottom 6 at the moment.

delbert
04-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Bottom 6.

No where near as good as any of the teams above us.

I'll happily take 7th

Unfortunately have to agree with you, we have been bang average all season, admittedly decimated by injuries, but some horrible defensive errors and rank goalkeeping have contributed hugely to where we are and on Saturday the individual errors by defenders and goalkeeper were there again, we just aren’t a top six team this season, seventh or eighth at best.

overdrive
04-02-2019, 01:28 AM
Hibs[/B] Fixtures

(4 home games including Rangers and Kilmarnock - 5 away games including Celtic, St Johnstone and Hearts)

Celtic - away - L
Hamilton - home - W
Dundee - away - W
St Johnstone - away - D
Rangers - home - D
Motherwell - home - D
Livingston - away - L
Kilmarnock - home - L
Hearts - away - L

I reckon we’ll get 9 points from that lot. I think we will be struggling.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2019, 02:16 AM
we've beaten st.johnstone once in our last 8 league games.... we're b*itches to yet another non-old firm team

Livi have shot their bolt, us and murrawell battling for 7th

or maybe we can :)

.Sean.
04-02-2019, 08:28 AM
I’d take 7th and SC Final

We’ll take between 10-12 points in that run IMO

Diclonius
04-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Celtic (A) Loss
Hamilton (H) Win
Dundee (A) Draw
St Johnstone (A) Loss
Rangers (H) Draw
Motherwell (H) Win
Livingston (A) Loss
Kilmarnock (H) Draw
Hearts (A) Loss

9 points.

18Craig75
04-02-2019, 08:39 AM
This is why I think bringing Stubbs and Doolan back until the end of the season would be the way to go.

They wouldn’t need a settling in period, they know how the club works, the structure, the staff and a lot of the current players. So hopefully we’d be able to head the ground running and make a real push for it.

Whether or not they’d take a 6 month contract though I’m not sure.

Hibeewilly
04-02-2019, 08:49 AM
I think we will make top 6 at the expense of St Johnstone looking at the fixtures. We have the players without a doubt and St Johnstone look to have a slightly tougher run in than us. GGTTH

I'm Spartacus
04-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Hibs Fixtures

0 Celtic - away
3 Hamilton - home
3 Dundee - away
1 St Johnstone - away
1 Rangers - home
3 Motherwell - home
1 Livingston - away
1 Kilmarnock - home
1 Hearts - away

TOTAL 14 POINTS

St Johnstone Fixtures

3 Hamilton - away
0 Rangers - away
0 Aberdeen - home
1 Hibs - home
1 Livingston - away
3 St Mirren - home
0 Motherwell - away
3 Dundee - home
0 Kilmarnock - away

TOTAL 11 POINTS

We need to pick up 5 points on them and I predict 3 which means the St J game MUST be won. We cannot give up and there's still a chance, anything can happen especially in Scottish football. Possibly a perfect time to get Celtic after yesterdays red card and injuries.

Wakeyhibee
04-02-2019, 10:19 AM
I'm doubting it now too. St Johnstones last 4 games are all winnable for them

Killiehibbie
04-02-2019, 10:25 AM
I doubt we'll even win the bottom half.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2019, 10:29 AM
I think we will make top 6 at the expense of St Johnstone looking at the fixtures. We have the players without a doubt and St Johnstone look to have a slightly tougher run in than us. GGTTH

St Johnston under their current manager have only failed once to finish in the top six so that’s consistency and they have experience of doing it But last season they didn’t so maybe there is a wee glimmer of hope Bit on current form it’s not going to happen

The 90+2
04-02-2019, 10:29 AM
No chance. Total failure of a season.

BILLYHIBS
04-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Sorry! Bottom six for me

PeeJay
04-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Top six looks highly unlikely really ATM - cheers Neil great job! :thumbsup:

We need a new manager/coaching team asap - depending on how quick it is up and running and who they are it could maybe give us a boost - we'll probably have a decent game against Celtic on Wednesday, maybe snatch a draw, but the "lesser teams" look fitter and hungrier for success than we have done of late - that's where we will drop the points we can't afford to ... failure to make top six would be a disgrace -

where'stheslope
04-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Looking like bottom six for me, we have still to find a manager and get him up to speed with Hibs!
Then when we get to the end of the season, he could end up losing half a team of loanees!
Its going to make it very difficult to keep hold of a lot of our season ticket holders, if we are in the bottom six, as there is so many meaningless games!
The cup will depend on favourable draws to keep us going, the better the draw the more likely to get to at least a semi-final!!!
It back to the Hibs roller coaster to the end of the season!!!!

