PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heckingbottom

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 02:17 PM
If the rumours are correct, he's apparently been approached by Hibs with a view to the Head Coach/Manager role.

I've never heard of the guy but he apparently was in charge of Leeds (for a short spell).

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 02:20 PM
If the rumours are correct, he's apparently been approached by Hibs with a view to the Head Coach/Manager role.

I've never heard of the guy but he apparently was in charge of Leeds (for a short spell).

Spent 2 years at Barnsley did he not?

h18eeynick
03-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Says 3 years in Sunday Mail before being poached by Leeds . Very keen on developing youngsters and sold Alfie Mawson to Swansea for £15 million

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 02:24 PM

Apparently, yeah.

Started as caretaker then offered the role permanently, so must have shown promise.

Lancs Harp
03-02-2019, 02:24 PM

He did well for Barnsley, hence the circus that was Leeds United coming in for him, where perhaps not surprisingly it didn't work out for him.

An interesting name thrown into the hat.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2019, 02:25 PM
No fancying him at all but then again hes probably a cheap option that appeals to petrie and co. Id rather we looked to bring in a manager contracted to another club doing well rather than one who was out of work after being sacked

Heisenberg
03-02-2019, 02:26 PM
No fancying him at all but then again hes probably a cheap option that appeals to petrie and co. Id rather we looked to bring in a manager contracted to another club doing well rather than one who was out of work after being sacked

Neil Lennon was out of work after being sacked and he did ok?

thegaffer12
03-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Lennon did shockingly at Bolton if that works for comparison?

Hermit Crab

Such as?

Keith_M
Neil Lennon was out of work after being sacked and he did ok?

:agree:

Plus what had Mowbray and Stubbs achieved before they joined Hibs?

One of those won us the Scottish Cup and the other was in charge of the most exciting team I'd watched at ER for a good few years.

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2019, 02:32 PM

Genuine question: would Hibs approach more than one candidate or would they consider a shortleet and interview them? Football seems to have its own processes and protocols as, when Stubbs was appointed, I was told Hibs ‘approached’ at least one other candidate and flew him to Edinburgh. If I were that candidate I would have been thinking I’m being head-hunted.😁 Bit of a bummer for the guy when he found out others were treated in a similar vein. Then again, rumours is rumours!

The 90+2
03-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Sounds a bit of an arse.

shamo9
03-02-2019, 02:36 PM

I don't get that logic at all. If they stick around long enough every manager will get sacked. Steve Clarke, Brendan Rodgers, Derek McInnes, Craig Levein and Neil Lennon, all been sacked at one point. It doesn't necessarily make them bad managers, just bad fits at that point in time.

The key is us finding a manager who will be a good fit for us. A successful history of developing young players is a major box to tick.

Anyway, I'd rather we don't waste what limited resources we have on your misguided notions.

Diclonius
03-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Meh

HoboHarry
03-02-2019, 02:39 PM
So paying up NL plus paying compensation to another club. This is better than using our cash for new players in the summer?

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Genuine question: would Hibs approach more than one candidate or would they consider a shortleet and interview them? Football seems to have its own processes and protocols as, when Stubbs was appointed, I was told Hibs ‘approached’ at least one other candidate and flew him to Edinburgh. If I were that candidate I would have been thinking I’m being head-hunted.😁 Bit of a bummer for the guy when he found out others were treated in a similar vein. Then again, rumours is rumours!

I don't have any inside info or anything, just a relative mentioned it to me (he's a Yorkie and I think he read it in a local paper). I then did a search for him on t'internet and saw there's also an article in the DR, among others, that say Hibs are quite keen on him, as he is good at developing young players.

I have no idea how much, if any, of that is true, or how high he is on Hibs wish list.... but posted it on here regardless :-)

Northernhibee
03-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Cheap option...

