PDA

View Full Version : Davie Provan

Leith Green
03-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Just to clarify that he knows absolutely nothing about Hibernian or Scottish football in general , his article in the scottish sun has him after taking a swipe at the clubs lack of ambition also says Stevie Mallan should be aimimg for a Scotland call up.

CMac1988
03-02-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm sick if seeing the word ambition thrown about in here and in the media is this whole debacle.

Whilst we don't have the figures it's pretty clear that Lennon has been the most financially backed manager we've had since McLeish. Between the management and recruitment they've failed to identify and sign suitable replacements for the players we lost last summer.

This was always going to be a tough task but until we got Gauld in not one player we signed had been of the calibre of the core 3 that left.

The squad has somehow regressed despite strong financial backing and is notably worse than the one that was put together in the Championship with lesser funds.

Lennon failed this season. He's not entirely to blame but for the media to lay this at the door of the board on the grounds of ambition is nonsense. If anything the board showed ambition by getting rid of him.

BoomtownHibees
03-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Davie Provan is a dick

CmoantheHibs
03-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Davie Provan is a dick

Don't think you'll get too many arguing against that.

Phil MaGlass
03-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Davie who?

Sammy7nil
03-02-2019, 09:24 AM
I'm sick if seeing the word ambition thrown about in here and in the media is this whole debacle.

Whilst we don't have the figures it's pretty clear that Lennon has been the most financially backed manager we've had since McLeish. Between the management and recruitment they've failed to identify and sign suitable replacements for the players we lost last summer.

This was always going to be a tough task but until we got Gauld in not one player we signed had been of the calibre of the core 3 that left.

The squad has somehow regressed despite strong financial backing and is notably worse than the one that was put together in the Championship with lesser funds.

Lennon failed this season. He's not entirely to blame but for the media to lay this at the door of the board on the grounds of ambition is nonsense. If anything the board showed ambition by getting rid of him.

:agree::top marks:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2019, 09:29 AM
From the Alan McInally school of punditry. Makes sure that everyone is aware of how important his output is.

The Harp Awakes
03-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Just to clarify that he knows absolutely nothing about Hibernian or Scottish football in general , his article in the scottish sun has him after taking a swipe at the clubs lack of ambition also says Stevie Mallan should be aimimg for a Scotland call up.

Yes, whilst there are quite a few muppet football pundits in Scotland, Davie Provan is the worst of the lot. The biggest old firm trumpet you will find. I remember his article on the McGinn transfer slagging Hibs off for having the audacity to reject Celtic's bids, saying Hibs were 'playing with fire' and doing ourselves an act of self-harm not to accept their money. He went strangely quiet when McGinn went to Villa for more cash.

He repeatedly has a go in his column at Hibs (and Hearts for that matter), but never has a bad word to say about the Rangers.

Weegreenman
03-02-2019, 09:33 AM
I don’t know what to believe. Everything has been hush hush from Hibs. All we can go by is rumour and the wreckage that’s been left behind. All I can do as a supporter is keep that trust in Leanne Dempster and support the club going forward. It’s easy for the likes of Proven to have a go from the outside looking in but the facts are the club seem to have backed Lennon. Unfortunately some of the players Lennon has brought to the club appear to be at a level that is lower than what is required. I’m pretty sure all managers get frustrated because they can’t quite get a deal over the line, that’s life I’m afraid. Is it a blessing in disguise I wonder? Most of Lennon’s signings just haven’t been good enough and his man management of the players obviously isn’t what it should have been. In Leanne I trust.

Fergos
03-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Davie Provan. Who cares what he has to say. Its like asking Ms Piggy from the muppet show about Brexit.

GGTTH.

Tomsk
03-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Yes, whilst there are quite a few muppet football pundits in Scotland, Davie Provan is the worst of the lot. The biggest old firm trumpet you will find. I remember his article on the McGinn transfer slagging Hibs off for having the audacity to reject Celtic's bids, saying Hibs were 'playing with fire' and doing ourselves an act of self-harm not to accept their money. He went strangely quiet when McGinn went to Villa for more cash.

He repeatedly has a go in his column at Hibs (and Hearts for that matter), but never has a bad word to say about the Rangers.

He hates Edinburgh. He's quite open about it.

overdrive
03-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Part of the Kilmacolm clique at the Scottish branch of Sky Sports, along with McQueen.

SlickShoes
03-02-2019, 09:49 AM
Mallan for Scotland is the funniest thing I’ve read in weeks

heid the baw
03-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Provan confuses ambition with money. The SPL title has not left Glasgow in 30 years. The only time it even looked like being threatened was briefly in 2005 until the mad one sacked Burley.
Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie etc all operate on costs way less than half of the uglies financial clout. You can have all the ambition in the world, but if you can't bring in or retain players who would can easily earn 5 figure weekly wages elsewhere , then you will not win this league.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Davie Provan probably kills kittens in his spare time. He’s a prick.

CLASS OF 72 -73
03-02-2019, 10:03 AM
We have few allies at Sky not sure who’s worse Walker or Proven. Luke Shanley does bat for us though.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2019, 10:10 AM
We have few allies at Sky not sure who’s worse Walker or Proven. Luke Shanley does bat for us though.

Walker is actually the only one, surprisingly, that has spoken out a bit against Lennon in terms of his results not being a good enough etc. The rest are conveniently forgetting about that.