Liberal Hibby
04-02-2019, 01:11 PM
I think it is almost impossible without winning at McDiarmid Park

Greenbeard
04-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Hibs Fixtures

0 Celtic - away
3 Hamilton - home
3 Dundee - away
1 St Johnstone - away
1 Rangers - home
3 Motherwell - home
1 Livingston - away
1 Kilmarnock - home
1 Hearts - away

TOTAL 14 POINTS

St Johnstone Fixtures

3 Hamilton - away
0 Rangers - away
0 Aberdeen - home
1 Hibs - home
1 Livingston - away
3 St Mirren - home
0 Motherwell - away
3 Dundee - home
0 Kilmarnock - away

TOTAL 11 POINTS

We need to pick up 5 points on them and I predict 3 which means the St J game MUST be won. We cannot give up and there's still a chance, anything can happen especially in Scottish football. Possibly a perfect time to get Celtic after yesterdays red card and injuries.

Fair prediction with some give or take either way, so I agree yes top six is still a possibility, but def subject to a win in Perth, and I wouldn't bet on it at less than 5/1.

jacomo
04-02-2019, 03:22 PM
No chance. Total failure of a season.

You are such a ray of hope in these troubled times.

5 point gap. Favourable goal difference. 9 games. No chance??

CMurdoch
04-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Part 1 is a 4 game showdown
If it goes down as below we will be 1 point ahead with a superior goal difference going into the last 5 games!

Next 4 Fixtures

Hibs

0 Celtic - away
3 Hamilton - home
3 Dundee - away
3 St Johnstone - away

TOTAL 9 POINTS

St Johnstone

3 Hamilton - away
0 Rangers - away
0 Aberdeen - home
0 Hibs - home

TOTAL 3 POINTS

How do you like them apples?

jacomo
04-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Part 1 is a 4 game showdown
If it goes down as below we will be 1 point ahead with a superior goal difference going into the last 5 games!

Next 4 Fixtures

Hibs

0 Celtic - away
3 Hamilton - home
3 Dundee - away
3 St Johnstone - away

TOTAL 9 POINTS

St Johnstone

3 Hamilton - away
0 Rangers - away
0 Aberdeen - home
0 Hibs - home

TOTAL 3 POINTS

How do you like them apples?

Very good. Please proceed with this plan.

Sheep_Nae_Mair
04-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Just looking at Hibs and St Johnstone remaining fixtures (maybe someone can add Motherwell and Livingston fixtures as they are only 2 points behind us and still have a chance to make Top 6 also)..

Think it's going to go down to the wire - even with the possibility of us going to Tynie needing to get a win!!

Top 6 is important for revenue and ST sales for next season. The thought of bottom 6 is depressing but considering we are 5 points behind but with better goal difference - we are going to need to pick up 5 points and hope St Johnstone go on a bad run to allow us to over take them.

27 points to play for...

Hibs Fixtures

Celtic - away
Hamilton - home
Dundee - away
St Johnstone - away
Rangers - home
Motherwell - home
Livingston - away
Kilmarnock - home
Hearts - away

St Johnstone Fixtures

(4 home - including Aberdeen and Hibs - 5 away including Rangers and Kilmarnock)

Hamilton - away
Rangers - away
Aberdeen - home
Hibs - home
Livingston - away
St Mirren - home
Motherwell - away
Dundee - home
Kilmarnock - away

If you use the simple rule of thumb:-

At home to a team currently below in the league – 3 pts
At home to a team currently above in the league – 1 pt
Away to a team currently below in the league – 1 pt
Away to a team currently above in the league – 0 pts.

it would be Hibs another 10 points and St. Johnstone another 13 pts. Even if we beat St. J. it would be Hibs + 13pts, St. J. + 10pts, so still not quite enough.

Obviously things could (and quite possibly will) pan out very differently – let's hope it's in our favour.

CMurdoch
04-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Very good. Please proceed with this plan.

No problem. Consider it done.