Who are you suggesting, Solskjaer? He’s a manager who did a very good job at Barnsley before joining a basket case of a club. Certainly worth an interview.

bigwheel
03-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Don’t know much about him, but only coached: managed at two teams - win rate of 34%...doesn’t strike me as an impressive track record so far...

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Don’t know much about him, but only coached: managed at two teams - win rate of 34%...doesn’t strike me as an impressive track record so far...

True, but think how many puns we could make about his name!

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 02:49 PM
According to a a post on Facebook Heckingbottom is 7/1 on Paddy Power.

bigwheel
03-02-2019, 02:50 PM

Sign him [emoji2][emoji106]

Lancs Harp
03-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Oh Heck Paul you made an ar5e of that........

Beefster
03-02-2019, 02:56 PM
I realise that it’s not as black and white as this but his managerial stats are horrendous.

Wee Effen Bee
03-02-2019, 02:57 PM
I don't have any inside info or anything, just a relative mentioned it to me (he's a Yorkie and I think he read it in a local paper). I then did a search for him on t'internet and saw there's also an article in the DR, among others, that say Hibs are quite keen on him, as he is good at developing young players.

I have no idea how much, if any, of that is true, or how high he is on Hibs wish list.... but posted it on here regardless :-)

Cheers Keekaboo👍 I didn’t realise it was in the paper. Thought you had a wee scoop on your hands.

Lancs Harp
03-02-2019, 02:59 PM
I realise that it’s not as black and white as this but his managerial stats are horrendous.

Two mid table finishes in the Championship for a club like Barnsley isnt bad going.

Didnt work at Leeds but he wouldn't be on his own with that one.

Not entirely convinced myself but he's still quite highly thought of down south and I dont think his record is too bad at all considering where he was managing and the level they were playing at.

Unseen work
03-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Saw him mentioned a while back.

Seems to have done well at Barnsley (where he signed Mallan) before going to Leeds for a very short space of time.

Dont know much about him in all honesty but he’s one that excites me.

Quick look on the internet shows that he

Sings young players with potential or lower leagues

Known for good man management

Gets the best out of player at his disposal

A good coach and flourishes when he can concentrate solely on football.

Sounds ideal on paper.

hibsbollah
03-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Heckinbotham? Stupid bumpkin yokel name. Sounds like he should be tickling trout miles away from civilisation. No thanks.

Beefster
03-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Two mid table finishes in the Championship for a club like Barnsley isnt bad going.

Not entirely convinced myself but he's still quite highly thought of down south and I dont think his record is too bad at all considering where he was managing.

Fair dos. I suppose the fact that he got the Leeds job at all shows that his job at Barnsley was successful.

erin go bragh
03-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Butcher had ICT second in the league when we appointed him .

As for folk saying they don’t like his surname 👀
The guy done a cracking job at Barnsley by all accounts.

DTS
03-02-2019, 03:05 PM
I’d be delighted to bring him in. Got Barnsley promoted and then had them sitting in the top 10 in the championship(yes Barnsley) before he left for Leeds. He’s not the first or the last manager to struggle at that circus in the last few years

Lago
03-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Lennon did shockingly at Bolton if that works for comparison?
And so has every other subsequent appointment, so you've made a poor comparison.

bigwheel
03-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Not entirely convinced myself but he's still quite highly thought of down south and I dont think his record is too bad at all considering where he was managing and the level they were playing at.

Fair enough..open to any option that is quality really

37 wins in his time at Barnsley in 105 games, 40 defeats. Tough league right enough - not the most inspirational stats though

eastmainsmsh
03-02-2019, 03:07 PM
I’m surprised Stuart McCall not been mentioned yet at S****horpe but always liked him even if he was a gun

DTS
03-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Fair enough..open to any option that is quality really

37 wins in his time at Barnsley in 105 games, 40 defeats. Tough league right enough - not the most inspirational stats though

Barnsley in the championship are the equivalent of Hamilton in our Premiership, I doubt they even have one of the bigger budgets when they’re in league one.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Such as?