RoxburghHibs
03-02-2019, 10:12 AM

Not been a fan of his ever since he was asked about his thoughts for the "up coming Edinburgh derby" when commentating on a game on Sky. His reply was that he is a Glasgow lad so he didn't really care (not exact words but thereabouts).

Eyrie
03-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Not been a fan of his ever since he was asked about his thoughts for the "up coming Edinburgh derby" when commentating on a game on Sky. His reply was that he is a Glasgow lad so he didn't really care (not exact words but thereabouts).

It's his job to know about such things and sound enthusiastic. Guy's an aerosol.

killie-hibby
03-02-2019, 10:53 AM
It's very difficult to say who would win a Dick Prick league. My money is on Gordon Smith. He exudes vanity,failure and stupidity, as do most pundits. In todays Sunday Post he is criticising Hibs for signing players. Does anyone know how much pundits earn for writing articles and voicing verbal diarrhoea while failing to do any research on their chosen subject.

sauzee=legend
03-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Davie Provan is a dick

Post of the year award goes to you my friend 🏆

emerald green
03-02-2019, 10:58 AM

The currant bun. Tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper.

Why would anyone buy that rag? Never forget Hillsborough.

OsloHibs
03-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Mallan for Scotland is the funniest thing I’ve read in weeks

😂😂😂That and the girl who got Harry styles tattoo on her face!

southsider
03-02-2019, 11:46 AM
Walker is actually the only one, surprisingly, that has spoken out a bit against Lennon in terms of his results not being a good enough etc. The rest are conveniently forgetting about that.
Him and Boyd both. Both proven (no pun intended) liars. What they don’t lie about they make up. Anyway a new boss and a good cup win would be a start.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Has he got over that sleeping sickness yet? Seems not.

HAZ2000
03-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Have to say Provan is my favourite co-commentator

hibeerealist
03-02-2019, 02:40 PM

Apart from the Mallan for Scotland slaver I don’t see anything to take issue with in his story, I think a good percentage of Hibs supporters who have watched us over the last 30/40 years would agree with what he says.

There are a lot of us feel very disappointed to lose NL and GP but that will hurt a lot more if we find out that £500K was paid out too in fulfilling contracts!!! Have to wait until the accounts for the answer.

.Sean.
03-02-2019, 02:43 PM
The pricks prick. A grade A tim obsessed welt

Onceinawhile
03-02-2019, 04:01 PM
😂😂😂That and the girl who got Harry styles tattoo on her face!

Hate to tell you, but it wasn't a real tattoo.

AgentDaleCooper
03-02-2019, 04:15 PM

i didn't want to see Lennon go, but i've got to say that this is a top post that should be mandatory reading for everyone on here.

silverhibee
03-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Our players are snowflakes and go running to the board because big bad Neil said some home truths to them, according to frank Macavennie.

Our club should be defending the pish that is been written about the players since Lennon left, does the club not have anyone they can use to refute these allegations being made by Lennon's mates through the media, the silence from Leeann or Rod is just adding to the fuel that it was our players who caused all this nonsense, I really hope that's not true.

WoreTheGreen
03-02-2019, 04:57 PM
I’am sure Frankie boy had seen a lot of white stuff like snow

angus hibby
03-02-2019, 05:09 PM
So we’ve had big newspaper headlines from Boyd, Sutton, Provan and McAvennie all saying club are a disgrace, board lack ambition, players are snowflakes etc etc.

Danny Swanson commented on it in a press conference leading up to their game and said that he wasn’t surprised Lennon has left, saying the club are probably right to get rid with us being in bottom six. Hints at Lennon constantly shouting at players low on confidence.

Surprise, surprise that Swanson’s comments didn’t make the big headlines the others did....and Swanson will have much more of an idea of what was going on than any of the others!

HarpLife
03-02-2019, 09:16 PM
This article is just so skewed and badly written, I honestly didn't get very far through it. The old Celtic/Rangers have more ambition and will to win argument is pretty silly, what they have is goliath sized budgets and squads, as well as players that would play for them but no one else in Scotland. He argues that Hibs is a holiday camp compared to Celtic, why are we 8th under Lennon's leadership then? Because we've struggled for consistency (arguably his fault) and we've been ravaged by injury (nobody's fault) and we don't have the squad size to replace key players.

Mainly I found myself hoping against hope that he wouldn't get paid for this tripe, your bang average Scottish football forum like this is a fair bit more insightful and better written. I live in Glasgow and a lot of people are sensible and respectful of other teams but some, like your man Provan, have a very strange attitude after living in the bubble. I worked for G4S once upon a time and did a game at ER with a drafted in Glasgow contingent and two older guys behind me looked around the stadium and said - 'lookit awra green, mini-Celtic, Celtic wahnabees...' Apparently they can't read the years on the badges to see who was who's copycat. As I say though, I know lots through here who like the Scottish game in general and are happy to talk about matters through the length of the table.

green day
03-02-2019, 09:25 PM
I am still surprised that people actually read a newspaper these days.

Especially The Sun, post Hillsborough.

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Provan confuses ambition with money. The SPL title has not left Glasgow in 30 years. The only time it even looked like being threatened was briefly in 2005 until the mad one sacked Burley.
Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie etc all operate on costs way less than half of the uglies financial clout. You can have all the ambition in the world, but if you can't bring in or retain players who would can easily earn 5 figure weekly wages elsewhere , then you will not win this league.
All top leagues in Europe are similar. Won by the same 2 or 3 teams.