Obviously I need to tell the players and management first but it should be okay given they have almost 2 weeks to get their **** together.

JohnMcM
04-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Whatever happens, it is perhaps true to say it's going to be a test of loyalties, for everyone.

Can we all just buckle up and get behind the team please? The last thing the team needs right now is to sense, hear or experience in any way, negativity from the fans during a match.

C'mon everyone, they need us.

:flag:

The 90+2
04-02-2019, 08:22 PM
You are such a ray of hope in these troubled times.

5 point gap. Favourable goal difference. 9 games. No chance??

Nope, chance. Seasons gone bar the cup if we are being realistic. We had to win at Motherwell or get something against Aberdeen.

As for ray of hope, I’m confident in the rebuilding job from now until the summer then hit the ground running and move on up. None of this the best players become available at the end of window guff either.

New HC comes in and identifies players to get in as early as oossible.

Jones28
04-02-2019, 08:23 PM
If I we do it will be by a baw hair.

ian cruise
04-02-2019, 08:25 PM
I still think we've a very good team, we've a few really class players. Why it's not worked so far this season we can speculate but never really know.

Given that, and a wee bit of my positive mindset (happy clapper alert) I'm going to say yes. Hopefully everyone is looking atvthis as a fresh start and an opportunity to show what they're made of. Celtic is a difficult game 90 percent of the time so if we lose I'll not read too much in to it but after then we need a run of wins.

jacomo
04-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Nope, chance. Seasons gone bar the cup if we are being realistic. We had to win at Motherwell or get something against Aberdeen.

As for ray of hope, I’m confident in the rebuilding job from now until the summer then hit the ground running and move on up. None of this the best players become available at the end of window guff either.

New HC comes in and identifies players to get in as early as oossible.

Blimey!

Well see you on the other side... let’s hope you’re wrong.

The 90+2
04-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Blimey!

Well see you on the other side... let’s hope you’re wrong.

Me too and it’s the hope that gets you.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Me too and it’s the hope that gets you.

But it’s the Hopeless performances that have got us in this position We got a bit of Luck in the previous January Window and to be fair second was within our grasp until an abjectly hopeless performance atTyncastle
But despite the loss of our midfield we were hopeful of top six place minimum
But after being second at one point injuries and some poor team selections saw us slump , and eventually Lennon was using the Stick to try and exact a performance out the Team .
It didn’t work though ,and hope of top six place was dashed when Motherwell beat us , Lennon probably knew that ,and couldnt see the Transfer Window changing that unless given Substantial Funds ,which weren’t there
We needed Allan ,and a proven Goal scorer ,and replacement for Boyle all to hit the ground running ,plus Centre Back Cover
The Hope If getting that was probably slim anyway
I remain hopeful if we appoint right manager of us improving ,and giving top six a go ,but it’s a Huge Ask
So In effect the Hope remains the New Manager can-assess who to keep for next Season-and be a very Shrew Operator in the First Transfer Window
That will determine our Hopes and Aspirations for Next Season
But we need Season Ticket Holders to renew Early in the same numbers
I Hope we can do that immediately or it makes new Managers job more difficult

The 90+2
05-02-2019, 11:31 AM
But it’s the Hopeless performances that have got us in this position We got a bit of Luck in the previous January Window and to be fair second was within our grasp until an abjectly hopeless performance atTyncastle
But after being second at one point injuries and some poor team selections saw us slump , and eventually Lennon was using the Stick to try and exact a performance out the Team .
It didn’t work though ,and hope of top six place was dashed when Motherwell beat us , Lennon probably knew that ,and couldnt see the Transfer Window changing that unless given Substantial Funds ,which weren’t there
We needed Allan ,and a proven Goal scorer ,and replacement for Boyle all to hit the ground running ,plus Centre Back Cover
I remain hopeful if we appoint right manager of us improving ,and giving top six a go ,but it’s a Huge Ask
So In effect the Hope remains the New Manager can-assess who to keep for next Season-and be a very Shrew Operator in the First Transfer Window

:aok: totally agree.

Jim44
05-02-2019, 11:47 AM

He might manage to fit in a few moles into our opponents’ dressing rooms. :greengrin
Sorry, Ronnie, I couldn’t resist it.

mcfly
05-02-2019, 12:13 PM

I agree we do need season tickets to be renewed but I also feel we need a manager who can excite and re energise the fans as the last couple of months has been awful. The board must get this right as we just can’t keep having new managers in every 2 yrs of so.