Id go for steve clarke or michael oneil.....or we could go for jack ross at sunderland as he always seems to want to sign the same players we go for

bigwheel
03-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Barnsley in the championship are the equivalent of Hamilton in our Premiership, I doubt they even have one of the bigger budgets when they’re in league one.

Yeah. Good points ....that is worth noting .

still the fact that he has only had two gigs..one of which didn’t work - doesn’t look (on paper) and outstanding candidate.

That said, don’t know a thing about him really

bingo70
03-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Id go for steve clarke or michael oneil.....or we could go for jack ross at sunderland as he always seems to want to sign the same players we go for

Are you not bothering with realistic suggestions though?

Michael O’Neill got a huge 6 year deal from norn Ireland even Scotland couldn’t compete with.

Steve Clarke won’t come to us for many reasons, the most obvious one being he’ll be going to a bigger job than us soon enough.

Jack Ross has not long joined a huge club down south that will be paying far more than we can compete with.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Are you not bothering with realistic suggestions though?

Michael O’Neill got a huge 6 year deal from norn Ireland even Scotland couldn’t compete with.

Steve Clarke won’t come to us for many reasons, the most obvious one being he’ll be going to a bigger job than us soon enough.

Jack Ross has not long joined a huge club down south that will be paying far more than we can compete with.

Jack ross was me being sarcastic.....steve clarke is well within our payscale

H18 SFR
03-02-2019, 03:17 PM

He won't be cheap, his last salary at Leeds Utd would dwarf all but old firm managers in Scotland.

bigwheel
03-02-2019, 03:17 PM

Don’t think there is any career value for Clarke to come to us. He can get a bigger job from the job he is at...would only be risk for him to come to us

He’s not going to be motivated by money, he will be well set up - it will be a football challenge for him ..think he will go to Celtic or down south . No reason for him to move to us .

southern hibby
03-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Heckinbotham? Stupid bumpkin yokel name. Sounds like he should be tickling trout miles away from civilisation. No thanks.

Nowt wrong with tickling trout 😉I’ve tickled a few in my time.

GGTTH

Northernhibee
03-02-2019, 03:20 PM

You think?

FRes Hibbie
03-02-2019, 03:21 PM

Wasn't the rumour that Steve Clarke turned down Rangers before they went for Gerrard? That or they didn't approach him because they knew he would.

If that's true why would he come to us? He's not a Hibee so there's no emotional attachment and, though we probably pay more than Killie, we don't pay more than the huns.

Northernhibee
03-02-2019, 03:21 PM

The last manager contracted to another club doing well was a Mr. Terry Butcher btw.

Spike Mandela
03-02-2019, 03:24 PM
I would like to see a manager who has had experience of Scottish football either as a player, as a coach or by nature of his growing up supporting a Scottish team.

For that reason and for my childish dislike of his surname it is a no thanks from me.😳

Speedway
03-02-2019, 03:28 PM

You caught a few with that one.

hibsbollah
03-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Nowt wrong with tickling trout 😉I’ve tickled a few in my time.

GGTTH

Whats next? Walter Carthorse as assistant? Ebner Cowpat the new physio?

Madness.

Tobias Funke
03-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Sounds a bit of an arse.

That’s a bit Rich mate.

Golden Bear
03-02-2019, 03:36 PM
The poor guy will be at the butt end of many cheeky schoolboy jokes.

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 03:36 PM
I’d be delighted to bring him in. Got Barnsley promoted and then had them sitting in the top 10 in the championship(yes Barnsley) before he left for Leeds. He’s not the first or the last manager to struggle at that circus in the last few years

To be fair even Barnsley's budget is far greater than ours.

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Butcher, Williamson, Fenlon - contracted and doing well

Stubbs, Mowbray, Collins, Lennon - Cheap options.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Sounds a bit of an arse.

:greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Aye, he'll get a bum deal from the fans.

Northernhibee
03-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Aye, he'll get a bum deal from the fans.

Worth a crack.

