PDA

View Full Version : Those Pies!!!!

IainA
02-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Absolutely awful again today! In the East Stand they were hard (well over cooked) and boiling in the middle (illegally so?). A kid could have seriously burnt their mouth! Could a claim be made if a small child burnt themselves under ‘Food Safety rules? I don’t know but........

The poor quality and cost of the food has been raised so many times with the club and we are just ignored! What is wrong with them? Please get it sorted out as it is totally embarrassing!

I think we should call for a boycott and force the issue.

danhibees1875
02-02-2019, 08:43 PM
The hospitality pies were brilliant. :wink:

CMac1988
02-02-2019, 08:43 PM
People need to stop buying it. Never buy a thing in the ground these days other than the odd drink. Food is pitiful.

EDIT

As above the hospitality pies go down a treat.

Carheenlea
02-02-2019, 08:45 PM
A more than decent steak pie in west upper I thought today - no complaints.

Speedway
The food will improve when the sales fail for the current fayre.

IainA
The hospitality pies were brilliant. :wink:

Dang! I should have headed there then! :na na:

That shows that it CAN be done!

percy veer
02-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Christ sake a pie too hot . Get a grip

percy veer
02-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Absolutely awful again today! In the East Stand they were hard (well over cooked) and boiling in the middle (illegally so?). A kid could have seriously burnt their mouth!

The poor quality and cost of the food has been raised so many times with the club and we are just ignored! What is wrong with them? Please get it sorted out as it is totally embarrassing!

Illegally so , ha ha

hibsbollah
02-02-2019, 08:47 PM
My south stand scotch pie wasn't as bad as they often are today. But I've noticed the East pies seems to be the worst. Why, I don't know.

danhibees1875
02-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Dang! I should have headed there then! :na na:

That shows that it CAN be done!

You raise a fair point. There is no reason that the pies on offer can't always be of that standard.

I never buy them, but I would if they were as good as the hospitality ones. (Subject to pricing)

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Absolutely awful again today! In the East Stand they were hard (well over cooked) and boiling in the middle (illegally so?). A kid could have seriously burnt their mouth!

:agree::agree::agree:

Had one the day in the West Lower, it was brutal, like eating a rock. The meat filling is horrid with weird seasoning. Last time I waste my money on one of them.

CMurdoch
02-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I was at the Newcastle v Man City match on Monday and the steak pie was A1.
Ashley is indeed a ****er but the pies in his stadium are top class.
I don't buy food in the East as it is barfing. Unfortunately other folk do so nothing changes

brianmc
02-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Illegally so , ha ha

That's the bit that had me chortling as well 🤣

How entitled some have become eh

For the record. I bought 2 scotch pies pre match today in the East. As they have been almost every occasion since that stand was constructed, they were absolutely fine (although obviously unhealthy and overpriced).

Here's a tip for free: when a pie comes out an oven it can be hot. Best let it cool down a bit before biting into it.

Boycott?? 🤣
I thought we were all able to do that already?

SChibs
02-02-2019, 09:00 PM
The reason they sell the pies that they do is because thousands of people buy them every week. If people stop buying then it would improve imo

confused
02-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Aye Rod you never listen, between you and Whits ,you have even managed to ruin the pies

Fife-Hibee
02-02-2019, 09:08 PM
A pie being too hot?

We're getting as soft as the players on the park.

LaMotta
02-02-2019, 09:16 PM
The reason they sell the pies that they do is because thousands of people buy them every week. If people stop buying then it would improve imo

Pies are far better at other grounds though. No reason for them to be so rank!

JXM73
02-02-2019, 09:19 PM
West stand steak pies were excellent...

Cardinal G
02-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Just in from match and was going to post something similar myself. I'm in West Lower and they were excatly as you described.
However until we boycott nothing will change, don't start me on the service either, I know there Just young lads and lasses on crap pay but I'm on about the supervisors and the inability to manage.

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2019, 10:58 PM

Illegal 😂

Jack
02-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Tamsons are selling Bains pies for £2. Eat up or stock up before you go!

brianmc
02-02-2019, 11:31 PM
A pie being too hot?

We're getting as soft as the players on the park.

I sometimes pine for the days of the old East terrace where you could buy a pie half an hour before kick off, tuck it under your oxter then make your way into the mass of bodies on the cold concrete steps - then if you were really lucky your pie would be defrosted enough to eat by half time.
Ahhh..... The good old days eh

Jones28
02-02-2019, 11:35 PM
Vote with your feet. They're pish, buy something elsewhere. Baynes, Greggs, even co-ops do Stephens pies and they're braw.

Brizo
03-02-2019, 06:18 AM

I don't want to get political but this could become an issue post Brexit. I'm sure there are current Eu laws governing core pie temperature and a no deal exit could lead to an even greater incidence of illegally boiling pies. Ive burnt my own mouth when I was a kid so I can literally feel your pain. I was lucky as it wasn't "seriously burnt" but appreciate that would be like, really serious.