We also must have money. Ground is full most weeks and there is the mcginn transfer.

Atmosphere on sat was very flat and this weekend is massive.

We just have to win.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2019, 12:20 PM
He might manage to fit in a few moles into our opponents’ dressing rooms. :greengrin
Sorry, Ronnie, I couldn’t resist it.

Very Shrewd of You Jim

SChibs
05-02-2019, 12:20 PM
We are safe from relegation, why are there so many people on here talking about it as if it's a possibility?

If we apparently have no chance of making up the 5 points that we need to get into the top six over the next 9 games, what makes people think that a team which has accumulated just 14 points over the first 24 games will win at least 18 points over the final 14 games? And even then we would have to lose every single game and at least 2 out of Dundee, Hamilton and St Mirren would have to go on championship winning form to get near us.

If folk are struggling to see how we will make up 5 points on st Johnstone but are worried the 11th placed team will make up 18 points on us they need their heads checked.

Onion
05-02-2019, 12:41 PM
No we'll not make top 6.

This is all down to motivation. Smaller clubs like St J and Killie regard top 6 as success and are driven towards that by the manager, players and fans. For the budget, crowd size and revenue, Hibs managing to sneak a top 6 place is just a slightly better level of failure. There is no glory or feel good in Hibs getting a top 6 place - Europe yes - but not top 6.

The 90+2
05-02-2019, 12:42 PM
If folk are struggling to see how we will make up 5 points on st Johnstone but are worried the 11th placed team will make up 18 points on us they need their heads checked.

Realistically we go 8 behind the Saints tomorrow and go behind Motherwell also. I don't think we will be anywhere near relegation neither by the way. Mid-table mediocrity.

The 90+2
05-02-2019, 12:49 PM
No we'll not make top 6.

This is all down to motivation. Smaller clubs like St J and Killie regard top 6 as success and are driven towards that by the manager, players and fans. For the budget, crowd size and revenue, Hibs managing to sneak a top 6 place is just a slightly better level of failure. There is no glory or feel good in Hibs getting a top 6 place - Europe yes - but not top 6.

We will lose a good amount of money not making the top six, apart from that I would agree. Especially after the noises of biggest budget (footballing not on the team I get it) and record season tickets. To end up 7th/8th is shocking but on the flip side there's not much that can be done now except build for next season. Time for the club to show ambition early doors starting with the manager to avoid a massive drop of season ticket sales.

Jim44
05-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Realistically we go 8 behind the Saints tomorrow and go behind Motherwell also. I don't think we will be anywhere near relegation neither by the way. Mid-table mediocrity.

It’s all relative. Five years ago this would have been music to our ears. :smug:

mcfly
05-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Bottom6 on crowds of 17-18k is shocking and as a club and fan base it should be treated as unnacceptable.

I really hope we can go a wee run and at least push for top 6.

Season ticket sales are bound to drop off unless the board get a manager who excites the fans and we forget this season.

I do feel there will be a big clear out at end of season though

Keith_M
05-02-2019, 01:53 PM
For anyone that can actually predict the future, could I have this week's Euro Millions numbers please.

:greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
05-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Bottom6 on crowds of 17-18k is shocking and as a club and fan base it should be treated as unnacceptable.

I really hope we can go a wee run and at least push for top 6.

Season ticket sales are bound to drop off unless the board get a manager who excites the fans and we forget this season.

I do feel there will be a big clear out at end of season though

I won’t be happy like u with a bottom 6 finish and I’m not trying to start an argument but I’ve seen a lot of posters call it unacceptable, I’m no sure what they mean by this. Does it mean they will walk away from the club in the summer?

mcfly
05-02-2019, 02:04 PM
I won’t be happy like u with a bottom 6 finish and I’m not trying to start an argument but I’ve seen a lot of posters call it unacceptable, I’m no sure what they mean by this. Does it mean they will walk away from the club in the summer?

Never walked away from hibs and had a season ticket for 25 yrs but the crowds we are getting are the largest sustained crowds that I can remember.

The crowds will drop off given the poor form of the team and the apathy surrounding the club, feel good factor is gone and the communication between board and fans is zero.