Carheenlea
03-02-2019, 03:55 PM
He appears to tick a few boxes of what we think the club are looking for.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:03 PM
That’s a bit Rich mate.

Whooosh!

:na na:

J-C
03-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Just checked his stats, apart from his caretaker stint at Barnsley W16 D5 L3 60+%, his stint as full Barnsley boss is not looking that great, W23 D23 L37 27.7%, it's a no from me.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:04 PM

Madness.

Nah, Suggs has got a job.

:wink:

Brunswickbill
03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
This criticism based on his name is wholly wrong, all that matters is if he is good at his job.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:06 PM
This criticism based on his name is wholly wrong, all that matters is if he is good at his job.

Aye, as long as he's not keech.

son of haggart
03-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Aye, as long as he's not keech.

I misread it and thought you were signing ******' Ian Botham

son of haggart
03-02-2019, 04:09 PM

Apparently you can't even say F'eckin here

Carheenlea
03-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Just checked his stats, apart from his caretaker stint at Barnsley W16 D5 L3 60+%, his stint as full Barnsley boss is not looking that great, W23 D23 L37 27.7%, it's a no from me.

When you put it like that it doesn’t look great right enough.

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Apparently you can't even say F'eckin here

They're even a bit fussy about saying H**rts

:wink:

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Have near heard of him before this post - so looked online and seems to fit the random ways we select managers.

Just watched a few interviews on YouTube of him speaking and sounds a pretty straight talking guy.

Classic Hibs.net people moaning this don’t like his name.

Though wouldn’t fit into the green and white army chance would it ?!

His win ratio at Barnsley really isn’t great though so going from a manager who has Champions League experience to him would be an interesting change.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2019, 04:22 PM
You caught a few with that one.

:greengrin

degenerated
03-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Id go for steve clarke or michael oneil.....or we could go for jack ross at sunderland as he always seems to want to sign the same players we go forMichael O'Neill earns 700 grand a year and is a just over year into a 6 year contract and Steve Clarke isn't going to leave killie to come to us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smartie
03-02-2019, 04:26 PM

He's no bumpkin yokel.

Not only has he BEEN to Leeds, he's had a job there.

Montford
03-02-2019, 04:40 PM

Barnsley have the 4th highest attendances in the League (1) and 13th in the Champiinship at approx 14,000
No where near the disparity with Hamilton in the SPFL. Poor comparison

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:46 PM

?

I'm guessing that you're not a Hibs fan and that's the reason your name is in pink?

:dunno:

WoreTheGreen
03-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Are you ex hertz managers son a just a wierdo

Billy Whizz
03-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Michael O'Neill earns 700 grand a year and is a just over year into a 6 year contract and Steve Clarke isn't going to leave killie to come to us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

N. Ireland haven’t a hope in hell in qualifying from their group of Germany and Netherlands. Said he’s always wanted back into club management
Better be careful his stock doesn’t fall
No suggesting he’d come to Hibs, but living in Edinburgh makes it a tad more likely

bingo70
03-02-2019, 04:51 PM
?

I'm guessing that you're not a Hibs fan and that's the reason your name is in pink?

:dunno:

Yes, he’s a jambo.

Always been a good poster on here though.

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Yes, he’s a jambo.

Cheers Bingo. Thanks for confirming. :aok:

I sorta guessed that.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Cheers Bingo. Thanks for confirming. :aok:

I sorta guessed that.

He’s ok though

Here’s Lucy!
03-02-2019, 05:06 PM
He’s ok though

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 05:15 PM
He’s ok though

I've told you all before, it's Alex Salmond using a weird username!

Hibeesmad
03-02-2019, 05:23 PM
I think he would be a good appointment

SMAXXA
03-02-2019, 05:24 PM
From any mate who’s a Leeds fan -

Did OK at Barnsley but didn't really show any discernable style of play for us. He seemed a bit clueless. And he will probably sign Eunan O'Kane for you, who is awful. I’d stay clear

Joe6-2
03-02-2019, 05:28 PM
So paying up NL plus paying compensation to another club. This is better than using our cash for new players in the summer?