I think you are the man to take this burning issue forward, if you start a petition ill sign :aok:

DetroitHibs
03-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Tamsons are selling Bains pies for £2. Eat up or stock up before you go!

I'd give my left ball to get a dozen Bain's pies right now. Best pies ever :aok:

Keith_M
03-02-2019, 09:52 AM

I've already started a boycott as I stopped buying their rubbish food ages ago.

I only ever buy a coffee, if it's really cold like yesterday.

staunchhibby
03-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Stopped buying the overpriced cap food ages ago.Get mines from Law sons Uphall. £1_25 for a filled cic ken harm pie.Superb value.

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Stopped buying the overpriced cap food ages ago.Get mines from Law sons Uphall. £1_25 for a filled cic ken harm pie.Superb value.

I'm familiar with that particular butcher. But the pie you describe sounds horrific 😂

staunchhibby
03-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Nah they are superb ::greengrin chicken and ham in sauce scrumptious :aok:

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Nah they are superb ::greengrin chicken and ham in sauce scrumptious :aok:

It was the 'harm pie' bit haha

Quality butchers though. Can't disagree.

staunchhibby
03-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Oops never noticed that spelling error::thumbsup:

duffers
03-02-2019, 11:29 AM
I asked for a cup of tea at half time where the lass put in hot water and milk but forgot the tea bag

wearethehibs
03-02-2019, 12:47 PM
So many wee cafes and bakers near to ER, no idea why folk buy food in the ground.

hibbysam
03-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Steak pie in the east pre game was really good. Much better than I’m used to but that’s been a few months since I had one. Decent amount of gravy and plenty hot enough. Base didn’t stick to the tray when taking it out either.

ben johnson
03-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Illegally so , ha ha

Legal Issues
from the keep-it-cool,-yo dept
Mon, Feb 14th 2011 10:40am — Mike Masnick
Perhaps no legal liability lawsuit brings out passionate arguments (on all sides) like the infamous McDonald's "hot coffee" lawsuit, in which McDonald's was sued and lost for providing a woman with coffee that was too hot (on appeal the case was eventually settled). Some feel that the case is the quintessential example of bogus lawsuits, while others suggest that the case actually had merits. Of course, given its high profile nature, there have been attempts here or there to replicate it in some form or another, and up next, we've apparently got a lawsuit against Disney for serving nacho cheese at Disney World that was too darn hot.

Famous Fiver
03-02-2019, 01:51 PM
I've been boycotting the pies for some while now simply by not buying them.

CentreLine
03-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Thought the pies were excellent in the west yesterday. Finally getting hot pies for a very pleasant change. Keep it up Hibs

easty
03-02-2019, 02:48 PM
I asked for a cup of tea at half time where the lass put in hot water and milk but forgot the tea bag

Decaf

Hermit Crab
03-02-2019, 02:51 PM
The pies are crap, in fact the catering for us non hospitality folk is pish in general. This has been raised lots of times now but as usual no action from the club despite the fact we were told the catering would be brought in house about 3 seasons ago.

Famous Fiver
03-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Lack of seagulls in the second half says it all about the catering.

GreenCastle
03-02-2019, 02:53 PM
The catering prices and quality are crap.

The tannoy is crap.

Club don’t care about fan experience

Spend your ££ elsewhere - £1 for a pie on leith walk at the 24 hour bakery.

horseflesh
03-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Never had a pie since I was a laddie but was lrushing about yesterday and thought “a scotch pie, just the job’”. Just about broke a friggin tooth on it. Seriously considered taking it back but couldn’t be arsed.
Twas in the West Lower

staunchhibby
03-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Been lots of talk regarding the catering but never any action.

ben johnson
03-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Illegal 😂

If you have received a burn injury from a hot beverage that was too hot to consume, whether the drink was purchased in a restaurant, on a train, to take away or from any other establishment selling hot drinks then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries. If you are uncertain if you have a claim, then get in touch with us and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to look into the details of your case with you.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Legal Issues
from the keep-it-cool,-yo dept
Mon, Feb 14th 2011 10:40am — Mike Masnick
Perhaps no legal liability lawsuit brings out passionate arguments (on all sides) like the infamous McDonald's "hot coffee" lawsuit, in which McDonald's was sued and lost for providing a woman with coffee that was too hot (on appeal the case was eventually settled). Some feel that the case is the quintessential example of bogus lawsuits, while others suggest that the case actually had merits. Of course, given its high profile nature, there have been attempts here or there to replicate it in some form or another, and up next, we've apparently got a lawsuit against Disney for serving nacho cheese at Disney World that was too darn hot.

The big difference is that neither coffee or chesse are required by law to be heated or reheated to certain temperature where as meat pies are.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2019, 04:00 PM
If you have received a burn injury from a hot beverage that was too hot to consume, whether the drink was purchased in a restaurant, on a train, to take away or from any other establishment selling hot drinks then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries. If you are uncertain if you have a claim, then get in touch with us and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to look into the details of your case with you.

Beverage and pies a totally different element.