As I say it is unnacceptable. How can st Johnstone get top 6 regularly on crowds of £2k??

Real Emerald
05-02-2019, 02:06 PM

I actually think people will walk away. For years the club have striven to get season tickets and average attendances to this level. With no major infrastructure projects and the footballing structure we have, fans were entitled to think we had finally got to the plateau we need to be at. The thought of missing out on a top 6 place at the beginning of the season would have been unthinkable but here we are.

The danger is that fans who have turned up in their droves and kept our side of the bargain are now seeing the club reverting back to the old ways. If we do finish in the bottom 6 I think a lot will chuck it thinking here we go again! The quality of the next manager, upturn in form and promises of real investment in quality players is a must or it’ll be back to 10,000 ST in a couple of years again. Sadly

Keyser Sauzee
05-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Never walked away from hibs and had a season ticket for 25 yrs but the crowds we are getting are the largest sustained crowds that I can remember.

The crowds will drop off given the poor form of the team and the apathy surrounding the club, feel good factor is gone and the communication between board and fans is zero.

As I say it is unnacceptable. How can st Johnstone get top 6 regularly on crowds of £2k??

I’m not suggesting u will I just don’t get the whole unacceptable aspect to the situation. I won’t be happy but lll be going next season, and so on. Any1 who walks away will only really be hurting the club, if they did that would they then get a season ticket when we’re on the up, is that really what fans are like these days?

St Johnstone are going thru one of their best periods since coming back into the premier league but they like every other team have had their really bad spells, it’s not always going to be rosey for every team, u just have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Crazyhorse
05-02-2019, 02:19 PM
I’m not suggesting u will I just don’t get the whole unacceptable aspect to the situation. I won’t be happy but lll be going next season, and so on. Any1 who walks away will only really be hurting the club, if they did that would they then get a season ticket when we’re on the up, is that really what fans are like these days?

St Johnstone are going thru one of their best periods since coming back into the premier league but they like every other team have had their really bad spells, it’s not always going to be rosey for every team, u just have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Agree with much of what you say. But our crowds and financial resources must be similar to the gap between ourselves and Rantic. If we were finishing above them on a regular basis their orc hordes would be revolting (in both senses of the word).
We will really miss the financial boost top 6 gives this year.

mcfly
05-02-2019, 02:25 PM

I think as hibs fans we have had plenty rough thank you.

The board have had it easy for years now. I would suspect fans frustrations will soon be directed straight at them if this appointment is not someone who galvanises us.

I’ve said before why are we sifting through applications? Why have the board not gone after a manager doing well at another club? Eg Steve Clarke ?

I Hope we are not going down the road of an untried rookie manager. We have 13500 season ticket holders and we need them all to renew.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2019, 02:30 PM
I think as hibs fans we have had plenty rough thank you.

The board have had it easy for years now. I would suspect fans frustrations will soon be directed straight at them if this appointment is not someone who galvanises us.

I’ve said before why are we sifting through applications? Why have the board not gone after a manager doing well at another club? Eg Steve Clarke ?

I Hope we are not going down the road of an untried rookie manager. We have 13500 season ticket holders and we need them all to renew.

You do have to wonder how Kilmarnock with less than half of our Season Ticket holders are fighting it out in the top four
Good Manager and Good Scouting Team are clearly two key Elements though

Sheep_Nae_Mair
08-02-2019, 03:07 PM

27 points to play for...

Hibs Fixtures

Celtic - away
Hamilton - home
Dundee - away
St Johnstone - away
Rangers - home
Motherwell - home
Livingston - away
Kilmarnock - home
Hearts - away

St Johnstone Fixtures

Hamilton - away
Rangers - away
Aberdeen - home
Hibs - home
Livingston - away
St Mirren - home
Motherwell - away
Dundee - home
Kilmarnock - away

Now 8 games left. Ignoring current form, if you use the simple rule of thumb:-

At home to a team currently below in the league – 3 pts
At home to a team currently above in the league – 1 pt
Away to a team currently below in the league – 1 pt
Away to a team currently above in the league – 0 pts.

then the final points totals would be - St. Johnstone 49, Livingston 41, Hibs 40, Motherwell 40.

Obviously things could (and more than likely will) turn out very differently – hopefully in our favour.