Petrie! 😤

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 05:29 PM
From any mate who’s a Leeds fan -

Did OK at Barnsley but didn't really show any discernable style of play for us. He seemed a bit clueless. And he will probably sign Eunan O'Kane for you, who is awful. I’d stay clear

I ****ing hope not!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunan_O'Kane

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 05:53 PM
I ****ing hope not!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunan_O'Kane
An ROI international with recent premier league experience. Why are you so against that?

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 06:33 PM
An ROI international with recent premier league experience. Why are you so against that?

Aye he's that good he's at Luton.

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Aye he's that good he's at Luton.Yeah, playing with Jason Cummings.

matty_f
03-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Can you just sense check this statement?

If you're in charge of a business whose best means of making money and turning a profit is to be successful on the pitch, would you get the best manager you can afford, or look for anyone that's cheap?

If you look at our last three appointments -Butcher was a disaster but certainly not a cheap option.
Stubbs did a good job overall, wasn't cheap.
Lennon wasn't in a job but certainly wasn't a cheap option.

Why do you think someone running the business would now decide that a good manager isn't important?

04Sauzee
03-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Aye he's that good he's at Luton.

Who are top of League 1 , above Sunderland who our last year's player of the year Dylan McGeouch plays for.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Can you just sense check this statement?

If you're in charge of a business whose best means of making money and turning a profit is to be successful on the pitch, would you get the best manager you can afford, or look for anyone that's cheap?

If you look at our last three appointments -Butcher was a disaster but certainly not a cheap option.
Stubbs did a good job overall, wasn't cheap.
Lennon wasn't in a job but certainly wasn't a cheap option.

Why do you think someone running the business would now decide that a good manager isn't important?

Same reason people seem to think that we have a board who don't give a stuff about finishing any better than sixth?

I'm not using the a-word because every second post seems to contain it now, but our whole strategy is based on plodding along apparently and finishing so close to second last year clearly means a deliberate return to someone of lesser ability.

Northernhibee
03-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Same reason people seem to think that we have a board who don't give a stuff about finishing any better than sixth?

I'm not using the a-word because every second post seems to contain it now, but our whole strategy is based on plodding along apparently and finishing so close to second last year [b]clearly means a deliberate return to someone of lesser ability[\b].
We are staring down the barrel of the gun of a bottom half finish. Hardly fantastic just now especially after splashing the cash in the summer.

I really hope the next few months aren’t going to be pining for our recently departed manager whilst turning a blind eye to how poor we have been when he left us or not giving the new manager a chance to turn things round.

Lago
03-02-2019, 07:24 PM

Madness.
I'm sorry, although you fit every criteria for the position, we can't offer it to you because, we don't like your name.

SChibs
03-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Was he approached before or after Lennon left?

Iggy Pope
03-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Are you ex hertz managers son a just a wierdo

Now now. Keep that clean. That ex Hertz manager you speak of was a good football man who had a lot of time for the Hibs (amongst other clubs). I knew him personally and miss him.
And his name is spelt differently from our current pink chum.

tamig
03-02-2019, 07:45 PM
To be fair even Barnsley's budget is far greater than ours.

Its all relative though. Their budget will be dwarfed by the majority of Championship clubs.

tamig
03-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Barnsley have the 4th highest attendances in the League (1) and 13th in the Champiinship at approx 14,000
No where near the disparity with Hamilton in the SPFL. Poor comparison

I don’t think he was referring to crowd sizes. I’m not sure if his comparison was exaggerated as I have no clue how Barnsley’s budget does compare to the rest of the division.

Lago
03-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Now now. Keep that clean. That ex Hertz manager you speak of was a good football man who had a lot of time for the Hibs (amongst other clubs). I knew him personally and miss him.
And his name is spelt differently from our current pink chum.
So did I & he was an absolute gentleman, I won't hear a word said against him.

Feed McGraw
03-02-2019, 08:28 PM
So did I & he was an absolute gentleman, I won't hear a word said against him. I didn`t know him but my Dad did and he always said what a lovely man he was - as you say an absolute gentleman. I`ve often wondered why the poster spells the name with two "g`s" if it`s John Hagart he`s referring to ?

Greenbeard
03-02-2019, 09:23 PM
He'll be used to it. Just hope he doesn't take Hibs to the fe*k*ng bottom.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2019, 05:32 AM
Yes, he’s a jambo.

Yes quite objective and fair when discussion both sides of the Embra divide. Would be a loss if he decided to give us a miss.

son of haggart
04-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Yes quite objective and fair when discussion both sides of the Embra divide. Would be a loss if he decided to give us a miss.

Thank you - I try to keep out of any digs or ‘banter’ and treat my presence here as a guest in the house - albeit a bit like in the Viking days when you have to hand your sword in at the door!

The Haggart name was just a casual choice way back at the start of this site. My preference was to use my own name but having been hounded a bit by some unfriendly union jackers when I tried to push a ‘charter’ against sectarianism under my own name (one of the original flag debates) I opted for a name on here taken from my favourite Edinburgh book ‘Life of Haggart’ - nothing to do with John Hagart Of ‘Hagarts Heroes’ fame.

tamig
04-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Thank you - I try to keep out of any digs or ‘banter’ and treat my presence here as a guest in the house - albeit a bit like in the Viking days when you have to hand your sword in at the door!

The Haggart name was just a casual choice way back at the start of this site. My preference was to use my own name but having been hounded a bit by some unfriendly union jackers when I tried to push a ‘charter’ against sectarianism under my own name (one of the original flag debates) I opted for a name on here taken from my favourite Edinburgh book ‘Life of Haggart’ - nothing to do with John Hagart Of ‘Hagarts Heroes’ fame.
You’re always welcome here SOH and your contributions over many years are appreciated.

ian cruise
04-02-2019, 07:15 AM

They're not that different to Steve Clarke's prior to Kilmarnock but he's the new savior of Scottish football according to most up here. It's a different game in England with all the money going around, very much the haves and have nots.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2019, 07:18 AM
They're not that different to Steve Clarke's prior to Kilmarnock but he's the new savior of Scottish football according to most up here. It's a different game in England with all the money going around, very much the haves and have nots.

Clarke managed West Brom to their highest premier league finish. And assisted at Chelsea and Liverpool. Slightly stronger CV IMO.

ian cruise
04-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Clarke managed West Brom to their highest premier league finish. And assisted at Chelsea and Liverpool. Slightly stronger CV IMO.

I didn't take in to account the assistant manager role as its arguable how much away he had on the success of those teams, there are many posting they wouldn't consider Doolan as he hasn't been a manager, only a coach.

For what it's worth I do think Clarke would be a good appointment, he's proven himself up here, I was just pointing out that it's wrong to take an avg 34% win record and assume he'd do a poor job. He had one very successful stint as manager (Barnsley) and one poor stint (Leeds) so he's as good a chance of being a success with us, should he get the job, as most of the other names currently being floated about.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2019, 08:11 AM
I didn`t know him but my Dad did and he always said what a lovely man he was - as you say an absolute gentleman. I`ve often wondered why the poster spells the name with two "g`s" if it`s John Hagart he`s referring to ?

It's not.

Edit: I just noticed that he explained his username in a later post.

Feed McGraw
04-02-2019, 08:50 AM
It's not.

Edit: I just noticed that he explained his username in a later post. Just saw that HR, all clear now, cheers. :aok:

HibbySpurs
04-02-2019, 09:37 AM
I see Heckingbottom is now 5/2 Fav for the job but the betting really is as wide open as the Grand National so no clear indicators from the bookies as of yet with GS at 3/1 and Stubbsy at 7/2.